Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


51 to 100 of 4,597 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Witch 5

"I also have two bags o caltrops that can be used to either to keep the bandits in if Kylia wants to use them, or to keep the bandits away from archers, or possibly both!"

"The thought of the bandits hemmed in and trapped makes me smile"

Barnabus looks at Lothar as he says "unrepentant"...

"Were they repentant they would not return over and over again!"


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14 so close I would agree with you completely Lothar, except in 1 point. My primary goal is to protect Oleg and Svetlana. I do not wish to bring any chance at harm to Oleg or his wife. That is why I suggested that I be in the shed. Once Oleg enters to get his supplies, I can exit and prevent anyone front following and wishing him harm. I do agree with your assessment that we should have those that are accustomed to ranged combat keep the bandits covered. The yard does make for a better battleground. If you still strongly suggest that I take a ranged postion, I will do so only if you are willing to place yourself in the shed and protect Oleg.

If Kylia can find suitable cover then having her guard our rear and prevent any surprises from outside the fort will be an excellent help.


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

The fort/trading post is in the middle of a clearing on a hill, so no there is no good hiding place outside. You could crouch down behind one of the wrecked ballistas and hide (perhaps).

Survival check = 15 to cover your tracks.

-- david
Papa.DRB

Kylia only - Survival 15 or Perception 12:
There are a lot of tracks coming into the fort when you first showed up. It seems that Oleg's is a popular place with the local traders.

Kylia wrote:
Is there nay tree or brush cover outside the fort that could serve as a good hiding spot? Would a survival check be used to try and cover our tracks? "


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

This humble one understands your feelings and your misgivings. Indeed this humble one shares them. However, neither my feelings nor the feelings of those here should prevent us from doing what is right. We have an obligation thanks to the charter we possess. This humble one is not opposed to their deaths. The charter even calls for it...provided the bandits are truly unrepentant. That means allowing them to demonstrate whether they are or not, provided that doing so does not put anyone else at risk. In not doing so, we place more than others at risk.
But if this how you all feel on the matter, then this humble one will not let his personal feelings on matter interfere with what we do. He will do as both suggested and asked of him.

Lothar looked to Gorgruk and let his disappointment in the decision be obvious before he turned to make his way to the shed.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5
Lothar Narda wrote:

This humble one understands your feelings and your misgivings. Indeed this humble one shares them. However, neither my feelings nor the feelings of those here should prevent us from doing what is right. We have an obligation thanks to the charter we possess. This humble one is not opposed to their deaths. The charter even calls for it...provided the bandits are truly unrepentant. That means allowing them to demonstrate whether they are or not, provided that doing so does not put anyone else at risk. In not doing so, we place more than others at risk.

But if this how you all feel on the matter, then this humble one will not let his personal feelings on matter interfere with what we do. He will do as both suggested and asked of him.

Lothar looked to Gorgruk and let his disappointment in the decision be obvious before he turned to make his way to the shed.

Please wait Lothar. Let me further explain. I too do not want to spill the blood of those that are repentent. Do not fear that I will strike them down without just cause. If they surrender, then they will have a fair chance at explaining their behaivor and how to reconcile their actions. It is the actions of those that are unrepentant that I am concerned with. They may wish to strike out at the people that they perceive caused their problems: Oleg, and Svetlana. What is there to prevent them from going after those 2 even if we have them surrounded. Not all of them will see the futility of their actions, or they may try and tempt fate, believing their prowress is greater than ours. What then would you advise me to do? I can not stand to the side when I know I can do more by being in between Oleg and the bandits. If you would like me to have my bow ready in the shed I will do that.


female Human Ranger

perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

sense motive 1d20 ⇒ 6

"It seems this road is well enough traveled, out tracks are well blended in with the regular traders. Seems the only cover around is this fort. The front ballista towers offer an excellent place to hide and spy their approach. If they all enter the fort, I could drop a rope down and get behind them. Caltrops would be handy to make sure they don't flee too quickly. " Kylia inspects the ballista and tower, looking for a good place to anchor a rope and to see if there is nayway to improve upon her hiding spot.


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

~~ Svetlana ~~

As you begin discussing ways to help, Svetlana mentions, "It is late, near dinner, and the bandits won't arrive till tomorrow morning an hour after sunrise. I have prepared a hearty stew, some warm bread and can even open a bottle of wine for dinner, if you would like to continue this conversation inside?"


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

My dear Svetlana, the offer of food is one that I can not refuse. Especially warm fresh bread. I will decline on the bottle of wine for myself. I would prefer water instead.
Before I go in, let me tend one last time to Durok and make sure he is comfortable. I have not brought any feed for Durok. What may I pay you for the use of your stable and the feed?


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

~~ Svetlana ~~

"There will be no charge for you and your fellow travelers. Helping us with the bandits in the morning is more then enough payment."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Gorguk wrote:
Lothar Narda wrote:

This humble one understands your feelings and your misgivings. Indeed this humble one shares them. However, neither my feelings nor the feelings of those here should prevent us from doing what is right. We have an obligation thanks to the charter we possess. This humble one is not opposed to their deaths. The charter even calls for it...provided the bandits are truly unrepentant. That means allowing them to demonstrate whether they are or not, provided that doing so does not put anyone else at risk. In not doing so, we place more than others at risk.

But if this how you all feel on the matter, then this humble one will not let his personal feelings on matter interfere with what we do. He will do as both suggested and asked of him.

Lothar looked to Gorgruk and let his disappointment in the decision be obvious before he turned to make his way to the shed.

Please wait Lothar. Let me further explain. I too do not want to spill the blood of those that are repentent. Do not fear that I will strike them down without just cause. If they surrender, then they will have a fair chance at explaining their behaivor and how to reconcile their actions. It is the actions of those that are unrepentant that I am concerned with. They may wish to strike out at the people that they perceive caused their problems: Oleg, and Svetlana. What is there to prevent them from going after those 2 even if we have them surrounded. Not all of them will see the futility of their actions, or they may try and tempt fate, believing their prowress is greater than ours. What then would you advise me to do? I can not stand to the side when I know I can do more by being in between Oleg and the bandits. If you would like me to have my bow ready in the shed I will do that.

Lothar looked somewhat relieved by Gorguk's words. Looking into the eyes of the taller man, the Vudrani bowed slightly with his hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointed upward, in front of the chest. Though the half-orc had seen Lothar perform almost the exact same move before (just before they had sparred together), then it had been done as sign of respect. This time however, the gesture seemed apologetic in nature. "It would seem that this most humble one still has far to go on his walk along the path to Perfection. May your fetters be unbound" Lothar then righted himself and continued on to the shed.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5
DM Papa.DRB wrote:

~~ Svetlana ~~

"There will be no charge for you and your fellow travelers. Helping us with the bandits in the morning is more then enough payment."

I thank you kindly ma'am. In that case let us eat this fine meal that you have prepared for us. Cal would you grace us with a blessing before we dine?

Lothar:
Gorguk appears relieved that they are finally on the same page. Even though the half-orc looks ferocious, he knows the value of staying his sword. May you strike true tomorrow brother against those that have come to do harm. And may Erastil guide us both in the wisdom of those who show repentance. With that Gorguk will return to the meal.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus considers one of the two graves he has dug this day, considers the idea of placing all the bandits under a single marker proclaiming 'bandits' and burying them en mass...

Barnabus goes to the stables to check on his mount and to retrieve the caltrops bags.....

"The stew sounds good and I shall be in as fast as I am able"


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

As the conversation turns to bandits and being robbed every month for the last three months, Calinder feels sorrow for what Oleg and Svetlana have gone through, and anger at the bandits for what they have done.

He is also feeling quite a bit of trepidation at having to be thrown into battle so quickly.

As the conversation turn to partaking of a meal, he moves up to Svetlana and says, "Thank you for the offer of a meal and lodging. We will indeed strive to rid you of the menace these bandits have caused."

"Although I am not perhaps as skilled in fighting as the others, I am not without my own skill, and a tough hide, even if it is artificial. But as a follower of Erastil, if there is anything I can do for you in way of healing or comfort, please don't hesitate to ask."

"Now if you will excuse me, I too will stable my horse. Then if you would be so kind as to show me where I could wash up before dinner, I would indeed be grateful."

To the rest of the party Calinder says, "I can help with the ranged attacks with my crossbow. I can also assist with some divine help from Erastil."

When Calinder has a chance at the end of the day, he will perform his daily meditation and ask for the following spells for the coming day:

1st - Bless, Magic Weapon, Shield of Faith
0 - Guidance, Resistance, Stabilize


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

~~ Svetlana ~~

"There is some water in the guesthouse, in a small cask that can be used for washing up."

Come up with a plan. Tell me where each of you will be and what you expect to do after the bandits show up in the morning. Here is a link to the encounter map When I get that information, I'll post something Saturday AM


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Gorguk would like to be in Q11. He will wait for Oleg to enter, then exit to S12, placing himself between Oleg and the bandits. He will have his shield and longsword with weapon cord out and ready.

If I don't get to post till later here is my first action. I will be busy until 1900 EST.

Round1:
Give yourselves up. There is no use fighting anymore. We have you surrounded. For those of you that don't surrender, there can only be 1 outcome: your deaths. For those that do surrender, you will be tried of your crimes. Either way, your reign of banditry has come to an end. intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Staying between Oleg and the bandits.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5
DM Papa.DRB wrote:

~~ Svetlana ~~

"There is some water in the guesthouse, in a small cask that can be used for washing up."

Thank you Svetlana. That is most generous of you. However I see only 4 beds. I will let the others have the beds while I rest in the stable keeping Durok company.

What say you friends, do you think we need to post a watch tonight? or shall we all get a solid rest?


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Gorguk wrote:

Gorguk would like to be in Q11. He will wait for Oleg to enter, then exit to S12, placing himself between Oleg and the bandits. He will have his shield and longsword with weapon cord out and ready.

If I don't get to post till later here is my first action. I will be busy until 1900 EST.
** spoiler omitted **

Lothar would like to be in V12. He will move to U13 and ready an action to cast grease (location dependent on the arrangement of the bandits in the yard).

I too will be busy today (I'll be running my campaign later, stopping before I have to put in an appearance at work tonight). I will be able to monitor what's going on via my iPod, and if I need to post through it, I will do so (though I am a little hesitant to do so, big fingers little keys and all that).


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Gorguk wrote:
DM Papa.DRB wrote:

~~ Svetlana ~~

"There is some water in the guesthouse, in a small cask that can be used for washing up."

Thank you Svetlana. That is most generous of you. However I see only 4 beds. I will let the others have the beds while I rest in the stable keeping Durok company.

What say you friends, do you think we need to post a watch tonight? or shall we all get a solid rest?

This most humble one believes that Gorguk should not be sleeping in the stable. You are not an animal. None of us are. Therefore, this humble one believes that we should maintain watch for tonight. This way we all get some rest and we all get to sleep in a bed. This is agreeable, yes?"


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"That sounds a very reasonable suggestion to me Lothar. I feel a watch through the night to be a worthwhile precaution, and agree that none of us should be sleeping in the stable when there is no need."

"I suggest that I stay out of site in the guest area, and keep watch on the area in market yard from there."

Calinder will start out inside the door to the guest quarters (K17), and will come out into the area where the tables are when the action starts (L15), with my crossbow ready to fire if needed.


Male Human Witch 5

Belsarious will begin in the stable looking out the window above the wagon...

Will begin to evil eye hex the bandits as they arrive....
for a -2 on attack rolls......


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Very well, if we are going to maintain watches, then there will be an open bed. After the stew, Gorguk will retire to bed early to make sure he gets plenty of sleep.


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

This is where I have everybody, when morning comes LINK. Speak up now if there it is different. New post Sunday afternoon


female Human Ranger

looks golod on my end. Kylia will be keeping watch and alert the others when she sees the bandits approach.


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

Pharast 1st (First Day of Spring)

At last Spring is here. The long cold winter is over with just small patches of snow to remind you of the past few months.

Oleg wakes everyone up perhaps an hour before dawn, and Svetlana has a breakfast prepared for you. Finishing quickly, you take your places with Oleg out front of the Storage Pen and Gorguk, crouching a bit to remain hidden.

As expected, about an hour after sunrise the bandits appear, and gallop in. There are four of them, and they remain on their horses as they approach Oleg.

"Hey were is that wife of yours, old man. She sure is a sight for sore eyes. I bet she is a good tumble!" laughingly says the man on the in front of Oleg.

Oleg's fists clench, but he starts towards the Pen, "I will get the goods" as he enters the pen area. With a pleading look in his eyes, Oleg moves out of the way.

Gorguk steps out from the pen, crossbow in hand, and says "Give yourselves up. There is no use fighting anymore. We have you surrounded. For those of you that don't surrender, there can only be 1 outcome: your deaths. For those that do surrender, you will be tried of your crimes. Either way, your reign of banditry has come to an end."

Map -> LINK

Initiative
22 Lothar ---- Up!
17 Happs
15 Bandits
09 Barnabus
08 Calinder
05 Kylia
02 Gorguk

DM Only:

Group Initiative Rolls (Level 1)
Barnabus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Calinder: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Gorguk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Kylia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Lothar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Happs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Bandits: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Papa:
Gorguk should have a sword and shield out instead of a crossbow.


female Human Ranger

Kylia will drop down to ground level and move to block the bandits escape as a double move. If one of them gets out of the fort before she moves, she will take a shot with her bow 1st.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar will move up so that he is still behind the stable door, but is able to see what is going on in the yard. Once he is so positioned, Lothar will produce the pat of butter that he saved from last night's meal and begin casting grease. He places the spell so it catches the lead bandit, his subordinate, and the horses they rode.

Lothar will target the lower right corner of square R14 so that grease will fill squares R14, R15, S14, and S15. Assuming this was done on the surprise round, Lothar will then use his second casting of grease to target the lower right corner of Q14 so that this casting fills squares Q14, Q15, R14, and R15. If not a surprise round, then Lothar will have to wait until round 2 to do second casting.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Good comment Lothar. Is this the surprise round (1 action) or a regular round (full actions)?

What are the bandits wearing, and do they have weapons in their hands?


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

Not a suprise round. All leather armor, longbow. Happs - dagger, Bandits - shorsword

Rolls, y'all can look:

Happs Horse Reflex Save DC13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 FAIL
Bandit Horse Reflex Save DC13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 PASS
Happs Reflex Save DC13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 PASS
Bandit attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 MISS
Bandit damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4 NA
Bandit attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 MISS
Bandit damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3 NA
Bandit attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 MISS
Bandit damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7 NA

Lothar casts Grease and Happs horse falls to the ground, but Happs manages to leap free and land outside the grease area(P14). All three bandits target Gorguk with an arrow, but hit the Pen instead.

"Big words from an ugly orc" yells Happs. "We are not the ones who will die but you will. Then we will kill Oleg and use Svetlana till she dies!"

Initiative
22 Lothar
17 Happs
15 Bandits
09 Barnabus --- Up!
08 Calinder
05 Kylia
02 Gorguk


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus casts sleep this round and will target as many bandits as possible....

spell failure
1d100 ⇒ 82.....

Ok passed the armor penalty!


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

If the first round is a surprise round, then Calinder will just open the guest room door in preparation to stepping out to the table as indicated before. Else, he will open the door and step out in the same round.

As Calinder hears the riders come into the trading post, and then Gorguk ask them to surrender, Calinder gets ready to spring into action, his hand on the latch handle, prepared to fling the door open.


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

Rolls, y'all can look:

Back row bandits saves DC13:
Bandit 1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12 FAIL
Bandit 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 PASS
Bandit 1 horse: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14 PASS (actually it is +1 for a 16)

Barnabus targets the two bandits nearest the gate, hoping to put them down so the gate would be blocked. The north most Bandit, slumps forward on his horse, sound asleep. The other Bandit and the horses are not affected.

Per her post above

Kylia runs down the rampart and drops off behind the mule, hoping to be able to block anyone from leaving, or at least get a parting shot if someone does.

Gorguk, Lothar, then me!


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

5 foot step to Q13. Free action to smite evil on Happs. Attack Happs with smite and power attack. If Happs is evil, AC against Happs is +3 for total of 21 and...

to hit:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 damage:1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12; if Happs is not evil then only 11 damage providing a 20 still hits.

With a mighty thrust, Gorguk penetrates past Happs' defense to land a blow on the bandit leader. I told you to surrender before you all died. The rest of you bandits still have a chance. This one pointing at Happs has forgone that chance by declaring his intent on Svetlana.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar surveyed his handiwork, a little less than pleased with the result. The one that managed to dive clear from his horse seemed to be the one in charge. If we could neutralize him and do so quickly, thought Lothar to himself, then the other bandits should be easy to bring in line.

He watched as Gorguk, who apparently had the same thought, pounce upon the fallen bandit. When the half-orc spoke, asking for their surrender, Lothar smiled, his approval obvious. He stepped out further from the stable, casting another spell, a minor magic that he sent to soil the air in front the horse that still held its rider within the area of his previous spell effect, giving it the stench of blood and dead flesh. Here's hoping this will work.
casting prestidigitation to do as written, soiling a 1-foot cube of air in front of the mount to spook the horse enough to cause it to move, which should warrant another save for moving within the grease spell.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Sorry everyone, my computer is acting up on me and I need to bring it in to get worked on. I won't have internet for the rest of the day. To keep things going so you arent waiting for me, here is Gorguk's next couple of actions. Ad Lib Papa as you see fit.

Gorguk will continue to attack Happs with power attack till Happs is down. He will then attempt to stabalize Happs so he can be questioned and sentenced. The rest of the bandits, unless they continue on after Happs is out of the combat, Gorguk is willing to listen and have them surrender. Will post again when i have internet access.


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

Rolls, y'all can look:

Bandit Horse Reflex Save DC13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

With Gorguk's attack, Happs goes down in a crumpled heap, and continues to bleed out from a devastating wound to the evil, vulgar man. The Bandit's horse next to Happs spooks at the foul air in front of it, but the rider spends the round and manages to calm his mount. The Bandit in the back row (Q19) seeing that Happs has fallen turns to flee

Barnabus - Up, then Calinder, Kylia, Gorguk, Lothar then me
Map Link

Dang, I forgot how nasty a smite can be till tonight. My home game met tonight, and the Paladin 12, in three hits did 80 points of damage to an evil critter(3*+17 smite damage for just the smite!!!!)


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus takes aim with his heavy crossbow!

Carefully aiming for the sleeping bandit....

Attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Damage
1d10 ⇒ 8

and will then re-load!

[ooc] either the rude awakening or the permanent sleep [ooc]


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder moves 30' to Q16 and then fires his light crossbow at the fleeing bandit.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 3, and the bolt fails to come close to it's target.

Calinder mutters to himself something to the effect of, "Need more practice with this crossbow."


female Human Ranger

Kylia steps out of the gate and draws back her bow, offers a prayer to erastil, and lets her arrow fly. "Old Deadeye, guide my shot"

move to P23 taking a shot at the fleeing bandit. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

computer's fixed and I'm back

Attempt a heal check on Happs to stabalize him: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10 Cal, I need your help keeping this one alive.

5 ft south to R13 threatening the last bandit, Do you surrender yet?


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar approached the remaining bandit, hands out to the side. This most humble one is sure he will. He just needs the proper incentive. Lothar then waved his hands before him in an attempt to attract the bandit's attention. Perhaps this nice shiny coin will do just the thing. Lothar will perform Sleight of Hand to produce his gold coin and draw his full attention to himself by using prestidigitation to change the appearance of the coin from gold to platinum before his eyes. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 It would seem that this humble one is unable to hold on to this coin. This humble one must not be meant to keep it for himself. It is yours, if you can get it.


Male Husband/1(epic years), Father/2, Grandfather/2

Both Barnabus and Kylia hit the bandit that they are shooting at, and both bandits drop to the ground, dead.

Happs continues to bleed out, despite the ministrations of Gorguk. The other bandit, drops his bow and holds his hands in the air, "I surrender, please don't kill me."

Out of round mode. Actions?


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

With a precise motion and then pointing at the crumpled form of Happs on the ground while speaking a few words, Calinder cast a spell, apparently on the unconscious man named Happs.

Calinder casts Stabilize on Happs to see that he doesn't bleed to death.

"Gorguk that should keep him from dying before we can heal him. First though, I would like to make sure that everyone in the party is okay, and tend to their injuries first."

After scanning each party member for injuries, and apparently seeing that everyone is okay, breathes a sigh of relief. He then moves over to Happs, and releasing one of the prepared spells from his mind, he calls upon Erastil to aid him in healing the man from his injuries.

If I missed any damage to anyone in the party, let me know please.

Calinder releases the readied spell Shield of Faith and casts Cure Light Wounds on Happs. Happs has 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 hp restored to him.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

While Cal is looking everyone over for wounds, Gorguk will bind and gag Happs, hoping that Lothar's presence is enough to keep the last bandit from doing anything foolish. Once we are all together then Gorguk will suggest we interogate Happs and determine whether the last bandit is repentant and what their fates should be.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus produces a pair of shackles with a simple lock and offers those to bind one of the bandits.....

"Shall we have a trial for these?"
Barnabus asked coldly

Barnabus strips the dead bandits of gear leaving it in a pile, then drags them each by their heels to the waiting holes....

"I have room for two more!"

Barnabus then Cackles as only a witch can!


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar picked up the bow that had been dropped by the surrendering bandit and sought to retrieve the short sword that he carried as well. Once those weapons were secured, the Vudrani took the shackles that were offered by Barnabus and slapped them on the bandit he'd just disarmed. Lothar then forced the bandit to his knees before him.

If this most humble one recalls, there is no need for a trial as it is not something that is within the purview of our charter. Lothar held his peace for a moment, looking to gauge the reaction of the kneeling bandit before continuing: 'The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope.' This humble one believes that there can be no trial for the obdurate bandit.
This humble one lives by a code. "Swift Death to Evil." Since there can be no trial, in absence of a demonstration of true repentance, this humble one must, and will, follow his code. His demeanor grim, Lothar drew the short sword that he had taken from the bandit and placed it to the former owner's throat. He waits long enough to see if the bandit will beg for mercy and possibly spill his guts about the remaining bandits. If he doesn't, then Lothar will not hesitate to slice the bandit's throat to kill him.


male Half-orc Paladin 2 HP: 18/18 AC: 19/10/19 saves: F7+, R3, W5

Yes Barnabus, I do believe a trial is in order for this one. Looking at the surrendered bandit, What is your name? Please, tell us why you resorted to banditry and why should we believe that you will not continue in your recent endeavors? Sense motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 After listening to his testimony, Well, comrades, what do you think we should do about this man? Is his redeemable? What punishment should befall him, to what work should he do to repay his crimes?

As far as this one, pointing at Happs, tell us what you know about the other bandits in the area. I know from speaking with Oleg and Svetlana that there is another female bandit in the area who outranks you. Who is she and where is she located? Does she report to anyone higher up? What do you do with the goods you take from Oleg? When does she expect you back? How many bandits are with her? If you are forthright in answering I will make sure your end is quick. If not, even though I do not approve of torture, I will leave you here bound with Oleg so that he may exact his punishment upon you. I will return to see how you have fared under his 'care'. Intimidation on Happs 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25; sense motive on info he tells 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 wow both ends of the spectrum. I hope he tells the truth. Any other questions anyone else has please add them as well.

Gorguk truly does not wish for torture but knows that the information may save time and therefore lives later. If this threat works, then there will be no need for the perceived torture. Once the interogation is done, Gorguk will ask Oleg for his preference in capital punishment, the rope or the sword, knowig that Oleg at one time wanted to see the bandit hanging from the walls of the fort. If the other bandit likewise is found unrepentant, the same fate awaits him. If both are found guilty, Gorguk will make a sign to hang on both of them reading 'The reign of banditry is over. Cease now or suffer the same fate.'


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

The look on Lothar's face did not change as he spoke: This humble one disagrees with you. If he may be allowed to explain... To place them on trial would indicate that there is a chance that they may be innocent. We know this to not be true as we have caught them in the act of banditry. Therefore, this most humble one submits that a trial in this instance would be a waste of time. There can be no doubt that they are guilty of the crime of banditry based on the evidence we already possess. Therefore, the only logical outcome, in absence of true repentance, is to kill them and to do so swiftly, so that the deed cannot be seen as tortuous. It is the civilized thing to do, after all.


Male Husband/1(epic years), Father/2, Grandfather/2

"Walter is my name sir" the bandit replies to Gorguk. "My family and I were starving. There is no work in Restov, so I only did what I had to do so my wife and three daughters could survive. I always send my share back to them."

Happs, brought back to consciousness, by Calinder's spell, looks at Gorguk. "You will die by the Stag Lord's hand, half breed. All your kind will die when we take over the Greenbelt." He then spits at Gorguk.

Walter, yells, "I'll tell you what you want to know. All I ask is for my life to be spared, so I can take care of my family."

Happs, "You will die too scum."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar listened intently to both Happs and the bandit calling himself Walter. When they were done, his features softened as he removed the sword that had been held to Walter's throat. Though his actions were not the best, his intentions are. In light of his willingness to cooperate, this most humble one believes that Walter has demonstrated true repentance and therefore should be given the opportunity to live.
Lothar turned to glower at Happs. This one, on the other hand, displays no desire to repent. He lives to serve only this 'so-called Stag Lord' and while that would be otherwise be commendable, this most humble one can only conclude that should he be allowed to live, this one will go back to being a bandit for this Stag Lord. As Oleg is the wronged party, he should be allowed to determine this one's fate.

51 to 100 of 4,597 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.