Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


251 to 300 of 5,959 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una looks to the west side of the boat for a panel or door that might be used for loading the cargo hold.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 18


Risdin moves back to the deck of the boat. He searches the area and the sides of the boat.

Perception 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Well done, Una - you've found a secret door in the side of the boat!

New map

The door is very stiff and sealed up with grime, doesn't look as if it has been opened for ages.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una looks at the grime, covering her nose from the rotten fish egg stench from the walls of the boat. She turns back to Risdin.

"Can you break through this?"


Risdin moves back down to Una and has a look at the secret door, "Shouldn't be too hard to open, let me take out my lockpick", and he slams the door with his shoulder

Strength:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Risdin's "lockpick" proves rather too effective...

...he pops straight through it and across the walkway to land in the river on the far side!

Peering through a bit more cautiously, Una sees that there is a space under the fishery, with about four feet of room between the floor of the building above and the languid, foamy river water below. Wooden pilings support the building, and moss and cobwebs hang thick from ropes and rusted chains between them. A wooden walkway floats on the river surface, winding along the inner wall of pilings that supports the building’s frame above, leading from the sodden barge to the east all the way west to a wooden door that leads into an understructure below the fishery’s landbound half.

Oh. And there is a shark, swimming in lazy circles under the fishery. At least he was. Now he's coming to see what all the splashing's about...


"Aaaaaaaaaaaah! I can't swim in armor!", he shouts as he tries to keep from drowning:

Swim: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

He also tries to clamber out before he succumbs to the ocean gods

Climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una gets on her knees to try to help Risdin back onto the platform. If she sees the shark, she'll take a shot at it.

"Try not to splash too much. Just reach for my hand. We don't know what's in this water."


Shakhan grimly notes the manic note in the half-orcs giggling and switches to attacking him

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

scoring a bloody hit that would fell most men.

Rage rounds used: 4/8

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Shakhan: The half-ork rocks back, then swings his flail again
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The gnome, meanwhile, legs it!

Una: You can see the shark, it seems more curious than bent on out-and-out attack, but it is coming towards Risdin. Do you want to shoot the shark or give Risdin a hand... the poor dear is floundering around at the moment.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una sees the shark but decides to ignore it for the time being and do her best to help Risdin climb out of the river.

Strength 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Shakhan ignores the retreating figure of the gnome - trusting that the other two will catchup to the stubby little gnome legs. Shakhan instead attacks again, drawing his axe along the belly of the half-orc

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

let's hope that is enough!

Rage rounds used: 5/8


Risdin decides to relax and stops his splashing. He holds onto the woman's hands as firmly as possible,"I'm rusting down here!"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Off for the rest of the day due to work.


Male Human Rogue (1)

Vic arrives in time to see Shakhan in pitched battle with a bloody grinning half-orc. The barbarian seems to have the upper hand so he continues after the fleeing gnome. He gets his bow out and nocks an arrow but is hesitant to actually release it. They still don’t know anything about these two. What if they were just onlookers? Cutting them down in the street could earn them all a noose. And if they’re from one of the city’s powerful thieves guilds? Vic doesn’t even want to consider that.

So he decides to fire the first shot safely over the head of his opponent. “Stop, we don’t want to fight you!”

If the gnome doesn’t stop and is in range, Vic will attempt to hit him with the next arrow, Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 ...and fail miserably. :)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Water Sports: Una manages to haul a dripping Risdin up onto the boardwalk, which creaks alarmingly but holds firm. The shark resumes its lazy circling, apparently concluding that the excitement is over for now.

Where now?

Shore Party: Shakhan's second blow nearly cuts the half-ork in twain. He won't be giggling any more...

The gnome shouts something back over his shoulder at Vic but keeps running. As Vic's second arrow clatters harmlessly on the cobbles, he makes an obscene gesture without looking back.


Risdin shakes some water off and says,"Thanks. Don't much like dirty seawater. Let's see what's in there.", Risdin takes out his bow and moves over to the door. He tries to open it. If it doesn't open he will try to force it open by kicking it.

Strength:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Shakhan spits onto the cobbles - what a miserable chase. He leaves the gnome to Vic and Hytogg, not really trusting that they'll be successful, but at least it will keep them out of his face.

He drags the half-orc back to the water's edge and tosses him over; about a building or two off from Lamm's presumed hideout. Then he makes his way back to the boat, hoping to find that Risdin and Uma had finally finished wasting their time with the boat.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Risdin: You mean the one at the far end of the walkway, yes? I am going to ask for an acrobatics check, my soggy friend: it is quite shaky and you have a scant four feet clearance between walkway and the floor of the fishery above!

Una: You following Risdin?

Shakhan: You send the corpse to feed the fishes. A stray cat observes proceedings, then starts to wash its left back leg as you return to the boat. No sign of Una and Risdin on deck. Please make a Perception check.

Vic & Hytogg: Still gnome-hunting?


Yes that is the one I mean. I would like to take 10 if it's possible, since we are not rushed as far as I know.

Acrobatics = 10 (+0 to roll)


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

If it seems to be about as sturdy as the upper boardwalk, Una will also take 10 Acrobatics 13 = 13

Otherwise. Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una stops Risdin before he can try to open the door.

"We should wait for the others. Whoever or whatever is behind that door took a lot of effort to make sure we don't get in there. I'm not certain I trust that the way will be completely void of conflict."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Una and Risdin: You both reach the door safely.

The shark is still swimming in lazy circles, paying no attention to you, then just as you reach the door there's a splash further up river to the south and it swims off in that direction.

I'll wait for Risdin's response to Una's suggestion. Everyone else can let me know what they are doing...


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Sorry guys. I was driving all day yesterday. I could see what was happening on my phone. but can't roll dice on it so didn't post. i'm going to include a bunch of d20 rolls on my profile, so I can just say "take my next d20 roll, then we can speed things along".

Hytogg sould have been withing 30' of the thugs when they first started melee (Speed 30') so he will cast a blinding ray at the gnome.

Ranged Touch, Point Blank (1d20+3=10)

which probably won't hit.

He'll then lob another as he turns to run.

Ranged Touch, Point blank (1d20+3=9)

Which is even worse, so he'll lob a magic missile at him as he starts to make his escape.

Magic Missile (1d4+1=2)

Then he will take off after the escaping gnome.

[ooc]Boy the dice love me today


"We also can't wait much longer", and he slams the door."We can wait for one more of your friends to join, but then we should have a talk with Lamm"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Not to worry, Hytogg. Either carry dice in your pocket (I always do!) or use the board's die roller.

Hytogg: After the performance with blinding ray it's almost a relief to see your magic missile hit its target :)

The gnome stumbles as it hits but continues, with yet another obscene gesture in your direction. You pound on after...

Vic: Do you want to continue firing arrows or will you join Hytogg running after the gnome?

Risdin: The door shudders but holds firm.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una shakes her head at Risdin's bashing attempt.

"Well if they didn't know we were here before, they certainly do now."


I assume we should be hearing footsteps approaching overhead as Shakhan nears the boat

"Hey!", Risdin coughs at the man overhead,"We're down here. Get the others and come down through the ship!"

Risdin tries his other shoulder on the door this time:

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Nice! Why can't that happen when I attack someone?

Shakhan curses at the absence of Risdin and Una; he nearly loses his temper on the deck of the boat; when something catches the edge of his hearing.


Pierre was on the cusp of joining the others in chasing down the two interlopers, but following Shakhan's faultless disembowelling of the half-orc, he decides instead to head back into the belly of the ship to investigate what Risdin and Una are up to.

Apologies, work got in the way. Again.


No, don't worry about it - allow me to apologize for us bunny-posters. It's just too tempting to not wait.


Male Human Rogue (1)

Vic will groan inwardly as the gnome manages to weave its way through his and Hytogg’s attacks. “This is ridiculous,” he complains, joining the wizard in pursuit. If he gets within range again he’ll attempt to fire another arrow.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Huh. Maybe we should let the gnome go? ;)


Could have him return as a recurring villain?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Vic and Hytogg: The gnome turns down a side street... and then runs back out again... followed by a patrol of the Watch!

"Hoy, Hookshanks" shouts the sergeant. "What're doing out at this time of night? Up to no good, I expect."

The gnome is sort of poised, not quite sure who is the greater threat: you lot or the Watch.

Pierre: You make your way back to the boat without incident and go back down inside. The others have left the 'secret' door open and you can see through into the area under the fishery.

Shakhan: You do indeed hear movement, thumps and then a call from below your feet. How do you propose to get down to them?

Una and Risdin: The door remains firmly closed. Perception checks, please.


Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


"What is it now?!", Shakhan, face like so much thunder, goes down into the ship's holds. And provided he, like Pierre, has no trouble finding the secret door he will go look through it and catchup with Coolio and the Gang.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Shakhan: You do indeed see the formerly-secret door, and are able to make your way to where Una and Risdin are... although with a scant four-foot clearance beneath the fishery above, a big lad like you finds it quite unpleasant!


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 18

Una looks up in some relief as Shakhan makes his way across the platform. Don't forget your acrobatics checks... or take 10 or whatever.

"Ah here you are." She points to the door. "Open please?"


Shakhan indeed takes 10

Noticing some dents and cracks in the door: "I see you've started already. This has better be worth it."

Shoulder smash at the door 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Underwhelming...


"It won't budge", Risdin says as he shoves at the door again.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


"Damned door!"

Crack at it again, taking aid from Risdin 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22


Risdin takes it slow and steady this time, and leans with his weight on the door.

Aid:
Taking 10 = 14
Otherwise I will roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Shakhan's second attempt did the trick!

Updated map

The air in this large room is somewhat chilly and stinks of the river, no doubt thanks to a huge opening in the floor that drops away to the river shore five feet below. Several pilings emerge from the waters to support the roof above, with mossy ropes slung between them. In two places, rusty manacles hang from the ropes over the water. Two five-foot-wide walkways cross the hole’s edge to the other side of the chamber, where a collection of old cabinets, lockboxes, and piles of clutter are strewn about. Chipped porcelain plates, a cracked goblet, badly rusted silverware, an old wooden shield with a crossbow bolt embedded in it, the odd dinged helm, and other “treasures” litter the floor of this entire chamber. Three tables, their tops heaped with additional clutter, stand amid this mess, while just west of that a wooden door seems to provide access to a walled-off section. An old man is standing in the doorway, staring at you.

You have all, I believe, met Gaedren Lamm? For it is he that is looking out at you.


Risdin will step into the room and move 3 squares to the north. He has never seen Lamm but he has very accurate descriptions from interrogating his acquaintances over the past couple of weeks.

Risdin runs into the room, bow drawn. As he sees the man in the doorway he stops in his tracks and takes a second to realize it's Gaedren Lamm. He nocks an arrow and points his bow at him,"Surrender now Lamm, there is no escape!"

I am readying a shot. If he does not actively state that he is surrendering or if he doesn't drop to the floor or indicate it in some way, I will shoot. I am also going to smite him.

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Not posting yet, giving everybody else a chance to get in it too :) - I'll be posting around 9pm again (that's in about 6 hours for me)


"LAMM! YOU MISERABLE RAT! DO YOU REMEMBER ME?!?" Shakhan bursts passed Risdin and rapidly makes his way towards Lamm (straight east, then north) his shield and axe drawn.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Just as the Gnome comes back out of the alley, and before the guard appears Hytogg hits him with a "Color Spray" (DC15), then awaits the outcome.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una steps into the room purposefully, holding the crossbow at shoulder height, aiming clearly at Lamm.

"You killed him, you b*****d! Your d*mn drug killed him! And now, I will take great pleasure in feeding your eyeballs to the shark outside on the end of a crossbow bolt."

Intimidate 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Risdin, Una, Shakhan and Pierre: Lamm is a jaundiced and bent corpse of a man, his eyes yellowed and skin speckled from age. His left leg carries a pronounced limp as he shuffles out, wearing a grey cotton robe.

"Yessss, I remember you all. Pathetic, seeking some kind of 'justice'" He spits. "Why you should imagine life should be fair, I do not understand. Snivelling around whining about what should be, instead of getting on with life. Una - tomfool chose to take drugs, nobody but himself to blame. And yes, Shakhan, I remember you. Cage fighter. Should have stuck to that, don't try thinking, you never could and never will. Bergamot, another one who tries to think, instead of being the minion you are. And you, Arramack, so full of yourself, so clever... maybe you there is hope for, if you want to work for me - shiv these other fools and maybe we can talk."

Hytogg and Vic: As Hytogg's spell hits the gnome, he screams, clutches at his eyes yelling "I'm blind" and runs straight into a wall and falls over...

The Watch look rather surprised. "What's going on here? Has Hookshanks been bothering you?"


"Wrong answer Lamm." Risdin lets fly his arrow at Gaedren.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 If he is not evil then -3 to the roll
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 If he is not evil then -1 to the damage roll

251 to 300 of 5,959 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.