Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Megan Robertson

A game of Paizo's Kingmaker AP, with some of the best players it has been my pleasure to DM!
Campaign Map


1 to 50 of 4,477 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

On the 22nd of Calistril, you meet with the Lord Mayor of Restov. After two days of interviews, five adventurers were chosen and have boldly taken up one of the four charters granted by the Swordlords of Restov; to explore and map the area of the Stolen Lands known as the Greenbelt, and to rid the area of bandit activity.

A dangerous land of ancient magic, lost colonies, wilderness and mystical Fey, these land's have always been referred to as 'Stolen' by the people of Brevoy. Now, the Swordlords of Restov seek to secure their southern borders in preparation for a potential war with their northern neighbor Issia. For the Rogarvian line has disappeared, and not all of Brevoy recognizes the right of the Surtova's to rule in their stead. In a brilliant tactical and political move, the Swordlords have granted the rights to explore and potentially claim these lands to trusted and capable individuals, who will surely prove strong allies in the coming conflict, and at the very least deter bandit activity.

In truth, these land's have never truly been claimed by civilization. The last attempt to colonize these lands was made by Taldor, and the expedition failed drastically; the harsh wilderness and feral animals driving out the colonists; who whisper that other, darker powers kept the Stolen Land's from them.

The group of strangers, bonded together by their mission and their charter, are currently heading east-by-southeast along the last major road this far south in Rostland. As they travel, talking amongst themselves and admiring the contrast between the civilized lands and the Stolen Lands they can see in the distance, they think back to their meeting with the Lord Mayor of Restov, and his final words over a fine dinner to the group.

As agents of the Swordlord's of Restov, you are to head directly along the south road towards a small trading post, run by a man known as Oleg. This will provide you with a somewhat safe haven to begin your explorations.

The Lord Mayor had looked at you all as you left his mansion, and just as he made his farewell, he had said,

It is your honor and your privilege to serve Rostland, and indeed Brevoy, in this stead. But make no mistake. These Stolen Lands are a grim and dangerous place. Some of you may lose your lives there. Some of you may lose yourselves. Blessings of Erastil upon ye.

Your about a days march away from Oleg's currently, and should arrive by end of day on the 30th of Calistril. All but one of you are mounted.

This is your chance to introduce your character and RP the interaction between you all as your traveling. You first met each other at the Lord Mayor's dinner the previous evening, and set out this morning to get to Oleg's. You estimate that you will arrive at Oleg's sometime tomorrow.


Male Human Witch 5

"So we have been selected for good or ill!"

"Tonight we dine for tomorrow we travel to the greenbelt"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Gorguk looks uncomfortable around such an extravagant setting. He sits too stiffly in his chair and hardly relaxes the entire evening. You notice that he never partakes of any of the alcohol and eats the rich food sparingly. You can tell that he would much prefer the quiet simpler life that he was accustomed to: the church at which he trained.

Standing up gorguk addresses everyone with a few quick words. To each and everyone of you that I shall be traveling with. I, Gorguk Tsadok, Initiate of Erastil, stand before you tonight and humbly offer my protection and my companionship. I pray that Erastil guide us all on the paths we are about to tread.

As he is leaving: Thank you Lord Mayor for your gracious hospitality. I only hope that I can live up to the expectations that you have so bestowed upon me. It is with great honor that I will accept this expedition, nay quest, to explore the Greenbelt. I hope the tragic tales of the Greenbelt have been exaggerated by time. If not, I shall attempt to protect these companions with all that I have. Erastil willing, we shall find help unlooked for when needed. Thank ye for the blessing Lord Mayor.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar focuses his gaze intently upon the half-orc. Though he was fearsome in appearance like others of his kind, there seemed to be a sense of benevolence to him that was atypical for what he was. He called himself an initiate of Erastil, yet it was obvious that this was no mere priest.
The Vudrani turned his attention next to the dark haired man that had spoken initially. Whereas Lothar could immediately feel that Gorguk was truly a good man, this one was harder to read. He would bear watching.
With that in mind, he rose from his seat and spoke: "I am Lothar Mahasi Narda and I am very pleased to make your acquaintances. It is my hope we can work well together to accomplish that which needs to be done for the good of the Lord Mayor and his people."
Upon sitting back down, Lothar went back to eating his meal. Though it was far more expensive than anything he was used to, Lothar knew that trail rations would be his primary form of sustenance in the days to come. He would enjoy this repast, though like the half-orc, Lothar would also avoid any alcoholic beverages. He wanted his mind clear come morning.

Over the course of the journey, Lothar stayed close to the dark haired man, making it easier to keep watch on him, so intent was he on piercing the mystique that surrounded his fellow adventuring companion.

Lothar is genuinely intrigued by Barnabus, but he won't ask him anything just yet.


female Human Ranger

As the men who would be her new companions spoke, Kylia could hear her fathers voice Watch and learn my daughter, see how they move, and the eyes, the eyes tell all. He had taught her well, I'm ready she tells herself. Takign a deep breath she addresses the group. "I doubt we will eat this well for many nights."

As gorguk speaks, her hands instinctively cluth the handmade holy symbol beneat her her tunic. "I just hope old deadeye will be keeping watch over us. Our destination is a wild land. We will need all the help we can get."

Mounting hector, her fine black stead, Kylia moves to the front of the group. [b]"We wont reach Oleg's till tomorrow, meaning we'll be camping under the stars tonight. The more ground we cover today


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder, still amazed at being chosen for this quest, sits quietly through most of the meal, looking more at his plate then those at the table. During the dinner he comments on some of the delicious dishes that are served to the new group of adventurers.

While eating, he is thinking to himself, "Why, when I wanted this opportunity, do I keep thinking that I would rather be back at Erastil's temple in a deep discussion of philosophy or history the the other priests that trained me."

After Gorguk speaks of being a follower of Erastil, Calinder says, "I grew up in one of Erastil's temples after my mother died, and when I was old enough was trained by the priests to be a devotee and cleric to Erastil.

In my studies I was particularly interested in history and growing thing, and did much work in the temple gardens. I also studied the history of the Greenbelt, as much as is know anyway. There are suppose to be shrines and temples built to Erastil there. My hope is that while we adventure that we can find them and bring them back to their former glory for the use of the people that will come to the area after we settle it."

Then realizing that this is the most that he's said to a stranger at once, looks down while a touch of red colors his cheeks, which is not hard considering how pale his skin is.

As they are leaving after the dinner, he says to the Lord Mayor, "Thank you for this fine meal, and I hope to serve you and the Swordlords in a pleasing manner, and to bring honor to Erastil as well."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

To Cal: That is twice good news to my ears friend Cal. First, not only will another member of Erastil's following be with us; but you being a priest, I have someone with me to whom I may turn to in aid when divining Erastil's will. Secondly, you speak of temples and shrines dedicated to Erastil that have already been built. I am sure that these holy places will be a comfort and shelter to us as we travel. Do you know from your learnings where any of these temples may be located, for I very much wish to find one myself? It is all too obvious that Gorguk looks to Cal for guidance already.

To Kylia: I do not wish to be too presumptious in thinking that his divine hand will shelter us at all times. We are but mortals and an insignificant speck, but I am sure that Deadeye will at least be watching over us periodically. It is up to us to prove our devotion to him in the hope that he will aid us when we need it.


Male Human Witch 5

"I too am gladdened by the thought of company for this journey, much better the company of friends than the claws of vermin."

"I believe that my own path while not in keeping with all the tenets of Erastil....

"...is considered a friend, with shared and proper respect for nature."

Barnabus will keep to himself specifics ...


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Does anyone know of this Oleg fellow? What kind of man is he? Is he a god fearing man?

On the journey to Oleg's Gorguk is much more comfortable in the saddle making small talk with Kylia and Cal. He doesn't say much to Lothar or Barnabus not having much in common with them, but he does listen intently whenever they do speak.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Gorguk wrote:

Does anyone know of this Oleg fellow? What kind of man is he? Is he a god fearing man?

On the journey to Oleg's Gorguk is much more comfortable in the saddle making small talk with Kylia and Cal. He doesn't say much to Lothar or Barnabus not having much in common with them, but he does listen intently whenever they do speak.

If Lothar can answer Gorguk's question concerning Oleg, he will do so using Knowledge [local].

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


female Human Ranger

" When i was younger, my father made trips to Oleg's to trade. When we moved, he found closer places to trade and as far as i know, hasn't been back there in over 10 years."

Memories of her childhood and times spent learning woodcraft from her father flood her mind, and she grows silent and thoughtful.


Male Human Witch 5

"I know not of this Oleg specifically, but seems tah be makin a livin where few have want tah live!"

"He lives on the edge o tha very place we are goin intah!"

"Does anyone ave a tale that might be pleasing tah mine ears?"


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3
Barnabus wrote:

"Does anyone ave a tale that might be pleasing tah mine ears?"

I be neither a teller of tales nor a singer of songs, but if it is entertainment you seek, then perhaps I might be of assistance in that regard.

Lothar then precedes to do just that, using a combination of sleight-of-hand and minor magic to perform small feats of legerdemain with a gold piece, thrilling to idea that he can be of some small service in easing his companion's boredom.

If I need to perform a Sleight of Hand check then I will do so

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human Witch 5

"Tis a comedy routine, now we mus stop fer yah tah pick up yer coins"

Assuming that low roll resulted in something bad

"Take heed watch fer gophers they be wantin yer gold!"


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

Lothar:

Oleg and his wife Svetlana have been in the trading post for about six months, after given a charter by Restov to open it back up

Lothar Narda wrote:

If Lothar can answer Gorguk's question concerning Oleg, he will do so using Knowledge [local].

1d20+6


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

Lothar tries to hide the coin, but drops it on the ground, and it clinks off a large rock!

Lothar Narda wrote:

If I need to perform a Sleight of Hand check then I will do so

1d20+5


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

After watching the 'performance' Gorguk dismounts and gets the coin for Lothar. You might want to practice a bit with a copper. Its a little less expensive if you lose it.

He can't help but think to himself, We have both a fool and a jester with us and I don't know which one is which. Erastil help me its only been 1 day and I feel overwhelmed in my job of protecting these 2. Maybe Erastil is teaching me patience in that I may gain wisdom later from them. With that Gorguk mounts Durok and falls silent. Watching and studying the 2 in front of him, Gorguk looks for the pearl of wisdom that each must have.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

"Friend Gorguk, I also am glad to have a fellow devotee of Erastil in the group. I am finding it to be a comfort to me, as this is the first time that I have left the temple where I was raised for any great length of time and find it a bit uncomfortable."

"As for the location of the temples and shrines in the Greenbelt, no one knows to my knowledge. I just know from my studies that they once were there, and have hopes of restoring them their former glory."

The corner of Calinder's mouth turns up a bit as Lothar attempts to entertain them, but doesn't quite pull it off, that in it's own way a bit entertaining. "Keep trying Lothar, practice makes perfect", Calinder says to the bard, offering a smile at the same time to show there was no offense in the statement.

"Gorguk, I'm also thankful for our other companions, as I have a feeling that we could really become friends and work well together. That is my hope at any rate."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar walked up and accepted the coin from Gorguk's hand with a slight bow, his eyes never leaving the half-orc.
"My thanks to you. And in answer to your question about Oleg, he and his wife have been at the trading post for about six months now, having been given a charter by Restov to open it back up."
He gripped the coin, accepting the good-natured ribbing brought on by his "act" with an impassive expression. Lothar then turned his attention (but not his gaze) to Barnabus.
"The gophers. Right. I never knew that such creatures could have such an avaricious spirit. I'll keep that in mind the next time I do something like this." There was a slight wink and with that, the Vudrani moved to take his place next to the one he had just spoken to. "It would seem that I have been lapse in maintaining my skills. As I have been reminded, practice does indeed make perfect. Shall we be off?"
He began walking, running through the act aloud in an attempt to discover where exactly he went wrong with his "Taldane Drop".

He'll keep at it until either camp for the night or until something else occurs divert his attention.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Master Narda, I meant no disrespect. My sense of humor is, put quite fankly, lacking for the most part. I have had few occasions to laugh and even fewer reasons while I was growing up. If I seem dour, please do not take it personally. I can see by yours and Barnabus' interactions that laughter is a delight to you both. Maybe as we continue along I shall find more merriment in your presence. As far as 'the gophers', I am truly perplexed as why they would want your gold?

Thank you for your knowledge on Master Oleg. He sounds like a very capable man to exist out in the wilderness as he does with just his wife.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar shrugged away the thanks tendered by the half-orc.
My information was freely given. And yes, he does seem a capable sort. Though I wonder if such a man will be so quick to welcome us.
At any questioning looks that may be evident from his words, the Vudrani explained what he meant: As has already been put forth, this Oleg lives in a place that is far removed from others. Why he chose to do this, I can't say. However, had I done that, the last thing I would want is for someone else to show up and ruin whatever peace of mind I had attained through my solitude. Whether they bring business with them or not. It's just something to consider before we get there. After all, somethings cannot be purchased with gold.
He put away his gold coin and, after grabbing the leads for his mules, continued on with the others.

Since that was a rather profound statement for Lothar given the state of his wisdom, he'll remain quiet until we make camp for that night. That had to hurt his brain!


female Human Ranger

Kylia shakes her head at the antics of the "boys". I just hope they are more useful in battle


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

When Lothar falls quiet and the conversation falters a bit. Calinder begins contemplating the history of the area and what he knows, trying to think of anything that may be of help. But there are so many variables and unknowns at this point, that it is hard to say what information will be helpful to them.


Male Human Witch 5

"Perhaps a discussion o strengths might help us in knowin how to help inna tussle."

"Fer example my crossbow is good fer distance, and my spear helps keep enemies off me. I prefer not to get into hand to hand with opponents."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

With Erastil's chosen weapon, I am a decent shot. However, I prefer to face an enemy straight up. All the better to judge their character if you can look them in the eyes. Also, I would rather not let an enemy get too close to those I am trying to protect. Have no fear Barnabus, Erastil willing, I will do my best to keep you out of combat and in as safe a position as I can. If there is anything you or anyone else can do to limit the number of enemies attacking at once that would be a major help. For I do not fear a single opponent no matter how skilled or strong they be, it is the opponent that you don't see coming that I worry about.


female Human Ranger

"Then let us be the hunters, and not the prey. You speak of strength, but it is not always the strongest hunter that wins the day. Beasts and bandits know little of honorable combat."

ironic considering how strong she is.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar gave no input as to what his combat capabilities are. He carried no obvious weapons himself like a sword or bow. Though he was somewhat capable in their use, Lothar felt that openly calling attention to one's self in that way often brought more trouble than was worth dealing with. It also served to limit responses to certain points. By not having those limitations, the Vudrani knew he was open to a greater range of responses in any given situation. The words of one of his many instructors came to Lothar unbidden, and he tried to focus on that memory. No matter how effective your team may be in combat, a group that reacts the same way to every situation has a flaw that can and will lead to the team's demise.
He caught faint glimpses of monks pairing off initiates to spar with one another, himself looking up at his training partner who had put him on the ground, the slight taste of blood in the corner of his mouth...
Lothar shook himself out of that thought process. There would be time enough for him to delve into his past memories.
Now was not that time.


Male Human Witch 5

Barnabus pulls out a single crossbow bolt

"Long have I lived in the swamps with little or nothing but with magic a little goes a long way"

"A single bolt found, even one broken has great value."

Barnabus snaps the bolt in twain

Casts mending......and puts the two peices back together

"Thus even an arrow broken off in a foe may be recovered and used to take another foe, I believe Erastil would approve!"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Lothar, you seem too quiet on this subject and you have no noticable armaments. Are you perchance a pacifist and abhor combat? If so, please speak up. If a battle does come upon us I would like to know what to expect from you. If you are not a pacifist, then I am truly intrigued as to your prowess. Perhaps a demonstration of your abilities if you would be so kind? If Lothar says yes to a demonstration, then Gorguk will ask him to spar later at the camp site. If Lothar does not agree then he will approach Kylia in an attempt to spar as well. Gorguk is not looking to pick a fight, he is looking for a training partner to maintain and enhance his martial skills.

Wise words again Kylia. How would you see us becoming the hunters then? I do not know this land and feel that I shall be the prey. It has ever been so with me.


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Thankful for the distraction from his inner turmoil, Lothar looked over to Gorguk with a smile. He then preceded to roll up the sleeves of his shirt, revealing to all the tattoos located on his forearms. These markings are proof of my training in the science of musti yuddha, an unarmed discipline that has been referred to as "The Science of Eight Limbs", as the hands, shins, elbows, and knees are all used extensively in battle. I was taught in the Houses of Perfection on the Isle of Jalmeray. Be assured that this humble one is no pacifist. I accept that the world in which we live is a violent one and that all too often, aggression must be confronted with aggression. Have no worries where I'm concerned should battle befall us. Instead, save it for those that would be foolish enough to assault this humble one or his companions. The last was said with an uncharacteristic grimness, a lingering echo of his previous thought process. But as quickly as it came, the moment passed. Lothar smiled once again as he continued speaking to Gorguk. If you are sincere in your request for a demonstration, then this most humble one would be willing to accommodate you later. There is no malice to his tone; he seemed genuinely grateful to be given the opportunity to prove his worth to the half-orc and the others he was now travelling with.


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Excellent, then I propose that as long as we both are capable, we train every night to each further our own skills


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

Calistril 29

You spend the night camping along side the road from Restov that heads south by southeast into the Stolen Lands of the River Kingdoms. Farmland has given way to open grassland and small stands of trees.

Calistril 30

Finally the last day of winter arrives. There is still patches of snow, but it has been melting steadily. Late in the afternoon you approach a small fortress, with its gates open. As you approach the fort, you hear two voices, one male and one female.

Actions?


Male Human Witch 5

"Hail the Keep, we be weary travelers come to the greenbelt!"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

perception check to hear the conversation 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
apparently nothing

Good afternoon Master Oleg. My name is Gorguk Tsadok, initiate of Erastil, and we have traveled from Restov to see how you and yours have fared these past 6 months. We also bring news of grave importance to those that live in the region known as the Greenbelt. May we stop and rest ourselves here this evening? and our mounts as well? Diplomacy if needed 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18. Assuming Oleg indicates yes, Gorguk will dismount and tend to Durok.

Once Durok is stabled, I must say Master Oleg that I am impressed to find such an establishment out here in the wilderness. It takes a hard working man and a faithful wife to manage as you have done.


Male Half-elf Cleric 5

Calinder is more than happy to let Gorguk speak in behalf of the party. As he is unsure of himself in the art of diplomacy.

At the first opportunity that Calinder has, he will say, "Good afternoon" to Master Oleg, with a nod and a smile to go along with it.


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

~~ Oleg ~~

A gruff looking man looks down from the roof of the building immediately to the right of the gate as you enter the keep. He is sweaty, even in the cool air, and holds a hammer in one hand and a roof tile in the other. Speaking to the woman in the courtyard, "Svetlana, we have guests, but first hand me another tile for the roof. I have got to get this leak fixed." He then goes back to pounding nails in the tile.

~~ Svetlana ~~

A pretty young woman walked around from the front of the building, throws a tile up to the man, curtsy's to you and looks over the group. "Greetings Master Gorguk and travelers, I am Svetlana, and that is my husband Oleg. Are you here to defend us from the bandits as the Lord Mayor wrote?.

Oleg is repairing the roof to the guest house (see the link). You all have just entered the gate


Male Human Witch 5

"Aye! among other things, but defense of this the only bastion of hope in a land of struggles must be a priority."

Barnabus moves to inspect the walls, gates and structure of fortifications looking for holes and things that are in disrepair.

Barnabus makes a knowledge history check to think of stories about small forts and capable defenses/defenders

Spoiler:

Does he remember the alamo?

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


female Human Ranger

As the enter the fort, Kylia dismounts and leads her horse. At mention of the bandits she speaks up. "Have they been troubling you much lately? Any infomation you could give us on these bandits would prove helpful."


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Do not let your troubled heart worry anymore milady. For as long as Erastil gives me strength I will seek out and rid the area of the bandits that have been a plague to you. Gorguk at your service. With that Gorguk gives a low bow.

May I be of any assistance to you Master Oleg? I do not know much if anything about repairing a roof, but I can haul materials for you and aid in any way I can. For once we are finished with the roof, we can discuss how do deal with the bandits. I would appreciate your unique insight.


Male Human Witch 5

With the amount of disrepair of the defenses Barnabus wonders about focusing on a leak in the roof! what is rain compaired to knives of dangerous men....


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar entered the gate and, upon spying the stables, turned off from the others to put up his mules. When he was done, Lothar approached Svetlana, thanked her, and offered her payment for his use of the stables (He gives her the gold coin used in his act).

He then looked around, trying to get the lay of the place. He noted the towers, the wooden walls, and the general placement of the buildings. It seems defensible enough a place, Lothar thought to himself. But the size is too much for just two people to protect on their own. He then spoke aloud, to no one in particular: This humble one wishes to know if there is just the two of you here or are there others that aid you in the defense of this place? With the threat of bandits mentioned in the charter, it just seems a good question to ask.


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

Barnabus:
Even a quick look around tells you that this fort could not keep anyone out and the catapults look wrecked

~~ Oleg ~~

The sweaty man came down from the roof as Svetlana was talking to you, and upon hearing the questions, throws up his hand and curses, Bah, you don't know. Didn't the Lord Mayor tell you anything! By Lamashtu's madness! Adventurers! and he storms off to fix the roof once more.

~~ Svetlana ~~

Oleg, no. They do not know and she tears up. Turning to you, Please forgive him. It has been hard for us. The bandit's first visit was three months ago, with about a dozen of them, and a cruel woman leading them. They took all our trade goods and furs from the trappers. That cruel woman threatened to cut off Oleg's hand, but she took my wedding ring instead as payment for letting him keep his hand. At that statement she is almost crying. They have come back twice more, on the first of each month and take all our goods. The second time it was the woman did not come but her vulgar lieutenant did with six men, and the third time him and only four men. They should be here around noon tomorrow. She turns to Gorguk and grabs his hand and pleads, Please Master Gorguk, help us tomorrow


Male Human Witch 5

"Aye have looked around an this fort is not defendable as a fort, I shall help you in the morning assuming I camp here for the night, I am not fond of bandits attacking my camp!"

Barnabus goes to the packs and removing a shovel he inquires of the lady...

"Where shall I dig the bandits graves?"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

It would be an honor to help honest people such as yourselves. I will protect this fort as if it was my own home. I promise you we will rid the Greenbelt of these bandits.
What, pray tell, does your symbol of union look like? For I shall hunt the bandits down until I find the bandit that has possession of your ring and return it to you.

To Oleg, Please good sir, I do not mean to make offense. We have been told some, but the Lord Mayor is a ways away and facts get lost along the road. I can only begin to imagine your recent hardship. What may we do to ease your burden besides ridding the land of the bandits?

Turning to his companions, Well lady and gentlemen, what say you? The bandits are due tomorrow at noon. What preparations should we make in the meantime to make sure our 'guests' are welcomed? Barnabus, what can be done in the short amount of time to strengthen the fort?


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

Barnabus:
The fort can not be improved at all by tomorrow. In fact it would take quite some time. Even the gate doesn't lock.

~~ Svetlana ~~

"My ring is a simple silver band, with a with our names engraved on the inside."

~~ Oleg ~~

He starts to puff up, and then receives a withering look from his wife and he very obviously calms down, and comes down the ladder"I would like to hang them from the front wall, but perhaps burying them out back behind the back wall would be best."

Has everyone seen the picture / layout of the fort in the link above? Work out your plans. If it involves Oleg (he will volunteer to be bait) let me know. He won't let Svetlana be in harms way.


Male Human Witch 5

"Not much can be done to fix the fort, maybe we could put a barricade where the gate is...better course might be to make sure there is no sign that we have come, perhaps Oleg could go out and cover our tracks...maybe dragging a log in to make some kind o gate."

"Surprising scum that would take from two alone means them not knowing there is more than two."

"Looks like stowin the mounts is an option"

"If Oleg has a nother crossbow an maybe Svetlana could re-load, I intend to strike them down with bolts from the sky!"


male Half-orc Squire 2nd class~Paladin of Erastil Shining Knight (level 5)

Well, sir Oleg, mayhap you shall get your wish. A show of force now with them hanging out front might be enough to deter anyone from attempting to steal from you again.

Where do you normally have your goods stored that the bandits take? Is it in the shed here? If so I would propose that when the bandits show up, you enter the shed as normal. Once you are past the door and out of harms way, then we will show ourselves. I would be willing to be in the shed to prevent anyone from coming in after you. Barnabus, sounds like you want to snipe from the walls. And that is an excellent idea to stow our mounts. What options sound good to you Kylia, Cal, and Lothar?


female Human Ranger

hearing Svetlana's tale of her stolen wedding ring, Kylia approaches her. "By my bow or sword, they will pay for what they have done, and we will find your ring."

Kylia listens as the other talk of their plans, running the scene through her mind several times.

"You once asked how i propose we become the hunter and not the prey. let us leave no sign of our arrival, I will try to cover our tracks, keep the horses out of sight, and have Oleg and Svetlana act like nothing has changed. The bandits are not expecting resistance, and their overconfidence will cost them dearly. I would also lay in hiding outside the fort, to attack from behind when the time comes. "

kylia calls to oleg, Good sir, a question about these bandits. Do they come on horseback and do they bring a cart with them for the goods they take? "

Is there nay tree or brush cover outside the fort that could serve as a good hiding spot? Would a survival check be used to try and cover our tracks? "


Narrator [Moru-Tactical] [Jade-Tactical] [WotR-Tactical]

~~ Oleg ~~

Oleg seems to relax a bit as he hears Barnabus and Gorguk discuss ways of handling the bandits, but the moment Kylia mentions Svetlana, his temper starts to flare again. "No, I will not put Svetlana in harms way. She will barricade herself in our house!" That said, he calms down some "Pardon my outburst, dear lady. We have lost enough, and I would not want to live if anything happened to my Svetlana."

Sense Motive 15:
For all his bluster and gruffness, Oleg seems truly afraid of harm coming to his wife.

Still addressing Kylia, "The bandits come on horseback, with a pack mule. Last time there was that vulgar man, Happs I think they called him, and four others. They no longer fear any resistance from us, so perhaps there will be fewer of them, but perhaps not. What usually happens is that just come riding in and have me load everything from the storage pen and any supplies in the storeroom onto the mule."


Male Vudran bard (magician) 2/ninja 3

Lothar adjusted the worn leather backpack he carried. This humble one is an entertainer by trade, so I would like nothing more than to give these bandits the performance of their lives. But before this can be done, the stage must be properly prepared. This most humble one agrees with the ranger and therefore should do as she suggests. It will turn the yard in which we now stand into a far better killing ground than the shed. This humble one would also add that he be allowed to take position in there..." At this, the Vudrani turned to point toward the stable. "From there, this humble one can make sure that those of you proficient with bows will be able to engage the bandits without worry of those curs taking flight. If we do this as this humble one suggests, all of you will have to cover them with bows. He then looked back at Gorgruk. Even you. Please understand. Cowards such as these bandits do indeed deserve to meet their end upon your sword. However, with this plan, we can take them captive, learn what we can from them, and determine if they are truly unrepentant. In this way, we satisfy the spirit of the charter that we were given. What say you to this humble one's amendment to the plan?"

1 to 50 of 4,477 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.