Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


2,401 to 2,450 of 4,597 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"It will be more convincing if our campsite has been used for at least a little while before they arrive. We can set up that portion of the plan anytime."

In response to the chief's inquiry, "Information. As Barnabus says, the more we know about when they come through, the better. If they are not so consistent as his questions suggest, perhaps we could set up a series of scouts to watch for the approaching riders and pass the word up the river via signal - fire or mirror or well-shined dagger, perhaps."


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Yes indeed, Erastil can grant me the power to temporarily bring silence over a small area, I could even make Gorguk or Durok the focus of the spell so that it followed them about.

"As to the duration of the entanglement and silence spells, the silence will last about half a minute, and the entangling plants will last for several minutes."

"Just let me know what you would like me to prepare and I will be ready."


Male Human Witch 5

***smiles


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Chief Sootscales, I appreciate your offer to help in this matter. Along iwth the information that Rhasa asks, I think thatif you would have a group of your people follow an hour behind them in case the group retreats would be a sound idea. I have faith in Durok being able to catch anyone who is fleeing but only if they go inthe same direction. If some flee onwards and some retreat then I would hope that you could stop those that come your way. I do not expect it to come to that with Cal being able to hold them in position, but one can never be too careful.

Cal I think that if you could have both available and ready that would be the best. Although I don not think that 30seconds is enough time for the silence to work effectively. If it could last minutes great but with that short of time the duration would expire before they got to the campsite. The 2 of us can provide some group healing if it comes to that, but I think your gifts would be better used to limit the healing needed. That also could be an excelent use Chief Sootscales. If you or your people could help hide Durok and myself in the grass that would be most beneficial. I would trust your talents more than my own since you life in this environment and would know the trade to hide.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Sootscales says that he can let you have half-a-dozen kobolds - the best at tracking and fighting. Nakpik will be in charge, with Mikmek as the second in command. Sidewinder, although not good at fighting, has seen the bandits on patrol and does his best to answer Barnabus's questions - it seems that when they pass the point you've selected (which he knows) they are generally just riding along and not taking any particular notice. He offers to go and establish a campsite there, if you want it to look 'lived in' by the time the bandits arrive... although he reckons that once you set the ambush, you probably don't want kobolds hanging around! He reckons it is about a week before the bandits are likely to be around.


Male Human Witch 5

"A week excellent. Let us expect the bandtis to be there as we approach!"


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Thank you again Chief Sootscales. Once again you do your community proud and honor the agreement that we have started. It is rare to find someone who is willing to follow through with action and not speak empty words. I will try to kepe your men safe as I would my own companions. I do not guarentee that they will not fall for that is a promise that I can not readily keep. I will do what is in my power though to help them.

What other plans do we need to set the ambush? People in place: check. Spells decided: check. Contigency plan with the kobolds providing support: check. Anything else?


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa is satisfied with the plan.


Male Human Witch 5

Noting Gorguk's concern......
"Seems tha best laid plans have been made. Tis too bad tha Calindar's spell can not reach them within tha fortress."


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

That is true Barnabus. It would make things a lot easier, but nothing great has ever been gained by it being easy.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar has nothing to add. Looks good so far.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"It's not the distance that is the problem, I can cast both spells hundreds of feet away from myself. The problem would be the walls o fthe fort, for I must see the object that is the focus of the spell. Now if I could levitate like you so that I could see above the walls, that might be an option."

"But as for the task at hand with this group of bandits wandering by, I just need to be in sight of the area that we want to be affected and I can make it happen."


Male Human Witch 5

"Aye might as well wish yah could leveitate, casts thatangled spell and land as Gorguk smitin them wit a big sword!"


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

If you could levitate as such and cast spells at the same time from that distance, they would try and make a pin cushion out of you in a matter of seconds. Be thankful for the gifts you have been granted for they are yours for a reason.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Once again Gorguk my friend your words are wise and bring me back to the proper frame of mind."

"In the time that we have before the bandits come our way, we may want to train and practice these techniques that we have discussed. We may even want to go to the area that are anticipating them to make it look like the camp has been their for a time."


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"That sounds good to me. No offense to our hosts, but I would rather sleep under the stars, anyway."

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Sidewinder has already offered to establish a campsite at your ambush point...


Male Human Witch 5

"Let us return to simpler ways an camp under tha stars!"

"Tha morning air calls us to ride."


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Thank you sidewinder we will take your help in establishing the camp. However I think that Cal has a good point that it would be fotuitous if we spent a couple of days there ourselves learning the lay of the land and practicing our ambush. Perhaps the camp can be made while we are busy practising.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar shrugged, a slight smile playing across his lips as he listened to his comrades playful banter. However, he had long since been ready to go. Though he enjoyed being at the Sootscale warrens, given that some of the most recent encounters the Wardens had taken place away from the sun, the magician wanted to leave as soon as possible. They had much work to do to get ready, with no guarantee that it would go well.

In truth, all they truly had was this faith in one another.

Faith.

Something about that word brought to Lothar's mind the strange vision that he had the night before. The magician still wasn't sure what to make of it or what the Old Man had told him.

The work is the prayer.

Lothar wasn't sure whether he should take that in a literal context. It was fundamentally another way of saying that, 'Irori helps those that help themselves.' That by working to solve the problem, he would receive the answer.

All well and good until Lothar realized that he had no idea what the problem was that he was supposed to be trying to solve.

The magician stood up from where he'd been leaning. If we're going to do this, then let us depart quickly and make ourselves ready. 'No time like the present.' My master's favorite phrase.


Male Human Witch 5

"Lothar we must ave had tha same master for mine used tah say, be aware, because beware is too late."


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"Come, Sidewinder, you can show me how to throw the axe like you do. I have one that needs using." She pats the bandit woman's axe on her belt.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"I'd be glad to," says Sidewinder, positively glowing at having someone who doesn't regard him as a figure of derision.

Both Nakpik and Mikmek have come along as well, riding on Dyfrig's cart. They are full of glee at the thought of doing the 'Bandit Bash' as Mikmek puts it.

The day is warm and clear, with a few high white clouds, and you reach your proposed ambush just in time for a late lunch. Dyfrig had made some cold chicken sandwiches and boiled eggs rolled in sausage meat, breadcrumbed and fried, tasty snacks before you get the camp set up and he can start cooking in earnest.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus smiles at his companions....

"Wonder how long we will have to wait?"


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

As the camp is being set up, Gorguk will help where he can but after a while he will take Durok out and go for a ride to explore the area better. He is looking at everything making sure that his plan would work and there isn't any immediate problems. Entering the tall grass, Gorguk will have Durok lie down in an attempt to conceal himself. Hopefully the grass is tall enough to provide adequate cover. Once that is done, Gorguk will return and wait for the rest of the guardians to make their inspections and critique the plan more fully. Once everyone is ready, then practice can start with the kobolds hopefully being the bandits.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The terrain on the far side of the copse is fairly flat, gently rolling, good grazing, mostly grass with the odd bush.

The grass varies in height from close-cropped to easily long enough to conceal Durok when he lies down... in a few places it's up to his chin when standing! The grass immediately on the far side of the copse from the track is up to Durok's belly when he is standing up, so he ought to be able to hide himself lying down.

The kobolds think that the idea of role-playing bandits is delightful, although they have their wires crossed and sound more like a bunch of pirates, putting on silly accents and capering around.


Male Human Witch 5

From his lookout in the trees Barnabus has little trouble spotting the pirates.....

"Pirates Ho!"

he calls down......


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Sitting with Lothar in the campsite, Rhasa says, "First note - we need to make sure that Barnabus' warning does not warn the bandits, as well. We need him to remain unnoticed until we've determined whether it will be peace or combat, don't you think? Perhaps a dropped stone or something of that nature would do it."


Male Human Witch 5

"Aye tis why we err doin a test run, an fer fun."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar didn't seem concerned and it showed when he spoke: When this actually happens, my messaging spell will be active. All Barnabus will have to do is whisper what he sees. I'll relay what he says to the other Wardens. No need to have rocks raining from the heavens. Relax, partner. This'll work out just fine.

The clandestine nature of what they were preparing for did much to ease the magician's mind. He seemed more like his old self again, confident and ready to act. Not at all like the distracted person back at the cave.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Satisfied, the elf just nods.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

After a moment, another concern comes to her mind. "Lothar, when these bandits come, one of us that is not hidden will have to speak to determine their intent. Will that be you?" There is definitely a request in her tone...


Male Human Witch 5

"Twould seem a small fire and delectable smells o Dyfrig's cooking might disarm tha unwarry bandits an garner new friends mongst simple travelers alike. Mayhap a big pot o beans is in order."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar gave a reassuring smile. If your doing so makes you in any way uncomfortable, then I don't see why not. Tactically speaking, having you watch my back with your bow may be better in the long run.

The magician then gave Rhasa a sly wink as he responded to Barnabus: The power of the magical fruit should not be taken lightly. Many are the tales of horror that abound concerning its misuse, with the results being disastrous for friend and foe alike. Dyfrig would know best and such things should be left to his discretion.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

For his own part, Gorguk seems satisfied with the conditions both at the campsite and in the grasses. While Barnabus and Lothar discuss the magical means by which they communicate and should signal the others, Gorguk sits quietly. It is better to let them figure out the best way to accomplish what we have prepared. I am at a lost for most of the subtleties of the arcance and barely have a glimpse of the divine. They know what we are to do and they will know the best way to accomplish it. It appears that the kobolds are having fun in this venture. Hopefully it stays that way for them. When the meal is over, Gorguk will again inseit on another practice run. He would like this to be the routine for at least the next 3 days until the plan is smooth and hopefully wrinkle free.


Male Human Witch 5

"Bah we will be too tired to attack tha real bandits, even tha kobolds are not having fun, besides I ken only levitate once in a day."


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Come now Barnabus, I don't expect you to levitate now during the practice run, but what harm is there in practicing again. It takes only 30minutes or so to set everything up andgo through it.Come a little hard work and you can enjoy the rest of the day.

A thought comes over him as he is looking at Rhasa, Any idea what the weather is going to be like for the next week? That could throw all of our plans askew.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa stands up and breathes deeply, getting the scent of the air, looking around at the horizon in all directions.

Survival (plains) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Male Human Witch 5

"Mah spells will not be affected by not rain, nor sleet nor dead of night!"


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

That may be Barnabus, but how are you to see the bandits approach if the waether is so foul that you can only see 20ft away. That is what concerns me right now.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

"If such are the conditions, arrows will be of little use and footing could be treacherous, but swords will still be effective. I'm sure that Calindar's plants will be as effective wet. But it is a consideration. And what if they come upon the camp in the dark?"


Male Human Witch 5

"Then perhaps tha plan should be tah return tah tha caves an weather tha storm within, an await another patrol."


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

That could take another month.Do we really want to wait that long and let the staglord have his reign. I think not. I would rather pursue the patrol in the open than to wait longer.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

It is useless to complain about those things over which we have no control, Barnabus. Besides, do you not see the irony of a follower of the Wind and Waves being put out by the possibility of bad weather? Lothar raised an admonishing finger toward the witch and waggled it with a mischievous smile. For shame. What would Gozreh say?


Male Human Witch 5

"I would be fine allowing tha lord of wind batter tha flesh from tha bones o tha bandits an level tha fort at tha same time. I might even one day fly into tha air tah enjoy it, twas Girguk who expressed concern o tha weather, not I. I offered tha option o not always following tha plan, such as iffen 100 bandits ride along tha route, we wouls spring forth an claim victory with our grand plan!"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Oh, I'm quite aware of who said what to whom. But suggesting that we return to the caves when you know full well that we can't does nothing to further our cause. The longer we wait, the more harm that the Stag Lord and his bandits will cause. Since we know that the next time that the patrol will come again is a month, then that's more time for the Stag Lord to consolidate his strength. I have no desire to see that happen and neither should you. Gorguk has the right of it. We cannot go back there, not just yet.

Lothar looked around at his companions, his fellow Wardens. This is not conducive to our cause. We should not be bickering amongst ourselves, not when we are embarking to defeat an enemy such as the Stag Lord. His eyes came to rest upon Barnabus. My comment, though humorous in its own way, was not necessary and potentially endangers our cause. For the sake of continued unity and goodwill, let me offer this, my formal and sincerest apologies.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

The elf shrugs. "If they get past, we will follow." She says with confidence.

She doesn't appear concerned with the tone of the discussion.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Sorry everyone, between two dead computers, work and job hunting, I've been without internet and time. Got my desktop PC back up and running late yesterday, and my laptop is history, bad motherboard. Anyway Calinder is back now.

Calinder gladly participates as many times as Gorguk would like, as he too would like to leave as little to chance as possible. He laughs and jokes with the others, but stays out of any of the debates, he knows that the others are just blowing off the tension that waiting is causing.

On the last run through Calinder actually casts his Entangle effect on their kobold friends, making sure that the plants affected would not cause them any damage, but hold them only.


Elf Ranger (Guide, Skirmisher)

Rhasa charges into the entangled region as a test for herself to see the effect on a creature entering after the spell is active. Caught, she does not struggle, but laughs along with the kobolds.

After a moment, she does try to swing her sword at an imaginary foe to see how the spell affects her efforts.

After the spell has worn off or been dismissed, she nods to Calindar. "I think that spell of yours is going to be very useful, my friend. Very useful, indeed."


Male Human Witch 5

"I am certain tha bandits shall come an tha fates shall bless our endeavours should they care tah do so!"

"I fear mah tone indicates seriousness when I meant a bit o fun! Shall we continue for dirrent approaches or should we encounter a scout first!"

2,401 to 2,450 of 4,597 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.