Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Megan's Carrion Crown

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Carrion Crown AP.


301 to 350 of 3,135 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

With a sigh Tre responds to Merian, "You may call me, Tre'duinne or Tre, I realize it is not easy for some of the newer races to speak our names. I believe Dillan speaks sense, I certainly don't want to return there until the population have quietened down a bit. Even before this last horror, we were menaced by a group of locals as we went to take the Professor to his resting place. Fortunately one of the mourners persuaded them to disperse, but it should be a lesson to us. We cannot, as strangers and as friends of the Professor expect to be welcome here. They may feel we too are necromancers and friends of dark magic, which I know you obviously are not. I doubt we shall learn enough by returning to the monument, but feel free if you want to. I would rather study things here and rest."

The elf continues his study and asks if he can use the late Professor's and Kendra's library to read a more detailed history of the town.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Tre'duinne Braeguldae wrote:

With a sigh Tre responds to Merian, "You may call me, Tre'duinne or Tre, I realize it is not easy for some of the newer races to speak our names. I believe Dillan speaks sense, I certainly don't want to return there until the population have quietened down a bit. Even before this last horror, we were menaced by a group of locals as we went to take the Professor to his resting place. Fortunately one of the mourners persuaded them to disperse, but it should be a lesson to us. We cannot, as strangers and as friends of the Professor expect to be welcome here. They may feel we too are necromancers and friends of dark magic, which I know you obviously are not. I doubt we shall learn enough by returning to the monument, but feel free if you want to. I would rather study things here and rest."

The elf continues his study and asks if he can use the late Professor's and Kendra's library to read a more detailed history of the town.

"I do not think anyone will mistake me for a necromancer, elf." Barret chuckles. "It would not hurt for us newcomers to at least see the monument, would it?" He asks.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

"You do not know the mind of the frightened, who knows what the fear that invades their hearts and minds will do. They may not be as rational as you think, but as I said I would not stop you from your investigations. But I am sure Dillan and I have seen enough for one day. Though I leave Dillan to speak for himself, should he want to accompany you."

Tre will look for entries in the Library regarding the Church in Ravengro, especially the church of Pheresma, where he hopes that might go tomorrow.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Tre'duinne Braeguldae wrote:

"You do not know the mind of the frightened, who knows what the fear that invades their hearts and minds will do. They may not be as rational as you think, but as I said I would not stop you from your investigations. But I am sure Dillan and I have seen enough for one day. Though I leave Dillan to speak for himself, should he want to accompany you."

Tre will look for entries in the Library regarding the Church in Ravengro, especially the church of Pheresma, where he hopes that might go tomorrow.

"You may have a point. Though if Merian would like to still go, I will go with her. It may give us an idea of what is going on here. If any trouble starts, I am sure we can handle it." He says confidently.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"If there is enough light in this day, then it would be best for you to go now." Dillan looks at the newcomers as a whole, "Though if the dark is fast approaching I think you would have the same luck in noticing something as you would in the morning. Tre speaks true of the peoples' superstitious nature here." He turns his focus to the large barbarian, "In their minds just by being an outsider you are now befouled, a necromancer or perhaps even his pet?"

He begins to walk back to the kitchen, "If you are new to Ustalav then you are most assuredly new to their prejudice and customs. Do not put anything past these people." He stops at the door, "Tre, care for a drink while you read?"


female human oracle of battle 4

"Tre, then," Merian says gratefully. "We will have to see whether our good intentions will be protection enough for now," she continues with a shrug. "I'm leaving behind my armor, in the hopes that it will make me look less threatening. Barret, I'd be happy to have you along." Looking around one more time to see whether anyone else is coming, she nods and heads out.

The purpose of the trip is really just to verify that we don't have any information available that's been missed - I noticed that Tre and Dillan hadn't made any Knowledge (religion) or Spellcraft checks at the monument before, so I thought I'd make sure we have a chance to roll them in case there is something to be learned. Megan, if there's not, we can fast forward through the trip, unless something else happens of course...


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

"Sure Dillan, some cordial or something refreshing and light, I need my wits about me, don't want to dull them with too much wine. But thank you, a very fine thought."

Turning back to Merrian, "Then good luck, be charming to the locals, it will work better than force. I wish you well on your journey, anything you find out will hopefully draw us nearer to understand the cause."

If you are gonna do the knowledge and spellcraft rolls, it might be best to do them now so Megan can use them, it might be quicker than waiting for Megan to ask for them. Just a thought.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Merian Benvalla wrote:


"Tre, then," Merian says gratefully. "We will have to see whether our good intentions will be protection enough for now," she continues with a shrug. "I'm leaving behind my armor, in the hopes that it will make me look less threatening. Barret, I'd be happy to have you along." Looking around one more time to see whether anyone else is coming, she nods and heads out.

"Thank you. You should take your armor with you though. A warrior should always be ready." He says that last part as though he was repeating it to himself as much as anything.


Male Human Fighter 2

"You two have fun out there and be careful. For myself, I have had a long trip here, I could use food, a chance to clean up and some rest before we head out in the morning."


female human oracle of battle 4
Tre'duinne Braeguldae wrote:
If you are gonna do the knowledge and spellcraft rolls, it might be best to do them now so Megan can use them, it might be quicker than waiting for Megan to ask for them. Just a thought.

Point taken.

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Knowledge (planes) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan nods at Tre and continues into the kitchen; fetches some glasses a simple bottle of common wine as well as some cheeses if he can locate them and returns to the common room. Setting the 'tray' down he pours himself and Tre glasses, grabs of some of the cheese, sits back and enjoys the refreshment. "Anything interesting in there?" He says after a time to Tre.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Whenever you are ready, Merian. We should make this quick, just try to keep up." Barret says with a challenging grin. He starts to head towards the door.

I know you did perception checks, but no survival checks to track. So in case it is relevant I will do both in case you guys missed anything.

Survival
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Perception
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian grins back, albeit briefly, and falls into step alongside the barbarian as they head toward the monument once more.

Oh what the heck: Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
....or not.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre sips, small sips, of the drink Dillan provided, "Really I'm not sure, there is much about this mystery we have yet to uncover. We need to know more about the prisoners, who they were? Exactly what did happen when the prison burnt down, do we know everything, I doubt it? Questions remain and why would an organization as secretive as 'The Whispering Way' be involved?" Tre slumps, holding his head in his hands, shakin it from side to side, his hair hanging down hiding his visage from view.

"Who were the 5 prisoners? And if the prisoners and warden had been trapped by a deadfall, why the fire? For it is said the fire saved the town? Many questions but no nearer the answers. I will get a good nights sleep, then tomorrow some answers, hopefully answering some of them might get us closer to understanding why the memorial was defaced?"


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan raises an eyebrow, "Why does it matter who the prisoners were?"


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27
Dillan Surestep wrote:
Dillan raises an eyebrow, "Why does it matter who the prisoners were?"

"I'm not altogether sure, but it was important to the Professor, so there must be something in it. Besides, if you believe the stories of ghosts at Harrowstone, then you would not be surprised if the most evil of the spirits are the most corrupted and depraved souls of the vilest criminals. Remember, at the time Harrowstone burned, five particularly notorious criminals had recently arrived at the prison. The question is, was that coincidence or what? And in death, do their evil spirits bring fear and despair to those who enter the prison grounds. We must find out, surely there must be records of this in the town somewhere, in the temple or maybe the mayor could help. They might be a local historian, a library or something. We can ask Kendra, when she has calmed down a bit in the morning?"

"It is knowledge that will be the key to solving the mystery of the Professor's death, or at least to keep us alive when we return to investigate."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"Perhaps the fire was no accident at all." Dillan sips from his glass, "Perhaps those criminals in question were all worshipers in this dark cult and in turn were attempting to find an eternal unrest?"

Dillan eats some of the cheese then continues, "When I entered the grounds...something wasn't right. I felt as if something was...well watching me, was with me and it was not a good feeling. I agree that it might be best to find whatever 'weapons' the church might have to combat this that the professor believed they had."


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Before the others depart:
Cassandra returns from the kitchen to give Mistress Lorimor a chance to compose herself in peace and sits down to listen to the conversation. As the group prepares to depart, Cassandra admits "As much as it pains me, I must agree with Master Tre. My people are quite parochial and distrustful of outsiders. I'm afraid if you're caught "snooping" around the monument after such a desecration the townspeople will likely blame you for it, even though you were not here when it occured. Right now they are scared and will likely be looking for scapegoats." She breathes a heavy sigh "I have known that type of fear before and it is not a burden I would like to shoulder again. So as for me, I will stay here for the evening and venture out to the site in the morning. I wish you luck but more than that I urge your caution."

After Kendra reappears Cassandra will ask "Madame, Master Tre mentioned a chest of books your father had left for us to deliver to Liepstadt. I have always found your father's choice of "literature" to be most enlightening. Is there a chance that I might peruse these books and see for myself?"


female human oracle of battle 4
Cassandra Blackmoore wrote:

Before the others depart:

Cassandra returns from the kitchen to give Mistress Lorimor a chance to compose herself in peace and sits down to listen to the conversation. As the group prepares to depart, Cassandra admits "As much as it pains me, I must agree with Master Tre. My people are quite parochial and distrustful of outsiders. I'm afraid if you're caught "snooping" around the monument after such a desecration the townspeople will likely blame you for it, even though you were not here when it occured. Right now they are scared and will likely be looking for scapegoats." She breathes a heavy sigh "I have known that type of fear before and it is not a burden I would like to shoulder again. So as for me, I will stay here for the evening and venture out to the site in the morning. I wish you luck but more than that I urge your caution."

Still before we leave:

Merian shakes her head firmly. "We are strangers here, it's true, but we're supposed to stay here for a month," she replies. "We can't be strangers forever. Most importantly, if we're going to get to the bottom of this mystery, we're probably going to need the help of Ravengro's people. If we're afraid, that only teaches them to fear us. Trust is earned by being given. We need to reach out, not cower here."

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Been distracted by a job interview... not (purposely) neglecting you.

Those who wish to study at the Professor's house have the run of his books - the place is a bit like my house, books everywhere rather than in a library. If there's anything in particular you'd like to look for, please speak up.

Those who want to examine the monument can go and do so. Please make the appropriate skill checks for whatever you want to do.

I'll deal with both in the/my morning, I'm falling out my tree right now!


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Megan Robertson wrote:

Been distracted by a job interview... not (purposely) neglecting you.

Those who wish to study at the Professor's house have the run of his books - the place is a bit like my house, books everywhere rather than in a library. If there's anything in particular you'd like to look for, please speak up.

Those who want to examine the monument can go and do so. Please make the appropriate skill checks for whatever you want to do.

I'll deal with both in the/my morning, I'm falling out my tree right now!

Check out our previous posts, we have already made our skill checks. I made survival and perception checks while Merian made spellcraft and knowledge checks.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Told you I was tired last night, Barret! OK, here goes...

It is now mid-afternoon.

In the house:

Kendra regains her composure and makes a large pot of tea.

Tre'duinne, you hit the books, looking for information about the town's history. Dillan, you get the snacks in (Kendra asks if you folks like cake, as she gets some comfort from the domestic arts and will bake some...). You can find some light wines and cheese, no problems. Maybe you can get Chi to help carry... :)

Cassandra, you ask about the Professor's box of books. Kendra leaves off her baking to fetch it for you.

Going to the monument:

Merian and Barret, you head out. Clouds are gathering and it's beginning to drizzle. At least that means that most of the townsfolk have gone inside.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Tre'duinne

You start reading. Originally, Harrowstone housed only local criminals, but as the prison's fame spread, other counties and distant lands began paying to have more dangerous criminals housed within its walls. At the time of the great Harrowstone Fire, the number of particularly violent or dangerous criminals imprisoned within the dungeons below was at an all-time high. The five most notorious prisoners in Harrowstone at the time of the great fire were Father Charlatan, the Lopper, the Mosswater Marauder, the Piper of Illlmarsh, and the Splatter Man.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Chi T'reignial

You get fascinated as well, and start digging into the history of the five notorious convicts.

Of the five notorious prisoners, only Father Charlatan was not technically a murderer, yet his crimes were so blasphemous that several churches demanded he be punished to the full extent of Ustalavic law. Although he claimed to be an ordained priest of any number of faiths, Father Corvin was in fact a traveling con artist who used faith as a mask and a means to bilk the faithful out of money in payment for false miracles or cures. He became known as Father Charlatan after his scheme was exposed and his Sczarni accomplices murdered a half-dozen city guards in an attempt to make good the group's escape. His real name, as far as could be ascertained, was Sefick Corvin.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Cassandra

Kendra fetches you a small oak and iron chest. The key's in the lock. Inside you find the Professor's journal (a leather-bound book with 'Read me now' scratched into the leather) and four other tomes, each bearing a label saying to whom they should be delivered. Three are due to go to Montagnie Crowl, who is a professor of antiquities at Lepidstadt University. The last is to be given to Embreth Daramid, a judge at the Lepidstadt Courthouse, but his home address is given with the additional instruction that the book needs to be delivered discretely!

The first book you lift out has a rich purple cover which contains a brass scarab set with a single eye in its centre. Its title is Manual of the Order of the Palatine Eye. This is the one to go to Daramid.

The others are a jet-black book titled On Verified Madness, one called Serving Your Hunger, and The Umbral Leaves.

Which would you like to read first? And does anyone else want to take one?

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Merian and Barret

When you reach the monument, it's deserted. The Harrowstone Memorial, to give it it's formal title, is a 25-foot-tall, moss-covered stone statue that overlooks the river. The statue depicts a proud, muscular human man dressed in leathers and wielding a truncheon — the inscription shows that this is a depiction of Warden Hawkran. A total of 25 names — the guards who died in the fire of 4661, as well as the warden's wife, Vesorianna — are chiseled into the statue's stone base. It is here on the base that someone has written a large letter V in blood, before splattering more blood around randomly.

Searching the area, you find the exsanguinated remains of a large rat, as well as a wineskin that looks like it was used to collect the blood. The rat met its end from a single very precise and clean slash across the throat. The blade must have been very sharp and straight-edged. Merian, you think that a war-razor might have been used.

It all looks a bit ritualistic, but not according to the practises of any religion or arcane tradition that either of you have heard about.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Megan Robertson wrote:

Merian and Barret

When you reach the monument, it's deserted. The Harrowstone Memorial, to give it it's formal title, is a 25-foot-tall, moss-covered stone statue that overlooks the river. The statue depicts a proud, muscular human man dressed in leathers and wielding a truncheon — the inscription shows that this is a depiction of Warden Hawkran. A total of 25 names — the guards who died in the fire of 4661, as well as the warden's wife, Vesorianna — are chiseled into the statue's stone base. It is here on the base that someone has written a large letter V in blood, before splattering more blood around randomly.
Searching the area, you find the exsanguinated remains of a large rat, as well as a wineskin that looks like it was used to collect the blood. The rat met its end from a single very precise and clean slash across the throat. The blade must have been very sharp and straight-edged. Merian, you think that a war-razor might have been used.
It all looks a bit ritualistic, but not according to the practises of any religion or arcane tradition that either of you have heard about.

"A rat, a symbol of a betrayer where I am from. Betraying a brother or sister is punishable by death in my clan." Barret says with a grim look on his face. "What do you think, Merian?" He asks as he turns to look at the servant of the Inheritor.

After a few moments...

"We should hurry back. Winning two races makes me hungry." He says as he starts to sprint back, the grim look fading as the familiar challenging grin replaces it.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan will grab up Verified Madness and give it a read.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian shakes her head, confused and worried, kneeling down near the monument to squint at the "V." "It's nothing I've heard about, but I'm certainly no expert. But it feels... I'm not sure. My instincts say it's either something I haven't heard about or someone trying to create some kind of ritual on their own. Either way, I don't think animal sacrifice or using blood's a good sign." She looks up at the barbarian. "If it happens again, that will tell us a lot. I just hope we don't learn more than we want to." She closes her eyes for a few moments, murmuring a soft prayer for the brave souls whose deaths are marked by the monument, then opens them once more and stands up. "We should keep our eyes open for someone carrying a war razor. Spotting one won't mean we found whoever did this - it's not like they're all that uncommon - but it would be something to go on." Wiping the rain from her eyes, Merian follows Barret back to the Lorrimor house, and although she tries to get into the spirit of the race, it's clear her heart isn't in it.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre and Chi are the same...well they are both my characters in different games, seems Chi slipped in here by mistake, she normally posts in a Serpents Skull game...I get tired too Megan... :)


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Merian Benvalla wrote:
Merian shakes her head, confused and worried, kneeling down near the monument to squint at the "V." "It's nothing I've heard about, but I'm certainly no expert. But it feels... I'm not sure. My instincts say it's either something I haven't heard about or someone trying to create some kind of ritual on their own. Either way, I don't think animal sacrifice or using blood's a good sign." She looks up at the barbarian. "If it happens again, that will tell us a lot. I just hope we don't learn more than we want to." She closes her eyes for a few moments, murmuring a soft prayer for the brave souls whose deaths are marked by the monument, then opens them once more and stands up. "We should keep our eyes open for someone carrying a war razor. Spotting one won't mean we found whoever did this - it's not like they're all that uncommon - but it would be something to go on." Wiping the rain from her eyes, Merian follows Barret back to the Lorrimor house, and although she tries to get into the spirit of the race, it's clear her heart isn't in it.

"It is definitely not a good sign. I will be on the look out for anyone with such a weapon. " Barret nods in agreement.

When he notices the warrior woman's lack of enthusiasm on the way back to the Lorrimor house he will slow down and speak up."Buck up, Merian. We will find out the truth behind this mystery. In the meantime, we should find out if Kendra has any drink at the house. That should raise everyone's spirits!" Barret grins playfully in an attempt to cheer up the dour looking priestess.


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Intrigued by the purple book, Cassandra will take it out of the chest and begin reading through it.


female human oracle of battle 4

"I suppose I could use a drink, at that," Merian nods.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Merian Benvalla wrote:
"I suppose I could use a drink, at that," Merian nods.

Seeing Merian's mood brighten seems to calm Barret. "Of course, a strong mead and friends to share it with can brighten any day." He says as he quickens his pace enthusiastically.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

doting...back tomorrow

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dillan, you take a look at On Verified Madness. This turns out to be a treatise on aberrations and other entities found on Golarion that possess remote ties to the Dark Tapestry, the name given to the dark places between the stars in the night sky.

Cassandra, you reach for the gaudy purple book. The book's covers are rimmed in polished steel and clasped with a small but intricate lock, the keyhole of which appears to be for a key with a strange, triangular shaft. The key is nowhere to be found - looks like you will either have to pick or break the lock!

Tre'Duinne, you continue to read about those five particularly infamous convicts. The next one you read about was called The Splatter Man by the popular press. Professor Feramin was a celebrated scholar of Anthroponomastics (the study of personal names and their origins) at the Quartrefaux Archives in Caliphas. Yet an accidental association with a succubus twisted and warped his study, turning it into an obsession. Feramin became obsessed with the power of a name and how he could use it to terrify and control. Soon enough, his reputation was ruined, he'd lost his tenure, and he'd developed an uncontrollable obsession with an imaginary link between a person's name and what happens to that name when the person dies. Every few days, he would secretly arrange for his victim to find a letter from her name written in blood, perhaps smeared on a wall or spelled out with carefully arranged entrails. Once he had spelled his victim’s name, he would at last come for her, killing her in a gory mess using a complex trap or series of rigged events meant to look like an accident. Really bizarre stuff... once they invent the movies, it will make a magnificent horror film!

Barret and Merian eventually return home as dusk is falling, wetter if not wiser. Kendra, who seems to have cheered up a bit, asks if you'd like her to mull you some wine.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Well, if you do not have any real drink, I suppose this woman's booze will do. Any alcohol is better than none." Barret says with a shrug. "Only if Merian drinks with me, of course. You are invited as well, Kendra. You seem like you could use some fun yourself. Drinking alone is unbecoming of a proper warrior." He says to the battle maiden and then to the formerly distraught owner of the home.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian snorts at Barret's description of mulled wine, replying, "Actually, that would be perfect, Miss Lorrimor. And yes, please join us. As we missed your father's funeral yesterday, I don't feel as though I've had a chance to properly say goodbye to him - or to remember him with those who loved him."

Here's hoping that doesn't upset her again...

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Come into the kitchen," says Kendra. "The fire is lit and you can hang your cloaks to dry. If you like, I'll take you to my father's grave in the morning, if you wish to pay your respects."

She busies herself mulling wine, the smell of cinammon and other spices soon fills the air.

Tre'duinne's studies now take him to read of The Lopper, the popular name for one Vance Saetressle, an unpleasant fellow. When the Lopper stalked prey, he would hide in the most unlikely of places, sometimes for days upon end with only a few supplies to keep him going while he waited for the exact right moment to strike. Once his target was alone, the Lopper would emerge to savagely behead his victim with a handaxe.

It's getting quite late. Kendra's made a stew for supper, and there's cake to follow.

Anyone want to do anything else tonight, or can we - untoward events permitting - move on to the next day?


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian nurses her one cup of wine throughout the night, exchanging stories with the other guests of their experiences with Petros Lorrimor. Before it gets too late, she quietly excuses herself, returns to her room, carefully restacks the armor from the bed on the floor, and drops quickly off to sleep.

Moving to tomorrow works for me. FYI, I will be fairly busy this weekend, so for the next few days I will probably only manage to check the boards once a day or so. DMPC me if I hold anything up.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret will drink until he actually feels it, which won't be for a while. He will gladly exchange stories with the group. Any involving himself slightly exaggerated of course. Barret will also eat his fill of stew and cake. "So where can I sleep?" He asks when he is done with his food. After he is done, he will stomp his way upstairs to pass out.

Yes, I am ready to move on.


Male Human Fighter 2

Arturin finally wanders back to the kitchen, a towel still in hand. "Now I feel proper. Did I miss anything while I was becoming human again?"
This is just idle chit chat, I have been keeping up on the goings on, it just hasn't really fit my character to be talking about books or exploring blood on statues. Feel free to continue to the following morning.


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Cassandra will look at the book, turning it over in her hands. She will then inquire of Dillan "Did any of you find a strange shaped key with the Professor's belongings? This book is locked and it looks like it requires a specially shaped key to open it."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan takes the book from Cassandra eyeing the lock, "Well no key that I know of but perhaps I can bypass the need for a key. As the professor used to say: 'You have a unique skillset I could make use of.' and with that skill he truly did. It was the least I could do for him after what he did for me." And the last bit Dillan subconsciously strokes his ear and once aware of his physical actions he quickly stops. "Let me get my things." He quickly jumps up to be removed from his own akward situation to retrieve his picks.

Returning shortly, "Let's see what I can do about this lock."

Disable Device to open the lock 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

If it's possible he would take 10 or 20 which would set the total to 22 or 32 respectively.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dillan, you're going to have to take 20, but your perseverance pays off and you manage to pop the lock without damaging anything. Well done!

Although written in Varisian, it's in a sort of code, and it takes quite a lot of figuring out. It contains detailed descriptions of a number of ancient ceremonies, both magical and mundane, they are more concerned with purely arcane or mathematical topics and have very little sinister about them at all...

... but a bit more thought brings the revelation that this book is one of the principal works of the Esoteric Order of the Palatine Eye, a secretive sect whose members have deep interests in all things political and arcane.

And so to bed....


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre has much to ponder, he bids those left adieu and climbs the stairs to his bed. It's not like him an elf to be so disturbed, but reading about those criminals does not rest easy with him.

In the morning, his eyes take longer to open, weary from last nights intense reading. Rubbing his eyes, he goes downstairs for breakfast with Kendra and his associates. "Well Kendra, I hope today we will be able to discover some tools to help protect us against whatever evils exist in the Harrowstone. We shall follow your father's path and find the false crypt in the Restlands at the intersection between Eversleep and the Black Path. It is not certain if the current clergy at the Temple of Pharasma even know of what their predecessors have hidden down below, so maybe we can make our way there disturbing the locals. If we can do that, after we have let the others pay their respects, we should have a productive day."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24
Tre'duinne Braeguldae wrote:
so maybe we can make our way there disturbing the locals. [/b]

should read..

so maybe we can make our way there WITHOUT disturbing the locals.


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

That night Cassandra goes to sleep after reading the new found book.

In the morning she wakes, bleary eyed, and goes downstairs to join the others for the pilgrimage to the Professor's crypt so she can pay her last respects.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret wakes late into the morning with a roaring yawn. He stomps his way downstairs to meet up with the rest of the group. During breakfast, he asks with a mouthful, "What are we doing today?"


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Hearing the loud barbarian stomp his way down Dillan turns to the others; who now notice that he is present in the room, "Won't be much use for my skills with that one around." He takes a seat at the table grabs up some bread and juice, "Of course his lightest footsteps will most likely wake the dead." Dillan laughs to himself and enjoys his light meal as the barbarian enters the room...

301 to 350 of 3,135 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.