Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


3,001 to 3,050 of 6,060 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Seeing the docks come into view, Varrel looks to Diggle. Hopon my friend. We'll fly high and look for flotsam, then land near it and you can speak to the fish perhaps?

Varrel gets Diggle comfortably piggy backed them activates his Levitation SLA (1/day, 5min, 500lbs limit) and takes them straight up 180feet (3min ascent) and then holds at whatever height they spot something of note. He uses the entire duration to allow a good look (can make repeated perception checks to notice any flotsam or wreakage.), to find rubbish or notice gulls flocking over floating bodies or any other dross.

Will wait to see what they spot.Perception if needed1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Chatterbeak perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Don't jostle about much Master Diggle, we are merely levitating for now. I'll use true flight once we spot something worth investigating.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una walks down the shoreline outside the walls on the west side of the river (north of the bridge), and begins looking around.

Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe dismounts and leading Redhoof by the reins heads down to the beach/shore following Una. Just before stepping onto the beach Ashe ties Redhoof's reins to one of the ubiquitous wooden pilings at the river's edge before heading down to the shore to look about. Every once in a while Ashe will detect evil casting his gaze about looking for anything at the rivers edge or perhaps just below the rivers surface near the shore.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle does as Varrel requests. He is extremely excited which indeed causes Varrels. We'd to request he not wriggle around too much. He was holding on for dear life with his small hands but luckily he was only lightly encumbered and it was too difficult. He looks around for the signs they were after.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Bloody posts on Iphone. Grammar and spelling! Edit# He is extremely excited which indeed causes Varrel's need to request he not wriggle around too much. Edit#was only lightly encumbered and it wasn't too difficult.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

You there Megs?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

She's here someplace. She posted a review this morning... :)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I'm here... teaching started now, so a bit more erratic at posting... cannot shout at students for goofing off then do so myself :)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

And now I remember, I posted something Friday, the post-monster got it then I was distracted by something else and never reposted...

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

On the beach

Plenty of flotsam around, and some scavengers picking through it.

In the air

From up here, it looks quiet and peaceful. A maintenance crew is working on the trebouchet. A couple of ships are docked and are being unloaded. Two pseudodragons fly past, curious about who is sharing their airspace.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Well, Master Diggle, unless you see anything more interesting, I think it may be worth speaking to those scavaging, the flotsam on the beach. Hold on, I'll make it fun.

Hanging in Midair, when Diggle is ready, Varrel dismisses his levitation and activates FEATHERFALL for a rapid (but safe) straight drop, engaging his FLIGHT hex 20feet above the water and then zigzags around at high speed before landiing on the shore.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe will walk over to the scavengers keeping a respectful distance of about 10'ft to look over whatever they have found he smiles and greets them with a simple, "Good morning..."

If the scavengers are merely animal scavenger he shoos them away to get a good look at the washed up flotsam.

Occasionally he detects evil panning over the scattered flotsam, figuring if something is important enough to give warning in a Harrow reading there may be something more sinister involved that might indicate an evil origin. Especially, since the Harrow reading indicated in the past evil plotting and schemes.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una also looks through some of the flotsam, quickly, but with a scavenger's eye.

Perception (10)
10 + 9 = 19

"Find anything interesting?" She gruffly asks the other scavengers, but keeps her distance from them in case they carry plague.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle lights up and giggles as Varrel turns on the fun.

"I can only imagine the joy you must have when you fly alone. I must study this and find my own way into the air. Now to business. Let us hope these scavengers know a smidge of a tad."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel Lands and let's the Gnome down.
You talk. I am not very good with people.

Used 1min of Flight

Varrel remains 20ft behind the Gnome as he steps forward. He wasn't sure if an armed elf flying about would startle them or not.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle approaches some foragers.

"Have you not heard the warnings about town? There's a monstrous creature harassing the shore and incoming ships? Word is that it's already claimed two ships recently. Have you found any such debris or wares. Don't sugar your words, you have nothing to fear from me."

Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Intimidate 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Shakhan shakes his head. "One day he'll fly too close to the sun, see where that gets him. People not meant to fly. If you up without ground, then you supposed to come down hard. That's how it works."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The scavengers are mostly of the humanoid persuasion, ragged and grubby for the most of them. There are some seagulls as well, making a racket as they squabble over some dead fish.

The flotsam that the humanoid scavengers are picking over is mostly broken wood, which looks - at least to Ashe (and anyone else familiar with sea-faring) - like shattered planks, bits of a mast and such like, the wreckage of a ship. It is all rather sad. However, one thing Una's sharp eyes spot is a complete lack of any personal items.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

A chill crawls down Una's spine as she surveys the wreckage and its lack of personal contents. She quickly finds Shakhan.

She speaks slowly, at first, almost whispering to herself. "There is nothing here but the ship itself. It's either already been picked dry by the scavengers or else.... the ship never had anyone on it to begin with."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Seeing Diggle not yet getting much of a response from the scavengers, he walks over to Una noting her whispered message to Shakhan but not hearing it.
As he walks he runs a keen eye over the remains he passes and his ever present familiar looks for shiny things.

Varrel Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Anything of Note? If this presents a dead end, it may be worth having Ashe check these people for disease, or we can see if any sick have gone to the temples.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Varrel, it was almost a whisper. If you were approaching us, you might have heard it as a murmur.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Noting the impromptu gathering of Una, Shakhan, and Varrel Ashe walks, "..not much to look at here. But the current of the Jeggare River flows somewhat away from this point. Across the river on the shores of the 'Gypsie' Village is a better location to look I think as the river bends around the North End of Korvosa's walls... that shore by the village is a natural wash up point for flotsam from the river."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Ah, no response to Diggle's awesome rolls?

Diggle uses his 'Speak with Animals' ability and goes to talk with the seagulls.

Squawk Caw Scree Squawk:
Hail little masters of the beach and sky. Might I speak with you a minute or two? Diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 We land lubbers here have a job and it involves your area of expertise you see. We need to know if there were any odd wooden water floaters or ships as we call them. This particular one may have had something nasty aboard that would make many, many very ill. This ship may have actually sunk somewhere near or may have run aground some where near. If they are unaware, Diggle asks them for a trade. He will buy them what ever they desire in return for him asking his flock or other birds. As a show of good faith, Diggle would agree to go and purchase whatever it is they request, within reason and meet them back at this spot in a couple of hours.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Three seagull alight on Diggle's shoulders, jostling for space.

Scree Squawk Awk

Diggle:
Fish. Fresh fish, land-walker. Bits of man-floaty thing, smashed up by flying rocks last night, here: no food. Disappointed.

The humanoid scavengers, meanwhile, eye these well-dressed visitors to 'their' beach askance.


Male Human DM/32

Caw Gaw Gaw Scree:
Well done masters. Well done indeed. You have been most helpful. Flying rocks... How interesting. Nothing else you can recall. It is most important. I will double the fresh fish by bringing more tomorrow if you can. He smiles non threateningly.
Now let me repay your clever observations. I shall return in a short time.

Let me know what the fish payments will be for the two days please and I shall strike it off my purse.

Diggle will go to Una before heading to the fish monger, ushering the others in as well and tells them of the information.

"These wonderful creatures here have said that a man-floaty thing was smashed up by flying rocks last night. No food for them washed up which of course caused them great disappointment. I mean to fill their bellies for the help. I'll be back in short order."

He leaves the follow up questioning of the scavengers to Una and Shakhan with their new information on hand.

"Varrel, would you mind accompanying me to purchase some fresh fish to fill my end bargain."

What ever Varrel's decision, Diggle will go immediately to the fish monger and buy up what ever is appropriate and pay someone to cart it back for him. Diggle is very keen to find out if Una and Shakhan shake any more information from these scavengers on the beach. He thinks he might need get a little more persuasive if they hide behind their pauper appearances.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una approaches Ashe.

"You could use your charms on these scavengers, to see if you can get them to tell us anything."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Of Course, Diggle. Let's go.

Varrel heads off with the Gnome.


"That's more than a little strange, Una, could some magic sail a ship?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods to Una and replies, "...I'll do what I can."

Turning to Diggle and Varrel before they dash off... Ashe moved to catch them, "Diggle... the best Fishmongers are in the Green Market they are also cheaper. The fish caught at this end of the river are not usually caught and ate cause they are downstream of the eastside sewage of Korvosa.. they are filthy fish. I'd suggest going to the Green Market - much fresher fish there."

Then turning to Varrel he hands him a handful of silver, "Varrel in the streets there are morning vendors that sell hot 'meat on a stick', in the Green Market its actually decent meant and not potentially cooked rat... could you purchase six sticks for me and bring them back? They are silver a piece. I'd really appreciate it... thank you."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Ashe eyes the money warily. Was he giving him an order or asking a friend, Varrel wondered. He was.again reminded of his, past. Ashe may not know it, but despiteall the paladins kindness, the young human had a talent for making Varrel feel like a slave again.

Very well.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una hands a gold piece to Varrel with a wink and a smile.

"Can you pick one up for yourself and me as well, if you don't mind? We haven't eaten since dinner last night. You're probably hungry too."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

oops, wrong alias last post, what a dork

Diggle is thankful for the directions from Ashe and awaits Varrel as he is asked to also make a brunch run.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

No worries, Diggle: I'd assumed it was you when it started talking to seagulls!

So, Varrel and Diggle are going shopping for fish and meat-on-a-stick. Will the rest await their return or talk to the scavengers straight off?

Diggle, you can get loads of 'fish bits' - offcuts, guts, etc. - for a couple of silvers, whilst whole fresh fish are 3 silvers apiece.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle buys ten whole fresh fish for a total of 3gp thinking that would do just fine for the gulls.

"I'll take ten of those then, the full fresh ones with the nice bright eyes. I'll pay the three gold sails if you organise someone to carry the smelly things for me."


Shakhan is fine hanging around scaring away potential threats until their return.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Diggle Spindlewell wrote:

Diggle buys ten whole fresh fish for a total of 3gp thinking that would do just fine for the gulls.

"I'll take ten of those then, the full fresh ones with the nice bright eyes. I'll pay the three gold sails if you organise someone to carry the smelly things for me."

Varrel laughs at the precious Gnome.

He buys the requested meat sticks.
Wrap it all up please. The fish separate. I will carry it. Come, Master Diggle, let's rejoin our companions


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle can't but help himself and also buys some food to snack upon. One to get the stink of the fish markets out of his nostrils and two, his mouth started watering and his tummy started grumbling.

Striking another 5 silver off for the skewers.

"I can certainly see why Ashe is so fond of these meat sticks."

Diggle isn't waiting, he eats them on the walk back. He offers one to the person sent to carry his fish. You will see the slick grease in the corners of his mouth when they reach the waters edge again and a piece of the meat somehow clinging to his mustache.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"So, did you manage to shake them down at all? Anything useful or are we going to go swimming? Big flying rocks? What manner of magic would do such damage?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Asherick waits patiently for Varrel and Diggle to return walking casually around the beach. He removes his helm carrying it under his arm as he searches - he smiles and is polite to the scavengers but gives them a polite amount of space.

When Varrel and Diggle return Ashe makes his way over to Varrel taking only five 'Meet-on-a-stick' from him with the gentle words, "...Thank you my friend and I ask your forgiveness... I did not say please."

Gesturing to the one he did not take, "That one is yours... friend Varrel...", with a smile he heads over to the Scavengers he comments in passing to Diggle, "Patience... patience... I'll see if they know something useful."

Ashe walks over to a group of them and greets them, "Good morning Miters and Ma'ams... here you seems so intent on your morning searches that I figured you might be hungry from your efforts. I'm know your were not seeking alms but it is a kindness I wish to share with thee for nothing more than some neighborly conversation."

Ashe hands out the sticks to any willing to accept - he does not take one himself, "I am 'Sir' Asherick Whiteplume-Stolyarev, Paladin of Iomedae - sometimes called 'Grey Knight', Good day be to you! I'm investigating the ship that came into the harbor last night in the witching hours. It was intimated by the harbor watch that it might have had dangerous... perhaps even lethal cargo ere it was sunk. I'm trying to find out if anything of note was spotted or recovered by anyone this morning... I'd hate for something dangerous to have been washed ashore and recovered unknowingly. Did any of you spot any bodies, or personal effect that might give some identity to the ships owners or cargo? I'm working on behalf of the Korvosan Guard any useful information would be rewarded in kind."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
* Ashe, of course, is wearing his Medal - Pseudodragon’s Mark {Champion of Korvosa}

Majenko perches upon his shoulder none-too-subtly trying to snatch one of the sticks of freshly cooked meat...


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

As there were only three gulls, Diggle will offer the tenth and final fish to Majenko after handing out the others one a time to the three gulls who had been so helpful. He of course unsure whether the little charismatic dragon would accept his gift.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The scavengers eye Ashe warily but free food works a treat!

"We dunno much, Lord," says one, gobbling his meat. "Thankee. Odd it be, we have found nothing but bits of boat. Rumour has it one that was here early found a small chest, but we haven't seen anything like that nor the one said to have found it."

The gulls are delighted with their treats.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Sheesh... what's with my last post? I don't understand why it didn't update when I modified it so the first spoken words were more coherent? Annoying. It was supposed to say: "Good morning Misters and Ma'ams... you seemed so intent on your morning searches that I figured you might be hungry from your efforts. I know you were not seeking alms - but it is a kindness I wished to share with thee; for nothing more than some neighborly conversation."
Anyways...

Ashe smiles, "No need to call me lord good sir, I'm just a citizen like you - trying to live right in the god's sight... nothing more. But you say a chest? Did any of you see the chest and if it had any distinguishing marks or design?"

Majenko... annoyed with Ashe for not giving him any meat-on-a-stick, flutters from his perch... easily enticed by Diggle's offered fresh fish. The little dragon lands upon his shoulder and chirps happily digging into the offered fish his tail trashing about excitedly.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel cannot help but suppress a grin. Ashe always insisted 'no need to call me lord', yet made sure to always introduce himself as 'Sir' Whiteplume. So humble, yet quietly vain. At least his heart was in the right place...

Yes, that's me, just a regular citizen like you. Ignore the steed and shining armor. Besides THAT I'm the same as you. Oh, AND my title and familial manse, but besides that...


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una also raises an eyebrow at Ashe's false humility, but she's come to expect it, so it doesn't have as much of the humorous effect it has on Varrel.

Her ears do perk up when she overhears the part about the chest being picked up, and makes a mental note to combine that with the information she's already collected about the plague ship.


Shakhan rumbles his hulking features next to Ashe, his eyes survey the flotsamcrawlers grimly. "Who has the chest?" he asks.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The scavengers back off, still clutching their meat.

"W...we don't know. Just... rumours. A girl, they said. Ask One Eye. He sees EVERYTHING!"

They point at an old fellow sitting on a bollard.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe smiles, "I thank you good Sirs and Ladies. Be not worried over Shahan's fearsome mean... he is a stalwart warrior, practical and true - if a bit on the rough and unpolished side. He means no harm. Please, best of fortune to you."

Ashe gives them each a silver piece with the soft words, "...for your lunch when the need strikes you."

[total Spent: 11sp]

Ashe walks over to the one called 'One-Eye' and crouches down to one knee on the beach to speak to him eye to eye respectfully.

"Good morning Mister One-Eye, you may have heard already, we are seeking any clues as to the nature of the contents and or owners for the ship that was sunk last night by the Harbor Guard. Your fellows over yonder mentioned that you might have seen some young girl recover a chest that washed ashore? Do you know who the lass is or where she went?"

Ashe leans closer and earnestly explains in a soft voice so as not to be carried to the others.

"I see you are and elderly man and with such age often comes wisdom. I'll be more open with thee honored elder. We fear that some dangerous infection may have been concealed on-board the sunken ship. I fear for the young lass' safety. I trust to your wisdom to keep this information discretely to yourself but use it to steer your fellow beachcombers away from anything that might seem a danger if you can. We do not wish to cause a panic as I'm sure your years of wisdom will make obvious to thee. Can you help us find out where this chest was taken and who has possession? It may indeed not provide us with anything useful in finding this potential threat... but I would be deeply grieved if a child was sickened or harmed due to my lack of thoroughness."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle loves the party dynamic. How interesting these people manage to work together. Shakhan's unpolished method sparks excitement within his belly. His fingers twitch as spells begin to swim in his mind. The magic coming unbidden and dancing over his lips and tongue. It was part of him and he had to let it be sometimes. Ashe walks away so Diggle points at the ground near the scavengers feet. He lets three magic missiles loose being sure not to hit them. Afterward he looks at them and speaks.

"Well, run along then. You are of no use to us now are you."

Diggle smirks and shivers at the use of his magics. He looks to the others staring at him.

"What?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"That wasn't a nice thing to do, Diggle." Una frowns at the gnome. "We never use crowd control tactics unless diplomacy fails or speed is of the essence. You forget, they have as much a right to be here as we do. Possibly moreso if this is where they usually are."


Shakhan smirks for a moment at Diggle's antics. With not much success he tries to soothe the agitation in the scavengers by shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head. Aside to Una he adds, "Don't worry too much, it's how young ones learn."

3,001 to 3,050 of 6,060 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.