Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,801 to 2,850 of 6,036 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg patiently waits shuffling the Harrow Deck.

"I suppose I can wait till you return with Shakhan". "Never hurts to have company to help figure out what these things are saying".


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle says to the young girl, "Kidnapping, dark places and misdirections. Sounds like a dream come true you know. I mean, your lucky to be alive after the show today and it would be in our interest to keep you that way for some time yet."

Diggle turns to Ashe, "There are spells that allow one to look upon the memories of another and that would probably assist us alot in this situation. We could look into acquiring a scroll of such a spell and then return. We may not get much from the cost or effort but any lead is better than none. I would love to know who does this sort of work for the crown. I am also quite intrigued to know who it was that back-stabbed the executioner and what their motivations were."

Diggle will speak with the bishop as well. "Is this the most secure location you have for her Bishop? My concern is the same as yours I am sure. She, Sephira, may be a pickpocket but right now, she has the 'queens' assassins looking for her. Can we offer you any aid in her protection or had you plans for getting her out of danger?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Diggle... you're AWESOME! I Sooo wanted to suggest we do just that... but from the seeming total lack of interest in helping 'fake' Trina or determining her story rather an assuming the worse of her that the party in-general showed I figured I'd have to let it drop or seem like I was hogging the DM's attention! :)

Ashe regards Diggle with a impressed and appreciative expression, "Yes of course master Diggle! I agree totally... there are schemes within schemes here and I'd like to get to the bottom of them as well! I have made... a recent substantial tithe to my church so my funds are limited... but I'm willing to chip in what I can to offset the cost of your magical inquiries and expenditures!"

When Diggle addresses the Bishop Ashe chimes in , "Master Diggle speaks true... but I fear both young women - Trina and Sephira, are at risk from any sell-swords or assassins the Queen might hire. They can't stay here forever! But at least we do not have to fear the queen calling for marshal law... she'd be laughed off the Crimson Throne by such folly!"

Ashe notices Diggle's unspoken question at his remark in his raised eyebrow and explains...

"It is a matter of saving face... and gold! The two things that run Korvosa! If the queen were to declare martial law on the account of one loud-mouthed, capering, bafoonish, knave who thumbed his nose in her face, revealing her dirty little secret machinations in front off all of Korvosa's assembled nobility and managed to get away making a mockery of her guards and wrath... she would be the laughing stock of all Korvosa! Her declaration seen as a petulant child striking out in a tantrum because she had her face rubbed in mud! She'd look even the bigger fool when it proved useless in finding the greyeagle... and her Pride will not stand for that!"

"The Greyeagle stung her pride and stung her good... she will NOT want a repeat of that!"

"But more importantly, even though secondary to her dignity, if she did that the Nobility would not stand for it... Martial Law hinders trade dramatically and in turn the nobility's flowing gold into their coffers! King Eodred was not a great king... at best he was lackluster... but he did NOT interfere with the regular run of trade and commerce... so the nobility liked him in as much as he stayed out of their way and kept their taxes light! The Queen does not even have that much apathetic support! The nobility of Korvosa see her as a outsider - an opportunistic, Cheliax, tart who only came to Korvosa to land a throne by bedding an old dying king!"

"This is not Cheliax and the Crimson Throne is not a Absolute Monarch, the nobility would not have one! In fact, Korvosa was founded specifically so no absolute monarch could assent to the throne! Oh yes, many past kings and queens of Korvosa have tried to be just that to be a absolute dictator...but their days on the Crimson Throne were short... to say the least - before the nobility got them... 'replaced'. Eodred knew this and as such used his influence sparingly and let the Korvosan nobility do mostly as they please... he was good for business!"

"If the Queen declared martial law to find one fool miscreant the nobility would have her off the Crimson Throne and tossed down the Grand Mastaba on her ear for hurting their business' and their flowing gold over one brigand she should have hired better guards to deal with in the first place - faster than Queen Ileosa could say 'Cursed Crimson Throne'! And SHE knows this! She does not have the support to make such dramatic uses of royal power without clear and present threat to the city... and the nobility's precious trade as a whole!"

"When she starts forming her own guard of handpicked soldiers and officers... then you can start to worry! But right now she has only as much authority as the reach of her voice and the lackluster willingness of the nobility and Korvosan Guard... such as it is. The Field Marshal already does not approve of the Queen's misdeeds."

Ashe grimaces, "I almost wish she would try to declare martial law... then we would be rid of her by default, but I figure she is much wiser than that. Its clear to me the Queen knows exactly what she is doing - framing an innocent woman for the king's murder and then scheming to have another woman executed to save face! I too would like to know who uses such 'questionable' magics for the Crown's sake! As for the execution's attacker... who knows...?"

Ashe sighs heavily and turns his attention back the the Bishop, "Regardless, Diggle does have a good point... what do we do with the women now, your Grace? What were your plans for keeping the two women safe and can we help?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle looks positively baffled by Ashe's ability to waffle. "Dear Paladin. I do know you mean well but I did your parents never tell you to stifle your rantings. Not every poem is a book nor should every sentence be a story. Keep to the plain concise facts boy. Your beginning to give me a nervous tick. I care not for the politics of the city. I care not for queens and nobility. I only want not to be bored of this place any longer. Regardless of Martial Law or not, the Queen's agents still move freely, asking questions and drawing blood when needed."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe laughs, "Forgive me Master Diggle... I believe it is I who has gained the nervous tick... by dealing so long with Una and her constant paranoid suspicion of all who live in the Heights District of Korvosa or anywhere near the nobility! I took for granted that whenever I speak of the actions of the nobility I'll be immediately accused of being in league with them... so I explain overmuch why they do what they do. My only experience comes from seeing that same nobility snub, insult and demean my mother at every turn for being only a Rich Varisan Merchant's daughter and not 'pure' Blooded Chelixan."

"But true, you did not ask for a lesson in local snobbish culture... forgive my unasked for ranting dissertation."

He grins, "I am suitably chastened. Perhaps you should research a spell...'Power Word: Abbreviate?'"

Ashe's expression turns serious, "But... if you are seeking not to be bored... I do have a task I need to accomplish that might interest you. You are not opposed to some violent arcane power use? If not... We'll talk later."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle listens with keen interest as Ashe's words turn serious. "I most assuredly am not opposed to such uses good Paladin. I would love to talk......later." Diggles eyes gain a sheen of glee at the promise.

As Ashe turns back he may hear Diggle giggle. "Hehe, Power Word Abbreviate.. classic!"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Meanwhile...
Una narrows her eyes at Chatterbox.

"You can come along, but only if you can remain quiet when I tell you to be."

-------

After glancing into two of the disreputable taverns near Castle Korvosa, Una finally finds her quarry in the third tavern she glimpses into. She makes her way into the tavern, a little more quiet than what she might have thought Shakhan would have gone for, but perhaps this was closer.

She nimbly sidestepped a groping patron's hand as she approaches the bar to get a better glimpse of the rest of the tavern's population.

"Ah, Shakhan... there you are."

She walks up behind him, placing her hands on his shoulders and gently kneading the taut muscles there with a firm but gentle massage motion, as she glares at his current companion until she gets the hint and moves off. (Take 20 on Intimidate check).

"Sorry to interrupt your fun. I'd join you if I weren't so worried about Gaybeagle. We've kind of reached an organizational crisis due to the recent events, so I'm asking everyone to join together for an evening or so while we discuss things. After that, I'll be glad to let you get back to whatever tavern you want,... on me."


Keeping at a difficult hover as they move (Chatterbeak knew better than to try to sit on Una's shoulder) Chatterbeak flaps onto the bar.
Crackerman went drinkin without his buddy Chatterbeak. Not smart. Not smart. Who is to keep an eye on Crackerman's back, without me? Member Crackerman? That last fight at the Hairy Dog when man tried to sneak up on Crackerman with a Chair? Chatterbeak gave warning and Crackerman made chair holder FLY out window. Yes you did. Can we drink now? Chatterbeak likes it when room spins after having 'GROG'. What we having tonight?

The bird quickly dive bombs a bowl of nuts the barkeep has along the wall. Returning with a large Walnut and checking for persuers.
Would you open this, Crackerman? Chatterbeak has not eaten since he threw up on Master's armor.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Una does not think she is being followed, even though Chatterbeak's awkward flapping is a bit noticeable!

Hytogg is distracted by a tapping sound, which he eventually traces to the box containing the Harrow deck. Do you want to open it, or wait for the others?

Although I have to work over the summer, I'm mostly on my own in the college so have no qualms about dealing Harrow cards in my lunchbreak!


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Hey Megan, my buddy who is photocopying the Varisian cultural info from part one of the CotCT - AP for me that you've already approved me reading... says there are rules defining the Varisian Harrow Deck and the cards meanings in the module to. Do I have your permission to look at that stuff as well? Ashe's mother is very much so a cultural Varisian... even though at court so wears the Cheliaxian noblewoman 'costume' to secure her deceased husband's full Cheliax blood's due position at court. She would know all about the Harrow... and use them time to time... though not an actual harrower herself! I can understand it if you wanna keep that a secret though if its important to the adventure progress.

I hasn't seemed to matter thus far...


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

I've already had that part photocopied. You're quite welcome to rely on my assistance for any information you want from that.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Una Therlmagne wrote:
I've already had that part photocopied. You're quite welcome to rely on my assistance for any information you want from that.

Oh! COOL! Thx!


On his way out, Shakhan gives his would-be pickpocket another smacking spank on the rear, he interrupts her squeal with a nod to Una, "See her? That is a woman who knows how to handle a monster like me; learn."

Shakhan listens to Chatterbeak's admonishments, before finally adding, "Tonight is a night for cheap and cheapest booze, bird. Something to drown away the nobility." Absentmindedly he crushes the wallnut for the bird.


Chatterbeak hops up and down happily. He attacks the nut with vicious hunger.
Manging to talk around a full beak, Thanks, Crackerman.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I am happy for folks to read the article on Harrowing in the AP, or for that matter the notes that come with the Harrow deck pack.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Yep, and I believe the instructions with the Harrow deck pack are a free download here on Paizo somewhere, if that's all you wanted.

Assuming that Una, Shakhan, and Chatterbeak make it back to Hytogg's without incident, Una opens the door and ushers the barbarian and the loud bird in swiftly, looking around to make sure they were not being followed.

Survival
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Sorry to be so hush-hush, I know that's not your thing, Shakhan. But I thought it better to be safe than sorry. Sit down, I'll see if Hytogg will let me rummage through his pantry again and grab us something nice to eat."

Hytogg, feel free to add 5 gp to your character wealth as Una repays you for wine, bread, and any meats or cheeses you have laying about.

Una is a little excited to see Hytogg fanning Zellara's cards, somehow her second sense for trouble was expanding over the rest of the city. Something was going down, something bad.


Chatterbeak flaps onto his perch,
Master is asleep Roofrunner, shall I wake Master?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Talking with the Bishop:

The Bishop sighs, and sips her tea.

"If, as it seems likely, it turns out to be unsafe for these two young ladies to remain in Korvosa, I suppose I could send them to an outlying retreat house we maintain some four days' travel from here, but we are not in the business of providing permanent refuge... except for those who have passed beyond the veil, that is. Does your family, Sir Asherick, have any suitable remote estates you could send them to?"

And meanwhile...

Una is pretty certain that she has been observed only by a small grey cat that's hanging around in the street outside Hytogg's house.

Inside, her piglet is awake and very excited to see her!


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Yay, we saved Ashe from the Citadel. I was sure they were trying to fry him up as bacon.

Una looks up at Chatterbeak after scratching Ashe's belly. She puts the pig in a paper lined crate so it won't mess up Hytogg's carpet. (assuming such can be found).

"Nah, let him sleep. I'm sure he will need it. Everyone should try to get a good sleep. But you might consider travelling to the Cathedral and letting Ashe and Diggle know we're waiting for them here."


Arrk...nope, nope..master told Strawhaired Shiny man to come.here already. Be here in the morning he will. Besides, Chatterbeak is not owl. Chatterbeak will get eaten by hungry dragon lizard flying by himself at night. Wait till morning for silly shinyman. He will come. Paladins always do what they say. Stupid. Not smart. Not smart. Going to bed then. Arrk.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Well enough. We'll wait for the morning then."

Una goes back to writing down further stratagems. She leaves a stack of 5 gold pieces on Hytogg's desk as repayment for the borrowed resources.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

"Please Una". "No need to pay for my hospitaity". "You're welcome anytime, and mi casa es su casa". "In fact the presence of so many capable adventurers probably keeps the riff raff at bay".

"Tomorrow for the card reading it is then".


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe grimaces, "Alas, your Grace, contrary to what Una might wish to believe... nobility does not equate with fabulously rich! My father, Lord Thomas Endrin married, my mother, Anica Sarah Stolyarev, for love against the adamant demands of grandfather Wilam. My father was disowned by House Endrin... even to the point of not being allowed to bear the Endrin name! I think Grandpa expected father to relent but he did not and took up a new surname and Whiteplume was begun. Grandpa was the youngest of three sons in the main Endrin line. The current head of which is Marcus Thalassinus Endrin... though I've always known him as simply 'uncle Marcus'... even though he is not technically my father's brother. Grandpa Wilam died about 7 years ago now and a good amount of the animosity between Whiteplume and Endrin has been put aside, but many in court still look upon mother as some upstart gypsy Varisian caravan dancing girl putting on heirs above her station - regardless of the clothing and refinement she has donned over the years."

Ashe grins, "They do not know how not far from the truth they really are. My mother was quite the Caravan dancing beauty in her youth..., but she has grown accustomed to the Cheliaxian pomp and refinement... if not morals and infernal devotions."

"Anyways cut off from house Endrin's wealth my father still had some means of his own and he spent most of it having built Whiteplume Manor, our Mansion on Cliffside in the Height's District overlooking the sea... mother loves the sea. Mother has two older brothers, Staandrin, and Detric, to whom Grandpa Neitchez jointly gave over most of his merchant business to. But seeing as his two sons always argued over what's theirs in a... barely contained bitter rivalry; Grandpa Neitchez, wanted to make sure mother was not without her own means. So he gave her a small Caravan and two sailing ship merchantmen as her inheritance. Mother has shrewdly invested well in her little inheritance and has now two caravans and her trade ships still sail. It's enough income for a modest living comfortable living here in Korvosa... but no lavished parties or grand wealth is ours to command. We own no other lands or estates."

Ashe ponders, "But... we do have a handful of servants. Most live in their own homes but Whiteplume Manse' is quite large with many guest rooms and servant quarters. Our headman butler Marcum Stanish lives in Whiteplume Manse' and a few other fond servants. We do not own or consort with any who practice slavery and own slaves - so there are not slaves quarters. The Mansion architect was Chelaxian and made the house far grander then father was ... really ever comfortable with but mother loves the mansion so father was pleased enough not to change it."

"If Trina and Sephira were willing they could be our guests for some time. No one would think to look for them in a noble's mansion in the richest parts of Korvosa. It not a perfect solution... but it could work for now. Mother and my sister Cynthia would love the company I'd imagine."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The Bishop smiles. Like so many people in senior positions in Korvosa these days, she looks tired.

"If you think it safe, something that will not put your own family at risk... Give me the address and in a day or two I shall send a party collecting alms around the Heights District. Nobody is likely to notice that two less leave your manse than entered it, who ever notices religious out fund-raising except to avoid them!"

She blesses you and sends you on your way. It's getting late and she has a couple of other matters to attend to before she can retire for the night.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe bows, "Thank you your grace... we'll make it so."

Ashe gives the Bishop the address of 'Whiteplume' Manse'

Turning to the young ladies, "Fear not Trina and Sephira... you will soon be safe. Once your concealed at 'Whteplume' Manse' we'll plan spiriting you out of the city when things have cooled down a bit. I'll send word for mother to expect you and prepare your private guest rooms. Do not be worried of any impropriety... I promise your honor will not be impinged upon! The only other male who lives at 'Whiteplume Manse' is Marcum Stanish - a very proper Chelaxian butler. There are three other housemaids that live with us and our very boisterous, and kitchen improvised weapons master cook Nadine - she would allow no such improprieties in 'her' house! So you women outnumber us men and we try to stay out of the way to avoid frequent tongue-lashings!"

The last of his words is said in mirthful lightness.

Ashe steps over to Trina Ashe warmly takes her into his arm and kisses her very tenderly, "...I'll see you later tomorrow my sweet - I still have tasks to do tonight."

Ashe says to Diggle, "I'm going to go see the Marshal to find out her views and information on the evening's drama... your welcome to come along if you wish. Varrel wants us to meet at Hytogg's Home in the morning. So if not, I'll see you tomorrow morning."

With a final bow Ashe takes his leave.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"Yeah, sure Ashe Paladin. I was heading there myself."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel wakes in his room. Feeling Chatterbeak's agitation, he comes out.

Still awake? You have thecards Hytogg? Is the deck restless? A reading perhaps?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Hytogg's House:

Varrel finds the house wrapped in an almost unearthly silence. A tapping sound echoes through the building, seeming to resonate with the beating of his heart.

In the streets:

Ashe and Diggle make their way towards the Citadel. Overhead, dark clouds are piling up, obscuring the stars. Thunder mutters.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel is somewhat edgy at the tapping, perhaps something magical? Their IS tension.
Come here, Chatterbeak.

The bird flaps to his Masters shoulder and nuzzles his ear. He felt it as well.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una looks up from her writing. Ashe was no longer happily grunting in his crate, but just looking out silently. She clears her throat just to have some sound come out, startling the little pig.

"Go to sleep, babe. There's time enough to worry tomorrow."

She gets up and makes her way to the common table again, hoping that Hytogg would be able to perform the reading.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8
Megan Robertson wrote:

Hytogg's House:

Varrel finds the house wrapped in an almost unearthly silence. A tapping sound echoes through the building, seeming to resonate with the beating of his heart.

In the streets:

Ashe and Diggle make their way towards the Citadel. Overhead, dark clouds are piling up, obscuring the stars. Thunder mutters.

Ashe proceeds through the street of the Grey district making his way to the Citadel Volshynek... and grimaces from the long trek.

He comments, "Ok. This is enough of this... first thing tomorrow... I'm buying at least a Riding Horse!"

He smirks at Diggle... no actual anger in his jest.

-----

Eventually arriving at the Citadel Ashe requests a meeting with the Field Marshal before the evening gets to late and await s her attention patiently.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

You are shown in without delay, and find Field Marshal Kroft at her desk eating fried egg sandwiches.

"Come in," she says. "Hungry?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Bump


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe smiles kindly at the Field Marshal and as if on cue to her question is stomach growls loudly.

"Oh... well pardon me... as a matter of fact yes... I'm famished actually."

Taking a chair Ashe asks "An interesting evening this night... to say the least! I take it your were there at the execution or have heard about it... has the queen handed down any new directives and do you really think like the crowd it was Blackjack in ... disguise?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Yes, I was there. As for who that grey fellow was... why, the last time Blackjack was seen I was not even a twinkle in my mama's eye, so I could not say. Nor can I state what I think about his actions... professionally."

She takes a bite of her sandwich.

"The Queen has shut herself up in the Castle. Patrols of Hellknights have increased but so far they have done nothing but glare at people. They are good at that! If you ask me, I think she's waiting to see what the reaction will be....

"I suggest that you go home and do the same. Come and see me about midday tomorrow, round up the rest of the group. Oh, and Diggle - a message came for you." She passes him a sealed parchment.

Diggle excuses himself and opens it. There's a startled gasp.

"Pray excuse me," he says. [oo]"My mother has been taken deathly ill and I am summoned home."[/ooc]

Kroft directs him to take as much time as he needs, and he leaves.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg seeing that it looks like the Harrow reading will not be happening till the group is all together, says his good-nights, and retires to his bedchamber.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe takes in the Marshal's posture her words spoken and unspoken trying to judge her intent and sincerity...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

But openly he replies, "You are perhaps correct Milady Marshal... it has been a long day ... and fatigue is catching up even to me I fear. So I shall bid you good night and see you on the morrow with the rest of the party."

With that Ashe stands and salutes the Marshal before taking his leave to return home.

He says to Diggle, "All my prayers for the safety of thy mother - Mr. Spindewell. Goddess protect and glamor guide your heart."

With that Ashe makes his way home... and the inevitable questions and concern of his family.


Shakhan sighs then asks the bird, "Hey. Do you think the Velvet Vulture does deliveries?"


Arrk! Don't know Crackerman. Maybe in morning we can ask after breakfast?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As Ashe exits the Citadel, musing on the fact that despite her professional words the Field Marshal appeared to give grudging approval to the supposed Blackjack's actions, there is a ginormous crash of thunder, as the heavens are split by a flash of lightning that strikes...

Korvosa Castle!

Everyone back in the house hears the racket too. Even the Harrow cards stop their tapping.

If you want to read the cards, Hytogg, please go ahead!


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

DM HINT! READ THE CARDS!


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Hearing the cards tapping in their container, and the surprisingly loud crash of thunder, Una's sense that something monumental is happening increases.

"Alright, I suppose we've sat here long enough."

She opens the box that Hytogg had carefully placed them in, unwrapping the silk scarf and places them in the center of the table. She waits for Hytogg, master of the Arcane, to 'use' the cards, but she has a suspicion that the cards are more intelligent and that they will mostly use themselves.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Lowering the lighting, and dressed majestically in his most arcane appearing robes, Hytogg carefully approaches the table. He lights some incense, and carefully looks at each of the people around the table solemnly and nods.

"We are ready". "Let fate determine our course". "Zellera". "We are ready". "Commence".

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As soon as Hytogg opens the box, three cards fly out and lay themselves on the table.

Your cards...

Outside, the storm quiets down as fast as it began... and into the silence comes another sound...a wooden screech, followed by the thunder of a trebuchet being fired. Again and again the sounds echo from the Wall of Eodred near North Bridge, waking nearly all of North Point.

Ashe, in the streets outside, realises that the trebuchet is part of the city's sea defences and would normally only be fired at some seaborne threat. He's only about a street away from Hytogg's house.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel hears the noise, and a look of concern crosses his features.That's some sort of siege weapon, isn't it?

He notes the cards, The cyclone is first. Zellera! Can you tell us the meaning? I see only turmoil.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe turns at the strike of the lightning at Castle Korvosa ominously.

He regards the event his eyes narrowing in worry...

He mutters an old Varisian aphorism, "By the pricking of my thumb... something wicked this way comes...!"

But he turns heading his way from the Citadel making his way to the Heights district and about a block or so away from Zellara's/Hytogg's house... he hears the city's wall trebuchet begin firing. He looks up surprised at the same time as Majenko lifts his head to turn toward the sound...

{We're near the docks... why would the dockside trebuchet be firing at night and yet there is no city-wide alarm of Shoanti attackers at the walls? Is it an attack...? There are no pirates foolish enough to attack Korvosa!}

Ashe looks up into the sky to see if Sable Company Hippogriff riders are flying toward some city threat.

[ooc: This is an assumption here.. I believe Zellara's house is near the docks... its not far from Lamm's fishery which is dockside... of course]

Ashe speaks to Majenko, "My friend Majenko, go to Zellara's house and see if anyone is up and active. If they are tell them I am going to go see what the city trebuchet are firing upon and if there is a threat to the city as a whole!"

Majenko chirps happily and flutters off cheerful some action is about to happen...

Ashe sighs... he is tired... but his beloved Korvosa may need him...

He readies on his Heavy Steel shield and runs toward the sound of the firing trebuchet...


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko flies through the evening darkness buffeted by the brief storm's dying winds.

Arriving at Zellara's he does not see if anyone is awake first but immediately begins scratches noisily at the door hissing and telepathically calling out...

{Hytogg! Una! Varrel! Shakhan! Chatter~..beak! Wakeup! The city is under attack!!!}


"Yea yea, relax." Shakhan's bulk feels a bit compressed in this relatively small place. "If the city's under attack, not like the attackers are gonna run away. Bah. They'll still be there after breakfast."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una looks up from the cards as Majenko comes within telepathic range.

{Return to Ashe and tell him to come here immediately so that we can make a group plan. This galavanting has to stop!}

To the others she points towards the cards.

"The Cyclone usually points to evil plots afoot. The Queen, the Hellknights, but something else too I imagine. It could also be this storm, though. Sometimes the cards should be interpreted by their image rather than their meaning."

"The Sickness represents a disease of body or soul. But who is diseased? The queen? The people? It is possible that the anarchy we've experienced here since the king's death (along with the consumption of human flesh) by some of the townsfolk has caused some type of illness to break out among the people."

"The Paladin, misaligned. That would be our compatriot, I think. Well-intended idiocy in the face of danger."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel let's Ashe's companion in.
Majenko, Ashe is running in blind. When you return tell him, "Zellera's ghost is reading the cards and speaks of this attack. He should return here so we can decide our course as a team. If he goes, he goes alone.

Varrel was disheartened by his own words, but he knew he was right. They were greater than their individual parts. Something as large as a sea attack would not be over quickly. It was worth taking the time to get together and decide a course of action first.

2,801 to 2,850 of 6,036 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.