Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Megan's Carrion Crown

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Carrion Crown AP.


351 to 400 of 2,729 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

female human oracle of battle 4

Was rereading the thread, and I think I figured something out. The following assumes that Tre discussed some of his findings during the conversation last night. If he did not (and I turn out to be right), I'm going to put it down to "oracular intuition."

In her bed, Merian dreams...

She is running up a hill. The sky is dark and stormy, winds whipping her cloak and tossing the clouds like dice. The ground seems to clutch at her feet, but she struggles upward.

At the crest of the hill, a building comes into view, dimly-glimpsed ruins within a stone wall. The iron gate reads "Harrowstone," and to either side as far as she can see, the granite blocks are splashed with blood and covered with names. She reaches the gate itself, pulling to get in, but the heavy bars do not yield. Lightning flashes and the wind picks up - it carries with it the sound of hideous laughter from somewhere within the walls.

Beyond the gate she can see a courtyard, and a large rat begins to crawl across it. As it reaches the center of courtyard, it flows upward, turning into a humanoid figure, facing away from her. In the next flash of lightning, she catches sight of an impossibly tall, thin figure lurking in the darkness beyond, a hideous grin stretching across its face and a gleaming war razor in its hand. "Look out!" she cries. "He's right there!"

The figure turns, and she is horrified to see blood pouring down its chest, its throat cut from ear to ear. The blood forms a bright red "V" on its stomach, searing her eyes with an unholy glow. "I know," the figure gasps. "Help me... I'm next..." Behind the figure, lightning flashes again, and suddenly there is a war razor at her own throat...

Merian sits bolt upright, reaching for her throat as she chokes off a shout. There is no blood. The dim grey light of the predawn slips into her room through the slats of the shuttered window, and all is as it was before she fell asleep. Pulling on her tunic and breeches with unseemly haste, she grabs her sword and all but tumbles down the stairs into the kitchen where the others are waiting.

"The monument," Merian gasps as everyone turns to look at her. "It's the Splatter Man's ritual. Someone in this town has a name that begins with a V, and that person is going to die."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Great Scott! Characters having bad dreams without DM assistance :)

So, breakfast done, off to the graveyard, yes?

It is a cool, crisp day outside, clear skies but not much warmth in the air. There doesn't seem to be many folks about.

So, what's the plan? The 'old-timers' can show the others the Professor's tomb, you can go talk to the Church of Phrasma to see if they know of any cache, or you can go look for it by yourselves? Or all of these...


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan keeps his cloak about him to ward of the chill in the air. He remains silent on the journey to the grave and allows the others to pay their respects. After the respects have been given and they all look about with thoughts of their next step, "Perhaps we should go the church first. Perhaps they know of this cache of anti-dead weaponry or will allow us to puruse their grounds for it."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre once more plays a baleful tune on his instrument, evoking the mists that shroud the path to Pharesma's seat, where she sits in judgement. The tune becomes more peaceful and relaxed at its end, as the tune accompanies the dead to the lands of peace that Pharesma takes the good spirits. He bows to the professor's grave speaking, "Υπόλοιπο τον φίλο μου, γνωρίζουμε συνεχίζουμε σας Καταπολέμηση του κακού."

Eleven:

Rest my friend, know we continue your fight against evil. (Using Greek for Elven)

After all have had time to make their peace with Professor Lorimore, he answers Dillan's words. "I believe it is best to follow your late friend's path and find the false crypt in the Restlands, (at the intersection between Eversleep and the Black Path). I am sure the professor went there without permission from the church, as he was not certain that the current clergy at the Temple of Pharasma even knew that their predecessors had hidden items of protection down below. If we follow his footsteps, maybe we can make our way to the crypt without disturbing the locals, and that includes the clergy. If what Merian says is true, we don't have time for the bureaucracy of the church, for there is an innocent soul in danger from some power from beyond the grave. And I believe Merian, she is one who speaks with the divine, her words hold truth and meaning."


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

After visiting the gravesite and saying a blessing of Pharasma over the tomb, Cassandra turns to the others gathered around as Tre and Dillan discuss the next step "I agree with Dillan and say we should speak with the local clergy first. The townsfolk are already suspicous enough an dif we should be discovered opening a tomb, withour first securing the blessing or at least notifying the local priest of our intentions, it would only bolster the already negative mood."


Male Human Fighter 2

Arturin grabs a handful of dirt and spreads it on the grave, then takes a small knife out and makes some markings into the fresh grave. "Travel into the beyond without fear or regret. Rest well."

Turning to the others gathered. "It has been my experience that it is usually easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. I think it is agreed that we will be looking for this crypt regardless but if we alert them to our intentions and they refuse us then we could really cause some trouble."


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian pours a small amount of wine, carried with her from Kendra's house, onto the grave, then closes her eyes in prayer. She is silent for several minutes, but then opens them once more and joins the others as they plan.

"I'm not really comfortable with tomb raiding," she says, "but perhaps Petros had reason for not wanting to get the local priests involved." She doesn't look happy at the idea, though, and is uncharacteristically diffident and withdrawn from there on.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"Perhaps the Professor feared their superstitious nature," Dillan muses, "It may be best to slip in and not be noticed and never need ask for forgiveness. In fact I recall many of the Professors exploration going into areas and not clearing it with local...authorities shall we say."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret stands at the grave with an uncharacteristic solemn look on his face. He closes his eyes and say a few words in what one would assume is his native language of Hallit. When he is finished, he opens them again and looks to the rest of his party.

"We do what we must. If we have to enter a tomb to stop this, then so be it. I say we go now."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Listening to the discussion, Tre is quiet waiting for all to finish their thoughts. "Then its seems we go now, be prepared, we must be swift to enter, thence we can take precautions. Kendra, can you take us ther, once you have shown us the entrance, we shall go on together, leaving you to your daily routine." The elf is agitated, for crypts are never as straight forward as they seem, but needs must. This is a nervous time.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 at the entrance (or for the entrance)

We should perhaps instigate a default marching order once we get inside the place, shall we discuss in the OOC thread.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

I think we can institute a marching over in this thread. I think Barret and Arthurin in front, followed by Merian and Dillan. In the back will be Cassandra and Tre. I believe that to be a reasonable marching order.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Inside a dwelling, or tomb/dungeon, sadly enough Dillan would volunteer for point, he knows what his skills are and why he was employed by the professor. However on the outside and open areas, definitely in the middle. He would much rather hide amongst the group than be lone to the side or front.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

For Tre': Ευτυχώς Μάστερ παιχνίδι σας μιλάει ελληνικά!

Map of the Restlands graveyard

After paying your respects to the Professor's grave, you debate a bit about your best course of action then go look for the crypt mentioned in his notes.

There's an obvious candidate, located in the northeast corner of the Restlands, near the junction of the paths known as the Eversleep and
the Black Path, just where the notes said. This crypt is a freestanding granite mausoleum, the roof of which is decorated with a pair of leering gargoyle statues. A single stone door with a rusty looking lock sits in the mausoleum’s south facade.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan will look about the area for anyone else nearby or able to view the party...

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

If there is no one around he will step up to the tomb and inspect it's door area for anything foul...
Perception Trapfinding 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

If there are no traps he will attempt to open the lock...
Disable Device/Open Lock 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

And if there was/is a trap that he did detect he would attempt to remove/disable the trap...
Disable Device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre watches Dillan about his work, nodding and smiling to himself. The professor was a bit of a dark horse, such talents at his disposal, no doubt we need his services now. Thank you professor.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian, watching Dillan work, looks as though she is about to say something, but instead shakes her head and remains silent.

I was about to offer to spam guidance on those rolls, but I realized there's just no way Merian would pray for help robbing a grave...


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Merian Benvalla wrote:

Merian, watching Dillan work, looks as though she is about to say something, but instead shakes her head and remains silent.

I was about to offer to spam guidance on those rolls, but I realized there's just no way Merian would pray for help robbing a grave...

We're not grave-robbing. It's just breaking and entering. :)

Barret just stands there while Dillan works on the door. He looks around rather impatiently as though he would prefer to break down the door and get it over with.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As soon as Dillan begins to examine the lock, he finds that it is broken, its clasp melted by acid and then put back into place so that to casual observation the lock appears intact. He cannot detect any traps or anything else untoward, however.

A large raven flaps by and perches on a nearby tombstone, gazing at you all for a few moments before flying away again.

Going in?


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan removes the lock and tosses it to Tre',"It would seem someone else has been here and wanted it to look as if nothing had been disturbed." He sighs, "How tacky though...acid; it takes no skill." Dillan then moves to the door and opens it, "Ready?"

If there is no light below Dillan will pull one of his Sunrods from his back for light.


Male Human Fighter 2

"Lead the way, I will be right behind you." Arturin pulls the Bardiche off his back and prepares for what may lay ahead.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Whenever you are ready, little man. Lead the way."Says Barret as he cracks his knuckles.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dillan pulls open the door, seeing a flight of stone steps that leads down into the darkness of the cold earth. That sunrod might be a good idea!

Venturing down, he finds a large crypt lined with niches. It's very dusty down here. Straight ahead there are 2 doors. The crypt is 30' across, and it is 25' to the doors in front of you.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan hols up his free hand, a gesture he used often with the Professor; indicating for the others to stop. He doesn't check to see if they understood, Now this is what i'm talking about, cold damp, cut stone work...now where are you my love. He begins his task, slowly and with a smile...

Trapfinding/Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

He cautiously makes his way across the room, staying light on his feet ready to react to anything.


female human oracle of battle 4

With a frown upon seeing the darkened crypt, Merian leans over to Cassandra and touches the woman on the shoulder, murmuring, "Debesīs, pasargātu šo sievieti no ļauna," as she does so.

Casting protection from evil on her. Since I didn't ask, she can do a Will save to resist it if she wants to.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

All is quiet, the air stagnant and damp, as Dillan makes his way cautiously down into the crypt. In the dust and debris on the floor he can make out tracks leading across towards the left-hand door in the wall ahead. To his keen eyes it looks as if someone both came in and went back out again.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Can he make out any details about those tracks? Booted? Small humanoid, bare foot tracks, large humanoid, more than one, etc.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Man-sized walking boots, you reckon. Average-sized human feet...


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"What are we waiting for? Someone has been down here, we should follow." Barret says very abruptly, possibly breaking Dillan's concentration. It seems as though he is a bit anxious to be done with the crypt as soon as possible.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

And then the assilant comes from nowhere laying waist to our small expidition. Dillan waits a moment for the impending doom that is sure to befall them with the barbarians outburst. Realizing there is no attack coming he turns to the savage and in a low tone, "I would appreciate a degree of silence if you will. We are not here to wake the dead or alert anyone of our presence."

He then silently moves following the tracks to the door, once there he attempts to listen at the door and conduct an intial investigation of it.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception/Listening at the door 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Perception/Traps on/around the door 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
If there are traps/Disable Device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
And finally if the door is locked/Disable Device 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Not as sneaky as I would like but i'll take the rest! Woot!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Excellent display of your skills, Dillan!

You listen closely and examine the door minutely, but hear nothing save your own breathing and discover that the door is free of traps and does not even have a lock.

Pushing it open cautiously, you find yourself on a narrow landing, as wide as the chamber you have just traversed but a mere 10' wide, with a central flight of steps leading downwards further into darkness.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan continues down the path cautiously and ever alert for danger...

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

I love this dice roller! :D


Male Human Fighter 2

Arturin follows about 10ft behind Dillan, attempting to be as stealthy as he can considering what he is wearing.
Stealth: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (14) - 3 = 11

Arturin has his Bardiche out and ready for action should it arise.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret will follow, not particularly stealthy, but he will look around and attempt to be alert.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre nods to himself as he watches Dillan's progress. As they move further on Tre stays to the shadows, keeping out of site as much as his rich robes allow.

Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

At the bottom of the steps, Dillan finds himself in a large chamber, much wider than the one above. Straight in front of him there is a sarcophagus on a raised dais.

Map

Is anyone staying outside or are you all going to follow Dillan?


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret will follow the little man into the chamber.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian, still clearly uncomfortable, remains hovering in the doorway.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Can Dillan see/make out what the object/item is in the top left corner?

Dillan takes in the room eyeing it for dangers...

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Then continues stealthfully into the room ever alert for dangers...

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Perception/Traps 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Male Human Fighter 2

Arturin keeps 5ft between he and Dillan as to not disturb his concentration too much but advances with him, Bardiche at the ready.
Perception to notice any dangers. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre seems to get quite interested when Dillan mentions the sarcophagus on a raised dais. "Perhaps, if you've made sure it is safe, I could spend some time looking at it? There's nothing like a little research to help things along and make a place interesting." says Tre as he waits for Dillan to finish his work. Thence he starts to study for writings and to see if there is knowledge to be gleaned.


Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Knowledge(history) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Knowledge(nobility) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Knowledge(religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan wouldn't of pointed out the tomb yet. Sorry Tre' he's in sneak discover mode...scouting if you will then all about reporting findings later. So unless someone else said something about it, or sees it, he hasn't said anything at all from his initial comment to Barret.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Tre' may look around the upper chamber - close examination of the carvings, etc., reveal that the whole thing is phony. It's designed to look like religious iconography, but it isn't... :)

Dillan, the faint tracks you've been following lead straight to the sarcophagus. The item to top left you asked about appears to be debris dragged in here and piled up as if something had been nesting in here.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan will examine the Sarcophagus for traps and to see how it is opened...

Perception/Traps 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

If there are any he will attempt to disable them...

Disable Device/Traps 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre calls to Merian, "You understand the ways of the church and gods, do you not? At least you understand the divine, so what do you make of placing a false tomb and crypt here? Ask, why is this here, what is it for and what did the Professor find here and where."


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Postmonster ate my original post
Cassandra will look at Merian and with a shrug of her shoulders enter the tomb. "Better to be inside, away from prying eyes, than to be found standing in front of an open tomb."
Once inside Cassandra will look around the upper chamber with Tre.
As Dillan prepares to descend to the lower chamber Cassandra will cast Shield of Faith on him.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dillan, you examine the sarcophagus closely. It appears that the top slides sideways, and it's counterbalanced so that minimal effort is required. There is no locking mechanism, nor any overt traps.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Feeling that the sarcophagus is not trapped and recalling his place with the professor Dillan looks to make sure the others are ready and opens the sarcophagus...


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret nods his head to signify that he is ready for whatever comes.


female human oracle of battle 4
Tre'duinne Braeguldae wrote:
Tre calls to Merian, "You understand the ways of the church and gods, do you not? At least you understand the divine, so what do you make of placing a false tomb and crypt here? Ask, why is this here, what is it for and what did the Professor find here and where."

Merian takes a few steps into the room, looking at the carvings and frescoes, but her heart doesn't seem to be in it. She shakes her head, replying, "If Petros was right, it's because the Pharasmin church never planned to inter anybody here. You don't waste real prayers on fake tombs."

Knowledge (religion) in case there's anything else that occurs to her: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre nods at Merian's words and watches as Dillan opens the sarcophagus.

351 to 400 of 2,729 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.