Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,551 to 2,600 of 6,045 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

Chatterbeak save vs stench1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Ooohh! Boss, let Chatterbeak hel.....huurrll

The bird decorates Varrel's chain a new color...


Fort Save vs DC 12 Stench 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

The fetid stink of the decomposition is intense enough to cling to skin and clothes. Yet Shakhan barely acknowledges the stench as it wafts out of the room. He swings his axe in a beautiful clear arc leaving a faint shine as an after image in the half light.

Attack 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 4 = 28 damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe moves around to the creature's rear as the golem charges out to provide a flank for Shakhan. The stench hitting him like a physical force...

Megan: This might provoke an Attack of Opportunity from the golem...

Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

But Ashe ignores it his time as a Pathfinder hardening him to the foulness of many horrors... some greater than even this monstrosity.

Ashe chuckles as the golem slips in Varrel's Grease spell to fall flat on its piecemeal ass...

Not willing to take a fight from Shakhan that he has been spoiling for... but knowing Shakhan would be even more upset if Ashe coddled him - by holding back... Ashe takes a normal swing with Dauntless Heart...

Attack w/Longsword: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 35 - flank + prone {Critical Threat!}
Damage w/Longsword: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Sigh! Critical Threat...really?

Attack w/Longsword - confirm Critical: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 22 - flank + prone {Confirmed - Critical Hit!}
Damage Critical hit w/Longsword: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Damage Total: 10 + 4 = 14


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una backs away (30 ft if there is room) from the carrion as she loads another crossbow bolt, and this time takes aim at the prone monstrosity a little better, trying not to hit those fighting it.

Attack
1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 = 12
2d8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 1 = 5

Fortitude Save
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Ummm, does this stench thing have a range? Maybe I'm far enough away. If not, I guess she spends the round nauseated instead.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

... that was the 'lurch' that moved it clear of Shakhan's initial swing, Varrel :)

And indeed it topples as its feet skid from under it, landing with a resounding thud! A few scraps of rotting flesh fall off, dislodged by the impact.

Una jinks around trying to get a good angle to shoot at the carrion golem, but the stink of the thing roils over her and she gulps hard, trying not to become reaquainted with her breakfast!

Varrel coughs at the stench, then gasps again as Chatterbeak spews over his shoulder. Vile bird!

Ashe steps forward raising Dauntless Heart and brings his treasured sword crashing down. Chunks fly as he removes an arm and half the shoulder from the thing.

Shakhan swings his axe in a mighty blow that would have set an entire arena cheering and chanting his name. He strikes true, removing its head - incongrously, that of a calf - from its shoulders.

The carrion golem slumps to the ground, unmoving!

Nice work, gang... you nailed it, with a mix of impressive teamwork and individual combat skill :)


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods across at the others, "Well done team. Staggeringly devastating shots Una! Nice work!"

Then Ashe crouches to examine the severed shoulder and arm for any Shoanti tattoos.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg pulls a perfumed kerchief from his pocket and applies it to his face, watching with disgust as the brave Paladin roots around in the corpse monstrosity.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

The thing destroyed, Varrel dismisses his grease looks past the thing to the room it was in. Giving it a quick scan.
Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

If you are done losing breakfast, make yourself useful and look.
Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Holding the back of her hand over her nose and mouth, still fearful that she might yet need another bath, Una carefully looks into the room behind the carrion's body.

"Err, um. Thanks."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Ashe, the carrion golem consists of animal parts only, you cannot find anything that looks either human or indeed humanoid. It does pong, though!

Varrel enters the store room where the thing had been imprisoned. This room, once a pantry, is in shambles. Broken crates and shelves lie strewn about the place, with the foodstuffs, firewood, and other supplies they once contained scattered across the floor. You also find a severed arm that it appears the carrion golem snatched when it first went berserk, and cast aside as it came out to attack the party. This arm is marked with Shoanti tattoos, and looks as if it had been gnawed upon by the golem.

Chatterbeak squawks angrily and refuses to come anywhere near...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Well, here's an arm Ashe. With the carrion golem destroyed we should grab those people and your Derro and be off. We have to pass on to the clerics about that trap and the Otyugh. Without the constant bodies it will get hungry and become dangerous. Any objections to leaving?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe steps away from the corpse of the golem... inwardly disgusted.

At Varrel's words he steps into the adjoining room, "Ah! Good! Yes, we can leave this wretched place now. I'll request the priests of 'The Lady' send acolytes to clear away everything here and leave nothing for Ryloth. I'll have a house servant arrange for the liquidation of the mundane loot from here once it has all been removed... of course you all will have choice of whatever catches your eye and I'll see you get your share of the value of whatever is sold. I myself would like to put this alchemist lab so some good use and peruse those books on disease for anything useful. I'm sure Master Hytogg will be interested in any arcane lore in the library as well."

"But indeed we are done here let us quit this place escort our rescued prisoners and our captive from here. Let us hurry... I want to get crews in here as fast as possible to clear it of any and Everything useful to Ryloth."

Majenko flutters down from the above shadows to perch upon Ashe's armored shoulder.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Are you gonna do your gear list, Ashe.
Megs, do you want us to RP getting out etc? Or shall we level ooc.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Look at my character... at the bottom below gear... "LOOT".

That includes all the treasure we have found in the Adventure Path thus far. Minus the treasure we have already split or cash we have split.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"I hope they can keep the nice Otyugh alive. It really was not at all harmful, a very quiet soul."

Una is grateful to be out of the reeking nightmare.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Ashe, show me everything we have found once we get out of here and I'll xheck it for magic

Detects Magic later


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

"Worry not Miss Therlmagne... I'll make sure no harm comes to the kind and helpful creature."

Turning to Varrel, "Aye... I'll see to it both you and Master Hytogg get a good look at everything we remove."

Unhooking Nexus' manacle from the ground he smiles at him taking the other end in hand, "Come, Nexus... a brighter new life with different challenges awaits you."

Ashe leads the way out of the Dead Warrens heading to where the released prisoners are hiding he enters the secret door avoiding the acid sprayer trap room.

Addressing the rescued prisoners, "Greetings. You may relax all threats in this place have been dealt with and we are now leaving. Come with us and we'll escort you safely from the Dead Warrens. We are going to the Cathedral of PHARASMA, if any of you need healing I'll see to it. I'll also arrange for all to get a good meal - to see you on your way if you so wish."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel remains quiet but jumps to the front to lead the group out.
Scimitar drawn again, he remains in the point position in case they missed anything.
These people, they have suffered for the cruel sport of another who simply craves power.
Ragathiel, I swear to thee, the Necromancer will die.


Satisfied, Shakhan grunts, "Psh. Good." Then adds after Ashe's speech. "All threats we are aware of. A master necromancer may return at any moment furious that his nest has been destroyed."

Shakhan has no interest in any of the loot.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Don't be too hasty there Shakhan we don't know what everything does... there may be something useful to Shakhan...

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

You reach the surface - fresh air at last! - without further incident.

How do you wish to proceed? Are you going to the Cathedral first? And what do you want to do with that collection of body parts?

Ashe's tame derro pads along quietly. He doesn't like the bright light above ground very much, and tries to shield his eyes.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Let us head to the cathedral and inform them of the situation. We should head to the Marshall from there to deliver the remains, before this 'scenario' escalates.

Varrel is clearly happy to be topside again. Chatterbeak shakes.off the stink and flies about.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe pauses briefly to pull out some of the simple cloth he uses to bind wounds. Bringing the cloth to his eyes he samples it for proper thickness... one that can be seen through dimly.

Crouching next to Nexus, "Forgive my lapse of memory - you said the surface lights are uncomfortable to your eyes. Here Nexus.. let me wrap this light cloth about your eyes... you will be able to see - if a bit dimly. I'll get you some snow-goggles or stained glass spectacles for a more permanent convenience. The cathedral has subdued lighting so it will be fine inside."

Majenko settles upon his perch at Ashe's shoulder wrapping his tail to secure himself and... seems to go to sleep.

On leaving the Dead Warrens Ashe leads the way to the Cathedral first to speak with the clergy and request his reformation of Nexus first... it would not do well to walk the streets with a Derro in tow {he'd also like to see Trina's lovely smile again...}

As for the body parts Ashe is currently carrying them in a sack. At the Cathedral he will ask for a proper burial shroud for the body to be carried in.


Drinking time with Shaktan!!


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Let the refugees be on their way, get the other things taken care of, and get back home. Bath first, then a gallon of wine..."

"That chatterbox has obviously had enough already. It's Shakhan, silly bird."


That is what Chatterbeak said, Roof runner. SHAK..TAN. Now lets go see shiny lady so Master gets paid and me and SHAKTAN go drinking an whorin. Drinkin an whorin.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Nexus is grateful for the makeshift eye-shield, and is much happier out of the glare.

When you arrive at the Cathedral, the place seems to be on the nearest to 'High Alert' that a religious establishment can manage.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una grabs a passing servant, already irritated by a new development in the chaotic city.

"You there! What's going on?"

Intimidate (if necessary) (10)
10 + 10 = 20


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

What's happening? Are there riots again?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe smiles at Nexus.

As the party approaches the Cathedral ad the apparent high alert status Ase remains calm looking at what is going on... are there injured, signs of battle, have the Cathedral's defensive walls been breached are their any signs of destroyed undead corpses. Perhaps the Cathedral has repelled one of the many undead sieges it regularly endures.

Ashe lets the others ask questions keeping a cool composure as he leads the way toward Bishop d'Bear's office...

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"T...the Queen has issued an edict that... the girl Trinia Sabor has been declared guilty of murder, and Queen Ileosa has announced that
the assassin is to be executed at sunset... in complete disregard of the Bishop's evidence, if there even was a trial she was not called to give it!"
stammers the luckless acolyte that Una grabbed.

"The Bishop is standing firm by her decision, and hasn't revealed where Trinia is... the odd thing is, the Queen hasn't asked. Just announced that the execution will take place this evening."

"Oh. And there is a messenger waiting for you, from Field Marshal Kroft."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe's visage turns cold... and with something else... a burning FURY that none have seen thus far on hearing the Acolyte's report.

He says nothing but his expression speaks volumes...

He mutters, "...how ignoble! This is now not even about petty jealous spite anymore... its about saving face... at the cost of an innocent life. Does she not even CARE the assassin is STILL out there?"

Ashe nods accepting Acolyte's information and makes his way determined to speak with the Bishop immediately making his way for her office.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel asks as they walk to the bishops office, Is Trinia still here then? That could mean the queen is going to execute a stand in. We have to stop this.
His stride matches the paladins.
Ashe, I cannot allow that to happen. If you are with us on this you would be committing treason. Are you prepared for that? If you are, you should have your family leave the city. This 'queen' has all the wrath of a Chelish noble. They will not be safe here.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe places a hand upon Varrel's shoulder in warm gratitude, "Then we are of the same mind friend Varrel... I Will NOT allow a innocent to be murdered to ease the pride of a spiteful monarch!"

"But there are... options... we need not reveal who we are to oppose such injustice and stop the murder of the innocent. If your heart is bold enough to stand with me my friend, we will not fail! I Promise you that!!"

"I would seek the bishop to learn the full extent of what has transpired in our absence... and make sure dear Trina is safe ere we commit to anything. Rest assured I will take DIRECT action... right after I know all the Bishop knows on the matter!


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

A small figure atop the terrace of the cathedral, watches the entry way and the stair whilst also being mindful of the commotion going on below. A few guard are nearby and were happy to let him await the troubleshooters that Kroft had retained. This was but another task for the Field Marshal and he did not mind in the least as it allowed him, on most occasions, to put bring to bare the spells he had pain painstakingly earned. Of course, he only called on me for jobs that were somewhat to my taste and skills anyway. I guess it was his way of letting me know, he knew I wasn't guilty back then. It was a relief to have someone of import believe in your innocence.

He scanned for Asherick Whiteplume. He had seen the paladin and new of some of his deeds in service to Iomadae. Also, Asherick was a distinctive figure and no-one could mistaken him for any other when he wore his distinct ornate helm and his amethyst pseudodragon accompanied him. He had scanned and waited quite some time before finally seeing the party approach. Diggle's interest was immediately heightened. Ashe, among his companions, also had some unusual blindfolded humanoid in tow as well as a group of what one could only assume to be street urchins. They paused briefly to speak with a temple acolyte sent on an errand and made ready to make introduction as they made the stair to the cathedral.

Diggle makes himself look as presentable as possible hoping to make a marked first impression. He fans his purple cape and stands 'tall' and straight and begins speaking as the party reaches the bottom stair. "Hail Asherick Whiteplume and companions. Field Marshal Kroft has bid me find you and pass word of his instruction for you. I see you are already upon a task but wish you hear my words."

Diplomacy:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

At 3ft 2in and weighing in at only 37lb, this little character is the life of the party. He has sky blue hair, ocean green irises set in rather large eyes, a proportioned buttoned nose and mouth that forms into a grin which almost reaches ear to ear. His ears are mostly hidden by his unruly hair style but large soft lobes are visible. His slight frame masks the dextrous physique and stout hardiness maintained by his daily routine of aerobic exercise.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel takes a backstep at the Gnome's arrival. Having been on edge for so long it was unusual to see someone smile simply for the sake of it. Even beutiful Una, rarely troubled her lips withthe effort.
Given the tension of the situation it was all the magus could do not to grab the gnome and.press him.for information then and there. The gnome had addressed Ashe though and the elf would wait for his friends response first.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe is surprised at the childlike voice that calls out to him, and it takes him a few moments to realize its source.

He stops, gazing down at the brightly clad gnome before them on the steps into the Cathedral. Ashe can not hold his smile in... gnomes always had that effect upon him... so playful and full of wonder!

Other Pathfinders always seemed to take offense at the pranks and playful curiosity all gnomes seemed to be cursed with. Ashe always saw them a poignant reminder to never let the troubles of life and its difficulties grind one down to a point that smiling and honest laughter were foreign. He knew several paladins that had become so cold and mirthless all they did was slay and spout merciless dogma about law and legality... Ashe certainly never wanted to be of that ilk.

Ashe stepped forward and crouched to meet the Gnomes gaze as levelly as possible, "Greetings to you as well, Sir. 'May the wonders of life never elude you!' You have word for me.. or us from Field Marshal Cressida Kroft? We are not in such a hurry as to not have time for the Marshal's missives, speak please."

Asherick Whiteplume is clad all in varying shades of grey over a ornate suit of full plate his helm off at present cradled under his left arm - for a gnome it is... somewhat disturbing - all that gray, his plume in his helm is pure white as well as his hair {even though humans are not subject to the bleaching... its odd}, but in contrast his smile is full and genuine touching his frosty blue eyes. His greeting indicated he indeed knows something of the 'bleaching' for it is was a traditional very formal {as much as formal gets with Gnomes} polite Gnomish greeting.

Majenko at Ashe's shoulder peeks open single amber eye and flutters a amethyst leathery wing as he peers at the gnome with some curiosity.

[OOC: By the way Diggle... Field Marshal Cressida Kroft is a woman! :)]


Male Human DM/32

Lol, yeah. I read through and learned that but my edit opportunity was lost.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle breaks into a grand smile at the Paladins appropriately phrased greeting. He was immediately won over by the man's charisma and appropriate greeting.

"And by the grace and glory of wonders do we stave off the white days. Well, at least we gnomes do."

He chuckles at his up close observations.

"Looks like you could use a bit more wonderment grand paladin. Ah, sorry, I tarry amid pressing business."

He stiffens slightly and regains his composure befitting serious business.

"Word from the Marshal is, you need attend the execution. Trinia Sabor is not in the Queen's custody yet no attempts have been made to find out where she is. It is believed that the Bishop knows where Sabor may be."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods his smile fading to earnest serious intent, "Oh rest assured we will be attending. We know where Trina is... and the woman... whoever she is, that the Queen has apprehended and plans to execute is even more innocent of the King's Murder than even Miss Sabor. This is a 'Execution' to save face..."

Ashe looks about at the deploying Acolytes, "The steps of the Cathedral is not the place to discuss these matters... come with us we seek the Bishop's counsel now."

Ashe gestures and leads the way into the Cathedral his pace slowed so as not to leave Diggle behind, but he continues the conversation on another subject, "Is there no word from the Marshal from 'Thousand-Bones'... concerning the Shoanti Warrior Gaekhen's body?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"That being the case then this is certainly no place to speak on these matters. Lead on, let me not slow your progress. I tell you, I don't wish to miss this 'execution'. I think I might ready a wand or two just in case."

He thinks upon Asherick's question and replies, "No word specifically given to me but I know that Elkaris is sweating heavily that it be found lest he pay an even greater price than is currently scheduled for him."

Diggle retrieves one of his wand's and casts upon himself as they make their way to see the Bishop.

Shield Spell cast


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel takes note of the wand. Always keen to meet a fellow mage (and maybe find someone to compare notes with) he addresses the gnome while walking.
You are a magic user of some sort? Hytogg and I practice the art, though I cannot call myself Wizard. More a student of spell and swordplay. Where did you study?


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"I was born into the magical arts more or less. Gnomes as you may know, are innately magic bound beings. Magic simply spoke to me and I learned to listen. I did try formal study but the linear methods of study didn't really work out for me. So I have evolved my learning with a personal tenacity. It really is a chase I heartily enjoy. Your magical arts sounds intriguing. We must speak on this further."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una regards the gnome with about the same affection she usually shows Ashe.

"I see." She says in a droll voice, almost bored. She looks over to Shakhan and Hytogg, interesting to see what they think of the situation as they three were the ones who had been involved in this "quest" since the beginning.

"Well, there's not much helping the situation here. The cathedral can hide its own, I'm sure. And nobles will do as nobles do. That's how it's always been, you know. We've been called to the execution, at sundown, so it shall be interesting to see how this goes down, if it goes down at all, which I doubt it will without the girl in custody."

She looks down at her leather armor.

"I suppose it is fitting to arrive at an execution already smelling of offal and death."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg brings his nose out of his spellbook long enough to cast a glance at the new arrival. Great, a silly bird, a ridiculous pseudo-dragon, and now a gnome. Soon we can start a circus..

Hytogg then follows the others to the door, putting away his book, and listening to the conversation. And a crazed, uncontrolled spellcaster as well. This can't turn out good.

Hytogg catches Una's glance, and rolls his eyes and shrugs, before drawing closer to her. Whispering: "Look at the bright side of it, at least he didn't bring the golem along as his shield bearer". Hytogg whispers nodding his head at the paladin.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una smirks a little at Hyogg's suggestion, lowering her head so that the rest of the party can't see it break into a smile.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

This is going to be a big problem. Sundown is mere hours away and with no time to rest I cannot renew all the spells I cast in the burrow or prepare ones that would be useful in sucha task.

Varrel would not speak of it yet but he did feel..something. Lighter, somehow. He felt closer to Ragathiel for his Handling of the jailer, despite Ashe's views and apparently his patron agreed. He'd been given a new boon.
Although I may have something that will help...


"tshh - blasted city doesn't know when to give it a rest," Shakhan grumbles, "no drinking." With a wolf-like grin he adds, "No drinking... yet..."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Replying to Varrel, "As long as you can still Slumber Hex targeted foes.. that should be more than enough, Varrel. I intend to stop this execution... but not shed any blood doing so if at all possible. The Queen's servants do only as their monarch commands - THEY are not responsible for following what must seem a reasonable and just command."

Ashe continues on to the bishop's office...


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

"Okay, don't hurt anyone. I can work with that I think. Although most of my spells are suited to harm or destroy everything. What can I say, I love the drama caused by those sort of spells."

2,551 to 2,600 of 6,045 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.