Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,401 to 2,450 of 6,045 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Seeing the great hulking brute, Varrel has to hold back on his hex. While he was certain this brute.would not resist it he deserved a...less kind form of justice.

Shaktan, I believe I have found you a playmate. Do introduce your self.

Initiative- Varrel will delay until after Shaktan's charge1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

As Una takes a 5 foot step to get out of the melee fighter's path, she targets the ogrekin with two crossbow bolts.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage 1: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage 2: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Attack 1 is a potential crit.

Attack 1 Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Attack 1 Crit Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe moves forward heading left of Shakhan who is right handed advancing on 'Cabbagehead'.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Give up 'Cabbagehead' your outnumbered and out matched! The only thing going into a pit... is YOUR HEAD if you fight us!!"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

If the ogrekin is flatfooted and within 30 feet, sneak attack also applies. 1d6 ⇒ 4 and 1d6 ⇒ 3 additional damage.


AC 22; HP 49/49
Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Shakhan wades into the battle, shield up first - then brings sideways his axe in a deadly arc designed to gore the ogrekin's throat.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel looks at the situation and ponders. Between Una's deadly bolts, Shaktans axe and the angry paladin the ogrekin likely had his hands full and Hytogg and Varrel needed to conserve their magical energies for the fight with the Golem and eventually the Necromancer.
He maintains a ready action to slumber the ogrekin should any of his allies get hurt.

Show him how a REAL warrior fights, Shaktan


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Hytogg noticing that the group was actually slinging blades instead of blessings quickly pulls his holy symbol of Nethys, and asks for a blessing for the upcoming battle.

Casts Bless

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Phew, a veritable whirlwind of an attack...

Cabbagehead's intitiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Round #1

Varrel watches, Chatterbeak on his shoulder, as the brawl unfolds before him, content to see Shakhan in his element.

Una steps forwards raising her crossbow and loosing a couple of bolts which thud into Cabbagehead's body. He judders, and blood flows down him, he glances down almost in surprise.

Hytogg pulls out his holy symbol and chants a prayer as he casts bless on the party.

Cabbagehead, recovering from Una's bolts with a shake of that misshapen head, steps forwards to meet Shakhan's onslaught. His massive fists flash forward.

Cabbagehead fist attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21, dmg 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Undeterred, Shakhan steps up, a familiar sight to those who frequented the arena scene a couple of years back, shield high and axe scything round unerringly into Cabbagehead's throat...

Ashe calls upon Cabbagehead to surrender from his vantage to Shakhan's left...

... but Cabbagehead, blood gushing from his throat, falls forward heavily to the ground, unmoving, with a crash that surely shakes the very floor!


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe moves forward toward the felled ogre-kin he almost walk past his body... but pauses his steely vizor regarding the fallen giant expression unreadable.

Lifting his visor Ashe knells and touches the downed giant. Giving him his Sacred Touch to stabilize him - a silvery glow suffusing his armored hand.

Not standing he turns to the party, "This will not heal him only keep him from dying. I am only saving him to answer questions as to the location and deeds of his master Ryloth if he knows anything. But only after we are done clearing this lair IF 'Cabbagehead' still lives at that point. We can always kill him later... if need be. Plus, I'd rather not leave a fresh Ogre corpse for the apprentice necromancer to Animate Dead upon."

Ashe regards the body with a deep frown... obviously h would rather just end the brutal wretch now... but principles are principles...

"Cabbagehead is no threat anymore. Good work Una, Shakhan! Of course you are ALL free to kill 'Cabbagehead' now if you wish - if that is your desire... I'll not stop you. But he may know information that will help us find the architect of this foul place and the deeds-crimes done here."

Ashe stands and detects evil upon the body of Cabbagehead just to know for sure.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una breathes a sigh of relief. "Thank the Gods! I thought you were going to try to convert him.... I think we should let the prisoners decide his fate. Seems only fitting."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe grimaces, but makes no comment.

"We have prisoners that need rescuing... lets see to them."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel glances into the pits, Is more than one holding prisoners
then looks at Shaktan, Well done my friend. You are bleeding a bit though. Ashe, might you lay hands on our Barbarian's wounds?


Varrel wrote:

Varrel glances into the pits, Is more than one holding prisoners

then looks at Shaktan, Well done my friend. You are bleeding a bit though. Ashe, might you lay hands on our Barbarian's wounds?

Not necessary - Shakhan wasn't hit :)

Shakhan turns to Varrel with surprise on his face, then looks down on his torso - noting the thick ogrekin blood on it. "Ah-hrmph. Don't worry, this isn't mine." He wipes at it, but only really manages to smudge more of himself.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Cabbagehead is on 0 hp...

OK. There are 3 pits (the dark areas in D9). Each pit currently contains
two frightened, malnourished, and sickly humans, victims who have been imprisoned here for weeks. One is female.

They look up as Varrel and Majenko (flapping above) glance into the pits.

"Have you come to rescue us?" asks the woman.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Honestly, we didn't know you were here. I'll not leave you though, no goodly soul deserves this fate. Ashe, forgive me for being pessimistic, but look into their natures please, while I find a ladder.

Varrel starts looking around for something to let them up.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe gets a perplexed look upon his face gazing at 'Cabbagehead's' prone form.

Looking up at Varrel he comes out of his curious stupor, "Yes, of course... and by the way...'Cabbagehead' is not evil."

Ashe walks over to the pits and gazes down at the various prisoners Detecting for Evil, "Worry not citizens, we're going to get you out of there momentarily... your safe now. I am Sir Whiteplume."

Ashe makes sure they can all see his honorary Korvosan Guard Tabard clearly displayed over his plate armor.

Majenko flutters down to perch again upon his armored shoulder also gazing curiously down into the pit.

Ashe thinks at Majenko, {My friend, there is a Necromancer Apprentice somewhere in this lair... I do not know how powerful he is in skill. From now on stay hidden near the cave walls at least 25'ft feet from me at all times. I do not want you slain or harmed by a fireball or lighting bolt spell targeted at me. Keep your keen senses trained to find anything invisible in our area and telepathically warn us all ok?}

Majenko regards Ashe... in silence for a few moments wondering at his foresight, {Ok. I'll hide and keep watch... }

Then the small dragon takes flight and flies upon in to the shadowy recesses of the caves above.

Majenko Stealth: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
Majenko Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel, not wanting to get into a big thing but unfortunately cannot resist, If he's not evil Ashe then why do you not offer him succor at your home, just like the derro. Forgive me, but I have a very hard time understanding how you judge who is and who isn't worthy of a second chance. Why the derro? His races reputation is just as bad as an ogrekin's. By existing down herehe has been party to the suffering of people just like these in the pits and no less deserving of retribution than cabbagehead. You said you had no issue with us killing him. I give you clear example,

Varrel pauses in his search for a ladder, People, was this jailer, who kept you here against your will, of good or black heart. Merely allowing your capture to continue was enough for me, but if he took pleasure in your suffering, inflicted harm or allowed you to come to harm though inaction, tell me now and I will end his existence and in doing so, grant you some pittence for his crimes and save any he could harm in the future.

Varrel draws his Masterwork Mace and awaits an answer. If the prisoners indicate Cabbagehead was in any way cruel, tortureous or lazy enough to allow them to starve, he will coupe de grace the ogrekin. If not he'll put the weapon away. Either way Varrel says:
Is it truly worth letting a killer like the.Spiderking or Cabbagehead or the Derro live because they might repent? What of those who suffered. And what of those who will suffer if you are wrong?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Thats why I say, let the prisoners decide what to do with him. We don't know how he treated them. They do."

Una remarks again, but signs of irritation are beginning to show.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe replies and perhaps a little sharply, "Varrel, I had no idea he was not evil until he was subdued! The fight was very fast I did not even get a chance to attack him myself! OF COURSE - I would offer him mercy if he would be agreeable to it and willing to change his odious habits and stop serving evil masters! It takes a level of concentration and time to read a creature's nature - time I do not always have in combat. Forgive me if I happen to not have been spot on for once!"

His ire raised he retorts to Una, "Yes of course let's go kill all the cruel, selfish and un-nice people in the world! There are all kinds of people in the world some cruel, some selfish and some nice... but cruelty and selfishness are not a death offense! Were it so there would be executions every minute of every day! We are ALL guilty of cruelty or selfishness at some point to varying degrees - where does it end? And for the record, mob rule is not usually justice - look at poor Trina!"

Ashe waves his hand dismissively angry at himself for getting angry...

"Enough of this, lets help these people!"

Walking over to the pits Ashe calls down as he unlimbers his pack to pull his rope and grapple hook, "Are any of you injured? I'm going to lower down a rope and hook. Wrap the robe about you under your arms and hook the hook to the rope..I'll pull you up one at a time. Send the injured up first."

His demeanor shows he has no intention of debating the issue further.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

With her ropes and grappling hooks, Una sets up climbing ropes at the other pits.

"Send the strongest up first. The more help we have to get you out of there, the better off we'll be, and the quicker we'll be out of there."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The woman says, "Cabbagehead seemed to delight in our discomfort, and would torment us with insults and threats, and by withholding food and water... but he did not actually harm us."

It appears that whilst malnourished and filthy, the captives have not come to physical harm. They are weak, but manage with your help to scramble up.

The detect evil reveals the sort of readings you'd expect from typical low-life street scum. Nothing major but probably dishonest, what you might see from pick-pockets and opportunist thieves.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel coupe de grace's the ogrekin.
Where does it end, my friend? It ends in the blood of the innocent. Not being evil does not excuse the orgekin from allowing these people to remain down here to starve, to taunt them as they slowly rot in their own excrement, to eventually be carted off to an evil wizard for torture, experimentation and death. I like your heart my friend, but try living under someone's bootheel for a century then tell me about forgiveness. I will not die regretting the death of ANOTHER innocent because I didn't have the heart to stop a rabid dog. This ogrekin was a thinking, reasoning being who CHOSE to let this continue. I was like you, once and had to learn the hard way.

Varrel, remembering where they were, quietens. One day, someone you care about will pay for your foregiveness, Ashe. It.. rips your heart out and makes you...want so badly to undo your mistake. But you can't and so you will live with the responsibility for that error. You'll carry it with you until you forget what you stood for. Until retribution for the victims is all you have left.

Varrel goes quiet and moves to help Una. He does not meet anyone's gaze.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe only shakes his head... in pity.

"Friend Varrel, I only hope YOU are never judged by YOUR standards of justice or mercy."

His tone is soft, un-accusative, but disappointed... as if he had made some personal failing.

Ashe will bind the wounds, treat injuries on any of the prisoners needing so offering them each some water and the pieces of tough jerky he keeps from Majenko and himself.

Ashe seems somber, but gives what aid he can to comfort the prisoners getting them ready to travel.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel does not respond to Ashe's comment.
He does not understand.
Despite how he's feeling inside, Varrel meets the eyes of those prisoners with kindness.
He aids where he can and has Chatterbeak keep watch on the hall, with instructions to raise the alarm should anyone enter.
When those who can be helped are ready to depart he asks, These people need to be escourted out. Let's not dally, for while we are here for the young mans remains, I would catch the cause of this and his apprentice before they can flee. They may even know we are here if they have wandered into any of the rooms we've cleared
I will take point as usual, Ashe if you'd follow under my light spell with the prisoners in the middle between Una and Hytogg and Shaktan at the rear, we can move off fairly quickly. Anyone have anything else to offer?

If no one objects to the Marching Order, Varrel will move ahead as far as he can in the low light, taking the most direct route through the cleared rooms (Avoiding the magically trapped rooms). Taking them through the library he stops briefly to ask the prisoners had seen this chained derro commit any atrocities. He does nothing about it, the question is for Ashe to hear, if they say he did cause harm it's something for the paladin to think about.

Varrel Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


"When you two ladies are quite done with your gossip," Shakhan manages with grinding teeth, "there's hopefully still a necromancer on the loose in here."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Outstanding role-play here, folks! Thank you, it's a priviledge to be your DM.

Where now, folks? The library via the secret passage, or one of the passages leading northish from the 'prison pit' cave (D9)?

Just to refresh your memories, Map


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una readies her crossbow and points to the North (what she hopes is North) entrance...

"Come on, Shakhan. We can leave these two to discuss philosophy and probably get this Necromancer ourselves."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Can we take them d8-7-6-2-1 out? Then continue? I can't see Ashe or Varrel leaving them


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe moves through the twisting caverns silently following Varrel getting the captives back to room [D7] where Nexus is.

"We should NOT split up. The Vreeg, the apprentice has unknown spellcasting capabilities."

"The trap room has a reset time if we take the captives quickly into the secret passage that bypasses that room and have them wait in the secret passage they should be safe for the time being while we deal with Vreeg. Taking then to true safety will risk letting Vreeg escape."

"After they are relatively safe in the secret passage we go back to the secret door to the library and seek Vreeg."

Turning to the rescued captives Ashe says, "Once your in the secret passage always go to the right hand passage it will lead you to the exit through a crypt. If you want I'll sketch you a simple map ere we leave to deal with Vreeg. But I would suggest waiting for our return... there are unknown undead roaming the dead Warrens and you are all not fully recovered.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel eyes the prisoners for thier response to his queries.about any harm.done.them by this derro in the library.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The captives agree to wait in the passageway if that's what you want, although the female says she'd rather just leave. They look nervous.

You can get them there without incident.

Majenko flutters around as quietly as he can, reporting that he cannot see anyone...

So, who's doing what?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods to the rescued citizens and says to the female, "We're only concerned about your safety... we do not know all the threat here in the Dead Warrens. But you are free to go if that is what you truly want. But we would be remiss is we just abandoned you."

With that Ashe heads out to return to the secret door to the library, when Varrel move to take point again Ashe lets him do so and once everyone is in position Ashe will Detect Evil beyond the door and gesture everyone to wait for his results.

Once he has scanned he will open the secret door and enter moving into the room taking position to the left Dauntless Heart in hand ... shield held high. Total Defense posture.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel lets Ashe go first then follows, taking the other side of the door. Ready action to slumber first enemy he sees


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una escorts the freed prisoners as well, sympathizing completely with those who just want to get back to their own lives and comforting those put off by Ashe's ultragood paladininess.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Ex-prisoners settled for the moment (seems the woman will stay with the rest for now), you all head in the direction of the library...

Ashe's detect evil reveals nothing untoward, and you proceed along the narrow passageway, shoulders of all but the slimmest brushing the walls as you go.

The library is a squarish chamber, clean and swept, lit by a couple of lanterns that cast a warm glow. Two wide, freestanding bookshelves stand in this room, the shelves filled with row upon row of tomes and scrolls.

Map Update - you are in D10.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe stalks about the library making sure there are no occupants within or any false shelves or secret compartments in the bookcases.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

In passing curiosity Ashe reads some of the spine titles of the tomes on the shelves.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una follows, her crossbow held at the ready. Her eyes also seem to be searching for anything which stands out in the room.

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel seeing no enemies forthcoming does a quick search with chatterbeak for anything useful.

Varrel Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The books and scrolls are mostly treatises on necromancy or the art of crafting golems, but there's also a surprisingly large number of books about diseases and plagues here as well.

Una finds a couple of scrolls that look magical, wedged between the pages of a fat picture book on humanoid anatomy. Varrel, Hytogg and Chatterbeak between them figure out that they are a scroll of identify and a scroll of command undead.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Hytogg should probably carry the scrolls, If you don't mind Una. Command Undead doesn't fall within my casting expertise and I'm unable to read a scroll while fighting anyway. We may need to use that one.
He looks to the group.
Shall we continue?


Shakhan nods. "These bluddy death warrens can't go on much longer."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I hope you are right, Shaktan. Everyone, remember what I told you about the Golem, use the correct weapon and fight it with all you have. My frigid touch spell will slow it but won't hurt it.

He moves to take point again.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods in agreement, "Indeed".

"I want nothing of any use left in this place for Ryloth. Ere were done dealing with his apprentice and his monstrous creations, I at least shall return to remove all of this lore so it may not serve evil's cause anymore. I do not want this lore destroyed... as I'm sure Master Hytogg would also be against. All information can be useful if only to inform what one might expect from those who use such foul magics and how to defend or counter them."

"It might be wise for us to cast any protective or defensive spells now as I'd like for us to quickly move through any subsequent rooms until we find our quarry and end him... no more search room by room. We enter a room if no one is there we move the the next room until the foes is found - no searching of delaying. Let's END this!"

IF the party agrees to a 'blitzkreig' tactic... Ashe will pause and speak a soft prayer of invocation to the lady of paladins, and drink a potion of protection from evil and pour his potion of bless weapon upon Dauntless Heart.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I'll give the rest a chance to chip in with any further prep and post the next room tomorrow....


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel nods.
I have no magical protections to cast. At least none with sufficient duration, for what you propose. I am with you though. Lets go

Ashe, check your inbox ;)


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una smiles at Shakhan. "I do believe our friend is getting anxious."

"Let's move!"

She pulls out her remaining potion of gravity bow, prepared to apply it at the first sign of trouble.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Preparations made, the party proceeds through the door in the east wall of the library...

The nauseating mixture of decay and strange chemicals fills the air of this large room. Glinting saws, pliers, long stitching needles, and other surgical equipment are organized on shelves and benches along the walls. A sturdy wooden table in the center of the room supports a large humanoid shape — a thing stitched together from a patchwork of dozens of different bodies. The thing would stand nearly seven feet tall if it rose. Head looks disproprtionately small, though.

Map Update - you are now in D11.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe moves forward cautiously, shield high for maximum defense. Scans the room for evil. Then approaches the body stopping just beyond 10' feet from the corpse.

Ashe gives the construction of flesh a careful look trying to determine if any of its parts might belong to the Shaonti Warrior, Gaekhen,... tattoos, same skin tone etc...

Silently he gestures for Varrel to cover the west exit from the room...

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

That head has rather shaggy dark hair and several distinctive tattoos....

Were you lurking in wait for me, Ashe?

2,401 to 2,450 of 6,045 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.