Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


3,301 to 3,350 of 6,034 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Hopefully this is not out of line...

Varrel and Ashe head out, arranging to meet up with the others at the House previously belonging to the Harrow reader, currently occupied by Varrel and Una.

They arrive at the Market that exists in front of the Acadamae, where budding mages and a few Hedgewizards ply their trade and offer spell foci, Reagents and spellcasting services.
It doesn't take long to appropriate the required items Una can fill in what out of our wishlist the Marshall is willing to pay for..., spells like water breathing and fireball were of the 3rd tier of Magic. Beyond the availability of small towns, but this was Korvosa, home of one of the largest spellcasting institutions in the inner sea.

One vendor in particular took Varrel's interest, Arcane Beginnings, a shop virtually every new apprentice would visit in his early years at the College. It sold all manner of goods that would interest apprentice mages. Scrolls, spellbooks, pearls of power and most importantly, the small creatures that wizards took for familiars. Anyone who looked overhead could see the many imps improperly summoned by would be Diabolists. Most knew they were particularly popular with Chelish Mages. But Imps were one thing to summon, another thing entirely to bond with one. Any mage capable of such a feat was certainly no apprentice. Varrel had no interest in a diabolical familiar anyway.

He browsed many small cages and saw more than a few ravens, owls, thrushes, frogs, cats and the like. Varrel wanted something else. Something from far to the south, he'd seen one or two before but never more than a couple...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

There it was.
What he'd decided upon.

The viscious little raptor had to be set back from the others, fore it tore and shrieked and bit if any other animal was bought near it. Still it merely acting on instinct. Here was a creature that, knew violence as a way of life. Not for fun but simply because that was survival. This one would not fear the way his little friend had.

Varrel approached the vendor.
I have released my old familiar, I would make purchase of the little dinosaur in the back. He is an exotic, so here is a downpayment for you to keep him a week till I am able to pick him up. I also require a scroll of BLEND and KEEP WATCH.


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

"If my services are not needed for anything else today, I will see you all again on the morrow."

I'm guessing a time and place is given for the departure of the boat taking us out to the wreck?


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod nods to the others. Well I will be seeing the rest of you in the morning I suppose. He then escorts Kayla back to the church.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"I would stop by this Vencarlo Orisini myself. I have some business to tend with him. We had agreed earlier that this is a man that we can trust with our loyalties, when you were off galavanting around while the storm was brewing, Ashe."

Una sours, but is also interested to know if the Marshall will grant Varrel the credit note he requested, so she remains there and looks at the map that Ashe has drawn. She does impart to the religious representatives their coordinates at the Harbormaster's, and the time is dawn. Near the crack of. At least until they can figure out when the the tide will be the lowest.

"Rest up. No telling what we'll come in contact with down there. There's more in Korvosa's channels than just swift-moving water."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe follows his elf friend as he makes his way to the Academae... ignoring Una's weak verbal jab at his actions the night before that ended in smashing success. He sees no need to belabor an argument he's already won...

Following Varrel he keeps his eyes sharply wary as they arrive at the Academae and enter the arcane market before its massive gates.

Ashe scans for evil and notes not only the flocks of Imps that roost upon the battlements of the fortress-like walls of the Wizard College but also the teifling 'camp followers' of the Academae who fervently keep to the shadows watching the both Varrel and him... a living testament to past 'students' or even the occasional Korvosan innocent who have been preyed upon by the imps for sport and cruel satisfaction of their base wicked desires of the flesh. Ashe recognizes one or two of the teiflings seemingly performing menial tasks for the Academae Superiors, but knows they would find little acceptance anywhere else in Korvosa. Their leering gazes hold little doubt that the proclivities of their Infernal bloodline drives many similar desires within their often equally dark hearts as the jeering, lustful imps above watching for any sign of weakness or opportunity to sow suffering or degradation.

At the smell of Imp Majenko wakes to alertness peering right at the flocks of imps his wings fluttering and tail lashing menacingly as the feisty little dragon note even the location of the invisible hellish brood of Imps cause them to quail at their discovery by their hated implacable foes in the skies of the great city.

Majenko hissess loudly at the Imps .... convincing a good number of them to see the wisdom of departing the presence of the Holy Paladin with a invisibility seeing dragon companion. There were... easier marks for mischief and sport.

Ashe gently strokes the flanks of his indignant dragon companion perched upon his armored shoulder thinking to him, {Peace my dear friend, good must choose its fights wisely... now is not the place and time to battle the infernal horde in their stronghold...}

Majenko bristles outwardly no less watching the Imps that take flight his telepathic words heard by both Ashe and Varrel, {Infernal foes are dangerous and need to be slain. Majenko does not know why magic casters not see how vile their presence is here... they are not natural, not part of this world... and need to be wiped out!}

Ashe smiles, {I understand my friend, but we must pick fights we can win and marshal our strength before we strike at foes stronger... to fight now you would be overwhelmed. Remember your 6 companions you summoned to aid my efforts last night? Together we had the strength to overcome.. and in our escape I used my strength to aid your emerald scaled companion... many times when you choose to fight will determine victory much more than how well you fight.}

Majenko made no further telepathic words but did sit back down on Ashe's shoulder his wings twitching anxiously and his stinger-tipped tail thrashing in annoyance. The little dragon's gaze remained locked on the Acadamae battlements keeping wary attention to the Imps concealed in shadows and hiding under their natural ability to turn invisible that was no fool to his keen senses.

Ashe accepts Majenko's restraint and comments to Varrel, "By the way Friend Varrel, I was not 'gallanting around' last night... I was performing a needed distraction so the innocent could be spirited away to safety. You know I would never do anything to endanger the party? Would Una be happier if we'd failed?"

Ashe notes with a little disquiet one of the nearby stall assistants is the sensual female tiefling with red skin he met here previously, regarding him with a leer that is far from... chaste.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Field Marshal Kroft just says "Save your receipts" - she doesn't seem inclined to hand out letters of credit.

The usual hustle and bustle of the Academae courtyard ebbs and flows around Ashe and Varrel as they pursue their various errands. Scrolls can be had a-plenty, and other wares are being hawked... even, it appears, arcane intimate services! Several imps notice Majenko and swoop around making nasty remarks about 'pets' - until a tight squadron of local pseudodragons, led by a large bright orange one, dart in and see them off.

Varrel indeed finds a potential familiar, yet it hisses and snarls at him as much as it does at anyone who passes near its cage. The owner of Arcane Beginnings, however, seems delighted that someone is interested and is happy to discuss a 'lay-aside' arrangement.

"Do you have any experience with the species?" he asks. "They are quite challenging, but those who have persevered say that they are quite rewarding. Professor Belkin has one, I'm sure he will be willing to share some advice if you are interested. His hunts for its food, but I've been feeding this one live mice and day-old chicks. Seems to keep it happy enough, for now at least."

The pair of you can pick up the scrolls you want (and sell that couple of items if you so wish!).

OK, so that's Ashe and Varrel sorted. What is everyone else doing?

Una, are you waiting for Ashe so that the pair of you can visit Orisini? Anyone else want to go?

Shakhan, do you want to go to a weapons shop in search of a trident?

Who will be going back to the house (apart from Una and Varrel, who live there...)?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

I may head off on my own to see Orisini, without waiting. Which somehow seems true to alignment, but out of character for me. Its an internal debate, still raging.

After doing a lot of research, there are not many inexpensive water breathing magic items.

How much was that emerald necklace we found worth, Ashe? I'm still holding onto it as it goes with my noble's outfit. But I might be able to sell the whole collection: noble's gown, emerald necklace, and velvet mask for a water breathing item instead.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Asherick Whiteplume wrote:

Ashe follows his elf friend as he makes his way to the Academae... ignoring Una's weak verbal jab at his actions the night before that ended in smashing success. He sees no need to belabor an argument he's already won...

Following Varrel he keeps his eyes sharply wary as they arrive at the Academae and enter the arcane market before its massive gates.

Ashe scans for evil and notes not only the flocks of Imps that roost upon the battlements of the fortress-like walls of the Wizard College but also the teifling 'camp followers' of the Academae who fervently keep to the shadows watching the both Varrel and him... a living testament to past 'students' or even the occasional Korvosan innocent who have been preyed upon by the imps for sport and cruel satisfaction of their base wicked desires of the flesh. Ashe recognizes one or two of the teiflings seemingly performing menial tasks for the Academae Superiors, but knows they would find little acceptance anywhere else in Korvosa. Their leering gazes hold little doubt that the proclivities of their Infernal bloodline drives many similar desires within their often equally dark hearts as the jeering, lustful imps above watching for any sign of weakness or opportunity to sow suffering or degradation.

At the smell of Imp Majenko wakes to alertness peering right at the flocks of imps his wings fluttering and tail lashing menacingly as the feisty little dragon note even the location of the invisible hellish brood of Imps cause them to quail at their discovery by their hated implacable foes in the skies of the great city.

Majenko hissess loudly at the Imps .... convincing a good number of them to see the wisdom of departing the presence of the Holy Paladin with a invisibility seeing dragon companion. There were... easier marks for mischief and sport.

Ashe gently strokes the flanks of his indignant dragon companion perched upon his armored shoulder thinking to him, {Peace my dear friend, good must choose its fights wisely... now is not the...

Varrel is quick to note Ashe's need for reassurance.I did not say anything, Ashe. If you wish to make your justification, do so with Una. I do not ever question your intent, my young friend. Merely your methods. You have a 'gift' for flair and drama. Our preference as a group is that we use more subtle tactics. Our view is that would be safer for all.The elf continues on, having concluded his shopping, Now, let's leave the Acadamae and it's denizens behind. You wanted me with you this day? Let's be hasty. I have to study this eve and you wanted to get your sword enchanted, did you not?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe looks a little uncomfortable but replies, "I know you have not said anything in rebuke friend Varrel. But I have made my reasons manifest to Una and yet she continues to harp over the matter... perhaps it is just her way? But you are new to our group... 'strange how that sounds at this point', and in my opinion you have no bias in your observations. I trust your opinions and have noted your words of constructive criticism. Subtlety has it's place agreed, but the unilateral exclusion of any other tactic that works is a recipe for failure eventually. Just as no singular law can be applied perfectly and correctly every time... so to the successful adventuring party needs to be flexible to many different approaches. I was in all support of our initial subtle meeting with the Spider King in disguise, and our relatively stealthy approach to 'All the World's Meat'... but those were before your time with us. But your point is made and not lost on me... I'll let the matter drop for indeed - 'It takes two to make an argument...' and try to adjust my actions to be more in-line with the groups needs."

Ashe will sigh as if dreading the prospect but will ask to speak to Dean of Enchantment Heresta Tarlan, of the "Hall of Charms". Seeking to barter for the enchantment of his Longsword - 'Dauntless Heart' in trade for if not in full {at market value} at least partial down payment {re-sale value} for the enchantment with the Remaining Pouch of Dust of Appearance {market Value: 1,800gp} and the Elixir of Vision [market value: 250gp} as trade. He is almost hoping it will be rejected for he has no desire to owe the 'College of Seductive Enchanters' ANY favors for their services... as they have a reputation of... taking repayment in most sinful of ways.

Diplomcay: w/Korvosan Citizens 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
{I leave it to you Megan for the results of Ashe's inquiries}

Whatever the results he is eager to take his leave of the Academae envions with Varrel.

"Yes, we should be hasty... you have no need to speak with Vencarlo Orisini so we shall go see my uncle first and you can part if the need hits you at that point."

Ashe leads the way onto the Old Korvosa Isle heading for the Endrin Military Academy.

The Whitewashed building serve as a barracks for fort Korvosa's small Garrison of Korvosan Guard and Sable Company Trainees. Apportioned int he Academy are are classrooms and sparring rings where foul-mouthed drill sergeants 'teach' new recruits how to be Sable Company Marines and have done so for decades.

It is then that it dawns on Varrel as Ashe enters to Academy grounds to the recognition of many of the soldiers and none too few of the drill sergeants as he makes his way to the Commandant's Office who his uncle is, Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin, leader of the Sable Company and Head of House Endrin, one of the most famous and preimere Noble Houses in all of Korvosa.

Ashe is passed through functionaries and lower ranking officers to his 'Uncles' Attache Officer a Half-Elven woman in a severe Sable Company uniform outside his office who instructs them to be seated until the Commandant can see them.

{At this point I leave it to you Megan. Ashe is here to report the goings on in the city to his 'uncle' and warn him of the strange and seemingly vindictive action of the Queen in her duplicity to blame an innocent for the king's murder. I wanted to RP this but I can understand if you want to push the story on further.}

@ Una: I believe that necklace was worth 600gp. I may be mistaken as it has not been on my loot list for some time now.


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Assuming no new emergencies are brought to his attention, Gronk:
Purchases the 2 scrolls, fins, and short spear,
Takes care of normal business at his shrine for the rest of the evening,
Rests and meditates in the morning to prepare the spells listed in his profile for underwater.

In the morning after his early meditations, Gronk heads down to the docks. He gets odd stares from people walking through town wearing nothing but shorts and his holy symbol carrying the swim fins and a spear. But as usual, the stares of others is not a matter of concern for him.

Seems self be first here. No matter, will meditate until others arrive.


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Ok, sorry, I guess I didn't realize how much else was being planned for the rest of the day. Please ignore the last post.
Gronk would be happy to go with Ashe if he wants some assisstance or if Una does not want to go to Orisini alone he could tag along. This day he would have his walking-around-town spell list prepared with a few slots left to fill as needed.
Ashe or Una, either of you want company?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Surprisingly, Una has taken a liking to Gronk.

"I suppose I'll head off to see Orisini. Hopefully before the stuffed pidgeon can get there. Or is he more of a dove. Either way, bad for business."

(Una would have said this after Ashe left.)

"If anyone would care to join me. I did not mean to be so dismissing in my earlier statement. There is a lot we have yet to learn from one another."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Hey... as I said I didn't mean or want to exclude anyone from the RP... so your more than welcome to come along. Initially Ashe only asked Varrel before because he was pretty sure he would be the only one even vaguely interested in accompanying him to speak with such a high-ranking noble personage. Una hates all nobility, Shakhan would be bored {there would be no violence} and Hytogg did not like Ashe so... only Varrel. But that was all before you new players, so come along if you will. You might want to post a reaction to the arrival at the Academae before we move on. Plus, you can buy your magic items there... though not the divine scrolls likely.


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Ashe, since you be going to magic place, can be buying knacks for air under water? Scroll of power be scroll of power. Source matter not.

If he agrees Gronk gives Ashe the 750 gps to purchase 2 scrolls of water breathing.

Gronk be happy to join Una. Self not be having other plans for today. Sadly Groteus shrine not much attended.
Who is Orisini? What is visit purpose?
Will have later time to purchase suggested water gear?

Gronk leaves with Una on her errand.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Gronk de'Morcaine wrote:

Ashe, since you be going to magic place, can be buying knacks for air under water? Scroll of power be scroll of power. Source matter not.

If he agrees Gronk gives Ashe the 750 gps to purchase 2 scrolls of water breathing.

Gronk be happy to join Una. Self not be having other plans for today. Sadly Groteus shrine not much attended.
Who is Orisini? What is visit purpose?
Will have later time to purchase suggested water gear?

Gronk leaves with Una on her errand.

Ashe will accept the coin with some surprise at the trust of the Half-Orc Cleric, but will smile and promise to make the purchases returning with a receipt so he may be reimbursed by the marshal.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Yes of course, I imagine there are a few hours of daylight left. We might even be able to stop by the Harbormaster on the way and see what time tomorrow's low tide will be."

She folds up the map that Ashe has drawn and puts it with her map kit, then heads out of the citadel.

"Orisini is a member of the gentry, or the nobility. I'm not sure which. Ashe is himself a member of the nobility, and if all nobles were like him, I'm not sure I could bear living in this town. But there are some who have more sense and less of an urge for drama than other nobles. Vencarlo is more of that type of noble. Someone who knows how to get things done, discreetly. And, I think, also someone who understands my perspective a little when it comes to the Queen here."

Una looks around carefully to make sure they are not being followed.
Perception (20)
20 + 9 = 29

"Tread carefully in this town, Gronk. There are those who wish to impose a rather ridiculous amount of order on it, and they are not kind or polite while doing so."


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1
Ashe wrote:
"When this is done it will be about time to check in on the sick lass Brienna Soldado and I'd like to also visit the Bank of Abadar to see what fortunes Ishani Dhatri has accomplished in obtaining his Temple's support."

"Here, sir Ashe, I'd like to contribute for a scroll of water breathing as well. Also, if you don't mind, may we meet up with you later to visit the sick lass? I haven't seen any of the plague victims yet and would like to check on her condition."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Kayla Adrianas wrote:
Ashe wrote:
"When this is done it will be about time to check in on the sick lass Brienna Soldado and I'd like to also visit the Bank of Abadar to see what fortunes Ishani Dhatri has accomplished in obtaining his Temple's support."
"Here, sir Ashe, I'd like to contribute for a scroll of water breathing as well. Also, if you don't mind, may we meet up with you later to visit the sick lass? I haven't seen any of the plague victims yet and would like to check on her condition."

{Reply in Retro}

Ashe will smile and step over to Kayla crouching down again to speak to her eye to eye out of politeness, "Of course milady, I will see to your purchases and return with a receipt so you may be reimbursed. Also the wisdom of the 'Eternal Rose's' servant would be greatly appreciated in treating the malady! I have several places to go and you and your bodyguard, Mister Icabod, are welcome to accompany Varrel and I if you have no other pressing matters. I will also be consulting with the only other cleric to have examined the young lass' condition - Ishani Dhatri of the 'Master of the First Vault'. He went to inform his Bank of the threat of the infected silver coins in hopes of arresting their trafficking in the city... if there are more in circulation than we know of."

* I understand not everyone can post a response to the flurry of posts so I'll reply to each in retro as needed.


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod rolls his eyes a little when called 'Master'.

I have no problem going with the rest of you to get some items to go swimming. I'll be buying a potion so I can go down with ya.


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

"We were assigned to assist you as needed, so the rest of our duties have been suspended for now. Though I hope you two don't mind that I can't walk quite as fast as you do."

Kayla is fairly quiet during the trips, taking in the sights of the city. She is rather fascinated by all the available creature for familiars at the Academae looking about at them all while Varrel searches for a familiar.


Shakhan grunts towards Icabhod: "Come with me if you want, I know a couple of places with good potions."

Sense Motive DC 1:

Bluff, hinting 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Shakhan knows some reliable and discrete potion sellers, but primarily he's thinking of "potions" in the form of alcoholic beverages.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Kayla Adrianas wrote:

"We were assigned to assist you as needed, so the rest of our duties have been suspended for now. Though I hope you two don't mind that I can't walk quite as fast as you do."

Kayla is fairly quiet during the trips, taking in the sights of the city. She is rather fascinated by all the available creature for familiars at the Academae looking about at them all while Varrel searches for a familiar.

{Reply in Retro}

Ashe smiles, "Your company is well appreciated as yours Mister Icabod. Your stature will be no burden, milady."

Once outside Ashe will offer to lift Kayla to ride in 'Redhoof's' saddle while he leads the roan-colored mare by the reins.

Icabhod2 wrote:

Icabhod rolls his eyes a little when called 'Master'.

I have no problem going with the rest of you to get some items to go swimming. I'll be buying a potion so I can go down with ya.

Master? :)


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod looks a little puzzled at Shakhan. Well if you do that would be fine. Kayla, you mind if I heads off with Shakhan?


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Ah Lady Una, self have seen others hold rules above good. Is being sadness. Order for betterness be worthwhile but not usual. Order without purpose be waste time, waste effort.


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

{retro}

Kayla is more than happy to allow Ashe to lift her up into 'Redhoof's' saddle. "I feel so tall up here. I've never ridden on a full sized horse before."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Icabhod2 wrote:
Icabhod looks a little puzzled at Shakhan. Well if you do that would be fine. Kayla, you mind if I heads off with Shakhan?

{Retro}

Ashe nods to Icabod, "You have no need to be concerned for your lady's safety. I Promise, we shall allow no harm to befall her."

To Kayla, "Redhoof has an easy smooth gait... she will not let you fall. Not let us beon our way... I see Varrel is eager."

{End Retro}


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una nods as she passes through the streets, a few paces ahead of Gronk so it does not seem like they are traveling together. She turns back and continues the conversation every once in a while, so it is apparent she is listening.

"Order for betterness? A rarity. I've always found that the best way was to allow things to simply flow: people, happiness, money. Order is like someone putting a dam in the river, trying to control that flow, when it obviously is already following some direction, just not one imposed on it by governments or by those who impose laws and rules on society."

She pauses to check down a street, jumping slightly ahead, then returns a moment or two later.

"I wonder if after Groetus' ending, the flow will still exist, or if it will be replaced by something else. I find it difficult to see something else entirely as the movements I am speaking of have been observed over most of my lifetime. People behave in certain ways, whether or not governments and economies are affecting them. After this world has ended, will they act the same ways?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Busy whilst I was asleep again, hey? Right, let's try and sort everything out!

1. At the Academae: [Ashe, Varrel, Shakhan, Kayla & Ichabod]

Ashe goes in search of Dean Heresta Tarlan. He is directed to a cavernous hall in which she is conducting a charm laboratory class. Several harassed-looking students are struggling with the task set, and for some reason several large bright green toads are hopping around. It seems, however, that she is very good at multitasking, hardly missing a beat as she corrects a student's pronunciation of his spell verbals whilst listening to your request... and with a smile saying "It would make an interesting demonstration for the senior class... if you can leave the sword with me it will be ready by dawn tomorrow."

The other purchases requested can be made as indicated, Varrel attending to the 'commission' items for other party members while Ashe is busy chatting up Dean Tarlan. He's quite burdened with scrolls and the like by the time he's done!

The two non-magic-users (Shakhan & Ichabod) are getting quite bemused by all the bewildering activity in the Academae yard. Fortunately Shakhan spots the welcome sight of an inn sign - The Apprentice's Potion - across the street. Perhaps it is a bit full of student wizards, and pots of ale get levitated and otherwise messed around with a bit too much for his taste, but at least he can slake his thirst there!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

2. Visiting Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin: [Ashe & Kayla]

As usual, the Endrin Military Academy is a hive of activity, bewildering to the non-military mind. After a short wait, Commandant Endrin can see the group. He is standing at a sandtable in his spacious study, looking at a model - it appears that senior Sable Company recruits have been wargaming an assault on the Grand Mastaba.

"Ah, Ashericke ma'boy! Good to see you. Come in, come in. Introduce me to your friend, do! Wine?"

He fusses around, paying particular attention to Kayla and addressing her as 'Mi'Lady' as he seats her and offers a goblet of a white sparkling wine.

RP away, Ashe... the politics can get quite interesting if you are that way inclined!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

3. Visiting Vencarlo Orisini: [Una & Gronk]

The pair of you make your way to 16 Hillcrest Street, near the centre of Old Korvosa. You are a bit surprised by the number of Korvosan Guard patrols that you see, they seem to be looking for something (or someone), checking alleys and outbuildings. At the Academy, a sign hanging from the front door reads, 'Classes Cancelled Today.' A few moments after you arrive, even before you have time to knock on the Academy’s front door, a serious-looking Vencarlo appears and ushers them inside.

"M'lady Una," he sweeps one of his characteristic bows and kisses her hand, yet his usual exuberance seems missing. "A pleasure to welcome you... and your companion?" He nods to Gronk, making him welcome also. Both of you are certain that he's worried about something.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

4. In search of, er, potions: [Shakhan & Ichabod]

Will The Apprentice's Potion do you, Shakhan, or would the pair of you prefer a more congenial watering-hole for a couple of fighting men? Ichabod knows of one a couple of streets away, The Right Arm, which is popular with the mercenary crowd. Can be quite good if you are a sellsword in search of work, a corner of the main taproom serves as a hiring hall.


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod looked about the taproom that was filled with wizard-types. Even though he never attended a school like this, his innate ability to understand magic let him pick out details, words spoken, how gestures wove magic into spells. He smirked, The Academy thinks they have magic all wrapped up, HA! Like to see how they survive without their books.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Megan Robertson wrote:

2. Visiting Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin: [Ashe & Kayla]

As usual, the Endrin Military Academy is a hive of activity, bewildering to the non-military mind. After a short wait, Commandant Endrin can see the group. He is standing at a sandtable in his spacious study, looking at a model - it appears that senior Sable Company recruits have been wargaming an assault on the Grand Mastaba.

"Ah, Ashericke ma'boy! Good to see you. Come in, come in. Introduce me to your friend, do! Wine?"

He fusses around, paying particular attention to Kayla and addressing her as 'Mi'Lady' as he seats her and offers a goblet of a white sparkling wine.

RP away, Ashe... the politics can get quite interesting if you are that way inclined!

Varrel stood to the rear, seemingly having escaped the notice of Ashe's uncle.

Personally knows Bishop d'Bear, skilled sailor and alchemist, now the nephew of the Sable Company Commander, so connected. I must remember to ask Ashe if he has perhaps bedded the queen.
LOL!!

Happy to finally find himself a little more relaxed around high company, he leans against the wall waiting for the pleasantries to finish and Ashe to state his purpose in coming here. They already had a mission and a small matter of a budding plague to take care of. Worthy as Ashe's venture may be, Varrel felt they had more dire concerns. He would humor is young friend at least.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Megan Robertson wrote:

Busy whilst I was asleep again, hey? Right, let's try and sort everything out!

1. At the Academae: [Ashe, Varrel, Shakhan, Kayla & Ichabod]

Ashe goes in search of Dean Heresta Tarlan. He is directed to a cavernous hall in which she is conducting a charm laboratory class. Several harassed-looking students are struggling with the task set, and for some reason several large bright green toads are hopping around. It seems, however, that she is very good at multitasking, hardly missing a beat as she corrects a student's pronunciation of his spell verbals whilst listening to your request... and with a smile saying "It would make an interesting demonstration for the senior class... if you can leave the sword with me it will be ready by dawn tomorrow."

The other purchases requested can be made as indicated, Varrel attending to the 'commission' items for other party members while Ashe is busy chatting up Dean Tarlan. He's quite burdened with scrolls and the like by the time he's done!

Ashe is grateful for Dean Tarlan's amenable attitude, the matronly is a little homely Dean of Enchantment having... as she has so often with her many students charmed his heart without so much as a incantation.

"Thank you milady, Mistress of Enchantress - Dean Tarlen. I am most grateful!"

Ashe unbuckles Dauntless Heart from his weaponbelt, the ornate rose & leaf patterned hilt and crossguard gleaming.

He adds one final word of detail, "...just so you know Dean Tarlen it is a consecrated weapon containing a charge of Positive Divine Energy and is possessed of a celestial spirit that is bound divinely to me. I only mention it so your enchantments have no unexpected complications for your efforts."[/b]

With that he relinquishes the blade to her care.

Dean Heresta Tarlen - Human (LN, female, Wizard{Enchanter} 11)
- [i]Academy of Secrets, p. 30


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

To Una before arrival.

Some order seem needed. No hurt other. No steal bracelet. These things be sense and make bette.
But others... No sir on name you no hunt here. All be standing near important me. Rule not protect poor you. These be useless. Sadness see so many make effort be better for none.

After arrival.

Sir, self be thanking you for welcome.
Seems be troubled times. Share troubles?

Gronk is trying to determine what is up with all the activity and nervousness. Perception or Sense Motive check, whichever seems more appropriate.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una allows herself the opportunity to breathe once the door closes behind them.

"Yes, the Korvosan Guard seems a little overactive. If they are searching for a certain someone who may or may not have been about to be executed at the hands of a person who may or may not have been the Queen, they will probably be searching for a long time. Of course, that is part of what I have come to talk to you today about. And I am sure that Asherick Whiteplume will be along as well to reiterate it, Master Orisini."

She paces nervously for a moment or two. Then continues, charging ahead before Orisini can answer Gronk.

"I hope you'll forgive my rudeness... but I feel it is imperative for me to tell you why I have come. We were not followed, and I do not think the Korvosan Guard noticed anything unusual about us. But we are beholden to a secret, as many are in these dark times. A person who may or may not be the Gay Beagle, or something like that... is known to us. No wait... Gray Eagle. That was it. So we are faced with the care and keeping of a certain charge."

She pauses to see if there is a response as yet.

Megan, two questions. Did Una find out about the tide thing from the Harbormaster (or was that in a different direction)? And can we use the Mythic Adventure playtest?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Megan Robertson wrote:

2. Visiting Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin: [Ashe & Kayla]

As usual, the Endrin Military Academy is a hive of activity, bewildering to the non-military mind. After a short wait, Commandant Endrin can see the group. He is standing at a sandtable in his spacious study, looking at a model - it appears that senior Sable Company recruits have been wargaming an assault on the Grand Mastaba.

"Ah, Ashericke ma'boy! Good to see you. Come in, come in. Introduce me to your friend, do! Wine?"

He fusses around, paying particular attention to Kayla and addressing her as 'Mi'Lady' as he seats her and offers a goblet of a white sparkling wine.

RP away, Ashe... the politics can get quite interesting if you are that way inclined!

Ashe is a little uncomfortable he does not always visit his 'uncle' knowing he is a busy man. Though in truth Marcus Endrin is not Ashe's actual uncle... but Ashe has always been treated by him as such and has always called him 'uncle'. To be exact Ashes Grandfather had three sons, one of those sons had a daughter and she a son Ashe's Father. 'Uncle' Endrin was the son of the son of the eldest son and the actual inheritor of the Endrin line. Marcus is Lord Endrin of House Endrin... Ashe was more of a third removed cousin and with the tension between the main line of Endrins with Ashe's grandfather when his father married below his station a Varisian merchant's daughter.. Ashe was not all that welcome around the main Endrin line until his grandfather's death some years ago. Mostly the tensions had faded and he and his mother were more accepted... but Ashe remembered in his child youth when it was not so cordial by far!

"Greetings 'uncle', its nice to see you as well... I'm sorry I do not visit more but I know you are so busy and have little time for idle chatter from an adventuring nephew. Yes, please some wine would be nice... right about now."

Walking over Ashe gives his uncle a brief embrace at the arms smiling at his highly admired uncle.

Turning, "Let me introduce you to my companions, Varrel an elven Magus and mercenary, and 'Lady' Kayla Adrianas a halfling cleric of the church of the 'Perfect & Eternal Rose' Shelyn."

He sighs, "I'm afraid my purpose here is not a mere social call uncle. There are dire plots being hatched with the city and you have the position and power perhaps to forestall them that I felt you should know the what our party of has discovered - Varrel can verify what I speak of."

"As you know recently our King was killed... some would say Assassinated. The Queen many weeks later called for the arrest of one Trina Sabor naming her as the culprit who poisoned the king, her being identified by a castle guardsman as a conspirator in the plot. This guardsman conspirator had also somehow escaped and committed suicide casting himself from the battlements of Castle Korvosa. I had thought this was ... terribly convenient at first but truth can be stranger than fiction."

"I an my party were Asked by Field Marshal Cressida Kroft to help quell the violence and riots that were threatening to destabilize the city due to the unpopularity of her Royal Highness. We were also asked to apprehend Trina Sabor and find out her part in the King's Assassination."

"Well we found the young woman and she was terribly afraid and direly professing her innocence. She was a painter by profession and had been commissioned by King Eodred to paint his portrait. It is well established King Eodred's fondness for young pretty women... though Trina claimed the king never made any overt advances on her person and was seemingly charmed simply by her kindness, sweet disposition and none too small beauty. But she claimed she had no desire to harm the king in anyway... and she had been sharing the payment he had been giving her for her services with the people of her neighborhood in fact. A fact we did confirm."

"Well I convinced my companions that if this woman was indeed possibly innocent it would only allow the true assassin an easier chance to escape if she should be accused and brought to trail. Plus with the anger of the city it might not matter if she was innocent in the fervor of the populous so riled up! So I suggested we needed to confirm her innocence or guilt by an unquestionable source so that effort would not be wasted chasing the true assassin."

"We apprehended her and took her to Bishop Keppira d’Bear. I had never met the Bishop until then but was blessed with the good fortune of her amiableness when I told her acolytes that a matter involving the Crimson Throne was involved. Trina was questioned under a Discern Lies miracle by the bishop herself directly and revealed that in truth she did not have anything to do with the murder of the king and that the guardsman who had accused her she only knew in passing in that he made several overt advances at the pretty young woman."

Ashe fidgeted slightly now he was going out on a limb and hoped his trust in his uncle was well founded...

"Here is where things get dark. We had the bishop write a writ to Queen informing her of the questioning of Trina Sabor and that confirmation swearing to her innocence and a request to have the guardsman's body given over to the Bishop so it could be questioned with a speak with dead miracle to learn why he lied in life to accuse Trina Sabor."

"We felt it prudent to leave Trina in the sanctuary of Pharasma to keep her safe while we dealt with another indecent that threatened to destabilize Korvosa hunting down the criminal Necromancer Ryloth who had taken the corpse of a highly respected Shaonti warrior brave that might have spelled war with the barbarian tribes had it not been recovered."

"On our return we learned that the Bishop's letters and request had been ignored and in fact... the Queen had announced that Trina had been apprehended and was to be executed that very night!"

"But we were with the real Trina still in the sanctuary of Pharasma and the bishop told us no one not even a messenger from Castle Korvosa had arrived to even question or ask for her extradition to the Queen's hand."

"Something underhanded was indeed going on. Marshal Kroft sent word for us to met her and discuss the matter - when we told her she was deeply disturbed as we were. Why would the Queen refuse to acknowledge the Bishop's personal missive and then claim to have a Trina in custody to execute?"

Ashe deeply sighs {Nothing to it but to hope my faith is well grounded}

"I have always held the principles of honor, justice and truth of the Endrin family heritage close to my heart as my father before him. I could not stand by an let a innocent be executed or another innocent woman's name be so viciously slurred! I took action ... I'm sure you have heard of the events of the night of the execution.
I am the Greyeagle."

"I arranged to get the fake Trina also to the Bishop and had her questioned under discern lies as well. I learned she was indeed NOT Trina Sabor but a woman named Sephira, a pickpocket from out of town who was picked up plying her trade in the vegetable market about a week ago - never killed anyone for any reason before. She claimed she had been abducted days before and had no memory of anything occurring since. Sephira had not only been drugged someone had cast a feeblemind spell upon her as well! Someone did not want her to tell... or be able to tell what had happened to her. She vaguely recalls being in a cell somewhere before loosing all sense of memory."

Ashe walks to the window and looking out at the practice yard as the Marine recruits are put through there paces letting his words sink in.

He sighs, "I think the threat is implicit Uncle... I know not what the Queen is plotting or why she has taken the actions she has... but she may be a threat to Korvosa. If she would use such underhanded methods and magic... right or wrong to sooth her wounded pride over a simple girl whose only crime was to have earned the king's kind favor.. what other manner of underhanded vile deeds will she resort to to get her way in court?"

"Such a person should NOT be on the Crimson Throne or the people of Korvosa will suffer! I do not mean that the Queen should be openly rebelled against but that her proclivities should be closely watched... and YOU uncle as the Master of the Sable Company - and not subject to her orders, should be the one to do just that! As the Sable Company, if she is deemed unworthy of the throne by Seneschal Neolandus Kalepopolis, will be the ones tasked to remove her from the throne!"

Turning back to face his uncle his frosty eyes now burning with a an inner fire of zeal, "Then there is the Question of what really happened to our king! Should not Queen Illeosa be seeking the true assassin... of her husband and King? Why the hurry to get someone... seemingly ANYONE executed? Her efforts assuming they were to garner support for her throne are in effect letting the real assassin get away! Surely... she MUST realize this?!? Why is she NOT seeking the Assassin?"


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko stirs at Ashe's shoulder waking from his cat nap and deciding the prowling paladin is not the best perch.

Noticing the pretty halfling he flutters over to land on the head of her chair to nuzzle her soft chestnut colored hair trying to elicit a scratch in return.

His telepathic voice purring in her mind, {Hello, I'm Majenko... will pretty woman child be part of the adventuring group with Ashe, Elf Varrel and noisy Chatterbeak?}


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

Thanking Commandant Endrin for the glass of wine, Kayla takes a seat and sips at her drink while Ashe begins talking. Listening in rapt attention, it finally dawns on Kayla that there is a lot more going on than just the plague that she was sent to help with.

When the little dragon flutters over to her chair and begins nuzzling her hair, Kayla smiles at him and scratches him on his head.

Starting a bit by the telepathic contact when he "speaks" to her, Kayla whispers back: "Yes, I suppose I am joining the group. My name is Kayla and you are absolutely adorable."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel's relaxed feelings disappear as Ashe lays out pretty much everything.
Gods! Ashe, I hope you trust this man with your life...


Shakhan doesn't mind the parlor tricks - they don't serve a function other than to entertain, and that is just fine by him. He gets himself and Icabhod a flagon of frothy mead then seats himself at a convenient table. His dark expression almost immediately clears any other occupant at the table, so he and Icabhod have it to themselves.

Shakhan pushes the drink to his table partner. "hrmph. 'spology. Don't like magic much," he declares, without expanding on that.


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod sips at the mead. Not surprising, considering this bunch. Icabhod indicates the academy students. Academy is well known in the city. Buncha bastards who see it as a point of pride to kill off half of new students.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Visiting Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin: [Ashe, Kayla & Varrel]

Abject apologies, Varrel, for omitting you in the last post!

My Lord Edrin listens to Ashe's discourse with growing amazement although he doesn't interrupt.

"My boy, these are grave matters and ones unwise to noise abroad. I trust you have not spoken thus to others, especially those obligated to the Queen."

He gets up and starts to pace around.

"I have to ask you this: do you believe that you have acted in the best interests of Korvosa?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Visiting Vencarlo Orisini: [Una & Gronk]

Orisini is quite taken aback by Una's words.

"Ah... I had been wondering... it was, I had thought, a time for Blackjack to reappear... but it seems that another stepped up to the challenge before I.. before he could take action. It is a relief that the girl is safe, this Miss Sabor. Evidece of guilt was lacking, due process of law not followed, a dreadful business."

Gronk, it seems to you that 'Blackjack' is a name of great significance to the flamboyant swordsman.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In search of, er, potions: [Shakhan & Ichabod]

Are you two content to sit and drink, or do you want to do anything else?


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod finishes his drink. Much obliged for the drink. I'm going to head out and get that potion for when we start swimming. So where should we all meet up?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Megan Robertson wrote:

Visiting Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin: [Ashe, Kayla & Varrel]

Abject apologies, Varrel, for omitting you in the last post!

My Lord Edrin listens to Ashe's discourse with growing amazement although he doesn't interrupt.

"My boy, these are grave matters and ones unwise to noise abroad. I trust you have not spoken thus to others, especially those obligated to the Queen."

He gets up and starts to pace around.

"I have to ask you this: do you believe that you have acted in the best interests of Korvosa?"

Ashe walks over to the tray of offered wine finally availing himself an a offered glass. Swallowing down half his glass before answering.

"No uncle, I have spoken to none of this... though I suspect Field Marshal Kroft might have strong suspicions. But she knows we have Miss Sabor in our custody and has made no attempt to inform the queen's agents - she seemed quite pleased by the results of the night of the execution - though 'of course' she pointed out that her opinions as a subject of the Queen cannot be voiced publicly. I believe she is trustworthy. Also, Bishop d'Bear knows we have Trina AND Sephira... in fact she is in collusion with our actions, but she seems no better inclined to inform the Queen either. Most believe that perhaps 'Blackjack' had chosen to make an new appearance. But no, I have not openly admitted to being the Greyeagle to either of them... but I'm sure they suspect so if not already know."

"I need to get both the young ladies out of Korvosa, Field Marshal Kroft mentioned a Vencarlo Orisini as a reliable and trustworthy man who would help protect the interests of Korvosa's people should there be a need. I was considering asking him to help spirit the two young women from the city... he would 'out of honor' have to be told for the risk he would take on should he chose to assist..."

He pauses before answering further, finishing his wine and considering the question solemnly.

"Lord Endrin, I have always sought only to act in-behalf of the people of Korvosa's best interests. I have no monopoly of wisdom... but it seemed a simple case of stand for what is right and oppose what is false... or do nothing. There was never any thought of my personal gain or fame in my actions only the triumph of justice and truth. I revealed my deeds to you for I know you are a impeccable man of strong conviction and moral fiber... and YOU would judge fairly. I am still a loyal citizen and subject of the Crown and the Crimson Throne... but a noble's first duty is to the people they govern and if you deem I should... I will turn myself in!"

Commandant Marcus Thalassinus Endrin - Human (LG, male, aristocrat 1 / Ranger 13)
- Guide to Korvosa, p. 62


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel listened with great interest at the exchange. Ashe's uncle, it seemed had a better understanding of subtlety and consequences than the young paladin. And Varrel had discovered someone whom Ashe TRULY was humble before.

Turning yourself in might serve less purpose than staying free. For what it's worth before your Uncle's opinion, Ashe. Your actions have not been without merit, just rash. As a paladin you are dedicated to justice and good. The law does not always allow for that. Submitting yourself before the queen not only seemingly gives legitimacy to her rule, for what other conclusion could the people come to when a paladin of all things submits to a death sentence, but you further strengthen her grasp by removing one of the few people in the city with will and means to oppose her.

He comes forward and lays a hand on Ashe's shoulder as the boy stands before his uncle.
Good or evil, actions taken without considered thought have unforeseen consequences. You have erred in your methods, not your intent. Do not abandon our group and the fight. Merely fight smarter. Una is a sound strategist and her goals align with yours. Work with her and US. I promise you'll achieve far more as part of this team than on your own.

He looks at the commander.
We have just met sir, so you cannot have a sound opinion of me. I can tell you after a century in bondage to house Thrune I have seen first hand the pain that can be inflicted by overexhuberant youth. I can say that Ashe is young, brash and though he does not know it, is possessed of a personal pride that puts him at odds with people of lower standing. How can one not have pride in a line that has sired men of renown like yourself. These are I believe flaws in his Character. But in my time with him I have seen enormous potential, combat prowess and a purer heart than in any man I have ever known. Unlike some, I think in terms of what your nephew COULD become. I ask that you consider the same before you speak your advice to him. If he turns himself in, then all the good this young man would do for Korvosa would be undone.

Thankful for being allowed to speak, Varrel stood back for the commanders decision.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una nods.

"Blackjack? I heard the name rumored a few times. They thought the Grey Eagle was Blackjack. Perhaps it is time to find Blackjack and arrange a... transfer of responsibility. I am almost certain that this Blackjack has more resources available to him than the Grey Eagle. Asherick will be along a little later to discuss that, I think. And if Blackjack is interested in taking on the case, I might have something of use for him."

3,301 to 3,350 of 6,034 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.