Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,651 to 2,700 of 6,056 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe smiles at Diggle, "Of course Master Spindlewell, we will try to await your return when we arrive at the Citadel... be careful. The street.. somewhat more dangerous recently."

Then Ashe ponders,"Master Spindlewell... if you are going to run some errands...would you consider swinging by the Acadamae to purchase scrolls for Varrel? I believe he wanted some invisibility scrolls."

Turning to Varrel, "That might save you some times as well Varrel... do you have the gold on you? Or would you prefer to purchase them yourself?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"I will endeavor to be back soon. I dare not miss the show at the square later on. And worry not about the streets and I for this quaint looking gnome packs a magical punch. Thank you for your concern though chap." Diggle begins to move off but is stopped short by the Paladin's request. He then awaits Varrel's response to Asherick's question while keeping some attention on the bearers.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The Wake-House is busy enough to be convivial, but not packed. Una soon has a goblet to sip from, although one or two patrons sniff audibly and move away...

Happy to move on to the Citadel forthwith, just stuck the Wake-House in for Una, so she could get the wine she sounded so eager for! :)


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Actually we shall be along ourselves. I'm afraid the quality of the wine here was not what Id hoped. Once miss Una.has finished her glass let's make haste.
Varrel lays down the coin for Una's wine and the 4 flagons Shakhan was downing.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

At 150gp a pop I'll need to get paid to afford both


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe chuckles, "You have expensive tastes friend Varrel. When we have some time.. I'll take you to my home and share a few glasses of elven wine with you... my friend Tessara Kalissreavil the Mierani elven Ambassador's daughter is fond of it and makes sure I have a good supply for her visits between out Pathfinder missions. She finds the stuffy company of the elves at the consolidate not to her liking much."

Then Ashe turns somber and serious, "Varrel, I'd like to ask you to after all this execution business is over to come speak with my... uncle Marcus. The... queen's actions are disturbing and I would consult his wisdom on the matter... I'd like your input as well. you see things... perhaps with a little more detachment than I. you point of view would be valuable."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

150 gp a pop? For the flagons? I only need a goblet for myself. I don't think a goblet of wine would cost 150 gp, maybe 1 gp at the most.

"The actions of the nobility, let alone the aristocracy, are usually disturbing."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I meant the scrolls of Invisibility are 150gp a pop. Not the wine

If you wish..friend. I will come.

Varrel is taken back a little by the request. The elf liked Ashe. But his soft views on killing was straining thier relationship. Whether the problem was Ashe being ignorant to the way the world really was or if Varrel had endured so much as to no longer see the light, remained to be seen...


Yep..hic...bosh is....hic...mosht powerful of group..
Chatterbeak was attempting to keep up with Shakhan's pace. The bird had yet to tolerate ale and it only took a thimbul (which Shakhan helpfully kept on him now for such occasions) full to inebriate the bird.
Yep...drinkin' an whorin' wit Crackerman...good times..hic.
Shhh.. Y'know crackerman...Chatterbeak wants to eat Morty the frog..
When floppy hat wizard not looking... Shhh, not tell.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

You'll do no such thing and you've had enough already. Shakhan, kindly stop giving the bird drink. He needs to be sober for the execution.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"Okay then, I will make a start and shadow them but I shall expect you along soon enough. Nothing changes though, if you are delayed I will meet you later at the citadel."


Shakhan makes sure to order a broad mug with some sweet liquor; that seems to be Chatterbeak's favorite. "How many executions have you seen? Gah! Makes me sick to the stomach. It's not a warrior's way to go. I find the only way to not be put off entirely, is to be drunk."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe listens to Shakhan and his eyes harden not at him... but with him.

Ashe pours Shakhan another drink, "...I truly understand how you feel friend Shakhan. I have witnessed a Ulfen execution. A condemned man was given a sword and put in a pit to face down four other equally armed men at once... he went down fighting never once yielding and never crying out. It was a man's death. If only life... and death were that simple always..."

Ashe pours a drink for himself and downs it with Shakhan.

"There is a Gorum proverb I keep close to heart, 'Fear comes with the possibility of Death, but Calmness... shepherds its certainty.'"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Diggle follows the bearer party to the Citadel. They don't notice him, at least not until the gate guard - after quizzing them as to their business - salutes and passes him in without question.

Alerted, Field Marshal Kroft comes out into the yard. She directs the bearers to lay their burden down in a chamber that serves as anteroom to the armoury, and sends them on their way with a generous tip... er, donation to the Church.

"Welcome, Master Spindlewell - did you find them? Will they come?"

You notice that the yard is crowded with an unusual number of Guards, armed and armoured.

Kroft tells you that the 'execution' (you can hear the quotes!) is to be held in the public courtyard of Castle Korvosa, and that invitations have been going out to all the great and good of the city, for all the world as if it were a garden party or a ball.

Make your preparations and be ready, Wednesday I intend to post your arrival at the execution site...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Having finished thier drinks and hasted to catch up to the gnome the party enters just in time to hear tje question "Will they come?“ Varrel is the first to speak.

Most Certainly Marshall, for I am ever indepted to the woman who saw foot to allow a slave his freedoms and meaningful employment. The remains are recoverd and.I am hoping Thousand Bones and the Shoanti are appeased. It sounds like the insanity grows by the hour. If you'd kindly brief us and see any payment for services renderd done, or perhaps access to the OFFICERS armory we can best prepare to try and halt the madness. It seems the more difficult these missions become, we run into foes more and more resistant to our blades. This exectution has tremendous potential to go bad and if the queen and her retune are attending we could well be fighting for OUR own lives as well as the girl in question. We have some ideas but require details to properly form a workable plan and aquire what we will need.
.

Varrel moves closer and lowers his voice. It will be difficult to hide your involvement should things go wrong Marshall. Know that should the worst occur I will be at your side to defend you. I owe you that. But I'd rather see success and all of us safely away. What is your plan?

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

Was there some monetary reward for finding the Shoanti Warrior's body? And was it per person or total for 5-way split?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Honestly can't remember specifics but she usually pays us. Have we 'taken' a cash split from the Crypt? Diggle is in front a bit since he started with 5th char wealth. The rest of us are under.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe follows Varrel's example drinking only three drinks with his companions then beating a hasty course to Citadel Volshynek and the Marshal Kroft's presence.

Ashe asks Marshal Kroft,"Is it... true that some other woman is to be executed in Trina's stead? Is this woman... to your knowledge, innocent of any crime?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

After a few swift swallows, the goblet of wine is emptied and Una feels the quiet tingle of good alcohol sweeten her disposition. Relaxed and now eager to face the coming hours, she makes her way to the citadel.

Although she is saluted at the gate, she decides to stealth through the citadel and determine what she can from overhearing the local buzz, if such a situation presents itself.

Stealth
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"Marshal!" Diggle bows before the official, as much as he disliked being in the company of any law-person Kroft was his avenue for jobs utilising his craft. "I found them easy enough and they should be along ......." Diggle is cut short as the others arrive, make their greetings and answer the Marshal's question.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Ah, good," says Kroft as everyone turns up. She's actually smiling!

"The corpse will be returned to Thousand Bones as soon as he arrives, I have already sent word. You have earned your reward - 1,000gp apiece if I recall aright." She calls over one of her minions who scampers off to her office.

"Now, there always seems to be something, doesn't there? Queen Ileosa has announced that the assassin is to be executed at sunset and has invited many of Korvosa's nobles, military officers, and anyone of any real import to Castle Korvosa's public courtyard to witness the event. What she hasn't done is annouce who the assassin she intends to have executed is. There has not been any trial or anything that I have heard about, and you can rest assured that I forwarded the Bishop's evidence regarding the Sabor lass. No, don't tell me where she is. I did not hear back about that message, so officially she is still on the 'wanted' list.

"Anyway, I would like you there, to see what is going on and who has an appointment with their Maker. The way things have been going lately in Korvosa, I'm worried that the execution might trigger another riot. You have about two hours before sundown, use them well."

The minion returns with several bags and you get your reward.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

In the two hours until the execution, Una busies herself by procuring more needed materials from either the citadel itself, or from a merchant (if within walking distance).

Namely, a mithral chain shirt and black leather jerkin to cover it (and make it appear like leather armor). Not sure how much you want to charge for the jerkin, since it does offer a slight tactical advantage of not being flashy and visible like chain mail often is. Also, two potions of gravity bow.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Thankyou, Marshall. You are generous as always. We will make our preparations.

Varrel hurries to the acadamae to buy some scolls, swinging by his armorors on the way
You have my order?

{Tweren't easy to get the materials. You got the coin?}

Varrel sells the Masterwork mace, Warhammer, his old cestus and the regular composite bow he had and Purchases a Masterwork Alchemical Silver Warhammer and a Masterwork Cold Iron Cestus.
He hastens to the Acadamy and buys 6 scrolls
1 of Invisibility (Though it pains him. He could have prepared the spells, had he another day.)
1 of Obscuring Mist
1 of Silent Image
1 of Tactical Acumen


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel considers his Korvosan medal.
What he was likely to do this day was tantamount to treason.
I find a place where I can live free, yet I do things which could land me in chains.

He sells the medal there and uses most of his remaining funds for another Pearl of Power.
Twelve GP left, before.Ashe gives me my share of the consiscated goods value....hope I live to need it.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe accepts the information from the Marshal, "Thank you Marshal Kroft, I will certainly be in attendance."

Turning to his comrades, "I'm sure we all have things to do in preparation for the ...event. What say we all meet at Master Hytogg's house in an hour and go together to the Castle. I'll see you all then or at the Castle."

Ashe accepts the gold rewards and takes his leave...

Just outside the Citadel courtyard a carriage of house Whiteplume is waiting - Strangely it is shuttered and its curtains draw so none can see what is within or those within see what is without. Ashe enters the carriage a servant waiting. The driver immediately starts off the team of carriage horses trotting unhurriedly away from the citadel.

Once within, Ashe removes his weapons and armor with the assistance of Marcum. The staid and proper butler's expression clearly revealing his ...uncomfortableness with the missive's directions Majenko delivered.
Ashe, out of his plate armor and his familiar weapons stowed away - opened the packages and gear he'd requested. Without delay he dons them.

The Irony not lost on him Ashe smirks and comments, "You seem troubled Marcum. If you have something to say ...just say it."

The proper Cheliax slightly-balding manservant's expression turned neutral, "Whatever gave you that idea Sir? Its not like this is any different from the treacherous, death-trap filled, demon-haunted, ends of the world - far away, god-forsaken ruins you spend much of your time with your many-times unsavory fellow Pathfinders rooting around in; all the while your mother and sister worry terribly about you not knowing if you will return 'this time'!"

Ashe chuckled as he pulled fastened up the Armored coat and adjusted the spring-loaded wrist sheaths on his forearms.

Marcum picked up the alabaster white Andoran Eagle party mask and gazing disapprovingly at the eye-slits of the mask commented, "...but I must admit sir... this is the first time your heroic adventures required costume party accoutrements... will the guards also be dressed in costumes... perhaps this time with stage swords?"

Ashe laughed as he pulled on the dark grey hooded cloak and began tying his hair into a tight ponytail to hide under the gray leather cowl and hair scarf, "Sarcasm is the tool of a weak mind Marcum... you're slipping."

Not missing a beat, "And Idealism is a sign of a delusional mind sir... but whose to say which is the worse affliction? Shall I have a surgeon ready to attest to your temporary - hopefully, loss of sanity should your... evening excursion into criminal-rescuing come to an ill end, Sir?"

Ashe grinned as he buckled the sheathed Aldori Dueling sword to his waist and picked up the quickdraw light shield and slung it under his cloak behind him ready for instant use remarking, "You worry too much Marcum, I'm sure they'll give you a cell right next to mine so you can continue to badger me with ...'I told you so... Sir'!"

Marcum sighed handing Ashe the Alabaster Eagle-beaked mask, "...my mother said I should have been a improv stand-up comic instead of a nobleman's manservant. Why did I not listen?"

Ashe stifled a laugh, "You would have been great Marcum! Make sure my weapons and armor make it to the shrine of IOMEDAE at the Pantheon of All complex."

Ashe sat down at the cramped writing table and quickly wrote a letter to his mother with a ink and quill.

Handing the letter to Marcum, "Make sure mother gets this as soon a possible. Don't wait up for me... things may get a bit hot if it goes bad!"

Marcum grimaced, "I'll try not to loose sleep sir but wondering if the Royal Guard will be coming before morning tea to drag one to the headsman for aiding and abetting will make my sleep somewhat... tenuous, Sir."

Marcum placed the plain wooden holy symbol of IOMEDAE around Ashe's neck instead of Ashe's already packed silver symbol, "...I think you will need this more than ever... Sir."

Ashe nodded gratefully and wrapped his garish Kapina scarf around his neck and shoulders its bright colored length a stark contrast to the universal dark grey he now wore.

Ashe's eyes lowered in trepidation of what he was going to do. He pulled on the Eagle mask and drew the deep gray hood of his cloak up concealing his face... masked, cowled or otherwise from anyone who might look his way, "Pray for me Marcum..."

"As always Sir... good hunting!"

Ase gave Marcum further instructions making sure his family would be safe in the event of his failure. The carriage went to several locations ad Marcum went about Ashe's instructions as Ashe stayed concealed within the carriage. Ashe had time to even write a letter to Trina... just in case he would never see her again. The loot the party had acquired Ashe saw to it it was dealt with a liquidated as Marcum found the traders who would be mostly honest to a nobleman's servant as Marcum did what he did best.

Ashe had the carriage swing by Castle Korvosa but he remained within as Marcum inquired of the assembling noble's servants as to the nature of the event ... but carefully casing out the entire area executions area able to go as a servant where none would be suspicious.

Marcum returned to the carriage and described all he'd witness and the lay out of the event area where the execution was to take place and where the guards were positioned. All of which Ashe carefully mapped out in detail on parchment. Ashe mentally called out his thoughts to Mejenko and sure enough... Majenko found him - already at the perch Ashe told him and taking flight eventually he perched atop Ashe's carriage.

The scouting done Ashe had Marcum tell the driver to proceed to Hytogg's residence.

In an ally nearby the carriage paused momentarily and Ashe slipped out let the carriage leave the street before he made his way under his disguise to Hytogg's door. But the dead give away to any who knew Ashe ... Majenko fluttered down to perch on his shoulder. Though for anonymity Majenko had left all his gear at Whiteplume estate as Ashe has requested - save a single smoke pellet clutched in one clawed tallon.

Disguise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Ashe did not knock at the door but Majenko silently called out telepathically, {Open up spellcaster Hytogg.. its Ashe and Majenko here to meet for execution!}


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle asks the Marshal Kroft if she has anything immediate for him to attend to. If there isn't anything pressing he goes with Varrel.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel is finding he rather enjoy's the company of this delightful Gnome. The sorcerer was doing a very good job of keeping the usually dour elf in a good mood, despite the very pressing matters they faced this day.
Tell me, Sir Diggle, how did you come to this place? Do you believe it's people are worth fighting for? Or is this new queen merely thier reflection? I look around this palce and despite having freedom here, the place seems alog like Cheliax, in congrast to Sir Whiteplume's endless optimisim.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

After her purchases, Una returns to the citadel to check on piglet Ashe, then dresses for the execution. She decides that her black leather ensemble is the most fitting, and makes ready to the best of her ability, including finally getting a quick bath that lasts a few minutes or so.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5
Varrel wrote:

Varrel is finding he rather enjoy's the company of this delightful Gnome. The sorcerer was doing a very good job of keeping the usually dour elf in a good mood, despite the very pressing matters they faced this day.

Tell me, Sir Diggle, how did you come to this place? Do you believe it's people are worth fighting for? Or is this new queen merely thier reflection? I look around this palce and despite having freedom here, the place seems alog like Cheliax, in congrast to Sir Whiteplume's endless optimisim.

"I came to this place decades ago. In all honesty I am not certain why I keep coming back here having only been away on short journeys. I am on the verge of leaving in search of adventure as this place is becoming more of a burden upon my soul than a gift. If I find a suitable group of companions I will surely be on my way with little regret. I have no love for this place for the law and monarchy are oppressive. It was once entirely fascinating to walk the streets but the first impression has certainly been colored over leaving little to appreciate save for the Acadamae. That door is closed to me also now so little here holds attachment for me. It would do my heart well to induce some excitement into the place."


"Kid," Shakhan tells Diggle, "it's only natural to get bored easily - you're young; and there's still so much out there that you want to experience. But if you hang out with us a bit, we've been through all sorts of missions for the Field Marshal. Can't say it was dull." Shakhan looks doubtful, "Though I doubt she'll send us out of the city any time soon."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"Oh Shakhan, you are a delight. Even at your very words I feel a hop returning to my step and as you suggest, my steps will assuredly patter along behind you in search of this excitement you are most common with."


When Ashe allocates the treasures they have amassed, Shakhan stares at the little ring that the paladin had given him. With a shrug he asks the merchant that took most of the loot of their hands how much the ring would normally trade for. Just for a moment it looks like the giant warrior would pale at the numbers. Then he swallows visibly, and puts on the ring. He asks the merchant for four small pouches, then divvies up 800 gold coins, 200gp into each.

"Here," he hands the pouches to Ashe, "everybody should get a share of this ring - the guy said that he'd give 1000 for it, so I figure each of us would've received 200 from it."

For a long while he weighs the remainder of the coins in his hand. His gold pouch is heavy, far heavier than it has been in a very long time. Then he sighs, and leaves.

It isn't all that far, but the legs carry him unwillingly. Every step takes him further back into the past. Finally he stands before the drinking hole that had, for intents and purposes, been his home. It was no coincidence that he'd received the Harrow card here, just before he set out to kill Lamm and Korvosa descended into madness.

He steps in.

"Josepp."

The innkeeper looks up in surprise. "Shakhan! It's been what? Months! I thought something happened, again!"

Wordlessly Shakhan shakes his head, and there's a hint of an expression on his face.

"What?! Did... did you just smile?!"

A moment there is silence between the two, then they hug.

"It's over, Josepp. Lamm's dead, I made sure, and I've found some good people. We've been doing this and that. Got one of these." He shows Josepp the medallion of the pseudodragon.

"That's fantastic! ...so... that you're here like this... can mean only one thing?"

"Yea. I want it back. But take this instead, I owe it to you." Against the innkeep's protest Shakhan hands him a big pouch of money. In return, after some rummaging, Josepp hands over a large, neatly-wrapped object. It is obvious that a lot of care has gone into ensuring its proper storage.

"Don't forget about us again, I expect to see and hear from you!"

Shakhan nods, although the hint of a smile didn't last long on his grim features - there is a certain satisfaction which accompanies him now. He thoughtfully, almost reverently, opens the package. His eyes shine for a moment as the bright content is revealed: a silvery shield embossed in simple designs depicting a tower.

"Don't worry, I'll be back - and you'll definitely be hearing of me." He leaves. His newly acquired shield still fitted him as snugly as it did years ago. Some of the more mature patrons and people on the street who see it whisper among themselves. Shakhan's shield! Who is this man who carries Shakhan's shield? Isn't Shakhan dead? Is it him?

Just spent 2020gp to buy a +1 mithril heavy shield. And 800gp to pay the party for a ring of proc +1. Shakhan is left with 358gp now.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Sorry, Shakhan. About to start work, 12 hr shift so getting this in

Varrel and Diggle happen to walk in to the vendors on thier wayto Hytogg's. Varrel catches on just as they exchange is about to occur and grabs Shakan's arm just before the exchange. Shakhan gives a look of Menace at the intruder until it registers the hand belongs to his ally amd drinking buddy's owner.

Apologies, Shakan. But as it happens i have some coin remaining from Ashe's divy. Fortunately my purse is heavy or I'd not have wandered in. Might I beg you sell ME the ring, if you don't wish it yourself. I will pay you the full 2000gp, for no disrespect to the vendor, I'd have to pay that to him were I to have entered a minute later and my good friend would habe a thousand gold less than he deserved.

Chatterbeak pipes in with {Yes, yes. Buddy Crackerman. More money for drink. Can I go with Crackerman Master? Chatterbeak has fun with Crackerman, yes he does!}

Varrel looks to the big man and smiles, Well, friend? I think that may be enough for you to fimd soemthing useful to calm the fire in our friend the Vendor's eyes. A magical weapon perhaps? Up to you.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Awwww so sweet


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Clean and refreshed, her leather ensemble also scrubbed clean in the few hours until the assas- err, execution, Una feels more like herself as she rejoins the others.

"Well, gentlemen. What is the story so far?"


@Varrel: I don't know what >you< have been reading. But Shakhan isn't selling the ring. He's instead paying the party the difference in gains from the party loot. In other words: Shakhan gets the ring. He "buys" it from the party at selling price (i.e. 1000gp), everybody, including Shakhan, gets equal share. So effectively Shakhan pays 800gp for the ring.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Shakhan wrote:

When Ashe allocates the treasures they have amassed, Shakhan stares at the little ring that the paladin had given him. With a shrug he asks the merchant that took most of the loot of their hands how much the ring would normally trade for. Just for a moment it looks like the giant warrior would pale at the numbers. Then he swallows visibly, and puts on the ring. He asks the merchant for four small pouches, then divvies up 800 gold coins, 200gp into each.

"Here," he hands the pouches to Ashe, "everybody should get a share of this ring - the guy said that he'd give 1000 for it, so I figure each of us would've received 200 from it."
..

Sorry I read it as you sold the ring to the Merchant and gave us all some of tje money. Let's all forget my last post and say Varrel went and bought his own ring then. ;)


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

{Is this a backtrack to when Ashe was with the party and dividing up the loot at the citadel... or when the party regathers at Hytogg's house? Technically, Ashe has not sold the items until he meets the party again at Hytoggs... where he was going to distribute the gold from the sold items - but we can overlook that in favor of expedience if everyone agrees.}

Shakhan wrote:

When Ashe allocates the treasures they have amassed, Shakhan stares at the little ring that the paladin had given him. With a shrug he asks the merchant that took most of the loot of their hands how much the ring would normally trade for. Just for a moment it looks like the giant warrior would pale at the numbers. Then he swallows visibly, and puts on the ring. He asks the merchant for four small pouches, then divvies up 800 gold coins, 200gp into each.

"Here," he hands the pouches to Ashe, "everybody should get a share of this ring - the guy said that he'd give 1000 for it, so I figure each of us would've received 200 from it."

For a long while he weighs the remainder of the coins in his hand. His gold pouch is heavy, far heavier than it has been in a very long time. Then he sighs, and leaves.

It isn't all that far, but the legs carry him unwillingly. Every step takes him further back into the past. Finally he stands before the drinking hole that had, for intents and purposes, been his home. It was no coincidence that he'd received the Harrow card here, just before he set out to kill Lamm and Korvosa descended into madness.

He steps in.

"Josepp."

The innkeeper looks up in surprise. "Shakhan! It's been what? Months! I thought something happened, again!"

Wordlessly Shakhan shakes his head, and there's a hint of an expression on his face.

"What?! Did... did you just smile?!"

A moment there is silence between the two, then they hug.

"It's over, Josepp. Lamm's dead, I made sure, and I've found some good people. We've been doing this and that. Got one of these." He shows Josepp the medallion of the pseudodragon.

"That's fantastic! ...so... that you're here like this... can mean only one thing?"

"Yea. I want it back. But take this instead, I owe it to you." Against the innkeep's protest Shakhan hands him a big pouch of money. In return, after some rummaging, Josepp hands over a large, neatly-wrapped object....

Ashe looks at Shakhan puzzlement on his face at the gold pouch handed at him... then realization comes to his expression and pulls his hands back,"Oh No, friend Shakhan I cannot take that! You are a party member and not least a close friend. You do not need to pay me... nor do I believe any of us for an item found by our efforts that you plan on retaining and using in our behalf!"

"The sentiment is quite Honorable but in practicality is unsustainable. Take for instance Master Hytogg... if we should recover, say a 'Staff of Power', it is likely we will not find enough gold at the same time for him to purchase that powerful item from the party out of his sole share of the gold. Yet it would be insulting and stupid on our part to not let him use it in battle! No, I'm sure we will find other items of value that none of us individually has the gold to purchase even at re-sale price from the party."

"As long as you are using an item we find and not just selling it for the gold... I feel we are all getting 'our share' of the item having you use it in our benefit. That includes should you someday find your life leads you on your own path away from us... your efforts and support of our goals has more than earned you possession and ownership of any items you are gifted with from our exploits! You owe us nothing. I cannot in good conscience take your gold... especially from a friend for your efforts with ours have won us all that we found and looted even beyond your simple support in battle! You have Earned that ring... its yours, as far as I'm concerned!"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

You have all written brilliantly about your use of the time prior to the execution.... who needs a DM? :)

Once you are all gathered at Hytogg's house, there is barely time for a cup of tea before you need to set out. In your travels, you've all noticed an air of anticipation, as if the very city is holding its breath, waiting to see what will transpire.

Castle Korvosa

Common knowledge about Castle Korvosa

The execution will take place on the flat top of the Grand Mastaba outside the walls of the Castle itself.

Last chance to do anything else before you get there. So preparatory spell-casting, etc., would be appropriate, as well as mentioning any other weapons or items you are taking as well as what you have already mentioned.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

A masked and disguised Ashe will layout sketched map of the Execution yard atop the Grand Mastaba detailing where the guards were setting up and where the execution stand is along with the exits and walls.

"I plan on waiting until the prisoner is brought to the execution stand positioning myself here... as close to the front as possible. When 'Trina' arrives, I will light a smoke stick I'm carrying and charge the stage. I'd planned on throwing sneezing powder or itching powder in the executioners face to incapacitate him but if you could sleep hex hm Varrel that would be even better. Remember... I want No bloodshed if at all possible. That would also be a idea moment for your audible glamors Master Diggle. Once I have the stage... I plan on freeing the prisoner and confronting the crowd with the truth... revealing 'Trina' to not be the real Trina and the evidence she has been exonerated by confirmed testimony from Bishop d'Bear. Majenko will be there to telepathically keep us in communication and coordination - but not near me. Pseudo-dragons are very common in Korvosa... no one will find it strange one is lurking about. At that point it will be a fluid action then. I have smoke pellets, another smoke stick, and a thunderstone, to stun and conceal our escape... though having you ready to swoop in and fly 'trina' away Varrel will be a great help should I be too stalled by opposition. If pressed too hard I can simply jump off the Grand Mastaba and float to the ground far below. I believe the power of my ring - its casting power is sufficient to safely carry two; one carried by the other to the ground below, but that is a last resort risk. I'm disguised, so I'd prefer to be the only one people are watching so as to protect you from drawing blame or incrimination. Comments or suggestions on the action?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

It's risky Ashe. I can slumber the man, but he may resist. There are no signs or words when I use it though. Would it not be better for me to remain in an out of the way spot, make myself invisible and then fly to her? Our new friend or you could cut the rope, I make her invisible and fly away?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods, "Potentially, you are correct. But I do not know what magical defenses or suppressions are around the castle. All my plans rely on tactics that do not require overt spellcasting that might be detected... and alchemical reactions cannot be dispelled. I honestly do not know if there will be magical watchmen guarding waiting to do dispels.. I doubt it though."

"But, my main reason... is personal. I want Justice served and I don't want to have an 'accused assassin' just vanish without cause. We all know its not Trina... so the Queen could just as easy claim to have recaptured 'Trina' and place another victim on spectacle. No, I want an ending to this... one that reveals the duplicity of the Queen's actions and exonerates Trina... publicly. These are my desires, which is why I'm willing to take the lion's share of exposure... and risk."

"But beleive me... having you in an out of the way place to get 'trina' away should my plans go awry... is just what I'd like you to do. Your my 'Foreign Trader up the sleeve' {Equivalent to Ace of Spades}...as it were!


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

When the crowds are assembled and just before Ashe makes his move, Digs will cast Shield upon himself from his hide (his cloak collar folded high as to conceal him the best as can be. Stealth1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Then he will use the Ghost Sound DC14 Will Save spell as previously stated to generate 20 male voices yelling from the crowd ,supporting the claim that this person is 'Not Trina, not guilty'. Diggle hopes to generate some further support from the crowd by doing this.

Range on my Ghost Sound is 35ft and will persist for 5 rounds.

Diggle will use a second casting of Ghost Sound to cause disruption once Ashe has made his move. He has yet to determine what this sound will be based on the unfolding of the event. Diggle also intends to use his Wand of Grease to full effect. To slow guards, to grease stairs to the Mastaba just for example. This is Diggle's non-lethal tactic.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Una, Shakhan, Hytogg. What say you to the plan?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"It's difficult to plan for events that may or may not happen in the way we wish them to. As I've mentioned before, I don't usually plan for things as much as prepare for a multitude of possibilities. (The Juggler is a perfect epitaph.)"

Una holds up her crossbow and examines it to make sure it is well oiled and will not catch.


Shakhan is content to watch the proceedings and jump into the action as it unfolds.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The toast of Korvosa is in attendance in garish gowns, fine capes, and enough jewels to blind a common man. The overall feel of the event is that of a grand ball or party, not an assassin's public execution. Ashe recognises a lot of people he's socialised with in the city, but none recognise him in his disguise...

Majenko wheels overhead, there are half a dozen wild pseudodragons he can blend in with.

Then Queen Ileosa emerges amid a great flourish and pomp as heralds announce her arrival with a fanfare of music and drums. This is not the subdued mourner you met earlier — Queen Ileosa has fully accepted the mantle of sole monarch now, and carries herself with poise, style, and grace. She wears a green and white silk dress worth thousands of gold coins, and is attended by a small army of servants. Chief among these is Sabina, her expression neutral but ever watchful for possible problems in the crowd. Ileosa takes her seat in a high throne-like chair at one end of the public courtyard, while the headman's block stands ominously at the other. The executioner is a towering, muscular man wearing an executioner's helm and idly holding an immense axe — he remains motionless until his services are called upon.

As sunset draws near, the expectant excitement in the crowd builds. When the ominous beating of a single large drum begins, the assembled gawkers fall silent. The drum sets the pace for the prisoner's procession to the headsman's block. As they reach the headsman's block, one of the guards removes the shackles and the hood, revealing a very frightened woman who nonetheless bravely holds back her tears, if only barely. She is led up onto the platform, her arms bound behind her back by a leather cord, and she is forced to kneel over the wooden block before the headsman as Queen Ileosa stands and addresses the crowd.

"Fellow Korvosans! You have suffered greatly these past few weeks. Homes have burned, family members have died, fortunes have been lost. I feel your suffering, for not only have I lost a beloved husband, but with each riot, each burning home, each act of anarchy, my heart bleeds a little more. This has been a trying time for us, yet the torment is at an end. Before you is the face of your anguish and pain. Do not be deceived by this murderer's timid nature — she is a black-hearted assassin, a seductress and sinner, a viper amidst us all. I offer you all her death as a salve against the hatred and hurt you have suffered. Her death will not rebuild Korvosa, nor will it bring back the king, yet tomorrow will be a new dawn — a dawn over a city ready to rise from the edge of anarchy to become stronger than ever before!

"And so, without further delay, let us usher in this new dawn with justice! OFF WITH HER HEAD!"

As the headsman hefts his axe, the already silent crowd freezes in anticipation. Yet just before he swings, the headsman gives a strange little grunt and staggers. His raised axe falters as he reaches with one hand to the small of his back and then brings it to his face, the fingers dripping with blood. An instant later, he cries out in pain and drops the axe as a dagger embeds itself in the back of his other hand. The axe sinks itself in the block inches from the prisoner's head, and the headsman doubles over in pain, revealing a second dagger that's already embedded in the small of his back. The prisoner rises to her knees, glancing up at the executioner in shock....


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Round 1?

Varrel is taken aback at the executioners sudden fall.
Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

With the crowd positively enthralled he struggles to get to cover Single or Double Move as needed to find cover, drawing his potion of Invisibility as part of the move And.drinkin it if he has a standard left

He looks around as he moves looking for an attacker, no doubt panicking crowd members would be fleeing from where the assassin drew steel and checking the response from the queen. He speaks to Chatterbeak in a seriers of pips and squeaks, a language only they share.
Chatter beak can you see the assassin

Varrel Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Chatterbeak perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Diggle taken aback by the development is stunned for a second at the executioner being stabbed himself and then quickly looks to the ground near him for tell tale foot pads of dust or splatter as an invisible person might make.

I am unsure at this time what vantage point I have but I am assuming I am somewhere as near to the executioner as possible whilst still using my Stealth. Megan, can you give me a range as I need that for spell selection.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe sees the prisoner brought in and makes his way to the front of the crowded lines nearest to the stag. His hood still in place he waits as she is brought to the stage in procession.

He utters a soft prayer as the procession advances on the stage with the executioner's block...

"Gods of War I call thee,
My sword is at my side.

I seek a life of Honor,
Free from all false pride.

I shall crack the whip,
with a bold mighty hail.

Cover me with death,
If I should ever fail.

Glory, Majesty, Unity.
hail, Hail... hail..."

When the woman is placed at the block Ashe waits for the Queen to speak.

When Queen Ileosa proclaims 'off with her head'... he is in motion silently a last appeal, {Goddess, guide me on the path of righteousness... I pray!}

Ashe charges the stage and is just about to command Majenko to tell Varrel to sleep hex the axeman... but is as surprised as everyone else when the executioner is felled by two daggers.

But he is already in motion and continues taking advantage of everyone's surprise leaping upon the stage hearing the assembled audience's voices raise from the shock and confusion.

[Move action - Get on stage and draw weapon as part of move action]

Ashe tears back his hood revealing his alabaster-white Andoran-stylized eagle masked visage his hair completely covered by a hooded cowl and yells, "HOLD Noble Subjects of KORVOSA!!! Strike not this Axeman down for whom no crime rests with - for he is only obediently obeying his sovereign!"

Ashe crouches and uses his 'Sacred Touch' upon the man - so he will not perish a silvery light briefly playing across his fingers.

[Standard Action - Use Sacred Touch 'Not Lay on hands']

"Fellow Citizens, call me GREYEAGLE... a simple Patriot of Grand KORVOSA! This is NOT JUSTICE! Trina Sabor is NOT guilty of any collusion or action against our slain monarch - King Eodred! Bishop Keppira d'Bear, HIGH-PRIESTESS of Pharasma, 'The lady of Graves' - has already PERSONALLY questioned Trina Sabor under divine miracle of the Goddess' wisdom and will CONFIRM and VERIFY that Trina has NO knowledge or guilt of ANY plot against our slain king!! This knowledge has already been made known to Queen Ileosa!!!"

"But what is worse... THIS woman is NOT Trina Sabor!"

Ashe draws 'Greyeagle', his Aldori Dueling Sword its distinctive eagle crested hilt and feather design flashing in the evening lights {a trophy acquired from one of his many Pathfinder Missions and stored among his possessions unseen by any... until now} and with a single swift stroke he cuts the woman's bonds, "THIS TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE ENDS NOW!"

Gesturing his blade accusingly in the direction of Queen Illeosa's stand, "With ALL due respect your highness... FOR SHAME!!! Such misdeeds are NOT worthy of the HONOR of the CRIMSON THRONE! Seek JUSTICE! Seek TRUTH!! Seek the REAL ASSASSIN of our king!!! Stop persecuting the innocent to sooth thy wounded pride!"

Taking the woman's hand he turns to the crowd again flourishing the blade in salute...

"LONG LIVE KORVOSA! LONG LIVE THE CRIMSON THRONE!"

Ashe looks for a path to flee with the woman standing before her to shield with his own body - ready to defend her any way he must to get her to safety...

2,651 to 2,700 of 6,056 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.