Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


451 to 500 of 6,033 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una shrugs her shoulders and retrieves the box from her possessions. She slides it over to the minstrel.

"I really don't think it should be trifled with, and if there is an object of value stored within that can be cleansed of any dark magics, I should like to make my claim known now. Of course, that depends on whether or not the item is usable."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

OK, Cresston - do you want to look inside?

Even unopened, the smell is bad and there are a few blowflies buzzing around...


male Human (Chelaxian ancestors) Bard 2
Megan Robertson wrote:

OK, Cresston - do you want to look inside?

Even unopened, the smell is bad and there are a few blowflies buzzing around...

Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead! :-p

The Korvosan bard bows to the crossbowwoman and flashes a charming, if somewhat lascivious, smile. "Of course, dear Miss Therlmagne, I wouldn't dare dream of depriving you of any ... thing you might find ... of use." Cresston's smile drops quickly as he turns his attention to the foul-smelling package. He hesitates for a moment, then smiling weakly, he retrieves his dagger and tries to use it's point to open the box so that he may look inside.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It contains a mouldering female head, looks like it's been separate from the rest of the body for a couple of weeks at least. It has been poorly preserved and decorated with unsightly makeup in a crude attempt to give her sagging flesh the semblance of life. It rests on some stained cloth, but there seems to be a small wooden box underneath.

The housekeeper screams and faints dead away.


Risdin winces at the heads revelation. "She certainly is not getting any prettier."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una closes her eyes as the odor of decaying flesh wafts in her general direction, but does not budge.

"The problem is, Master Kroft, we had met this woman only yesterday. You might see the conundrum we now face. If the woman we met only yesterday has been dead and decaying for some time, and there was a strong air of magic about her, then something strange, unnatural, and perhaps unholy is afoot."


male Human (Chelaxian ancestors) Bard 2
Una Therlmagne wrote:

Una closes her eyes as the odor of decaying flesh wafts in her general direction, but does not budge.

"The problem is, Master Kroft, we had met this woman only yesterday. You might see the conundrum we now face. If the woman we met only yesterday has been dead and decaying for some time, and there was a strong air of magic about her, then something strange, unnatural, and perhaps unholy is afoot."

Cresston pales as he sees the semi-preserved head. He mumbles, "Ack ..erm ..." and has to choke back the bile and dinner that are rising towards his throat.

"You met ... umm .. her .. yesterday, you say?! Where, exactly, did you meet her at?"

Struggling to overcome his revulsion, Cresston studies the head closely, trying to see if he can recognize to whom it belonged to while it was part of the living populace of Korvosa.

Knowledge-Local check

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una searches her beltpouch for the Harrow Card which held the invitation. She handed it to Cresston.

"Her name was Zellara Something. I cannot recall her last name at the moment."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Una's Harrow card

Like many people in the entertainment business, she only used the name 'Zellara' professionally.

Cresston - you have heard of her, she is (or was) a fortune teller with notable expertise with the Harrow deck, generally regarded as a true diviner rather than a charlatan. She hailed from Varisia and had a house somewhere in the south-west of town, down by the Jeggare River. Generally, she saw clients at home rather than plying her trade from a booth somewhere.


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

"Well regardless of whom or what she was, she did give us the means to extract our revenge on Lamm...so she's good in my book". "Lamm probably fed the rest of her body to his gator, or to the Jigsaws, so I suggest we just take the head to the temple of Pharasma and be done with it".

"And her house was not a bad hangout". "In fact I believe I will go there now". "If no one claims it, it may become the dwelling of Hytogg the Magnificant".


"Well then I will accompany you Hytogg. If only to make sure that somebody does not still claim the abode.", and he smiles at the spellcaster.


male Human (Chelaxian ancestors) Bard 2
Megan Robertson wrote:

Una's Harrow card

Like many people in the entertainment business, she only used the name 'Zellara' professionally.

Cresston - you have heard of her, she is (or was) a fortune teller with notable expertise with the Harrow deck, generally regarded as a true diviner rather than a charlatan. She hailed from Varisia and had a house somewhere in the south-west of town, down by the Jeggare River. Generally, she saw clients at home rather than plying her trade from a booth somewhere.

Cresston's expressive blue eyes widen a bit as Una let's him in on whom the head used to belong to. "I've heard of this woman ... word on the streets of Korvosa is that this particular Varisian had the 'true sight'. Best we take Master Hytogg's advice and hustle this off to the Temple of Pharasma, post-haste! It wouldn't do for us to be caught with it by the local Varisian community ... Desna knows what kinds of foul curses they would call down upon our heads."

The other part of what Hytogg said finally settles into Cresston's manic brain. "A house, you say? Hmmm ... perhaps it would be the right thing to do to investigate your erst-while associate's home to see if there is confirmation that Lamm was behind her murder?"

Cresston starts gathering up his things, as if it's a decided matter. Only at the last minute does he add, "Will we be stopping at Lord Jalento's place of business first or shall we return here to escort him later?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It's mid-morning at the moment, and Shakhan is still asleep. Indeed, you can hear the snoring.... :)


From the back of the room a loud, "...snrraaakh..." confirms Shakhan's deep slumber.


male Human (Chelaxian ancestors) Bard 2
Megan Robertson wrote:
It's mid-morning at the moment, and Shakhan is still asleep. Indeed, you can hear the snoring.... :)

Cresston seeks out Lord Jalento. "What time would be best for us to escort you to your place of business, mi'Lord"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"I was thinking about noon..." says Lord Jalento. "Thus giving your companion Shakhan time to rest and others of the group to attend to what they will. Once there I can assess the situation and whether I require your services further. As it is, I intend to pay you 5 gold apiece but shall of course negotiate for anything more that I need."


Should we fast forward to noon or early afternoon? Apart from Cresston the party members have all been up for more than 24 hours. And in Cresston's case, who knows how much partying he's endured? ;D

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Good point. Would everyone be happy with that?


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

good with me. Hytogg will sleep in the most comfortable bed in his new house ;-), and wake up feeling a much tighter relationship with Nethys


That's fine :D, I will do the same.


Why are Risdin and Hytogg sharing a bed?


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2
Shakhan wrote:

Why are Risdin and Hytogg sharing a bed?

This is a don't ask, don't tell adventuring group soldier


What happens at the jeweler, stays at the jeweler ;)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Good move, make the DM laugh so hard I cannot type the next post!

OK, it's coming up on noon. People who have slept feel refreshed. As for the rest of you...

Hytogg have you taken time to study your spells?

Lord Jalento has a meal of meat pies, cabbage and crushed potatoes served, along with a nice red wine. He eats with you, making polite conversation. His son is nowhere to be seen.

When everyone is done eating, "Are you ready?" he asks.

Any further preparations or are you good to go?


Shakhan grunts his affirmation, barely audibly over his chewing his 7th potato.


I'm actually making potatoes now, so this is making me hungry.

Risdin wakes up as early as possible (which is still late), and prays to Abadar. He gathers his belongings and joins the group for dinner/breakfast.

In reply to Jalento's question he says,"Yes, I believe we are."


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg would have studied his spellbook shortly after rising, but prays for his new cleric spells as the moon rises, so he might have other clerical abilities, but probably won't have his clerical spells till the moon rises tonight. He also wouldn't say "Let's wait till the moon rises before going forth, as he has never received divine spells before and in character doesn't know he will have them yet...Yes I know Nethys came to me in a dream, and promised me divine aid, but it hasn't happened yet.


male Human (Chelaxian ancestors) Bard 2
Megan Robertson wrote:

Good move, make the DM laugh so hard I cannot type the next post!

OK, it's coming up on noon. People who have slept feel refreshed. As for the rest of you...

Hytogg have you taken time to study your spells?

Lord Jalento has a meal of meat pies, cabbage and crushed potatoes served, along with a nice red wine. He eats with you, making polite conversation. His son is nowhere to be seen.

When everyone is done eating, "Are you ready?" he asks.

Any further preparations or are you good to go?

Cresston tucks into the food and wine in a surprisingly vigorous fashion for a man so thin. He is just finishing up as Lord Jalento querries the group about their readiness.

"Ahhh, I am quite ready. Thank you so much for the hearty repast and delicious wine. I can say now that the rumors about the Jalento's fine taste in victuals and vinery are certainly well-founded."

Cresston flashes their host a winning smile, folds his napkin, and rises from the table, apparently ready to take on the maddening crowds that swarm over his home city on this historic day.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una covers her mouth as she yawns after sleeping a few hours that morning. She looks over her crossbow, and checks the two bolt quivers on her thighs to make certain her ammunition is present.

"As ready as I'll be. Where is this Temple to Pharasma in relation to our destination?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The Great Cathedral of Pharama is in the Grey District (otherwise known as the graveyard!).

Lord Jalento lives in the Heights, and conducts his business activities in the district called Midland.

Hang on, I'll go do a map for you!

Places of Note in Korvosa

Key:
1 = Lord Jalento's house (your current location)
2 = Grand Cathedral of Pharama
3 = Lord Jalento's store
4 = Zellara's House
5 = The Old Fishery

So, what route do you want to take, and what's the party order, please?

Any other geographical questions, fire away


If Lord Jalento is okay with it, we should do the Grand Cathedral of Pharasma first. I suggest we stay on the main roads, which are most likely to be controlled by the Hellknights. Shakhan will stay close to Lord Jalento, presumably in the middle - Shakhan takes his duties seriously.


I will take the front unless a fighter type like Una wants to be in front, in which case I will be second.


male Human (Chelaxian ancestors) Bard 2
Risdin Arramack wrote:
I will take the front unless a fighter type like Una wants to be in front, in which case I will be second.

Cresston will bring up the rear, happily humming a recent composition.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

OK, you all head out, in the direction of the Grand Cathedral of Pharasma.

The streets are almost deserted up here in the Heights. There's a slight whiff of burning and a haze of smoke in the air, and sounds as of crowds from the north-east of town.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una will take up second position since she is a ranged fighter. :)


Shakhan tells Lord Jalento, "If trouble arises, make sure you are safe first. Once battle is upon us, there is no telling what will happen next. Though," Shakhan has both shield and axe at hand, "trouble will find mostly steel today."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Apart from a guard patrol, who ask where you are going but are satisfied with Lord Jalento's explanation that he'd hired an escort to go to his store, you don't meet anyone on the way to the Cathedral.

The doors are closed (unusual) and there isn't anyone around.


Shakhan cusses under his breath - but quietly, he doesn't want to attract unneeded divine attention - as he walks up to the large doors. His knocks loudly ring in the early afternoon air.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"I wonder if the Cathedral is closed due to the rioting? Perhaps the Hell Knights will know where religious services are now being held."

Una looks around, but does not investigate too deeply. Perception 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg tries to recall if there is any reason the doors should be closed.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Knowledge Religion

"Hello"! "Hello"! "Is there anyone there"? "Hello", Hytogg calls to support the vigorous knocking.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The door is opened a crack, and a rather chubby female elf peers out. She has long silver hair done up in a bun held by a couple of chopsticks and has a crisp white apron over her dress.

"Hello - can I help you? Most of the priests are out on the streets, aiding those in need... but I also have the honour of serving Sarenrae and it would be my privilege to aid you..."


male Human (Chelaxian ancestors) Bard 2
Megan Robertson wrote:

The door is opened a crack, and a rather chubby female elf peers out. She has long silver hair done up in a bun held by a couple of chopsticks and has a crisp white apron over her dress.

"Hello - can I help you? Most of the priests are out on the streets, aiding those in need... but I also have the honour of serving Sarenrae and it would be my privilege to aid you..."

Cresston steps forward, flashing a dazzling smile, and bows ornately, "Ahhh, fortunate are we to be greeted by such a fetching servitor of the Dawn Flower! I am Cresston Kroft, humble lyricist and recorder of deeds of the fine group of persons you see before you! We seek assistance with a ... delicate matter of ... the earthly remains of an acquaintence of a few of our group ... well, actually, more like a ...*cough* ... portion of the remains of an acquaintence. Perhaps you would be kind enough to allow us inside? It would seem better to discuss such delicate matters ... in private ... even on a day such as this."

Diplomacy roll

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Shakhan attempts to aid Cresston; by looking less grim. Diplomacy, aid 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

With Lamm dead, a lot is easier in Shakhan's heart - I can even envision him smiling again for a bit, maybe in a week or so. ;)

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"I think you'd better come in. I'm Zenani, by the way. Are you hungry? I'm going to have to swing by the kitchen to check on my pies if I need to do religious stuff for you anyway."

She opens the door to let you all in, then looks at Shakhan.

"Perhaps you'd bar the door for me. I'd rather keep it closed with all the trouble at the moment...


"Yes madam." After everybody has entered Shakhan follows, throwing a distrustful eye to the outside world for a moment before closing the large doors with a satisfying thud. A moment later it is barred shut securely. "Pie. Thanks," he grumbles. He looks only slightly uneasy with the place of worship.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una strides into the Cathedral confidently, only briefly making a symbolic ablution at the sight of the altar.

"We have just eaten, but our delicate matter can wait until you are capable of concentrating on us more fully."

She is not unkind, but still her words bear a heavy trace of irony and silent pain.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"All right, just give me a moment to move them off the heat..."

She bustles off, reappearing scant moments later without the apron, wearing instead a long white chasuble and tunic decorated with red and gold thread depicting images of the sun. Spreading her arms out to the side, she declaims:

"Be ye welcome in the name of the Dawnflower, all ye who seek her light, her wisdom or her aid!"

She lowers her arms and smiles.

"Now, how may I serve you? Someone has departed this life, you said."


Risdin sighs,"Yes this situation is deteriorating in a sense.", and he looks over to where the head is being kept.

Bringing his attention back to the host,"Zenani, why aren't you out with the rest? Should food not come second to the immediate aid many require?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Um... well... truth is, I am rubbish at fighting. No matter how hard I practise with a scimitar I am a danger to myself or someone other than my opponent! And the rest are working hard, and may bring refugees back as well, so the High Priest suggested I stay behind and cook ready for an influx. But that's in hand... and you have need of Sarenrae's aid - who died? Do you require a funeral, or comfort, or something else?"


male Human (Chelaxian ancestors) Bard 2
Megan Robertson wrote:
"Um... well... truth is, I am rubbish at fighting. No matter how hard I practise with a scimitar I am a danger to myself or someone other than my opponent! And the rest are working hard, and may bring refugees back as well, so the High Priest suggested I stay behind and cook ready for an influx. But that's in hand... and you have need of Sarenrae's aid - who died? Do you require a funeral, or comfort, or something else?"

I don't think it was specified who picked up the head after Cresston examined it. Since carrying it would be doing something undesirable AND useful, it's unlikely the bard would be the one. Afterall, it's against our union contract! ;-p I vote for Una or Hytogg ... but if neither want to present it, I'll just say Cresston tucked it inside a double bag and has it in his knapsack.

451 to 500 of 6,033 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.