Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


3,201 to 3,250 of 5,883 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Ishani Dhatri listens with interest to Ashe's announcement, then a smile spreads across his face.

"Ah, that changes matters considerably," he says. "In matters of public health the Archbanker has discretion to waive fees for healing... I shall make haste to speak with him."

(He'll scurry off unless anyone wishes him to stay...)

Tayce Soldado makes haste to find clean bedding and a nightgown - but does pause long enough to take Varrel's money.

"Thank you so much," she says to him. "Your generosity will not be forgotten."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe nods to Una, "It was all Iomedae's power... I was merely a bearer - but yes a divinatory miracle."

Looking over at Ishani, "Godspeed, Ishani... it does my heart well to know we are allied in a common goal. When I have time after our leader decides our next goal... I'll try to get by the Archbankers Temple and share what I've learned in detail from treating Brianna... if all my efforts fall short a cure disease may still be needed."

Ashe helps where he can to gather the needed linen.
In passing Ashe pulls Varrel asside and whispers, "..thank you for your generosity my friend, it was my intent to do just the same. I will see to it my family or I recompense you for your kindness when I have the time and coin to do so. Again thank you!"

------------

With the linen gathered Ashe proceeds upstairs to the bedroom.

Entering he smiles again and set the washbowel on the nightstand next to the bed.

"Hello 'Breeze', now lets get you sorted out..."

Ashe sets down on his stool next to her and retrieves his healers kit a bottle of wood alcohol and a jar of topical paste meant for soothing burns.

Smiling again he takes Brianna's hand, "Now sweety, I must clean your sores... and it will sting a little ok? I'll go slow and stop and let you recover if it hurts too much ok... but I must clean you up so you can get better."

Ashe dabs the cleaning rag into the warm water and methodically cleans the sore on her little face being very gentle and unhurried. Pausing when Brianna seems to be in pain and waiting for her to calm before continuing on. All the while smiling for her and encouraging her on. Then he dabs a little of the wood alcohol on the sore even more tenderly.. then covers the sore with a light coat of the topical paste to sooth the hurt.

Majenko leaves his perch to flutter to Ashe's shoulder to watch as he works his tail thrashings slowly in concern as well...

As he works he calls to mind a lullaby his elven lady friend - and fellow Pathfinder, Tessara Kalissreavil the Mierani elven ambassadors daughter, sung to him once... one intimate evening...

Perform: Sing 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"Time will use tomorrow,
When we’ve used today.
It will find the sorrow,
And wash it all away."

"And maybe in the new day,
We can break the spell
It may be tomorrow,
but only time will tell."

"Somewhere in the darkness,
there must be a light,
Leading us together,
Through the misty night."

"Love can play a new tune,
On this carousel.
It may be tomorrow,
But only time will tell."

"There can be a new dream,
One for us to hold,
Made with peace and hope
And built upon the old."

"No one has the answer
To give away or sell
Tomorrow holds the secret
But only time will tell."

When Ashe is done cleaning Breeze's sores he will put the rags and towels into the burlap bag.

"Ok dear, I need you to get out of that old sleeping dress ok? Here..."

Ashe will hand her the new sleeping garment and will stand to raise a fresh bedsheet stretched between his arms raised just above his head level for her privacy...

"Now everything must come off small clothes as well... tell me once you have on your fresh sleeping gown. A keep standing after your changed deary."

when she indicates she is dressed Ashe will settle the fresh bed sheet gently around her shoulders a little frame crouching down to look her in the eye smiling kindly he takes her softly in his arms and hugs her warmly, "..your a brave lovely little girl! Don't you worry... we'll get you some rest and medicine in a moment... just hold on a little longer."

Ashe will stand and step around her and quickly changed the bed linen packing into the burlap sack.

When done he will remake the bed with fresh lining and gently help Brianna into bed and cover her with the fresh blankets.

Once she is settled in, "...There now. Let's get that medicine into you."

Ashe will retrieve from his Healer's kit a bottle of 'Body Balm' and a fresh spoon, "...now this is a little bitter sweety but you must take at least two tablespoon fulls... ok.. but I know you can do that..your a strong girl..."

Ashe gives her the bitter remedy.

"And one more medicine that will help you dear and you can rest..."

Finally, Ashe will have her drink Varrel's Anti-plague alchemical remedy.

He will settle a hand upon her head and pray aloud, "Goddess Iomedae, we thank you for your Justice, Mercy and Wisdom. Please look after the care a keeping of the Saldado family. Grant Mrs Tayce the strength and endurance of a loving mother and her sons the obedience to obey her direction and most of all bless young Brianna with your grace to heal and be well. [i]'For the Heart... for Victory!"

Asherick will lean over and kiss Brianna on the forehead gently.

"Now get some rest sweet Brianna. I'll come back in 4 hours to check on your progress. I'll have your candy then and some broth for you to eat. Rest now little one."

Ashe will gather her discarded clothing the old bedding and place it all in the burlap sack taking it it all with him as he leaves her room shutting the door behind him. Finally he lets his own emotions free his eyes tearing up, 'please goddess ... please save this child... I have done all I can...'

Heal {Treat Disease}: +5'cir' Masterwork Healer's Kit w/surgeon's tools, +5'alch' Body Balm, +4 'Diagnose Disease' bonus 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

There is no thanks or remembrance required. Look after your family as best you can. Korvosa and everyone in it is under stress. Take care.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Brienna seems comforted and more at ease after Ashe's treatment, but she still has a long way to go before she is out of danger.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe walks down to the main living room. His demeanor is calm... but somber.

"I have done all I can for Brienna. Now, beyond direct magical curative it is in the Goddess' hands."

Turning to Mrs Soldado, "... for now Brienna is resting and should have some comfort from the medicines I've given her. If you would not mind.. I can return to check on her in 4 hours to keep her under care and monitoring for her recovery."

He sighs gesturing with the burlap sack of contaminated linen, "I'll take these outside and burn them. If we wish to make sure Brienna is cured... a scroll or casting of Remove Disease is 150 gold crowns."

Ashe dons his cloak, picks up his helm with its distinctive griffon crest and large white plume of hippogriff feathers and the chest of cursed coins, "...where shall we go now Una?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"I know we have already informed the higher ups through Majenko. But I feel like we should inform the local authorities as well. They can set up checkpoints and the like to prevent the disease from spreading as quickly as it could."

"As for Brienna, I feel we have given quite enough to help her and her family for now. I would expect some sort of repayment if we were to do any more for her. Let's see how nature treats her, now that you have offered your ministrations."

OOC: I hope that's chaotic good enough. I feel like she's been all over the place, alignment-wise.


While the others were administering to Brienna in various capacities, Shakhan had not been entirely idle outside. True - to the casual, and even quite acute, observer the hulking man was just leaning on the wall. Perhaps sullen, perhaps sulking. None of that was true, Shakhan had actually been brooding. A thought kept mulling in his head that was hard to ignore once it had taken a little bit of purchase in his mind.

When Ashe and Una make ready to leave and plan the next move, Shakhan lets the thought escape through his mouth. It was still unsorted and immature, as thoughts go, but it seemed important: "hrmph. I been thinking. With the authorities alerted, they should be able to hunt for coins better than us - maybe we should get back out to the wreck. I mean under the water, where the actual rest of the ship is. There might be some clue - or even more diseased coins. If nothing else maybe the ship's name. That might show who owned the ship or where it was from."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

For those outside: the local bravos have, in the main, departed. But the fellow who led you here is still around, looking concerned.

Diggle's dog companion is rooting around in the garden. Something there smells good to a doggie nose.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe nods in... brief grudging acceptance of Una's decision... but makes no comment.

{She's rights as far as the party is concerned... they have done all that can reasonably be expected of them. to ask more would be asking them for charity without reward. I'll have to take care of this on my own... when I can... hopefully it will be before the child dies.}

Listening to Shakhan's suggestion from the doorway Ashe replies, "...I think that's a great idea friend Shakhan! We will need to return to the Marshal to requisition the needed potions of water-breathing so we can make a full search of the ship. My alchemically made Air Crystals would not last very long. Though... they are much cheaper than full potions. The number of Air Crystals we would need might still be expensive!"

Ashe bows to Tayce Soldado, "Milady I shall return at the changing of the City watch to look in on little 'Breeze's' progress... Goddess bless your house and household."

He walks out of the house with the burlap sack in hand and the chest of coins in the other...

"Hmmm.. need to burn these rags quickly and without risk to the village. Master Diggle could you assist me in destroying these rags with fire safely...?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle moves to see exactly what it is that has Mugs so interested.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Mugsy has found a large bone... ham hock, it looks like.

Tayce Solado smiles at Ashe. "Thank you," she says.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel walks outside.

Whatever our next move, for now, at least we have done all we can here. Should we first return to the marshall, Una? That may be prudent, she may have more news for us. Then we could decide what to do, though Shakhan's idea certainly has merit.


Nope. Bad idea. Chatterbeak does not like water. Master and Crackerman should forget stupid boat. Get eaten by Sharks they will.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Shakhan's idea has merit. But I still believe the local authorities should be informed, especially since we now know what the disease is, and perhaps another note sent to the marshall, with as much information about the disease as can be sent to her. We'll also inform the Marshall about our plans to search the ship, and then go do so. At least, that is my suggested plan."

She pauses to smile at Varrel. "Once we've investigated the ship itself, we'll return to the marshall and see if she has anything else for us to do."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Do we have sufficient means for an underwater excursion? The spell required for breathing underwater is beyond MY ability to cast, at least until I reach the next tier of power.
The Acadamae market my have something but such scrolls would be very expensive.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle inspects what is it that Mugs has found. It's certainly not the sort of neighborhood where people would purchase ham hocks regularly.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Come Mugsy."

Diggle wont wrestle the ham off Mugsy if she refuses to leave it but he is wary of it. He will cast Prestidigitation to clean up the dog if she stinks of rotten meat.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The bone has long since seen service in a stock pot, but Mugsy seems happy to gnaw on it anyway, and doesn't want to leave her prize.

"Is everything all right, folks?" asks the lurking local. "We're right fond of the Solados..."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe supplies to to the conversation between Una and Varrel, "...Marshal Kroft said she would provide the needed potions, scrolls, or magic that would be needed to investigate the sunken ship."

Ashe moves to 'Red Hoof' to secure the burlap sack to her saddle.

At the comment from the lurking local Ashe replies, "Good morning Sir, yes the Soldados should be ok. Tayce's daughter is very sick... I'm giving her all the medical attention I can. 'Breeze' is better ...but she is still sick... only time will tell. I'll be back latter at the changing of the watch to check on her progress."

Ashe ponders for a moment - addressing the local, "Good sir you would not happen to have a incendiary pit for refuse here in 'Trail's End'? This sack has infectious linen that must be burned for public safety."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Not a rubbish pit specifically, but there is a place down by the shore where we burn anything we don't want. Would you like me to take care of it for you?" replies the lurking local.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe smiles, "Thank you sir, but no.. I'd best be the one to burn it. Goddess Iomedae blesses me with her grace - I can't get sick. I would not want to endanger your well-being."

Turning to Una, "I'll be right back... going to the shore briefly..."

Taking 'Red Hoof's' reins Ashe proceeds to the indicated shore... to start a fire on the rubbish heap of the infectious linen.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una turns to the local.

"Until the Solados are recovered, see that few people enter the house, except when absolutely necessary. We do not want the infection to spread any more than it already has."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe breaks out flint and steel and shortly... has a fire started on the refuse pile. He places the infectious linen and steps back watching to see it ll burn. The ashe lightly frosting his white hair with soot.

Ashe watches the fires... hoping intently there will not be a need to be burning bodies ere this attack... {for that is the only reason he can give for a tailor-made sickness being introduced to the city} is faced and hopefully weathered.

'Red Hoof' nickers nervously at his side and he must calm her with a few gentle strokes of his hand on her muzzle.

Majenko senses Ashe the pall of melancholy descend upon Ashe and nuzzled his cheek from his perch at the knight's armored shoulder.

The tiny Dragons thoughts go out to all the party members though they seem more directed at Ashe {"Where do we go now? The Kroft woman or find more bad shineys?"}

Ashe says nothing, frosty blue eyes intent with determination focused upon the dying flames flickering in his gaze...


Shakhan wraps a rough cloak about his shoulders. It wasn't really cold, nor even frisky - but something hung in the air that didn't touch the skin, but chilled the bones nonetheless.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"What are you thinking, Shakhan? This feels like it might be a long night."


Shakhan nods silently. Wordlessly he offers Una a sip from his small metal liquor flask.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una accepts, taking a small swig of whatever burning solution Shakhan is currently keeping.

I'm wondering if we should open up recruitment. We've lost a divine caster and an arcane supporter in the past few weeks.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Might be a good idea...

In the meantime, Ashe has seen to the disposal of the potentially infectious bedding. By now it is mid- to late morning. Cooking smells are beginning to waft over the settlement.

What do you want to do now? Back to the Field Marshal? Find the sunk ship? Or something I haven't thought of yet...?


Shakhan's vote is to get to the sunk ship - the necessary supplies and magical aids will probably be available at the Field Marshal; so probably we start there first.


Varrel exits the house to find Una and Shakhan on what passes for a porch.
I feel we have done all we can here. At least for now. If we are to investigate the ship we need means to breathe underwater. A trip to the Marshall's should secure us a sanction to look and perhaps the funds for the required scrolls?


"Grha. That settles it then." Shakhan begins trekking towards the Marshall's.


Cough - Shakhan does that :)


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel looks to Una and shrugs.
Our friend is right, we should move with haste. Chatterbeak, come.He gives the bird a pat on the head and heads off after the barbarian.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

At a gentle nudging of his cheek from Majenko at his shoulder as the fires die down Ashe's attention is drawn to his companions taking their leave heading towards Citadel Volshynek.

Ashe pulls 'Redhoof' to rein and mounts up again and trots off to follow them.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

As leave this outer village to head back to the city proper Varrel looks out at the distant dances he can see of flights of pseudo dragons hunting imps. The magical and infernal creatures locked in a constant struggle between the thoroughly evil creatures and the local miniature dragons who would destroy them.
[i]Those fledgling diabolists probably don't consider the consequences of letting those blasted things into this world. How many have been harmed from them.[/b]

Suddenly Chatterbeak's fears at the growing scene played out in the sky before them become apparent in Varrels mind.
Speak your fears my friend.

The bird is nuzzleing his neck as it shyly speaks.
The dragon lizards, scare Chatterbeak master. So to the little devils. Chatterbeak loves Master and Chatterbeak wants to be a good servant, but Chatterbeak is not brave like Master is....

Varrel listens but the birds meaning is carried upon an emotional wave that the Elf felt keenly.
You want....Freedom? To be a regular raven again.

Chatterbeak looks away. Chatterbeak remembers before Master had power, before Chatterbeak was Chatterbeak. Chatterbeak was.....happy being a normal bird. Know other birds are too dumb to understand. Master made Chatterbeak smart, but life with Master is scary. Lots of big things to eat Chatterbeak if he is not careful.

Varrel felt his heart break a little. When a sorcerer or wizard took a familiar, that animal took on a bit of the casters soul. Chatterbeak it seemed had taken on Varrels fear and doubts.
He thought he had done the bird a favor, but he had in fact cursed him with reason and fear beyond what the bird wanted.

It was with a heavy heart he spoke his next words.

Elven:
As your maker, Chatterbeak, I release you.

And then the bird was gone, off as fast as little wings would carry it. It's connection to Varrel, dissipated, it's memories, forgotten.
Goodbye.....

Not caring if the others notice, Varrel walks on


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una noticed Chatterbox fly over her head as she once again made for the roofs. Strangely enough the bird was quiet. She wondered for a second if it was Chatterbox or just a normal raven.

From her vantage point above the streets she had her thumb on the pulse of the district. No panic had as of yet developed, but she did not put her hopes in the idea that a panic would not come soon, once word of the disease spread.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe rides at the party's close rear 'Redhoof' easily keeping pace with the group but the spoken elvish catches his ears and he hears the parting of Chatterbox noting the silent and somber mood of Varrel.

Ashe knows he is not on good terms with most of the remaining adventurers... but he cares and cannot let it rest. Lightly heeling Redhoof with the golden rounded blunt spurs Ashe wears Redhoof quicken her pace to draw abreast of Varrel.

Ashe leans over the pommel and whispers in elvish, "Oemveela sa elanmylaeel tycaillaa omealw Varrel, fyan E eelamirailmw... E's lae laemma. E nleam anirilan amilla tyileloyc. Tycaillaa we lean walatyilem sa omealw... aey we lean amilcn ilcela!"

Elvish:
"Forgive my intrusion please friend Varrel, but I overheard... I'm so sorry. I know that was painful. Please do not despair my friend... you do not walk alone!"

Ashe wants to place a hand upon his shoulder in support and almost does... but the pain Varrel admitted to him makes him stay his hand for fear of doing too much. And allows the Elf Magus the dignity of his own person.

Sitting back up in his saddle Ashe is silent again.

Majenko curls up at his armored shoulder having apparently chosen 'now' was a good time for a one of his many cat-naps during the day...

Ashe's thoughts are troubled, {Sometimes the best way to be a friend ... is nothing you say... just being there is enough. At least I pray it is enough...}

But, he puts on a calm and certain demeanor for everyone else's sake. Even if his heart is also troubled.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel walks awhile before speaking back to Ashe.

Elven:
Chatterbeak was self aware before I made him my familiar Ashe. Wizards invest a portion of higher thinking in their animals, but the creatures remember their lives before magic. I made a mistake. When I chose him my head was so full of fear and wonder I passed those worries onto him. Even his constant chatter was me. I may not say much but my mind was constantly wheeling with thoughts, that the bird gave voice to.... I have changed, and I shall have to find a familiar of a more....aggressive temperament for the life I have been given. What kind of hypocrite would I be to keep him against his will?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe listens attentively accepting the self-analysis of the elven spellcaster...grateful that his words did not anger or intrude improprietously.

Ashe comments again in elven...

Elven:
"I see. A very similar bond as with paladin and their Holy Steeds. I share... a somewhat, though less deep, bond with the Celestial Spirit that inhabits my sword 'Dauntless Heart'. but its not really the same... it does not speak to me with words... it is more of a emotional somewhat impersonal drive to oppose wickedness... not sentient thought. But... it does give comfort to feel its presence and know the favor of my goddess is with me. I'm sure you did what was best for you and your friend 'Chatterbeak'."

There is a pause...

"It is a rare person that can see themselves from the outside and evaluate a personal need for growth... and change. Not always a pleasant or painless matter."


Shakhan's pace has picked up. His brooding made him repress that his natural gait is too fast for most - and in the streets mostly everybody gets out of the way of the hulking man so little distracts him from his sombre mood. Still, after a minute he looks up and realizes he needed to put in a few seconds break.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una drops down onto a sign post, also waiting for Shakhan and the others. She notices Varrel's sorrow, but also notices he is speaking to Ashe in a foreign tongue, so likely does not want to share it with everyone.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

On the walk back Varrel continues to ponder. He did need a new familiar. Something that had a hunters instincts, he would miss the loud bird but should find something soon. He looked again to the sky. Seeing again the little dragons scooping and divebombing the imps in their constant battle, they looked alot like the pterosaurs he'd seen in his masters old texts, And had an idea...

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As you reenter the main city, you see posters bearing the likeness of Trinia Sabor which announce that Queen Ileosa is offering a royal bounty of 5,000 GP for her capture.


Shakhan doesn't go out of his way, but a few of the posters that he notices next to him as he walks by he simply tears down.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel brings his mind back to the present.
5000 gold. It seems the speech on justice and humility by the masked rescuer was lost on the queen. She continues to pursue her husbands alleged killer with vigor. Woe to whomever is harbouring her....

Varrel is careful with his words, should any overhear.
If we get there chance to pass through the Acadamae market on the way back, I would make a quick enquiry at an apprentice shop I know. But we can skip it if our leader feels their is no time.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una swings up on a nearby roof just as one of the torn off posters blows up and folds around her face.

She peels it off and looks at it.

"Only 5,000? Some monarchs are cheap. It would take at least 10,000 to tempt me to find a good illusionist."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe notes one of the posted announcements and grimaces. He carefully removes the poster and regards it closely before folding it up and putting it in his belt pouch. He ignores the rest of the postings...

His thoughts turn steely and the set of his shoulders becomes its usual characteristic determined posture, his frosty eyes sparkling with certainty, {Over my dead body will anyone harm Trina! I WILL get her to safety... goddess willing.}

Majenko at his perch on the armored shoulder still cat-napping picks up on Ashe's shift in emotions and hisses threateningly at his shoulder in his stirred sleep.

Ashe smiles at the sleeping dragon and scratches affectionately at the spot between his amethyst-colored leathery wings, eliciting a trill of pleasure.

He spurs 'Redhoof' on a little faster, urging the roan colored-mare to keep pace with Shakhan, urgency {and deep love for the pretty green-eyed Bard} getting the better of him somewhat...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Una Therlmagne wrote:

Una swings up on a nearby roof just as one of the torn off posters blows up and folds around her face.

She peels it off and looks at it.

"Only 5,000? Some monarchs are cheap. It would take at least 10,000 to tempt me to find a good illusionist."

I might give it a try for you my lady, though I confess my skill in such illusions is to limited. Were that you had the fortune to travel with a real wizard, that 10000 might have been within reach. Oh well, I guess fighting otyugh for pay will have to do for now.

Varrel is attempting to lighten everyone's mood. He certainly was a poor comic, but was glad he cared enough about these companions to make the attempt.
If the dear Marshall is willing to fund investigating the ship, the boat may yield a small reward.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

When you arrive at the Citadel, you see that the gate guard has been doubled. You are waved in at once and a messenger speeds off to get Kroft, who is working up a sweat in the training yard. SHe comes at once, handing off her sword to a recruit, accepting a towel in return.

"Right, sorry about that.." she puffs, mopping her face. "A good work-out helps me think. Come into the office. I have sent word to all the religious communities in the city. The Sanctuary of Shelyn, bless them, have sent us one of their priests and an escort, and the ranking devotee of Groetus just came by to offer his services. I hope you'll be able to work with them. Benthyn, go fetch my visitors, they are in the mess hall, and bring them to my office, please. Felahal, get me some water, please."

Walking as she delivers this, you've arrioved at the office by the time she issues the last directives. She flops into her desk chair and waves you to be seated.

"What have you got for me?"

New players, you may come to the office at your convenience and introduce yourselves.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"With his goddess' blessing, Ashe was capable of seeing through some of the dark clouds that surround this event. He has succeeding in identifying the disease that may even now be spreading through Old Korvosa."

Never one for long speeches, Una looks over at Ashe as though waiting for him to report.

"We've decided to make for the sunk ship itself, and see what we can find out, but we need potions of water breathing or something to enable us to reach the ship."


Half-Orc Cleric 6 of Groteus AC 21/ f f20/ t11, HP 38/38, F8/R4/W11

Not having yet been involved, Gronk will have his general Walking-Around-Town spell list prepared.

Not really knowing what he is being called to do, Gronk cleans up as best he can in a short time and brings all of his gear to try and be ready for anything.

This humble one is being known as Gronk.
The TASK of spreading the joy and preparing people for the ending goes on. But am hearing critical help is wanted.
Lady Kroft, are being not quite friend of Groteus flock. Neither are being enemy. Am sorrowful but understanding Groteus is yet to be loved by all. Best can be expected. Is better than many places.
So help asked be help given.
What is needful from mine unworthy self? Poor vessel of Groteus power am I, but what can be done will be done.

Fellows if the primitive 3rd language speech gets too hard to understand or annoying, just let me know and I will tone it down.

3,201 to 3,250 of 5,883 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.