Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,301 to 2,350 of 6,034 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Yep, Una, I'd picked up on you, it was Ashe I was asking seeing as he was going in.

Varrel, you sense a general aura of magic over the skulls...

Ashe charges in, the light from his shield sconce torch flickering over the skulls, making their grins come alive in the dancing light.

Anyone else entering?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una did go in, too, only a little more cautiously than Ashe.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Hopefully before anyone enters, Varrel calls, "Use caution, the skulls are magical..

Spellcraft1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

OK, Ashe barrels in, with Una coming more cautiously behind and Varrel in the doorway working his magicks...

As Ashe reaches the alcove specified, Varrel figures out that some of the skulls are trapped with a magical trap that sprays acid...

Just as a couple of them open up on poor Ashe!

Ranged touch attacks -
Acid spray #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 - damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
Acid spray #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 - damage 1d3 ⇒ 1

Somewhere further south down the corridor there's a kind of rattling sound.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Don't think I can do anything about magical traps. Anyone have a spell to dispel?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe gasps mostly in surprise at the corrosive liquids touch.

"There is a door here. I didn't expect the trap to trigger - assuming for safety there was one from this end of the hallway! I figured the trap was sprung from the far end of the hall. Must be a magical passwor~..."

He cuts his words off short when he hears the rattling at the far end of the room.

Ashe readies his shield and sword stepping away from the door to stand in front of Una, watching the south end of the corridor closely.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
{Trying to visually locate the source of the sound... is it metallic rattle of more like bones rattling?]

Standard Action: Total Defense
Move Action: Move to position in front of Una

Ashe thinks, {Majenko! Is there something invisible in this room at the far end?}


"hrmph, this hallway reminds me a little bit of an exotic cage match some 5 years ago." Shakhan's eyes are carefully scanning the walls as he follows, shield at the ready.

Using: total defense


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una is also cautious as she moves.

Taking total defense.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg follows the group in interested now that both possible undead, and magic are involved.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Perception


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel surveys the burns Ashe now sportsYou're free to continue leading if you wish, Ashe, but perhaps I should enter rooms first with my detect magic spell running? I had decifered the skulls purpose just as you stepped through the trigger and there may be more lethal ones in here.

He moves level with Ashe and can't help but feel a pang of guilt, Varrel had allowed, even suggested Ashe lead off, despite his better judgement. He had to stop defferring to this noble and be more assertive. Once again, those personal doubts and fears holding him back and now, his friend was hurt because of it.

If Ashe doesn't resist, Varell will move ahead, drawing his blade, Keeping his Detect Magic up and making perception checks, if he notices any more magical auras, he'll give them the 3 rounds of study and make spellcraft checks as required. A brilliant idea comes to the Magus, [b]Chatterbeak I'm going to empower you to see magic auras as well. If you do, concentrate on it and you'll get a better feel for what it does. Keep an eye out and try to figure out what they do. It can feel weird at first
Familiars can make skill checks using thier Masters ranks in the skill or thier own, whichever is higher

Varrel Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Varrel Spellcraft1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Chatterbeak Spellcraft1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

[hp: 33 / hp current: 31]

Ashe does not try to hinder Varrel, but does pivot to a position that gives him a clear lane of approach to set up a flank on any foe that should reveal itself.

He comments, "A fair point friend Varrel... be careful... not all things hostile and deadly are evil - thus undetectable by my gifts."

Ashe shrugs in his armor favoring the shoulder struck by the splashes of acid the acrid smell of which is still potent in the air. It must hurt, but he makes not the lightest cry of pain shifting his stance prepared for combat.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel is in front then, moving and searching as he goes. Rolls above

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The 'rattle' is that of bones...

Majenko flaps along the roof of the corridor. There do not seem to be any acid-spraying skulls that high. His keen eyes make out something... well, two somethings actually, that looks like a skeletal serpent emerging from the walls at the south end.

Both Varrel and Chatterbeak can only detect the magically-trapped acid-spraying skulls. Varrel's greater experience with such matters enables him to figure out a bit of their operation: they are proximity-triggered with a 12-second delay, and reset after 10 minutes.

Some acid squirts out at each person who has entered the corridor.

Attack on Una: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Attack on Varrel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, damage 1d3 ⇒ 2
Attack on Hytogg: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
Attack on Shakhan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

At the far end of the corridor, three creatures come into view, each consisting of a human skull atop a skeletal serpent, moving on what was the snake's ribs (that's the rattling noise you heard). They each rise up, about the front third of their length and begin to sway rhythmically...

... Will save, everyone please.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

are we suprised? Or aware of the skeletons? Thier distance to us

Initiative[dice]1d20+2[/ooc]

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

You know they are there, Varrel, no surprise.

Do you want to correct your syntax for the initiative roll?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

[hp: 33 / hp current: 31]
Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
If Save is versus {Enchantment/charm} - Add +1 to the above roll
NOTE: If this is a 'fear' effect - Ashe is Immune and all within 10ft radius of him gain a +4 'Morale' Bonus on this Will save
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Will1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

AC-12, HP-19

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Initiative
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Will Save
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Knowledge: Religion (To determine if these are undead, and if so what he might know about them).


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Will
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Move Action
Retrieve potion of gravity bow

Standard Action
Drink potion of gravity bow

Do the skulls shoot out streams of acid, or is it more like a spray? If I drop to the floor, prone, can I avoid the spray or does it come down?I guess I'm asking if being prone would add to my AC against the sprays (as ranged attacks).


Will 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"What the hell is this?!"

I'm not sure if the bonus to saves from superstition apply outside rage too, if so, add another +6 to the result of the will save.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Knowledge: Religion1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Knowledge: Dungeoneering1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Chatterbeak, what the hells are they?

Chatterbeak Knowledge: Religion1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Chatterbeak Knowledge: Dungeoneering1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Chatterbeak puffs up and hisses at the snake things, Chatterbeak:[b]Not sure, Master maybe, Chatterbeak sees picture from your books, once?

Varrel spies the creatures and tries to place what they are.

Megan:
I assume from your trap description that the trap is comepletely sprung and there is no longer danger, so I'll tell the others

Forget the acid, the trap is safe, Now we fight!
Varrel will wait.to see if.he knows.anything about the creatures before stating an action.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

All-day job interview tomorrow, not sure when I'll get online next...

Shakhan finds the swaying movement of the bony creatures entrancing and stands staring at them...

The rest of you are free to act, however.

Varrel is correct about the traps, they have all been triggered now... they do reset but not for 10 minutes.

Una, they basically emit an acid spray, as the spell, and it's a 'ranged touch' attack.

Chatterbeak, you are thinking possibly necrophidius, but you are not quite sure. If so, they are constructs and their bite can cause temporary paralysis.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

[hp: 33 / hp current: 31; Current AC: 21 'Charging']
Spotting the necrophidius serpents Ashe raises his sword and says in challenge, "For VICTORY! For the HEART!!"

Charging forward Ashe attacks the nearest Necrophidius with his characteristic powerful overhand swing, Power Attack!

Majenko hisses menacingly and swoops down to flank the Necrophidius Ashe is charging at.

--------

Majenko's Actions:
Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
* Not sure if the Entrancing effect works on Dragons. Majenko is Immune to Sleep and Paralysis. He also has SR: 12
Initiative: 'Acting with Ashe'
Move Action: Fly to Set Flank nearest Necrophidius

Ashe's Actions:
Standard Action: Charge - Nearest Necrophidius
Attack - Longsword, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 CRIT THREAT!
Attack - Longsword. Power Attack: 'Confirm Crit?' 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
* Charge [+2hit, -2AC], Flank - from Majenko [+2hit]
Damage - Longsword, Power Attack: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage - Longsword, Power Attack 'CRITICAL': 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Total Damage: 9 + 14 = 23

* Like...WOW! And YES, in Pathfinder - Constructs CAN be critically hit.


"Whoaa... look at that," Shakhan's eyes have a certain glazed over quality as his head sways lightly with the creatures.


Chatterbeak, recognising the creature from magical bond he shared with his master, calls a.warning, unable to properly pronounce the creatures difficult name, simply.yells, Constructs master, use hammer, use HAMMER!

Chatter beak knows what they are and so can tell the others but I'll limit his speech to a 6second block


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Hearing his familiars warning and trusting in the creature to not leave out any vital information Varrel acts. He drops his scimitar and casts Shocking Grasp (getting a free touch attack as part of the spell), then Moves toward the construct, (drawing his warhammer as part of the move and swift enchants it from his arcane.pool) trying to stay out of reach of the second in the narrow tunnel, then uses Spellstrike to deliver his spell through his weapon.

2 handed Spellstrike[ooc]1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23
[ooc]2 handed Damage
1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Shocking Grasp5d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 6, 4) = 17

Ashe, use a Hammer!


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Whoops! Forgot Varrel is carrying a Heavy Mace. Forget I said hammer


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una releases a volley of crossbow bolts at the closest necrophidius, now that her missiles have been made heavier by arcane magic.

Bolt 1
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 8) + 2 = 14

Bolt 2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 2 = 9

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Oops, better have an intitiative for my constructs!

Necrophidius initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Varrel is first off the mark, stepping forward and preparing to swing his scimitar then hearing Chatterbeak's squawk, and dropping it in favour of a quick shocking grasp applied via his heavy mace... Lightning crackles around one of the skull-heads as the blow shatters it.

Ashe is not far behind with his trademark overhead power strike, crashing down on the second necrophidius and shattering it. Bony shards fly through the air. Majenko pulls a couple of aerobatic stunts to avoid them!

That only leaves one of them, and it snaps at Varrel.

Necrophidius bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Hytogg may act if he wishes.

Una fires a volley of crossbow bolts at the remaining necrophidius, seemingly to no avail.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Seeing the ease that his companions dispatched the other skulls, Hytogg is thinking of saving his powerful magic for a more challenging foe. He draws his crossbow, and loads it though just in case.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

[hp: 33 / hp current: 31; Current AC: 23]

Ashe pivots after his devastating swing of Dauntless Heart to see Varrel end the second Necrophidius with his spell-combat Mace and Shocking Grasp spell.

"Nice work! Urm... right, Hammer..."

No immediate opponents threatening - Ashe sheaths Dauntless Heart and reaching behind under his cloak draws forth his Cold Iron Warhammer from his belt loop... hefting it menacingly at the ready as he moves to engage the third Necrophidius

Move Action: Sheath Longsword
Move Action: Move to third Necrophidius drawing warhammer as part of move action [BaB +1]

Majenko chirps exultantly in triumph fluttering about in a series of victory aero-batics before moving in to flank the last necrophidius chirping mockingly at the soon to be EX-construct.

LOLS! Shakhan you ARE AWESOME! "Whoaa...look at that!" {snicker}, I near fell out of my seat laughing!


;)


Chatterbeak, dislodged by the jostling of combat, takes wing with Majenko, calling, to Ashe, It's bite can paralize, Shinyman, less worried about his Master, whose elven blood makes him immune to such things.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel, suprised that the constructs fell to the single blows, despite his spell and Ashe's mighty overhead swing.
He nows focuses on the Necrophidius that unsuccessfully attacked him.

Already adjacent to the construct he 5 foot steps to the side, Using a swift action for Arcane Accuracy and bringing himself into flank with Ashe (Varrel goes first so Ashe is not in position yet) and Uses Spellcombat/Spellstrike to attack the thing, Only this time, realizing the thing is likely immune to his curse, he casts Light to mark the thing as a Target for Una.

Concentration check to Cast Light Defensively: DC 151d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Arcane Accuracy Spellcombat/Spellstrike Full Attack1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16
1hand damage1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Cast Light and Deliver with Spellstrike
Attack1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 4 = 30
Damage1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10
Spell damage: Nil

Critical confirmation1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 4 = 29
Damage1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Total Damage:23 and the Construct glows under the light spell.

The second swing is strong and deep, bone fragments go flying, Varrel calls to his friends,
It's reeling, Finish IT!
He thinks silently, "Quickly please, I am fast running out of Spells"
Varrel has two Arcane pool points left

lol! I drop my high crit weapon and get a crit with a mace while casting a spell that does no damage


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Uhm... if you inflict 23 points to it with a weapon that breaches its DR... its destroyed. Cause Ashe did 23 with his sword and destroyed the one he faced.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Just in case, Una fires another gravitas bolt.

Attack (into melee)
1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 4 = 24 +1 within 30 ft, for 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 = 11 +1 within 30 ft.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Really? Since Chatterbeak ID'd it I looked at the Necrophidius and it has 36hp. I didn't think we were using death by massive damage and figured a construct would not be affected by that


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Which Monster manual were you looking at the 3.0, 3.5 or Pathfinder Bestiary? Could make a difference, plus sometimes modules simply 'assign' hit point values higher or lower than normal. Consider also... they 'look like' Necrophidius... they could be something similar but not quite a full version. We'll see when Megs posts! :)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Well, the third necrophidius is now a shattered pile of fragments.

A glimpse behind the screen: they are not full strength ones, they were made early on in Rolth's experiments... hence a bit more easy to defeat. However, some excellent blows were struck, and good teamwork displayed in difficult circumstances.

OK, what now? You have about 8 minutes before the acid-spray skull traps reset, by the way.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

"Nice strike Varrel! There is some time limit reset on the acid traps? Then we should exit this room quickly..."

Turning Ashe returns to the door he went to when he entered the Bone corridor and listening, and Detecting for evil beyond the door briefy, opens the door to move into the next chamber, switching weapons back to Dauntless Heart.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Detect Evil - 1rd

Majenko swoops down perch upon his armored shoulder again as he enter the next chamber.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

A few more minutes only. Yes. We should move on. Oh, and good work Chatterbeak, Ashe.
Varrel moves and Retrieves his scimitar and sheathes it, keeping the warhammer in hand until he feels his enchantment fade, then he switches back to his preffered blade.

Chatterbeak returns to his masters shoulder.
Chatterbeak:Thankyou master. Chatterbeak is useful isn't he. You were great. Killed more than Shiny man, yes you did. Master is most powerful by far. Can someone slap crackerman to sense. He has the same look you do when you look at Roofrunner sometimes..

Varrel quickly clamps his fingers over the birds beak before he can continue.
Varrel:Thats enough out of you. Keep silent until called for or unless.you spot something. Handle that and I'll let you go drinking with Shaktan after this is finished.

Varrel walks over and gives Shaktan a shake, Focus friend, we're hardly done yet.
Varrel moves up with Ashe and renews the light on his armor, he then.takes his customary position out front of Ashe as he enters the new room.

Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
If they percieve nothing or are not attacked, Varrel will cast detect magic and scan tje room

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Ah, yes, now all three necrophidii are dead, Shakhan can snap out of his daze.


"What... what was that?" Shakhan shakes his head, his massive suddenly tense up as his body responds with delay to a now non-existent threat.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Not much to worry about, Shakhan. They're shattered bone fragments now."

Una says dryly.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel makes an attempt at humor, I am sorry my friend, it appears the lowly enemies we face are boring you to sleep, I pray that we might find a dragon to hold your interest, but if we do not I swear to devote my studies to conjuring you one.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Moving on...

Sword in hand, and Majenko perched on his shoulder, Ashe opens the door to the next chamber, the rest of you following behind.

In here (D7) two wooden tables are stacked with vials, beakers, and other alchemical gear, although the southern one is heaped with broken vials and leans awkwardly on a hastily repaired leg. Three large cauldrons sit against the east wall, one of them upended. Its foul, rancid contents of rendered fats have spilled over the floor. A three-foot blue humanoid with a shock of white hair is on his knees with a scrubbing brush trying to clean up the congealed fat.

Map Update


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Ashe looks into the room spotting the Derro busy scrubbing the floor ... completely oblivious to their arrival.

He pauses sword loosely hefted ad hesitant, his expression unreadable under his visored full helm.

Then Majenko telepathically transmits, {Verrel, Ashe wants to know if you can slumber hex the Derro... he does not want to just slay it out of hand. Such cold-hearted killing sickens his heart - especially when the foe is almost helpless. He wants to bind it, blind fold it and gag it so it will not be any trouble while we search the rest of the lair.}


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Acting without hesitation, Varrel replies, He may resist, be ready to attack, then pauses for the briefest moment for Ashe's nod. Slumber Hex dc 16


Shakhan looks a bit confused at Varrel, "Of course. What?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Derro's Will save vs. slumber hex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"Huh?" says the derro. "W...who's there? W..what d..d..do you want?" He sounds more confused than scared.

2,301 to 2,350 of 6,034 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.