Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,951 to 3,000 of 5,888 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

After Shakhan's (hopefully quick) side stop, Varrel and his once again, intoxicated bird, and the party arrive at their destination. Varrel gives the guards a greeting (regretting now, that he had sold his medallion) and moves into the courtyard.

The place seemed a little busier than usual. Hopefully it was his imagination but it was not surprising given recent events.
Let's see what the martial has to say shall we? And shakhan , please stop giving Chatterbeak sips from your potions, he is no good to me if he cannot stand, much less fly.


Oooooo!.. Wash out Crackers man. .Marshter, is cranky today. And I can too fly. wash!

Chatterbeak flaps about like, well a drunken bird, and crashes into a donkey's side, getting a whinny from the creature before Varrel saves him from being stepped on.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una remarks noncommittally to the bird, "Chatterbox, do be quiet. We don't need a lot of attention on us right now. Nor at any moment. I expect you to be on your best behavior." She looks around at the people around her, noticing that most are ignoring them. Good, that's the way she likes it. She lowers her voice conspiratorially.

"We still have to figure out the misaligned Paladin."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Field Marshal Kroft comes walking across the courtyard heading to her office eating a bread roll.

"Come to see me?" she asked, chuckling at the antics of the drunken bird. "Come on into my office."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe follows the party to the 'Peg-Legged Goat'. He makes no comment nor can his expression be read, but he does not dismount waiting patiently outside for the party to finish inside.

Majenko preens restlessly his scales at Ashe's armored shoulder when the party exits.

Ashe follows to Citadel Volshynek entering the courtyard with the Guardsmen in morning practice. He nods and returns any greetings with a polite acknowledgement in gestures but says nothing.

Majenko takes flight chirping happily with a flight of pseudo-dragons roosting on the citadel's eaves.

Ashe trots "Redhoof" into the yard and dismounts walking the steed over to a post to secure her reins. Returning he gathers with the party - if he heard Una's comment he makes no sign of it.
He politely salutes the field Marshal, "Good morrow Field Marshall Kroft! Yes some discussion of... recent events would be conducive."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Megan Robertson wrote:

Field Marshal Kroft comes walking across the courtyard heading to her office eating a bread roll.

"Come to see me?" she asked, chuckling at the antics of the drunken bird. "Come on into my office."

Of course, Field Marshall. Varrel picks up his familiar. He wondered at how much of the bird's drunkenness was a reflection of Varrel. Familiars, it was said were infused with a portion of the Masters soul. One would expect them to share similar personality but in Chatterbeak's case the bird seemed more a Mirror for every emotion the former slave had repressed for over a century. While Varrel was methodical and reserved, Chatterbeak gave in to every vice and instinct that came to him. He was Varrels' inner child, released.

Familiar language:
No wonder I need you. You have my fun for me.


Shakhan didn't have much himself, just a quick mug to verify that - yes, this was adequate horse piss.

At the Field Marshall, the after effects are not even noticeable. At most he didn't bother too push past the guards quite as gruffly as he'd usually do. "'morning."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una dares not try any of the swill at the Peg-Legged Goat, preferring wine of finer tastes. She is brusque and formal as usual with the Marshall.

"We've heard about the plague ship. I don't know what more can be added to the stresses of the city's populace. The king assassinated and an innocent charged. Hellknights patrolling the city with an iron grip. The queen acting rather unfortunately given the circumstances of the city. Crime on a spree, followed by the threat of possible plague." She looks over the Marshall with an appraising eye.

"I do not envy you your job."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe asks the Marshal after following her to her office with the party, "Have you had anyone search the sunken ship or has there been any wreckage wash up on the shores? I asked the Gunnery Guard if the port-master had any records of a ship scheduled to arrive last night or if there was any identifying colors the vessel flew identifying origin or nationality. Has anything been reported to you on the matter?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"There is little that I can tell you, beyond the fact that a vessel bearing the yellow lights of plague infection refused to halt and was consequently sunk. Perhaps you would be good enough to investigate for me - I am busy enough with ensuring everything stays calm after last night's... adventures," said the Field Marshal.

"Now, Sir Asherick came to see me last night, as did Diggle. Did the rest of you see anything yesterday evening? Or know where whoever it was that was to be executed has got to?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Why Marshall, I am afraid it have no idea. All I heard was that the poor woman vanished from sight, perhaps teleported to safety by the Masked Capering Fool. Wherever she is, I would like to think she is safe.

Varrel smiles as he answers.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

"I would think if it was indeed the famous 'Blackjack' he would have spirited her to safety somewhere out of the city... but who knows what Blackjack is up to?"

Ashe demurs the issue switching subject, "We could investigate what information is to be had on the ships at the dock-masters office but the do a search of its sunken remains we would need some magical resources... potions of Water Breathing or significant alchemical resources... quite few Air Crystals."

"But on a different subject Marshal Kroft... I'm curious as to know when Devargo Barvasi is to have his trial and execution? Not every evil of Korvosa can be dealt with at once but it would settle my heart glad to know at least one guilty and unrepentant heart had ceased its wicked scheming."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"That trial is set for tomorrow, as it happens. I do not think that any of you will be needed, but word will be sent if you are required. As for the rest, should underwater investigation be required, appropriate resources will be placed at your disposal."

The Field Marshal seems to accept what is said about 'Blackjack' and the girl he rescued without further discussion (but is that a slight smile playing around her lips?).

"Anything else?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe meets the Field Marshal's eyes just as Majenko returns to land somewhat awkwardly on Ashe's shoulder a half eaten fish in his clutches. His tail thrashes about happily as he finishes the meal nosily and Ashe does not miss the slight smile on the Marshal's expression.

Instantly realizing the measuring gaze the Marshal is giving him and her familiarity with his own mannerisms and outspoken devotion to justice and truth plus his close friendship with his new pseudo-dragon companion leaves no question that she has little doubt who the 'Greyeagle' is in truth...

{I will have to be far more careful around people who know me so well... nothing for it now though.}

"Uhm... actually yes Marshal there is. Are you familiar with the Old Korvosan locale known as 'Exemplary Execrables'? It is one of the more blatant hives of evil and public vice that nest in the confines of Old Korvosa. I'd like permission to clear out that hive of villainy... in much the same way we cleared out the lair of the 'Spider King'. I have secured interest in purchasing the building and refurbishing it to admirable use."

Turning to his companions, "...I had wanted to ask you all to assist me in dealing with a haunt of wickedness that preys upon the innocent of Korvosa and panders to some of the city's most vile appetites. I guess now is as good a time to ask as any. I will explain..."

He sighs clearly the subject one of a personal embarrassment about the depths of depravity that exist within his beloved Korvosa.

"Exemplary Excrables is a refurnished former temple of Aroden. It is now the home of a perverse and detestable theatre of all things foul, gore-slicked, and unnaturally pornographic. The theatre's owner, a scoundrel verminous man named Pilts Swatel. He makes a sick mockery of 'employing' performers of unmentionable acts. Numerous... "acts" rotate through the theatre putting on shows four or five nights a week. The theatre's acts include gore-filled plays with faux tortures, false murders, fake rapes, and other fabrications meant to horrify and sicken the audience. By far the most popular act, though, is the so-called "death-play", in which a masked performer gruesomely "murders" a volunteer from the audience for all the rest to enjoy. I know sick and perverse... and yet popular after a fashion. However there is GREAT suspicion by the... spectators and officials who wonder how many of the acts use stage effects and chicanery and how many might actually perform what they purport to only represent. Volunteers sometime turn up missing after a performance, and the theatre has a high turnover rate for young and pretty assistants. Due to these and other complaints, the Sable Company has attempted on multiple occasions to infiltrate and investigate the theatre, and the Korvosan Guard has called upon Hellknights to prematurely end shows more than once."

"Nearly as controversial as the theatre, Exemplary Excerables offers an attached museum. The museum offers exhibits such as "Two-Dozen-and-Three Severed Heads", "Unwanted Fetuses", and "Instruments of Torture and Murder". This last exhibit, the most popular of all, features a working guillotine from Galt, complete with an attached chalkboard counting the numbers of fingers lost to over curious patrons. All other instruments and devices in the exhibit have been supposedly disabled or blunted to hinder inquisitive fools from maiming themselves or others."

"Clearly this is a blot upon the citizenry of Korvosa and a dire insult to the once holy site. I'd like to ask you to assist me in clearing out this hive of wickedness in exchange for any loot you recover. With my previous experience with Devargo and the grizzly evidence of his murders right beneath our feet I have no doubt we will find good reason and evidence to shut down this criminal hive of murder, rape and torture!"

"I know it is not... currently the chief of our concerns but I'd like you to consider it for a time and place we do have time to deal with it."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel catches a flinch from Una as Ashe lays out his request, I wonder what she'll say about that

At the moment, Ashe, should we not remain focused on the larger problem of this plague ship and the Harrow reading? Yours is a worthy goal, do not doubt, and my blade is yours if our leader deigns we have time. But the effects of a Possible Plague in the city would have far reaching effects in short order. I will go with Una's decision on this, perhaps we should check with the temple of Many about any disease outbreak.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe turns to Varrel, "I know friend Varrel, we do have other concerns of more immediate importance but barring us going into the sunken wreak or canvasing the shores for any washed up wreckage the threat of the ship seems ended as it sits at the bottom of the bay. We could of course and I would like to anyways consult with the portmaster to try to learn if there was any record of the ship but little identification of the vessel was made ere it was sunk."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una raises her hand in an understanding protest to Varrel.

"It is quite alright, Varrel. I understand that we do not live within a witch orb. Everyone will still have their own goals and desires. And so long as the group is not endangered by the actions of a single person acting in discordance, we can explore each others' individual goals if time permits. There are many evils in this city, however, and I do not think we can cure them all... Nor should we attempt to. There are other champions of justice who have and will tend to worse than we."

"As for the ship... while we can research that topic by asking others. I think it is best to let sunken ships lie for the moment, particularly ones that might be carrying lethal plagues. What we might wish to do however, is search along its path and see if anyone might have caught the disease. We might be prepared, more than others, to deal with it if we encounter it."

She looks around the office to see if there is a map of the city. "Which way did the ship come from, and where was it finally destroyed? Or is that information we will need to discover for ourselves?"


Shakhan harumphs at the Exemplary Excrables, but a dark grin momentarily passes through his features as the more graphic of Ashe's descriptions find a willing home.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I suppose the two most logical places to look would be either at where the ship came from. Any flotsam that has been washed ashore may provide a clue to where it came from. My biggest concern is that any one carrying disease, her crew perhaps, made the swim to shore and is among the population.. Someone of moral fibre would avoid people and sought a temple for healing. On the other hand an unscrupulous person may well not care and could be frequenting taverns, brothels, markets, you can imagine. So we should check the shoreline perhaps?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Once we can be certain that the city is safe from plague," says the Field Marshal, "Such an exercise as you describe may well be possible, Sir Ashericke."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle made his way back into the city proper. His hind quarters felt like never before. The prospect of the ride was horrific and the reality was so much worse. He knew he would not walk quite right for a number of days but it was sure good to be back in familiar surrounds, even if they were the very same surrounds he had every intention of leaving behind.

He however, had started to make head way toward his goals with the aid of the Field Marshal and the new party of problem solvers he had assisted only days past. Home first of course to ensure all his worldly belongings were safe and secure then, back to his new business of solving problems.

The bad news now out of his foremost mind, could now merely plague him in his subconscious.

"Hmmmm, where too? The Field Marshal of course."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Noting the arrival of a rather Saddle sore looking Gnome, who strides into the Marshall's office looking rather annoyed, Varrel remarks, Master Diggle? I had hoped to see you again good sir! Tell me do you still have inclination to work with us or do circumstances require you elsewhere?

Varrel gives a deferential nod to Una, not meaning to have spoken the invite for her, but the Sorcerer displayed remarkable talent. Such a ally would prove valuable and Varrel found he liked the Gnome.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe turns to smile at Master Diggle's arrival, "Well met again Master Diggle... may the you path ever be filled with wonder. What fortuitous event brings you to our company again, is you mother well?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una turns back towards the map of the city (assuming the Marshall would have one). "Yes, yes. Very good, master Diggle. Welcome back. Now back to the matter of saving lives."

"The direction the ship came from, Marshall? If it came from the north, we have the all of Old Town to investigate. Or at least the coastal regions, not to mention the communities on the other side of the sound."

Una keeps her mind on the tactics of their current predicament.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"Well, well now. Looky here would you. I needs only think of looking for a good time and you more or less appear before me. I say, I much prefer your company than that brutal ragged nag who took some personal amusement in my short legged stature. Horses! I will need to get my hands on some flying device. So much more to my liking and that of my rear ends well being too. Well, short answer is, most assuredly will I once again accompany you. And I conclude, you here is most fortuitous for I best believe that you are already upon a new task, are you not?"

Diggle looks to the Marshall. "My manners, must have left them astride that beast." He staightens himself out as most possible in his bedraggled and weary state but musters his wonderous smile. "Marshal Kroft my wonderfully austere lady, tis a pleasure."

He winks at Asherick, "Mother is recovering well thankfully. I appreciate the concern ol pal." He stifles his ramblings as Una tries to reengage the parties attentions. He listens intently but gets lost for a moment, just enough time to exhale in his companions presence and think to himself 'home' and smile broadly.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I can attest to the pleasures of flight. It is a gift of Magic I have only recently discovered. I will take you sometime if you have not had the opportunity.

He then turns back to Una and the Marshall, waiting for a decision to be made where to look.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"It is good indeed to see you again so soon, Master Spindlewell. Now, I am sure this investigation is in safe hands, so you will excuse me if I attend to other matters..."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe's expression is neutral at Una's remarks.

Replying to Diggle, "I'm glad your mother is well Master Diggle... all lives are of concern to me."

Turning back to the wall map Ashe steps over to it and points out, "...I did not see the actual sinking of the plagueship... but I was here at Northbridge on the Jeggare River and the gunnery positions are here... and here. So I would suggest the best places considering the flow of the river as the ship was sailing up current would be here below the walls of the North Point District defensive curtain walls and... perhaps here along the shores north east of North Bridge near the northern part of Dwarfwalk Road. There is a... "thief" {the term is obviously distastful on his tongue for its stereo-typing of simple struggling poor people in that small community} camp on the shores here... mostly harmless Varisian Gypsies. They have a small dock of fishing boats. If there is flotsam from the wreckage to find these would be the best places to search considering floor of river current."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"We could go and ask the marine animals for information you know. I have an super knack at being able to find obscure details from such creatures. It would be my pleasure to try and see what I find. I am sure we would be able to keep our distance from the vessel but find out if any creatures are getting sick from it too."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Good suggestions, both


Shakhan stares at Diggle with shock and a wide-eyed mixture of horror, distrust and respect. "You... you can speak with animals? Real animals, not like this parrot? ...my father used to say you short folk weren't real people. Not real like humans and dwarves at least."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle takes on an expression of seriousness to reply to Shakhan.

"Yes, yes I certainly can but not as freely as I would like to be able to. Magic opens some wonderful doors Shakhan and I have learned to speak with any animal I so choose for a few minutes each day. Most are quite shocked at the greeting I make them but when you win them over they say some peculiar and terribly amusing things."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

After listening carefully to Ashe's tactical description, she nods as though making a mental note to herself.

"I meant no disrespect, Master Diggle, my thoughts are on pressing matters."

"Since we have two excellent ideas, I wonder if it is a good idea to split up. We no longer have divine healing at our fingertips, so to speak, so I do not think it is an impossible idea. But I am open to suggestions on the specific pursuit of the tasks at hand."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Not like real humans and dwarves?...Superstitions aside Shakhan I am a little surprised at you. Do not the elven women you've bedded count as people? You'll find a world of wonder onoffer if you open your eyes to what magic can do beyond simply making you a better weapon


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle looks immediately to Varrel at Una's suggestion.

"Let us speak with some creatures of the water and then take a fly over any suggested areas to try spot the wreck for confirmation."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel smiles, so the Gnome WAS keen. He'd have to see if Una wanted a ride as well.

Very well, once airborne we can try to spot the wreck depending on how deep it is. Let's not forget it was a PLAGUE card. The meaning could be literal. My fear is that the ship may have bought plague to korvosa. At some point either on the way or coming back we should check with the temples. The sick would likely head there for aid if they have means to pay for healing. I am ready to go.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"Let us away, business is pressing upon us."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe listened to the interchange between the group and smiled interjecting, "I try to look upon all sentient and sapient life as 'real'... as we are all... 'custodians' of the precious undeserved gift of life and intelligence. All life is valuable... different in appearance perhaps... but we all are the same in our needs and desires."

"If I recall my theological studies from the monastery correctly... popular belief is that gnomes are not native to Golarion coming here from another world... but how... 'lack-luster' would our world be without their social contributions to the wonder of creation in its infinite diversity."

Ashe listens to Varrel's light chastisement of Shakhan and lightly blushes poignant memories of his intimate moments with Tessara Kalissreavil... the Mierani Elven ambassador's daughter surfacing unasked for in his memory. Tessara was definitely real and very passionately womanly in her hungry appetites for affection and closeness. She was a Calistrian after all. But Ashe made no comments about their friendship.

Forcing his mind to get back on subject...

"If any wreckage or flotsam from the sunken ship are discovered... it might be best for me to do the up close examination. I cannot catch or carry any diseases or plagues - mundane OR magical."

Scratching Majenko between the wings perched upon his shoulder to which he chirped happily.

"Majenko might be able to keep us in contact if we spilt up but are not too far apart... as long as we give him very specific and explicit messages to convey."

At Diggle's admonishment, Ashe replies,"I'm ready to go... where too first?"


Shakhan waves at Varrel as a one chasing away a fly, and explains gruffly, "Yes yes, elves too. Orcs and the other little folk, halfling, too. But I heard tell that gnomes are not as these; some - even the paladin here - say they're not even of this world! What non-sense is that?! No ordinary man, human or orc or anything, is naturally magical. But these little folk... they're different. They say even the babbling of a gnome infant is magical and otherworldly. I didn't believe it, but this one here makes me think otherwise."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe smiles and interjects, "Uhm... not to contradict you Shakhan... but... apparently from what I've been told... I'm naturally magical. Paladin or not I have a... special gift. My touch... can stabilize the dying no matter how grievously wounded; as long as life is still in them - I can save them from dying. No spellcasting, no divine favor, no paladin granted power. Just me."

"My oddly colored hair is a... banner of this... 'gift'; at least that is what philosophers and mystics I have consulted about it have told me. Golarion is suffused with magic it binds us, surrounds us, and penetrates us... we are all suffused with its power and wonder. Even your gifts of unbridled rage are a form of personal magic."

Ashe glances over at Una noting the impatient and dangerous arch to her eyes gaze. He ushers the group along, "But come such discussions can be for a latter time... we do not wish to perturb our leader with our dallying rhetoric."

Ashe makes his way toward the door, "We should at least head north to North Bridge so you can all see the area we need to search for signs of plague infestation."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel shakes his head and smiles. Spend enough time in the company of Sorcerers, Magai and Paladins, Shakhan. You haven't seen anything yet. Ha!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Nice chatter... where do you want to go first?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una makes for the western shores of the area where the ship had sunk, inviting Shakhan to accompany her.

"Varrel and Diggle said something about flying. I don't think that's the best means of travel. We can see so much more from the ground.... But, every person on their path, without interference."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle looks to Varrel with eager anticipation. He had not dabbled in flight at all but many of his kin when he was much younger would fly around on mounts and on magic alone. It felt to him as a giant leap forward in his learning and development as a magic user.


Exasperation furrows Shakhan's face: "Of course there are always the touched children, even with humans. But it isn't normal in humans. It is normal in these ones." He points to Diggle.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"Shakhan, I will tell you some of my father's tales from my gnomeling years. They are wide eyed wonderful stories. But, I will not do so in such depressing surrounds as a city such as this. To do my heritage and the tales justice, I would insist on being in more natural surrounds."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel Remarks to Una, Diggle and I shall accompany you to the shore and then fly over the Area with Chatterbeak. I can only fly for about 5 mins a day so we'll quickly look from the air and rejoin you on the ground.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe follows the party outside in silence he smirks at Shakhan's frustration, but makes no further comment.

Outside Ashe retrieves "Redhoof" and mounts up, Ready to follow.

"Master Diggle... would you prefer to ride to the North Bridge area's western shores to save your legs somewhat?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle looks at Ashe with total exasperation.

"I'm sure you mean well Whiteplume but my rump has been tenderised enough for at least a good month. I will happily stroll."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

You proceed towards the North Bridge without further ado. The town is coming to life now, shops and other businesses opening their doors and plenty of people out and about.

When you get there, you can visit the docks below, talk to the guard post, go up to the trebuchet station... or do something I haven't thought of! So, what'll it be?

2,951 to 3,000 of 5,888 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.