Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


3,251 to 3,300 of 6,056 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una starts a little at the sight of the half-orc, not really expecting him to be there.

"Ah... Hello. You have some business with the Marshall? Who is Groteus?"

Its okay for now, at least you're not putting Groteus' name in all caps.


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Gronk addresses Una.

Was asked to come. Know not why.
Groteus be Lord of joyous ending of all. If Lady Marshal be busy, self will be happy to bring you the message of Groteus.

Gronk turns to the Marshal.

What is, do we have time to instruct this human female in the good news?


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

A rather homely, scruffy man walks in behind Kayla. He is unarmored but has a mace at his side and is looking around a bit warily.

Never thought I would be in a place like this and not be in chains. Better let Kayla handle the talking right now.


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

Having been escorted to the building by the guardsmen, Kayla now enters the office right ahead of Icabhod and presents herself and him to Field Marshal Kroft.

"Good day to you sir. I was instructed to report to you by my Archpriest and to assist in any way that I can. My name is Kayla Adrianas and this my companion Icabhod."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Una Therlmagne wrote:

"With his goddess' blessing, Ashe was capable of seeing through some of the dark clouds that surround this event. He has succeeding in identifying the disease that may even now be spreading through Old Korvosa."

Never one for long speeches, Una looks over at Ashe as though waiting for him to report.

"We've decided to make for the sunk ship itself, and see what we can find out, but we need potions of water breathing or something to enable us to reach the ship."

Ashe lashes 'Redhoof's' reins to the hitching post in the training yard and follows everyone inside to Marshal Kroft's office.

He listens to Una's preamble gathering his thoughts at her invitation he reports, "Ma'am, Marshal Kroft... our city is under attack by persons unknown. The ship that was sunk last night had onboard it a chest of silver shields {coins}... and we are not sure if it is the only chest at that! But the coins within were treated in some infernal fashion with magic both powerful and evil to contaminate the coins with a contact plague... a specifically and maliciously concocted disease modified from an obscure existing malady - an unnatural disease that first came into being deep under Foxglove Manor, on Varisia's coast. We have spent all this morning tracking down those coins as they were discovered by a young lass in Trail's End. The plague is highly virulent and its onset is nothing short of villainously short. This plague is not natural but was ... manufactured, of this my goddess has made it firmly clear! Someone is trying to spread a disease in Korvosa. We cannot be certain we found all the coins nor that there are not additional chests spreading this sickness. We have already informed a local priest of Abadar, Ishani Dahtri of the church of Abadar - to inform the bankers of the 'Master of the First Vault', to be on the watch for these coins... they are not of Korvosan minting. But we will not be certain of the depth of this threat until we have investigated the sunken ship."

Kno {Religion}: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

As the new guests make their arrival Ashe listens to their introductions and his eyes go a little wide at Gronk's professed worship of... of ALL things Groetus! Ashe having had many violent dealings with those same said cultists working as a Pathfinder!

In answer to Una's question, "Groetus, is the God of the End Times... supposedly. His worshipers tend to try to hurry along the end of the world in a ... attempt to end all that is to make way for the new world... supposedly. Though none of them can say if that world will be better as none of us, by their dogma, should or will be alive to see it! The god tends to incite his followers to bring untimely and tragic end to the lives of those around them. The Pathfinders have clashed... many times with them. Their goals are.. to be polite.. unfathomable."

There is a level of tension and yes - indeed mistrust as the young paladin not-so-subtly bristles at the presence of Gronk a follower of such a diametrical deity of hopelessness and the end of all society... {something Iomedaen worshipers are swore to defend and protect against at the cost of their lives if need be} making himself known at THIS specific time and place! His expression is calm.. but his eyes are wary.

With an effort he turns his eyes away from Gronk and smiles gently if somewhat strained to Kayla and he bows very deeply out of respect of her diminutive stature, "Greetings Milady Adrianas, Servant of the Eternal Rose, I bid thee welcome most favored from the 'Sword of the Inheritor'! These are indeed... grim times and all those who stand for love and the pursuit of freedom & justice needs be to stand together! Our thanks, to the clergy of the 'Perfect Rose Maiden!'"

Nodding a polite greeting to the man with her Ashe is not sure due to his somewhat drab attire what his purpose is and just assumes he is an assigned bodyguard for the Halfing Cleric.

Addressing him "And well-met to you too sir, Icabod. Rest assured your charge will be well protected if she decides to keep our company."

His expression is one of genuine greeting but his eyes keep drifting to Gronk uncertain of his presence at all...

At Ashe's shoulders a amethyst colored psuedo-dragon with its stinger-tipped tail wrapped tightly around Ashe's upper-arm stirs and lazily casts a gaze over the newcomers his wings fluttering somewhat in agitation at all of Ashe's moment. He chirps in slight curiosity but eventually puts his head back down for his cat nap preening slightly and shifting his position to a more secure perch.


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod nods to Ashe. Afternoon. I am Kayla's bodyguard I suppose since she requested I come along with her to this meeting.

Icabhod is wary of Gronk after what Ashe has said. The heck? We got ourselves some kind of nut that wants everything to burn? Best not let him at my back.


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

Though Kayla noticed the cleric of Groetus, her attention has now become focused on Ashe and his pet. "It is quite a pleasure to meet you sir. I would ask you for both your name and that of your lovely little friend. He is most adorable, wherever did you find him?" Oh, I would adore such a little pet.

Not only is it a little dragon, but it is a purple little dragon. Oh so very cute.

Somewhat belatedly, Phaedra realizes the import of what the man with the little dragon said. "Excuse me sir, are you saying that someone not only created the horrible plague that people are suffering from but is spreading it? Why would anyone do such a horrid thing?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe is... a little embarrassed at his oversight. He crouches down to her height, out of politeness, so she can get a good look at his sleeping scaly companion and met her eye to eye.

"Ah.. my apologies at my oversight milady, I am 'sir' {Lieut.} Asherick Whiteplume-Stolyarev, sometimes called the 'Grey Knight'. 'Ashe' will do. My sleeping companion is 'Majenko'. We rescued him from his imprisonment at the hands of one Devargo Bravasi, once called the 'Spider King'. He ran the dive of debauchery named 'Eel's End' at the docks of Old Korvosa. Devargo had been feeding his underworld rivals and perhaps none-to-few innocents to his pet Ettercap, 'Chittersnap' in the bowels of his decrepit flotsam of lashed together shipwrecks run as a Gambling Hall, Inn, Drug Pallor and Brothel all in one. He was arrested and Majenko freed. Majenko has been a valuable fellow adventurer with us since. He is my friend... and yes I feel he is... A wonder as well... 'but don't let him hear that ... he's terribly vain...'", he adds with a smile and a twinkle in his frosty eyes.

In response Majenko cracks open a darkly amber colored eye and sticks his tongue out at Ashe briefly before emitting a offended chirping huff as he goes back to his nap.

On closer inspection of the little dragon he is actually wearing a set of specially crafted leather and finely made... 'barding', for lack of a better description! All the buckles and metal fasteners are shined and well polished to a perfect glint. A tiny adventurer's belt with many pouches adorns his waist - small enough for his miniature talons to manipulate and stow the many 'shinys' he hordes and loves.

Ashe remarks,"Majenko's been doing a lot of flying today and last night... he naps like this almost 7 times a day..."

At her sinking understanding of the situation Ashe looks her in the eye and ponders briefly, "Some beings do not value the lives of others... as we do... there is not always a reason or a purpose... indeed... 'Some beings merely want to see the world burn.'"

Then he stands tall his demeanor serious and determined... certain, "But do not despair.. fair one! We will not yield nor flee... We will find those responsible. We WILL stop them... whatever their twisted reasons! And we WILL bring them to Justice!!"


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Gronk address Ashe with a look of genuine regret.

Ah, sowerful it is Sir Lieutenant Askerict Whitpliem-Stolriveeve. {he stammers through the attempt, but butchers the name.} Belike self heard of and seen same misguided folks that call them selves followers of Groteus. Self am teaching misguided truth of error when able. {sigh} Few listen and rest must needs stopped.
End be coming. Portents show. No doubt. Can not be stopped. Also can not be hurried. Time is time. Not before, not after. Some hear message of end without hearing joy, despair. Some hear not good news, madness. Is tribulation. Groteus call none to destroy. Groteus need not - notice not - puny mortal help.
Ending times are for repentance not aggression. Goal to make better for all in now. If self is good enough be part of new after end of nothing. That is joy. That is good news. All have chance be part of perfect new if show self purity.

Am hoping some of these few be understanding the good news of the message. Is never likely, but one must hope.

After a pause to collect his thoughts and change subjects, Gronk turns back to the Marshal.

Searching sunken vessel be challenge, but not undoable. Wreck size is what? Muchness of water over wreck is what?
Self can help one other besides to arrive and breathe in wreck. If other help find proper knacks, can take more. Number more depends on knacks found. Can city supply or help find knacks?

If you didn't catch that, I can cast 2 water breathing, a fly, and a levitate each day. With enough scrolls, I can get easily get us all down there and functioning for upto 10 hours. That is hoping nothing down there traps or casts dispel magic on us.


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

What is Gronk talking about when he speaks of finding proper knacks?

"Sir Ashe, please forgive if I'm asking questions that have already been answered, but I've only just arrived. Has anyone located the owner of the ship and questioned him about his cargo and from whence it came?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel smiles at the newcomers as the possibilities dawn on him.
Two clerics would prove useful. If I take your meaning Gronk, it seems we may be able to work together. By knacks , i take it you mean scrolls and potions? Unless the Marshall has a more urgent mission for the benefit of the population's safety, we may be able to find the ship's original start point at least. Though stopping the disease's spread would be my first priority. Hope fully our actions today helped, but honestly, were I wanting to spread a plague Would use multiple points of insertion. This ship may not have been the only carrier, merely the most obvious.
Do you have any more urgent concerns, Marshall? Or if enough is being done, your aid in getting us to that ship would be appreciated.


Shakhan eyes Icabhod. Then - for what passes as subtlety for him - puts a testing hand on the man's shoulder. When he withdraws it again, a second or two later, Shakhan grunts a little disparagingly, "What manner of bodyguard are you? One of those strange fellows, monks? Hyah! with the fists?"


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod looks at the hand and then at Shakhan. This some kind of machismo thing? and shrugs.

Well i know a little about how to use weapons and such, never was one to start swining my fists but I can use a mace. Plus a little magic as well.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una leans back, crossing her arms over her chests, and takes everything in.

"Ah, well it seems you all met each other. Asherick Whiteplume, the towering epitome of verbosity meet this follower of Groteus, whose words are quite often in the incorrect order."

Una winks at the half orc. "No offense to you; it suits you well. Particularly as you serve a deity of the ending world, and of madness if I remember correctly. I hope you will not object overly much if I call you a deconstructionist."

"Your offer of spells and such... Knacks, I believe you called them, is greatly appreciated. You have my thanks. Believe me when I tell you we will need them."

She asks Marshall Kroft for a tactical map of the city, if such a thing exists.

"Is anyone here good at drawing?"


Magic?! Shakhan fully withdraws his hand now, quite quickly. His face is a turn grimmer. "Not a real bodyguard," slips from his lips.


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod snorts at Shakhan. Not like you ever showed me you're good at your job.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Shakhan wrote:

Magic?! Shakhan fully withdraws his hand now, quite quickly. His face is a turn grimmer. "Not a real bodyguard," slips from his lips.

He may surprise you Shakhan. I earn my living as a Guard for hire when we have downtime.

I would hope I have shown myself to be competent by now. Give him a chance. Icabod- you are a bard or magus perhaps?


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod shrugs. Some fella called me a sorcerer. Never had any learning at the academy so I guess that is what I am.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

An intuitive magic user? Marvellous! Those of the bloodlines become very powerful as they learn. It would be a marvelous gift, I spend every spare hour either studying or training to attempt to wield blade and spell. Wondrous, it must be to discover magic the way you do.

Varrel was feeling a bit better about the whole scenario. At least, what ever trials they were facing, they were well equipped for. He looks again to the Marshall.

Your orders?


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Varrel, is yes. Scroll, potions, or even wands be used to store needed powers. Will city provide for it's defense? Know you where such can be gotten?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe ponders Gronk's words and listens to the interaction of the new volunteers.

With a silent act of will he calls upon the power of his goddess detecting for the presence of any evil within the room, panning his gaze over the new volunteers...

Move Action: Detect Evil

... he is relived to find no such presence and relaxes a little.

He nods at Gronk and says, "Gronk, I well know the world is far from perfect... some would say that mankind will dominate it to its ruin, but I believe... nay I have faith that we can save it - if we all individually aspire to the law of love and forgiveness! That one day... when we have all learned from the mistakes of yesterday that we can build that better world ourselves... if... IF we place it within our own individual hearts to look after our fellow sentient with as much care as we do our own well being. Then and only then will we find that better world. It starts with each of us... within our own hearts. You want a better world...? Start with yourself and make that better world! It is a dream and a hope I cling to and devote my life to building every day. I may not see it in my life... but I strive for that world of peace and love with my every effort. Its what I believe."

His tone is not in argument... but a true attempt to reach out to the orc. The distrustful wariness of his gaze is gone.

Turning to Kayla, "No need to apologize milady, we have tried to determine the ship's owner but at current we do not know the ship's name nor its registry. I have some experience as a sailor it is not unusual for a ship to arrive days perhaps weeks late. It could be several days before any ship that was scheduled to arrive will be missed as overdue and identified as the ship sunk last night - by process of elimination. We need to know much sooner than that what ship was sunk."

Ashe smirks at the interaction between Icabod and Shakhan's superstitious reaction.

Addressing them all, "I think introductions are in order. Greetings all three of you - our new volunteers, to our group's company. I am Ashe, Paladin of Holy Iomedae. Our elven friend is Varrel, Magus and devotee of Ragathiel. Our appointed leader is the lady Una Therlmagne, crossbow sniper and sleuth. And finally Shakhan our professional pit fighter and axeman. Welcome all."

Ashe turns at Una's request, "Sketching is not my specialty in performances - Dancing and Singing being my real calling to art, but I have had some experience as a sailor with charts and maps... what would you like plotted out on paper?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una nods curtly. "Provided that Marshall Kroft has a tactical map of the city, I was hoping we could draw up a more detailed map of the area where the ship had been sunk. It might be important to know the best methods of approach, and knowing where the nearby coasts are (distance, angle, etcetera), might help us more accurately track possible paths for the disease."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods in reply, "I agree Una.. I can do this."

Ashe moves over to the tables and begins regarding the city maps of the Marshal's office.

"Milady Kroft with your permission I would peruse your city maps and must needs a plotting t-square please."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Speaking of disease, do you know how it travels? Is it only by touch, or can it pass through the air as well? Your goddess granted you some knowledge of it, and you may have already said, but I have forgotten."

Not meaning to ignore the others, particularly the newcomers. "It is good that the churches of Korvosa are assisting with this matter. I doubt that the crown will bend or kneel to address the growing dangers of the city, and to me it always feels as though the crown is the cause of most of them."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe pauses and nods again to Una.

Raising his voice he addresses everyone, "Ok, here is what Iomedae has revealed to me about the Disease just for everyone's knowledge."

"The disease is a refined form of Vorel's phage, in itself an unnatural disease that first came into being deep under Foxglove Manor, on Varisia's coast... and it looks like someone has meddled with it further. The disease is characterized by headache, fatigue, coughing, and a rash and mask of blisters that covers the face. As it progresses, the cough becomes more obtrusive, the rash spreads to the neck, face, and limbs and develops into pox-like blisters, and the lymph glands swell into painful buboes. At its most advanced stage, the blisters grow to the size of grapes or larger, internal bleeding creates black patches on the skin, and blood is expectorated. Ultimately, a most unseemly, wheezing death occurs. If left untreated, the disease kills the average human in approximately 7 days. It is contracted by contact or injury."

"No it is not airborne so burning the infected... clothing and or contaminated food or perishable and.. goddess I hope not, corpses of the diseased dead should end its threat."

"Personally, I feel perhaps there is some Daemon, not demon... daemon - involved as they are usually the genesis of many plagues or perhaps cultists of 'The Mother of Monsters', or 'The Pallid Princess', perhaps even 'The Midnight Lord'... but this is less personal than worshipers of his ilk are fond of. I fail to see what the crown would gain from such a disease being spread through the city... surely her Royal Highness - Queen Illeosa, would want to rule an intact Korvosa - not a diseased & dead-filled ruin?!?!"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Kroft can provide a map... DM has to go fetch offspring who has been on a school trip, more in a bit!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Back now, here you go - Kroft indicates where the sunken ship is.


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

"Sir Ashe, do you know if the coins in the sunken ship will have washed of the contaminate by their time spent underwater or will they still be dangerous to come in contact with? Has there been a guard posted near the site to prevent anyone from attempting to "salvage" anything from the ship?"

Appearance:

Kayla is a pretty little halfling who is just a few inches over three feet. Her hair is chestnut brown in color and reaches down to her waist in gentle waves. Her eyes are a bright emerald green in color and are expressive of whatever mood she is in. Her over-tunic is pure white in color with embroidery along the edges in all of Shelyn's colors and her breastplate is embossed with her symbol. Her shift and pants are both forest green in color and her leather boots dyed a dark green.


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Apperance:
Icabhod is not an attractive person, pockmarked skin from a childhood disease and some broken teeth mar his face and he has pale skin and a ragged mop of hair that makes him look like one of the many homeless that dwell in the city. However, Icabhod is rather healthy and surprisingly strong and agile. Icabhod is clad in brownish pants and tunic with an armored kilt around his waist.


Shakhan shrugs at Varrel's words. "The nature of the steel reveals itself in adversity." He nods to Icabhod, though his distrust of magic is evident.


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Does one know amount of water over wreck at map spot? Shore not far, seems likely not muchly deep.
Does one know conditions at map spot? Stone is not soft mud is not forrest of water plants.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"I agree with Gronk. It would be nice to know what the depth of the water is."

She looks through the Marshall's maps if allowed to see if she can find any indications of the river's depths.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe looks Kayla's direction answering, "We recovered a chest that was washed ashore this morning. It was found by a young girl, Brienna Soldado, called 'breeze' by the locals. The child was very ill after contact with the coins. The chest was full of 100 silver shields {coins} and it had no lock upon it. If water got in ... it had no effect upon the virulence of the plague that infected the young lass. Again... the coins radiate strong magic and strong evil. Were this some random exposure... I'd expect yes the current of the river and the natural cleaning properties of water would have neutralized the malady. But it did not giving even greater weight to this being a malicious deliberate and purposeful assault upon the welfare of the citizens of Korvosa. The chest is outside right now closed and upon my horse... if you might want to inspect it.. but I'd rather you not do so. Iomedae's grace grants me immunity to all forms of sickness and infectious diseases. If I can find a sample of the original Vorel's Phage.. with the coins contamination as an existing sample - I may be able to concoct a serum medicine to counteract the plague... but it would take time... time being our enemy at current. I know not if anyone has tried to salvage the sunken ship."

Ashe looks back at the survey maps detailing the Jeggare River pinning a marker at the location of the reported sinking of the ship in answer to Gronk saying, "...The Jeggare has a strong current under the North bridge but is more sedate where the ship was sunk as it was near the center of the river at that point. From what I can recall and tell from the survey contours it should be no deeper than perhaps 40 to 50 feet, the draft of even the most laden cargo sailing ship is well within safety where it was sunk. But a simple plumb depth check should confirm its depth."

Looking to the Marshall, "Marshall Kroft, would you be so kind as to draft us a letter to the port authority for the use of one of Korvosa's customs coastal/river patrol sloops? We should not need it very long."

Addressing the party, "If we are wearing out normal gear we should sink fairly easily. The Sloop can merely leave several weighted ropes over the gunwales for us to climb back up when our investigations are done. I doubt we shall need more than a hour or two at best to investigate the wreak. All we need is, likely with our numbers, a brace {two} of water breathing spells with perhaps one available, in a 'riffle' scroll format for use underwater... just in case of an unexpected emergency of some sort. I would not bring any paper scrolls in our underwater search though, for obvious reasons."

Appearance:

HT: 6'2", WT: 195lbs, Eyes: Frosty Blue,
Hair: Pure Shock-White worn long & tied back {Birthmark of his Sacred Touch}
[Including Eyebrows and Eyelashes - All Shock White]
Skin: Pale with bronzed tints

A tall imposing man when first seen but his eyes hold a gentleness and a warmth that are, calming. His hair is shock White, and usually worn long tied back with a hair clasp. He is muscular and though not cat-like in reflexes he is still not clumsy of limb. His bearing is always one of dignity and serious devotion. His Chelaxian racial stock is evident in his face structure but his bronzed skin denotes some Varisan blood as well. His voice is calm and reassuring… his smile – captivating! Very Handsome!

Currently wearing Ornately engraved obviously of masterwork Full Plate Armor with a golden tinge to it color and many symbols of Iomedae, a Grey Tabard with no emblem, a cloak red on one side and white on the other and trimmed in gold, and an armor cassock-like robe white and trimmed in gold. He is armed with his ornate Longsword - "Dauntless Heart", and a silver shortsword at his left and right hip. Hanging behind his back from his weapons belt at his waist is also a cold iron warhammer. Across his back a quiver with a ornately carved elven white-wood shortbow of masterwork quality and arrows within. An ornate Glaive-Guisarme with a Korvosan Royal pennant attached to it {Small Triangular banner/flag} is in a metal clasp part of the quiver and attached to its haft to hold it secure next to the quiver. On straps at his shoulder hangs his large steel shield of also masterwork quality ornately embossed with the emblem of Ioemdae.

His helm is ornate with a Hippogriff figurine perched upon its brow and its wings sweeping back and flaring out on the sides of his helm. A single large white feather-plume {supposedly from his father's Hippogriff - Kyrie} is pinioned in the top of the helm flowing banner-like from the crest of his helm. The helm was his father's who served for a time with the Sable Guard as a Hippogriff Rider before settling into his service with the Korvosan Guard when after years of service - his Hipporgriff, Kyrie, was been slain in battle.

Finally at his neck is a sigular garish piece of clothing that clashes horribly with everything else he wears... but he proudly bears it regardless. His Kapenia Scarf woven by his mother specifically for him.

Kapenia – Varisian Scarf : Triple-Stripe [Pink, Red, Violet] {love, kindness, courage; lust, longevity, inner STR;
enhanced intuition, divine inspiration}, parted by pin-stripes [Turquoise] {physical STR} and End Tassels [Orange] {happiness, resourcefulness, adventuring}

To say the least obviously Ashe comes from a wealthy background of privilege!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Of course you may have use of a vessel, and you will be reimbursed for the costs of any necessary equipment or magics. As for the depth," Kroft scratches her head, "I am not certain, but I think it is the deepest part of the channel. It might be as much as 100 feet. The Harbourmaster will be able to give you more precise measurements - I am a ground-pounder, not a sea-dog!"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

ANY necessary equipment? Like a +2 Trident? Sweet!
Seriously what do we need besides scrolls of water breathing?


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Wand of mass fly!
Riffle scrolls are a booklet. I don't see them doing much better underwater.
I would be careful about taking anything valuable and heavy. You may need to drop it if things don't go well. I will not be taking my armor.

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1
Gronk de'Morcaine wrote:

Wand of mass fly!

Riffle scrolls are a booklet. I don't see them doing much better underwater.
I would be careful about taking anything valuable and heavy. You may need to drop it if things don't go well. I will not be taking my armor.

True, Riffle scrolls ARE a chapbook {a little smaller... but the real reason is that is it classified as a 'Wondrous Item' and as such... mere water will not spoil its usefulness. As for Armor... don't be hasty in that. If we can breath water we can fight albeit with some penalty wearing a lighter armor would be prudent. Ashe bought an Armored Coat that he keeps available just for such purposes as travel as sea or to have near him in camp at night when adventuring as is can be donned and removed as a move action.

And I'm right with you in that Varrel... What Ashe needs is a +1 Weapon so his Class ability: Weapon Bond, becomes something actually flexible! But I might suggest a Wand of Magic Missiles {Hytogg took the one we had}, 7x potions of cure light wounds {with two clerics we are pretty set on healing}, perhaps a ring of swimming?


"A trident. I'll need one. A proper one." Shakhan, fortunately, is familiar with a wide variety of weapons from his heyday in the pits.

Some more thoughts:

Diving suit 10gp, page 88 - grants +1 circumstance bonus to swim checks

Elixir of swimming 250gp - grants +10 competence bonus to swim for 1 hour

Ashe can use weapon bond to enhance his standard weapon as "seaborne" (+1 equivalent) to wield it without penalty in water, and gain a bonus to swim checks.

Another useful item (also in general) would be a robe of blending 8400gp (among other abilities it allows to alter self for an hour - when chosing a humanoid with a swimspeed you get waterbreathing as a bonus).

In summary: Shakhan wants a masterwork trident, an elixer of swimming, and a share in whatever waterbreathing magics will be used.


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

"Will we be undertaking this mission today sirs or tomorrow to give us more time to prepare and gather needed items?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Hmmm, I've heard of a special underwater crossbow. I'll see if I can find the plans to make one."

I can save more money by making it myself. I keep forgetting I have craft (bowmaking), but then again that might take more time than we should spend.

A bottle of air is less expensive than the robe of blending. But the robe would me more useful overall. The next least expensive option after the robe is the necklace of adaptation. How much is a wand of water breathing again?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2
Kayla Adrianas wrote:
"Will we be undertaking this mission today sirs or tomorrow to give us more time to prepare and gather needed items?"

"We will take a day to rest and prepare. I myself do not look forward to swimming my heart out right after climbing across the roofs of Korvosa. I'm not saying I couldn't do it. Just that I would prefer not to. So tomorrow morning, I should think, before the tide comes in."


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Yes. Self be needing time for granting of particular prayers to aid us in search.

Gronk can't quite afford 2 scrolls of water breathing at standard prices. Can someone donate a bit for this that the city will supposedly reimburse later? Or if you have a contact to get them cheaper that would be even better?
Gronk will also purchase a normal short spear and the swim fins.
Other than that, he will rely on his spells.
First pass of spells to be prepared is in profile. Please let me know if you would like him to have any specific spells available.

If no other needs? Self goes now to prepare mind and body for morrow.


Female Halfling Sorceress / 1

Kayla will buy a scroll of Waterbreathing for Gronk to cast, an eElixir of swimming and swim fins.


M Human Favored-Skill points Sorcerer 6, Init+6,F6R5W6,HP35/35,AC13/FF11/T12

Icabhod buys a potion of water breathing


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Shakhan wrote:

"A trident. I'll need one. A proper one." Shakhan, fortunately, is familiar with a wide variety of weapons from his heyday in the pits.

Some more thoughts:

Diving suit 10gp, page 88 - grants +1 circumstance bonus to swim checks

Elixir of swimming 250gp - grants +10 competence bonus to swim for 1 hour

Ashe can use weapon bond to enhance his standard weapon as "seaborne" (+1 equivalent) to wield it without penalty in water, and gain a bonus to swim checks.

Another useful item (also in general) would be a robe of blending 8400gp (among other abilities it allows to alter self for an hour - when chosing a humanoid with a swimspeed you get waterbreathing as a bonus).

In summary: Shakhan wants a masterwork trident, an elixer of swimming, and a share in whatever waterbreathing magics will be used.

Well the diving suit is only useful if you intend to wear absolutely no armor! Ashe can't currently afford a swimming elixir.. he has only 128 gp. Ashe will buy swim fins at 1sp.

As for his Divine Bond... no good, because his sword 'Dauntless Heart' is not magical so the first "+1", his only '+' must go to make the weapon magical and he can't just put any '+1' enhancement on his weapon... its a limited list of choices... unless the GM wills otherwise.

Now there IS an option available... in the loot we have that no one has claimed we have the Dust of Appearance and an Elixir of Vision. together they could be sold for the needed gold to enchant Dauntless Heart to "+1" .... if.. IF Megan would allow them to be sold to the academy at markets value. But STILL unless she allowed Ashe to put a non-standard enhancement within his Divine Bond it would still be moot.

In my opinion a few too many IFs.. so I'll just content myself with Ashe wearing his Armored Coat and swim fins and deal with it. I could wear his full plate with a very low swim bonus... but that seems silly to me. One does not wear full plate in the water unless you have serious magic to make it viable!

Ashe listens to the various opinions and needs and nods in acceptance.

"Then it is tomorrow that we investigate the sunken wreak. But I have ... other duties that I must attend to... I need to visit Fencing Master Vencarlo Orisini - I trust Marshal Kroft he is a man of your utmost trust? I must see to it Miss Sabor is spirited away from Korvosa before more distractions present themselves and must need dominate my time and attention."

Then turning to Varrel, "I would also like your company as now would be as good a time as any to visit my 'uncle' Endrin, and I'd like your company friend Varrel. Endrin Military Academy is near the Orisini Academy in Old Korvosa. I might also like to swing by 'Exemplary Excrables' to show you what a wretched hive of villainy it is in hopes to impress upon you why I feel so strongly and would see that dive of exploitation and likely foul murderous doings - be shut down permanently!"

"When this is done it will be about time to check in on the sick lass Brienna Soldado and I'd like to also visit the Bank of Abadar to see what fortunes Ishani Dhatri has accomplished in obtaining his Temple's support."


Shakhan purchases himself an elixir of swimming, and goes to see the quartermaster (with the Field Marshall's permission) to see if there's a trident for him to borrow - preferably a masterwork one.

Ashe: you could get an oil of greater magic weapon to temporarily give the weapon a +1 enhancement. The cheapest would be if Ashe could ask one of his clerical contacts to prepare the spell for tomorrow - as spell services it would cost 10 x 3 x 5 = 150gp and would last 5 hours.

Unless he's willing to go with short-duration and just use magic weapon (which he could cast himself with a 2 minute duration).


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Shakhan wrote:

Shakhan purchases himself an elixir of swimming, and goes to see the quartermaster (with the Field Marshall's permission) to see if there's a trident for him to borrow - preferably a masterwork one.

Ashe: you could get an oil of greater magic weapon to temporarily give the weapon a +1 enhancement. The cheapest would be if Ashe could ask one of his clerical contacts to prepare the spell for tomorrow - as spell services it would cost 10 x 3 x 5 = 150gp and would last 5 hours.

Unless he's willing to go with short-duration and just use magic weapon (which he could cast himself with a 2 minute duration).

I asked Megan about that already. My Inheritor's Gauntlet can cast Magic Weapon on any weapon I hold in my hand for a limited amount of time each day. Megan requires a 'permanent' enchanted weapon for my 'Divine Bond' to make use of such. Thanks for the idea though! Don't worry Ashe is powerful enough at present... besides... A Paladin is supposed to fall... remember? :)


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

My Heavy pick will suffice underwater for a weapon. Breathing and speaking to cast my magic are what concern me. The only thing I would ask, Marshall, is a credit receipt to buy a necklace of Adaption from the acadamae. It envelopes me in a pocket of air which will solve those issues. Ashe, I will go with you after I have stopped by the Acadamae to seek a new familiar. There is a particular little dinosaur that was a popular choice in cheliax for non-diabolist's. I hope they have one. After that I will come.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods in acceptance of Varrel's needs, "Its on the way anyways. That will be just fine. I'll go with you. Just a word of warning about the Academae friend Varrel... the students... especially the Enchantment school young ladies, do not always respect the wishes of frequent male or even female visitors and 'no' is not a answer they see as anything other than an invitation to practice their own brand of deviltry with their newly learned magics! Be careful... devils are not the only threat at the Academae."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Elves carry an innate resistance to enchantments, and if that fails, I have my Paladin friend to look out for me, do i not? We should be fine. I have no issue with selling those to get your sword enchanted, though I the others may with the same of theirs.

I'd roleplay this further but waiting to see if Megan has the Marshall, give me the credit note or not.

3,251 to 3,300 of 6,056 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.