Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,351 to 2,400 of 5,575 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe does not hesitate. He moves directly toward the Derro... almost a charge but he stops short when within sword reach hefting Dauntless Heart menacingly above the Derro.

"I am Sir Whiteplume, in the service of the Korvosan Guard. We are not here to harm you but I'm going to ask you to surrender! If you cooperate you will be bound, gagged and blindfolded so as to be no threat but NOT HARMED. We are searching for the remains of a Shoanti Warrior the criminal Ryloth may have acquired! If you peacefully submit, you will be released when we are done searching and confiscating Ryloth's operations here... PROVIDED you agree to leave these caverns and NEVER return... on threat of DEATH if you do! You have my PROMISE to this - as a Sword of IOMEDAE! Do not make us kill you! Surrender!"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel had enough! Once again, Ashe was offering a free ticket to an evil being. They could debate it later but this could not continue.
Varrel readies an action to Cast light should the creature use it's racial darkness ability.
He honestly hopes it would....

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The derro looks around wildly, dropping his scrubbing brush.

"I... I... know nothing! Master told me to c...clean up the m..mess... T..think he went out. W...what can I do? W...where could I go? This my home!" he stammers in evident confusion.

As far as you can see he doesn't have a weapon, not now he's dropped his brush.


Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe pauses listening to the Derro's plea. Then lowers his sword, and raises his visor. Locking his piercing frosty blue eyes upon the Derro's own gaze.

Detect Evil - Move Action for the 3 round information on the Derro immediately before him

Ashe speaks his voice softening in compassion though his stern gaze never wavers...

"You are in want of a home are you? I might be able to do something about that. But it will take some effort on your part! You will have to honestly make an effort to abandon your previous deeds in life and forsake following wicked desires of the heart! If you will do this - I will provide you with a new home and a new master to serve... for a time. I would be willing to ask the Temple of PHARASMA to accept you as a ward of the Church, provided that you honestly listen to their teachings and principles and make an honest effort to apply those principles and teachings in how you live your life. During your Wardship you will live where the temple clergy wills and or provides and use your knowledge and abilities to serve the 'Lady of the Graves' Clergy. When and only when the Bishop decides that you are no longer a threat to the people of Korvosa and have reformed from your evil cultural and/or natural tendencies - you will be either apprenticed to a profession or provide a skill you may earn a living with and allowed to choose a home in Korvosa or somewhere else ... within reason if you so choose, with the proviso you obey to the best of your ability the laws and regulations of wherever you take up residence. Will you agree to these terms?"

Diplomacy: Take 10! 10 + 7 = 17
* +9 vs Korvosan Citizens... not sure if the Derro applies... lol!
Sense Motive: Take 10! 10 + 5 = 15


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel took a backstep, Now he's making promises for a church not even his own! Dear Ashe, I swear you would offer mercy to Asmodaeus himself.

Varrel continues to be ready to counter the creatures darkness with light.
He did not agree with Ashe's course at all. It was costing time and putting them at risk.
But this was not the time, Manacles, Ashe. If this Derro does anything bar put his hands behind his back, Slowly, I will kill him.

Heavens forbid, Sir Whiteplume ever garners fame. Any enemy with 1/2 a brain would know to simply surrender and the Grey Knight will be willing to forgive.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The derro looks surprised.

"Y... you would do this for me? B.. but my race is less than comfortable on the surface, and most surface-dwellers less than comfortable with us, if you get my drift. Is Master gone for good? Has he abandoned us?"

He gets to his feet and scratches his head.

"I would be prepared to try, though. I tire of this life and would like to make something more for myself. What do I need to do?"

He appears to be sincere.


Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe nods and smiles slightly, "I would do this for ANY being willing to attempt to abandon a life of wickedness. I won't mislead you - it will be difficult, but as long as your heart is willing to try you can count on me to help in any way I possibly can... you will not be alone or abandoned. Even should the church of PHRASMA refuse my request, which I seriously doubt they will, I will still personally see to it you get a fair chance to make a positive change in your life. Do not be afraid. A heart willing to make the attempt to change its ways is a good sign that there is strong hope for your success!"

"Your...'master', Ryloth the Necromancer, as I'm sure you well know cares little for your happiness and nothing of your well-being. He would abandon you without a thought if it was in his best interests."

Ashe glances Varrel's direction and spares the rest of his companions a quick glance before continuing.

"For now Yes, Varrel we shall manacle him and yes I have manacles."

Turning to speak to the Derro again, "For the time being we shall bind you here as I can see from my comrades reactions that trust is a commodity they do not reasonably spend lightly. I will manacle you here to a iron spike I shall hammer into the floor. In the mean time I will leave enough play in the chain for you to move about. Spend your time disassembling this alchemical lab and packing it for removal. You may not be able to reach all of it even the broken apparatus - anything you can will be appreciated. Wait for our return and I will take you from here... to a new life and a new freedom from the tyranny of an evil life."

Then Ashe steps forward and crouches down to look the Derro in the eyes at his eye level and he offers his hand, "Hello, I am Asherick Whiteplume, paladin of IOMEDAE, it is very nice to meet you. What is your name my... hopefully future friend?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel remains tense, waiting for the expected darkness.


Shakhan rolls his eyes. "Oh the humanity."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The derro looks both surprised and scared.

"I am called Nexus," he says. He puts a small, cold blue paw in Ashe's hand.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg watches the diplomacy attempt with at first skepticism...his guard up, then with increasing wonder. Maybe Ashe should be ruler. Evil seems to melt away, and orcs turn into teddybears at his embrace.

"Someday you're going to stroke the wrong rattlesnake Ashe".


Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe gently and warmly shakes Nexus' paw, "Well met, Nexus.. it is an honor to meet you."

Releasing his grip Ashe stands and replies, "Truer words have never been spoken Wise Master Hytogg, I'm sure I will. I only pray that the divine powers that govern the spirit of righteousness grant me the Strength to endure, the Hope to keep looking for the potential for good in others, the Courage to continue trying conquering Evil with Goodness and the company of Good & Stalwart Companions to stand at my side with Support!"

With that Ashe sheaths his longsword and hangs his shield on his back... taking out a iron spike and his warhammer he finds a central location in the room and hammers the iron spike into the floor. Then stowing them pulls forth a pair of manacles which he locks to the spike in the floor and... gently clamps the other end around Nexus' calve of his lower leg.

He smiles at him, "We shall return shortly."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel remains out of reach of the Derro, but points his blade at the creature. Know this... I serve the patron of Vengeance and I am no Paladin, for now I abide my friends promise, but I do not forgive. Time and again I have seen acts like yours as a prelude to betrayal. Ashe is surrounded by loyal and dangerous friends and should you be responsible for any harm to him or anyone for that matter and we will kill you. For now though, hands behind your back so I can search you.

I am guessing it complies, Varrel will pat down the Derro, chatterbeak looking as well. Then they'll have a quick look around the room.
Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

His search complete, he lowers his blade and assumes his place at the front of the marching order. Looking at Ashe, wanting to resolve it now but knowing it was not the time. If you are wrong about him being sincere..... Varrel lets the implication hang.
He moves forward a bit and whispers something to Chatterbeak who then flys over to Shaktan.


Landing on the Barbarian's shoulder, the Bird asks, You feeling better Crackerman? Sure to be enemy worth your big arms and big boots soon.

He remains on his friends shoulder and waits for Varrel and Ashe to move off to the next room. Before Shaktan leaves, Pardon, Crackerman but Master thinks blue dork will call for help when we go. Master did not want to hurt Shinyman's feelings. Can Crackerman use sleep choke on Blue Dork to give him a nap?

The message delivered, Chatterbeak flaps back to Varrel.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Varrel finds a couple of copper pieces, three battered d6s, a tangled bit of string, and a dirty handkerchief in Nexus's pockets.

Chatterbeak puts his head on one side, then darts forward and tugs out a cord around the derro's neck. There's a strange and ornate brass coin with a square hole in the middle, through which the cord - which is braided dark red thread - passes.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel will cast detect magic on the necklace when Chatterbeak returns from whispering to Shaktan, Detect Magic
Have a look at this Chatterbeak. What do you think?

Varrel Spellcraft1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Chatterbeak Spellcraft1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It does not appear to be magical, but Nexus gets quite upset when you take it.

"Please..." he says, wide-eyed. "It was left me by my mother. She said it was a symbol of her belief, but never told me what that was. I have been searching for its meaning since she passed."


Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe makes no reply to the actions or words of Varrel not wishing to further frustrate a already tense moment nor present a dis-unified appearance in front of Nexus by chastising a fellow adventurer for the casual-cruelty that is common amongst most adventurers to beings considered 'monsters'. Wisdom dictating that now is not the appropriate moment for a 'sermon', however brief, on compassion.

Ashe merely expressionlessly watches and lets his silence speak in volumes. Undoubtedly - Varrel will not let the subject end here.

He addresses the party, "Are we done in here now?"

Then turning to Nexus, "Nexus could you tell us what is beyond the door to the south of this chamber and the passageway to the east? Are there any other secret doors or traps we should be aware of?"

Ashe considers the necklace symbol of Nexus' mother's faith trying to place the religious significance...

Kno: Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Glancing casually at Varrel, "... if the necklace is harmless would you please return it?"


Shakhan comes up real close to the derro, squatting down and leaning in to take a look at the necklace. The strange brass coin startles nothing in his memory, still, he looks at it intently. Eventually he gets up with a "harumph".


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel is satisfied the charm is not magical and gently returns it


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg shakes his head in amazement. What has happened to the group that so casually infiltrated and extracted revenge on Lamm. Maybe we should have taken him milk and cookies instead of killing him.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel moves back to the front, giving Shaktan a quick glance, Let's get moving

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"The door to the south leads to a store room, no other exits," says Nexus, eyeing Shakhan a bit warily. "To the east there's a tangled mess of caves and the prisoner pits. Take care, this morning one of Master's experiments, a carrion golem, ran amok. Caused the mess I was tasked with cleaning up and then ran off, it's probably still down there. Oh, and there's a secret door in the north wall, goes to the library." He points to what appears to be a blank section of wall.


Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

"Thank you Nexus."

Turning to the north wall Ashe walks over to search for the secret door.

Ashe's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"Let's try the secret door first...

Majenko takes flight fluttering about the wall searching as well...

Majenko's Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Allowing Ashe his time to search, Varrel has his scimitar ready and quickly does am.imventory of what has been cast.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Both Ashe and Majenko find the secret door easily enough now they know where to look. The pseudodragon finds the catch first, chirping excitedly. Do you want to go down there?

Nexus, meanwhile, hangs his brass coin back around his neck then sits on the floor watching you all quietly.


Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe pulls out a piece of chalk from his belt pouch and clearly outlines the door for everyone.

"Shakhan will you cover the right side of the door when I open it? Varrel and Una cover the opening of the door ready to snipe or slumber whoever may be in the Library. Slumber first we want to do this as quiet as possible, to give Una her best possible advantage in subduing and hostiles. Also I'd rather come across the 'Carrion Golem' with surprize on our side. There is no 'negotiating' with a Golem... we'll have to destroy it."

Ashe moves tot he left side of the door and prepares to open t waiting briefly for everyone to get into position.

Suddenly, Ashe starts as something recalls to his memory...

"HOLD! Just a moment team... I just remembered some information Nexus may be able to provide..."

Turning without leaving his position to regard Nexus.

"Nexus what can you tell us about Vreeg and Cabbagehead? The Otyugh mentioned that Vreeg has been training with your master Ryloth. Is 'Vreeg' a spellcaster? What sort of creature is Vreeg? The Otyugh mentioned Derro {you all} and a human {Ryloth} but made no description of what 'Vreeg' was merely inferring he was different from Ryloth. And what sort of being is 'Cabbagehead'?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Golem's, Carrion...I'm sure I've read something about them in one of my trips to the Acadamae.

Knowledge:Arcana1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

It will be a difficult fight. Any magic that can be resisted supernaturally, Golems are flat out immune to. Carrion Golems in Particular are slowed by magical fire or Cold, and electricity only quickens the thing. They resist piecing weapons but slashes and blunts work fine. Hytogg, any magic you would expect to work on a living creature will do nothing.
Unfortunately bar Fire or Cold, it will take brute force to kill the thing. Shaktan and Ashe, you two would be the best to fight it, be aware it exudes a powerful neaseating stench and carries disease

Sorry Meg if that was too much info. The beastiary listing didn't set DC's so I assumed a 28 would be good, cause it's a high number.

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

The 'General' ID Monster DC is CR + 10 and every 5 over the DC yields another question/fact about the creature's capabilities.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Thanks. I'm sweet then.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Pausing for a moment, Varrel volunteers, I only have one spell left that would effect the thing. It is a freezing touch, I can deliver with my blade. Normally, it's my most powerful blow but in the Golems case it will merely slow it down, IF i can hit it. That's the best I can offer.


"Slashes work against golems? Good. Now just point out to me when we find one."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Rest Assured, Shaktan, you will know when you see it. It will look similar to a animated corpse. Though one assembled from many different bodies, I fear depending on how old the creationis it may even have some pieces of the Shoanti.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Nexus says, "Vreeg is the leader of us derro, and is Master's apprentice. He's getting quite good at necromancy, and bullies the rest of us, threatening to chop us up and use us in his experiments if we step out of line. Cabbagehead is an ugly brute of an ogrekin that Master charmed a long while ago. Think the spell wore off but Cabbagehead hung around anyway, he likes working as jailer in the prison pits where Master keeps the live 'raw materials' for his experiments."

No problem, Verro... you appear to be quite the student and that was a good roll!


Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe stops.

"Live Raw Materials... jailer in prison pits? Are you saying there are people being held captive here to be killed and used as ...'parts' for harvesting in foul necromancy?"

Ashe lowers his visor... his voice takes on a cold metallic hardness, "The prison pits are to the East?"

Ashe does not wait for an answer as he turns from the secret door and strides purposely for the East passages drawing Dauntless Heart and readying his shield. A ominous grim silence descends upon him save the clank of his plate armor but that and the determined set to his shoulders leaves no doubt... the paladin is angry.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel scoots in front of Ashe to take point and hoping the Paladin will slow enough to allow he and Chatterbeak to keep an eye out.
Caution, Ashe.

Varrel was just as angry as he, but anger must not be allowed to cloud vision when seeking retribution.
Perception (looking for traps as well)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Chatterbeak, keep an eye out.
Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Varrel leads Ashe to the door and looks to the Paladin, whispering, You open and I'll slumber.


Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe retorts, "Caution!?!?"

His voice somewhat angry, and his expression unreadable...

But then just as suddenly his voice softens and he nods in agreement, slowing his stride considerably, "...yes. Yes of course friend Varrel. 'The Hasty swordstroke, often goes astray.' Zeal for justice is commendable... but blind rage is fruitless. I'll follow and open the doors when needed."

And just like that his anger dissipates to reason and tactical acumen of a seasoned adventurer... A Pathfinder.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Master says that they are the dregs of society and will do greater service here than they ever did in life... is that something I need to change my opinion on?" enquires Nexus, sounding a bit anxious.

The group heads off down the passageway. The stench gets worse as you advance. Sweat, mud, fear...

Map Update


Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe pauses briefly, turning to Nexus.

"Yes Nexus. Every sentient being with choice and free will is a precious bearer of the priceless undeserved gift of life. EVERY being has worth... and not in only their death... but how they live their life and what they can or could do to make the world a better place to live. EVERY life is precious... mine, Varrel's, yours - Everyone's!"

Ashe turns back following the passage noting the stench of suffering...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel comes upon the door and thinks about Nexus's reply, A good soul wouldn't need to ask that


The mighty warrior sniffs the air. Strangely familiar, thinks Shakhan.

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

Uhm... Hello?!?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I'm here... waiting to hear which way you want to go in these twisty passages: north-west or south-east...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I was pretty sure we were checking out the jail


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 1

Una pulls up to the door, cradling her crossbow carefully in a guarded position. She listens carefully to hear if anyone is moving or breathing in the jail cell.

Perception (10)
10 + 8 = 18


"GET YOUR SORRY ASSES OUT HERE AND FIGHT!" Shakhan shouts a challenge into the dungeon.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel quickly sides up the door and nods for Ashe to open it.
Ready action to hex any fore he sees when Ashe opens the door.


Male Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 | AC 24{28 "29"} [se: 28{32 “33”}] T 12 [se: 15] FF 23{27 "28"} [se: 27{31 “32”}] | HP 57/57 | F +12 R +11 W +14{+15ench} | Init +1{+2} | Perc +6{+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe pauses his unreadable helmed gaze regarding Shakhan and he suppresses a chuckle

{Well... that's one approach...}

Then Ashe is all action, stepping boldly into the doorway and moving to the left-hand side of the open South-east passage his shield high in maximum defense.

Dauntless Heart in his hand ready to parry any oncoming blows

Silently thinking at Mejenko, {Majenko, move into the passage high above out of reach and tell us what you see from stealth please...}

The small dragon leaps from Ashe's armored shoulder into flight taking wing up into the shadowy reaches of the cavern roof fluttering away into the cave gloom above...

Ashe Actions -
Move Action: Move 20'ft into passage way
Standard Action: Total Defense
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
- Scan for Evil the presence of evil, since the duration of the spell-like ability is still running

Majenko Actions -
Move Action: Fly 55'ft into passageway
Standard Action: Stealth 1d20 + 19 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 19 - 5 = 22
- Move over half while under stealth but not full move {-5 to Stealth}
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
- Senses: Blindsense 60’ft, Darkvision 60’ft, Low-light Vision, Scent


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP65/65, F8/R5/W5, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel steps in and quicksteps to the other side of the door, allowing Shaktan a charge. Ready to hex any enemies he spots, (Leaving cabbagehead for Ashe/Shaktan in favor of any other targets he spots first. He'll hex Cabbagehead only IF there's no other target)

Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Chatterbeak keeps a wary eye out for his Master, rather enjoying his great value as a spotter.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Majenko flaps off, reporting {Down the passage on the right, pits with captives and a truly monstrous guardian, this Cabbagehead, I guess!}

Map Update

You make your way down the passageway and find a vile sight - this foul-smelling cavern (D9) is bordered on three sides by ten-foot-deep pits. It is from these pits that the rancid smell of excrement and decay fills the air — each pit contains a few heaps of mouldy straw, a wooden trough of filthy water, a few rotting body parts, and a couple of still living prisoners.

A hideously deformed Ogrekin advances on you. His head is swollen and mis-shapen. He raises his fists, snarling "I's a gonna put ya inna pit. Me feed ya later. Maybe...", and advances.

With Shakhan's yell, nobody is surprised, so we'll go straight into the brawl.

May I have your initiatives, actions and rolls, please?

2,351 to 2,400 of 5,575 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.