Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,701 to 2,750 of 5,968 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel seeing Ashe's action's tells Chatterbeak to go hide,
Relaying a telepathic message via Majenko, Ashe, get her into the crowd! The guards won't shoot into a paniced crowed of Nobility. I am coming to you.

Round 2 action

Varrel, now invisible, next activates his Flight hex and takes a direct route to Ashe and the woman just above the mob.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Lol, at what point does free action speaking during initiative become too much? About the time the queen interrupts and says, To the Gallows!"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una stealths through the darker shadowy parts on the edges of the crowd, preferring to remain invisible than at the center of the action. She shakes her head in dismay at Ashe's public display of paladiny goodness, but remains silent at the edges of the crowd watching. She attempts to ready the crossbow, while in stealth, and shoot a guard if necessary to keep the Queen's wrath from falling on them next.

Stealth
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

If necessary during these proceedings, Una will use one ki point and attempt to slip into the shadows again.

Stealth
1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 4 = 26

Rounds 1 and 2 Readied Action
Attack any guard who attacks Ashe or any other members of the party with crossbow.

Round 1
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Round 2
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Crit Threat (Round 2)
1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 = 15
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

LOL! Yeah... perhaps Ashe said too much... but Megan did not say "roll for initiative." I posted it and then started pondering that same thing after I had completed it. I was playing on the 'shock and surprise' of the moment. Though there are no "opponent's" near Ashe right now and Sabina is at the far end of the plaza next to the Queen. I'll be more mindful of 'reasonable speaking time limits' next time... got too into it. My bad!


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Nah dude, I have never had such an enthusiastic PC in game before. It's up the GM, so Diggle just needs to STFU. hehe.


"Oh bother," Shakhan's hulking form is quite handy, he has relatively little trouble seeing the events unfold - and if the need arises he pushes through the crowd with relative ease. He's thinking out aloud, "First he scolds the queen, and then he presumes the intended to be innocent." Shakhan's thoughts stumble over themselves a moment, then he amends to himself, "Actually, she may be guilty of the murder of the king, only Trinia's innocence in that regard has been verified." Shakhan keeps grumbling to himself.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Everything seems to be happening at once, yet it feels as if time itself has stopped.

All eyes seem to be on the disguised Ashe as he leaps onto the platform. Except Sabina who has drawn a very large sword and is standing protectively in front of her Queen, glaring around, eyes darting in every direction.

Varrel & Una:
You both see a man dressed in a hooded cloak and
leather armour, with a rapier in one hand and a dagger in the other. He looks as if he were about to spring onto the executioner's block, but on seeing Ashe leap forth fades back into the crowd, sheathing his weapons.

Majenko swoops down, appearing to have enlisted the help of the wild pseudodragons. Seven of the beasts are now circling around Ashe and the prisoner, rendering it difficult for anyone to get a clear shot on them.

You may now roll for initiative :)


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Una remains stealthed if at all possible and takes her time to observe the proceedings carefully, using her ki to slip back into stealth if noticed. She does not act until she is certain that anyone in their party is about to be attacked. (See above rolls for readied attacks).


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Hilarious initiatives


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe follows the mental message from Varrel taking 'Trina's hand and begins moving to lead her into the crowd... not to escape but to obscure them from the guards sight... hoping Varrel can still make them out and swoop in to get Trina to safety. Ashe is not concerned about his escape... he can jump off the castle to get away, but the innocent woman must be gotten to safety.

Mentally to Majenko and Varrel, {Thank you my friends! You have my undying gratitude!}

Ashe - Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Majenko - Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Initiative

Hytogg almost drops his latest book in horror, as he sees what is happening. "Fool do-gooder"! "Do you think getting us all killed or captured is the prudent action"!

Hytogg reaches into his pouch and withdraws a few compenents, gesturing and speaking some creaky words of power.

Will save DC16 for the queen vs. Magic Mouth...condition triggering...any movement from the queen. If the queen fails her save the following words come from her enchanted mouth.

"Let them go they are working for me". "The real threat is to the east" "Make way for them in the name of the Queen


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Ha! Awesome idea. Illusion and Misdirection is an area NO ONE else can cover, good apell use ;)

Varrel is furious at the paladin's blatantly over the top antics. WHY did the young man have to be STUPIDLY noble? He was a Warhammer in a situation that required a stilleto. Coming from as Magus, a trade that was renowned for blasting magic- that was saying something.

Oh how brave, Master Whiteplume, "I'll not ask your aid in this". OF COURSE, we were going to help and he knows it. A valiant warrior is often a dead one. I will have to become more forceful in cutting off Ashe's stupider ideas, Least Una slit his throat for endangering us all AGAIN!

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1
Asherick Whiteplume wrote:

A masked and disguised Ashe will layout sketched map of the Execution yard atop the Grand Mastaba detailing where the guards were setting up and where the execution stand is along with the exits and walls.

"I plan on waiting until the prisoner is brought to the execution stand positioning myself here... as close to the front as possible. When 'Trina' arrives, I will light a smoke stick I'm carrying and charge the stage. I'd planned on throwing sneezing powder or itching powder in the executioners face to incapacitate him but if you could sleep hex hm Varrel that would be even better. Remember... I want No bloodshed if at all possible. That would also be a idea moment for your audible glamors Master Diggle. Once I have the stage... I plan on freeing the prisoner and confronting the crowd with the truth... revealing 'Trina' to not be the real Trina and the evidence she has been exonerated by confirmed testimony from Bishop d'Bear. Majenko will be there to telepathically keep us in communication and coordination - but not near me. Pseudo-dragons are very common in Korvosa... no one will find it strange one is lurking about. At that point it will be a fluid action then. I have smoke pellets, another smoke stick, and a thunderstone, to stun and conceal our escape... though having you ready to swoop in and fly 'trina' away Varrel will be a great help should I be too stalled by opposition. If pressed too hard I can simply jump off the Grand Mastaba and float to the ground far below. I believe the power of my ring - its casting power is sufficient to safely carry two; one carried by the other to the ground below, but that is a last resort risk. I'm disguised, so I'd prefer to be the only one people are watching so as to protect you from drawing blame or incrimination. Comments or suggestions on the action?"

Asherick Whiteplume wrote:

Ashe nods, "Potentially, you are correct. But I do not know what magical defenses or suppressions are around the castle. All my plans rely on tactics that do not require overt spellcasting that might be detected... and alchemical reactions cannot be dispelled. I honestly do not know if there will be magical watchmen guarding waiting to do dispels.. I doubt it though."

"But, my main reason... is personal. I want Justice served and I don't want to have an 'accused assassin' just vanish without cause. We all know its not Trina... so the Queen could just as easy claim to have recaptured 'Trina' and place another victim on spectacle. No, I want an ending to this... one that reveals the duplicity of the Queen's actions and exonerates Trina... publicly. These are my desires, which is why I'm willing to take the lion's share of exposure... and risk."

"But beleive me... having you in an out of the way place to get 'trina' away should my plans go awry... is just what I'd like you to do. Your my 'Foreign Trader up the sleeve' {Equivalent to Ace of Spades}...as it were!

LOL! Don't blame this on Ashe... he told you ALL EXACTLY what he was planning to do! The ONLY persons who spoke up were Varrel and Diggle and they suggested they would support his actions. Ashe did just so - Ashe said what he was going to do, when he was going to do it and Why he was going to do it. NO ONE objected. Anyone that 'helped' did so cause THEY chose to. Ashe went out of his way to not involve the party. He was quite ready to do it all on his own without Varrel or Diggle or anyone else getting involved. In fact... I, as a player, did not expect any of you to do anything for a complete stranger, 'false-Trina', in danger - but stand by and watch. Everyone knew what Ashe was going to do and was perfectly justified in not being there or doing nothing to get involved at all.


Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Shakhan is slow to react in the surge of the crowd and the uneasy shifting as it tries to find its mental footing at the recent events. "--" he almost manages, then just spits and growls, "Blast it."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

A few Korvosan Guardsmen step forwards, looking more as if they feel they ought to be doing something than as if they have a purpose in mind.

The Queen half-rises and calls out, "STOP HIM...Let them go they are working for me...The real threat is to the east... Make way for them in the name of the Queen..."

She sits down again looking startled. Sabina spares a glance of astonishment for her mistress before returning to her guard position and glaring at everyone.

Majenko has a mid-air collision with one of the wild pseudodragons. Both emit startled yelps and claw the air, flapping furiously to remain aloft.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Somehow understanding that some magic had worked and possibly saved Ashe after his ridiculous attempt to become Pharasma's right hand man, Una looks around for the possible caster.

She swiftly joins Hytogg, gripping him gently on the shoulder as she backs up to him, keeping an eye on the people around them.

"What's the situation?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe is momentarily fascinated by scintillating scales of the circle of fluttering aerial Pseudodragons.

{How... amazing! Seven! How... ronic. My mother is well-versed in the Varisian superstitions and omens. Does it signify something of a deeper meaning I wonder?}

But he quickly pulls his mind away from the odd... coincidence chuckling slightly at majenko's aerial collision he turns to the young woman and gently pulls her close, "Fear not milady... we will get you to safety."

Ashe hearing the Queen's command to 'Get Him'... and her confused contradictory command leads 'Trina' from the stage into the shocked and milling crowd taking advantage of the Guardsmen's confusion and hesitation he sheaths 'Greyeagle' his Aldori-Dueling Sword. Moving into the crowd leading Trina behind him he whips up his quick-draw shield to cover 'Trina' and himself from attack and makes his way... not toward the exists of the plaza but toward the steps leading up to the battlement walls of Castle Korvosa avoiding the guards as possible.

[Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 13 'Leap off stage into crowd with 'Trina'
* Can't take 10 now in combat rounds

As Ashe moves he occasionally raises his shield above his and trina's head to provide a reference point for the flying Varrel to keep track of them and hopefully he will find the opportunity to swoop in and effect Trina's escape from the plaza - allowing Ashe to focus fully on making good his escape over the walls down to the city far below the Mastaba of Korvosa.

[Move Action: Sheath Sword]

[Move Action: Move 20'ft, as part of move action - Ready Quickdraw shield]

Speaking mentally, {Majenko be sneaky and you and your friends sting any guards that move to intercept us. I'm heading for the wall battlements!}


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Will retcon of needed-Hytogg's turn before mine. Heading to work so posting now

Easily closing the distance to the paladin via flight, Move action just above the heads of the crowd, Varrel mentally relays, "Ashe, tell her a flying friend will carry her away"
Ashe should have time if he's succinct

He begins his incantation in the last moments, as he lands beside the woman then speaks Come with me if you want to live. Let's fly away., then he touches her.
Standard action to cast touch spell


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle, from his hide position will cast Ghost Sound and emulate an authoritative guards voice yelling. "Invisible Assassins. All hands to the queen. Protect the queen." with more voices yet joining the chorus. "Protect the queen!"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe hears the mental que from Majenko and replies back to Varrel, {Ok. Tap me on my left shoulder so I know where you are Varrel... and don't get in your way. When you fly her out of here... head for the Cathedral of Pharasma. Explain it all to the Bishop, find out who the girl is, the Bishop will know what to do to protect her!}

When Ashe feels Varrel's tap on his shoulder he pauses and with a flourish of his cloak throws the fringe of it over Trina saying loud enough for all to hear...

"Under the wings of the Raptor... the innocent find protection! Hahahaha!!"

Then he pirouettes away from her as she vanishes from Varrel's invisibility spell... making it seems as if she just vanished under his cloak into nothingness.

Perform {Acting}: 'Untrainted' 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Bluff: 'Untrained' 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

* NOTE: Hey Diggle you know you just painted a target on Trina and Varrel for anyone savy enough to cast See Invisibility. The Queen IS a Bard/Aristocrat and See Invisible is a spell on the Bard list!


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Well he wanted excitment. Maybe me and 'Trina' flying off into the sunset was too boring ;)


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Oh, that is so true :) Those who are able to cast See Invisibility will be focused on the queen mostly. I'm not worried.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The Korvosan Guardsmen recollect their duty and form a phalanx around the Queen.

Majenko regains flight but the other pseudodragon is not so lucky and crashes to the pavement. Seems the poor beast hurt itself as it is now limping around creeling.

Ashe:
The woman seems quite out of it, very dazed and 'spacey' but she staggers along beside you.

Ashe, the crowds are milling sufficiently that you can pass through, nobody seems inclined to touch you. Varrel takes off and flies over the crowd's heads, matching your movements towards the steps up to the battlements. There is one confused-looking Guardsman standing there, a mere boy who looks as if he only has to shave once a week. He clearly doesn't know what he ought to be doing, conflicted between his initial orders to guard the steps and the recently-shouted ones to form up on the Queen.

A few voices call out "By the gods, it's Blackjack!"... others reply "But he doesn't dress like that!", countered by "He's disguised, silly!"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Round 3. Trying to keep rounds coherant. Megan, Retcon if needed

Varrel, having closed the distance and cast his spell is relieved the woman is not resisting, niether his spellcasting or his grabbing her. Thus they were both invisible.
Moving via touch he quickly pulls the woman onto his back, piggyback style Standard action and takes off at just a high enough angle to clear the edge of the wall and get maximum distance under the extra weight. Move action. Treating Varrel as encumbered so 20ft movt.

With the woman head near his own, he speaks back quietly, It's OK. I am a battlemage. We're invisible and I'm getting you out of here.

Thinking to Majenko, Tell everyone I have her, we need a few more seconds to clear the wall.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe looked into the young womans's eyes and instantly realized she was under some affliction and mentally relays to Varrel, {Friend Varrel, the woman seems drugged in some fashion - poor girl! Please have the Bishop see to what ales her!}

With Trina away Ashe focuses to seeing to his own escape, but is somewhat perplexed by the crowds reaction...

{Who is Blackjack?}, he wonders.

But pushing such questions asside for later he intends to make his escape...

However, ever concerned about those around him, Ashe sees the mini-dragon fall to the flagstones hearing its cries of fright and frustration from its injury. He cannot ignore the peril the brave little creature was in now on his behalf... fearing it might be trampled by the milling crowds or punished by the Guard for its help - Ashe Must act!

Letting his Quick-draw shield fall on it shoulder strap as he moves to the steps Ashe scoops up the mini-dragon protectively in his arms.

Mentally thinking to the injured little dragon, {Fear not! I shall get thee to safety. Under the Wings of the Raptor ALL shall find protection... even you little one. Your courage and aid are not quickly forgotten or taken for granted. I shall heal thee in but a moment!}

Fleeing toward the steps Ashe is confronted by the young fearful guardsman... and he grimaces his thoughts flashing.

{I could likely dash by this youth before he could decide what to do to stop me - but then the full wrath of the Queen would fall upon his young shoulders for my escape. I CANNOT allow that... I will give him an excuse for my escape... and hope it is enough. I may take a quarrel or arrow for my efforts but it must be done to save the youth from harm...}

Still cradling the mini-dragon under his left arm - Ashe dashes right at the young guardsman with no hesitation and with a flick of his wrist the spring-loaded wrist sheath places the packet of sneezing powder into his right hand. Without missing a step Ashe hurls the packet full into the youth's face at short range {10'ft}as he passes him...

Immediate Action: draw Sneezing Powder packet
Standard Action: Attack w/Sneezing Powder packet - Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Fort Save please - DC 12 or be staggered 1d4+1rds

Muttering, "Forgive me lad.. I wish thee nor thy Queen any harm..."

Move Action: Move and jump off walls

Ascending the Steps in a bound Ashe reaches the parapet looking over the crenelations down at beginning of the slant of the Grand Mastaba Pyramid some 40'ft or so below the walls of the castle proper... a total distance to the street some 180 feet... sure death for anyone foolish enough to ump... but not the Greyeagle.

Turning Ashe laughs, "Hahaha! T'was a fine dance your highness, but I must bid you... good evening! Better luck next time!

Then more sternly,"Rule fairly and honestly... and you shall never see me again! Continue to threaten the innocent of Korvosa with lies and injustice... and my Talons will be there to Savage your schemes at every turn!!"

With a courtly bow Ashe leaps over the battlements laughing holding on tightly to the mini-dragon in his arm!

He lands gently at the base of the wall and bounds down the Grand Mastaba unable to resist the lure of gravity. Ashe only tries to keep his feet under him which is fairly easy with his ring of featherfall slowing his decent to light bounding hops... his garishly colored Varisian Kapenia Scarf and dark-gray cloak fluttering wildly behind him with each bound...

Acrobatics: Take 10! 'Jumping'{?} 10 + 4 - 2 = 12
* Again... no one is threatening me or nearby to attack, and I can't fall for any damage so taking 10 should be ok... I hope

Ashe sings loudly chanting a taunt that echoes and rebounds off the Grand Mastaba's stony surface for all to hear...

"I stalk the Wicked,
Clad in twilight's rays.

In the cause of Rightness,
Seeking that Brighter Day.

With Voices raised Regal - People Call Me...

The Greyeagle!
The GREYEAGLE!

Under the Wings of the Raptor -
Raise the Dueling Blade and Shield!

Those who suffer say..
HE will NEVER Yield!

Where is our Champion? - Sing out the Meek...

Under the Mask of the Eagle!
UNDER the MASK of the EAGLE!

He will Fi-iight...
For Truth... a-and Right!!!"

Disguise: 'Untrained' 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
* Note: Ashe's words have all been in OOC as he is actively trying to disguise his voice this whole time.

Perform: Singing 'Untrained' 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

[Megan: I'm assuming the Psudo-dragons continued to fallow Ashe in Trina in their flying circle and are nearby - they have way more than enough movement to keep up. Also no one is near enough to threaten me so I'm not thinking if I let me guard down to pick up the dragon that there is any issue.
Umm... not sure if this is a new round Megan I'm assuming so. But I'm uncertain if your post put my movement ending where I am currently in your post or if I have movement I can do now. So I'll post my movement for round two and hope I'm not pushing ahead too fast. Yes if the youth has his wits Ashe just provoked an AoO by moving by him.

* By the way Megan... is 'blackjack' some reference in the module or have I missed it somewhere in the previous posts? I can find no reference to who that is in the gameplay thread.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

As Varrel does probably the most reasonable thing by turning invisible, and Ashe continues to make a fool of himself, Una grips Hytogg by the wrist.

"I suggest we remove ourselves from the premises, swiftly, before Hellknights or worse show up. The masked man is an idiot."

That's quite a lot to do in 6 seconds, Ashe. I think the song itself would take at least 12.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

I'm uncertain if Megan ended my movement from last round at the young guardsman. I'm unsure if I have a move this round ... I would make an amendment to end this round at the guardman having thrown the Sneezing Powder in his face - but Megan seems to indicate I'm right on him at the beginning of my action. I could save the rest for next round... but at this point... there is no opposition to stop me from running up the stairs and leaping off. I could have arrows targeted at me but technically there is still a circle of min-dragons obscuring me from sight for ranged weapons.

My point being no one can really stop my actions with weapons as Megan described it... so I felt free to play the role up so to speak. Plus no one in the party is near me to affect any actions I take and I'm not interrupting any of your actions. As for the song... lol... that is Ashe doing the only thing he can do while falling - "singing" as gravity does all the movement for him he can't really stand on the pyramid its too steep and he will keep falling.. for no damage.

Megan feel free to stop, shoot at Ashe or interrupt my Immediate, Move and Standard actions as needed.


Shakhan cannot really blend in, but he nonetheless flows off with the part of the crowd that - on balance - prefer their heads intact over their curiosity.

Quote:

[b]Feather fall[b] instantly changes the rate at which the targets fall to a mere 60 feet per round (equivalent to the end of a fall from a few feet).

That is still quite a pace, its not at all like say walking on the moon. At that pace its not uncommon to sprain an ankle on landing. Certainly much safer than a hard fall, but it by no means allows for "light bounding hops". It's a common misconception that I see frequently in Pathfinder that feather fall actually reduces falling to a featherlike descent.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

He'd essentially be running down the descent

Clear of the castle, Varrel will make use of his flight for another 3minutes total, keeping two minute in reserve for the day. He flew as fast as he could considering the load (Probably a Medium load Run) cross country back to the city, toward the Temple of Pharasma- How far? The chart says 600ft per minute. So 1,800ft. I think as the crow flies this is enough to reach the city districts He glances behind looking for signs of persuit
Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

He lands in an.out of the way alley just as he can feel his invisibilty wearing off, at the same time and he dismisses the spell he cast on the woman and scans for anyone who might be watching. Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Chatterbeak who'd been following about 1/2 a mile behind, via his empathic link catches up as Varrel attempts to rouse the seemingly drugged woman.
Chatterbeak, did everyone make it out ok?
He then looks to the woman, Are you alright? I have a place of Sanctuary but we must move. Can you walk unaided?

I'll wait for Megan to reply post before continuing.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

And now Varrel is alone in a back alley somewhere with an unknown woman who was about to be executed for treasonous assassination. Well let's hope she isn't a murderous asylum convict.

Una manages to usher Hytogg in Shakhans general direction as she spies him in the crowd.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

We'll see. If she gets nasty I can sic my familiar on her ;) If the distance was sufficient Varrel would have flown straight to the temple. If he could make that Megs, sweet. Let me know how far we got and if she IS a killer....well let's hope Varrel is her equal. Actually, given Varrels nature- if she is murderous criminal, well.....She might not make it.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

lol. You guys are always so Eager to kill... Varrel does have a sleep hex if he's frightened of the 'spacy', 'drugged', out of it woman with no weapons or armor...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Only if he WANTS her alive. Varrel sees himself as a servant of the Angel of Vengeance. If she is obviously an evil killer- she dies!


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Digger, totally amused for the time as his spell seem to have the desired effect sees that Ashe and the escapee are almost free and clear. He then blends in with the crowd for a short while before spotting Una, Shakhan and Hytogg and heads to them. "That lad sure makes a scene."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg simply shakes his head as he's being led away. "Hmmm". "I suppose we should go back to my estate, and await the outcome".


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5
Varrel wrote:
Only if he WANTS her alive. Varrel sees himself as a servant of the Angel of Vengeance. If she is obviously an evil killer- she dies!

Ashe would have no problem with killing an "evil killer" no objections! {though Ashe would rather define that as a 'evil murderer'... as every fighting man or woman can be considered a 'killer' at one point or another} It's the determining of that - 'Obviously' part of it that Ashe has doubts over. How do you tell someone is 'obviously' an evil killer/murderer without some concrete evidence or catching them in the act as it were?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Being attacked and unrepentant gloating will do. ;)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Back in the early 1980s, I drew a cartoon entitled 'Cast dispel confusion on the DM' which depicted a mage in pointy hat and robes, casting at a baffled-looking fellow sitting behind a DM's screen. It got published in a short-lived magazine produced by TSR UK called Player's Association News in about 1981. The original is still in my D&D 1e Dungeon Master's Guide. I think I need this now!

Ashe passes the bewildered girl off to the airborne Varrel, who promptly goes invisible. The crowd gasps. Ashe turns to scoop up the injured pseudodragon, a lurid jade beast, and scampers up the stairs hurling sneezing-powder at the pimply-faced youth in Korvosan Guard uniform. He looks like he wants to burst into tears, except he is sneezing too hard to do so!

Una, Shakhan and Hytogg move off through the crowd, being joined by Diggle (who only gets stepped on twice by inattentive 'big folks'...).

Varrel reaches a suitably-deserted alleyway and lands, becoming invisible and disturbing a couple of dogs which stop what they are doing, yelp, and scamper off. [If you really want to know what they were up to, refer to the song My Double-decker Dog by Weird Al...] The girl stares blankly at Varrel and drools a little. Chatterbeak comes flapping in, grumbling about the difficulty of following invisible people even if you do have a permanent mental link with them. Varrel reckons he's about a quarter of a mile away from the Cathedral, if that's where he wants to go.

Meanwhile, Ashe treats everyone to a spectacular display as he careers down the Grand Mastaba almost out of control, just remaining upright with his jade-coloured new friend flapping frantically and Majenko swooping around overhead.

The Queen arises and stalks back into the castle, escorted by Sabina and the guardsmen. Some loud-mouthed majo-domo type suggests that the crowd disperse forthwith.

What now?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Apparently alone with the woman and only 1 invisibility scroll left Varrel wonders what to do....

The Temple or the Marshall?....I'd rather not involve the Marshall further. The less she knows, the safer she will be...

What few spells he had left were combat spells. He could reachthe temple via flight if he pushed but flying visibly would attract attention.
He had to turn to disposable magics again. Removing a scroll from his pack , not having downtime to scribe scrolls was a blessing in disguise. If he'd had sufficient time this spell amd all the other scrolls would be in his spellbook.

He removed a scroll that summoned a light riding horse.
Just an elf and a quick-wife headed for a romp

He laid the woman.over.the saddle and jumped up into the saddle and righted her sobshe was sitting with one of his arms around her and the other holding the reins.
To the temple then. The woman needs to sleep off whatever she has been given. Then hopefully we can get some answers

Varrel rides off at a steady pace. So far from the castle, it was unlikely the mews had gotton out yet and none of the rumors would mention an elf. He heads off , praying to Ragathiel to make the journey, unimpeeded. The Temple...

Chatterbeak, fly high and keep watch. We're going to see the Pharasmans.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe stumbles at the base of the Grand Mastaba but rolls up to his feet and is moving with all haste. Quickly glancing about he gets his bearing... South Castle Street, south east of the slope of the Grand Mastaba just north of the intersection of Field Marshal Avenue. More or less right were he wanted to be having laid out the plan of his escape from the Castle.

Pulling the deep hood of his cloak up to conceal his masked visage - Ashe sprints into the surrounding buildings not slowing until he is two streets away approaching the Alley he told Marcum to wait with the carriage.

Reaching the alley Ashe moves into the shadows and speaking to the Jade Pseudodragon, "Thank you my friend for your efforts on my behalf... I'm sorry you were injured... here I'll heal your wound."

Ashe uses lay on hands to heal the mini-dragon and lifts him to let him flutter his wings and take flight with these parting thoughts directed at the jade mini-dragon, "Know that you have a friend in Asherick Whiteplume... if ever you need my aid... Majenko can find me and I will be there to render you aid in need!"

Ashe gets into the Carraige Marcum waiting inside...

Ashe removes his cloak and tabard and apparel all in dark-gray with Marcums' obvious relieved assistance.

"I take it you were successful Sir? I don't see and missing limbs but you are missing a young woman in your company? That's unusual for you, Sir."
Ashe takes of his Eagle mask, leather cowl and dark-grey hair-scarf setting them into the valise Marcum as waiting. Majenko lands on the roof of the Carriage keeping watch.

Ashe chuckles, "I do more than Courtesan work you know Marcum, and yes... Trina-Fake was rescued. My friends are spiriting her even now to the Cathedral of Pharasma."
Marcum unbuckles Ashe sword belt and stows 'Greyeagle' also into the valise with a tray built specifically for the curved Aldori dueling blade.

"Ah very good Sir, when is your execution scheduled...? I'll make sure I send a messenger page indicating I'm sick that day and won't be in for work, sir."
Taking the cloak, boots and other dark-gray apparel off Ashe stowed it all in the valise and lifting the seat of the carriage he placed the valise in the concealed seat compartment. Setting the quick-draw shield over the case before closing the compartment.

Ashe smiled, "The day before I schedule hiring a new butler, Marcum..."
Ashe quickly dresses in a set of courtly finery with Marcum's assistance concealing his spring loaded wrist sheaths under the ruffles of his silk shirt.

Marcum grimaces, his deadpan tone indicating his sarcasm, "You are too kind Sir... perhaps you should have been a comic or jester... you may have missed your 'true' calling, Sir."

When finally Ashe is clad in his high-collared Blue Shirt & Breaches w/Silver Double-Eagle Eagle Brocading upon the breast & sleeves - Courtier's outfit. Ashe sits upon the carriage seat smirking at the irony of Marcum's comments.

"To the Temple of the Many - Marcum... drive casually... we're in no hurry."

"Very Good Sir."

Getting out of the Carraige Marcum climbed to the Driver's seat and started the team of drafts moving at a slow trot heading for Pillar Hill Boulevard and eventually Breach Avenue along the gentle curve of the Height's District Streets as the evening darkened.

Ashe thought at Majenko, "My friend, go to the Cathedral of Pharasma and look for Varrel tell him I've made my escape and I am on my way there - wait for me."

Majenko flutters off into the darkening evening.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Not sure if Meg was waiting on others to post a 'getaway' post. She was online and posted in some other games but not this one


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Maybe its my fault. I've sort of pushed the story... a bit TOO hard perhaps... and I've sent her several e-mails which she has yet to respond to... save one which was only to ask if I was sending the e-mail to the right person. I don't think Megan knows how to access the Paizo site private messages so I sent copies of the private messages I've sent her here to her real e-mail address. I really needed some answers... but none have been presented. Guess we'll just have to be patient.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I was waiting to see what everyone else was doing, yes... Varrel is riding off to the Cathedral on a scroll-summoned horse, Ashe is driving through town in a fancy carriage... what is everyone else doing?


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle is just going with the group leaving it up to them to direct the party.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Up to Una, Hytogg and Shaktan now. Incidently, can we all try to keep to the min 1post/day bit? Otherwise we get days like last night where we miss a GM story post because she's waiting on others. Although to be fair, it WAS sunday yesterday. Sorry if I came off like a jerk just then, but even just a simple dotting of the thread so we know you are happy with where you are up to post wise if you don't feel there is a need to update your action.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg (Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2) Tue, Jul 3, 2012, 05:38 PM FLAG | LIST | REPLY

+
Hytogg simply shakes his head as he's being led away. "Hmmm". "I suppose we should go back to my estate, and await the outcome".

Hytogg did state that he was going back to his house.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una agrees.

"And then, hopefully, I can get a look at those Harrow Cards. The Idiot Savant might have changed our fates."

She looks around to make sure Shakhan is still with them, and Diggle of course, since he is the most likely to be stepped on in the chaos.


Chatterbeak alights.on Varrels shoulder as they trot along, picking up on his Masters worry he uses a whisper rather than his customary squark and chits and snaps in a language similar to bird calls
Where are Buddy Crackerman, Roof Runner, The man with the tasty frog and Pretty Hair Ashe gone boss? And the funny Shortbody, I like him, looks likea fun people. What's the plan?

He shifts his weight to allow for the gentle trot of the horse.

2,701 to 2,750 of 5,968 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.