Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,851 to 2,900 of 6,036 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Una Therlmagne wrote:

Una looks up from the cards as Majenko comes within telepathic range.

{Return to Ashe and tell him to come here immediately so that we can make a group plan. This galavanting has to stop!}

To the others she points towards the cards.

"The Cyclone usually points to evil plots afoot. The Queen, the Hellknights, but something else too I imagine. It could also be this storm, though. Sometimes the cards should be interpreted by their image rather than their meaning."

"The Sickness represents a disease of body or soul. But who is diseased? The queen? The people? It is possible that the anarchy we've experienced here since the king's death (along with the consumption of human flesh) by some of the townsfolk has caused some type of illness to break out among the people."

"The Paladin, misaligned. That would be our compatriot, I think. Well-intended idiocy in the face of danger."

But do not the cards represent past, present and future? In that case certainly the cyclone could have been all the riots. The disease is now, and the misaligned paladin is in the future?

It would be too much to hope the cards were simply LITERAL? Then for the moment, either someone of import is diseased, or maybe even MANY people. And I hope the future card is not Ashe, certainly it's likely but he is not the only Paladin in the city.


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko flutters about outside still unable to get in his telepathic words calling...

{Yes, yes, Shakhan! There may be fighting, action, combat and shineys! Don't you like to fight?}

Majenko is confused ... don't adventurers seek adventure?

{No, No... Una! Ashe seeks to know who attacks and help protect the city! Do you not want to protect the city?}

At Varrel's words Majenko is perplexed...

{Elf wrong, Ashe not blind he sees fine... not like Majenko whose dragons sense see all! You all strange. I go... tell he fights alone!}

With that Majenko darts off into the night and is at least three blocks away before... he realizes he doesn't know exactly where Ashe was going.

Then pondering he considers that he didn't actually say exactly what Ashe asked him to... but dismisses it as unimportant. The adventurers were not going to come was clear. Maybe they were going to do that long sleep thing they did everyday...? Majenko never really understood that when there was so much to do... he rested several times a day so he could always be ready for all the action.

Ah well... they were not dragons, so he would seek to find what action was going on... he was sure Ashe would not be far from it.

Setting his concentration on his keep senses Majenko fluttered his forked tongue moving from one street to another trying to catch a hint of Ashe's scent on the night's breezes.

He found just the barest whiff and meandered following as quickly as possible... heading down some streets and loosing and back tracking he made his way north. Toward the sounds of the firing city gunnery...


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe made his way through the streets as fast as possible heading toward the sounds of the firing trebuchet...

He ran up Warehouse Way heading north then a slight jog left over to Harborview Boulevard North on his way toward North Bridge. Moving into and through the North Point District residence and business' he followed St. Alika Way to the guard posts at the North Bridge.

Running up to the posted Watch Guard, "Hail Korvorsan Guardman, I'm 'Ensign' Sir Asherick Whiteplume, Honorary of the Korvosan Guard... {gasp}... How may I assist? What is attacking that the city gunnery crew need fire the wall trebuchet? Surely not pirates?"

Ashe is a bit winded from his mad dash to the location... but his endurance does serve him well...


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una gasps in anger and shock when Majenko refuses to bring her news to the paladin.

"One is bad enough. I don't need an entire mutiny on my hands." She turns to Varrel, Hytogg, and Shakhan.

"You have my apologies, gentlemen. I had thought to bring the man back under heel, get some actual strategies built up, organization, and help the paladin see how endangering himself when he is by himself is not a sagacious maneuver. So far, I am surprised at how the Paladin has been unable to keep his word. I will have no choice but to seek censure for him from the temple of Iomedae. If he will not listen to us, then by the Gods, he will listen to the representatives of his own deity!"

On a side note, I'm personally a little peeved at the grandstanding of Ashe's character. While it is true that Paladins grandstand, generally few do so stupidly. Running off to other places while the rest of the group is gathering to analyze intelligence and strategize is not only prideful and inconsiderate, it's downright dangerous. The city is still in a state of anarchy. When you have the kevlar suit, batarang, and nightvision goggles in the batman helm, let me know. Until then, solo adventuring is a dangerous past time when the rest of the group is still waiting for you at a location where you promised to be. If you want to run a solo adventure, though, I'm sure they are out there. I just don't think that the Curse of the Crimson Throne is designed to be one.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Suffering from a bit of a headache, Una reaches for another goblet of wine and pinches the sides of her nose as she regards their situation.

"I should not have spoken thus, gentlemen. You have my apologies. Every man must follow his own path; I am only alarmed when those paths cross with others. Then, one man's pursuit of danger can affect his compatriots. I am willing to assume, then, that Ashe and Majenko have decided not to return and give a report on recent events and their findings. I suppose they would be easy enough to track, but I'm not really in the mood to chase down those who wish to go their own way."

Another loud burst of thunder interrupts her, rumbling through the house.

"Given the events of tonight, what are everyone's recommendations? We should act swiftly. But it is important that we do so as a group."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

As much as I am pained to admit, Ashe's running into danger puts everyone at risk. He needs to learn calculated team effort will best serve our actions and the city. We are not able to fight this night and I have heard but one shot from the trebujet and no return fire. Hytogg and I need to rest and renew our spells. Give him time though, Una, Ashe is only 18 and yet to open his eyes to the world. With guidence he will learn. Let us not also forget, he IS a guardsman. Perhaps an appeal to the temple of Imodae by ourselves or the Marshall would help. Were he OFFICIALLY assigned to us perhaps will lessen the load of other duties he is bound to?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

On North Bridge

Ashe, the guardpost is manned by an older sergeant called Sinon Dale, who you have met a few times around the Citadel. He comes to attention and salutes.

"No problem that we cannot take care of, Sir," he says. "A vessel showing a yellow light failed to stop in the roads as directed and attempted to approach the docks. Standing orders is to sink it, Sir."

Seeing your slightly blank look, he explains, "The yellow light signals that there is disease on board, Sir. Usual practice is to have such a vessel moor in the roads pending further investigation and sending a healer out to determine if whatever they've got can be treated, as if it cannot be contained we don't want them landing and infecting the whole city."

At that point, Majenko comes flapping down out of the darkness, giving poor Sergeant Dale quite a turn!

In Hytogg's house

Ashe the piglet comes and pokes at Una. He doesn't look very happy.

The cards lie quiet now. There's no sign of Zellara's shade.

And this is when the heavens open, the rain pouring down, beating on rooftops and drenching anyone standing outside.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Zhellera?.... She is leaving the interpretation to us it seems.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg calmly sits looking at the cards on the table...waiting for some divine...or arcane understanding to dawn on him, and blustering when it does not.

I'm thinking Harrowed might just be my next feat :-)

"It is obvious the Paladin cares not for this group, so I suggest we care not for him". "If he wishes to Martyr himself then so-be-it". "I'm tired of standing pat waiting to see what foolish act he attempts next". He truly thinks he can take on the world by himself, whilst we sit back and applaud his selfish actions". "I say we proceed as though he is not a member of our little organization, and plan as we see fit". "I will suffer his presence when I by chance encounter him, but he is no longer welcome under my roof". "No telling what he would unwittingly lead here".


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Megan Robertson wrote:

On North Bridge

Ashe, the guardpost is manned by an older sergeant called Sinon Dale, who you have met a few times around the Citadel. He comes to attention and salutes.

"No problem that we cannot take care of, Sir," he says. "A vessel showing a yellow light failed to stop in the roads as directed and attempted to approach the docks. Standing orders is to sink it, Sir."

Seeing your slightly blank look, he explains, "The yellow light signals that there is disease on board, Sir. Usual practice is to have such a vessel moor in the roads pending further investigation and sending a healer out to determine if whatever they've got can be treated, as if it cannot be contained we don't want them landing and infecting the whole city."

At that point, Majenko comes flapping down out of the darkness, giving poor Sergeant Dale quite a turn!

In Hytogg's house

Ashe the piglet comes and pokes at Una. He doesn't look very happy.

The cards lie quiet now. There's no sign of Zellara's shade.

And this is when the heavens open, the rain pouring down, beating on rooftops and drenching anyone standing outside.

Ashe politely returns the Sergeant's Salute with a crisp one of his own, "Thank you Sergeant Dale!"

Ashe steeped up to the battements looking over the crenulations to gaze at the dark rolling waters of the Jeggare River.

Profession: {Sailor} 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Yes, Sergeant I'm familiar with the Maritime signal codes... I spent many trips on a Andoran Man-o-war as a seahand traveling on Pathfinder business. A Plague ship you say?"

Turning to the Sergeant his expression is one of perplexed confusion...

Commenting aloud, "How very ... odd! If you were a crewhand on a plague ship and wanted to get to dock against quarantine; why then would you light the signal light declaring for all you were a plague ship and then fail to heave to the signaled directions of the port authority??? Why light the plague signal at all in that case?"

Ashe casts his gaze out over the waters again as the wind began to pick up and whip his white cloak, greyhued in the night gathering storm winds, about his golden armor.

Turning to the Sergeant, "You say you sank her? Good Work, Sergeant Dale! Where-abouts do you think she floundered? Did her bowsprit bear any colors identifying her or her port of origin and nationality? Were there any ship's expected in this night by the port authority records?"

At that moment Majenko fluttered up hissing in excitement even startling Ashe in his excited hurry and flashing thoughts crooning out for all to hear...

{Ashe! Ashe, found you I did!! Dragon's track batter than anything else... senses keen they are!!! The others were stubborn and would come... like many non-dragonkind. Shakhan didn't want to fight... how odd yes? Scowling Una said you were ga-vi-lanting... what's that mean? And silly elf Varrel said you were blind, and something about ghosts and cards... but you go on your own! They all strange... where's the action... any shineys?}

At that moment... the sky spilt open and fell upon them all in driving sheets of rain...

"Whoa, Whoa - slow down there my friend... what was all that?"

Ashe gestured to the Sergeant and both proceeded to enter the Gatehouse of North Gate to get out of the driving rain.

{The Adventurers don't want adventure me-thinks. Wanted Ashe to come to them angry they were...not know why... they would come with Majenko to action!}

Ashe was perplexed, "But I... Majenko did you wake them or give them my message?"

The psuedo-dragon rolled his eyes and thrashed his tail in the characteristic embarrassed expression Ashe was beginning to recognize... as he pondered Ashe's question...

{...mmaaaay-beeee...}

Ashe put his hand to his brow in long-suffering exasperation - then chuckled at himself realizing his foolishness in sending the excitable psuedo-dragon on without very specific instructions NOT to wake them!

{Shakhan and Una woke up by a frantic Pseudo-dragon yelling mentally at them... eh...I'll get an earful of that in the morning!}

He sighed and smiled at the helpful dragon, "Thank you my friend you did just fine... I'll deal with it in the morning."

Reaching into a his belt pouch he handed 10 gold to the dragon, "Yes there are shineys here are your share!"

Majenko preened proudly chirping in joy perched on Ashe's armored shoulder as Ashe turned to the sergeant awaiting his reply on the port shipping records and details of the plague-ship if they could be retrieved or remembered.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

With a sour expression, Una nods.

"I concur with Hytogg. But now to the matters at hand. We have the possibility of a rampant city disease. And Varrel, are you sure that sound was a trebuchet? It sounded like thunder to me. No one said differently."

Just to make sure, she goes to the front door and opens it, looking out on the streets to see if anyone is out there. The rain is pouring down in sheets.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Megan Robertson wrote:


Outside, the storm quiets down as fast as it began... and into the silence comes another sound...a wooden screech, followed by the thunder of a trebuchet being fired. Again and again the sounds echo from the Wall of Eodred near North Bridge, waking nearly all of North Point.
.

I am not certain Una, but my elven ears told me the noise was not lightning, but some kind of large machine. I have seen a trebuchet overlooking the inlet gates and am merely assuming.

Certainly' it's firing would be enough to keep our excitable young Paladin on a run to investigate. I am curious myself, but as I said earlier have heard nothing since to warrant a night excursion when most of my magic and all my flight is spent. If the city were being attacked on a proper scale we would know it, so here I remain. These Harrowings, while their nature is beyond my experience, are portent of what is to come. As a man of faith, such as it is, I know ignoring such warnings is unwise. The question is, what to do? I would recommend we allow ourselves our rest, and see the Marshall at first light. Magai and wizards live and.die by their Magic. I am ashamed to admit, I am not much use to you beyond a blade at the moment.

Varrel sits down, the evening was late, yet he felt, selfish, like he was holding everyone back.

I will speak to Sir Whiteplume. Meantime, ignore him in planning as you wish. It will make the message clear. In secret, do not give up on him, I beg. He is useful and his heart is in the right place. We need only knock some sense into him.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Hmmph, the force of my 'knock' might be too much for him."

She sits back down and looks around at the others.

"Can someone explain what part of 'Return so we can make a group plan' is so hard to understand or comply with? I have decided I like you Varrel. You're a man who makes sense. At first, I thought you were besotted by Ashe, but I'm glad you're not."

Una bends down to pick up the worried pig then puts it back in its crate and pets it until it falls asleep.

"Still, I think a visit to the Marshall tomorrow is in order to pick up further information about whether or not (and why) the trebuchet was fired. With or without Ashe, as will become clear on the morrow. You should rest and recover your powers. If this trebuchet sound means what I think it does, there will likely be more chaos in the streets soon enough."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Besotted by him? No, my lady. My initial deference was due to old habits, for I have spent a century bowing before those who believe bloodlines and somehow elevates them above slave and commoner alike. Ashe may be good at heart, but he is blind to his own arrogance, for he believes so much in his own purity that his words of humility and altruism do not match his actions. Ragathiel has given me strength to lift me beyond my old chains and I will defer to the boy no longer. I will not cast him aside however, for as jaded as I century of slavery has made me I see what good or Ill a nobleman can wrought. Beyond what is happening now Ashe could be a major player at court here one day. A genuinely good man of noble blood willing to speak for the commoners could achieve more for them by speaking in a kings ear than I ever could, no matter how many low life's I slay.

Speaking his mind and considering his audience, Varrel remembers a promise he made to his patron.

Before we retire, I would ask a favor of you all. Something Ashe would never be a part of. If you do not wish to help, so be it, but I would ask for your silence on this then...
The Spider King....he yet remains in custody. I agreed to give Korvosan law a chance at bringing justice against the man. That has not happened. For all the many victims in the hold of that ship, he needs to die. For me this is a matter of Vengeance and faith but I will pay for your services if that is what it takes. Do not answer right away if you wish, but think on it. If he goes free any who fall to him could have been saved had we only done the right thing. I will undertake this when I am able, for he is still imprisoned and Korvosa's need for aid is dire, but consider it please.

With that Varrel heads to bed.


"Ghrrh. Varrel," Shakhan starts, after a bit of a slow warm-up to speak, "maybe you know: if the cards are right and disease is the challenge of the present - then maybe we should find some alchemical protection. Like antitoxin, but for diseases."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Very good suggestion, Shakhan. The cards may not be literal,but some extra protectionwould be wise. Although curatives are generally the purview of divine magics. I will ask at the Acadamae market and the Temple of many.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"In the meantime, we can breathe through wet cloths if we are out and about. I've heard that does some good, but who knows?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Let's try and wrap this night up...

In the house

Aside from the rain pouring down outside, it's peaceful. Ashe the piglet settles under Una's soothing and is soon snoring gently in his box.

You lot ready for your beds, or is there anything else you want to do?

At North Bridge

"All we saw was a brig with black sails and the yellow light. Possibly Chellish-made, but I'm no seaman, Sir. Best ask at the docks in the morning." Sergeant Dale sneezes loudly.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Off to bed. New Day. NOW!....please?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods in agreement.

"Very Well Sergeant Dale, keep up the good work. Tomorrow will keep for tomorrow."

Ashe touches the man's shoulder, "May Iomedae guard and guide you. Stay alert."

Standard Action: Lay On Hands - Mercy {fatigue}

Calling upon his divine gifts Ashe lays the Mercy of his goddess settle upon the man dispelling his fatigue in a brief bursts of golden radiance from his hand.

He smiles gently, salutes and turns to make his way home in the night's driving rain...

Yes, on to the next day. Sorry for the late post - powers been out for 18hours after a storm here

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Next morning dawns rather misty but with the promise of a warm day to come. The entire city seems to wake up slowly. Gradually you hear the normal street sounds, but they seem strangely muted, as if nobody wants to draw attention to themselves. Occasionally the heavy tramp of a Hellknight patrol is heard, but they don't seem to be harassing anyone.

Who's going to do what?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una wakes early, or perhaps never goes to sleep, used to the intensive rigors of the Korvosan work week. (72 hours on, 8 hours off). Although there is no reason for it, Una is convinced that the "sickness" the cards hinted at the previous night was a real one, brought in by the "hurricane" storm. The one card correlated strongly with the actual storm from the previous night. Surprising, but perhaps not unheard of that a Harrow card might represent the actual thing the image is presenting. And when it did occur, perhaps something to put serious stock in.

So when the others did wake, she greeted them with her anti-disease gear already on. "I know. Its silly. But its an unfortunate premonition I can't shake from my head. There's never anything wrong with taking a few precautions. I recommend it, generally."

"Now, shall we wait for Ashe or move on without him?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Meeting with Ashe this morning WAS prearranged and he said he would come. Let's wait till breakfast and head out. We can pick up a scroll of delay afflictionor remove disease on the way to the Marshall.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

"I'm sorry". "Wait for whom"?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe gets up a little later than usual which is still early... but the night's downpour and activities of the day before left him a little more weary than usual. Still the sun is perhaps a hour after rising that he is up and moving again.

Considering the importance information he has from the Bishop and the Marshal, he skips his normal sword-practice regimen and shortens his morning prayers for expedience.

He answers what questions his mother and sister have at breakfast about the events of yesterday and specifically the letter he sent her warning of dire potential results. Ashe explains that the court and the Queen are suspect of some very dire deeds and that they should call all the servants into the household to stay temporarily for safety and only send out messenger pigeons to order deliveries and house needs with directions to deliver packages at the courtyard gate and simply left inside. He admonishes his mother to have a the servant have as little contact with the outside folk of the city for a day or two and not knowing what the future holds he suggests that she should pay for all house needs on credit vouchers and hold the coin of the house in the houses coffers for a week's time at least in case some citywide tragedy should strike and having ready coin at hand would be prudent.

Ashe takes his mother aside away from his sister to her business office parlor explaining ALL that he did last night and the suspicions he has about the dire turmoil Korvosa may be in shortly. He tells her also of the plague-ship that was sunk in the harbor last night telling her best to be careful for a week's time at least... could be nothing but best to be safe. If nothing happens in the week in the like of some disease outbreak then the house can return to normal non-quarantine operation and pay any credit vouchers they have made in the meantime. He suggests having him do any person to person errands for the house until it proves unnecessary as... his goddess has made him immune to disease in all forms. He informs his mother that Trina Sabor and Sephira will be arriving in a day or two in the guise of pilgrims seeking alms form the church of Pharasma he has offered to grant them refuge at least temporarily until they can be spirited out of the city to safety. He apologizes for imposing upon the household like this but he saw no other favorable alternative to see that a grave injustice was avoided. It is clear in his earnest words to his mother that Trina is very important to him... unlike any other noble-woman he has ever escorted to court as a chaperone-courtesan.

Ashe will not promise to never appear as the Greyeagle again as his mother will ask, but he will agree to only appear as him only as a last resort... and consult her first should he deem he may need to do so.

Taking his leave of his mother with a warm affectionate embrace Ashe heads out.

Casting his gaze north he grimaces at the pentagram edifice of the Temple to Asmodeus in the distance. Directly before him to the east are the Merciless Cliffs looking out over the grey misty morning seas the clouds about making it hard to tell sea from sky in the distance. Turning south he makes his way the short block to Overton Way seeing the still mysterious Gatefoot Ruin a short block away. Majenko perches sleepily upon his shoulder wrapping his tail about his shoulder ad upper arm to secure his perch while he 'flutes' in one of his many "Cat-naps".

Heading south a left onto Overton Way to a brief right onto Field Marshal's Way, then another left onto Pillarhill Boulevard he travels his thoughts in worry over the recent events... something evil has taken root in the queen's heart... or perhaps someone in her court unknown to even her or perhaps manipulating her has an agenda... but her or their ultimate goals are still unknown.

"One evil at a time Ashe... can't do it all at once... regardless of how much you may want to..."

Turning left at Endrin Avenue and another left at Eodred Street Ashe enters the 'Green Market'. Going to a hostelry he seeks a riding horse. Looking over the mounts available he picks out a roan mare with a shiny reddish coat and strong legs. He purchases a riding saddle and accouterments from the hostler. He feeds her an apple and a handful of oats and barley he snatched from the pantry this morning naming her 'Redhoof'.

[Purchase: Light Horse {75gp}, Riding Gear - Riding Saddle, 2x Saddlebags, Bit and Bridle {16gp}]

Ashe places some of his normal gear in the saddlebags placing his Glaive-Guisarme strapped to the left side of the saddle and his bow & quiver to the right. Mounting up Ashe slowly rides Redhoof around the pen to let her get the feel of his weight and to get a feel to her stride. Satisfied he sets out as trotting pace heading for Zellara's house making much better time than walking.

Arriving Ashe dismounts tying Redhoof's reins to a porch post and knocks at the door...


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una answers the door, her nose and mouth covered in a cloth.

"Ah. Hail the conquering hero." Sarcasm drips like acid. She stands aside waiting for Ashe to enter.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe gives Una a quizzical look at the cloth mask but dismisses it as another of her jabbing insults. This one at his masked appearance last night - he's gotten use to dismissing her jabs.

Ashe enters commenting, "Conquering Hero? Bah, Hardly. It was Varrel that saved the day last night. I was little more than a loud, capering, fool of a distraction so no one paid close enough attention to what was really going on. Somedays... I'm just content to break even."

Ashe walks into the parlor and sighs.

"I have some grave news, nothing dealing with any ramifications from last night... which in a way is more disturbing."

"Master Diggle and I met with Bishop d'Bear last night after Varrel delivered the fake Trina to safety. Come to find out that she was a small-time pickpocket and cutpurse new to the city named Sephira. She made her living in minor-larceny, nothing serious not even cat-burglery - certainly no murder! What's disturbing is It took us a while to learn this because someone had not only drugged her but also cast a feeblemind spell upon her removing her reason. Someone... really did not want her talking about who she really was before she was dead! Master Diggle was as interested as I in who in the service of the Crown could cast such powerful magics on royal behalf{?}. A feeblemind spell is a 5th circle power spell... only a master Wizard or Sorcerer could cast that. Diggle mentioned there are spells that allow one to look into a person's memory. Perhaps if such are applied to Sephira some lead may be gained? Some lead is better than no leads. As it is, a master wizard outclasses in power, anything I can offer as assistance."

"By the way... did any of you see who threw those daggers at the executioner? I didn't. Diggle expressed and interest in learning of their motivations... I agree on that indeed."

"We questioned the lass and she told us... and I'm quite sure she was so terrified - lying was not in her; that she had entered Korvosa about a week ago as far as she could remember for richer pickings and one evening she was ambushed in a alley and knocked unconscious. She vaguely remembers being in a dungeon and then nothing until waking up in the Temple of Pharasma."

Turning to regard Varrel, "I believe you are correct my friend... either it's the Queen herself, one of the queen's cronies seeking some personal advancement by 'helping' the Queen's cause or someone manipulating the queen from behind the scenes. Honestly, I have no idea which it might be... or for that matter how to determine which it is. Then again I could be completely wrong.. but things seem to point that way strongly."

"I also learned who this 'Blackjack' the crowed referred to was. Apparently he is a masked vigilante who has made appearances in the past championing the cause of the people of Korvosa against oppressive nobility and cruel merchants. I had no idea there was such a personage in Korvosa... apparently he has not made a appearance in almost 2 decades... if only he would now. I'm completely lost as to what to do at this point.... some "hero".

Ashe sits down in a chair at the table removing his helm his expression one of worry.

"Then Diggle and I went to see the Marshal to get her opinion of the nights events... she seemed most relaxed and unfazed by the evenings... 'show'. The Marshal had been there and refrained from commenting on 'Blackjack's' actions - I saw no need to correct her assumption. But the sense I got was she was secretly pleased things went down the way they did. The most perplexing thing was the Queen's reaction. The Marshall told us the Queen has shut herself up in Castle Korvosa and made no edicts or pronouncements. Yes, the Hellknights patrols have increased but they have done nothing other than glare at people. The Marshal dismissed the importance of the Hellknights but she inferred the Queen might be waiting to see what the general reaction to the night's events would be on the whole. The Marshal wanted us to meet with her at noon today."

Ashe sighs deeply, "And we lost Diggle's aid. The Marshal gave him a letter that his family had sent... his mother is ill and dying. So he left to return home immediately. We could have really used his help."

"I feel wicked forces are gathering... and they seek to bring down this city and victimize her people. I've tried so hard to protect those innocent people of Korvosa. I can't do it on my own. It's past that now. I... would understand if you chose to flee Korvosa while you still can... but I would hope... nay ask you consider staying and help protect the innocent of this city? I... know you have little vested interest and that indeed much of the city's founding culture is Cheliax... a culture many of you have good reason to mistrust and hate. But there are still good people here... and they need heroes like you now more than ever!"

He pauses... seemingly emotionally drained.

"Things are going to get much worse I feel... one paladin will not do."
Majenko senses Ashe's morose mood chirps affectionately and nuzzled his ear.

Ashe reaches up to scratch him between the wings.

He shrugs, "Oh... and I'm sorry for waking you last night. Majenko, bless his excitable heart, did not tell you exactly what I wanted him to... neither did he, I believe, tell me what you wanted him to say either. Sorry, it was a strange matter a ship came up the Jeggare River bearing the maritime yellow signal light of a plague-ship. What's odd is they refused to heave too and land ashore where signaled to and kept approaching the docks. If one wanted to get to dock with a plague ship why light the signal at all? Well, the Wall Watch Gunnery-Guard fired the city wall trebuchet and sank her rather than let her dock... you may have heard the weapons fire last night. It's very odd, I'm planning on going down to the docks sometime today to see if there is some more information to be gained about her port of origin and possible owners ... if there are any records. It might be ...prudent... if you plan not to flee the city to take some minor precautions just in case some sickness has survived."

He takes a deep breath, "...but that is all secondary to the threat the Crown potentially poses to the city as a whole."

Ashe casts his gaze about at the party, "What do you all intend to do?"


"It's not that uncommon for the city to fire warning shots; happens every other year at least. What is strange is the ship not stopping. Either the captain couldn't control it, or he wanted the ship to sink."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I have no intention of fleeing the city. This place is in grave danger off falling more and more into the grasp of a Chelish tyrant. I will not let that happen.
The arrival of the ship is not unexpected. The Harrowing last night pointed to plagueor disease as being our concern for the present. I would merely suggest pooling what money we have for a scroll or two of remove disease. I am no expert on divine magic, Hytogg is our authority there, but that spell is expensive. We should see the martial as she wishes, but as to deciding what direction we persue, UNA, should decide since she's leading our band, as it were.

Hytogg, did you research my scrolls or spellbook?You are welcome to.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods in simple acceptance for once in lack of any better plan or direction.

"Thank you Varrel... you have no idea how much that is a relief to hear."

Turning to Una, "What is it you intend to do Ms Therlmagne? I have a alchemical lab at home ... the one I salvaged from Ryloth's lair. I could get to work on manufacturing some Anti-plague serums. I have been focusing my recent private studies on being a healer of sorts."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Nice conversation... keep it up!


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Actually Ashe, that may be a good idea. Shakhan suggested something like that, is theresome sort of Alchemical Antiplaugue you could look into? There is:Antiplague. In the Advanced Players Guide under equipment.Something like that may be available now for purchase but I have no idea of a shop that sells it

Varrel had eaten and prepared his spells for the day. He sits at the table, rifling through his spell book.
Hytogg, illusion is your speciality. I am trying to learn Mirror Image but these two Runes vex me.
He turns his book so Hytogg may have a look, then looks up at Ashe, Your budding interestin Alchemy notwithstanding Ashe, unless Una disagrees, we should probably remain together untilwe know what is happening


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Replying to Varrel, "Yes, there is an alchemical remedy... its not a certain cure, but it does add an increased resistance to a patient to resist the effects of a contracted ailment... its is simply called Anti-plague. It is a derivative of Anti-Toxin... both are alchemical concoctions. I currently have a single dose of Anti-plague and a couple doses of Anti-toxin. I bought them a while back in my studies."

"I do know an alchemical shop that is on Eodred's Walk named 'Hedge Wizardry', Phaeton Skoda the owner supplies me with much of my alchemical components. I buy most of my alchemical supplies from him."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

@Varrel
"Let me see what you have there". "Ah yes". "You've made a common, but understandable error here". "You see how the double spiral continues to the left on this one, and stops short on this one". "I'm sure you'll be able to grasp it with a little practice".

Hytogg seems glad to be distracted by something more mundane, and academic, and for a moment forgets the crises they are part of... Also, I would like to copy the things from Varrel's spellbook. I'll try to find time this week to do so".

@ Ashe

[b]"Anti-Plague, and Anti-Toxins are the simplest of formula's". "I knew them even before I took 'Formal' training in alchemy at the academy". "I'm sure even an amateur like you might not mess them up too bad". "You can brew them between saying your prayers, feeding the poor, manning the walls, guarding the river, handling the family business, courting all the bird voiced...and legged courtesans in the city, preening, dancing, and otherwise making a complete fool of yourself".

"Did you even check to see if you were being followed before you led anybody your flamboyance might have attracted back to 'My House'? "Of course not". "What am I thinking". "You only think of yourself, and the city's opinion of you".

"Since you obviously don't need or want our input or assistance, why don't you just go ahead and investigate the sunken ship, while you're making potions". "We'll all just sit hear and play cards".

After his tirade, Hytogg huffs, draws his cloak tight, and begins the journey to...well he's not sure, since Ashe seems to have taken care of gathering all the information the party might have taken part in... So he just stops on the corner. "Don't forget to lock up"!


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

"I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at Master Hytogg? If you mean you disapporove of my expending all my efforts to assist the citizens of this city and yet maintain my courtly responsibilities to my family... I sorry you find such devotion despicable - its not likely to change."

"But why would anyone be following me?

"And what do you mean I do not want your assistance? Did we not all work as a team to defeat Vreeg and Ryloth's minions to clear the 'Dead Warrens' of their lair? Did we not meet here before the execution to plan our efforts to save Sephira? I dare say without Master Diggle's and Varrel's assistance the entire effort would have been so much more difficult. I don't know who else assisted but I trust you all did your own part to help out... and you did so discretely enough that my distraction worked perfectly. No one followed me over the wall to a certain death. I guessed you all were tired from the evenings efforts, which is why only a few showed at the Temple last night which is where we planned to regroup after all. Digle wanted to see the Marshal and so did I. I told you all that transpired at that meeting and that she wishes to speak with the entire group today!"

"Since we had just finished clearing the Dead Warrens, after all, I guessed you had all gone to bed?

"What has you so upset?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel gets up, expecting but waiting for Una, to give her orders.

You have expertise in Alchemy as well, Master Hytogg? Marvellous, Our budding physician, Ashe will no doubt need your expertise as I often consult you for my own studies. Do not doubt, Ashe. You would find Master Hytogg a brilliant, if stern instructor, though I have found if you come.with a mind to learn, the man is willing to teach.

He gives Hytogg a warm smile.
In any case, making our own concoctions will take time. I suggest later, when the day is done. Right now, we need to gather what we may learn and ASSESS the situation together and decide a course of action as a TEAM. I believe your church would place great priority on these matters Ashe, so we need your UNDIVIDED aid in this

He looks at Ashe at the last word.

Ashe, if you might point us to your alchemist shop on the way and then to the Martial. Do you agree, Una? Much as I am sure Shakhan is eager to find a skull to crack, if the harrowing is correct and Disease is our primary concern then Master Hytogg's Faith and Mind and Magic is likely our best asset right now


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe turns his attention back to Varrel and nods in acceptance.

"Dear me no! I'm no master Alchemist to be sure, any additional instruction would be gladly received. Most of my studies in the field are for the medicinal applications. In addition to my own books on the matters of healing - the Books that were in Ryloth's lab have made for interesting reading on the topics of disease that they seem somewhat focused on actually."

"You can count on me to fully support your efforts to protect the city from some rising sickness. As for the shop it should be open now... Phaeton though he failed to graduate from the Acadamae... still holds to many of the early rising regime strictures the Acadamae Instructors ingrain into their students."

His expression turns questioning, "You mentioned a Harrowing? I assume you did one last night. What exactly were the cards revealed?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una had been silent, weighing the options before her.

"We should definitely see the Marshall if we are needed. But its important that we stay and work as a group." She gives a silent glare at Ashe, daring him to say something different. "Even if we have our own means of survival in the city. The reason I say that is because with plague on the loose, it is uncertain when, how, or why it could be contracted, and dividing into groups or going off as an individual could prove hazardous to our health..... healths?" Una is uncertain about the correct grammar for the common plural of 'health'.

"So, I would like to put it to a vote. If we acquire alchemical health supplies, either from Ashe's construction or some other locale. Or go directly to the Marshall's office. I am for being prepared, so I think we might want to get some anti-plague, at least."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Diplomatic and Wise words. Yes, we should stop and get some anti-plague on the way.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe lifts an eyebrow at Una words of "Work as a group", when she has side-stepped his question but his expression remains neutral.

Ashe replies, genially, "I can understand your concerns about disease transmission, though indeed paladins of sufficient training are immune to such maladies... but we also cannot be carriers either. I... am not of sufficient training to simply remove any such sicknesses with the mercy of my goddess, but I am very close to such. I can, however, with the properly prepared divine magic Diagnose... flawlessly the presence of any disease or sickness. I will prepare such this morning if I'll be allowed a simple hour to pray."

"Though we should be careful not to overreact, there may not be anything to the plague ship that was sunk its threat ended. But being prepared with a few alchemical concoctions for your safety is not unwarranted - I agree."

"We can indeed get such on our way to meet with the Marshal at noon."

He lowers his eyes a slight smile on his face - musing silently {A vote eh...? I can guess who's opinion or vote does not matter!}

"So in the spirit of Working as a Group, and sharing of our knowledge and skills... I ask again... what cards were revealed in the Harrow reading? My mother is a reader of the Harrow and holds very close to her heart her Varisian Heritage... I'd like to ask her if there is a meaning we may have missed or even a hidden deeper meaning. I know Zellara's Harrow Deck is magical...such insights must hold some serious importance!"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una glances over at the deck, surprised that Ashe should ask.

"The Cyclone, The Sickness, and The Paladin, though the Paladin was upside down, so possibly intended to be read as a misaligned card."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

That's why we think that disease is our present concern. As for the future card,.we.do not know. Our ghost was silent on the matter. It may not be you, Ashe. You are not the only paladin in the city. Or it might simply mean a warrior or bodyguard. I once knew a Hellknight who was a Paladin, but the order of the Godclaw is not present in Korvosa. Who knows.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe is somewhat surprised at the cards and how closely they fit at least elements of their current situation.

His demeanor becomes more contemplative on the matter.
"How... intriguing! I am indeed not the only paladin in the city... but the reading was not done by or for them."

Turning to regard Una, "Perhaps our friend Risdin, Paladin of Abadar is in some danger? There is no doubt though - I should be more... judicious in how and where I choose to act in the future."

"I will be sure to consult my mother this evening and ask her interpretation of this too coincidental reading."

"Well... what next Una? I still need to prepare spells this morning..."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2
Asherick Whiteplume wrote:

"I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at Master Hytogg? If you mean you disapporove of my expending all my efforts to assist the citizens of this city and yet maintain my courtly responsibilities to my family... I sorry you find such devotion despicable - its not likely to change."

"But why would anyone be following me?

"And what do you mean I do not want your assistance? Did we not all work as a team to defeat Vreeg and Ryloth's minions to clear the 'Dead Warrens' of their lair? Did we not meet here before the execution to plan our efforts to save Sephira? I dare say without Master Diggle's and Varrel's assistance the entire effort would have been so much more difficult. I don't know who else assisted but I trust you all did your own part to help out... and you did so discretely enough that my distraction worked perfectly. No one followed me over the wall to a certain death. I guessed you all were tired from the evenings efforts, which is why only a few showed at the Temple last night which is where we planned to regroup after all. Digle wanted to see the Marshal and so did I. I told you all that transpired at that meeting and that she wishes to speak with the entire group today!"

"Since we had just finished clearing the Dead Warrens, after all, I guessed you had all gone to bed?

"What has you so upset?"

"What has me upset is that before you showed up with your know everybody, and everything attitude, we actually did things together as a group". "You just say 'This is what I'm going to do' then try to make it look less self serving, by saying that we don't have to go along with you". "I don't understand why you can't grasp the concept of group activity". "You happen to know everyone in town, have connections with the guard, Are in the back pocket of the High Priest of Pharasma, Know people on the Harbor batteries, are an alchemist, and of course your mother is a Harrow reader, and runs a secure shelter for distraught ladies". "My problem with you is that you are all about you". "You leave no room for anyone else to exist in your universe". "After a while I"ve gotten to the point that I really don't try to do anything, because you'll either be able to do it better, or have some family member or acquaintance do it better". "At this point I don't care to associate with you at all anymore". "Just start your own adventuring group starring...Wait for it...Ashe the one man show".

With that Hytogg storms off to his chambers, and slams the door behind him, yelling over his shoulder as he goes, "I'm going to bed". "I've got a headache". "Wake me after you finish saving the world".


Arrk! Sleep? But it is morning?


Shakhan looks at Hytogg storming off and the perplexed paladin, rolls his eyes and mutters to the bird, "Casters, and paladins. They should just bump and grind and hop in the sack together already."

Before things settle down too much he adds, "I don't think the upside down paladin is important. Not now. The cyclone in the past could be the chaos going through Korvosa - and the upside down paladin is a problem some time in the future. What's important now is the sickness. We don't know how literal the cards are, but doesn't hurt to be prepared." Shakhan suddenly grins to himself, then speaks in what he thinks is a whisper to Chatterbeak, "Hah! Upside down paladin. That I'd like to see."


Crackerman has big arms. Would not be too hard to do..


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe is indeed perplexed at the codgerdy Thurge's unfounded accusations...

But he smiles at Shakhan's comment, "Sorry to disappoint Shakhan, but I already have a girlfriend - she's far prettier and I do NOT swing that way...!"

Looking over at Una, "Are we done here... we would not want to disturb Master Hytogg's beauty rest?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I certainly hope we are NOT done. Ashe, Hytogg's concerns are what they are. It would do you well to THINK on what he has said.

Varrel raises his voice so Hytogg can hear through the door.
Hytogg, you know full well your are the only one here to have reached the second tier of Divine miracles, we are possibly combating disease an so we need you. Ready your spells and get out here. Pride be damned!

2,851 to 2,900 of 6,036 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.