Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Megan's Carrion Crown

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Carrion Crown AP.


1,151 to 1,200 of 2,729 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan, looking at the hamper and clothing, "Sheriff the figure last night was cloaked to hide his identity."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Are you going a-rummaging? The material that you can see without disturbing the hanging clothing is not bloodstained... although there is a big black cloak that would fit the bill for the figure last night.

"Are you satisfied?" demands Gibs, one eye drifting off towards his bacon...


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Hoping the old bugger is distracted Dillan pokes through the items particularly the cloak...

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 +4= 34 vs hearing conversations, finding traps, concealed or secret objects


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre seeing Dillan make a move, tries to distract and provoke the man giving Dillan time to look. "You say the weapon is yours, with blood still dripping from whatever vile ritual it was used for, then blindly say that someone else must of used it. Yet, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you never reported its lose. It's very convenient to just ignore the fact you are responsible for you weapon and say, 'well it should of been here'. Just how did you expect the weapon to just walk out the building and hide itself away? Especially as you say there's been no evidence that the blade had been removed. If it were a thief they would have taken your other possessions as well." Tre puffs out his cheeks indignantly. "Sheriff, this is a web of fabricated lies the man spins to deceive us."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Gibs goes red in the face.

"HOW DARE YOU!" he bellows. "You barge your way in here with your vile accusations, heck, you are probably the one who stole me war razor in the first place, never mind 'finding' it out back! Push off outta here afore I show you how ta use the thing properly!"

Yup, he's well distracted from Dillan rooting around! Nice work, Tre'

Dilllan, there are some damp patches along the bottom of the cape. It's too dark in this corner of the shack to see if it's blood...


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"Are you threatening us, old man?" Barret growls. "You should stand down."

Intimidate
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan grabs up the cloak, looks at the sheriff, then Gibs, "What's this?" As he moves the cloak into the light to get a better look at the substance...

Indeed, thanks Tre'!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Hmm, difficult to tell on a black wool cloak, then you move your hand, Dillan, and find there's blood on your fingers!

The wind seems to go out of Gibs.

"W... what's that?" he stutters. "Haven't worn that since the day before yesterday, when it was raining... How..." his eyes are darting around, but it is evident that it is fear rather than plotting escape or attack...


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"It would seem you didn't stash everything from your escapades last nights?" Dillan looks down at his hand then for a wash basin.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

"Sheriff, the man seems condemned by the evidence against him, surely it is time to take him into custody?" Tre asks, yet there is an expectation about the sheriff's response.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"There definitely would be questions to answer," replied the Sheriff. "The first being, what explanation do you have to offer, Gibs?"

Gibs sits down heavily on the bench beside his breakfast table, but the bacon is forgotten. He shakes his head.

"I do not know, Sheriff. I have no explanation... but I swear by all that's holy that I have nothing to do with anything as repugnant as the desecration of the Harrowstone Monument. All that I can tell you is that I went to bed last night, didn't sleep well, but heard and saw nothing... not until I was roused by these fellows asking if I had noticed anything. The cloak I haven't worn for a couple of days, it got soaked in that storm. As for my war razor, I haven't even opened that chest in a year or more, haven't had a need for my war gear. Can anyone tell me what's going on, because it sure wasn't me killing things and smearing blood around..." His voice trails off and he buries his face in his hands.

Anyone want to try a Sense Motive or suggest some other way to see if he's lying through his teeth or is, in the face of the evidence, as innocent as he claims?


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Elven:

"Perhaps he speaks the truth? Maybe he was possessed by some spirit?"


female human oracle of battle 4

Untrained Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Merian's frown deepens. He must just be a fool - and a good actor. Probably never thought anyone would find the evidence and he'd just bluff his way through. Looks like the game is over now, though. Despite herself, though, she feels sorry for the old man; it seems clear he's just lonely and angry at the world, lashing out by scaring a few folks at the cost of some small animals' lives. Maybe I can speak to the church here, see if someone can reach out to him once he's arrested...


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 5
Sorin looks over at Dillan, but failing to understand, he ignores the comment. "If you didn't sleep well, it seems unlikely someone slipped in. Some people talk or even walk in their sleep, has this ever been a problem for you? Do you remember anything else of last night?"
Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Sense Motive
1d20 ⇒ 20

Hallit:
"This old fool may be telling the truth. Remember what I said about spirits doing horrific things? This whole thing may not be of his doing."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre looks to his friends for support with the sheriff and the questioning.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Hallit:

I'm thinking you're probably right, but I'm worried about how superstitious this town may be if we raise that idea. We need to get him stopped somehow.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Hallit:
"This town does not need to know then. We just take him in, at least for his own sake. If we get someone to watch him, we can figure out what is going on. I think the time for questions is over for now."


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Hallit:

That is a good thought. If the sheriff keeps him for observation, the vandalism should stop...or we'll learn someone else is involved as well.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Hallit:
"Sounds good enough for me. You think he'll struggle? Or come along peacefully?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Gibs looks up at Sorin's question.

"Can't say as that's ever been a problem for me, but I have lived alone this past decade or more. Never woken up in strange places, or found things disarranged or anything though. I feel unrested, like, but cannot actually recall any bad dreams or even lying awake..."

The Sheriff - who apparently doesn't speak Hallit - looks from one to another as Barret and Sorin conduct their converstation.

Barret:
You are certain that Gibs is telling the truth as he knows it, which - to your mind - lends credence to you theory about spirit possession.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan looks over at the sheriff, "Perhaps it best if the man is placed in some form of custody, at least someone is with him keeping an eye on him." Dillan turns to Gibs, "I'm not saying you are guilty sir; just saying strange things are about and perhaps some foul spectre has taken control of you in the evening hours."


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Sure, that seems like one way to prove your innocence. If the desecration continues, it must be someone else."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre nods at Sorin's words.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"That makes sense," said the Sheriff. "Are you willing to go along with that, Gibs?" The hand resting on his sword-hilt suggests that the Sheriff is prepared to push the matter if Gibs does not respond to the courtesy...

... but Gibs gets up, grabbing the last piece of bacon.

"Mebbe the best," he says, rather muffled round the bacon. "I knows it wasn't me, but how do I prove it? All right, I will come with you."

The Sheriff proposes to take Gibs to the jailhouse. He'll be speaking to the Church of Pharasma about the possibility of spirit possession and if, as some clerics can, they can check if someone is telling the truth.

What do the rest of you wish to do now?


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Thanks Sheriff, if there is something possessing him, I hope the priests can help him."

Once the sheriff and Gibs have left, Sorin remarks "Hopefully that bought us some time. Should we see about any purchases to help us at the prison? And, didn't one of you mention finding some things in the graveyard before Inarrived?"


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret almost looks disappointed that Gibbs agreed to come along peacefully. "Yea, we did find some stuff. What were you thinking of buying?"


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Holy water for one. We need something to help with the haunts. I'm not sure if we have much gold for other things."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"I don't have much coin." Dillan sighs, "The trip out here wasn't an easy one. Perhaps since it is still early we should get back to the prison?"


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"I agree. Even if we have stopped the Splatter Man's attempt at possession, unless we figure out how to defeat him at the prison, I'm sure he'll find another way to set the spirits loose. I'm ready. We at least have some holy water from our last trip."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Do you want to visit the church or head straight back to Harrowstone? Or something else I haven't thought of yet?


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian would like to visit the church, just to speak with the priests there about making sure Gibs is being watched over. Otherwise, though, the source of the problem is definitely at the prison, and that's where she needs to be...


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Merian, that sounds fine with me too, let's go to the church and then back to the prison."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Ravengro Map

The church is at E. You are at Q (Gibs's shack), and Gibs and the Sheriff are about to head off for I, the town gaol.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin will thank the Sheriff for his assistance when we all part near the river and then will cross with the rest of the group to go to the church. Once there, he will go inside with anyone else planning to enter.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre joins Sorin as they enter the church, he makes a small donation of 1gp to Pharesma, hoping it will make their visit sucessful.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret will stay outside and stand watch.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

OK, you arrive at the temple, which is devoted to Pharasma, the Lady of Graves. Ravengro's only religious structure, the temple is also the town's most elaborate building. Its eastern facade displays an intricate stained-glass mural depicting a stern Pharasma judging a noble-looking fellow who has clearly got on the deity's wrong side.

A ginger-haired youth in a shabby black cassock comes out, broom in hand.

"The blessing of the Lady upon you," he says formally. "How may I be of service? I am Gervaise Lamb, and have the honour to be an acolyte here."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan will stay silent allowing those more skilled in 'speechcraft' to do their art.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin addresses the boy, "Greetings Gervaise. The assistance of the Lady of Graves may be required. Is the senior priest in? His assistance may be required by the sheriff."
Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre, not interested in going to the church, says with a quietly "I will return to see Kendra and let her know what has transpired. I think it would be good to tell her what has been going on. Whilst here, it might be a good thing to see it there are any odd jobs we could do to raise some money, I'm sure they'll be something that might interest one of you, or your talents?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Our senior is Vauran Grimburrow, Sir, but he is rarely here, leaving most of the day-to-day running of the Temple to us. If you require potions of cure light wounds or lesser restoration, or holy water, we are able to sell you some; or of course if you need spirtual counsel or comfort... or a burial... we can attend to that. Father Grimburrow has the key to our vault, there is some other stuff there, but I'm not sure what's in there. He lives in a house out of town, would you like me to fetch him for you?" says Gervaise in a bit of a rush, obviously trying to be helpful.

Tre'duinne, of course you may go and visit Kendra. When you get there, she is digging in a flowerbed at the side of her house. Several seedlings in pots are lined up waiting to be planted out.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"Perhaps we need not trouble the lad with getting the father." Dillan smiles, "Our legs work just fine and it seems he has work he was tending too; I would hate to take him from his task."


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Before we leave for the church..."Tre, didn't you mention something about wands for sale? Perhaps with your share of the gold we found in the prison, you could purchase them while we go to the church? In fact, I'd be happy to contribute some of mine if you need it."

I've put a Google doc together (Our Loot) on the various items found so far (Anyone can edit. Meghan, if you get the chance, please link to it on the Campaign Info tab). In character, Sorin has no idea of the items found at the false crypt since it has not come up yet.

At the church..."I agree with my friend and I think we have what we currently need for magic and holy items, but we'll keep your services in mind. If you can direct us to your senior, we'll let him know. If you're uncomfortable with us going, please send word that the sheriff has need of his services at the town gaol."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre first returns to Kendra and on seeing her in the garden, goes over and helps her, before "Would you like a drink, I'll go in and make one. Then have a little rest." Whilst they have a drink Tre informs Kendra of the happening during the night and the imprisonment of Gibs and the evidence they found against him. He continues, "Do you know this man? Do you think there is any truth in his claim that he knows nothing? If you can help in any way, then I'm certain the sheriff would appreciate it, I'm not sure that despite the evidence he wholly trusts us."

Once he has finished this mornings engagement with Kendra, Tre makes his way to the old school house again. He knocks on the door, "Master Ghoroven, are you in? It's Master Braeguldae, I have returned, may we speak?"


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian is still tagging along, but doesn't have anything to say yet that hasn't already been said.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Thank you Sorin: link made as requested... eeep, it always surprises me how well-organised my players are!

At the church

"Oh, it's no trouble... truth be told I hate sweeping, and I've just about finished anyway. The Sheriff, you say? Not another death, I hope.."

At Kendra's house

"Thank you, Tre' - a drink would be lovely. There are berries in the brown stone jug in the pantry..." She listens to your tale.

"Gibs has been here many a year, a retired soldier. He's a grumpy old man at times, but despite being surly has never done harm to any, nor is he noted for telling tall stories... not even of his exploits in war, as some do. I will speak with the Sheriff if you wish, although I do not think that I have much to contribute."


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin looks confused for a moment, "Another death?...no...oh, do you mean the professor or someone else?" Recovering, he explains, "There is suspicion that there may be a possession. The senior priest is needed at the gaol to see if he can help the poor man. If you don't mind, I'd rather not share who...Father Grimburrow can see the sheriff for the details."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre looks kindly at Kendra, for her support during their stay has meant a lot to this group of the professor's friends. And yet they are here to look after her, the wheels of destiny sometimes seem in reverse. "No, there is no need, I'm sure the sheriff will be able to handle the situation." He finishes his tea, before Tre bids his farewell, "I must take my leave, I would like to see Master Ghoroven again."

Tre makes his way to the old school house again. He knocks on the door, "Master Ghoroven, are you in? It's Master Braeguldae, I have returned, may we speak?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

At the Church

"Yes, of course... possession, do you say? You will need Father Grimburrow for that, beyond my knowledge as of.. Ah! You are in luck, here he is now!" says Gervaise, waving.

Those who attended the funeral will recognise the short and scrawny figure bustling towards them, bald with bristling white eyebrows, a force to be reckoned with, it appears.

"Morning all, Lady's blessing," he says. "Trust young Gervaise has been attending to your needs. Is there anything that I can do for you?"

At the schoolhouse

Class is in session, with about a dozen children of various ages seated with their slates, quite glad to be interrupted. Master Ghoroven is standing by the chalkboard. He beams at the sight of you.

"Ah, Master Braeguldae. Good to see you again! Come in, come in. As for you lot, 15 minutes recess, go run off that energy, but listen for the bell." He shoos the children out and turns his attention to you.

"Now then, is there something in particular? Would you like to come through?"

He picks up an hourglass and mutteres over it for a few seconds and looks up, his eyes twinkling.

"A variant magic mouth I worked out - the sands run out, then it makes a noise a noise like a bell."

1,151 to 1,200 of 2,729 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.