Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


351 to 400 of 6,104 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The head appears to have been dead for weeks.

There's a small wooden box underneath it in the hatbox.


"A head. Great. Why exactly have the bunch of you come here anyway? Who is this witch you speak of?"

Risdin points to the head, "It's not her is it?"


"Ya, it's her - or as much like her as not to make a difference." his apprehension is clear, but he continues: "Lamm betrayed me two years ago, left me for dead. I came to return the favor."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"My beloved died from that dam drug he was selling. I came to return the favor."

Una puts the lid back on the hatbox and turns towards Vic.

"I'm with you. We should get what we can to find out what's going on and get out of here. But not to that witch's place. At least not immediately. Something strange is occuring here."


Risdin pockets the contents of the strongbox and faces the others,"We can sell off most of these things. As Lamm has affected all of us equally, so he should repay us equally in death. What a fool he was."

I don't want to linger for too long though. I know a merchant nearby, I suggest we move out of here."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

"I knew I suspected some type of strange magic about the fortuneteller". "She did not seem to offer us harm however". "I for one would like to return there and confront her, or or spirit, or whatever it is". "I also agree we should try to get what we can out of this stuff". "Would you mind if I inspected some of the items in that box". "I seem to find that some of them emanate a slight magical aura".

DM: Feel free to roll any checks Hytogg needs to try to identify any of the magical items


Risdin hands Hytogg his backpack,"No problem, just pack it back when you are done"


"hrmph - here or there, let us get this over with-" Shakhan stops mid-thought, then "There's a box underneath the head. Someone look into it; maybe it explains more."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una hands Shakhan the fly-ridden wooden hatbox.

"Help yourself."


"O-no! I'm not going near that witch's head!"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"I also will not be looking into it. Not until we are at a safer place. Preferably in a temple."

Una frowns at the box in her leather gloved hands, brushing off a few of the flies with her shortsword.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

So, stay here or move elsewhere?

Are you taking the hatbox? Or is someone going to pick out the box inside?

Does Hytogg want to examine the loot now or wait until you get somewhere nicer?


Let Hytogg check the loot now, then we can move out. I will carry the contents of the hatbox after Hytogg has checked what he wanted to, but I am not touching the head since it means nothing to me, and has no apparent value.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una will carry the hatbox, but won't touch anything in it until they are in a safer place.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Hytogg: You tip a couple of cockroaches off a chair and settle to go through Risdin's backpack.

You find:


  • a narrow teak cigar case inlaid with tiny bits of jade, you think it's worth about 20 gp
  • a 2-pound gold ingot worth at least 100 gp bearing the Cheliax coat of arms
  • a miniature gold crown worth around 350 gp
  • a fist-sized scrimshaw carving of a kraken with garnets for eyes probably worth 200 gp or so
  • a silver ring bearing the inscription "For Emmah — the light in my nights," worth maybe 100 gp, maybe more if you found the lady in question...
  • a highly realistic and highly scandalous ivory figurine of two entwined succubi worth - well, you don't usually move in THAT sort of markets...
  • a masterwork shuriken
  • an adamantine arrowhead
  • an abalone-shell holy symbol of Shelyn worth 300 gp, perhaps more to a worshipper
  • a tiny glass tube containing an oily liquid - slightly magical, probably a potion - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 but you're not sure what
  • an obsidian wand that's radiating magic strongly 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17... you think it might be a wand of magic missiles if you've interpreted the carving of a spray of stars correctly
  • a crystalline vial containing a silvery liquid, also slightly magical 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24... the only thing you know that looks like that is a potion of silversheen
  • a bejeweled brooch with a broken clasp, which despite being broken looks really valuable... it's a circular gold brooch which depicts a pseudodragon and an imp coiled around each other in an almost yin-yang pattern. The pseudodragon’s eye is an amethyst, while the imp’s eye is
    an emerald.

Anyone know anything about local nobility?


Nope, no nobs in my blood :)


No


"Enough of this. Let's return. Risdin? You say you know a place to sell this stuff? As one would expect of Abadar's followers...", Shakhan waits for Risdin to get the packed loot on his back and then they depart.


"Yes, there are many merchants in the area around the church. Unless you want to go to this house on Lancet street first? Either way should get moving already."

Risdin motions for the group to follow then starts the walk back to the dockside.


"The witch's house first, rather. I want to leave this business behind me as soon as possible." Shakhan informally leads the way with Risdin, swiftly, only making marginal effort to wait for the others to keep up.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"I want to see what else is in this box. But I've no intention of doing it out in the open or in the witch's house. Make for sacred ground."

Una gestures toward the fly-ridden box she is carrying.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As you all emerge from the Old Fishery, still debating where to go, it quickly becomes apparent that something terrible has happened. Korvosa is in flames. Smoke rises on the horizon. The frantic clang of alarm bells sing out in harmony with a multifarious cacophony of screams, the clash of steel on steel, moans, and even the periodic detonation of arcane power. A wing of Sable Company griffon riders swoops overhead, angling toward Castle Korvosa at a breakneck pace. One of the badly wounded mounts rains blood down on the street around you before it succumbs and crashes headlong into a statue, taking its rider and itself to a bone-crunching demise. The others in the flight do not pause to check on their fallen ally. Amid the chaos, the voice of a Korvosan herald cuts through the din: "The king is dead! Long live the queen!" only to be shouted down by ragged cries of "Hang the queen!" and "The usurper whore must die!" Through an alleyway, you spot a contingent of hellknights clad in dark iron armour and horned helms pursuing a small gang of what appear to be looters.

The city has gone mad!

What do you want to do?


"Damn! This isn't good. I think we should still go to the witch's place - it's pretty close. Maybe see if we can find some order."


Risdin is in absolute shock at what has happened, "uhm.. whatever you say. I just want to get off the streets."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

I agree...to the witches house. it should be empty now, Hytogg says lookiing at the box.


"I've not seen this city in such madness before. The queen... hrmph..."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una takes a look around at the chaos of the city.

"Well, it seems that the temples will be in disarray for some time, then. Although, I find it strangely coincidental that as we emerge from the destruction of one power, another one is also killed. I have no desire to bring this box, as is, to the witch's house, for it seems that by doing so we are bringing the canary to the cat, but I fear we may not have a choice."

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The place is in turmoil, even though it is still the middle of the night. Dock workers are roaming the streets, many wielding hooks and crowbars and other tools of their trade - nasty improvised weapons. Rumours abound: The King was murdered. The King died of a disease the combined talents of the priesthoods of Sarenrae and Abadar could not cure. Queen Ileosa has siezed the throne. Queen Ileosa is nothing but a gold-digger. The foul priests of Asmodeous were asked if there was anything they could do to save the King's life... Riots have broken out around Castle Korvosa. The Coin's Faithful have been called in to guard the Bank of Abadar, while Queen Ileosa has sent for the Hellknights to restore order...

This is the backdrop against which you try to make your way through the streets towards the witch's house.

One seething mob blocks your path, chanting "Death to the Whore-Queen!" but you are able to skirt your way around the edges until you come to where a mob of six men wielding shovels, chair-legs, and lengths of iron pipe surround a beardless young nobleman. One of the laborers, a fat bald man with greasy muttonchops framing his rotund face, jeers and addresses the young man in a booming voice, "Bet'cha never worked an honest day's wage in your life, eh, Queen's Man? M'brother had his arm crushed by a barrel on the docks when he was younger than you. Never raised a mug of ale with that wrist again. Wanna know what it feels like?"


Before Shakhan commits too much in any way. Can I assume he was healed somewhat along with Risdin, or is he still running around on 2 hp? :)

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Yes, have 1d8 ⇒ 5 back. But I think we may have lost Pierre. I have another cleric character asking to join, if Pierre doesn't pop up soon I'll see about writing him in.


Oh excellent :) - is that with +1 CL?

If we need to fill space, I can also look around my RPG group, maybe one of them would want to join. Personally I don't think that we specifically need a healer (or rather, I like lopsided parties where not all bases are covered :P)


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una looks around to see what her companions are doing, if anything, about current situation. She holds the hatbox as though ready to drop it at a moment's notice and draw her crossbow instead.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

"Stop and unhand that man". "There is no need for us to fight among ourselves when the city is in such disarray". Hytogg uses prestidigitation to make his hair and robe swirl menacingly, and small sparks glitter and swirl about him. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Intimidate

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Sense Motive

Hytogg then readies a blinding ray for any perceived leader if they don't stop their violence


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una sighs at Hytogg's attempt to intimidate the dock workers.

(You do it like this.)

"What's the matter here? Run out of fishes to pound? I suggest you go to your homes, gentlemen, before one of you gets hurt. I know that young chap doesn't look like much right now, but I wouldn't want to see him get angry, and certainly not with a vengeful bodyguard at his side."

Intimidate 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Shakhan really isn't in the mood for fighting, but in spite of his wounds he pulls up to his full height; his neck cracking as he methodically tilts his head from one side to the other - muscles bulging alongside veins on his neck. His axe comes to his hand with almost playful ease as he stares at the assembled ruffians.

Intimidate, aiding Una 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Wow! You're an intimidating bunch, wouldn't care to meet you lot in a dark alley :)

The thugs look at you all, exchange a couple of glances with each other, and decide to make themselves scarce, leaving the young nobleman sitting on his backside in a puddle.

He looks up. "Er... thank you," he says, managing to maintain some poise even in this position. "Your gallantry is much appreciated. I am Amin Jalento, and you have my gratitude."


"Don't mention it. Take care on the way home - thugs like those aren't shy of awaiting you in ambush somewhere else." On second thought, Shakhan adds: "Do you know more on what has happened? We've only heard snippets."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Intelligence check 1d20 ⇒ 19

Una tries to remember if she has heard anything about Amin Jalento, but is loathe to speak her mind until she has heard more about what her companions want to do.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Una, you think his dad's an upmarket jeweller and goldsmith

Amin scrambles to his feet.

"Again, my thanks good people. I was coming home from a party when I heard cries that the King had died, and Queen Ileosa has declared herself successor to the Crimson Throne, and that not all of the court are precisely glad about it... nor the mob, as you can see. I also heard that the Korvosan Guard is struggling to keep order, and there's a rumour that the Queen has sent for Hellknights of the Order of the Nail to help out. Here's something for your trouble..."

He hands a small pouch to Shakhan.

"... think I'd best be off."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Wait sir, before you go. Do you require an escort to your home? The streets seem dangerous now."


Shakhan weighs the pouch in his hand, his grim features not changing one iota. "This isn't a bad idea. With Lamm's death I have no purpose. Maybe this is a good opportunity to start a new direction."


Risdin nods,"Yes, I suppose I am in the same boat as you. This city has always been troubled, but it seems today even more so. I'm always looking to help out wherever I can.", he looks to Amin,"It wouldn't be any trouble."

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"That would be appreciated... after all I came out equipped to party, not to brawl; and you good people seem to handle yourselves well. I live at my father's house in Cliffside."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg raises an eyebrow at that, thinking it's just as easy to be friends with the rich as with the poor.


"Cliffside? hrmph... let's go then." Shakhan readies his shield and axe, ready to follow.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una looks around, wondering where the rest of their companions had gone off to, hoping they had not been separated by the crowds.

"Our group seems to have dwindled in size. Let us make for Cliffside though. I think we might find some recourse there, and hopefully have a true chance to rest and recover."

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

All right, Cliffside it is - marching order please.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg will stay around the middle of the pack.

I'll be out of the country on business from tomorrow morning till Thursday evening. Should have internet, but only later in the evening. don't want to hold up the game so post for character as needed.


I will be in the back with my bow drawn


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

I can't operate the crossbow with only one hand, so I'll be towards the front with shortsword in hand.

351 to 400 of 6,104 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.