Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


201 to 250 of 5,570 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

uhm....OOPS! I copied it straight from the character generator, but forgot about the added ACP. My bad!


Shakhan looks at the musty cabin, cobwebs and all. He spits angrily. "That walking corpse isn't in there. This place hasn't had a human in it for years!"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 1

Leaning over the hold, Una tries to peer into the darkness below them.

"What about in there?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Risdin flaps around but fails to connect with anything. It seems to be a small nip, it hurt like the blazes you haven't actually taken damage.

Pierre follows in to see what the racket is...
As he's babysitting, perception check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 but he cannot see what attacked you

Una: Perception check, please.


Do I know what the creature is? Can I see it and attack it or am I swinging at the darkness?

Risdin swings again, hoping to hit the pest this time:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Risdin flails some more and manages to dislodge a small spider from his shoulder and splatter it.


Risdin stomps the spider firmly into the ground, making sure all of its internals are now externals. He points towards the stairs and says,"Let's see what's down there", before descending he waits for the others to rejoin him.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 1

Sorry. I meant to put one earlier. Perception

1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Human Rogue (1)

Vic will follow behind the others, sticking near Pierre and letting the warrior types take the lead. He pauses briefly to examine the spider Risdin dislodged while tucking his picks back in their pouch then draws his short sword, just in case their luck soon changes.

Vic will remain to the rear of the group and be one of the last down the stairs. He’ll keep an eye open for traps, assuming there’s any light to see by 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Anyone with Knowledge (Nature) may make a check

Una: The gnome is still watching intently, and is now talking to a taller figure which is hidden in the shadows, you cannot make out any more than he is there...

Hytogg can also see them once it's pointed out to him.


After ensuring that the spider is dead by means of coup-de-gras Pierre then touches the symbol of Calistra around his neck and lets out a burst of healing energy.

1d6 ⇒ 3 points of healing for all creatures within 30'.


Risdin nods at the healer in appreciation and moves down the stairs. He readies his weapon for any creature that dares to oppose him.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Perception (1d20+5=20)

Hytogg gazes at the individuals, and take cover placing a dock post between himself and those guys.

"Hey guys"! "Before you get too involved, there are a couple of guys staring at us from the boathouse".
"Ones a little guy, and the others taller". "It could be Lamm".


To get to the gnome and individual we just backtrack? Is that right?

"Come, let's have a look at them. Either its Lamm, or people that know more about him." Shakhan makes his way to where the two figures stand near the boathouse, walking cautiously as before.


Changed my character's portrait cos I realized how well the previous one fits with my desert ranger. Risdin's going to continue down into the ship.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Hytogg & others still on deck: The bigger fellow is a half-orc. He and his shorter companion are standing just off-map, beyond the bit that says 'Abandoned Warehouse' in the shadows of the decaying structure. So if you want to go to them, it would be back along the boardwalk to shore and along to there... or swim across, of course :)

Who is going to visit with the two figures, what route are you taking and how are you behaving?

Risdin: Dark and dank, the ship’s hold smells of mildew. Several barrels, crates, and other containers lie stacked here and there, and a shallow layer of river water has collected in puddles. A soft scratching sound comes from behind a few of the crates.


Shakhan is making his way to the shore along the boardwalk. Cautiously, but stern.


Male Human Rogue (1)

Vic joins Hytogg and Una back outside long enough for them to point out their observers. “Yeah, they’re watching us alright. Of course we haven’t exactly been quiet. They could just be curious…or they could be friends of Lamm. Either way, I'm starting to agree with Shakhan...this place looks abandoned. I can't see the old man camping out here..."

Suspicious of a setup from the start, Vic reflects that they did find the kids here though. So Lamm must be somewhere nearby. "Some of us better go with him."

Vic will sheath his sword and join Shakhan, trying to look as non- threatening as anyone sharing company with a huge axe wielding barbarian can.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg also follows the big angry man up towards the two suspicious characters.


Risdin takes out and lights a torch. He tries to find a crack to squeeze it into upright, or a non-flammable surface to rest it on. He then moves on towards the back of the boat, to find the source of the scratching noise.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 1

Una follows Risdin, her crossbow held at the ready.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Risdin and Una: Here is your revised map. Please both roll initiative.

Vic, Shakhan and Hytogg: Are you all taking 10 or are you hurrying along the boardwalk? The two figures are still watching you but haven't moved.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 1

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Cautiously, thus taking 10 - should Shakhan notice that the two strangers attempt to jeopardize the boardwalk, he might change his tactics.


Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

What Shakhan said


Pierre will accompany those heading back up the gangway, cautiously. He will stand ready to cast Bless should combat initiate.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Una and Risdin: As you both are being cautious and the board die roller seems to like you, you are not surprised by four large spiders, each about the size of a house cat, which come out from behind some boxes hissing and generally giving the impression that they do not like being disturbed.

Their initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

After you....

The Shore Party: You manage to make your way along the boardwalk with no more than the odd slither, but just as you reach the shore the two figures you were watching withdraw into the shadows, walking briskly away southwards.

What do you want to do now?


Risdin moves forward and hacks at the closest spider with his greataxe.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Extra damage with critical: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The dice gods are with me today


"Sod these damned cowards." Shakhan makes his way back to the ship. Cautiously, again :)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Splat one spider - nice work, Risdin :)


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 1

Una releases a crossbow bolt toward another spider.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 1

Seeing the bolt deal little damage, she leans back on the heels of her feet to load and ready another bolt.


Ooo! What bad luck on the damage


Point Blank Shot maybe?


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2
Shakhan wrote:
"Sod these damned cowards." Shakhan makes his way back to the ship. Cautiously, again :)

"Where are you going". "There are some guys right there that might know something about Lamm". "Are we just going to let them go"? "They might be on the way to warn him right now".

"Look let me do the thinking here, and you do the mashing". "Let's go see what those two guys are all about". With an exaggerated shrug, Hytogg heads towards where the two beings disappeared.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 1

Of course, its the main feat required for most archery feats. First one I picked up on.

Forgot the +1 to hit and damage. LOL.


Shakhan gives Hytogg a long look (2 seconds at least), but decides to follow the cowards regardless. He speeds up, using his superior speed to try and catchup. He readies both shield and axe, just in case.


Male Human Rogue (1)

Since the two men already know they’ve come to speak with them -- how could they not, they watched them the whole way -- Vic throws caution to the wind and cups his hands to his mouth to shout. “Hey! Hold up! We just want to talk to you!”

Assuming they don’t stop, he follows along with Shakhan and Hytogg. “Just be careful where they lead us. There are plenty of cutpurses around here who make a living leading fools into ambushes.” As Vic well knows from his own career. “And lets keep the threats to a minimum. They may be completely uninvolved with Lamm.”

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Una + Risdin: Una's bolt removes a leg from her target spider, which lurches, seems to recover, then keels over dead. Do keep track of your bonuses, I'm not going to check everything even when I am awake! :)

The two surviving spiders advance and attempt to bite...

#1 on Una: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 - just missed, drat!

#2 on Risdin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 - wildly off.

Your go...

Shore Party: The gnome turns and says something. It doesn't sound very polite. His taller companion grabs him by the arm, says something sharply, and the two head off west...

Does anyone want to follow? If so, who, and what are the rest doing?


Risdin tries to slice open another one of the arachnids,

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

and says,"Last one is yours" while pointing at the remaining spider.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Risdin Arramack, Spider-Slayer!!!! :)


Just imagine what Risdin could do with Cleave! ;D

Shakhan glares at Hytogg. A gruff "Happy now?" escapes his lips.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2
Shakhan wrote:

Just imagine what Risdin could do with Cleave! ;D

Shakhan glares at Hytogg. A gruff "Happy now?" escapes his lips.

"Happy about what"? "After them".


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 1

Una takes a 5-foot step away from the last spider, turns and fires.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Una Therlmagne - Spider-Slayer!!! :)

OK, Una and Risdin, what next?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 1

We're going to Disneyland!

I want to look around in the crates and boxes. And maybe see if theres a panel or something on the side where the crates were loaded through.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 17
Perception 1d20 ⇒ 14


"Get this over with then." Shakhan (being faster than the average human and much faster than the average gnome) rushes after the retreating figures at top speed.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

In the hold: Una searches the crates to no avail, just debris left by the spiders. Where do you want to look for any hidden panels?

Shore Party: Shakhan puts on a burst of speed and manages to catch up with the gnome and the half-ork in an alley. They hear you coming, and turn...

Gnome initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 He's pulling out a large curved blade.

Half-ork initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 He begins to giggle and snicker as he pulls a flail from his belt.

Shakhan, you'll have at least one round of melee with them on your own, even if Hytogg and Vic run to join you.


Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Shakhan catches up with the two and wastes no time - acting before they can fully raise their defenses they might be flat-footed Shakhan rages and attacks the gnome with a vicious swipe of his axe

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

which horribly misses the target.

Rage rounds used: 3/8

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Shakhan:

The gnome stabs at you with his blade 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 but misses.

The half-ork giggles horribly and lashes at you with his flail 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 which misses but only seems to amuse him the more.

Your go...

201 to 250 of 5,570 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.