Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


1,651 to 1,700 of 5,895 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Asherick Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Ashe sheaths his Longsword and settles his Medium Shield upon his back.
Then Draws forth the wikedly hooked Glaive-Guisarm of his and begins using the superior reach of the weapon to saw cut the strands of webbing that are around the area... helping any that get stuck in them get free... as they search the lair of "Chitters"...

...But himself get some stands caught on his feet as he makes his way through the lair... growling in frustration.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for Reflex.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Varrel wrote:
1d20 +3

Reflex

Damnations!

[ooc]Strength check to break free1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8[/b]


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Reflex save


Shakhan doesn't move around in the webbed area, preferring to keep watch with weapons at the ready. Still, he finds the time to take out a cracker for the bird. "Oi! You mean one of these?"


Chatterbeak greedily eats the biscuit.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Ashe brushes the webs off of his armoured feet without difficulty and soon reaches Chittersnap's remains. A small irridescent spider runs across the body, skittering away as Shakhan completes beheading it. Hytogg and Una experience little difficulty in moving around, but poor Varrel is now covered in irridescent spider webs. You find little here bar the gruesome remains of Chittersnap's meals... all too many of the bones look as if they belonged to humanoid creatures.

Varrel:
The entire hold spins around you in a glorious outburst of rainbow colours - somewhat reminescent of your colour spray spell - complete with the sound of tinkling bells. You are not sure which way is up or out, or where anyone else is. Please make a Fortitude save.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel is once again assailed by the lights, just like after he'd been taken prisoner....

Fortitude:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

I....feel ...strange...again.


"You look like you need a stiff drink, elf."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una takes a look at the grisled remains with a distasteful look.

"Alright, we're done here. Back to the cargo hold and have a look around."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe looks with concern at Varrel but replies to Una, "Yes. I believe we are... back to the room just before this one everyone..."

Ashe walks over to Verrel lending a hand of support to the staggering elf and helps lead him from the room using his Glaive as a walking staff.

Back in the entry room [c13], Ashe leads Varrel to the table so he may sit upon it to recover his faculties.

"Shakhan, Please secure that door... I want none of the remaining vermin that may lair in that room to plague us - while we loot this ship of valuables. Una could you see to the northern door that we did not go through? Be mindful of traps... we are entering Devargo's personal quarters..."

Ashe stows away his Glaive-Guisarme across his back and offers Varrel a drink of water from his wineskin... watching the Elf for any other signs of weakness or worsening condition, checking him for any spider-bite wounds just to make sure he is ok.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

For the record. I'm pretty sure that DC 20 roll would have passed. I'm just waiting for Meg to say so.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

And now that I have returned from church, I am delighted to say that, yes, your save is quite sufficient and your head soon clears, Varrel, as you are helped back out of the spider lair.

Whilst Varrel recovers, the rest turn their attention to the door to the north. Although closed, it's not locked. Beyond there is a wooden chamber, clean and dry. An ornate bed rests against the far wall, while a single dresser and a round table and chair fill out the rest of the room. A wooden sea chest sits at the foot of the bed.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel shakes his head as his mind clears.

I am fine Ashe, Thank-you for the water. I believe whatever was in those webs is the same drug they gave he when I was captured. The effects have passed now. Chatterbeak, return.

Chatterbeak happily flaps over to hop on Varrels shoulder.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una raises an eyebrow and shakes her head a little at the magus, as though surprised he could not completely take care of himself.

She looks around the room, carefully, then inspects the sea chest for traps.

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Now he has caught his breath, Varrel uses the lull to take out his pearl of power and re-prepare a spell. Now which shall it be?Color, I think Spray. It will potentially effect more foes, should the need arise

He misses the look from Una, lost in his magic for the moment.

spellist updated
He brushes Ashe away, this Paladins overt concern was not something Varrel was used to, and more than a little unsettling. No, this one is not at all like Keegan, he regretfully thinks.

Sense Motive DC15:
Varrel is not easy to read. But you notice his discomfort at Ashe's tending. A slave is not used to being treated with gentle concern

He moves up behind Una as she scans the room and examines the chest, quick to try to be of useafter his moment of weakness with the webs.
I will scan for any magical auras

Varrel Perception with Detect Magic
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Chatterbeak, keep your eyes open as well

ChChatterbeak Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The sea chest is locked, but there do not appear to be any traps. It is probable that something in there is magical, however.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Caution, Una. I lack an eye for traps, but my spell is telling me either the chest, or I believe more likely, it's contents is magical.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Ashe merely nods respectfully allowing the independant and proud elf to regather his dignity upon his own... tenderness remembering, that tenderness and concern for those around him are tenants taught him by the Church of IOMEDAE... and not the 'common' consideration of many used to a harsher life and upbringing.

Watching from the side to make sure his companions are safe and scaning them visually for any injuries, Ashe contents himself that he seems to be the only one injured.

When no one else is watching him... Ashe finally takes the time to pull out some medicinal bandages and his water skin to clean and bind the wound Devargo Brasavi gave him with his wicked poisoned Fist blades.

Ashe still refrains from using his last Lay On Hands for himself... holding it for his companions should there be the need latter...

Healing: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Ashe is silent as the others search the room and tries to let the others now take center-stage and fade into the background as he utter s a small prayer of thanks to IOMEDAE they are all un injured and victory over evil has been achieved.

Ashe raises an arm for him to perch upon and thinks to Majenko, {Majenko come to me please... Are you injured or in need of any wounds to be treated? You have our thanks for your close assistance. If you are merely tired and need rest... My family live in town and would be honored to allow you to take your rest there for as long as you needed to recover your strength before returning to the rough streets of Korvosa. Your freedom is of course your own!}


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Now that things seem safe for the moment, Hytogg volunteers to bestow more of the healing touch of Nethys.

"Please gather close my boon companions, so that we may thank Nethys for our safe delivery from death". "Though with Hytogg the Magnificent at hand, the victory was assured".

1d6 ⇒ 2 channel Positive Energy


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe smiles, and nods again in respect, "As always Master Hytogg we are all grateful for the blessings of NETHYS..."

The wound on Ashe's cheek stops bleeding becoming half-healed in a wash of divine power.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Majenko flaps over to perch on the proffered arm.

My thanks, brave knight his voice comes to your mind. What small help I can give, I shall... did not Devargo carry a key, I am sure I saw him with one that he kept close-guarded. Perhaps it opened this box?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Your effort is welcomed Master Hytogg. Thank-you.

Truly I do not understand these men and their gods. Never would a member of House Thrune waste magical energies on barely injured allies when no threat was forthcoming. He either expects danger I do not see or he is trying to secure his alliances within this group. If so, I wonder where an Elven slave sits in those plans.

The actions of the group continue to vex Varrel. He half expected the Paladin, being the only one of Noble birth, as far as he can tell, to either lay claim to him or at least attempt to see him returned to his owner. Una, at least, seems of a treprement Varrel was more used to. In any case, Varrel would die before living in bondage again. Whether or not that fact bought him to blows with his apparent comrades, remained to be seen. He would need to force the issue now, while they were in a enclosed space and his Color Spray had a chance affect all of them.

He was taking a possibly fatal course of action, but this may be his last chance to have the group so confined.

Casually, he walks over to the exit doorway and looks in at the group, and poses his question Readied action to Color Spray the room if anyone turns hostile.
Now that the ship seems clear, what do you and your allies intend to do with me 'Just One'?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Heh. Do with you? You're free to go your own way, as far as I'm concerned."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe turns to the elf and similes warmly.

"You told us you are an ex-slave... I assume you have little in provisions and find yourself in a strange foreign city. 'I', and my family do not keep slaves as the practice is offensive in the extreme to us. Though slavery is not illegal here in Korvosa... I am not under any legal or moral obligation to support such wickedness. You are free as all living sentient beings are from birth. You are use to the dark social wickedness of House Thrune of Cheliax... they hold no power here in Korvosa!

But you may need time to get your bearings in your newfound freedom... I offer my home open to you 'brother of the forest', my mother Lady Sarah and my young sister Cynthia would be honored with your company and afford you as an honored guest until you know more of what you wish to do with your freedom.

Or if you would prefer you may be attached with us for the time and take benefit of Field Marshall Cressida Kroft's offer of free room and board at the 'Three Rings Tavern' while we assit in resolution of the crisis here in Korvosa with our recent monarch's death. A Spellcasting warrior as yourself should be able to find easy employment as a bodyguard to a noble family here in Korvosa or even as a Korvorsan Guardsman!

My offer to introduce you the the Ambassador Perishial Kalissreavil of the Mierani Elven conclave here in Korvosa still stands... as I am a close... associate of his daughter Lady Tessara Kalissreavil a fellow Pathfinder... if you would seek asylum amonsgt your people again? Truly, it is up to you what YOU wish to do, friend Varrel."

Ashe reaches into his pouch at Majenko's mental prodding for the wrist-razors and possessions he took from Devargo reside...blushing slightly at his forgetfulness... pulling forth the ring of keys he confiscated.

"Uhm... aheh... Una...you might want to use these...", he remarks as he tosses the keys to her.

Embarrassment clear on his handsome face as he looks away from her withering glare...


"There's the question about Devargo," Shakhan lifts his axe meaningfully. "It's not much effort for me, and it'll save Korvosa time and money."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe smiles, "Don't bother with the effort friend Shakhan... I'll deal with him... he's DONE here in Korvosa... the evidence in that room is enough to send him to the headsman... which I would prefer... so the citizens of Korvosa can see that even the sneakiest and most cunning of criminals... EVENTUALLY face justice!"

"I'd suggest spending more of your efforts Shakhan on 'confiscating' any valuables from this hive of villainy... as 'spoils' for well done mercenary work, before the Korvosan Guard makes a thorough cleaning of this hive. I'll deal with the 'Spider'!"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel relaxes a bit at the groups response.

Una was the only one whose response was predictable and yet also the only one whose words he accepted as COMPLETELY honest. She didn't give a damn what he did but neither did she seem to hold any malice. Brutal honesty. He liked this one.

Shaktan seemed completely mercenary. As long as Varrel did not let coin come between them he doubted they would have issue.

Ashe,...he still did not understand. No one is ever an ex-slave unless specifically and legally freed by their master. He had to know this. Keegan had been Varrels' first true 'Friend', had even introduced him to his divine patron, yet when opportunity had presented itself for Varrel to be free, the Hellknight had lawfully returned him to his Master.

Much as he wanted to trust in Ashes' generous offer , he could not trust a Paladin again.

You are correct, I find myself a houseless slave in a foreign land with no employment or lodging. I need to rectify that.
No more nobles though. I would meet with this Marshal Croft and offer my services, if you would make introduction.She is of good intent I hope?
Much as it pains me to admit, I have been taking orders longer than any of you have been alive. I find myself without direction, it would be nice, however to earn a living for a change, rather than avoiding a slaves' death


CAW! Yes, yes, Master makes good guard he does, punish Criminals, he will, Ragathiel is happy when villains get what they deserve. Spiderking hangs like a spider he should. Chatterbeak, Master and Shinyman will see to it, yes?


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

"I suppose if you wish you could stay at my house until you get on your feet". "Please feel free to help with chores around the house and such while you're there, but you are of course under no obligation". "Here is the address". "But if that rooster wakes me at dawn, with his crowing, he'll be staying out back

"Oh"! "One other thing". "Under no circumstances is Morty to be mistaken for a snack". Hytogg pulls his chubby toad from the inner pocket of his robe, and gently strokes his back.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

A wizard as well as a cleric? I may be able to learn a thing or two from this one...

I promise Chatterbeak will be on his best behavior.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

More excellent role-playing... keep it up :)


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una raises her eyebrows at Ashe with a pointed look seeming to indicate she thought he was quite an imbecil. "When were you going to give me these?"

She shook her head and turned towards the box, trying the keys in the lock methodically.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel smiles at the woman's tone. Una had a temper and would not suffer fools, it seemed.
She is certainly direct. I like this one more and more

He remains at the entrance to the room, Scimitar ready. But stares in wonder, both at the stern, beautiful woman and at the chest. The possibility of discovering new magic always excited one used to having so little.

DC 15 Sense Motive:
Varrel has spent decades hiding his emotions and averting his eyes when needed. Una and the chest, however interest him a lot and his gaze, does linger for a while, particularly on Una's face.


Chatterbeak flaps over to Una. If she will allow him he will perch on her shoulder. If not he'll stand near her, on the floor.

"What does Pretty Lady, find inside? Chatterbeak likes nice shiniees. Chatterbeak will ask Crackerman to carry shinees for you. Pretty lady likes shinees too?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Una soon finds the correct key and has the chest open, with or without avian assistance. Inside, you find a jasper studded amulet, a gold necklace fitted with emeralds, a mother-of-pearl horn, a ring that bears a tiny jade dragonfly, a scroll, an elixir, two pouches of dust, and six sacks containing 100 gp each.

Assuming that detect magic is still running or another is cast, the ring, scroll, elixir and pouches of dust detected as being magical.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

since his last detect magic was inconclusive, Varrel was going to recast it anyway if needed.

"Una, The scroll, ring, pouches and elixir are all magical"

Spellcraft rolls for 1 Ring, 2 Pouches, 3 Elixir
1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
3 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Pretty good roles. Megs you can either spoiler the information I get or bot my response, but I check this tread like, 10times a day, (gotta love smartphones) so I can roleplay my rolls results

Appraise check for sum total value
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe replies, "Forgive please my absentmindedness Una, in all the action the keys slipped my mind... it was Majenko that reminded me. But keys or no... I had faith your skills would be up to the task."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Ashe, moves not from his spot - noting Varrel's growing interest in the no-nonsense Rogue/Sniper Warrior woman, and smiles as he Detects Evil, upon the collection of loot hoping to find none... like the last time.

Thinking, {Perhaps... if Una's heart is willing to finally stop grieving her slain husband - perhaps the potential for real affection, finally in his life, has found this abused spirit of 'The People'. I shall pray for them both and hope.}

Then in a flash of insight, "Also, Una... check to see if the chest has a false bottom or a compartment in the lid of the chest... Devargo was a master of Deception and concealment..."

Asherick removes his gauntlet and gently caresses the base of Majenko sinuous neck, affectionately. Then remembers the wicked stinger that Psuedo-dragons bear in their tail and their high intelligence!

Ashe pauses - respectfully drawing back his hand, embarrassment in his expression. Thinking at Majenko, {"Uhm... forgive, me your scales are most fair... I did not ask if I might pet you so... familiarly. May I? I have never been so close to a true dragon... you are fascinating..."}


"Pah! Dragging his corpse along a wagon through the streets would work just as well. Or raising his head on the main mast of this ship," Shakhan yawns. "What good is there in having someone get paid to take his head off; this is quicker and more satisfying. For me at least. You gotta learn to live a little."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

{"Quicker indeed. The Spiderking deserves nothing short of death for his Crimes. Either via lawful means or failing that, my own actions, death is what he shall have. I swear it!"}

Varrel remembers the events that led him here. His lifequest to bring righteous vengeance to the wicked would be his first concern. He would always give the Law a chance. Unfortunately though, sometimes even the law fell short of what needed to be done. Keegan had tried to constantly uphold good and law, and in Varrels eyes, that method could fail with horrible consequences.

If it came to it, he could see Ashe would be unlikely to offer aid. Shaktan however....

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Varrel moves closer, examining the items...

Varrel:
The ring is one of feather fall, the elixir is an elixir of love... and you think the pouches contain dust of appearance... hmm, you could have a ready-made kit for going philandering here :) Nice rolls, Varrel obviously knows his trade!

Majenko leans into Ashe's hand.

Fret not, your attentions are welcomed... you seem to know all the right places. But if I could trouble you, I have some dry skin on my back just between the wings... it does get dreadfully itchy and I cannot reach there... his voice comes to your mind.

Una roots around further, and does indeed find a secret drawer, which contains nothing but a couple of envelopes and a frayed piece of ribbon. Perhaps this was where Devargo kept those incriminating letters you wheedled out of him earlier?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Crap, forgot to roll to identify the scroll. Megs didn't post an appraise result so I'll say I dunno.

The ring has an enchant to save the wearer from falling from height, the pouches I believe are dust of appearance and the liquid is an elixir of love. Master Hytogg, can you identify this scroll? It is beyond me at the moment.
I'm unsure the value of all this, it is significant, though.

His curiosity satisfied, Varrel leaves the items in Una's hands and returns to the door.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

"Of course". "Let me have a look at it".

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Spellcraft


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 1; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 1 [4]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/68 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Asherick Grins at Majenko, charmed - like a child by the magnificent creature, as he scratches him just so building in intensity as the brightly colored pseudo-dragon coos appreciatively.... flexing his wings and thrashing his stinger-tipped tail in pleasure.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una brushes the bird off her with an incriminating look similar to the one she threw to Ashe. "When I need your help, I'll ask for it."

She glimpses through some of the jewelry. "Heh. This emerald matches my dress. Might be useful if I need to pull that one off again."

She examines the jewelry pieces (other than the magical ring) for maker's marks.

Taking 20 on Perception checks to examine nonmagical jewelry


Chatterbeak flaps irritably back over to Varrel.

"Ark! Pretty lady is not very nice. Chatterbeak only wanted to help.
Chatterbeak does not know why Master thinks you're nice!"

He hides from any reprisal behind Varrel's shoulder length ash blond (almost white) hair.

"Crackerman and Shinyman are much nicer than you."

The bird then sulks, looking away with beak raised high.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Looking at Chatterbeak, without a hint of embarrassment,

"Master likes anyone that can bring an always talking bird to silence, perhaps I should reserve my study time for when Una is around and I won't have to send you away when I need some quiet? Eh?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Hytogg:
It is a scroll of blur.

Una:
The non-magical jewellry is very nice - and quite valuable, you reckon! In excess of 1,000gp the lot :)

Majenko is indeed enjoying all the fuss... Ashe, I think you've made a friend for life!

Where now, folks?


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel gives Chatterbeak a pat.

"Shall we be gone from here or continue to search the ship? The Spiderking should be taken to the authorities before any can alert whatever allies he may have left. Or did you kill everyone on your way in here?
I would also like to meet this Field Marshal, Ashe, if that is possible soon."

1,651 to 1,700 of 5,895 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.