Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


1,901 to 1,950 of 5,988 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I can think of no other unbiased source. I am still not long in this place. If the clergy have no vested interest in Miss Sabor's guilt or innocence, then they would be the best choice.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe nods in reply, "Other than finding out that the true guilty person responsible for bringing about the untimely death of such an important monarch is brought to justice, I can fathom no other ulterior motive they might have. I'm familiar with the church... they save their zealous pursuit for those who try to unnaturally prolong life beyond its natural end."

Ashe recollects, "A Priest of PHARASMA saved my life before I was born. Some adventurers had disturbed a forgotten sunken pirate ship and awakened a crew of wights. The Wights began plaguing Korvosa many years back... and on their last night raid my mother... pregnant with me was abducted for some dark ritual. Father never explained what it was... but he girded himself for battle and gave pursuit with a trio of clerics of PHARASMA when no others would assist. Unfortunately, two of the clerics were slain in their pursuit and battle with the pirate wight crew and my father battled the Pirate Wight Captain on the verge of draining the life from my mother and myself. The remaining cleric of PHARASMA, Meister Turnabold, seized my mother's arm as the wight Pirate Captain held on to her other trying to finish whatever foul ritual he was at. Even as my father ran the wight pirate captain through with his bastard sword the meister called upon the 'Lady of Graves' and channeled pure positive energy into my mother to save her life at the same time the wight Pirate Captain was trying to drain her life and mine. The wight was destroyed and though weakened... my mother lived. Seemingly no permanent damage was done to my mother... but I was born with this crown of snowy hair. Any hair I have is this same hue it never looses its color... and dyes do not work. Meister Turnabold told my mother that I was blessed by the goddess' mercy. I miss him... he died a few years back from old age... but he was a kindly... grandfatherly man. But his wisdom seems to be true as anyone I touch who is near dying... I can seemingly miraculously stabilize them from slipping into death's final embrace. Meister Turnabold called it a 'Sacred Touch' of divine mercy. Trust me on this... the Clerics of PHARASMA are impartial and fair in their pursuit of those guilty of ending life... before its due time!"

[OOC: LOL! Been waiting FOREVER to tell that tale! lol!]


Chatterbeak, having received an emotive message from his master, was able to figure out that he was to follow the sniper lady, whom was thoroughly impressing him with her agility.
Once she had finally alluded the Hellknights and said her farewell to the young one, the bird approached,

Chatterbeak has new name for you. Roof runner. Lady was VERY good at jumping through air like that. Stupid metal man died chasing you. Chatterbeak thinks you would make a good flier if Roof runner finds some wings. Master is worried for you, felt it, I did. So watch you I have. Does Roof runner want Chatterbeak to take her to Master?He is this way.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Trinia listens wide-eyed to Ashe's story.

"That would make a wonderful painting..." she breathes.

"And in the meantime, if it would set your mind to rest as to my complete innocence, I am willing to attend on the priests and submit to their ritual."

DM says: Nice tale, Ashe!


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una does her best to smile at the lad. She had not smiled much since Colin's death. A few times she allowed herself to. Victory was one of those times.

"Well run! You didn't beat me, but you helped me. And that still deserves a prize in my opinion."

She fishes out and hands 10 silver pieces to the boy. "Don't spend these all in one place."

As the obnoxious bird comes into view, Una rolls her eyes and turns towards the creature.

"Alright then, take me to him, but be quiet about it."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Thank you," says Dion, looking a bit surprised. "I'm sure some of the youngsters hereabouts will welcome some pies and pastries... and whenever you wish to come and 'run with us, you will be welcome. Nice bird. Is he yours?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe goes a little wide-eyed at Trina's remark and blushes... his thoughts racing, {Er... I didn't mean to brag... but it sort of feels like I was...}

Ashe swallows, "... well... I'm sure its not all that amazing... after all it was nothing I did. But, I thank you for your complement ma'am. I'm glad you agree with my intentions. I never doubted your innocence. Now we should get moving on to get this done as quickly as possible."

Ashe glances nervously at his hand holding Trina's and can feel himself trembling slightly.

{FOCUS, you wool-head... yes she's lovely and yes holding her hand feels really nice... get the task done... she probably already has someone in her life... stop being an idiot!}

Ashe leads the way heading south to the South Shore entrance into the Grey District gate and the Grand Cathedral of PHARASMA.

[OOC: Thanks Megs, hope it was not too 'over-the-top'!]


Sense Motive 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

"Sheesh kid," Shakhan ruffles Ashe's hair a bit, "what's with the blush? If the Field Marshall hears you going sweet on the girl, you'll be off the job. You've taken lots of noble girls to the balls and things, didn't you? Keep it together." He adds in a mock-conspiratorial whisper to Trinia, "But don't let that stop you, I've heard tell that Ashe here is quite versed at laying on hands."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe flashes Shakhan an embarrassed scowl, but says nothing continuing on to the Grey District.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Trinia looks somewhat startled and flustered as what is going on in Ashe's head penetrates her concern at her own situation. Which beflustered state has the expected effect on poor Ashe's composure...

The wall surrounding Grey and the looming cathedral soon come into sight.

Meanwhile, Una and Chatterbeak come through the streets by other routes towards the same place. (Not sure what Majenko's doing...?)

And at this point, a tremendous downpour begins. This has the useful effect of clearing the streets of all but the most dedicated rioters... heck, even the Hellknights are having second thoughts!.... but is none too pleasant for you on foot let along on the wing!


Pseudodragon ; +2Intv; +6Per; AC17/ FF16/ T14; HP 16/16, F+4/R+5/W+4

Majenko follows Chatterbox dutifully, keeping pace with the feathered companion.

He is still pondering Ashe's words about not 'Returning Hurtful words for hurtful words...', and simply contents himself being ready to quietly be available to assist... if needed. Not exactly sure what to make of the arguments that erupted and then so quickly were disarmed and ended by Ashe's reserve... even though very little {to him, at least}, was resolved.

{'Humans are just strange'} was the only conclusion he could come to.

The sudden downpour of rain was accepted... Majenko's leather wing caring little for wet or dry... but it did make his senses dull for the air around him was full of falling drops of water making his natural preternaturally acute senses and Blind-sense fuzzy... which was an annoyance.

Quickly he sought to return to Ashe and hopefully the dry...less cluttered air-space of inside a building.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg grumbles to himself as he stomps along with the group, deftly avoiding the worst of the gathering puddles. He is silently glad that they have accomplished their mission, though he would rather be at home in hi study, pondering some of his religious texts. Still, if the team had needed him he had been there. Very unselfish of me I think.

The rift that seemed to be developing among his friends concerned him somewhat, but not enough to get involved...yet.

Hytogg almost casually occasionally casts a small cantrip to dry his hair, and clothes from the increasing downpour.

"Let's get out of this downpour, before we drown".


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel, Relieved to see both Una and Chatterbeak returned unharmed sighs and calls the bird back to his shoulder. Best not leave him with Una too long

He could understand her dislike for his Familiar. Ineed Varrel was not overly fond of the raven himself. His relationship with the bird was developed out of a slaves loneliness. After so many years of servitude, Varrel had wanted an aspect of his life that his masters did not control. He would save what scraps he could to feed the loud and annoying bird that often came round the kitchen in the mornings. How his master hated the constant cawing whenever the bird was around. Varrel loved seeing the bird flying wherever it wished but still, it would return for food.

With the unlocking of his gifts and the knowledge of creating a Familiar in his mind, the bird seemed an obvious choice. Perhaps a less VOCAL choice would have been better, but Chatterbeak was learning to quiet himself.

Seeing Hytogg cast, Varrel follows suit on himself, then Una, Trinia, Ashe and Shaktan unless they object.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

In the gray light around them, swiftly darkening in the torrent of water from the heavens, the Grey District was aptly named. Una kept an eye on the roads and crowds around them (if any), but relied on the natural disguise that the darkening of hair that water can provide for those fleeing predators.

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


"heh, handy," Shakhan scowls when his hair gets ruffled through but also gets dried. "Let's get this rescue concluded; I think things could've gotten pretty lively." He sounds a little disappointed that they didn't, "so let's get this over with quickly."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe nods his head appreciatively, "Thank you Master Hytogg..."

Majenko swoops in to perch upon Ashe's shoulder also basking in the magic to dry himself and eyes Trina with curiosity.

Ashe reaches up to scratch the dragon between his wings eliciting a series of pleasurable trills from the dragon, "Thank you for your help my friend Majenko."

With the party regrouped Ashe continues on at a steady but unhurried pace Trina at his side. Leaving the broad streets of The Heights he leads the party into the South Shore District along the main thoroughfare due south. South Shore is the Newest district officially added to Korvosa. South Shores population consists mainly of the city's nouveau riche hoping to escape the cramped conditions elsewhere in the city. On the right is the Green-painted, domed building that glitters like a giant emerald in the sun - The Jade Circle. Banners of Korvosa's oldest noble houses wave on poles jutting from the second open air balcony. The famous teahouse issuing a cacophony of scents and delicate delights. Ashe passes it by heading down the broad avenue or new expensive buildings toward the Massive Octagonal white-marbled ediface of the Pantheon of Many shrine. This massive building dominates the city scape of this portion of Korvosa as it contains 17 different shrines to the major deities of Golarion... including some evil ones. But at the wide plaza containing the Temple Ashe takes a sharp left turn heading toward the high walled entrance in the distance to the Grey District. Passing along the broad Avenue the gate to the Gold Ward of the Grey District comes into view. Indeed there are portcullis and thick walls that make this District seem more of a fortress than the grand cemetery its supposed to be. The Gold Ward is the first entered after passing the gate into the Grey District. Dozens of elaborate mausoleums and crypts of varying size are arrayed in this ward the final resting places of nobility and royalty. But easily seen in the short distance ahead is the Grand Cathedral of PHARASMA. The largest building in the Sepulcher ward. The Grand Cathedral acts as a barracks, temple and keep. Its high, black-marble walls contain few windows (more on the second floor than the first, but even those are mostly just arrow slits). The Grand Cathedral has served as a secure location multiple times, and despite a half-dozen sieges by undead, it has yet to fall.

[OOC: Just giving descriptions of the journey... feel free to keep Role-playing until Megan moves us along.]

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The Cathedral is a welcome blaze of light, it appears that the place is full of worshippers, and as you approach choral music can be heard. A notice on the door proclaims a festival celebrating the lives of those who have passed on during the year and inviting everybody who has lost someone this last twelvemonth to come and join the throng.

A black-and-silver robed woman stands at the door.

"Welcome, friends... we have only just begun, do come in. Is there anyone in particular that you wish to remember with us today?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel remains rearguard. Again, cursing himself for the old habit. He was NOT beholden to any of these people, but still he remained silent, muzzled like any slave who would not dare speak before given call by his master. It was always bloody Ashe, who made him feel this way. He had no such problems around Una, Shaktan or Hytogg. Only the Noble born Whiteplume. This was not Ashe's fault. He was true of heart and a friend. It was Varrel's own weakness. Over a century of servitude, would, apparently, be hard to forget.

He steals a quick glance towards Una, drawing a bit of strength from the woman's beauty and notion of freedom her spirit represented. Here was a woman who embodied all the traits he'd wished he possessed. Wit, Self-Assurance and fierce independence. He was glad he knew her and hopefully if he could overcome his doubts and really TALK to her one of these days, she could become a true friend and confidant. If she was willing, perhaps more. He looks away as soon as her eyes turn towards him.

DC 20 Perception:
You notice Varrel's eyes flit from Ashe and the acolyte, some discomfort apparent in his features, then towards Una, and he visibly relaxes before quickly looking away


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe bows deeply in respectful regard to the Acolyte.

"Well met to you as well, Acolyte of 'THE LADY'. I'm sure my mother Lady Anica ‘Sarah’ Whiteplume-Stolyarev is already preparing the 'Night of the Pale Feast' in memory of my Father Sir Thomas Whiteplume of House Endrin who like many of that great house has expended his life in the service of Korvosa now some 13 years past - as she does every year. She will be cross with me if I should miss it... but I'm sure at this time in Korvosa's distress... a prayer of supplication for our recently... deceased Monarch King Eodred Arabasti II would seem appropriate and not opposed by my companions for my part. Though indeed our presence here does indeed concern the deceased Monarch's untimely end if a Temple Cleric of the Lady would be kind enough to entreat our request for assistance."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Perhaps it is the fact that Varrel is at the back of the party it has missed Ashe's attention the effect the strength of his personality has upon his friend the Elven Magus and the subtle clues of his attraction to Una as Ashe prides himself on caring about the happiness of those around him... perhaps it is the young woman at his side that has dulled his sensitivity to only regard her presence that so turns his emotions to turmoil...

[OOC: By the Way Megan... Ashe's father is only presumed dead... his body was never recovered and a demise was his expected fate. But that is not confirmed... at some point I will post what Ashe knows of his father's end... feel free to use that for future events in the series if you deem them something interesting to add! :)]

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"All the priests are engaged in the festival service right now, but if you do not wish to join us in worship you may wait in an antechamber until the service is over and consult with one then. Is there anyone you have in mind - I shall let them know as soon as possible that they are needed - or will any priesthood holder do?" says the acolyte, stepping back to allow you to enter.

The porch is full of cloaks, exuding an air of dampness. Two young boys are sweeping up the last of the mud that's been tracked in by late arrivals.

Majenko:
You, dear pseudodragon, have noticed both the Ashe/Trinia interaction and the way in which Varrel is eyeing Una... it's quite amusing how these humanoids carry on, neh?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una frowns a little at Ashe, who has already given away too much information in such a public place.

"We would prefer to meet with the priest most capable of discretion. As you might already realize, this is a delicate matter, and the nature of our inquiry requires secrecy."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe smiles at the Acolyte adding to Una's comment, "Yes, this is a delicate matter... merely a priest of unquestionable character is required initially. We will leave it to his or her discretion if they feel the matter is important enough to bring to a higher ranking clergy or to the attention of the Bishop herself. We will wait for your services to be completed, Thank you."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Unless you have a real passion for the finer points of Pharasma ceremonial, we'll fast-forward to the end of the service...

Once the ritual is complete and the last note has died away, you are ushered in to see the Bishop, who is divesting himself of the complex ceremonial vestments used for high festivals with the aid of a young man, who is draping the garments over a tailor's dummy in a corner of the Bishop's study.

He turns at your entry, annoyed at the disturbance... until he sees who it is.

"Ah, how pleasant to see you again. No daggers that turn into snakes I trust this time? Eternal peace be with you...". The last stole removed, he dons a plain rusty black gown and sits behind his desk. (Which conveniently bears a brass nameplate - 'Bishop Keppira d'Bear' - just in case you've forgotten his name!)

"Can I get you anything? Me, a glass of goat milk and some cookies go down a treat after a festal service." He gestures towards his attendant, who asks if he can fetch you any refreshments before bolting off to attend to the Bishop's needs.

"Much as it is a pleasure to see you, Deacon Phillida tells me that you have a delicate matter to discuss. How may I, or the Church, assist you?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

In the pause of the moment, Una sighs a sigh of relief at having to not hear Pharasma's name pronounced in Ashe's typical overly imperialistic tone. She looks around carefully before revealing the plot, however.

"Basically we need a divination or two cast. We have questions about the death of the king. And someone who might be able to help shed some light on the subject."

She leans back against the wall casually as she gestures towards the rest of her companions.

"I'm sure they can fill you in on what exactly we're looking for."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe steps forward, "Greetings to you as well Bishop d'Bear, no... no evil snake-transmogrifying daggers this time. May Honor Guard and Guide you as well!, Ashe smiles but his embarrassment at the attack upon the Bishop's person still a failure on his heart and the smile does not touch his eyes.

"Thank you for taking your time to see us Bishop d'Bear. I'm glad you will hear us out for your reputation and character are above question. You may have heard the rumors spreading through the city that the Murderer of King Eodred has been identified. We were visited by Marshal Kroft today at our very residence that a plot was 'uncovered' at Castle Korvosa that a guardsman and one of the court attendees conspired to poison King Eodred. The Guardsman confessed and named his conspirator... then 'somehow' was allowed to throw himself from the battlements of Castle Korvosa committing suicide. Marshal Kroft found the situation... to say the least very suspicious and requested we apprehend the guardsman's accomplish before mob rule, over-eager Hellknights or Korvosan Guardsman killed the conspirator before the facts could be established. That conspirator - in fact named the as the killer was one Trina Sabor... a bard and painter who had been commissioned by King Eodred to paint his portrait. This young woman was known to frequent the castle many times and was paid well for her services and is suspected to have been the one with the most contact with the King ere his untimely death. We agreed to the Marshall's request and sought the young woman out. However, when we did find this woman she professed her innocence and claimed she was being framed for unknown reasons. Seeing as if this is the case turning her over to the courts might allow the real killer to escape if what she says is true and allow two injustices to be done. I proposed that if what she says is true would she be willing to submit to unbiased questioning under the effects of s Discern Lies miracle to prover her innocence... she agreed. And here we are... I'm sure you would be very interested in seeing that the actual guild parties responsible for the untimely death of our Monarch are brought to justice."

Turning Ashe presents Trina Sabor, "This is miss Trina Sabor. I detect no evil upon her and would ask you be willing to seek the truth about her involvement in the king's death... if there is any."

Glancing Hytogg's direction, "Master Hytogg... a detect magic spell if you will...?"

Then looking Trina in the eye his voice softening with compassion, "Miss Sabor would you please remove any magic you possess and drop any active spells you are currently under the effects of... we want no doubts as to if you may have been able to somehow fool the Bishop's miracle."

Turning back to the Bishop, "It might also be even more informative if you honored Bishop might request the body of the suicide guardsman to see to its proper disposal... but then also speak with dead on the corpse to learn why he would so accuse Miss Sabor of this crime... for she claims to not even know the man."

[OOC: By the way Meggan the Guide to Korvosa says that Bishop Keppira d'Bear is a {N, female human cleric of Pharasma 13), High priest of Pharasma. Does the Adventure Path say different? If so forgive me if I slip and call him a her occasionally... hard habit to break - when I keep seeing the image of Pharasma in the "Gods & Magic Book" and think of all of her clergy as women. lol!]

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Trinia reaches inside her tunic - revealing a glint of a chain shirt beneath - and pulls out a handful of potion bottles and a wand.

"These potions and this wand of daze monster are all the magical items I own," she says, passing them to Hytogg. "Please may I have them back eventually. The potions are cat's grace, jump and three of shield of faith, if you're interested, nothing untoward but they give me an edge when shingle running."

Hytogg:
Assuming you cast detect magic on her, she is telling the truth and bears no other magical items.

The Bishop - who has by now been served her milk and cookies - listens to Ashe closely.

"Interesting... so this is the young woman. Thank you for bringing her here, I expect we can give her a more fair hearing than she would receive at Court. Your thought about the remains of the guardsman are valid, although whether they will permit it I do not know. One can but try... In the meantime, Miss Sabor, will you be willing to remain here?"

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, I thought the bishop was a bloke... gender isn't something I find that important actually :) It doesn't make any difference to her capabilities or office, anyway! The AP doesn't mention the Bishop at all.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una shrugs haphazardly.

"If she's not, I know of a few places in the city where we can hide her. But I leave that up to her. This place has stout walls, but can the temple protect her if the law gets hairy?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I agree, impartial, you may be, but do the guard have powers of arrest within these walls? I mean, we still need the miracles to determine her innocence or guilt. After that, if Miss Sabor is guilty the course is obvious. If she is innocent, where to keep her is an issue.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe forstalls his friends with a raised hand, "Ah. No discussion of where you decide to sequester Miss Sabor should you need to hide her... that way... I honestly will not know where you have taken her... when I - alone go to report our findings to Marshal Kroft."

Ashe lowers his eyes, "What I do not know... I cannot be... coerced to reveal. If after this questioning it is determined that Miss Sabor is telling the truth... you would all do well to wait here no more than a hour for my return from meeting Marshal Kroft. If I do not return... assume the worse and... take any necessary measures you deem appropriate. I will not lie... but I will try to conceal your involvement."

Turning to Miss Sabor but not meeting her eyes,"uhm... of course Milady. Should your truth be verified... as I personally have no doubt it will be, your possessions are your and will be returned."

Then looking at the Bishop, "Milady Bishop... might I be given a writing desk a quill and a bit of parchment to write a missive to my family. They must be informed to disavow me as a hated traitor to the crown should... I be arrested for conspiracy with an accused Assassin."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Hopefully it will not come to that, friend. Sending you would invite trouble since you will not lie. Let's determine Miss Sabor's guilt or innocence first. Madam Bishop, if you will?

Varrel pauses and his face grows very dark.
Or does the church wish a DONATION for it's services?

As a spellcaster and slave, Varrel has never had any opportunity to charge for casting. As much as his freedom and opportunities meant to him, the idea of withholding an easily cast spell from someone with need was abhorrent to him.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Right," says the Bishop. "If you, Miss Sabor, would take the seat directly in front of me please, and the rest of you stand back and be as prayerful or at least respectful as you can manage..."

She stands up, and there's no mistaking the authority of her position, even if all the fancy robes are hanging on the tailor's dummy in the corner.

"I, Keppira Annabyl d'Bear, by right of authority duly conferred by the ordinances of the church, call on Pharasma's wisdom to discern truth from lies... Miss Sabor, did you kill the King?"

A pale golden glow surrounds Trinia, as she gulps visibly.

"No, Milady," she whispers.

"Do you know who did kill him?"

"No, Milady."

"Were you aware that anyone was attempting to kill him?"

"No, Milady."

"Do you know the guard who has accused you of this crime?"

"No, Milady." The glow shimmers slightly and darkens, growing more red.

"Think carefully, child. Did you know this guard?"

"Um... I think, maybe by sight. He hung around of an evening. Made excuses to be where his duty did not call him to be. Had, um... well, he tried making, er, improper suggestions..." The glow fades and steadies back to pale gold, as Trinia dissolves into sobs.

"So, there you have it," the Bishop says, seating herself again. "This young lady had no hand in the murder of the King. I shall send word to Palace and Guard, and offer her sanctuary here if she so wishes until they have acknowledged that the accusations are false."

She smiles.

"And I require no payment or donations for doing my civic duty, young elf. Where have you been, to have such a mercenary attitude?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel looks at the Bishop and there is an apology in his eyes.

I am from Cheliax.

Varrel will not elaborate further, he had neither the time nor inclination to explain his past again.

Asherick, if you would conclude any business you have with the Bishop. Trinia and the rest of us need to talk.

Varrel moves by the door to await the others. Truly he wanted to include the Paladin, he knew the city and was a decent strategist, when not blinded by his honour. They needed to hide Trinia and doing so may require direct deceit to the authorities. He didn't want to, but these were desperate times. The city was in turmoil and he'd seen to many die on the whims of those in power. The queen didn't know it yet but her false accusations upon this woman had put her on Varrels radar.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe listens to the procedure with expectant interest, and his hopes are fulfilled.

Stepping to Trina's side he places a hand of comfort gently on her shoulder his voice tender, "There now, Miss Sabor... I needed no further proof than the truth I heard in your heart-spoken words, but now solid verified testimony is on your side, please don't cry. We will spread word of your innocence with the authority of the church of PHARASMA behind it."

Turning to Bishop d'Bear, "Thank you most sincerely milady Bishop for helping us bring this truth to verified light. Can you provide 'True Sanctuary' from the Korvosan Guard or... more importantly the will of the Queen for Miss Sabor here? Or do you think it wiser we hide her somewhere... less prominent? It is not our wish to make trouble for you or your congregation."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Aargh. Got by the PostMonster :)

Trinia leans into Ashe's hand, looking up with wide green eyes.

"Thank you," she whispers, "I just knew that I could count on you to sort things out."

"Hmmm," muses the Bishop. "I am prepared to offer Miss Sabor sanctuary here, but in these uncertain times, although I hope none would desecrate the Cathedral by forcing their way in to her, I cannot be certain that they will not. She may be safer if she were to disappear from sight until her name is cleared officially. As I said, I shall send word to the authorities right away, and am ready to bear witness as needed."

She leans back and regards Varrel.

"As for you, my son, it would seem that times have been hard for you. If you ever wish counsel, my door is always open to you."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Thank-you Bishop, I will remember.

Varrel had not expected to give away so much, the woman was either very perceptive or his inner flaws were not nearly as hidden as he'd hoped.
He waits, hoping the others might join him...


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una swings her crossbow over her shoulder as she stands back up from the wall.

"Swell. Shall we go now?"


Shakhan rests his axe against his right leg, one lazy hand grazing the shaft. He looks up as Una approaches, "We done then?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe looks into Trina's beautiful emerald eyes and almost involuntarily leans close to her face only a couple of feet away... the urge to kiss her nearly overwhelming his reason as his heart races.

But Ashe stops short, and lowers his gaze ~ a flush of shame upon his face, "I... I'm... glad I could be of assistance Trina... come we must take you someplace safe to hide."

His mind reeling, {I... I think I'm smitten over this woman. Oh goddess... please calm my heart!}

Ashe looks over at his companions and nods, "Lead on.. we'll follow."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Not waiting for the bishops reply and not really wanting to leave her here anyway, Varrel looks to Una as they all walk out together. He waits until they are outside the Cathedral before speaking.
He heads in the direction of Hytogg's House though he is actually unsure of the destination. It is fortunate Ashe and Trina walk a little behind, Varrel keeps his voice low so the Paladin cannot here.

Well my friends, this is your city. Where should we keep miss Sabor? Certainly away from Ashe's presence and knowledge. I am not even sure if we should report to the Marshall at all. Perhaps go to ground until the mob lust recedes or get her out of the city altogether?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"We're already contracted. Its bad business to act against a contract."

OOC: A little slip into the Lawful alignment, I know, but I think it makes sense for her character.

Una counts a few places off her fingers. "The Warehouse district. Hire a boat, or in the poorer districts. But we'd have to have Trina use a disguise in most of those places. Its likely that the poorer districts will be searched first, but these are usually so disorganized and unclean that no one can do anything there."

She shrugs to herself. "Any ideas, Trina?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe holds back looking... for the first time uncertain.

He addresses them all, "What are we going to do about Marshall Kroft? Unlike you... I'm known here in Korvosa... I have a home and family. None of you are natives... you can move to any location and hide should you be sought. Even if I do not go home, my home and family are known to the Marshal and the Queen. If you intend to hide Trina... which I agree is the just thing to do, when word from the Bishop reaches the authorities... should they prove unreasonable... if they cannot find us... they can find my family. So for their sake and Trina's... I must go to the Marshal and present our case... at least they will be able to prosecute me instead of my mother and sister. If they do not have me in custody they may well harm my family if I do not do something to forestall them."

He pauses letting his words sink in.

"I will wait an hour and write a message to my mother then I will go to the Marshal. It is best I not know where you are going with Trina. The Marshal is not a fool... even if the Bishop does not mention us... the Marshal will be seeking us to learn what we discovered in our actions. Should we all suddenly vanish... it will be obvious we are somehow involved... which again will lead them to my mother and sister. I'll send Majenko with you - send him to my home... which he knows where it is, to seek me in three hours. If things do not go badly... I'll be found there and he can take me to wherever you are concealing Trina. If not... well... best of fortune be with you."

Ashe turns his gaze away from Trina... the longing in his heart to hold her... painful.

His piercing blue eyes swirl with grim thoughts, {"Honor is heavier than all the mountains of the world... Death is a light as a feather... one life lost or risked is better than to stand by while injustice is allowed. Mother will not agree - She will insist my life is more important than some falsely accused woman or some principle!! I will have to send a message or there will be an argument and she... may sabotage my efforts. Mother is not a 'passive' woman. Goddess give me courage to do what is just!"}

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Trinia looks around the group, particularly at the tall, white-haired man.

"Perhaps it would be better if I accepted the Bishop's offer of sanctuary. I could not bear for any of you good people - or worse, your families - to suffer on my account. Surely even those who'd spread foul lies would hesitate to attack a major religion..."


"I wouldn't discount the Field Marshall," Shakhan notes, "I expect she's been anticipating such a situation. She doesn't want a fall man - or woman as it may be - she wants to do it by the book. That would involve ensuring Trinia's safety right now, so I expect she has ideas on how to cope. Perhaps she'd want to call on that other man. Who was he... Ven... Vencarlo. Orsini."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Yes. The Marshall was willing to look past my background when she met me. We'd be taking a risk on her character though. Who is this Vencarlo?


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

"I say let the church keep watch over her for now, then we can report to The Marshall, and get her input".


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"He did seem to be a man of some authority." Una nods to Shakhan. "It's possible he could protect her if he is not beholden to the military."


"Don't know that much about him, he's pretty famous, runs that dueling school," Shakhan offers, "the Marshall seems to trust him."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

"Not just the Military. What's his loyalty to the Queen like? A man of means and ability would be a good choice, IF we can trust him..."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Vencarlo's salle des armes is in Old Korvosa, if you are thinking of going to call upon him.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe listens to all the points made pondering them all.

"All very good and valid points... I guess it really comes down to what do you want us to do for you... Miss Sabor?"

"This Vencarlo does seem to have the confidence of Marshal Kroft... and Marshal Kroft has proven herself to be a honorable and just woman. Where do you wish us to take you... or would you prefer to accept Bishop d'Bear's sanctuary here?"

Turning back to his companions, "...I also assume we do indeed intend to confront Marshal Kroft with our findings... do we send her a message or who do we decide takes the... 'potential' risk of a face-to-face meeting with the Marshal?"

1,901 to 1,950 of 5,988 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.