Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,151 to 2,200 of 5,888 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una nods.

"My sentiments exactly. We don't really need to know what it is. The fact that it is evil and doing something down here to someone or something else is enough for me."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Let us question it about this place first, though I am inclinded to agree, Ashe. We tried it the legal way with the spider king and despite the weight of evidence against the man, he still lives. I'll not suffer the guilty to go unpunished. If this thing is evil and.....what's that beneath him?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Majenko flaps down from the 'top cover' position he'd taken up when you all entered the chamber. He peers in and you all hear his 'voice' {ugh - stirges... hungry ones!}

Varrel looks at the small pale-blue humanoid and realises that it's a derro. Meanwhile Ashe perceives that the critter trapped under it is another stirge.

Looking round, you see three stirges are perched on the corpse on the table, drinking away contentedly and ignoring you lot completely.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Eyeing the stirges, Varrel quickly explains, The creature is a Derro, a Montrous Humaniod descended from fey. They are an insane and evil race who are known for kidnapping surfacers and performing tortureous experiments on them. They can create darkness and sounds through will alone. I would not let it live.

Having checked the hall, Varrel moves in a wide circuit so to not disturb the stirges and get his friends behind him, keeping his distance so they continue thier feast, he quickly launches into his spellcasting and unleashes a Color Spray DC DC15 at the trio, hoping to knock them out or at least blind them all.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

He listens to Shakhan and Una, grimaces, "Killing is a permanent answer that leads to no other alternative... subdued and non-threatening we have options... including killing. And contrary to popular belief... it is NOT a paladin's job to go out into the world slaying everything that radiates evil! It's not a 'carte-blanche' license to kill."

Ashe steps back at Varrel's warning of incoming spellfire, letting him subdue the striges hungrily draining the corpse on the table with his color spray spell...

When Varrel identifies the creature, Derro, Evil, Insane, tortures innocents with bazaar experiments, creates darkness at will..., "...Ok, this ones' a moral gimme. Insane - so not much we might glean from it if questioned. Capable of doing spell-like powers at will - that can hinder our actions; bound and gagged or not! Plus evil... Yeah. It dies... for public safety and our own."

Ashe walks back over hefting 'Dauntless Heart', raising his vizor and carefully Coup De Grace's the Derro with these gentle words, "...I forgive you. May you find peace in death that was denied you in life. Until all are one..."

One straight stab through the heart and the deed is done...

His expression is sad and regretful... but determined. As he lowers his vizor again and hefts his sword ready to end the Stirges as well.

"Varrel Shakhan make sure none of the stirges live either... they are dangerous disease-carrying vermin."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Waiting to see if all the stirges failed their saves...

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Now that I have got out of bed, we'll find out :)

They are far too busy feeding to pay a blind bit of notice to you all, not even being distracted by Varrel's spellcasting...

Stirge #1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Stirge #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 - it just carries on feeding!

Stirge #3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Ashe ensures that the derro's slumbers become permanent. The stirge underneath it wriggles free and looks around, then starts to suck on the dead derro.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"So, this derro and probably others like it, are cultivating stirges." Una looks around the room once more, to see if she can see anything else interesting.

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

"I say, let's continue down the secret passage."

Megan, can we have a map?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

[/b]Of course. Just a moment though.[/b]

Not wanting to leave the dangerous creatures to possibly find thier way out or become a threat later, Varrels steps up and Spell Combat Full Attacks the Stirge that is still conscious on top the table.

Spell Combat1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Casts Brand Fort DC 14 or Take 1 damage and be marked
Delivered via Spellstrike1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

If that is enough to kill it Varrel will Coupe de Grace the unconscoius stirges as well


Shakhan swings at the third (unconscious) stirge. "More pathetic little blue men? What is this world coming to," he grumbles.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel smiles at the ease with which they dispatched the derro and the stirges (leaving Ashe to kill the one feasting on the Derro), the Gift from his Patron was indeed potent and his magic was getting stronger. Maybe, with that and friends such as these he would one day let go of his doubts and be free to chart a course for himself. But he was not ready to leave yet, far from it. Here, in Korvosa were a thousand wrongs being commited upon a whole city. One at a time he would help them find vengence. This necromancer was only the beginning.

Let's go find you a more worthy opponent, Shaktan.

He moves over to search the Derro, once Ashe has dispatched the last stirge
Perception, search take 2028 = 28


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe dispatches the Stirge feasting upon the Derro with one swift thrust of his longsword.

He nods to everyone,"Thoroughly now, let's search the room for anything of note or value. We need not take it, as once we have swept the lair... we can make a concerted effort to remove anything of value, but anything readily portable we can take now... lets do so! Then, as Una wisely suggested we return the secret passages and continue to infiltrate this lair."

Perception: Take 20! 20 + 3 = 23


Do we have the time to take-20 in this room? That'll take some 30 minutes or so. We can always strip-search the place once we cleared the map.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"I don't think we should be taking long to search, not right now. Look swiftly and then let us return to our primary mission. We must find the remains of the Shoanti. Preferably before they are desecrated beyond all recognition. After that, then we can remove any evil presences here, and search more emphatically."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Sorry guys. Don't go on the boards as much on the weekends, since the knowledge roles were successful, I'll just start with Hytogg lost in his own thoughts again.

"Nasty creatures both". "Still let me quickly see if there are any magical aura's about".

Hytogg casts detect magic and looks around, careful to keep the hem of his robes out of the blood.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe shrugs, "Makes sense... we can come back..."

He hastens his search to cursory...

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

...making his way back to the secret door entrance.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Agreed. We will be quick. Chatterbeak come here and help me have a quick glance

Forget take 20. Varrel Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko hisses aggressively at the Stirge corpses then flutters cheerily around the chamber, {'I search! I search to!! Help find shiny's!!!'}

Perception: Take 10! 10 + 6 = 16

Around the room rapidly looking in all the nooks and crannies he can spot... Majenko also lends his keen senses to the effort. But his rapid movement and cheery disposition make his searches only cursory...


Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Shakhan, too, helps out - if only to get out of the room sooner.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Here is the map again, Una.

Between them, Varrel, Shakhan and Ashe make short work of the 3 stirges feeding on the corpse on the table and the one who is feeding on the recently deceased derro.

There are two more in the cage. It's secure, they won't be getting out in a hurry.

Everyone searches the place, thoroughly apart from Majenko who is flapping about and hissing (The stirges in the cage hiss back!), and Hytogg who appears to be lost in thought.

Hytogg:
Your contemplations suggest that Rolth holds to the belief, quite common in necromantic circles, that golem manufacture works best if the body parts that you use have been drained of blood before you begin, and that this is where the exsaguination takes place.

Searching the derro's remains, Varrel finds rather scruffy leather armour, a short sword that could use cleaning and sharpening, a rather nice repeating light crossbow and a dozen bolts that appear to have a glistening blue-green substance coating the tips. There is also a strange thing, you think it's a weapon - a hooked throwing club attached to a 20-foot cord.

The rest of the chamber reveals no more than blood-stained straw and a few maggots.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Una, perhaps you would like this? Or would you prefer your current one? Careful with tue bolts, they are covered in something. We can come back for the rest on our way out. Shall we continue then?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe ponders aloud, "It seems the secret passages lead off to the east but there are apparently two passages, north and south in this chamber that go west. I do not like leaving areas behind us unexplored. Perhaps we should consider taking the small south western passage and clear what is behind us before returning to the secret passages?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una looks over the find.

"Not for me, thank you. Perhaps a merchant would care to buy it."

She looks up as Ashe speaks, considers the areas where they have been mentally, and nods.

"Well, when you sense evil, is there any to the east?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe considers it, "I can try... stone thicker than a foot thick will block my detection of evil, but it is a cone effect. I'll try."

Ashe moves over to just south of the middle examination table {first square south at the end of the table but not past the tables end} and Detects Evil panning it across the western wall.

Then Majenko goes fluttering overhead down the passageways before Ashe...

"Majenko...? What... no, hey Wait!!!"


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko ever-exuberent flutters up to the roof going into stealth movement heads down the southern passage that Ashe is scanning.

His thoughts projecting back to the party, {'I'll scout find if more dangerous stirges or blue evil Derro lurk beyond...'}

Move: 55'ft
Stealth: 1d20 + 19 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 19 - 5 = 34
[Senses: Blindsense 60’ft, Darkvision 60’ft, Low-light Vision, Scent]
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

[OOC: Ok. Moving to my new apartment... but will not have Internet back on-line until the 27th. See you all then!]

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Ashe, there is no evil down the corridor that has attracted Majenko's attention... you're not sure about due west, some suspicion thereof but attenuated by the rock, perhaps?

Majenko flutters off, and as he goes further down the passage his nostrils are filled with a dreadful stench... but he gets the impression that there's something alive down there as well.

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

[OOC: Ok, I'll append my last post. I'll have 'very sporatic' Internet access until the 27th... family friends, Library. I'll try to be on at least once a day.]


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko will stick to the shadows and move closer keeping near the ceiling and try to get a look at whatever the 'alive' thing is.

Move Action: Move 55'ft {or only as much as needed enough to see alive creature}
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
[Senses: Blindsense 60’ft, Darkvision 60’ft, Low-light Vision, Scent]
Stealth: 1d20 + 19 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 19 - 5 = 32


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Asherick's expression cannot be seen under his full helm... but his huff of exasperation is heard by all.

Setting his shoulders he hefts 'Dauntless Heart', readies his Heavy Steel Shield and muttering in frustration, "...can't let him get hurt, its dangerous down here...", moves as if to follow Majenko down the passage...


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una thinks to Majenko.

{'Don't get too far ahead, we don't know what's down here, and we should stay together as a group until we do.'}


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Ashe, wait, let's stick to the marching order. Varrel quicksteps to get ahead of Ashe. He moves at normal speed, counting on the Psudeo-dragon's senses to have been sufficient to looking for enemies.


"Finally, let's hope there's actually something a little dangerous for a change." Shakhan takes the rear again, but he's brimming with barely suppressed action.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una follows the light, trying to adjust her eyesight to the dimness as they travel deeper into the caverns.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Following Majenko, Varrel scuttles ahead of Ashe, and the rest of you follow behind.

Map update

The majority of this room contains a nasty-looking stretch of mud — a partially collapsed sinkhole — kept damp by rivulets of water seeping from the walls. A patch of solid ground extends into the mud to form an island, on which is heaped a reeking pile of body parts. To the north, a rickety wheelbarrow sits on its side against the wall.

Crouched in the middle of the pile of body parts is a three-legged freak, mostly mouth. Three tentacles, two tipped with barbs and one with eyes, extend from its sides... busy stuffing that mouth with assorted bits of corpse. Its body is covered with grimy, greasy hair. And boy, does it stink!!


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una braces herself against the odor.

Fortitude
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

And attempts to peer into the gloom to find any body parts that might be of the kind they are looking for.

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

(From a distance. I'm not looking to start a fight, yet. Just seeing if what we're looking for is in here.)


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel, first to spot the creture as in comes into range of his low light vision, tries to identify the thing.
Knowledge: Dungeoneering1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Knowledge: Arcana1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


"Issit eating our Shoanti?" Shakhan lumbers up from the rear.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"That's what I'm trying to determine, without suggesting that I wish to deprive it of its meal." Una murmurs quietly.


"hrmph."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel, out in front of the others, holds his palm up behind him towards his comrades to halt, still waiting to see if he remembered anything about a creature such as this Megs? Hpw'd my check go? before deciding to destroy an obviously dangerous monster or a quiet retreat.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The leg the... thing is gnawing on appears to belong to a well-muscled and swarthy human being, as far as you can see. Probably not a Shoanti... they're paler and tend to bodyart.

As for the nature of the beast, it starts to sniff the air and mutters, "Fresh meat?" in a slightly doubtful tone. Nobody is quite certain what it is, some kind of carrion-eater yet it seems to be more intelligent than the run of such things - it can talk, for a start.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una jerks her head back towards the passage, indicating its time to depart.

"I don't think what we're looking for is in here." She says quietly... At Shakhan's eager expression, she continues. "And I don't wish to raise the alarm by fighting the creature."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

"Might I point out, that while that things current morsel doesn't appear to be what we are after, there is a whole pile of other discarded limbs which might give us a clue".

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 perception


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Seeing the disgusting thing hungrily devouring the bodies, Varrel struggles to contain his anger at the awful picture. He was torn between his own desire to end this wretched things existance and Una's prudent suggestion. Hytogg made up his mind, they WERE here to retrieve any of the Shaonti's remains.

Hope your keen for a fight if this doesn't work, Shaktan.
Varrel moves to the end of the tunnel, just before it opens out and uses his gift
Slumber Hex Will DC 16- If it works he'll Coupe de Grace next round

If req: Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko flutters almost silently up into the dark recesses of the roof of the chamber 'hearing' Una's words he replies Telepathicly, {'Ok. I not go far. Up into the not-cave ceiling where beasty not see or reach me... I am cunning...!'}

Watching the creature Majenko telepathiclly reports to everyone, {'Ehck!! Smells bad... nasty carrion eater...long tentacles might be able to reach even if far away... keep distance, else get munched!'}

His mental grumbling reveals his disgust of the creature...


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe pauses at Varrel's admonition and seems ill at ease letting his dragon friend take such a risk... but he ponders that they all have skills that will be useful and and nods in agreement taking his position behind Varrel without a word.

His old sword master trainer's words coming to his recollection, "You can't save everyone Ashe! And someday you will realize you shouldn't try to either...!"

when the party make its way down to the chamber Ashe listens to the banter and Majenko's mental description pondering his response.

"I think it may be a Otyug... perhaps... Korvosa uses quite a few of the beasts as waste disposers secured in our city sewers. The eat all manner of offal, but I could be wrong... I don't believe they can talk! This may be some other monster or an 'advanced' one... who knows, doesn't matter - we need to check those body parts for our Shoanti Warriors remains. But besides all that Majenko may be right about the tentacles having a significant reach be careful Varrel."

Ashe steps the the elf magus' side shield held high for maximum protection and 'Dauntless Heart' at the ready to sever any accosting tentacles...

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Move Action: Detect Evil - Specifically on the creature
Standard Action: Ready Action to attack if Varrel is attacked - Fighting Defensively

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The critter does not detect as evil...
(Rather surprisingly says DM, checking in the Bestiary!)

... however, once the thought has crossed Ashe's mind, he realises that it is indeed an otyugh!!!! :)

Otyugh's Will save vs. Slumber hex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

It flaps a tentacle in Majenko's direction in a half-hearted manner, muttering "Tasty morsel..." but it has only a 15' reach, and Majenko's far too smart to get within range!

"Have you brought me anything?" the otyugh asks Majenko. "Most visitors bring me food..."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Actually, noble sir (does it sound like a male?), we were looking for a friend of ours who might have been fed to you."

Una says sheepishly as she steps forward, but tries to stay out of range.

"Wait, I believe we have a small blue one and some stirges, if you should like to munch on those. I'm not sure how you feel about exoskeletons though."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

And the body on the table as well. The creature must not have realised the attack happend. He silently thanked Ragathiel that the Hex (for that was what they were called, He discoverd his abilities were not unique, but it was usually Witches which recieved them.) was a power that required no hand gestures or spoken words, merely concentration.

2,151 to 2,200 of 5,888 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.