Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


3,051 to 3,100 of 6,056 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel merely frowns. He was used to seeing such displays of power. It was the kind of bullying he'd seen many times. Compensating for small stature by unessecary displays of power, though the trait was far more common in humans. He would have to reevaluate his opinion of the flighty and possibly dangerous sorcerer.
Unessacary and unprovoked. Was that supposed to be for fun? You have an odd sense of humor Sir, Gnome.

He heads over to Ashe.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"You'll get use to it, not like anyone was hurt, a concious decision on my part. There will come a time soon you will want me to be indiscriminate."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"I would have thought that some of you at least knew of the tricksy nature of the gnomish. I won't intentionally harm but I will surely have fun, gnome style."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una shakes her head. "What few gnomes I've known have managed to keep that part of themselves stifled. It's a good thing too, since its saved a life or two in my line of work."

She tries to weaken her incisive criticism. "I'm sure there's a time and place for it. But I'm also pretty sure that here is not it. No hard feelings. But I don't want the locals to have hard feelings towards us either."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle abashed by the reaction now feels slightly embarassed and thinks he will need to stifle his outbursts and redirect the needs. He smirks and thinks further on it and comes up with an alternative plan. He would merely be more sneaky with his outbursts.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Sorry, been very busy as teaching ramps up!

The scavengers flee, dropping several prime bits of wood in their haste.

One Eye smiles lopsidedly at Ashe as the young paladin kneels beside him.

"Age does not always confer wisdom, lad," he says. "But I shall tell you what I saw. There's a young lass from Trail's End, often scavenges around here, who was down early. Pre-dawn, like. She picked up a chest, looked quite well-made. Prised it open, emitted a squeal of delight and raced off into North Point. Not seen her since. Think her name is Brienna, but everyone calls her Breeze."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Hmmmm!! Diggle's mind begins ticking over.

He grabs up some of the wood dropped by the scavengers. He throws one up in the air and catches it. He has his plan.

"Let us hope these bits are from the ship as I think this is going to cost me a 'pretty' purse."

Diggle considers by which magical means he can gather information using the objects he holds.

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Regardless of his thoughts, he will go to the Marshall to run it past her for permission and then onto the Acadamae for magic assistance.

Megs:
OOC, I am thinking a Track Ship spell might suffice.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel listens to the old man's words.
Good sir, you wouldn't know where this girl lives would you? We fear for her health and that of all she has contact with.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe glances around at the sound of magical power released... only to see the scavengers fleeing but not really seeing any cause for it... except Diggle and Una talking. No apparent threat visible he turns back to One-Eye...

Majenko was finishing the fish when Diggle cast his spell at the feet of the scavengers and he casts his gaze about his tongue lashing out trying to scent the unexpected danger that threatened the gnome sorcerer...

Majenko listens to the interchange between the adventurers and leaves his perch to flutter to Varrel's shoulder his tail lashing in some irritation.

Ashe replies, "Perhaps One-Eye... but age does often earn discernment which are the hallmarks of wisdom. Where-abouts did 'Breeze' specifically find this chest?"

At One-Eye's pointed direction, Ashe, noting Varrel's presence with Majenko thinks to the little dragon, {My friend Majenko, would you please be so kind as to search that direction for small-sized human footprints in the sand and try to get a scent of them? A young girl has found something that might be of a danger to her, I'd like you to try to track her... as you did me last night.}


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Chatterbeak tries to hide behind Varrel's neck and nips and the pseudo dragons tail, counting on his master to protect him.
Ark! No, not you. Not you. Master only let's me sit up here. Go Away lizard thing.

Varrel throws up a protective hand to halt any reprisal.


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko cocks his head at the angry bird pecking at his armored and barded flanks and chirps in amusement... his tail stinger twitching anxiously but not threatening.

When Ashe's request is heard he turns his attention to him and takes flight to seek the young girl's tracks...

His parting thoughts heard by all, {Silly "bird thing"... too drunk to fly probably...}


Chatterbeak nearly falls of his pearch, not expecting the mental intrusion, Ark! Hears the lizard in his head, Chatterbeak does. Evil thing. Zap him master, please.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Calm yourself friend and sit still till you sober up.

He pats the bird.
Are we following the Pseudo dragon, Una? This girl does sound like our best lead.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Indeed, once Majenko stops bickering with Chatterbeak, he can discern some likely tracks leading from the location One Eye pointed out towards North Point...

DM giggling in the staff room at the behaviour of these creatures!


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"If nothing else, finding the girl may reveal something about who or what was originally on the ship."

Una nods. "Let's continue following that course of action for now."


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko flies toward the indicated section of the beach and lands stalking about like some tiny caricature of a full dragon. Its almost comical until one notices his stinger and the flex of his wings that indeed he has found a trace... his emotions displayed by the twitch of his tail and the anxiousness of his wings as he takes flight again a clear direction obviously in mind.

He hisses menacingly at his discovery as the hunt begins...!

His thoughts come in waves of excitement, {I find! This way, this way! Young girl went this way!}


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe smiles at the little dragon's excitement but is clearly impressed by Majenko's abilities.

Turning to One-Eye Ashe winks at him, "My thanks... Elder One-Eye..."

And slips him a gold piece in reward.

[Total Spent: 1gp]

Standing Ashe strides away placing his helm back on, visor up. Returning to 'Red Hoof's' reins, Ashe mounts up and with a nod to Una follows after Majenko.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel sets off at a walk with the rest.
*Sigh*
Chatterbeak, our knight in shining armor needs to catch his pet, which has apparently forgotten we are on foot. Keep them in your sight please. I can find my way to you so long as they don't get more than a mile in front.

Chatterbeak flaps after Ashe, if somewhat wobbily.


Slow down there cowboy - I don't know where Majenko gets scent from, but its not standard for a pseudodragon

Even if Majenko, specifically, does have scent - it doesn't allow him to auto-track anybody. Instead he can attempt a Survival check to track, with a base DC 10 + 2 per hour passed (not considering circumstance modifiers). Given that I expect it to be mid-afternoon now, and pre-dawn might be around 5am, I figure around 9 hours would've passed, making the tracking DC by scent around DC 28.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

I'm only following Megan's lead on this. I posted before on the night of the ship's arrival this:
-----
With that Majenko darts off into the night and is at least three blocks away before... he realizes he doesn't know exactly where Ashe was going.

Then pondering he considers that he didn't actually say exactly what Ashe asked him to... but dismisses it as unimportant. The adventurers were not going to come was clear. Maybe they were going to do that long sleep thing they did everyday...? Majenko never really understood that when there was so much to do... he rested several times a day so he could always be ready for all the action.

Ah well... they were not dragons, so he would seek to find what action was going on... he was sure Ashe would not be far from it.

Setting his concentration on his keep senses Majenko fluttered his forked tongue moving from one street to another trying to catch a hint of Ashe's scent on the night's breezes.

He found just the barest whiff and meandered following as quickly as possible... heading down some streets and loosing and back tracking he made his way north. Toward the sounds of the firing city gunnery...
-----
And this is indeed misleading to Megan as I was just being flowery with my descriptions. I actually had no intention of introduced Majenko again that night as I was going to post at the end that he grew tired unable to find Ashe and just went home to Whiteplume Manor as Psuedodragons do not actually have scent. But Megan had Majenko fly up having found Ashe... I figured that Megan would have known that psudodragons can't track by scent and should have corrected her but I was not sure she was just trying to move the story along so I kept silent. Perhaps this was an error on my part. I apologize.

For the record, Megan, Shakhan is correct pseudodragons do not have scent ability. I thought you knew this; I should have made my flowery post hinting at such an ability - clearer. That was not my intent to give him abilities he does not have. I just know that lizards do indeed have very good scent as their eyes are not as great it seemed an appropriate description... when you ran with it I should have told you so.

When Megan had Majenko find Ashe the night of the ship arrival... I was surprised as well {again I thought Megan knew his abilities}! But it was HER story so - proceeding upon her post I requested Majenko do the same thing here. I did not post he found the tracks on the beach - Megan, again, posted that Majenko did indeed find a trace and headed off toward Northpoint.

I'm sure it is her way to further the story - when, in the end, all that REALLY matters is the flow of the story regardless of what the rules say. I'm all for supporting the printed black and white but when the DM points a direction... I follow.

I'll leave it up to Megan if she wants some roll from Majenko to follow the tracks.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

He can lose the tracks or not. As long as we get to north point. This girl is obviously our next story point.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle follows along on the new and obvious lead to Northpoint.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Majenko is following footsteps in the sand. Anyone not blind as a bat who's on that bit of the beach could do the same!

Anyway, said footsteps head off in the direction of North Point. Once you all get to more solid ground the trail is lost, unless someone wants to start tracking properly. However, heading in a straight line continuing in the direction the footsteps were going, there's a small market-place. Mostly food, a few other stalls - cheap jewellry, cloth, a cobbler.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe follows his scaly friend to the edge of the beach and the end of the tracks extending an arm for Majenko to perch upon, "Well-done my friend! Thank you!"

Ashe reins 'Redhoof' to a light trot {half move} so as not to outdistance the party's movement. He trots into the small shore-side marketplace and asks some of the stall owners if they have seen 'Breeze', from Trail's End come through here.

In passing Ashe will purchase two more sticks of meat on a stick and give them to Majenko... who, in turn, scrambles up onto Ashe's shoulders for a more solid perch as he devours them happily.

[spend 2sp]

As Ashe's detect Evil ability is still running he will concentrate occasionally looking about the marketplace for any traces... not really looking for anything specific, but he is still concerned about the first Card in the Harrow reading - 'Evil plots in the past' {... perhaps they will leave some trace in the present?}

Ashe continues asking various stall owners and hawkers as to Brienna 'Breeze' of Trail's End's whereabouts trying to locate the young lass.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

[OCC: GOOD GRIEF!! These rolls are just shocking! I'm probably going to roll for suck in the next combat! LOL!]


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

What do you mean 'Start' sucking? ;)

Varrel and the others gradually catch up to the paladin.
Chatterbeak lands on his masters shoulder, somewhat the better for the flight.
At least our young friends charm is paying off so far.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"That is what I had relied on. I thought it best to channel that specific talent rather than become agitated when he uses it when its not called for."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Asking around, firstly a pie-seller - "Bubbly pies! Hot delicious pies! - and then a large lady running a jewellry stall remember Breeze.

"She's always been looking big-eyes at my earrings," the large lady says, "But never had two coppers to rub together. This morning she came up with a fistful of coins and bought herself some, and a stack of bangles. Didn't look well, poor lass, for all her money and delight in spending it. Had a nasty red rash and some blisters all over her face, like an allergic reaction - my sister's husband's brother's son had one like that once after he went running around in the woods and fell foul of some evil five-fingered plant... anyway, after she'd bought her bangles she said she felt a bit punk and was going home. Hope she's all right, poor mite."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe listens to the large woman running the jewelry stall pondering her words closely.

{A rash on her hands and blisters all over her face? What did she find in the chest? Whatever it was - she got sick really fast!! This is serious!!!}

{Majenko, inform my companions of the EXACT words the woman just spoke to me... and only my companions please!}

Ashe asks the woman, "I see - I will see to the child's health she may have made contact with some foul magic I am in pursuit of. Did 'Breeze' have a chest with her or did she mention where she might have found her newfound wealth?"

Ashe on suspicion looks closely at the woman herself... especially her face and hands is there any sign of a slowly forming similar malady upon her person?

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Healing: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The psuedodragon on his shoulder looks at the woman very carefully from his perch on the armored shoulder ... his tongue scenting the air... trying to get insight into the woman's health...

{Majenko's} Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko's wings stir nervously - the import and concern in Ashe's thoughts clearly stressing the seriousness of this information.

Majenko casts his gaze around looking for Ashe's companions and telepathically sends to each of them, {Ashe wants you all to know fat woman said this - 'This morning she {meaning human girl-child} came up with a fistful of coins and bought herself some, and a stack of bangles. Didn't look well, poor lass, for all her money and delight in spending it. Had a nasty red rash and some blisters all over her face, like an allergic reaction - my sister's husband's brother's son had one like that once after he went running around in the woods and fell foul of some evil five-fingered plant... anyway, after she'd bought her bangles she said she felt a bit punk and was going home. Hope she's all right, poor mite.'


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una happens to be close enough to overhear the jewelry seller's explanation.

"Pardon me, madam. Do you still have the coins the girl purchased the jewelry with? I would like to see them if I can."

Una speaks in a gruff voice, but not entirely mean or overly powerful.

Intimidate?
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I would go so far as to pay you for the specific coins she used?
3 on top of her amount?


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle starts getting the heebie geebies.

"Ahhh, don't you all think it might be a good idea to at least take some steps against whatever it is we are looking for. I mean, I have a vial that aids in resisting disease. It's an anti-plague solution which boosts your resistance to diseases and the like. I would suggest maybe we go and buy some. I am sure, every disease hunter out there has at least a vial or two."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe smiles at the gnome, "Its just coins Master Diggle, their minting might give us some clue as to their source and origin. But just to be safe, if no one minds, I can solely handle them... disease and sickness have no hold on me due to the goddess' favor."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The woman seems in rude health, but fishes in a belt pouch and produces several coins.

"Here you go... do you think these caused her malady?" She looks rather worried.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5
Asherick Whiteplume wrote:
Ashe smiles at the gnome, "Its just coins Master Diggle, their minting might give us some clue as to their source and origin. But just to be safe, if no one minds, I can solely handle them... disease and sickness have no hold on me due to the goddess' favor."

Diggle looks at Ashe in wonder. Oh how he loves learning things.

"That is a wonderful blessing indeed. A true gift indeed and one I should see you put to use. Thank you kindly for the offer Whiteplume. I will gladly forgo the hands on approach if you don't mind."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods to the lady and will gladly accept the coins. Ashe looks closely at the coin's minting to get some idea as to their origin.

"You look to also be a little... unwell too ma'am. Here, this is a alchemical concoction from 'Hedge Wizardry'... one of Master Phaeton Skoda's own remedies! Its an anti-plague serum... just as a precaution ma'am... its yours to use. I would take it now... it is not a cure but it is preventative and can forestall a sickness if used quickly after being exposed to some infection."

Ashe pulls out of his pouch his dose of anti-plague and gladly gives it to the woman.

Turning to Varrel, Ashe asks,"Would you please mind recompensing the lady as you suggested, friend Varrel?"

Speaking to the party in a more soft tone not unhearable by the stall lady but not carrying to others nearby.

'I have holy magics ready to detect and analyze the presence of any disease or sickness but it is an instant miracle and I want to cast it in the presence of the sick child - Brienna, ere I expend it. Rest assured if there is some foul disease associated with these events Iomedae will reveal its origin and nature.'

Turning back to the lady, "Are these ALL the coins Breeze used?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel makes the coin exchange.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Well, its nice to see that the group is competent enough to read my mind and carry out my plan of action, but it leaves me with fairly little to do, doesn't it. Ah well, I suppose there's cigars around here somewhere.

Una looks over the coins carefully, while Ashe is holding them.

Perception (10)
10 + 9 = 19

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"I think so... um, I used one for some bubbly pies and paid my monthly stall rental... but that's most of them," says the jewellry-seller.

Una, the coins are of an archaic Chelish design.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Una Therlmagne wrote:

Well, its nice to see that the group is competent enough to read my mind and carry out my plan of action, but it leaves me with fairly little to do, doesn't it. Ah well, I suppose there's cigars around here somewhere.

Una looks over the coins carefully, while Ashe is holding them.

Perception (10)
10+9

Great minds think alike


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe listens to the stall woman and pans his gaze around the marketplace a growing dread coming over him.

His thoughts are troubled, {If these coins are the source of Brienna's sickness... we are too late to stop others from contracting it... we will never chase all these coins down quick enough. I must know...}

To the lady he says, "Thank you dear lady, if I were you I would not accept coins of this minting again or at least not handle them with your bare hands. Goddess preserve and protect thee, Good day to you!"

Ashe moves away from the stall gesturing for the others to follow... leading 'Redhoof' by her reins, just out of ear-shot of the stall keepers.

Turning to Varrel keeping his voice low, "Friend Varrel would you please cast detect magic and look upon these coins?"

While he waits for Varrel's casting Ashe focuses his attention on the coins and detects for the presence of evil.

Move Action: Detect Evil on singular object for 3round instant effect and result!

Ashe speaks to the party - keeping his voice low as he does not want fear to spread, "...I do not think we can do any further good here... but we should go to Trail's End and find Brienna, she has some malady that needs to be analyzed. And if we can arrest her sickness we can at least keep that community from contracting further disease... at least from her."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel follows the paladins line of thinking.
He casts DETECT MAGIC and tries to identify if the coins have any magical properties.
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Varrel, would you mind keeping some notes in the back of your book? We need to track down these coins."

While he is casting his divination spell, Una turns back to the woman.

"Where do you pay the monthly rent at?"

As the logistics start to eat away at Una's logical capabilities, she begins to grow worried. One point of origin had already developed into two points of origin. As the money flowed, so would the disease. It might take an army to track down every last coin, and still some might be missed. It was a nightmare waiting to happen, and Una had to quickly stop thinking about it before it rattled her further.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel nods at the suggestion and after sufficient examination, pulls the blank parchment that once held the MOUNT spell he used to get to the Temple of many and produces a quill for anything Una would like scribed. He spell book was far to precious for note taking but he could serve her purpose.

What would you like noted?


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle must not have told anyone he was a scribe by trade as yet. He digs about in his bag and grabs his inkwell and goes to stand with Varrel holding his ink out for Varrel to dip the tip when needed.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una nods curtly and begins pointing out the logistics of the disease, if indeed the coins were the cause of it.

"We now have roughly four points of origin for the disease, and possibly more if the girl has used coins elsewhere. The girl herself, the jewelry merchant, the bubbly pie merchant, and the stall owner. I am uncertain if the disease spreads only by touch of the coins, or even if the coins are the definite cause of it. My medical studies include mainly the anatomical, not the pathological. But enough to know about the deadly potential of disease when it strikes a military corp."

"Indeed, it may be too late to track down the coins. Not without the help of the civil authorities. This entire district must probably be quarantined. But I will leave that decision to those in charge of doing so."

She looks over Varrel's shoulder as he writes.

"Perhaps you might also include a drawing of the coins. We might be able to have warnings posted throughout the city."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel had intended to use PRESTIGIATION to make ink, but Diggles assistance was a pleasant surprise.
Thank-you Master Diggle.

He draws Una a Picture of the coin. He was no artist but the coin and stamp was fairly easy.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una looks over Varrel's shoulder as he draws.

"Good. I think that will do. I think we should warn the authorities about this potential danger, before it grows into something completely unmanageable."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"We need to show it around here so people avoid them and limit them being passed around."

Diggle seems eager to get the ball rolling.

"Beware the accursed coins. A mere touch will afflict you with a curse and affliction!!"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe listens to his comrades in silence his thoughts racing... and dread growing.

"I have a fear... that this is no accidental infection. Consider the choice of the disease vector. Not a random bite from some diseased creature or contact with diseased clothing or a particular food. No. Specifically it was in a chest of silver shields that anyone would want to touch and give to others - ostensible for the value of their trade. Not gold sails or copper pinch coins... but silver shields. From highest noble to lowliest beggar silver coins can be found in most people's possession. Not a lowly copper pinch coin as many a noble would disdain bother touching so paltry a coin and not a gold sail coin that many a beggar could live their entire life without ever setting eyes on one... but a silver shield, the coin of trade that everyone high and low would come in contact with. I sense a very sinister plot here!"

"An entire plague ship for just the happen-stance that one 'singular' chest would be jarred free of the cargo to be 'fortuitously' washed ashore and not down stream to the sea so it would 'luckily' be found out of all the flotsam, recovered and the chest was not EVEN locked like any sensible coin chest would be? Too many coincidences for it to be ... not intentional to my thinking!"

"I ask, what if there were more than just one chest?"

He pauses scowling darkly...

"Forgive me, I talk my thoughts aloud too much. We must be certain that the coins are diseased... I have only one miracle prepared. Come, let us find Brianna so I may confirm that whatever ails her is indeed also sourced on these coins before we cry wolf and look the fool unnecessarily."

3,051 to 3,100 of 6,056 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.