Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Megan's Carrion Crown

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Carrion Crown AP.


1,401 to 1,450 of 3,141 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre one of the last in, surveys the room. He sniffs the air, breathing in the smell coming from the hole. "Interesting..."

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian carefully approaches the hole, warily staying far enough away to avoid any danger from the edges collapsing in (she hopes). She looks for any sign of what might have happened here to create that smell... Perception check as well: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan moves into the room almost hugging the wall going North...ever alert for the old inhabitants to show themselves.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 +4=16 vs hearing conversations, finding traps, concealed or secret objects

As he watches Merian approach the hole, "Hold there girl!" Then suddenly slaps his own hands over his mouth realizing how loud he just was. Staying at his location against the wall he sighs before continuing more calmly, "Someone tie a rope to her. The last thing we need is for you to fall into the hole or be pushed in by a spectre."

If no one has any rope Dillan will offer his; but he will wait to see if anyone else has any first.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian won't get closer than 5 feet from the hole, though that's not to say Dillan's caution is unwarranted.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"You got it." Barret takes a rope out and ties it to Merian. It's a little tight, but not uncomfortably so. He holds on to the other end with both ends. "I got you." He grins.

Perception

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It's a hole.

And leads down, down, down...


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Once comfortable nothing is about to happen Dillan continues his path to the door and begins his normal task...

Trapfinding 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 +4=22 vs hearing conversations, finding traps, concealed or secret objects

Removal of Trap 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Open Lock 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre goes with Dillan, watching him and his back.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian turns away from the hole and unties herself, but she continues to frown at the pit while she waits for Dillan to satisfy himself about the door's safety.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret picks up his rope and puts it away. He follows behind Dillan, waiting patiently for the rogue to do his thing. "Maybe next time?" He says to the frowning Merian.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The whole north-east side is open to the elements. It's drizzling again out there.

The jagged, soot-caked hole in the floor appears to have been the location of the lift that connected the two floors — the machinery that powered the lift must have tumbled into the dungeon below during the fire. It's a 20-foot drop to the stone and wood debris below.

Which door, Dillan? The one to the north?


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Pretty sure that's the one. We can circle back to the other one once we've looked up that way.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Yes ma'am, the one to the north.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dillan works his usual expertise on the door, which was locked, and opens it carefully. You all peer in.

A huge stone furnace dominates this room, large enough for a child to climb inside. An ancient fire has burned away the entire east wall the room, providing a panoramic, if eerie, view of the lake beyond. That same lake has gradually expanded into the room, flooding its eastern half.

Map Update


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan moves into the room drawing his sword, the uncharateristic act causes him to stop for a moment, "What? All kinds of things can come out of that water besides the dead." He continues into the room, keeping a safe distance from the water (10ft), and searches the room.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 +4= 27 vs hearing conversations, finding traps, concealed or secret objects


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre follows a few steps behind Dillan, letting him do the searching, whilst Tre watches for any other activity that might threaten them.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin covers the room with his bow and moves in with Dillan and Tre. "Water and fire. Seems we have at least two threats in here knowing our restless spirits as we do now."
Perception 1d20 ⇒ 12


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret just nods his head. "Indeed."

Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As you poke around, you notice a soot-caked copper plaque over the furnace entrance which reads "Ember Maw."


female human oracle of battle 4

"Cheery," notes Merian dryly.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"You're not kidding. They named the furnace? Doesn't look like much here thank goodness. Shall we move on and go back through that area near the entrance?"


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

"Ember Maw, hmmm. So it eats the red hot embers, not much I'd like to find a restless spirit here. Let's move on." says Tre as he makes to leave the room.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Good name. But I agree we should move on."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Back to S2

Dillan nods and leaves the room begining the slow trek back to the first room they entered. Once there he sets his task upon the last door...

Traps 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 +4=25 vs hearing conversations, finding traps, concealed or secret objects

Removal of Traps 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Open Lock 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As you turn to leave, there is a sudden rising stink of burning flesh!

The face of the furnace begins to animate into a leering skull-like visage made of metal and bars. It roars, then a fiery tongue lashes out from its maw to strike at Merian...

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 to hit, so the gout of flame misses! Merian can feel the fiery breath of heat, though.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"Gods!" The rogue exclaims gripping his sword tighter, "Anyone able to conjure up some water?"

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


female human oracle of battle 4

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Merian was half-turned away as when the furnace began to move, and that fact was likely the only thing that saved her. With an oath in Celestial, she jumps backward and intones a brief prayer: "Svētīti Debesis, piepilda mani ar savu dievišķo labā!" Casting divine favor after a five-foot step backward.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre turns back seeing the two humans prepare to battle the furnace, he shouts above the noise of the fire that rages. "Get out of there, just how do you expect to fight a steel furnace? Will you just scratch it's paint. Quick out of there, before you get hurt."


female human oracle of battle 4

My reaction's based on the assumption that, since it waited until we started to leave to attack, it's not going to let us go quietly. We're going to have to pound it into slag here or somewhere else... But you're right about scratching the paint. We're probably looking at hardness 10, which is going to be a pain for most of us to get through...

EDIT: It's probably also worth noting that Merian doesn't understand a word you're saying. ;)


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"If it wants to fight, we'll give it a fight."

Barret taps into his inner rage and rushes towards it. His claws extend and he takes a swipe at it.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Assuming it is a construct. If not deduct 1 damage.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

As the others charge in despite his warnings, Tre sighs and studies the furnace, trying to understand what sort of creature they are fighting.
Knowledge(arcana) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Knowledge(religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Knowledge(engineering) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
"I'm with Tre! We might want to be poised for a quick escape here." Sorin pours through his memory for any stories of this type of creature.
Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Sorin's action will depend on what it is - Channel 1d6 ⇒ 5 if undead, Bless +1 to attack and damage if unknown or anything else

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

From what you've encountered so far, a haunt animating the furnace seems the most likely explanation. The actual furnace has not shifted, it is just the panels and bars on the front that seem to have a life of their own... and you're sure that the fire was out when you came in here!

Barret rushes in, claws extended and does indeed gouge the paintwork.

It spits another tongue of flame, this time at Barret.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre shouts to his friends, "Its a weak spirit returned to seek revenge upon the place, I'd leave if I were you."
Seeing the visual manifestation of the haunt, Tre uses one of his incantations, before pointing at the animated grate.

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Disrupt Undead Ray attack (ranged touch) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage 1d6 ⇒ 4


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin will channel to harm the haunt. 5 damage as rolled before unless you want a reroll in which case it is 1d6 ⇒ 1 2/4 channels for the day now used.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret continues to lay into the furnace, ignoring any suggestions of leaving.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Caught in the moment, watching his companion lay into the firey spectre the rogue also steps up and brings his sword upon the creature...

Shortsword 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 if it hits; 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Chips of paint and rust, even the odd spark, fly as Barret and Dillan hack at the furnace.

It fires another jet of flame at Barret.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Fortunately, the poor furnace has the worst aim ever.
Round 2 (I think)
Sorin brings his hands up to send another wave of living energy against the furnace.
Channels positive energy to harm undead for 1d6 ⇒ 6 3/4 now used.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian hesitates, no longer sure whether attacking the furnace is even accomplishing anything. Can she tell if anything is actually happening beyond paint scratches, or if hurting the furance even might do anything? Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As far as Merian can tell, the furnace is unaffected (apart from cosmetic damage to its paintwork) by the attacks.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret seems to only get angrier as the furnace seems to not be affected.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Round 3

"I don't know if I am having an effect, but I can make one last attempt to harm it with energy."
Channels positive energy to harm undead for 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Paint chipping away from the stonework has an obvious effect of discouraging the rogue...Full Defense, AC 19; "I'm thinking this is not going to have much of an affect." And takes a five foot step back.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Once more Tre tries to harm it using his powers to hurt undead creatures.

Touch Ray 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 to hit with Disrupt Undead, damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The furnace falls still... yet seemingly still gazes balefully out.

You all hear a ghostly whisper in your heads.

Release me... my bones burn yet... will the anguish never cease... no man should suffer thus... cremated alive and burning for all eternity...


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 32/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

As the furnace goes out and stops attacking him, Barret comes down from his rage. He breathes heavily while looking around for the source of the voice. "Do you hear that? Another spirit, probably the one inhabiting the furnace."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre rubs his chin, contemplating what has just happened.


female human oracle of battle 4

"We need to put all these spirits to rest," Merian says, a mix of sadness and anger in her voice.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Yes, I heard it too. We do need to put them to rest." Sorin examines the furnace for any clues on how to put the spirit to rest.
Perception 1d20 ⇒ 7
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

1,401 to 1,450 of 3,141 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.