Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


151 to 200 of 6,056 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Old memories of cage matches flare up in Shakhan's mind - some fights were not man-to-man, but featured beasts as well. His instincts kick in and his fighting spirit rushes to the fore before he can stop himself and he begins to rage again

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Rage rounds used: 2/8

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Risdin and Shakhan: The dog evades Risdin's blow... but dances straight into Shakhan's strike... and perishes miserably, nigh on sliced in twain!


OOC: This action is for when it is my turn again, I am just putting it in the queue.

Risdin feels a rush of air run past his face as a battleaxe sinks into the dog. "Aha! I tire him out and you take the glory.", he says as he sheaths his axe and takes out his bow. "I don't think Lamm is a dog, so let us press on!". He takes a step forward into the eastern room.


Shakhan ends his rage. He takes a moment to catch his breath as he looks in disgust as the warrior in front of him takes out a coward's weapon. "Lamm is downstairs. If you're going to follow me around, make sure that nothing slows us down."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Shakhan and Risdin: Now that the dog's out of the way, you have leisure to take a look through the door! Revised map for you 2.

The stench of rotting fish, seawater, blood and probably worse is even stronger. Right ahead, going east and down, is a rickety looking set of stairs going down to a floor which, if your sense of proportion hasn't deserted you, cannot be far above water level. Immediately beside it is an immense wooden vat some ten feet high, its sides caked and waterproofed with tar. Inside is a foul-looking mixture of chum, seawater and who know what else. Down against the east wall there's a pile of barrels and crates, all marked with a crude fish in red paint. The room extends south, but you cannot see any further.

A voice says, "Who's there? What's all the noise?' The voice is high-pitched and sounds very scared.


Shakhan moves swiftly down the stairs, his hunting instincts for Lamm kicking into higher gear. At the bottom of the stairs he notices someone trying to open the north door from the other side. If nobody gets in Shakhan's way, he'll break the door open from the inside.

Strength check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Human Rogue (1)

My mistake. I thought that big E was indicating that the right edge of the map was east. So I meant the east door, I think, not north. The one nearest to where Vic entered.


Risdin follows the crazed dog killer down the stairs, and stays behind him. He readies his bow for anything he deems dangerous.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Shakhan: When you get to the bottom of the stairs you can see the rest of the room here. Glancing to your right, you see there's an opening in the floor and stairs up to a walkway on the south wall. Slung under the walkway, there are a large number of hammocks with some frightened children's faces peering out at you.

You bash the north door open with ease, finding Una standing there.

A slightly older youth climbs out of one of the hammocks and asks, "Who are you, sir? Please don't hurt us..."

Vic: Heck, it confused me too - I was about to put a compass rose of my own on it when I worked it out!. The door is locked but your picks make quick work of it. You are now looking down into the same big room as Shakhan is in, only he's on the other side.

We now seem to have you all together...

Everybody may look at the full map now.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una looks up when Shakhan bashes open the door.

"Ahhh, so that's how you do it."

She looks around as though she were just waiting for him to show up.

"The exit was fully secured the whole time I was here."

She picks up her crossbow, readying it once again (tightening the wires if needed), and proceeds into the building.

"Where is Lamm anyway? I thought we would see him by now. And, umm, who's the guy?"

As for the map, the Sword in between the two buildings is pointing East (E), replacing the normal rose compass we're used to seeing. The fishery is on the west coast of the river, so that makes sense.


I assume Risdin can see what Shakhan can see.

Risdin looks over to the youth and says,"I am only here for Lamm, and I assume these others are as well. If you do not trouble us, we will not trouble you".


Shakhan looks at Una and Vic. "Looks like we're assembling here then. I've dropped one of Lamm's henchmen upstairs - but not before he could squeal about Lamm being downstairs."

Taking a moment to digest the scene and look over the rabble of kids, Shakhan walks towards them bloody axe blade in hand: "Lamm will die tonight, once I find him. The dog is dead and some guy upstairs will not wake up soon. If you have no more reason to be here then get your skinny arses out of here."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The youth's face lights up.

"You've saved us! You've killed Bloo... Um. I don't know where Lamm is, but when kids are sent to be punished, they're taken out onto the boat out back, then somewhere down below... and we never see them again. Sometimes Yargin or Giggles go down the same place to report, but they come back, more's the pity."


Risdin relaxes his bow and motions for the children to come closer, and takes out his pouch. "Take this here coin and go buy yourself some food. Please share this equally between each other". He hands the oldest youth 1 gold piece and 5 silver pieces.

He then turns to face the adults and says, "We have not formally met. I am Risdin Arramack of the reed. I've been tracking the shiver dealers throughout the city for weeks, and my research indicates Lamm is certainly a source of the vile substance. I plan to bring him to justice, by law or god."

"We should move around the back to the boat. I don't want him to slip out of reach"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Thank you," the youth says. "I'm Kester, the eldest of what 'e likes to call Lamm's Lambs. We're forced to work in here and out on the streets, picking pockets and such. There's 27... no, 26 of us. We... we have no place to go. But at least we eat tomorrow. May Sarenrae bless you."

The other children, a ragged, undernourished and frankly dirty bunch, are climbing down and gathering round. One gap-toothed girl with a fine black eye pipes up, "You said yer killed old Bloo. What about Yargin, Giggles and Hookshanks? They sleep upstairs."


"Well you are in good company, Master Arramack, we all have an axe to grind with Lamm," Pierre says darkly. Pierre then turns to the kids.

"Head to the temple of Calistra and seek refuge, a woman by the name of Molly will tend to you. Tell her that Pierre sent you." Pierre steels himself for the fight ahead.

"Come, let's show Lamm the error of his ways."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Thank you, Sir," Kester says to Pierre. "Will they really take care of us?" He's clearly trying not to cry. Several of the others, particulary smaller or female ones, have lost that battle.

"Gather your stuff, Lambs. Let's try this temple.... er," (he turns to Risdin) "... may we keep the money you gave me?"


"Yes Kester, of course"

Risdin turns to the group,"We should not waste any more time", and he walks up the stairs and around to the west, hoping to walk around to the boat.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

To get to the boat, you will have to go outside and along that walkway round the south and east of the building... and I'm requiring a Balance check from everyone doing so, as it is very slippery and unstable.


Is it enough and can we take 10? With the shield on his back Shakhan would make 10 + 6 = 16 Otherwise, if rolling is required1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Similarly I would like to take 10 to get 14, otherwise my roll is 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 (lol)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

People who wish to take care, go slowly, hold on to the railing or the side of the building, etc., may take 10.


Shakhan growls quietly at stepping forward carefully. Gingerly placing feet and slowly making his way along the boardwalk. "Lamm had better be here..."

Presumably Shakhan will not be in front all-said-and-done given his plodding progress. Whoever wants to take the lead is welcome. I hope Shakhan won't have to try to break down any doors while standing on this rickety risk to life and limb.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Balance is Acrobatics now

Una looks around, trying to find something to climb across instead of balance on.

Are the windows to the east large enough to squeeze through?


Pierre will begin to make his way across. Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Risdin tentatively moves along the walkway, following the others. He tries to hold on to the railing as he moves across the dangerous parts.

Result: 14 (10 + 4)


Male Human Rogue (1)

Vic listens while Shakhan and the new guy Risdin fill them in on what’s happened in the rest of the fishery. Apparently charging in head first worked out for the best. It goes contrary to everything he was ever taught but…goes to show, you never know, in this world.

Stepping up to the walkway, Vic stretches his arms to limber up before making his way nimbly yet carefully across. And lets try to stick together this time…

I guess Vic can take the lead going over as he probably has the best Acrobatics skill. Take 10 + 7 = 17. Perception check if needed for when they make it to the other side 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6. Stealth check as Vic would prefer to proceed quietly once they board 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg follows close behind Vic. He now feels that things will be resolved quickly one way or another, so he takes the time to cast Mage Armor before proceeding.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Acrobatics (Just in case taking 10 doesn't work)

But hopefully it does :-(.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

You all make your way cautiously along the slippery boardwalk. Pierre slithers a bit, mostly because he was trying to demonstrate his superior balance and not hold on, but you all reach the corner and round it, being able to take a good look at the ship for the first time.

It's obvious that it will never sail again. The rotten deck of the ancient barge seems to be barely intact, its hull worn and thick with seaweed and barnacles. The barge is held together primarily by the layers of old rope that lash it securely to the pilings that support the fishery and the nearby boardwalk. A single wooden door leading into the aft cabin bears a crude painting of a red fish on its surface.


Risdin turns to Vic and quietly says,"Here's your chance, try and find a way into Lamm's hideout", and he points in the ship's direction.


Male Human Rogue (1)

Is there a ramp leading onto the ship’s deck? If so, I’ll have Vic use the Stealth roll I made above and attempt to quietly approach the cabin door and pick the lock, if it is locked. If there’s no rush I’ll take 20, otherwise 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16.

And that’s me for the next 15 hrs or so. I’ll insert the descriptive part into my next post later tonight.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Taking 10 on Balance check = 13

She looks at the side of the boat, wondering how easily it could be scaled.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Here's a revised map for you. The boardwalk is about deck level, giving a slightly awkward step over from 'walk to deck: not a problem it you're wearing normal adventurer's clothing, maybe a bit difficult if in a long flowing dress or smaller than Medium size.


Pierre keeps an eye out for any trouble, wary that Lamm may have laid out traps for any unwary lawbringers.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Risdin tippy-toes in almost a comical fashion after the boy who's trying to open the cabin door. He stands behind Vic with his axe drawn, and shifts his weight impatiently from foot to foot. "I'm good with locks you know", he whispers soon after.


hahaha@Risdin :D

Shakhan follows onto the ship, readying his shield and battleaxe. "If he's here, he's not getting away anymore; he better KNOW THAT I'M COMING FOR YOU LAMM!! YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!"


Oh, I should probably add, Shakhan isn't in general such a mad shouting berserker. He just feels *very* strongly about Lamm, and his hate occasionally goes beyond reason. He'll probably become more mundanely barbarous later on :)


Male Human Rogue (1)

It’s fine by me. Vic’s internal grumbling is just me writing his character. I have to imagine someone whose skill lies mostly in doing things quietly and unobserved wouldn’t fully appreciate the ‘go through the front door with an axe while screaming wildly’ approach. :)

Vic steps over onto the ship’s deck, feeling the rotted boards creak under his weight. Clearly Lamm doesn’t spend his earnings on lavish living. The young thief pulls out his picks again and begins calmly working at this latest lock, Risdin looming impatiently behind him while Shakhan shouts loud enough to inform any local fishermen still at the sea about their business.

Yeah, I’ve, ah, got a feeling Lamm might know you’re coming by now. I’ve got a feeling people two blocks over know by this point… He frowns as what’s really been bugging him are the lack of, well, problems so far. This all just seems way too easy to me…not that I’m complaining but…


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg watching as the others board the boat looks at Shakhan in disgust.
"If Lamm escapes it's probably because he could hear us coming a mile away". "I understand your rage, but please take it out when we finally find him".


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una scans the visible horizons, looking for any suspect movement.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 20

"If Lamm had tried to escape, we would have seen something by now. Unless he was never here to begin with."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Una notices a rough-looking gnome watching from the shore (by the warehouse to the south).

Vic, given the racket Shakhan's making, you rush your lockpicking and fail. So, you take a deep breath and settle down to do the job calmly (i.e. take 20 over it).

Any actions from anyone before I let Vic open the door?


No, I think you can open it.


Fine by me :) let us at the damn rat


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Not feeling totally confident, Hytogg will stay outside and keep an eye on the warehouse to make sure nothing comes out and traps them. "If you have needs of magical assistance just call and I'll come running", He tells the group.
He will stay close to the door but not go in.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Vic pops the lock with ease once he settles to concentrate on it.

The air in this room is thick and musty. Thick sheets of cobwebs hang from the walls and mounds of blankets, cushions, and straw clutter the floor. A narrow flight of stairs leads down to the south into the ship’s hold.

Map

Who's going in?

(Apart from Hytogg, who has already indicated that he wants to stay out in the open on watch - and may make a Perception check.)


Risdin gives Vic a pat on the back and says,"Doesn't look like his hole just yet, lemme make sure it's safe", and he squeezes past the rogue and silently (taking 10 gives 14) moves toward the flight of stairs. He readies his axe for anything that might need chopping in half.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Risdin: You enter the cabin very quietly and move towards the stairs.

Suddenly something small jumps down from the ceiling landing on your shoulder and biting your neck...

May I have a fortitude save and your action, please


"By the fathers beard!"

Fort:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Risdin steps forward and swings behind him, hoping to hit whatever lurks in the darkness.

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage:1d12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

As she makes her way on deck to follow the men into the boat, she takes a look at Hytogg.

"By the way, we have an audience."

She points with her chin towards the abandoned warehouse to the south.

Risdin, not trying to be a rules lawyer here, but are you accounting for armor check penalty with your dex checks?


Pierre follows those who enter the small room. He doesn't initiate combat, unless attacked. Should someone take damage that requires healing, he will use a cure light wounds to heal them.

I would prefer it if the recipient rolls healing. Going to be babysitting tonight so please continue to use this set of actions until I return tomorrow.

151 to 200 of 6,056 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.