Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


1,751 to 1,800 of 6,033 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

No worries.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

I was hoping Shakhan would step in to finish the interesting conversation we started.


Shakhan grins as the hyperactive bird scoots past them. Something about thatbundle of feathery chaos left a calm and soothing center inside Shakhan. Strange how that sometimes works. He returns his attention to Una, lacking her sophistication and ease of parley he nonetheless enjoys her more down to earth and real conversation. Ashe, Varrel and Hytogg were just too... out of touch for his liking.

"hrmph, whenever one of those nobs stubs a toe or gets the sniffles we have to bathe it out. bah. They can keep their pomp and ideas to themselves."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

If you are ready, then... (although there's been some good character-building role-play going on!)

It has been weeks since Eodred II's death, and things are finally starting to get back to normal in Korvosa. Yet still the streets thrum with unrest and wild rumours. Crime seems to be on the rise, with pickpocketings, robberies, and assaults skyrocketing. Some still hiss "usurper" and "murdering harlot" at the mere utterance of Ileosa's name, and more shockingly, rumours that the king's death was not of natural causes seem to be increasing.

One such rumour, every time you hear it there's more detail, concerns an artist who'd been painting the king's portrait in the couple of months before he died. She was quite an attractive young lady by the name of Trinia Sabor. Apparently she visited the king several times in his private chambers, the last time being the night before he died, and some say she'd been acting rather oddly around the Castle. Of course, some of this may be due to her innocent eyes, golden hair, and lithe frame which set all the castle guards gawking and murmuring as she came and went... well, they are flesh and blood after all! Even Eodred was said to appreciate her appearance...

Queen Ilosa, as you can imagine, is none too pleased by all this and has been questioning the Castle guards personally. Opinions are mixed about this in places such as the Sword and Board tavern, where the Korvosan Guard officers often hang out. Is this really appropriate behaviour for a Queen? Or ought she to request an official investigation rather than conducting her own?

The latest word is even more eyebrow-raising. Apparently Ilosa personally questioned one young Guardsman who claimed that he was part of the young painter's plot and saw her slipping a specially prepared poison powder into Eodred's tea the night he took ill and her portrait of him was completed! A city-wide search was ordered immediately for her, and in the meantime the Guardsman threw himself to his death off of the Castle ramparts. The city is again in turmoil, now crying for the death of the King's murderer.

As word of Trinia's supposed regicide spreads, you are contacted by a breathless Korvosan Guard bearing a message: Field Marshal Cressida needs to speak with you immediately, and should be arriving in a few moments...

This message reaches each of you wherever you are, but the Field Marshal is apparently coming to Hytogg's house.


"These rumors about the artist are just getting wilder and wilder. Did you hear the one about her being able to hold a squat for over an hour? That sort of talent is wasted on drawing a king - she should've been working at the All the World's Needs," Shakhan grins that slightly stupid smile that he has when his mind is addled by lust.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

If these rumors are indeed true, Shaktan, that particular talent may have been employed in getting close to Eroded. Was he not known for being a womaniser? It would not be the first time an assassin has used the bedroom to get close to a man.

Varrel then smiles and jokingly adds,
Besides, that one must be false, for surely if any woman in Korvosa was capable of such a feat, Shaktan would know about it, eh?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe frowns at the message recieved at his family estate reading it again to make sure he understood the missive aright.

Grimly he dresses for 'business as usual', encased in his ornate full plate, weapons and adventuring gear... <DAUNTLESS HEART> Sheathed at his side.

His tone clipped and curt, obvious worry in his deamenor, he bids his mother and sister to again... be wary and roam not about the streets of Korvosa. He feels great injustice is afoot, even suggesting they keep their distance from any courtly functions until he gives them some cause for relief. His time among the Pathfinders dealing in intrigue and betrayal - setting off mental warning flags about the 'convenient' circumstances about which the King's murderer is now just being discovered and pursued. It smacks of coverup and miscarriage of justice to his reasoning. Best to be as far from such court intrigue as possible!

Ashe leaves out heading for Hytogg's abode.

He arrives, Majenko perched upon his armored shoulder. The rampant griffin figurine crest upon his visored helm and the large white plume of his old helm has been also placed upon his new armor. More completely covering his tall frame in metal... but if anything the fine suit of full heavy armor seems to restrict his movement even less than his old suit of banded mail. The Psuedodragon's Mark worn proudly upon his breast. There is no uncertainty in his step or weariness in his gait as the few days of rest from his return to Korvosa from his Pathfinder expeditions finds him well recovered.

Even Majenko is clad in soft leather 'barding' a Adventurer's "Sash" worn as a bandoleer across his tiny frame. His tail thrashing with joy and excitement to be afforded the status of fellow friend and adventurer by Ashe...

"Greetings my friends, I hope the day finds you all well... in spirit and health."

He enters the Hytogg's home with a smile for 'Master' Hytogg and waits for the Marshal's arrival.

"Does anyone else find it... suspicious... that now... weeks and weeks later after the King's death a 'alleged' conspirator to Murderer confesses and is 'conveniently' allowed to commit suicide after revealing the 'true' Assassin? And only the word of a dead man to convict her?"

Ashe listens to Varrel and comments, "Yes... King Eodred was a womanizer of the first order... which I'm for certain made his lovely Queen most angry for she has wanted his child scion and heir to secure her position as regent! But for the 'curse of the Crimson Throne' such would have been done. The Queen is not much older than I... and I have met her before in courtly setting. She... is a proud... and vain woman. Such attentions of the King I'm sure grated much upon her. But none and I mean NONE of the King's dalliances has ever complained of mistreatment surly none that would try to kill the aging monarch! Especially since how... unpopular the Queen in general seems to be None would readily seek to place her upon the throne by default."

Ashe sighs grimly.

"No. I sense a woman's vindictiveness and wounded pride in this accusation... and perhaps the mur~... 'accidental' or 'convenient' death of a guardsman to cover it up."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

"The Field Marshall is coming here". "The place is a mess". "Varrel, would you mind running down to Tosko's Treats, and pick up some of those delicious Buttered Yam pastries"? "Ashe, could you use that big feather duster on your armor to help dust". "Una, would you look under the cabinet in the Kitchen, and try to find matching cups for wine". "Oh dear, I hate surprise visitors"!.

Hytogg frantically dashes around the house working up a sweat, but abandoning each chore he starts as the idea of a new one enters his head. So really accomplishing nothing. Finally he just stops in the middle of the common room...looks down at his stained and tattered work robes...throws up his hands in a panic, and rushes off to his bed chamber to change into something more appropriate for guests.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe smiles at Hytogg's frantic dashing about.

He calmly walks over to the side pantry and taking up a broom begins calmly sweeping out the foyer and dining room.

Commenting absently, "... you know Hytogg... I'm pretty sure the Field Marshal is not coming by for a 'social call', what with how much energy and devotion she puts into her work. I'm sure she is only wishing to discuss matters she deems best spoken about in private away from listening ears..."

Ashe continues to sweep the dining room meticulously, un-phased by common laborer's work.

Even Majenko lends a hand... using his tail-stinger as he flutters about to remove spider-webs in the various corners of the room.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel sighs at Hytogg's panic and casts Prestidgiation a few times to clean the place up a bit.


"meh - there are easier ways to kill a king, no need to go out of your way. One of these will do," Shakhan nods to his axe. "But what are you trying to incite Ashe? The queen's been a blessing on Korvosa these past weeks. Do you have something substantial to accuse her like that? Last I heard things like that it was from a rabble rouser outside Kourt's avenue."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe continues his cleaning, but comments, "I am not inciting anything Shakhan. I am not in the city plaza decrying the faults of our queen. I am merely speaking my mind as my gut sees it in the private company of my confidants. I know well the faults of many nobles here in Korvosa... and our Queen. It has always been a frustration to her that she is distinctly disliked by the local nobility of Korvosa... her being from Cheliax proper! I would not put it past the Queen to use this situation to spite a young woman who caught the king's fancy. For it is no shock to me... there are nobles in Korvosa who have had common folk put to death for far less affronts than wounded pride!"

"I HOPE there is no such miscarriage and abuse of the justice system at the core of this... all to bring ruin to a innocent woman merely for spite of a vengeful monarch! But I am definitely suspicious of the Queen's motives for bringing this to light... SO MANY WEEKS after the King's death."

"If the Queen knew there was poison at work in the King's death why was this not brought out immediately? Now, so much time has passed any chance of finding the true assassin is at risk! Plus, if this woman is innocent... it only makes it that much easier for the true killer to evade justice!"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

"I for one would not the least be surprised that this may just be a spiteful CHELISH noblewoman's vengeance on a woman whose only crime was to draw a man's eye. Even if she did sleep with the king, who is to say she would have had a choice in refusing the advances of a lustful monarch. As you said Ashe, commoners have been killed for less.

Varrel speaks the word 'Chelish' as though something foul were in his mouth. Chatterbeak is also clearly agitated. The empathic link they shared coloring the birds emotions


."Ark! Aye, Stupid Nobles. Crackerman and Master should smite for Ragathiel, Yes they should. All Corrupt, all bad! Master can Blind with magic and Crackerman can crack faces, when Nobles are not looking. Good Idea! Ragathiel will be happy when Chelish noble slave owners are smited. Yes he will. Ark!"

The bird stands tall on Varrel's shoulder, quite pleased with his brilliant tactics.


"Bah! You'd think a paladin would show a bit of empathy for her plight. An outsider in her own city, an unfaithful husband, and even the righteous amongst us have only poor words for her - for a woman on top she's got it pretty rough. I've only met her once, but she was kind enough in her grief. Though," Shakhan has something approaching thoughts going through his mind, "that does mean she could be looking for a new husband." He rubs the rough stubble on his chin, "What do you think, Una? How do I look?"


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Without saying much of a word to anyone, Una does what is asked of her in finding the cups. Although two of them were chipped. She places them roughly on the table and looks over everyone with an intimidating glare that was as informative as it was frightening.

"I think we have bigger fish to fry. If it's an assassination, I'd like to see if we can determine what or how it happened. And in particular, I'd like to see that portrait."

She raises an eyebrow at Hytogg.

"Draw a card, Hytogg. Let's see if the spirit is still guiding us."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe pauses his expression... reticent.

"You do not know the full story, Shakhan, of how and why Ileosa came to Korvosa. But I hold no personal malice for her highness, and I do feel for her loneliness here in Korvosa. I have met the King's wife on many a courtly encounter... but she has not been very successful... nor seem to have tried overmuch to endear herself to any of the local peerage. I'll not gossip further about her flaws that I have personally witnessed."

"In truth it is only the matter of the 'confessed' Guardsman's death that makes me very suspicious of 'foul-play' and questionable motives, but it is nothing that can be done about it."

"Perhaps if his body were recovered and a independent priest of PHARASMA were to 'speak with dead' and confirm his pre-death confession it would lay the matter to rest."

Turning to Hytogg Ashe smiles, "Yes 'Master' Hytogg, it would be nice to hear from Zellara's wisdom again!"

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

So.

Whats up?


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg resplendent in his Scarlet Velvet Robes trimmed in gold, reaches into his pocket and withdraws the Harrow Deck, beginning to slowly shuffle the deck as the others gather around.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel leans in to look closer at the deck in wonder. Seeing new magic always fascinated him...


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe walks over to the dining room table and takes a seat setting a pillow cushion upon the table top for Mejenko to recline upon. To which the lavender scaled tiny dragon comes fluttering over to rest. Majenko cranes his sinuous neck close for a good view of the 'Harrowing'.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Before Hytogg has a chance to reach for the box of Harrow cards, Field Marshal Croft arrives. Leaving a couple of Guardsmen loitering outside, she strides briskly into the house.

"You've doubtless heard the stories that the king's killer has been named. Yet there's something more going on here, I'm afraid. Queen Ileosa could have quietly had this Trinia Sabor arrested at any time, yet the way in which she revealed the information to the city seems to me like she wants the riots to come back. Certainly, with the mob and the Hellknights out on the street, the girl doesn't stand a chance at a trial — they'll lynch her the moment they find her. And even if she did kill the king, mob justice isn't the way. Worse, if she's innocent, the real killer can use this distraction to throw us off the trail forever.

"Before Trinia is executed, we need to be absolutely sure she did this thing. And that means we need to catch her before the mob. We know where she lives — a flat in Midland at 42 Moon Street — but soon, so will the mob. The Hellknights don't seem to care as much about catching her as they do about containing the mob — something about the 'order of law' makes it a greater priority for them to contain than a possible assassin. I can't say I disagree completely, but the problem is, the Hellknights are only making it worse. The mob's covering most of Midland now, and Trinia's flat is near the middle of the mess. I've got all available guards at work keeping things from getting any worse — and if I were to send them into Midland, they'd trigger a riot.

"I'm sure you can see where this is going. I need you to get into Midland, find Trinia, and bring her back to me so we can deliver her, safe and sound, to somewhere where she can be interrogated — preferably with magic, so we can be absolutely sure about her role in Eodred's death. Get in there, catch her, and get out without letting the mob get its hands on her. I'll have agents and officers nearby. If you can get her to one of them, we’ll be in the clear. Any questions?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

"It doesn't sound like we have much time then. Someone who knows the way to midland, let's be off. We can discuss HOW we're going to bring her in on the way. We cannot let this woman be killed without finding out if she did anything wrong to begin with."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe listens to the Field Marshal's dilemma and stands immediately, "Of course field Marshal Kroft! No truer words have been spoken Varrel, I know where Midland is... I'll lead the way."

Then Ashe pauses, turning to the Field Marshal, "Midland at 42 Moon Street... is that a House, Townhouse or Apartment Suite? I 'm curious so we can plan our apprehension of the woman on the way..."


"bah, daft woman if she's not gone underground yet," Shakhan suddenly grins; which looks a little disconcerting on him, "or being in Korvosa: taken to the roofs. Don't mind either way, we'll get the job done. If she's anything like the rumors say, this'll be fun."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

.If she has taken to the rooftops, Chatterbeak andMajenko will prove invaluable in tracking her. Still if she is even in her home I'd perfer to surround her if possible. I have a spell which would let myself or perhaps Una, since she is far stealthier than the rest of us, become invisible for about 25seconds,if that is sufficient to sneak into her home, and another that could blind her from a little over a hundred feet. There is also the color spray spell I used on Chittersnap but I need to be within 15ft for that and it could it any of you if you're too close. Anyone have any suggestions, if she runs? I cannot guarantee any of these will subdue her, I am not a TRUE wizard..


Ark! Pick Chatterbeak, Master. Chatterbeak wants to smite murderer for God-boss. If killer girl runs, Chatterbeak will fly and use Masters zap touch to smite. Just once..then Crackerman can throw girl over shoulder, just like that serving girl from the tavern. Remember, Crackerman? Girl was caught all night till Crackerman let's her out next day, was she not villain, Crackerman? She was happy when she left, so Crackerman could not have smited her? Anyway, let me zap touch villain, please Master?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Bird, you are too quick to violence. We want to bring her in before the mob finds her. Not Kill her, now be silent, you will get your chance to help.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"I'm more interested in asking the girl questions, myself. I'm not so sure she's the murderer we or the mob are searching for. And I don't really want an innocent girl killed."

Una shrugs as though the matter were of little importance to her.

"I'm assuming we'll receive some pay for this?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Cressida is clearly nervous and worried, but she promises a reward of 1,000gp if you can deliver Trinia safe and sound to the care of the Korvosan Guard.

The place where Trinia lives is almost a sub-district of Korvosa in its own right, tenement blocks in a densely-packed area where every available corner seems to have someone living in it, from roof-top shanties to shacks in alley corners, and sunlight rarely penetrates. Known as a good place to disappear, it is not surprising that your typical angry mob, never mind overt forces of law and order, has so far failed to find her.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe listens to all the prevailing opinions and info given by Cressida and his companions and nods sagaciously.

"Very well then here is the plan. Una, Varrel & Chatterbox, Majenko will scout the area and find any backdoors or roof top escape routes our quarry may use - first. Then you will cover those exits routes - Una, Chatterbox and Majenko especially if it is a rooftop escape route. Varrel if it is a ground floor back door exit. Una... I don't know if you bought any blunt-tipped bolts but a quick swing by a weapons shop should change that... we want her alive after all, Majenko... you hide at any rooftop exit window or door... and sting her if she runs - your stinger's sleep poison should stop her, and Chatterbox your high surveillance... no matter where she runs you keep us informed of her escape route. Varrel your color spray spell should nicely cover any ground level back door."

Then turning to the rest, "The rest of us will approach through the front door. Remember we just want to question the woman and get her to safety from the mobs so this can be sorted out. We will try to 'diplomatically' approach her.. but also flush her towards our second group's net."

"Are there any other suggestions or concerns?"


"pff, I'll just, hrmm, give moral support then, my diplomacy has been known to end lives."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

A sound plan. Let's go.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dispositions made, you head off towards the Midland district. Entering Midland is relatively easy provided you take pains to avoid the main streets. Several times, you need to take detours to avoid crowds of angry mobs or Order of the Nail patrols. When you arrive at the tenement in which Trinia is said to live, you find that it's in a densely built section of the city, a place where, at ground level, direct sunlight is a rarity. Above, jury-rigged catwalks, overhanging roofs, lines of laundry, and homemade bridges of rope and boards create a cluttered tangle, a multi-level mess of gutters, upper floors, and rooftops. This is the slum above — a place known as the Shingles. In many ways, the Shingles is like its own sub-ward of the city of Korvosa. Here, in shanties built atop roofs, on the upper floors of otherwise abandoned tenements, and amid jungles of chimneys, peaked roofs, and eroding gargoyles, are vagabonds, thieves, monsters, and perils to match those found in the most dangerous slums. Stirges haunt gutters here, as do nests of imps. Pseudodragons lair here too, although in their frenzy to keep the imp population under control, the little dragons often cause nearly as many problems as do the tiny outsiders. Criminals use the Shingles as a highway to move about unseen by the guard. Worst of all are the chokers, hideous aberrations with long boneless arms who have taken to the Shingles with a tenacious fecundity that has resisted all attempts to date at eradication. Stories of chokers wending arms down through chimneys or upper windows are common, and serve as the primary reason most citizens avoid climbing above the second floor in regions the Shingles overshadow. Plenty of scope, though, for the aerial part of the group to flit around without attracting undue attention provided that they take care.

There are plenty of locals around at ground level as well. It's not too hard to find the building that you want. A grey-haired woman is sitting in a battered rocking-chair by the door, knitting and watching over a couple of small children who are playing, stark naked, in the gutter.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe sends Una, Varrel & Chatterbeak, and Majenko to their respective tasks finding the exits and possible back doors to the tenement.

Hold the others back for about 5 minutes to let them get into position and have Majenko telepathically coordinate messages back and forth as he flies about until every one is in position on the ground and covering the address of Miss Trinia Sabor's residence.

[Meaning you can all post what your doing and be able to get ready long before Ashe proceeds... :)]

[Also, I don't want to slow down the action so on the way to Trina's residence... Ashe will reveal his EXACT intentions. He intends to find the woman but not turn her over to the Korvosan Guard immediately. He wishes to take her to the Temple of PHARASMA and have a respected and well-known cleric there {perhaps even Bishop Keppira d'Bear herself... considering it is a matter of State Treason} cast a discern lies spell upon Trina and question her about the murder immediately... so there is verified testimony from a neutral and divine source if she did or, more importantly, DID NOT murder the king! Then with that evidence Ashe will contact Marshal Kroft and follow through... one way or the other. Ashe explains that just and honorable though Kroft may be... she is STILL under the command of the Queen! And if the Queen is involved in some dishonesty going on in this case she would hardly allow the young woman a fair trail! This matter may still go to trail, but Ashe feels this bit of 'maverick' law MAY keep a miscarriage of justice from happening. Ashe is NOT set on this plan so if there is a disagreement with his intention... he will acquiesce to the party's wishes. Obviously he could not say all this in front of the Marshal! He does not want a repeat of what happened with Devargo! :)]

Then Ashe walks up to the old matron and smiles warmly, "Good Morn honored matron, I am 'Ashe' the 'Grey Knight' of Korvosa... Paladin of the Inheritor Iomedae.. you may have heard of me or not. I need your assistance if you please... milady. I'm seeking a Miss Trina Sabor... I believe she is in great danger and is being... likely faslely accused of a crime I'm pretty certain she did not commit. I know this is her residence and others will not be far behind me seeking her to do her harm. Could you help me to contact her so I may spirit her away to safety before the mobs, the Korvosan Guard or the Order of Nail seize her?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

[Hmmm... Ashe 'honestly' already does not believe she murdered the king.. perhaps that is jumping to a conclusion... but his gut says otherwise. Just too many things don't add up. So he's not really trying to deceive... but would you prefer a Bluff roll?]

Bluff: Take 10! 10 + 3 = 13 'unskilled... and not really lying as far as he is feeling on the matter'


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg stands impressible tall behind Ashe as he questions the woman, nodding his head, and frowning, or smiling when appropriate.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Diplomacy assist

Did we ever draw the Harrow cards as planned?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Nope, Ashe went into Superman mode, so we never got to it.

"For someone who is supposed to be courteous, you sure like to boss people around."

Una replies sourly to Ashe's plan. And she looks over at Shakhan.

"And you went along with it a little too quickly. Don't you have any other ideas of your own?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Uhmmm... actually, I was waiting patiently like everyone else. Megan did not address the Harrowing in her post. So I just replied to what she did post.

Ashe smiles at Una, "For someone so interested in freedom from others choices... you sure don't speak up much until someone has made the call to constructive action..."

There is no real accusation in his tone... he is clearly making jest of her irritation.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Shall we retro the harrowing? I'm good either way?


I don't mind either

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Once Kroft had given you your orders, you left pretty quickly. But, hey, if you want to stop and play cards first...

... happy to do the Harrowing if you want. Let me know.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

yeah, I got the impression it was a "let's go NOW!" kinda mission.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It was, but you guys control what you do, not I :)

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

I'm fine with whatever everyone else wants to do. Cards or story... though I would hope my RP with the Npc is not lost in the mix of all the back and forth posts.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Even if it is a get up and go mission, Una never gets up and goes anywhere. She tries to be prepared and planned before moving. But, in either case, some of us can't post so frequently...:P


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Out of town until Saturday due to U.S. Thanksgiving.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Enjoy the holiday, still here whenever the guys wanna pick this up...


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

If everyone has the 4th Quarter blues (as I do), it may be January or February before anyone has time to do much of anything. :) But here's hoping it won't be. I'm out for 10 days in December though. Anyway, back in a few days.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

If people are getting embroiled in Thanksgiving - which, if I'm not calendar-challenged, is tomorrow (Thursday) - do you want to wait until next week to continue the adventure?

Because it's getting exciting, lots of running around and scampering over rooftops...


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

whatever the group wants. No thanksgiving here in australia.

1,751 to 1,800 of 6,033 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.