Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Megan's Carrion Crown

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Carrion Crown AP.


1,701 to 1,750 of 3,088 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"This is where I come in."

Barret waits for Dillan to move out of the way and attempts to bust the trapdoor open.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Excellent work! May I have a Reflex save from everyone as a cascade of rubble pours down as soon as Barret gets it open!


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Oh good.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Just quite how he does it, none of you can figure out, but despite being up a ladder in direct path of the descending rocks, Barret avoids being hit by a single pebble!


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Sorry everyone else!


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Reflex save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

With his back to the his friends climbing up to the trapdoor, Tre is surprised by the a rumbling sound, behind and above him. He turns to look, only to be hit by several hard bits of rubble that fall downwards.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Hearing the cascade of debris, Sorin ducks for cover.
Reflex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
might have made it


female human oracle of battle 4

Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Tre'duinne and Merian, my apologies, but you have both been clobbered.

Tre'duinne, take 1d6 ⇒ 1 damage.
Merian, take 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage.

Even as you recover from the shock (and in some cases, pain), there is a screech from above as a large something flies down towards you, four fleshy bat-like wings flailing as it bites at Barret!

Surprise Round

Flying thing's attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

You may now make initiative rolls, state actions & resolve them... as your hearts pound with the shock!


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

So how much do I take since he hit?

Barret reels back from the creature's bite and he struggles to stay on the ladder.

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Figuring that there's only one way to fight this thing, Barret attempts to grab it to force it down to the ground.

Grapple!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

It can take an AOO, but I got him grappled.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin reaches his conscious out and taps the life forces that he can continually sense just out of reach of his physical senses. Ignorining the strong pull of death and dying from the surrounding prison, he sends a wash of positive energy over his allies. Channel to heal 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Stunned Tre looks round and sees the beast, looking carefully at it to see what he might know of it. He removes a wooden stick from his belt, though the stick has what looks like a handle and a twisted dark brown polished dense looking club like head. He strikes at the creature attacking Barret.

Knowledge(something) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14, add another +5 for arcana
Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Round 1
HP: 11/12 Conditions: None
Move Action: Takes club
Std Action: Grave Touch
As a standard action, you can make a melee touch attack that causes a living creature to become shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your wizard level (minimum 1).
Club touch attack 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian stumbles under the rain of debris, unable to get her shield up in time, but the nasty cuts and bruises disappear under the wash of Sorin's channeled energy, and she gives him a grateful nod. Lifting her sword, she looks for a way to stab the creature without injuring Barret, and swings when she finally spots one.

Move (if needed) to get an attack angle, then longsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Oops, forgot the initiative roll. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


female human oracle of battle 4

Oh yeah, so did I (not that it matters much for this round with that roll): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

The good news is that your lousy roll means my channel does go off before you go as you described.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Round #1

Flying thing's initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 - hoo boy, it's fast!

The flying thing wraps its legs around Barret, buzzing angrily, seems to be quite content to have a grappling match with him. It is trying to stick its long proboscis into him...

It's grapple attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

(Its bite did 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2, by the way.)

Tre'duinne hauls out his club and reaches out towards the creature, touching it on its bulbous abdomen. It recoils visibly, flinching from his touch. It's Shaken, now.

Musing, Tre' realises that it looks like a stirge, only much bigger. Do they have giant ones? 'Cos that's what it seems to be, a giant stirge.

Sorin calls on his powers to send forth a wave of healing energy, which I'm sure is received gratefully.

Poor battered Merian pulls out her sword and circles around, trying to get in an attack without poking Barret, without success.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Round 2

Sorin grans his longspear and takes a moment looking for an opening while Barret struggles with the foul thing. Then seeing what he hopes is an opening, he thrusts the tip of the spear at the creatures abdomen. Unfortunately, he judges terribly and just misses poking a hole through Barret's arm. (or maybe he did)
Attack (Longspear) 1d20 ⇒ 1
Damage (Longspear) 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Round 2

Barret howls with glee, now this was a fight! He attempts to take control of the grapple. No one out wrestled him, not even a giant bug.

Counter Grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Sorry bad internet connection lately...

Reflex 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Shortsword in hand Dillan moves to strike at the giant stirge...

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 to hit; 1d6 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + (6) + 2 = 9 for damage

I added Sneak Attack assuming the creature is grappled and does not get it's Dex to AC. I didn't add the +2 for attack; I wasn't sure if he would be able to benefit from flanking or not.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I'll give it a day before resolving Round #2, things are slower at weekends. Barret, could I trouble you for an Initiative, please? It got kinda forgotten in the flurry...


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

No worries. Its great to have you back Megan!


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Oh sorry, forgot about that.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian grunts and takes another swing, hoping this time her aim will be more true.

Longsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14, damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Nobody else?

Round #2

Barret & the giant stirge are locked in combat, it is trying to stick in its proboscis while he is striving to fend it off AND cling on to the ladder... no easy task!

Giant stirge's grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 - and it succeeds in plunging its proboscis into poor Barret! 1 point Con damage, please

Meanwhile, the rest of you circle around attempting to attack it. Merian's second attack is much more successful than the first, but Sorin manages to poke Barret instead of the bug! Dillon has also hit the giant stirge and its beginning to look pretty battered.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Round 3

Barret tries to put the squeeze on the bug that is draining his blood. He needed all the blood in his body.

Grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"I want that back!"


female human oracle of battle 4

More satisfied - although only somewhat - with the results of her second attack, Merian tries a third. "Veel... üks..." she prays as she attacks.

Longsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23, damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Round 3

"Oops, sorry Barret! I'll fix that after we get this thing off you. Let me see if I can hit the right target this time." Sorin stabs at the creature again with the longspear.
Attack (Longspear) 1d20 ⇒ 14
Damage (Longspear) 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Round #3

The grappling match:

Giant stirge's grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Then Merian drives her longsword into its body, skewering it. With a hiss, it disengages, wings going limp and legs curling up tight as it falls to the floor with a *SPLAT!* at which point it bursts, spraying everyone with a yucky mess of yellow ooze and blood (probably some of Barret's).

Combat over!


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

"Hmm, yukky thing, glad its dead." say Tre, as he brushes the goo from his robes. He mutters under his breath, "Should have memorized that cleaning spell this morning, I mean who would have thought..." He looks at the harded stick he used to clout the creature with, almost unsure why he did it, raising one eyebrow. "Well enough of that, now it's dead go up and see what it nested on." he speaks to the others, somewhat abruptly.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret shakes off the bug goo, something he's had to do a lot of lately before continuing to climb back up.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Whew, glad that things is dead. Do you suppose they will keep getting larger? Before you go up Barret, do you need any healing or are you all right for now?"


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"I'm missing some blood, but otherwise I'm fine. He didn't seem fit to give it back."


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin takes a look over the wound the monstrous stirge has left in Barret's chest.
Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
"You're right. That thing definitely sucked some blood out of you. Let me see if I can get your body to start recovering right away." Sorin places his hands over the wound and a sudden warmth fills Barret's chest. For a moment, the pall of death and decay hanging over the prison fades away. Casts cure light wounds 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

I was talking about the con damage actually.

Barret's wounds heal, but it still seems he is missing blood and he's looking a bit pale.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Poking a head through the trap-door reveals a rubble-filled circular chamber, which has a half-open door apparently to the outside in the northern side.


female human oracle of battle 4

Dillan, wanna take a look around up there?


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

No lesser restoration for me yet...unless we picked up a magic item I'm forgetting about already.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Yea, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure you understood I was referring to the con damage and not the 1 point of hp damage I took.

Barret will take a look around the chamber.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan flicks the goo from his blade and resheathes it, "Well that was...unnerving." His eyes go to the hole, shrugs, then proceed's on his known task...

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 +4= 33 vs hearing conversations, finding traps, concealed or secret objects

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Place seems deserted, although the evidence suggests that the giant stirge had been nesting here for quite some time.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre waits impatiently, as the group fumble around with healing and seemingly finding nothing in the giant stirge's roost.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"All right, looks like nothing up there. Shall we keep going the same direction? Certainly wondering just how many of these stirges we're going to run into and how big they're going to get."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"Actually I would prefer to not meet another of those things." Dillan says as he steps back down from the hole, "Then again they are perhaps better than fighting the dead."

what all do we have left at this level to clear? And do we know what time of day it is?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dusk is beginning to fall...


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Are you kidding me? That was a worthy match. Though he cheated when he started draining blood."


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Hah, they do have that reputation. Not unlike some of the restless dead now that I think of it. I think we still have two sections of these cells to explore up here. Shall we continue with these and then perhaps see about getting back to town for the night?"


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Let us keep going." Barret nods.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian nods agreement.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

"Let us be quick, for the night draws spirits in, and here the spirits are likely to be evil."

1,701 to 1,750 of 3,088 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.