Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


3,351 to 3,400 of 6,033 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Gronk finally realizes that a lot more is going on than just investigating a sunken wreck. You can hear him mutter under his breath, politics... power games... He is now paying very close attention to what is said.

Some one is... not making life better. But careful must be if court , politics, and power games be part.

Protecting innocent be good.
Stopping guilty be better.
Both be best.
One or self can help?


"Heh, yea. Let's go."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Meanwhile, back at Orisini's House

"Many people could help, but I think right now, we just need to focus on a few things. Those things that we each can do best, without any more distractions, political or otherwise."

Una sighs to herself. "Indeed, there is nothing more that I could possibly ask for."

"But yes, the situation is much more complicated than you have discovered already. It is my hope that our actions will make things less complicated, and eventually restore Korvosa to a level of normalcy, but so far they just make things worse. In either case, the evils unleashed must be dealt with, resolved if at all possible."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Visiting Vencarlo Orisini: [Una & Gronk]

Orisini visibly takes a deep breath.

"Know then, My Lady Una, that I have the honour of being the current Blackjack - a role that has been passed down from one to another. I had, I must confess, been considering you as a potential successor... but perhaps this - Greyeagle - might suffice... albeit a rather more... flamboyant interpretation of the role than hitherto."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Visiting Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin: [Ashe, Kayla & Varrel]

My Lord Endrin listens to Varrel's words, and inclines his head.

"Wise words, Magus Varrel. If your skills lie towards battle magic I could probably find a place for you with the Sable Company. But I digress, and you have other matters to attend to... yes, I know Orisini quite well. Sound fellow, if a bit flashy on the surface, excellent at individual combat, less so with coordinated efforts. His heart, however, is in the right place and I do not think he is particularly happy with the present regime."

He pauses and looks Ashe straight in the eyes.

"Youth can be rash but you too have a heart that is in the right place and motivations that are pure. As Magus Varrel says, surrendering yourself will, apart from the personal disgrace and worse, send completely the wrong message to both the Queen and the city. No, you must work with your allies - and you have some powerful ones - and with your friends, listening to them and accepting their guidance, but never giving up, never surrendering that passion for right that burns within you."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Ichabod and Shakhan, what would you like to do now?


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod will go buy that potion and then follow Shakan back to the others.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Megan Robertson wrote:

Visiting Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin: [Ashe, Kayla & Varrel]

My Lord Endrin listens to Varrel's words, and inclines his head.

"Wise words, Magus Varrel. If your skills lie towards battle magic I could probably find a place for you with the Sable Company. But I digress, and you have other matters to attend to... yes, I know Orisini quite well. Sound fellow, if a bit flashy on the surface, excellent at individual combat, less so with coordinated efforts. His heart, however, is in the right place and I do not think he is particularly happy with the present regime."

He pauses and looks Ashe straight in the eyes.

"Youth can be rash but you too have a heart that is in the right place and motivations that are pure. As Magus Varrel says, surrendering yourself will, apart from the personal disgrace and worse, send completely the wrong message to both the Queen and the city. No, you must work with your allies - and you have some powerful ones - and with your friends, listening to them and accepting their guidance, but never giving up, never surrendering that passion for right that burns within you."

Ashe bows accepting Lord Endrin's pronouncement and advice, "I shall do as you advise uncle. You have always been my example of a proper protector of the people of Korvosa."

With that he sighs again, "If only that were the only trouble threatening Korvosa, I know you are busy and I have limited time but there is another more immediate threat to the safety of Korvosa. Uncle I believe Korvosa is under attack ... buy foes unknown. Last night the city Wall-Watch sunk a ship that was approaching the docks of Korvosa ... a ship running the plague-ship running lights when it refused to heave too when signaled for quarantine. This morning wreckage of that ship began to wash up on shore. A chest was recovered and opened by a young lass from Trail's End. Within, to her initial delight, was found 100 silver shields which innocently she spent a good number of the coins before she fell ill and went home. Our party was forewarned by a harrow reading last night - I know you don't hold much truck with such things but we were seeking the source of a potential 'sickness' and found some of the coins that the young girl spent. Uncle, there was powerful and evil magic upon those coins and when I cast a diagnose disease miracle of Iomedae upon the coins and the young girl I learned that the coins had been specifically treated and enchanted with a artificially modified existing unnatural disease known as Vorrel's Phage - the same disease that was currently afflicting the young lass making her deathly ill. Someone had specifically modified this disease and 'seeded' those coins with evil magic to spread that disease to anyone who came in physical contact with those coins! Uncle, the little girl though she had only held the coins briefly in her possession for perhaps a few hours was bedridden and deathly ill! No natural sickness spreads so fast... I am treating her but her very life is at risk! We recovered the chest and most of the coins... but not all. We are uncertain if there is more than one chest. Tomorrow we plan to investigate the sunken ship to learn more evidence of its origins and owners. The Temples of Shelyn, and Abadar are already been informed but we may soon have a major crisis if those coins are not recovered!"

He lets his words sink in...

"The fact remains this was done on purpose by parties unknown. I have the chest of coins secured and closed upon my steed outside if you would have solid evidence... any one in the clergy of the faiths of the city performing a diagnose disease miracle upon the coins can verify what we have learned. You should have all the silver coins of your men quarantined lest the infection be unwittingly spread to the men of the Sable Company! To note, uncle, the disease is spread by mere contact! I have been the only one of our party to handle the coins we recovered as Iomedae's grace makes me immune and unable to carry any disease. But the facts are Korvosa is diretly threatened by malicious and evil plots!"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

At Orisini's

Una laughs, a little coldly.

"Another time. Another world. I might have considered your offer. There is little left in me than bitterness at the forces which took my Colin away from me. And a desperation to see Korvosa under a fair ruler. I fear I have not the resources to be your Blackjack, though if our circumstances in Korvosa grow worse, you might see me become a more desperate saboteur."

She looks over at Gronk.

"I too, represent an ending of worlds. Though perhaps not as directly as your Groetus. As a tool of justice for those downtrodden by politics and religion."

She focuses back on Orisini.

"Will Blackjack help us with our charge? If she can but be safely moved from the city, particularly before the coming plague has quarantined everyone within, I think it would go better. To that end,..."

Una reaches into her bag but waits to hear if Orisini/Blackjack will accept her request.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Megan Robertson wrote:

Visiting Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin: [Ashe, Kayla & Varrel]

My Lord Endrin listens to Varrel's words, and inclines his head.

"Wise words, Magus Varrel. If your skills lie towards battle magic I could probably find a place for you with the Sable Company. But I digress, and you have other matters to attend to... yes, I know Orisini quite well. Sound fellow, if a bit flashy on the surface, excellent at individual combat, less so with coordinated efforts. His heart, however, is in the right place and I do not think he is particularly happy with the present regime."

Varrel lets Ashe and his uncle before speaking again.

Your offer is most intriguing. Ashe can tell you I had already expressed an interest in joining the Sable company, were you to take casters into your ranks. I have been working as a freelance bodyguard and with Ashe, but all my training is towards combining sword and spell, particularly evocations. The sable company is in a unique position as an elite unit in service to the city, not the queen. This city has come to mean a great deal to me, for it is a place on the brink, yet there are good folk here who can be saved before it becomes Cheliax.

He bows and moves to stand beside his new halfling companion.
You are right, however and there IS much to be done. Ashe and I can do more by continuing as we have been. So we should be leaving. Ashe I believe wanted to speak to Vencarlo and I need to add spells to my book for tomorrow.


When they arrive at Endrin's place, Shakhan and Icabhod catch the tail end of the conversations. Shakhan rolls his eyes in a knowing way to Icabhod. "That's our paladin. Speeches. ...at least followed by action."


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod smirks. Kinda makes you blank out until the last sentance, eh?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Visiting Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin: [Ashe, Kayla & Varrel]

As the conversation comes to an end, there is a rap on the door. Looking irritated, Lord Edrin calls "Come!" and his aide ushers Shakhan and Icabhod in.

"These gentlemen said they were of My Lord Ashericke's party, Sir," he says, "And were most insistent that they be allowed to join him."

"Yes, yes, very well. We were about done. Disturbing news of this pestilence... but you always were more interested in such matters than I, m'boy. Magus Varrel, we can speak later if you are interested in an association with the Sable Company. My door will be open to you," says Lord Edrin.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Visiting Vencarlo Orisini: [Una & Gronk]

Vencarlo Orisini listens to Una gravely, a look quite unlike his usual lighthearted air of gallantry on his face.

"I understand, my Lady. Although resources can be found, should the will to step forward be there... think upon it, I beg. But to matters at hand, of course any assistance that can be proffered shall be... are you aware of the lady's current whereabout? No, speak it not, suffice that she may be reached as needs be."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe bows to Lord Endrin, "I thank you for your time and consideration Lord Endrin. I'm sure you have much to do. I have concluded all I needed to discuss with you, and will take my leave."

Ashe will turn to Shakhan and Icabod, "...what I wanted to speak with my uncle over is concluded... though if you have matters to discuss with him I trust to your brevity.. he is a busy man and he must turn his attentions to dealing with the threat of the plagued coins quickly... lest his men fall prey."

Ashe will excuse himself from the office, and wait for Varrel to exit, not addressing him in secret but asking him openly, "..I intend to go speak with Vencarlo Orisini. I know you have spell studies to get to, friend Varrel. I'll understand if you must take your leave. But I would still like your company and to visit 'Exemplary Excrables'... I feel strongly about that hive of vileness... and I'm sure after seeing it... YOU will to! It must be shut down and stopped - not today perhaps... but at some point... and I'm sure you will see why."

[OOC: Ashe is not being dismissive of Shakhan and Icabod... but he has no idea why they are there and thinks it would be assumption on his part to assume they were merely seeking him. He's excusing himself to let them speak with the commandant on whatever private matters they might wish to discuss and not pry. Again he figures if they were there for him they would have simply accompanied Varrel, Kayla and him in the first place. So he's trying to be polite if they have some matters to discuss with the commandant.]

Majenko takes flight and seeks his usual perch upon Ashe's shoulder.

Addressing Kayla, "Milady, I had intended on conclusion of my matters with Vencarlo to swing by 'Exemplary Excrebles' IF Varrel was in my company to show him... briefly the hive of wretchedness that I wish to permanently close. Its is possible... my meeting with Vencarlo will elicit perhaps immediate actions that will have to be dealt with at that moment delaying any visit to that horrible place but with you in our company... I will NOT take any young woman anywhere near such a sordid and vile place! Please take no insult at this but it is a most inappropriate place where men and women - in particular, are debased, abused and molested perhaps even murdered... all for sick public spectacle!! Plus if Varrel takes his leave first... there is no point, for I doubt I need convince you of the vileness of that macabre theater of debauched perversions! Though I do intend to return to 'Trail's End' and check in on the health of the sickened young lass, Miss Brianna Soldado - you are more than welcome to accompany me there."

{Also sorry to drag this out somewhat but it was not even noon before we arrived Marshal Kroft's office and planned. So we have almost a whole half day and evening to do other things. I'll be brief... as possible.}


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

"Sir Ashe, I haven't led the most sheltered of lives and have seen my share of unpleasantness, but if it will truly bother you to take me along, I won't insist upon it. I can wait somewhere for you and when you are done I can accompany you to see Miss Brianna."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Kayla Adrianas wrote:
"Sir Ashe, I haven't led the most sheltered of lives and have seen my share of unpleasantness, but if it will truly bother you to take me along, I won't insist upon it. I can wait somewhere for you and when you are done I can accompany you to see Miss Brianna."

Ashe ponders her words carefully and nods his expression contrite from her unspoken chastisement, "...I think, I might best trust to your own fortitude and rely on your own choices milady. Forgive my imposition - YOU are, of course, the best judge of what is or is not too distasteful for your own presence to endure. I only seek to not offend by taking you somewhere that is so full of such indecency without fair warning... and perhaps in being over protective in doing so - I offend anyways. Forgive my caution and overprotective propriety. You may accompany if you so desire... I have no intention of tarrying any longer than needed... should Varrel decide that he has time for such a brief visit. I have no desire to visit such a place save only to drive home my point with my friend who is new to Korvosa... that there are evils within the city that can be dealt with by bold action. At least once this major crisis of a potential plague is resolved. Now such an endeavor would... 'dilute' our efforts in protecting the city... a unnecessary distraction for now, but one that I wish him to witness for himself... lest my words be dismissed as exaggeration."

Looking over at Varrel, "For I well know - Varrel's devotion to vengeance for the innocent will scream within him as loudly as my devotion to justice for innocent - demanding that damnable theater be closed permanently!"


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

"You are forgiven Sir Ashe and I thank you for your concern about my well-being. Now, if Varrel has the time, I will accompany you men wherever you decide to go."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel does not takelong to answer. There remains enough time in the day. A simple look though. You shall already have my aid, Ashe. I trust what you have told me of this place, so you will have my aid in shutting it down. I am pained to say I learned the hard way to prioritize. Worthy a goal as it is, the plague remains our true AND larger goal. Let's go.

I do like side quests, but generally roleplay them between AP missions. Let's not derail too much.

Varrel looks to Shakhan and Icabod as they exit. In the mood Shakhan? Looks like we're visiting a place that may require one of your reputation to keep us out of trouble.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

I'm going to slow down the posting for Vencarlo/Orsini until Gronk can respond. Don't want to get too much ahead if he's busy over the weekend.


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Actually I have been checking several times a day. Just not sure what I could or should say. Until that last post I wasn't sure what you were trying to accomplish. And Gronk isn't very good at convincing people anyway. Then the last response from Vencarlo sounded like he agreed to do what you want anyway.

Aha, Vencarlo may be agree get girls out city. Be not knowing either side, but always good find understand in confusion. Better afore unchangable acts.

Be good girls gone. Us can find truth without bother of guard girls. Self be not knowing girls place. Self be knowing one who does. Vencarlo agrees to move hidden girls?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Okay, good. I just wanted to make sure we hadn't lost you in the flurry of posts.

Una nods to Orisini, and Gronk.

"If that is satisfactory, yes. Asherick has more details regarding certain information, and I'm sure the transfer of responsibility can be arranged successfully."

Una proceeds to explain their next moves, the searching of the ship in the sound (I think its technically a sound, based on the map, but could be and am willing to be wrong), and also explains some of the other beliefs the group has shared, the possibility of a corrupt monarchy acting against the people of Korvosa, in league with dark and destructive forces.

"So, as we are about to embark on an underwater adventure I am not sure if we will come back from, I would like to offer to sell you something I believe will help with Sabor's ... transition."

She reaches fully into her pack and pulls out a neatly folded emerald silk gown with gold and emerald beads, her gold and emerald necklace, and the green velvet mask with gold and emerald trim. She allows her fingers to touch the beautiful garments delicately, yet lovingly, as though this is the last time she will ever hold them. "I once... used these to disguise myself as a Chelish noblewoman. They might prove equally useful for Miss Sabor." She lowers her voice to a whisper. "And I think they match her green eyes better than my icy ones, anyway."

She unfolds the gown to show it to Orisini, still handling the items with an unexpected tenderness.

"I could sell it to a merchant, but I doubt that you could easily find a matching set like this for the reasonable price of a thousand gold pieces."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Varrel wrote:

Varrel does not takelong to answer. There remains enough time in the day. A simple look though. You shall already have my aid, Ashe. I trust what you have told me of this place, so you will have my aid in shutting it down. I am pained to say I learned the hard way to prioritize. Worthy a goal as it is, the plague remains our true AND larger goal. Let's go.

I do like side quests, but generally roleplay them between AP missions. Let's not derail too much.

Varrel looks to Shakhan and Icabod as they exit. In the mood Shakhan? Looks like we're visiting a place that may require one of your reputation to keep us out of trouble.

Ashe's expression is one of relief ad appreciation, "Thank you Varrel, you support and belief mean a lot."[/b]

"Well we are finished here... lets make our way to the Orisini Academy and speak to the man and see if he may assist our efforts."

Ashe will lead the way back out side the Endrin Military Academy politely {and chastely} he will lift Kayla again into 'Redhoof's' saddle... leading the mare by the reins as they make their way through the narrow streets of Old Korvosa to the locale of the Orisini Swordsmanship school.

Ashe makes every effort to keep the group together not wishing to leave Shakhan or Icabod behind.

Shortly he is knocking at the front door of the Sword School.


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod follows along silently for now. He wasn't really sure right now how he could contribute to their efforts right now outside of his magical abilities and would see how things developed.

Despite some trouble in the beginning, Shakhan seemed an ok sort.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

At the Orisini Academy

Those without see a noice saying that lessons are cancelled.

Those within hear a knocking.

Vencarlo is feeling the silk of Una's gown with true appreciation.

"I'd better go see who that is," he says.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"If it is Asherick or any of our other companions, and you grow alarmed by the number of people in your house, just think of us as students alarmed by why you had cancelled the lessons."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

When the door is answered...

"Hello, I'm 'Sir' Asherick Whiteplume-Stolyarev, Paladin of Iomedae... is schoolmaster Vercarlo Orisini in? I need to speak with him on grave matters from Marshal Kroft's advice."

It has been a while since Ashe has seen Vencarlo he may not quite recall his face.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It is Vencarlo who opens the door. Bit unusual for him, he'd normally send a student or servant to attend to such a task.

"Ah, Sir Asherick, a pleasure," he recognises the paladin at a glance and seems pleased if a bit wary to see him. "Do come in. Your comrade, the Lady Una Therlmagne, is within. She is expecting you."

He holds the door wide, looking slightly askance at the others (whom he has not met before, apart from Shakhan).


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel remains quiet behind his paladin friend. He had not met this Vencarlo before but the man sounded interesting and likely an ally, judging by what the others had said about him...


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe bows politely, "Thank you master Orisini."

Ashe enters the academy... is a litle surprised that Vencarlo would answer the doors personally, instead of a student but expects Una had something to do with that.

Once inside Ashe pauses, "Allow me to introduce my companions, Master Orisini. This is my dear friend Varrel an elven Magus and devotee of Ragethiel. 'Lady' Kayla Adrianas a halfling Cleric of the 'Eternal Rose' - Shelyn and her bodyguard mister Icabod. You know Shakhan our famous pit-fighter."

Ashe looks Icabod over briefly uncertain what to make of a bodyguard that does not apparently wear any armor... and makes a mental note to ask Kayla at some point what his specialty is.

Introductions made Ashe looks about mindful to see if any students are nearby and the door is closed. A little concerned with the situation as he noticed the much increased number of Korvosan Guardsmen on patrol in the neighborhood.

Ashe asks, "Is there someplace we can discuss secure from prying ears? I.. am uncertain what Lady Therlmagne has told you Master Orisini... but both Field Marshal Cressida Kroft and Lord Marcus Endrin hold that you are a man of strong convictions and trustworthiness... we have need of such a man's services. There is a task we need assistance in performing... a delicate task that has some threat of risk. But I would not discuss it where we could be overheard it is a delicate matter. Is there some cause for alarm and the increase in Korvosan patrols in your neighborhood?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Please, come on through," says Vencarlo, leading the group through the main hall to a smaller practice room beyond.

"It is my honour to meet you, Lady Adrianas, Magus Varrel, Icabhod," he bows as he ushers them in. "Shakhan, good to see you again. Now, can I get you anything? My Lady Una has been telling me about plagues and threats to the city from within and without, and the need to get certain ladies to safety... and of one Grey Eagle..."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel raises an eyebrow at the mention of Grey Eagle, apparently Una had been VERY forthcoming. Unusually trusting for her.

She has spoken true Sword master, forgive my directness since we have just met, but the situation in the streets is dire, and likely to get worse if the assembled churches cannot control the spread. As for the 'Grey Eagle' it seems his message to the Queen has fallen on deaf ears.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe follows Orisini as directed through the main hall and into the smaller practice room listening to Vencarlo's words with interest.

He is a little surprised at how well informed Vencarlo is but takes in it stride, grateful not to have to rehash what is already known. He had already intended to inform the sword master of all the facts anyways.

Ashe listens to Varrel's reply and comments, "...oh, I'd have to make a point on this, Varrel, the Queen is not ignoring what the Greyeagle said. She could have 'found' some new fake-Trina to parade before the city for another mock trail to publicly execute... and she has not done so. The Queen is merely saving face by persisting in keeping the reward for Trina's capture. It takes little effort on Queen Illeosa's part to appeal to the greed of others - giving incentive for someone to turn Trina in. She is doing exactly what Greyeagle... what... I'd hoped she would do by not trying to stage another false execution! The Queen is proud and seemingly vindictive... I expected no less of her. She IS the Queen... and must make some 'token' attempt to appear un-cowed by the Greyeagle's actions... at least in the eyes of the nobility and the public in general!"

Turning to address Vencarlo, "Since you know this much, know that the other fake-trina we rescued was named Sephira and she is merely a small-time pickpocket who has never killed anyone. I need your assistance, Master Orisini, to spirit both Trina Sabor and Sephiria out of the city to some place in the country where they will be relatively safe. Unfortunately, House Whiteplume is not wealthy with lands and estates to provide sanctuary for the young women safely away. You take a big risk in helping us in such 'treasonous' activities.. and you should be aware of such. Will you help us, Swordmaster Orisini?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"As you may surmise, My Lady Una has spoken of much... but so have I."

Vencarlo looks a touch embarassed, uncomfortable.

"You see, for the past decade or so, I have been the current incarnation of Blackjack! In that guise, I had been intending to step in and rescue the young maiden that was to have been executed... had not a new hero arisen to do the deed."

He takes a few paces, clearly reticent about talking on the subject.

"I trust you will keep this in confidence. I shall, however, be willing to aid you in spiriting the young ladies away to a place of safety."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe is stunned at the swordmaster's revelation.

"Oh. My! I... I'm honored to meet you Master Orisini... and equally flattered you would hold me in your confidences as such. Of course your secret is safe with me."

Now Ashe looks a little embarrassed, "Not that Una has listened to my explanations to the contrary, but I had NEVER intended to take on the role of a masked street vigilante and provocateur. I had only put on the guise of the Greyeagle as a flamboyant, brazen and unignorable distraction to the Queen and the guards at the execution to cover what was really going on... the true person responsible for the rescue..."

Ashe casts a glance Varrel's direction

"... I wanted to stop the unjust execution, I wanted to confront the Queen with her sordid deeds and I wanted EVERYONE there to know why! It seemed the best technique to chastise the Queen publicly with facts that everyone could verify with simple inquiry. To publicly oppose and humiliate her underhanded deeds to sting her pride enough Queen Ileosa would not do such a crass thing again! Yet, keep my companions safe from persecution and my family safe from reprisal. I was not interested in public display or renown merely in drawing attention from the efforts of others by being the target of all the ire of the Queen and the Guards stationed at the execution. It is not the way I normally operate nor have operated in the past... but I believe in being flexible in ones approach. Some tactics... outrageous and provocative as they may be in certain situations are the best... just as equally - stealth and subterfuge work best in different situations. Though I'll admit as a heavy armor warrior... I prefer direct confrontation to stealth... but subterfuge and misdirection which is what I felt I was doing that night is not foreign to me."

Ashe smirks, "...but those are matters of the past. I'm grateful you are willing to help us Master Orisini. I know where the young women are being secreted... no one else does. How may I coordinate with you to get them out of the city? For alas a NEW threat to the Korvosa's safety has arisen and ... .. my love for Trina would... I feel distract my efforts with worry over her under continual threat. Trina has claimed my heart in turn and given her devotion in return."

Ashe seems a little pensive revealing this truth...


Shakhan raises an eyebrow for a moment, then narrows both eyes as he tries to pierce any deceptions or stray give-aways that Orsini may venture. "For the past decade or so, Blackjack wasn't very prominent in Korvosa. What exactly did you do?"


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

Kayla is currently sitting quietly, paying attention to the conversation with rapt attention. She's quite amazed and dismayed the things she's learned today. She had no idea about the Queen's nature or about the double-identities of the people she has met today.


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod will stand near Kayla's chair, still technically her bodyguard as he listens absently as the paladin continues to jaw away.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel merely smiles at Ashe's proclamation and returns the nod when the paladin looks to him as the person responsible for Trinia's rescue.


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Gronk is realizing that he is caught up things much more complicated than fighting a plague. He tries to take in and make sense of the accounts he hears.

As they say, "Black waters never sleep."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe smiles at Gronks statement... it is a bitter smile, "Aye, Acolyte de'Morcaine... I've heard that saying.. but I heard it as 'Black Hearts never rest easy... or forget.'..."

But his nod of agreement is friendly in its demeanor...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

So we have found resolution for the girls.
Varrel turns to his new companions

It seems Korvosa, for all it's troubles faces 2 threats, the Machinations of a Queen who only seems interested in consolidation of power through fear and merciless law and this, disease which may be from an external threat. As the day has gone on I have had to consider the opportunity this presents queen Illeosa, playing devils advocate here, but this situation, if it spreads could actually work in her favor. We best find a cure or at least the best means of controlling the spread. Once the Castle gets wind of it being a contact disease, martial law could be instigated and whole districts shutdown to stop the spread. Indeed that would be a natural course for the safety of the larger populace, but it does give the queen an excuse to put soldiers and Hell knights wherever she likes.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"My suggestion is that the ladies adopt a disguise - at least one of them to dress as a male, if not both - and to leave the city mid-afternoon, mingling with normal merchantile traffic," said Vencarlo. "I shall travel with them and see them to a place of safety. Best you know not where, for the time being. I can provide some suitable clothing."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods in agreement a somberness coming to his expression, the emtional realization that he is sending his Trina away... and will not see her again for some time... if ever again dawning on him.

"...Yes. I... suppose that is for the best. We should do that now. Gather your... disguises Master Orisini. I'll take you to the young ladies so we can get this done as quickly as possible."

Majenko, his telepathic abilities learning to read Ashe more and more each day, senses the somberness in his heart and perking his head up licks Ashe's cheek trilling a soft purr of affection.

Ashe reacts with a gentle stroking of the tiny dragon's long neck at his perch on Ashe's shoulder.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Indeed. All haste would be preferable if you can assist today, we are most grateful Swordmaster. Do you require an escort? If not we should finish our own preparations for tomorrow. I admit i find it, disconcerting that I have not yet reached the tier of power to cast the water breathing spell myself. It will be dangerous and short of combat my magic will not be much help


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Uhmm... Ok, I can't tell. Are we heading to grab girls for this dude to smuggle out or are we heading back to prepare for tomorrow?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

I think Ashe and Varrel plan to grab the girls. I don't think more than two are needed for the job.

Una stands and with an imperious stance assumes command.

"Ashe and Varrel, you may take who you need to see that it gets taken care of. The rest of us will continue to prepare for our underwater expedition."


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Sounds good to me.

Belike time of prayers and preparations. Ironic is. We be seeking wreck and disease to make life better.


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

All set here.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

So, Ashe & Varrel - with anyone else? - to pick up the 2 fugitives and bring them back to Vencarlo's place.

Una, Vencarlo will buy your finery if you want, although he does not intend to use it for the escape.

What are the rest of you doing and where are you going?

3,351 to 3,400 of 6,033 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.