Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Megan's Carrion Crown

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Carrion Crown AP.


251 to 300 of 2,728 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 2

Arturin steps towards Barret, interposing himself between Barret and Merian. "Plenty close enough there clannie. You wish me to assume that the professor associated with one such as you?"


female human oracle of battle 4

"It wouldn't surprise me," Merian says. "Petros was pretty open to talking to anyone he thought might have a good story to tell." She nonetheless eyes the larger man warily. "Corporal Merian Benvalla, Fourth Crusade. This is Arturin... Vesket, it was, yes?" With the faintest of nods to the barbarian, Merian continues, "If you are truly a friend of Petros Lorrimor, then I am honored to meet you, Barret of Clan Soulfang."


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

After several attempts to get directions to the Professor's residence Cassandra is finally able to get the necessary information. As she approaches she sees two warriors standing outside the house being confronted by a hulking figure of a man.
Seeing the situation begining to escalate, Cassandra steps in between the two men. "Is this Professor Lorrimor's residence? My name is Cassandra Blackmoore of Redleaf and I must offer my condolences and appologies to the Professor's daughter. Her letter to me arrived late and while travelling here the axle on the coach broke causing my delayed arrival." Turning to face the giant, she continues "Can you tell me where I can find Kendra Lorrimor, please"


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian's face falls when this new arrival appears. So many of us were late... Did Petros have anyone at his funeral? The poor man... and his poor daughter...

Shaking off the thought, Merian forces a smile for Cassandra. "Miss Blackmoore. We are Merian Benvalla, Arturin Vesket and Barret of Clan Soulfang... to all appearances, your fellow mourners." The smile fades away again. Glancing at the two men next to them, Merian adds, "Perhaps we should knock? This isn't truly a large enough porch for all of us."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Arturin Vesket wrote:
Arturin steps towards Barret, interposing himself between Barret and Merian. "Plenty close enough there clannie. You wish me to assume that the professor associated with one such as you?"

"Clannie? Is that supposed to be some kind of insult? That's cute kid." Barret says with a laugh.

Merian Benvalla wrote:


"It wouldn't surprise me," Merian says. "Petros was pretty open to talking to anyone he thought might have a good story to tell." She nonetheless eyes the larger man warily. "Corporal Merian Benvalla, Fourth Crusade. This is Arturin... Vesket, it was, yes?" With the faintest of nods to the barbarian, Merian continues, "If you are truly a friend of Petros Lorrimor, then I am honored to meet you, Barret of Clan Soulfang."

"Good to meet you, Merian. I am honored to meet you as well. You should tell your boy to stand down, though. No one needs to get hurt here. I wasn't planning on busting any skulls, but I will if he insists on it." He says to Merrian.

Cassandra Blackmoore wrote:


After several attempts to get directions to the Professor's residence Cassandra is finally able to get the necessary information. As she approaches she sees two warriors standing outside the house being confronted by a hulking figure of a man.
Seeing the situation begining to escalate, Cassandra steps in between the two men. "Is this Professor Lorrimor's residence? My name is Cassandra Blackmoore of Redleaf and I must offer my condolences and appologies to the Professor's daughter. Her letter to me arrived late and while travelling here the axle on the coach broke causing my delayed arrival." Turning to face the giant, she continues "Can you tell me where I can find Kendra Lorrimor, please"

"Hey there little lady. I didn't know the professor knew someone like you. Don't worry about it, I got waylaid by this nasty beast. But as per usual, I took him down with my bare hands. I assume his daughter lives here. These two(pointing to the others) got here first." Barret says while giving Cassandra a once over with his eyes.


Male Human Fighter 2

"Alright then, we are all appear to be here for the same reason, lets get this over with so I can enjoy some fresh air away from this beast. I guess I will take the initiative and actually knock on the door and see if anyone is home."
Arturin steps up to the door and knocks on it.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Arturin Vesket wrote:

"Alright then, we are all appear to be here for the same reason, lets get this over with so I can enjoy some fresh air away from this beast. I guess I will take the initiative and actually knock on the door and see if anyone is home."

Arturin steps up to the door and knocks on it.

"Go right ahead, kid. Though there is plenty of fresh air out here." Barret says taking a breath while ignoring Arturin's attempt at an insult.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

As the man and woman, are joined by another outside Kendra's house, Tre calls out, he gave his word, he and Dillan must discover if they are friend of foe, before they can get a chance to harm Kendra. He asks Dillan to do his best to hide and come out in surprise if things take a turn for the worse. "Hold, excuse me, but may I ask what business you have with the occupant? These last days have been fraught and I am sure she does not want a band of wandering mercenaries taking residence? There have been enough misadventure and superstitious behavior to make one wary of uninvited guests in these times. So speak?"

A tall well dressed elf strides with dignity and some courage to the stand in front of the door, awaiting the strangers answers.

Don't bother re-writing the introduction stuff for Tre's benefit.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Tre'duinne Braeguldae wrote:

As the man and woman, are joined by another outside Kendra's house, Tre calls out, he gave his word, he and Dillan must discover if they are friend of foe, before they can get a chance to harm Kendra. He asks Dillan to do his best to hide and come out in surprise if things take a turn for the worse. "Hold, excuse me, but may I ask what business you have with the occupant? These last days have been fraught and I am sure she does not want a band of wandering mercenaries taking residence? There have been enough misadventure and superstitious behavior to make one wary of uninvited guests in these times. So speak?"

A tall well dressed elf strides with dignity and some courage to the stand in front of the door, awaiting the strangers answers.

Don't bother re-writing the introduction stuff for Tre's benefit.

"Hey, no need to be so worried." Barret says to the elf. "Kendra invited the 4 of us. Though the boy is a little high strung, you got nothing to fear from us. We all knew Lorrimor when he was among the living." He continues.


female human oracle of battle 4

"Band of wandering mercenaries?" What does he think we are, some kind of adventuring party or something? ;)

Merian nods in agreement with Barret, introducing the group around once more. She adds, "Your protective zeal is all well and good, but who exactly are you to be standing in our way?" Her tone is one of curiosity rather than challenge.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan nods, acknowledging Tre's plan, and slips into the shadows...
Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Rather skillfully might I add! Woot!

Dillan moves about placing himself in a more advantageous position in regards to the strangers.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

"We have given our word to protect Miss Kendra, it is perhaps the last honor we can do the late professor. It was my privilege to play a dirge to accompany his procession to the grave, in the company of his many friends and daughter. He was laid to rest yesterday, if you wish to pay your respects we can take you to his grave tomorrow. Tonight, if Kendra is willing, then we have time for you to introduce yourselves to her. Tre looks around, but sees Dillan gone and out of sight, he face is a face of concern, wondering where he could have disappeared to and thinking he may have a more skills than he imagined.

Tre, waits and watches the company, determining if there is any threat, despite their somewhat uncouth speech and behavior, they seem not to present any menace to Kendra. He looks sympathetically at them, for not everyone has had the advantage of Tre's privileged and affluent background. He knocks on the door, "Kendra, you have more guests to honor your father's life. Though I'm not sure where Dillan went?"


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan watches as the act plays out before him, the shadows around him comforting him in his own security blanket; How can he trust them so easily? Ha, he’s damn lucky that foaming behemoth hasn’t ripped his ears off! Looking about at his immediate surroundings...How exactly would he think I could help him with this group? Sure the chain is no issue, take the blade at the right angle – right to the kidneys and let the man urinate as he bleeds out. The lass, she’s attractive; even with the short hair. But her armor says something of skill. Now the savage, well let’s just think about this one Dillan…yep need to buy some pepper.

Harpies lyrics! Did he just say my name!? Does he know anything about them? Wasn’t I supposed to be a surprise! Damned elf!

Dillan keeps an eye on the group at the door, also waiting for the response, his mind constantly looking for their weaknesses; after all what’s fair is fair, he saved your life the least you can do is offer yours for his daughter.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Tre'duinne Braeguldae wrote:

"We have given our word to protect Miss Kendra, it is perhaps the last honor we can do the late professor. It was my privilege to play a dirge to accompany his procession to the grave, in the company of his many friends and daughter. He was laid to rest yesterday, if you wish to pay your respects we can take you to his grave tomorrow. Tonight, if Kendra is willing, then we have time for you to introduce yourselves to her. Tre looks around, but sees Dillan gone and out of sight, he face is a face of concern, wondering where he could have disappeared to and thinking he may have a more skills than he imagined.

Tre, waits and watches the company, determining if there is any threat, despite their somewhat uncouth speech and behavior, they seem not to present any menace to Kendra. He looks sympathetically at them, for not everyone has had the advantage of Tre's privileged and affluent background. He knocks on the door, "Kendra, you have more guests to honor your father's life. Though I'm not sure where Dillan went?"

"Yes, we should meet this Kendra. Why don't you let me knock? She might not have heard." Barret says taking his meaty fist and pounding on the door a few times rather loudly. The porch shakes a tiny bit from the impact.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Eventually, Kendra opens the door. Her eyes are a bit red, but she seems composed enough.

"Hello? Can I help you...?"


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Megan Robertson wrote:

Eventually, Kendra opens the door. Her eyes are a bit red, but she seems composed enough.

"Hello? Can I help you...?"

I am Barret of Clan Soulfang. You sent some poor fool to find me? You should be use more caution, my clan almost killed him. I would have been here sooner, but I encountered some difficulties on the road." Barret says nodding to fresh injuries along his bicep.

Barret will also introduce everyone else as well.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

As the big man goes to the door, roughly and aggressively knocks, Tre moves back and starts to speak elven words of power.

Casts sleep on Barret, DC15 will save.

If Barret falls to the spell, Tre apologizes to Kendra and the others gathered and says, "Your friend has an aggressive streak, perhaps you can keep him under control, such barbaric behavior in civilised society may well bring him trouble. Please, he is your friend, when he wakes, keep his behavior restrained. Kendra are you alright, I can only humbly acknowledge my mistake in letting this man so near."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Tre'duinne Braeguldae wrote:

As the big man goes to the door, roughly and aggressively knocks, Tre moves back and starts to speak elven words of power.

Casts sleep on Barret, DC15 will save.

If Barret falls to the spell, Tre apologizes to Kendra and the others gathered and says, "Your friend has an aggressive streak, perhaps you can keep him under control, such barbaric behavior in civilised society may well bring him trouble. Please, he is your friend, when he wakes, keep his behavior restrained. Kendra are you alright, I can only humbly acknowledge my mistake in letting this man so near."

I wasn't trying to seem hostile, if thats what you were thinking. Sorry about the misunderstanding. lol

Will save

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret seems to get drowsy for a moment but he shakes it off. He looks around confused as to what happened, but ignores it and resumes watching the woman in the doorway waiting for her response.


female human oracle of battle 4

Spellcraft, DC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Smiling brightly at Kendra, Merian steps quickly behind the elf wizard and, through teeth gritted as she keeps the smile, hisses into his ear, "Listen, friend, I don't know exactly what you just did, but I'm pretty sure where I come from it would have constituted assault, and so far all that guy has done is knock real loud. The only thing keeping me from hauling you off to whatever passes for a sheriff in this sleepy little town is the fact that it didn't work. So do us all a favor here and back off."

As quickly as she stepped toward the elf, she steps away again, still smiling. "Miss Lorrimor?" It would seem you sent for all of us, to share the news of your father's passing. You have my condolences."


Male Human Fighter 2

Unless Sleep has changed significantly without me noticing, it should be a 10 ft radius burst and would affect 4 HD worth of creatures within that burst. The way I see it is that in order for it to affect Barret but not the rest of the party, it would have to have been cast behind Kendra (which means she needs to make a will save). Otherwise everyone else in the party (the 4 newcomers I am assuming) would have to make saves vs sleepy-time. Also being a full round cast means you are casting for a full 6 seconds, giving any spellcaster a chance to identify the spell as it is being cast and possibly stopping it.
Just my $.02


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Will save (if needed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Whoops, forgot about the 10ft .. sorry!!


Male Human Fighter 2

Not sure if we want to back this whole thing up to before the sleep spell or if we continue on with the sleep spell going off and then I need to make a Will save. It would give me another reason to not like Tre.
Spellcasters: Please make sure you know your spells and what they do, just makes things a little easier (as you can see).

Will save (if needed): 1d20 ⇒ 3


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

How about this:

Cassandra, realizing what the elf in front of her is about to do, reaches out her hands and gently holds of the spellcaster's hands in hers. Looking deep into hia eyes through the lenses of her glasses she says in elvish
"Saesi'm bai baer thys sar. Shi tael si Jhadia bai cas. Shi eisi ber caesi sai vae os vaeraes sai si vys shystal'm tharaes."

Elvish:

"There's no need for that. We are just here to pay our respects to the poor woman's father."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Merian Benvalla wrote:


As quickly as she stepped toward the elf, she steps away again, still smiling. "Miss Lorrimor?" It would seem you sent for all of us, to share the news of your father's passing. You have my condolences."

Oblivious as to what is going on between everyone, Barret just nods his head in agreement with Merian.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

OK, how are we working this sleep issue? I need to know before I post Dillans' actions as they will depend on how that is working.


female human oracle of battle 4

I think we're going with "Tre' started to cast, Cassandra interrupted him, Merian warned him not to do it again."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Merian Benvalla wrote:
I think we're going with "Tre' started to cast, Cassandra interrupted him, Merian warned him not to do it again."

Yes, I believe that is what we are going with, since that seems to be the best solution.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Good morning. You've been busy whilst I've been asleep.

OK, GM ruling: The "Tre' started to cast, Cassandra interrupted him, Merian warned him not to do it again" stands.

Being precise in the effects of a spell you wish to cast is good advice. Why do you think it takes wizards so long to learn to wave their arms and mutter a few words?

Kendra looked a bit surprised.

"It is good to see you all. My father... my father spoke of you, and had requested that you be summoned to hear his will. It seemed churlish to mention it yesterday, when those who'd made it in time were hearing it read, but I was wondering where you were. Come inside, all of you. I'll put some tea on, then get the will and the legacy that my father intended for you to be a part of as well as Tre'Duinne and Dillan."

She gestures for you all to enter.

"Oh, and don't start casting spells on each other. It's quite distracting..."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Thank you. It is much appreciated. It feels like we have been out here for days", Barret says as he takes the invitation and enters, turning sideways a bit to fit his broad frame through the doorway.


female human oracle of battle 4

"My lateness was not the result of a lack of desire to see your father to his final rest, I assure you," Merian answers quietly, saddened by the confirmation that she was in fact late, "and I am sure it was not for these others as well." The rest of Kendra's statement sinks in, however, and she looks startled. "We...I... was mentioned in his will?"


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan steps out of hiding as skillfully as he entered it and stands next to Tre, "It would appear there was supposed to be more pallbearers."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre aplogizes to Kendra and the newly arrived mourners, though his apology to Barret is less than enthusiastic. For the first time he introduces himself to the assembled group, "I, Tre'duinne Braeguldae, whose home is now amongst the good people of Caliphas; stay as a representative of his people and a friend of those whom reside in Ustalav. I have had the pleasure of serving those whose hands manipulate the events in this realm, its ministers and nobles, though it has never been my pleasure to have an audience with your Prince Ordranti III. And like my life's path crossed the professor's to our mutual benefit." He then tells his story of how they met and their relationship. Once he has finished he listens to the new mourners stories.

replay of original speech about his relationship with Professor Lorrimor:

The elf's golden long hair streams down from his head, before his eyes covering his face, as he looks down into the grave. Both his hands come up and slender fingers push back his locks behind pointed ears. He raises his face, a mournful smile on his lips. "If I may my lady Kendra, your father has been an inspirational and trusted teacher of all manner of things pertinent to this land. For none would have the breadth of knowledge that he has accrewed in his short lifetime. Though our first meeting was one of pure chance, when we both were furthering our studies at the Tombs of Yiondake. It was there as the moon waned in the sky, and dark clouds congregated overhead, that your father whilst finishing his studies disturbed some nameless soul, who had become trapped on this plane as a vengeful skeleton. Hearing the noise of conflagration, as he and the skeleton fought together, I came running hearing his shouts for help. as I came across your father, a sabre held high by the skeleton was about to descend and cut your father's body in two. In my despair, at seeing a threatened life and soul about to be taken, I found for the first time, somewhere in my being the will to make the skeleton, turn and go back to his resting place. Thus saving your father from further harm. It was the start of a friendship, which brought the University, where I learned from many great and wise men, but none more so than your father, Professor Lorrimor. I am forever indebted to his kindness and teaching, so please ask, and I will do to the best of my ability anything to honor his name and yours. "


Male Human Fighter 2

"Greetings to you Ms. Lorrimor. I am saddened by the loss of your father and only wish to pay him and his family my respects. There was a will? I find that my name in there is a bit odd considering I never even met your father face to face, but our paths did cross. I wonder if it might not be possible to see where your father is laid to rest?"


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24
Arturin Vesket wrote:

"I wonder if it might not be possible to see where your father is laid to rest?"

"As I said earlier, it will not be prudent to pay your respects tonight, the superstitions and fears of the populace run rife, especially after the incident in town. They may be wanting to take out their emotions on any wandering stranger, it would not be safe for you, or them, should you be forced to defend yourself. I will accompany you to his resting place tomorrow and we can all pay our respects to a great academic and man."

After several moments, Tre looks across the table, "Whilst I do not presume to read you the will, I had hoped to study some of the writings left to us by Professor Lorrimor. However, you will find that to be a beneficiary of the will, you must do last services for the Professor, including to stay here and protect his daughter for the next month."

The will, although its contents would be paraphrased by Tre.

Tre gets out the late professor's journal to study it for clues they may have missed last night, after a very emotional day.

What Tre knows about 'The Whispering Way' and 'Harrowstone Prison' he shares with those gathered around the table and wanting listen.

Hopefully I've pick out the most important information we've received so far, although you may want to read some more of the story to get the flavor. Hope this makes it easier so we don't have to backtrack over too much.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"It is strange that he would mention me at all. We met only once. He was a honorable man that deserved respect, that is why I answered the summons."


female human oracle of battle 4

"The next month?" Merian repeats, surprised. "I... was actually granted a six week leave. I hadn't intended to take more than a week or two of it, but of course I will stay." She frowns pensively.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"To summarise," says Kendra, "My father left a box of books that he wishes to have delivered to the library at the University of Lepidstadt, but asked that the group I was required to summon, these people who above all in the world he trusted, should remain in Ravengro for a month to help me settle his affairs. In return, each of you will be paid one hundred platinum coins, this sum having been deposited with one of his former colleages at the University of Lepidstadt. Of course, anyone who wishes to read the will in full or examine the books to be returned is welcome to do so. I shall be offering all those willing to stay my hospitality, this house is big enough for you all. These are troubled times, you may have heard of the act of vandalism on the Harrowstone Monument. Somehow I have a feeling that it's more than mere mischief, and may even be connected with my father's death... which... which also does not feel quite... natural... excuse me.." Her face crumples and she leaves the room hastily. Sobs are heard from the kitchen.

This adventure has been nominated in the Best Adventure category for the 2011 ENnies awards! If you are enjoying it, you might want to consider giving it your vote.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Connected to his death? Dillan slips past the others and into the kitchen with Kendra; once there he gently moves up to her and places a comforting arm around her. "I'm truly sorry for your loss, and am sorry for what I must ask." He waits a moment for her to calm her nerves, "What do you mean the vandalism is connected to your fathers death? We found animal blood there and a 'V' marked upon the monument."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

After a while of looking at the journals he points to a particular entry: 'I need a list of everyone who died the night of the fire. Everyone. The Temple of Pharasma must have such a list.'

He continues by pointing to the next entry, 'Thankfully, the necessary tools to defend against spirits are already here in Ravengro. I know that the church of Pharasma used to store them in a false crypt in the Restlands at the intersection between Eversleep and the Black Path. I am not certain if the current clergy even know of what their predecessors have hidden down below. If my luck holds, I should be able to slip in and out with a few borrowed items.'

"It would seem that the professor found useful information and some tools to aid his fight against the 'occupants' of Harrowstone. Perhaps after taking you to pay respects we should follow in the Professor's footsteps in preparing for his journey to Harrowstone?"

"Yesterday, we went to the place where the professor met his untimely end. Despite searching the area we found nothing of importance to confirm or deny his death as accidental. However, we do know that the local guard didn't make any investigations into his death, but took it at face value, that he had died as a result of unstable masonry falling on him. Dillan did try and enter Harrowstone to do more investigation, but he left before finding anything. Then we returned to find the vandalism, you saw in the center of the village. So if we have time we could return there tomorrow perhaps."

"What do you think?"


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Earlier:
After entering the house at Kendra's bidding, Cassandra takes the young ladies hand and introduces herself.
"Mistress Lorimor, my name is Cassandra Blackmoore and I knew your father briefly several years ago. He came to my village after I was attacked by a creature known as a shadow. Under the duress of the attack my latent abilities manifested themselves and I was able to survive. When your father heard of this he came to my village to discuss what had happened with me. There he found a frightened little girl terrified by the event and he stayed with me and my family as he explained what had occured and helped me come to grips with my new found abilities."
As tears begin to well up in her eyes, she continues "Before he left our homestead he gave me one of his treatises on religion which I studied intently. I always intended to return the book to him one day, but I'm afraid that time has passed. So I would like for you to have it, instead" She reaches into a pocket and pulls out a well-worn book. As she hands it over to Kendra, she smiles wanly "I grieve for your loss, my lady. As indeed all Ustalav should."

As Kendra bursts into tears, Cassandra will follow her to the kitchen after Dillan enters. There she keeps to the side of the room, not wanting to intrude upon the tableau.


Male Human Fighter 2

"Ms. Lorrimor, my services are yours for as long as they are required."

Inner Thoughts for MR:
"Especially at 100pp, wow, that is a king's ransom for guard duty".

"Tre, perhaps after we get some rest, we should head there before first light. The best time to get somewhere without drawing attention is to do it while everyone's eyes are still closed".


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian nods in agreement with Arturin's plan. "The monument that was... desecrated... in town - what is a monument to? I wasn't really looking at it at the time."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre looks up from the table, looks at Merian, tiredness in his eyes. "Good lady, it was the Harrowstone monument! I was told by a local boy, Pevrin, that after the fire that destroyed the gaol, the townsfolk erected a monument to honour those guards who gave their lives to prevent the prisoners escaping, and so saved the town from even worse. So that and the professor's death do seem connected, as Kendra said. Something very unnatural is taking place here, something to do with that prison, we must be careful."

Turning to Arturin, "Not before first light, for there may still be dangers out there, but at first light. We are not criminals, we have every reason to go about our business, but we needn't invite trouble and nor do we need to skulk around. There will be time for heroics later, when strength of character and might will aid our endeavors, for now just care and consideration for he townsfolk. We will leave after first light, if that's what you want?"


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Arturin Vesket wrote:

"Ms. Lorrimor, my services are yours for as long as they are required." ** spoiler omitted **

"Tre, perhaps after we get some rest, we should head there before first light. The best time to get somewhere without drawing attention is to do it while everyone's eyes are still closed".

Barret nods his head in agreement. "I too pledge my loyalty to you. I will do as you ask and protect you as long as needed. Your father's information saved my tribe countless lives."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It's difficult to make out what Kendra is saying through the sobs, but the gist of it is that she thinks something evil is stirring up at the ruined gaol, and that both her father's death and the vandalism are manifestations of it.

Excellent interaction. Keep it up... and let me know when you are ready to make a move, and what that move is.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian intrudes on the kitchen scene only long enough to quietly ask which room in the Lorrimor house she should put her things in before withdrawing once more. Finding her way to the bedroom she's been given, she sets her pack in one corner, unbuckles her sword belt and shield, tossing them on the bed, and slowly divests herself of her armor. For a moment, she stares unseeing at the metal pieces around her before slowly lowering herself to the floor and clasping her hands together and closing her eyes.

Heavens above, she prays, for the first time in three years, I am unsure of the purpose You plan for me. I asked for only two weeks' leave, but was given six. What I thought was a simple funeral for a worthy man is now a mystery of blood rituals and foul necromancers who chase undeath to avoid their punishments in Hell or the Abyss. O Accidental Hero, what I have stumbled upon? O Inheritor, what responsibility did I take up in that will? O Father of Creation, have You chosen to reforge me?

She pauses, breathing deeply, her eyes still closed. You have set my path for three years, O Lords and Ladies of righteousness. Use me as You will. Let my arm be Your weapon against evil, as it has been since first You chose me, no matter where or when. Let my shield be Your protection for those who cannot protect themselves. In Your Names, I pray. Let it be done.

Merian opens her eyes, feeling more at peace than she had before, before rising to her feet and rebuckling her sword belt around her waist and slinging her shield across her back. For the moment, her armor remains on the bed as she heads back into the house's main room.

"Tre'du... Tre'doyeean," the crusader begins, mangling the elven name, "I'm guessing you're more of a scholar than I am, but I've seen cult rituals before in Mendev. Did anything about the 'vandalism' at the monument look like a ritual to you? I was thinking - especially if the townsfolk might have gone back to their business by now - about taking a closer look at it myself before dark. I'd be happy for your company, and that of anyone else who wanted to join me."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Blast this woman, have the conversations with her have been in tears, and now with more attendees the sadness of her soul cascades down her face yet again. Dillan comforts Kendra as best he can and when she seems to calm some, "Rest assured we will find out what exactly happened." He then leaves her to whatever it is she will do and returns to the others in the main room.

I'm assuming he would be coming as Merian is coming down and butchering Tre's name? lol

"I don't think you will find much else there save for the animal carcasses that donated their blood to the desecration. The only main detail was the large 'V' painted on the monument."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)
Merian wrote:

"Tre'du... Tre'doyeean," the crusader begins, mangling the elven name, "I'm guessing you're more of a scholar than I am, but I've seen cult rituals before in Mendev. Did anything about the 'vandalism' at the monument look like a ritual to you? I was thinking - especially if the townsfolk might have gone back to their business by now - about taking a closer look at it myself before dark. I'd be happy for your company, and that of anyone else who wanted to join me."

"I will gladly go with you, Merian. I do not think I can do any good here." Barret says nodding to the kitchen where the grieving daughter is currently.

251 to 300 of 2,728 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.