Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Carrion Crown

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Carrion Crown AP.


1,651 to 1,700 of 3,029 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin moves up, not far from Dillan and prepares an arrow in the event of more physical threats.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret will patiently wait in the back, ready for any threats that may come his way.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian's sword remains at the ready as she moves up to cover Dillan from the other side, opposite Sorin.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dillan works his usual magic on the door - which isn't locked although there is a bolt (unfastened) on the inside. This is an empty privy once used by the guards... there doesn't seem to be anything in here.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret laughs at the discovery of the mundane bathroom. "Nice job. You found a bath room." He says when he calms down.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Thank goodness that wasn't haunted! Let's keep moving. Next door over?"


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre watches Barret jollity, his face blank and serious, he sighs. "Next, lets be moving quickly. It isn't somewhere we want to stay particularly long."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I don't think I'd care for a haunted rest room!

The next door along opens into a short hallway ending in a reinforced iron and wood door — unlike the other doors in Harrowstone, this particular door remains quite stout and locked.

Dillon, do you want to get your picks out again?


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

:)

The Rogue smiles, interlocks his fingers and stretches them outward; releasing a small popping sound as his knuckles crack. "Now this may prove worth our time I think." Pulling his tools from his pack he sets about the task...

Traps 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Disable if needed 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Open Lock if needed 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Or not...if there is the possibility to take 20 on this door he will; 36, 34, 33 respectively

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Take all the time you wish, Dillan... you find that you need it! But eventually the lock releases.

Cautiously opening the door reveals an exit to an external balcony. A large, rectangular block of stone rests on this weather-beaten stone balcony, while ruined wooden benches line the eastern wall under a row of tiny, barred windows above. A stout wooden door sits in the wall near the northern end of the balcony.

The rain beats down.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Nope. Just more rain."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"Not just rain," Dillans smile continues, "Another door." The rogue moves cautiously across the balcony preferring to stay near the wall then upto the new door to begin his practiced task again.

Traps 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
Disable if needed 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Open Lock if needed 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

again if it's possible taking 20 would be the preferred method.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin positions himself a little back from Dillan, still prepared for the worst. He does his best to ignore the pouring rain, but pauses to wipe some from his eyes as Dillan works on the door.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre stands in the doorway, "I hope you don't expect me to get wet!" the elf says.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Only if we have to go through that next door." says Sorin with a wry grin as he shakes some of the water out of his dripping hair.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian smiles up into the droplets. "A storm is sometimes the only chance you get for a bath when you're on campaign," she notes with a grin. "Until the mud undoes ll your hard work, anyway."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Bathing is overrated. I like smelling like a man."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As soon as the first person - Dillan? - moves out onto the balcony, a pair of skeletal arms wielding a large sythe appear and fly towards him.

Initiative, please, everyone who is on the balcony.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Oh great, another one!"
Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Assuming Tre can see from the doorway ... Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


female human oracle of battle 4
Barret wrote:
"Bathing is overrated. I like smelling like a man."

Merian's lips press together, and she replies, "That's a very... manly... thing to- Sy mõõk Pärijad!"

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"At least it's not made of rain!"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Animated scythe initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

So, what do you all want to do? It's advancing in a threatening manner, making like it was being wielded by a professional headsman...

Please post and roll for your actions, don't worry about order (which is Tre'duinne, Sorin, Barret, Dillan, Merian & the scythe), I'll sort it all out once you've posted.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian attempts to attack the scythe, hoping to knock it out of the air.

Attack roll - or possibly a sunder check? I'm not sure: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8, damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Round 1

"Let's see if arrows do anything to it." Sorin pulls back his bowstring and fires an arrow at the scythe. He groans as his fingers slip on the wet string and the shot goes sailing off the balcony.
Attack (Shortbow) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage (Shortbow) 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Round 1

Barret turns feral while counter-advancing and attempts to break the threatening weapon before it breaks him.

Rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Subject of Study: 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

The blood drains from Tre's face as he sees yet another object rise and threaten his friends. Knowing his spells have seemed useless against such an object in the past, he takes his shortbow and fires at the thing.

Shortbow attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Shortbow damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Round #1

Tre'duinne's arrow passes between the skeletal arms and the scythe handle and off somewhere into the grounds. Sorin's shot goes even more wide!

Barret snarles and charges at the animated sythe, apparently intending to rip it asunder. He gets a good grip on the handle of the sythe but the skeletal arms don't seem to want to let go.

Dillan dodges out of the way as Merian lashes out, missing both the apparition and Barret.

The animated object is locked in a struggle with Barret now, both contesting for control of the blade.

Next round actions & rolls, please.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Round 2

Frustrated, Barret tries to destroy the scythe the only way he knows how.
By slicing through it with his claws.

Rage 2/8
Snikt!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Subject of Study: 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13

Snikt!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Subject of Study: 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Wow I sure hope that just killed it.

Unsure of what actions to take, Dillan with his sword ready takes up a position behind the skeleton (flanking) and strikes out with his sword...

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 to hit; 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (5) = 11 for damage


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Round 2

Sorin drops his bow and pulls out his shortspear to take a stab at the hands and scythe. Though there may not be anything left after Barrett is done with it.
Attack (Shortspear) 1d20 ⇒ 6
Damage (Shortspear) 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Round #2

Barret's onslaught does indeed rend the scythe asunder. The skeletal arms clatter to the floor, devoid once more of life - no response even if stirred around a bit with Dillan's sword and/or Sorin's spear.

Silence falls. Just the drip of rain...

... then a sudden clatter of wings as a bedraggled-looking raven perches on the balcony, looking at you with beady eyes. It opens its beak, says "CAW!" loudly, then flaps off again.

What now?


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"That was impressive Barret. Thank you. I think we should probably get back to that door that the flying scythe interrupted. Agreed?"


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian whistles quietly. "Wow," she adds.

After a second, though, she shakes her head to refocus and looks at Sorin. "Yeah, let's do it," she replies.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Many thanks and agreed."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Going back in, then?

It appears that the description I gave you was a bit misleading, sorry. The 'door at the north end' is the one you came out of, the only other exit from here are steps to ground level.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Ah, yes let's go back in then. I think we'll keep working our way around the northwest side of the second floor.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

indeed, so what doors do we have left then? I know we still have the lower levels to clear but anything else left of the surface?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

There are basically 2 cell blocks on the upper level, and then whatever lurks below.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

One small area off the infirmary too, but I think we should finish with the cell block to the northwest/west first and then the second one which I think lies to the south.


female human oracle of battle 4

Works for me.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Me too

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The western cellblock: row upon row of ten-foot-square prison cells line the walls, each separated from the passing hallway by a series of iron bars fitted with a narrow iron door. Skeletons slump in many of the cells, the bones scattered where they lie and coated with a mixed layer of ancient ashes and fresh mould.

Most of the iron cell doors are rusted shut and difficult to open, but some hang open, having fallen away over the years. At one point you see a wood & iron ladder leading up to a trapdoor above.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"They may have been prisoners, but what a terrible way to die. We have a task now, but when we are done, I feel we should see to it that these remains receive a proper burial. This could be part of the reason, this prison is so cursed. Do you all want to go up or continue with these cells."


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian nods agreement at Sorin's words, and murmurs a brief prayer of benediction over the remains. "If they were justly imprisoned here," she says, "by any standards they've paid the penalty for their crimes, and deserve the respect we'd show any soul in similar circumstances."

Considering the trapdoor, she adds, "Back out into the rain again, you think?"


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

"Bah, you go up if you want, I'll stay down here in the dry unless you need me." says Tre with disdain on his face.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Agreed. No one deserves to die like this. They should have bee afforded the chance to die honorably at least."

"Yes, back out into the rain. A little rain never hurt anyone, Tre. The spirits in the rain? Yes, but never the rain itself." Barret laughs at the wizard's disdain for the rain. I rhymed!


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin slings his bow back over his shoulder, ready to climb up.
Dillan to check the door, followed by Barret, Merian, Sorin, and Tre if we're able to convince him to come?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dillan climbs up to check the trapdoor, the rest of you waiting at the foot of the ladder. He finds that a bolt alone fastens it, rusted but still able to move... but even once withdrawn, the trapdoor does not budge.

May I have a strength check, please?

1,651 to 1,700 of 3,029 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.