Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,001 to 2,050 of 6,135 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Thankyou fieldmarshall. We shall stop back at the temple of Pharasma on our way and pass your advoce to tje Bishop ourselves, if you wish, Sir Whiteplume is there guarding Miss Sabor, so we will retrieve him and leave her in security of the temple. Then on to the Boneyard.

Varrel dips a slight bow, not out of habit, but an honest gesture, since he was finding the Marshall's legal flexibilty for the sake of good to be a wonderful thing. "At least some here listen to thier heart before thier head."
He looks to Una, "I wish I could do the same"

Come, Chatterbeak. Lets go retrieve our ever so untarnished friend and see if he can stay clean in a graveyard!
Chatterbeak laughs at the joke, a rather uncomfortable sound unless one is drunk.

200gp added to Varrels char sheet


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

The Pseudo-dragon trills a crooning chirp of joy his thoughts broadcast to all, {"Shinys! Shinys for all... ! New shinys for Majenko and Ashe - so he can attract <Term> [not translatable but means 'bright-scaled'] Trina potential mate! Now if only Majenko can show Ashe how to correctly horde his shinys for a proper nest..."}

Majenko flutters his wings slightly from his perch... in excitement and eager antisipation...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel leaves the Marshalls office, Chatterbeakbon his usual perch and heads towards the armory. He checks his Medal bestowed by the field Marshall is correctly displayed upon his armor. Arriving to speak to the quartermaster, It seems trips here will become something of a habit, friend. The good field Marshall has seen fit to give us another task of some great political import and has instructed that we may take what we need from the armory for the job. It involves a trip to the bone yard. Might I ask if you have any Warhammers or Maces of exemplary craft Masterwork Also a composite short or longbow of similarly fine make and adjusted to my pull if you have one.

He then looks to Una, Shaktan and Hytogg, Is there anything you think you particularly need for this mission?

I know this is getting specific but a large garrison would likely have some masterwork gear for ceremony and higher ranking officers. Not sure if this is reaching but I took the Marshalls words literally when she said take.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

That Marshall is going to have to watch her words more carefully.

"Not here. I don't think anyway. When we return to the Cathedral of Pharasma, I will likely find things I need there."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Out of the country and away from my books. I'll keep Hytogg going, but need to look up new spells to memorize, and see if there is any gear for Hytogg to upgrade to.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Hytogg, if you have an android phone you can download a pathfinder spellbook app :)

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The Quartermaster, a half-orc universally known as Fred, has a masterwork mace which he hands over to Varrel, and then enquires as to the weight that the elf pulls before producing a selection of longbows for him to try.

"Target out back, through that door there. Try these three and see which suits you best. There's a bucket of clothyard bodkin-points by the door you can use."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel takes the Mace and Longbow. Testing the pull on his new bow he smiles. He couldn't use is casting with it like he did his scimitar, but it would be wonderful against distant foes.
Thankyou.

Slapping his head, Foolish. I forgot about Sir Whiteplume. Most of his weapons are already of fine quality but perhaps you have a Mastercraft reach weapon? A glaive-giserme or even a Lucernine Hammer would be ideal.

Varrel will accept any Masterwork weapon the quartermaster may have on Ashe's behalf, thenwait for Shaktan or Hytogg to eqiup themselves. He is done with the Armory and would see his friend and shop at the acadamae before heading to the boneyard.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

[Yeah, most of Ashe's weapons are of superior quality... at least the ones he uses with any regularity. I eventually wanted to get him a Shortsowrd-Alchemical Silver/Masterwork, Warhammer-Cold Iron/Masterwork and a Glaive-Guisarme-Masterwork. But for now you made a VERY astute assessment... a Glaive-Guisarme-Mw would be my choice were Ashe there... for the same reasons to choose to pick that for him.

But being a modest man {or at least he tries to be...} he'd only seek one Masterwork weapon from the Korvosan Armory... so as not to seem greedy. Everyone knows of his noble status and that he should be able to afford such gear himself.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Thought you'd like that


"Bah, nothing much of use in here," Shakhan scours through the items available then turns to the quartermaster, "Do you have a lighter heavy shield somewhere?" He lifts his shield demonstratively, "Is rare to find, but one of these made from mithril. If you can find it, I wouldn't mind paying for it. Same goes for this weapon." He twirls his battle axe.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"A glaive-guisarme... think there's one somewhere. The field marshal two back liked the weapon, had a nice one all shined up and with a tassel in Watch colours that he carried on ceremonial occasions... think it was masterwork..." Still muttering, Fred disappears into a back room. Several crashes and bangs, and a few words that I'm not going to repeat in public later, he emerges, rather dusty and holding a glaive-guisarme.

"Here you go," he says, handing it to Varrel. It feels beautifully-balanced.

Fred turns to Shakhan.

"You would like a mithril heavy shield, would you? Sorry... but I have a light one and some armour pieces that I could have refashioned into one for you. Might take a few weeks, though. Battle-axe, though, you're in luck. I do have one. Over there, on that rack. Third one along... help yourself."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

damn. I should have asked for mithral. Ah, well the quartermaster has been great so i won't push it.

Varrel jelously marvels at Shaktans new weapon. Are you sure the featherweight of tje axe won't unbalance you? Perhaps lead won't be better for one so large


"...whoaw." Shakhan is duly impressed, he nods his appreciation as he swings the weapon back and forth. "I take back what I said, Fred. You are alright in my books. If we make it through the next set of hoops that Field Marshall Kressida has us jump, I'll appreciate if you can have a mithril heavy shield fashioned for me."

He examines his new axe again, thrilled. Hearing Varrel comment, he grins that predatory smile that can sometimes be unsettling. "Imagine one of those quick-quick dagger fighters, now imagine doing the same with one of these. Yea! I'm pumped. Let us get to the bottom of this corpse-napping!"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Seeing her companions achieve interesting results in the armory, Una tries her luck.

"I don't suppose you have those bolts you can put alchemist's fire in?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Sorry, no..." Fred looks disappointed.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

[Elves of Golarion, has many Alchemical Arrows... that could indeed do what your looking for, but... those are arrows. Ashe might with a good Alchemical Lab be able to make them... if Megan would allow them to be made into bolts instead of arrows. His familiarity with elves and his close friendship with one of the Meirani Elven Ambassador daughters has made him acquainted with such ammunition. Something for later consideration...

But I'm curious are you referring to a specific bolt type? What supplement are these from... I'd like to see them. I might use those for another character of mine.]

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I shall certainly be prepared to permit experimentation once you have access to an alchemical laboratory... :)


Ark. Smelly Fred doesn't have present for roof runner. Smelly Fred should find something. Roof runner is dangerous she is. Not nice to leave someone out.

Varrel quickly clamps his hand over the birds beak and shh's him.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una shakes her head at the bird, but shoulders her crossbow as she makes for the door.

"Let's move!"


Shakhan lumbers right behind Una, his eyes set on the yet unseen destination.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Where to? Back to the Cathedral? Or do you want to shop for any other items on the way?

Speaking of which... Ashe, Trinia is gazing at you with those green eyes and saying something about feeling safe when you are around...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I still get turned around in this city. We need to get Ashe but I would like to stop at the Acadamae as well. Which is the fastest route? I believe the Acadamae is the closer, yes?

Happy to skip over the Acadamae trip and just buy behind the scenes if you want Megan.
Varrel wants to buy:
Magic Missile, Magic Weapon, Mount, Obscuring Mist, Warding Weapon. Total cost 125gp


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

{Blush!} ~ Is Ashe's first reaction.

But when he calms his emotions his gaze softens and he takes her hands in his and very gently kisses her hands, 'You are safe... milady.'


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

On the way back, Una stops to buy two more potions of gravity bow.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Of course you may visit the Acadamae en route... a tall thin wizard with straggly blond hair introduces himself as Erin, and is able to fill your potions order - both Varrel & Una - without difficulty. Looks like they have been busy in the laboratory recently...

Erin mentions that the Academae has been watching the activities of your group - 'Consultants to the Watch' he calls you - with interest, and wishes you good fortune in your next task.

By the time you reach the Cathedral, it has finally stopped raining, but everything is muddy and dank. The first acolyte you speak to denies that there's anyone like Trinia on the premises, but a second one shoves him aside and says that he can fetch 'the big white-haired paladin bloke' for you. He scampers off... [Ashe: he arrives in a spray of muddy water and says that your friends are here]

Meanwhile, the Bishop comes out, and greets you.

"I am about to take afternoon tea... would you care to join me?" she asks.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe nods to the acolyte, "Thank you sir."

Turning back to Trina he smiles sadly, "I must go now... milady, but be sure I will seek your charming company again... hopefully soon and under less stressful circumstances. 'May IOMEDAE guard and guide you.', sweet lady."

Ashe gazes into the pretty green pools of her eyes... and perhaps the hardest thing he has ever done is to turn away and not kiss her goodby... but self-control wins out and he takes his leave.

Ashe gathers himself and goes to rejoin his comrades.

Ashe bows in greeting and gratitude to Bishop d'Bear...

"Well met my friends... what news from the Marshal?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Just a note, I bought scrolls not potions.

"Thankyou Bishop, but unfortunately no time for tea. The field marshall sends word however, that she agrees here is likely the best place for Miss Sabor's safety. She did, however, hope it could be kept quiet for now. I suppose your missive has already been sent to the Palace?

Varrel was suprised how easy words were coming to him when Ashe was not around. The boys nobility was surely the sticking point for the slave. Upon seeing the Paladin,
We have been called to task again, Sir Whiteplume, the Marshall would have us retrieve a Shaonti body from the Dead Warrens from a known Fiend who practices Necromancy and is suspected of murder. She did, however grant us leave of the Guard's armory to aid the task.
I hope my selection in your name is suitable

Varrel presents the Masterwork weapon formally to Ashe, begins to bow, but angrily stops himself, Stand up man! You are his bloody equal!


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una stands comfortably with her arms crossed across her chest.

"Holy Water, bishop? If we're to face necromancers, it might be important."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe smiles brightly at the gift...

"Why Thank you friend Varrel, how kind of you to think of me! But you need not be so formal with me... 'Sir Whiteplume' indeed... call me Ashe! We are comrades in arms and you have proven with your stalwart heart and dedication to justice to be more noble of spirit... where it really matters anyways... than the most staid of 'supposed' nobleman. We are friends first, you need no honorifics with me... silly things of vanity anyways."

Ashe places a hand upon his shoulder in affection and respect.

Hefting the glaive Ashe feels its balance noting the tassel of the Watch, "A Royal Glaive! Very Nice... Thank you again. I'll donate my current glaive to the chapel of IOMEDAE...perhaps some young knight will have need of it."

Shifting the weapon he removes his glaive in place of Varrel's gift.

Then his tone is serious and measuring, "A necromancer eh... and a Shaonti corpse of a warrior to retrieve? I'm not very familiar with their ways... but me thinks that would gravely insult them and the warrior's spirit. Was he of some status among them?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

The boy was the grandson of 'Thousand Bones'.Some sort of Shoanti ambassador here in the city. The Necromancer was not responsible for his death. That falls to local bigots who seized oppourtunity during the current unrest. The wizard, is in current possesion of the body, which we need to recover so his people may afford him burial rites.

Varrel looks to the Bishop.Bishop, I understand the church normally patrols the area. Do you have any information on local dangers or particular vulnerabilities of the monsters that frequent the underground tunnels? ...In any case, we will need to have at it quite soon. So, we might make purchase if you have anything particularly useful against undead.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

I'm afraid I've lost track of Hytogg's treasure. I had it in a notebook, that I lost. I'll have to take some time and go back to recount.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The Bishop smiles and produces a leather box holding six vials of holy water.

"Take this with my blessing, Una. Does anyone else want some?"

She looks at Varrel.

"Creatures... in the main you will find wererats, otyughs, and goblins; there are also derro in some of the deeper places. Watch out for glowing moss, the derro cultivate it and hold it to be quite a delicacy, if you see it you are likely entering their territory."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe steps forward and bows to the Bishop, "Uhm.. I do have a request... milady bishop?"

Very deliberately and nonthreatening Ashe draws his ornate longsword and hands it hilt-first to the bishop.

"This is DAUNTLESS HEART... it is a consecrated weapon... would you please charge it with the positive energies of the 'Lady of the Graves' so that I may smite undead bolstered by 'The Lady's' Divine power, please?

[Bishop d'Bear is listed in Guide to Korvosa as a cleric 13th level thats 7d6 channel positive energy [CPE], likely 5/day with a DC 18. The Pathfinder Gamemastery Guide... no longer in print I believe, lists a High Priest in its TEMPLE Npc's of 13th level with a Wisdom of 24 and a Charaisma of 14... with those same Channel abilities. Wisdom does not affect the power of a CPE but charisma and level do. So it will be up to you Megs if the Bishop is better than what I proposed. In my sword it will be only half the dice of the CPE but the same DC... it lasts for 24 hours and can be released in a single attack on an undead creature as a Channeled Smite... once then it must be recharged with another CPE...which Ashe can do...though significantly weaker.]


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel nods at the Bishops answer, "Thankyou bishop. We should be fine with the holy water then. Varrel stops, considering a thought.
Actually Bishop, could you also tell me the cost of a Wand of Healing Cure light wounds, my companions and I might see about pooling our resources for one if we can afford it.

Market value is 750 and Varrel can contribute his old Masterwork
Shortbow which is 165gp at 1/2 market price, which covers his 1/5 share. He has some gold he can pony up for if someone needs help. Not sure if the group wants one yet.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe grimaces at Varrel's proposal and states unhappily, "I... must decline to donate in this instance friend Varrel sadly. I'm trying to save up to have DAUNTLESS HEART permanently enchanted. I need every coin for that. I think that with my Lay On Hands and Master Hytogg's miracles... we should be well covered with divine healing."

His demeanor is very contrite... he did not wish to decline to assist but he sticks to his determination.

[Sorry fella... I don't know how close I am to 5th level but once Ashe hits it his Divine Bond become available. I'm going for the weapon... if I want to actually be able to do anything cool with that class ability... I NEED to have a +1 weapon to begin with. Cash has been REALLY thin in this module so... I'm planning for the near future.]


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel is a little taken aback by his friends admission, but nods.
Of course my friend, then let me finally pay you back for the kindness you showed me when we met. I'll cover your share of the wand, if only to keep you and Hytogg from expending your resources when "I" need healing

Varrel makes his statement with a warm smile, probably the first in a long time.
That is, if the rest of you feel the expense is neccessary. Certainly the Great Pit Fighter has a jabit of dropping foes with the first swing, perhaps he doesn't feel the need.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe blushes, "Ah... I think you for your forbearance friend Varrel... but I don't think you fully understood what I meant by who I was referring to when I said "We". I meant the whole party."

"I'll be clearer... I intend to expend ALL of my healing abilities on 'YOUR' - the parties behalf! I'll only be healing myself if the need is most dire and immediate! I have two potions of cure light wounds... I do not intend to use them for myself... but to be ready and attentive to give them to whoever needs them the most once battle is engaged. I'm sure my goddess will protect me and give me the wisdom to use her gifts for the benefits of others when it is most appropriate. I would never 'horde' my healing abilities solely for myself while others are in need! Your lives and safety are more important to me than my own.

Don't worry, If you purchase the wand... I will be more than willing to use it on your behalf for you or anyone else - as Cure Light Wounds is one of the miracles IOMEDAE allows me to cast. I can use that item without issue... you just need to bring it to either me or Master Hytogg... when you have need of its healing power. And when I have the funds I promise to repay my share of the wand's cost out of fairness."

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The Bishop bows her head for a moment, then leads the way into the main worship space of the Cathedral.

"It will be my honour to bless your sword, Sir Asherick," she says. "The High Altar would seem appropriate..."

When you are all - that is, whoever comes along - gathered in the sanctuary, the Bishop raises the sworn aloft.

"Lady of shadows, lady of grace, grant through the authority vouchsafed to me a blessing upon Dauntless Heart that it may, in the hands of your servant Asherick Whiteplume, smite undead abominations in thy name. So may it be, according to thy desires."

The entire cathedral is flooded, momentarily, with a bright light that drives away all shadows.

The Bishop returns your sword, Ashe. It feels... different... as if it were alive.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2
Varrel wrote:

Varrel nods at the Bishops answer, "Thankyou bishop. We should be fine with the holy water then. Varrel stops, considering a thought.

Actually Bishop, could you also tell me the cost of a Wand of Healing Cure light wounds, my companions and I might see about pooling our resources for one if we can afford it.

Market value is 750 and Varrel can contribute his old Masterwork
Shortbow which is 165gp at 1/2 market price, which covers his 1/5 share. He has some gold he can pony up for if someone needs help. Not sure if the group wants one yet.

I haven't figured out how much dough Hytogg has yet, but I know he's got enough to throw in on the wand, as he has not bought anything except a pretty shirt.

Hytogg watches the ceremony a little uncomfortably since this is not his patron god, but with curiosity, as was his natural inclination... and he respects power in any form.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe bows deeply to the bishop, "...Thank you, milady Bishop. I'm... deeply honored, I will not waste 'The Lady's' gift!"

Ashe sheaths Dauntless Heart at his side... the weapon almost thrumming with the contained holy power.

Turning to his friends, "I'm ready to go when you are. I know where the entrance to the Dead Warrens is... my... father supposedly met his end near there."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I am ready, wand or no. Lets go find the Shoanti.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

So, to the Deadwarrens?

As Ashe can tell you, you need to find an area here in the Grey District that is known as Potter's Ward. This is the final resting ground for Korvosa's poor and homeless.

It is easy to find. Mounds of unmarked dirt stretch far and wide, indicating sites of mass graves, while crumbling mausoleums from years ago, abandoned by their families as the Gray District expanded to the west, dot the bleak landscape, forgotten and empty. Mourners do not visit here, for the dead buried in Potter's Ward leave behind few who regret their passing.

What do you want to do?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Sorry, Varrel. Una would have been reluctant to give up any money too. She's kind of selfish that way.

Looking over the graveyard, Una regards it with a tactical eye.

"I recommend scouting from the perimeter first. Time is important, but we don't need to trigger any traps or attacks if we can help it."

Perception (10)
10 + 8 = 18


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

A good idea, I'll assist, where I can

Varrel casts 'detect magic' and seaches around.
Perception/Alertness-Familiar1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Chatterbeak keep your eyes open.
Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Shakhan wouldn't have minded spending the money, he's not particularly gear dependent right now.

"Bah! As if we need that," in spite of Shakhan's irate words, its clear that this veteran is not planning to charge right in - too much experience. It's just that he's itching to wield his new battle axe. Both his weapon and shield are at the ready, he eagerly surveys the graves.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe holds back... for moments while his comrades search the area.

Ashe is silent, unmoving as memories assail his mind of those long years ago. When he, as a young boy, would come here day after day bravely {and foolishly} seeking some evidence, some trace of his father. He was so young then and too frightened to enter far into the mausoleums for a true thorough search... he mostly came here and wept out his grief for a father who never would return. As the days turned to months and the months to years... he'd stopped coming... knowing if his father still lived... nothing would have kept him away. His despair had sparked within his young heart a fire to protect others from the same kind of grief he was feeling... he promised himself he would NEVER turn his back on someone in need as long as he lived... just like his father!

Ashe stood in odd silence his frosty blue eyes smouldering with shifting emotions...

Eventually he comes out of his reverie of painful memories and steely resolve takes it place. He sighs and squaring his shoulders Ashe walks with certainty for he knows very well the location of the entrance to the Dead Warrens.

Ashe walks directly to a toppled and headless statue of a sword-wielding gargoyle that lies in the dirt near a very decrepit mausoleum's entrance. He pauses at the entrance and pulls forth a torch setting it into the shield sconce attached to his shield and lights it.

His tone is... strangely cold, "Over here. This is a way in. I'll take point unless someone else wishes to do so."

He lowers his Helm's visor and his posture seems... pensive as if recalling some unpleasant memory.

Drawing Dauntless Heart, he mutters a soft prayer of supplication to his goddess and calling upon his divine gifts scans the torch shadowy entrance - Detect Evil.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Provided the search turns up nothingActually, Ashe if you don't mind, I'd rather take point. I can see further in the torchlight than you can and move quieter as well. If you like
I can cast and keep a magical light on you, while I move foreward. It also means I won't catch you in a spell should I encounter something.

Varrel's plan is to move just a little foreward of the group, so that he is on the edge of his friends human vision and letting his elf eyes work in the doubled (for him) low light. He'll be moving quietly and staying alert ( take 10 on Stealth and Perception for 14 and 18 respectively). Chatterbeak is to stay on his shoulder throughout and will keep silent. But staying alert for danger as well (aid another, perception take 10 so Varrels perception is 20.) In areas of full light he'll stay within his allies charge range


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe pauses...

His expression and perhaps the emotions playing across his mind are not determinable with his face concealed behind the Griffin Crested Full helm.

But shortly Ashe nods in agreement, "That seems wise... please be careful. We'll be right behind you ready to support you."

Turning, "Majenko could you please perch upon my shoulder and keep everyone in contact via your telepathy."

The Amethyst scaled little dragon hisses happily and lands in a flurry of wings and thrashing tail upon the armored right shoulder of Ashe's full plate armor.

His thoughts directed at all {I will... I will repeat mind speech for all!}


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel casts Light on Ashe's armor, waiting for Una, IF she wishes to scout forward with him, and moves to the front. He waits for the rest of the group to assume their marching order and check any gear before moving off.

2,001 to 2,050 of 6,135 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.