Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,201 to 2,250 of 6,036 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe whispers, "Good approach Una. Lets try diplomacy... they are simple creatures, merely continuously hungry and they prefer recently slain carrion to fresh kills."


"hrmph, I'm a simple man and words don't work so well on me." Shakhan grumbles from the back.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"I am sure that any snacks you have to offer would be welcome... what do you seek?" asked the otyugh.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una asks Shakhan or Ashe to retrieve some of the bodies from the other room.

Then she turns back to the Otyugh and describes the Shoanti as it had been described to her.

"My companions will bring some food in a moment. But have you eaten any morsels that looked like our friend?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods in acceptance of Una's direction, "On it...", sheathing his sword and hanging his shield on his back.

He turns and returns to the previous room collecting the Stirge cage and the slain Stirges on the corpse... stuffing them into the cage. Then with one hand picks up the small Derro corpse ready to return...leaving the human corpse for Shakhan.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel remains near the rooms entrance ready to react should the thing turn on them.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The otyugh flaps its eye-tentacle around.

"Thank you most kindly. Which 'friend' do you mean? The flappy-dragon thing?" it asks.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"No, the Shoanti." Of course Una has little hope of the otyugh understanding what a Shoanti is, so she describes the human again, as he had been described to her.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Ah. No, sorry... would they be tasty, then?" says the otyugh.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una smiles at the creature. "Perhaps, to one such as yourself. We'll leave you to your meal, but are there other people down here who bring you morsels to eat?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel, sense motive to see if the creature is lying1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Varrel continues to remain quiet, but uses his keen eyes to scan the body parts, looking for tattoos amongst the remains.
Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

His scan finished he attempts to get a birds eye view, first softly whispering to Chatterbeak on his shoulder, Fly up out of it's reach and search for Tattooed body parts, then return to me and tell me what you find.

He also imparts a telepathic message to Majenko, Majenko, fly around the roof to get a good look at the bodies, look for Tattoos! Also, tell the others this thing would be here to get rid of bodies, it may be too stupid to realise or just lying about the Shaonti, the body could even be below the mud. I think we should leave and return with magic strength to kill it.

And it was done, Varrel wanted to say more but there wasn't time, he picks a stalactite on the roof, Sorry friend, it is dark in here, I'll just put some light on the roof so we can talk better, our friend should return with a fresh body in a moment

Casts Light on the Cieling


Chatterbeak leans in to hear his master's whisper, saying nothing, he then flaps up to the roof and in the renewed light has a look at the corpse pile from different angles,
Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

He then returns to Varrels shoulder to make his report.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Sorry, forgot Light is a touch spell so let's say he puts it on hos own armor (wanted to keep the room.lit since Ashe went toget the Derro's body

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Mostly the blue fellas, the derro, bring me my food," said the otyugh. "But if you fancy something special, do look... I don't recall any with writing on their skins, why would anyone do that? But don't look that closely."

It turns and roots around in the mud.

The two fliers get up aloft, peering down as Varrel tries jumping up but fails to reach a stalactite so illuminates himself instead. Just as Majenko lets out a trill and swoops, the otyugh holds up a pair of legs barely hanging together at the hips... and covered in Shoanti tattoos.

Chatterbeak squawks loudly at the sight.

"This it?" asks the otyugh. "It was the human brought me those, the one who hired me in the first place to come and dispose of remains."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Coming back to the cavern Ashe bears his burdens.

Seeing the severed legs Ashe grimaces seeing the Shoanti tattoos and hearing the tail-end of the interchange he speaks, "Aye! Those be what were looking for... here is something for you to snack on instead."

Ashe tentatively steps forward on the tongue of solid ground to lay down the fresh kills and ponders briefly then asks politely, "... you seem only interested in food... do you mind if we search your cave a bit for any other remains we may need to recover or perhaps baubles some of your previous repasts may have no need of any longer in exchange for these fresh kills?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Seeing Ashe move forward, Varrel, still cautious, readies a Shocking Grasp spell should the Creature attack or try to grab Ashe.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The otyugh stops moving.

"Um..." it says. "A most unusual request... but you have dealt fair with me, treated me as a reasonable being not a monster to be slain out of hand... so do go ahead. Just chuck me one of those stirges, please, so that I may snack while you search."

Its tentacles twitch a little, but it leaves Ashe alone as he advances.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe sets the Derro corpse down, reaches into the cage and tosses two Stirge corpses to the... rather polite Otyugh. He hands the cage to Una as he steps forward.

Slowly, non-threateningly, Ashe draws out his glaive-guisarme and uses its hooked end to move the offal and dead bodies around seeking more portions of the Shoanti warrior that may have been missed by the Otyugh's cursory search.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"Majenko, your eyes are sharper than mine some assistance would be appreciated? Look for anything... shiny or unusual."

Not looking away trying to get the messy task done thoroughly and more importantly - quickly Ashe addresses Varrel, "Varrel... or Master Hytogg... a detect magic might find something overlooked when the bodies were discarded."

[ooc: Don't know if searching for loot is of any use in a PF Adventure Path... but My long-time DM here in Indianapolis always hid the treasure of any Otyughs we encountered in our games under a virtual mountain of filth, slime and offal... just to see how persistent we would be! LOL! But he's a old-school gamer... likely this is not the case here... just old habits die hard. Please bear with me!]


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una holds the cage, but looks around a little too, hoping that the light spell is enough to find anything of interest.

Perception
1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 5 = 13


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko flutters down to perch on Ashe's shoulder, but his wings rustle and tail thrashes uncomfortably as he is not pleased to be within reach of the Otyugh that he still does not trust.

He searches but only cursory - keeping the Otyugh ever in his line of sight...

Perception: Take 10! 10 + 6 = 16


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel does not search, but maintains his ready action if the Otygugh attacks.

Chatterbeak, look around while Ashe searches and look for any shinies.Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

The bird is quite thorough in his search.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The mud and slime is only a few inches deep. Most of what you find is quite unspeakable: body parts and gnawed bones, but you also turn up a an amber necklace, a silver dagger, and a wax-sealed metal flask that has some liquid in it. There do not appear to be any more Shoanti remains, though.

Hytogg:
If you cast a detect magic as Ashe asked, the metal flask shows up as magical.

The otyugh views the proceedings with faint amusement, gnawing on one of the stirges as it watches you.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Satisfied that there is no more to be gained by tarrying any longer, Varrel speaks, maintaining his ready action, Let's not remain any longer, we have more to find and a necromancer to bring to justice. Besides, Shaktan is yet to find his challenge this day.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una admires the amber necklace. "Nice."

"Well, thank you, noble sir. We'll see if we can find any more of our friend elsewhere."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe collects the discovered loot and the grizzly remains of the Shoanti warrior's legs...placing the legs in a separate sack from the valuables. Returning to his comrades he slings the glaive back to next to his back quiver.

His expression unreadable under his full helm vizors down he says to the Otyugh, "Thank you for your forebearance, Sir. We'll leave the rest of this offal in gratitude. Do you know anything else about the inhabitants of the rest of these caverns or about the caverns themselves?"

"Una you can leave the cage of dead stirges here for our kind 'host' to enjoy..."

[Wow! Really! haha... there actually was something here! I guess it was too much to hope for more parts to be discovered! lol! Really tempted to detect evil on the dagger ...not a good history with 'simple silver daggers'. {LOL!} But, I figure it would have been detected when Ashe scanned the area as he advanced with it only being in a few inches of mud. Loot section on Ashe updated.]


"Haven't heard much good about these sewer dwellers. Not bad to find they not half bad," Shakhan nods, "Only... uhm... Una, how many pieces do you think our friend is cut up in?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una shrugs.

"Hard to say, really. I've no idea what kind of ritual the necromancers here are planning for the body. Ask the magically inclined."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

After using his great skill and power to determine the magical aura on the Flask, Hytogg bristles at Una's speech.

"Yes Indeed". "This flask has a magical aura".

"Well"! "I never"! "Ask a butcher, not me". "What makes you think we wizards study cutting up bodies and such". "I'll have you know we are a cultured, and serious group of individuals, with more important things to do than go around cutting up corpse".

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Knowledge Arcana, or Spellcraft whichever applies, as his curiosity overcomes his indignity


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Spellcraft1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Necromancy is a school which manipulates or destroys life. While any mage would be lying if they said they didn't know a spell or two, Golemcraft is a very specialised area amd takes skill, especially flesh golems. We will have our hands full with this wizard. Worse, if he already has a golem done.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

One thing both mage-trained party members know is that there are two separate schools of thought regarding golem manufacture. Some necromancers prefer to animate a single corpse, others prefer a patchwork approach, taking a bit from one body and a bit from another. The second technique is by far the most popular with flesh-golem makers, although those who like making golems from never-animate materials (as in, clay or metal) tend to favour working with a single construct.

The otyugh settles down. "You are welcome to those trinkets if you want them," it says. "They are of no use to me. All that I can tell you is that most of the inhabitants are derro, they do most of the work and are the ones who usually bring me my food. One, Vreeg, has been training with the human in making things out of the body parts that I don't get to eat... Some of their past creations are used as guards, and of course there's Cabbagehead. Not sure what the deal is with him... the human hired me with the offer of food, and the derro with the offer of training, not sure what Cabbagehead gets out of it all."

He switches to the dead derro, and begins to chew its left hand.

Map reminder - where would you like to go now?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe listens closely to the talkative Otyugh and nods.

"Thank you for the information, when we are done here and leave... I'll see if I can get the PHARASMA Temple custodians to continue to bring you food for your helpful assistance."

Turing to the party Ashe continues, "So we have a Vreeg, potentially a Necromancer in training, more Derro of unknown number, Cabbagehead... an unknown and an unknown number of animated potentially golem constructs. I'd suggest we find out what is in the chambers to the west as they are potentially a means of blocking our only exit from this lair. We will have to backtrack to the main corridor to get there as there are no exits from this chamber. I don't much like having to go back to the main corridor - but I like even-less getting hit from behind if we ignore it and go east. Una would you be on point searching for the traps and or alarms that might announce our approach?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"I'm not one much for trap-finding, but I'll see what I can do. Also... I think the room with the tables warrants further investigation. It seems like there should be another exit."

With apologies for my meta-game map-sense.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel renews the light on Ashe's armor. I should stay level or just foreward of her, if Una does not object, to look for monsters in the dimmer light. I'll stop at any door or obstacle and you move foreward just enough so Una can see to disarm. Then remain halted while we move to the edge of the light and we.all pick up again. Hytogg, can you stay close to Ashe and renew his light so We can remain foreward?

Ahh, just reread sniper archetype. No trapfinding. I suppose Varrel can do it if you prefer. I can probably.spot as well as anyone. (GM call on whether Detect Magic can spot a magic trap) No ranks in disable device though.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una examines the eastern wall of the room with the long tables. She waits patiently for someone with light to come with her.

Perception (20)
20 + 8 = 28


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods in agreement, "Very well, a reasonable course of action."

He follows Una illuminating the area.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As a ruling has been requested, detect magic will tell you that there's something magical, but not if it is a trap per se.

Una, no meta-mapping here, you as a character can see what I have posted... :)

Una returns to the room with the tables (D5) and examines the eastern wall. Varrel follows close behind, scanning the area for anything untoward. There is indeed a passage leading off that way, with three or four steps going up into a hallway that appears to run north-south with strange lumpy walls... you won't be able to see more until someone brings a light!

Then Ashe comes over to cast a light, accompanied by Hytogg, and you see that the wall is covered with skulls!

Do you want to continue east up the steps - it seems quiet and dark up there - or go back up the passage and off to the west?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Go West, young man


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe barring any objections turns north to take the west passage and clear what is behind before trying any passage to the east.

As he moves he does comment, "Something to consider, we still have a secret passage that heads east as well..we might want to see where that takes us first... most secret passages are meant to conceal section that are wanted to be kept secret or bypass traps. Though in truth those secret tunnels only seemed to provide a watchpost for intruders and we've run into no traps. Our quarry is a Necromancer... not a Rogue... but its something to take into account."

Ashe draws Dauntless Heart and again readies his shield, detecting evil as he goes down the rough-hewn passages.

Majenko does not like the close walls and as such maintains his perch on Ashe's shoulder.

[OOC: Just for your information Megs... Ashe's Detect Evil at his level will last 40 minutes before he must renew it as an At-Will power.]

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Ashe, with Majenko a comforting weight on his shoulder, leads the way... and the sense of an evil presence ahead grows stronger... as does a rank smell of sweat and mud.

Then there's a high-pitched squeal of agony...

Are the rest following?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel moves up, and quicksteps past Ashe, giving a signal for a slowed approach so he can make use of his light sensitive vision.
He whispers to Chatterbeak, Stay on my shoulder and whisper to me if you spot anything

Varrel perception check1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Varrel stealth check1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 1 = 20
Chatterbeak perception check1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

His blade ready, he summons up his Slumber hex.....If he sees an obvious target, he'll hex the greatest percieved threat


Ashe wrote:
Just for your information Megs... Ashe's Detect Evil at his level will last 40 minutes before he must renew it as an At-Will power.

It also is limited by concentration - so Ashe needs to spend a standard action every round to maintain; and may do so for up to 40 minutes.

"There! That squeel. I think we're about to find something interesting." Shakhan urges the others forward.

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

If a spellcaster with a currently running detection spell like Detect Magic, which has the same statistics as Detect Evil {the only different being detect evil's duration, and target}, can walk into a room with it active and must spend a standard action to sense the presence of magic then yes. Traditionally that is NOT how people run detect magic... there is NO difference between the two spells other than duration and target. The paladin's detect evil is listed as a spell-like ability so it has to be cast but... because of this it also has a duration. Just because I'm not concentrating on it does not mean the spell duration ends. It's up to you Megs - by the written spell parameters if say Varrel can walk into a room with Detect Magic running and instantly sense the presence of magic - though not necessarily its exact location, without a standard action... a paladin with an active Detect Evil spell-like ability should be able to do the same.


Detect magic has the same limitation. Either of you can (with the respective spells active) walk into a room to immediately sense presence of magic or evil. That isn't the problem. The problem is maintaining this ability is a standard action each round. Of course Megan can play any way she wants; but the basic rule is that the spell can be maintained with concentration for up to 10 minutes per caster level. Varrel may have gotten freebies, or he may have had standard actions subtracted from his posts - this is only really an issue at times when we act in rounds.

Basically, with Ashe or Varrel keeping the spells up, we'd move at half-speed, assuming the party stays together. Not really much of an issue.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Oh, Shakhan... you could have joined us in the Discussion thread as we talked about this... Now we have two blue boxes in the playing thread... :P Please note smileys before taking offense. (I have to put that disclaimer in now, sadly.)

Una follows a light bearer, the sounds and smells ahead disturbing her significantly. She trains the crossbow in the space in front of her, ready to fire at the first enemy she sees. Ready action

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Varrel now in the lead, the party moves cautiously down the corridor. It opens up into a cavern which contains four filthy straw pallets and a low table covered with dice and a miniature maze of carved clay. Two derro are seated at the table, engrossed in whatever they are doing, which appears to involve a rat, a maze, handfuls of stones marked with numbers, a hammer, and a pair of pliers...

Time for a map update - apologies for it being a bit hacked about, the one in the AP is player-unfriendly!


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe pauses for Varrel to release his slumber hex at one of the Derro the other he charges... with a swing of 'Dauntless Heart'!

Standard Action: {Charge!} Longsword- 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
'Dauntless Heart' - Longsword, Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Una releases a crossbow bolt at the same one Ashe is charging.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25-4 if Ashe reaches the derro before the crossbow bolt for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 if flat-footed.

You should have put 4 in here, Megan, Shakhan will be irritated if there's nothing to kill, and he would probably have preferred two just for him.

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

There is another unrevealed section of the room... :)


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Seeing the 2 foes before him, Varrel releases the magical energy he'd been building at one of the derro.

Slumber Hex DC16
Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Shakhan unlimbers and shakes his axe arm out a bit as he makes for the closest derro.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

2,201 to 2,250 of 6,036 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.