Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Carrion Crown

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Carrion Crown AP.


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,960 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

This is assuming Barret is on watch.

Barret makes his way to the monument and takes a look around.

Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"Where are you little man? We're supposed to be on watch." He asks the night seemingly.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dillan can hear the steady footfalls of someone approaching. There's also a slight squeaking, as if there is a small animal - but one that perhaps is being carried, as he cannot hear its feet.

Then Barret starts shouting. Well, it sounds like shouting in the quiet night, although it's probably more of a normal conversational tone.

The footfalls stop.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

The rogue cringes, his face going slightly red, but he remains silent. Too many years of hiding in back streets from bullies has trained him well in staying unseen. Well guess we won't get the drop on this visitor, Dillan smiles, Of course I still just may. His mind goes back to the previous encounter; it was a rush having those children flee from in fear, a sensation he has never known.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret spends his shift alone it seems, wondering where Dillan has gone off too. "Guess he isn't here." He says to himself.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

After a while, the footfalls resume, walking steadily towards the Monument. It is so cloudy and overcast that little can be seen, although Dillan thinks he can see movement... or was that just a flicker at the corner of his eye?

Then the night is rent by a single squeal!


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan looks in the direction of the squeal/movement without focuses on it directly (since looking directly at something in the dark won't help you to see it.).

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 +4= 31 for hearing conversations, finding traps, concealed or secret objects.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dillon's sharp senses pick up a metallic smell... strangely familiar, and a movement in the shadows at the base of the Monument. Then something small and strangely floppy flies - is flung? - through the air.

The footsteps resume, steadily pacing away from the Monument now, back towards town.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Familiar mettalic smell?

Assuming Dillan knows where Barret is, the rogue quietly slides up to him, "A prisoner is in order."

Then the rogue attempts to follow the steps to identify this shape in hopes of catching them by surprise...or perhaps Barret will make enough of a surprise for him.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 +4= 35 for hearing conversations, finding traps, concealed or secret objects.

If I could only roll that could for combat!


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret is a little surprised as Dillan slides up to him. He looks around for the "prisoner".

Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

If he spots him/her/it, he will try to catch the prisoner before they make it back to town.


female human oracle of battle 4
Dillan Surestep wrote:
Familiar mettalic smell?

Blood, maybe?


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

That's what my initial thought was, but it doesn't hurt to be certain. ;D

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Now you think of it, yes, the smell is that of blood!

Barret is unable to see anything through the murk... but Dillon is managing to track the footfalls and sees what looks like a human being (or at least a humanoid one) walking back towards town in a purposeful manner.

Do you want to follow, or to go see what he was doing at the Monument?


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Now this is a real pickle. :(

Initially his courage strengthen's the rogue and his grip tightens on his sword...then the realization that he is alone, and if his attack isn't successful in subdueing the man, individually, he will have a fight on his hand. Fool, remember things aren't always about combat.

His grip loosens and Dillan follows the man back to town, Besides if I can figure out where he lives then I can bring the whole party upon him.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre sinks deeper into a trance like state of elven meditation, in the warmth of Kendra's home.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

This is the worst part about PbP; when the party is split like this. :(


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

You could come get your watch partner at least. :)

Barret seems to get a bit frustrated as not only can he not find the "prisoner", he seems to have lost Dillan as well. He will stand watch until he is relieved by the next shift.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

I know I know, but I don't want to alert this stranger to my presence. Promise, i'll follow and observe only then quickly return.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

If you say so. Hurry back, a bored Barret is a dangerous one. :)


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

It's funny. I think I have had far more split parties in PbP then I have ever experienced in RL. My kids are trained that anytime an inkling of it comes up, they cry out, "Don't split the party!"


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Yea, I actually appreciate splitting up the party sometimes. I know that some people hate doing it, but it can make things more fun.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Sometimes it just has to happen .. no probs for me ..

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

If you are properly absorbed in the alternate reality, it becomes natural that sometimes a group will split up... the rest are not forgotten, they're just asleep/meditating or whatever, while their players can suspend their disbelief and watch what Dillan & Barret are up to...

Ravengro Map

The Monument, you'll recall, is at O.

The fellow Dillan is following doesn't go far. He strides along the path beside the river to Q, a ramshackle tumbledown building, and goes inside. (This isn't, by the way, the route by which he arrived at the Monument.) The building is dark, and remains that way even after he enters.

What now?


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Now we have a better place to start at. The rogue smiles to himself wrapped in the blanket of darkness, he lingers for a few moments (half an hour) to be sure the man doesn't immediately leave...

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 +4= 25 for hearing conversations, finding traps, concealed or secret objects.

If nothing else happens...

Dillan makes his way back the monument, still under stealth...

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Once backs he waits till he is next to Barret before breaking his stealth, "We have a place to begin our investigation once daylight comes."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret is standing around, still alert by the time Dillan gets back. "Where is it little man? Where did you go?" He asks.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"Down by the river," The rogue shrugs, "Actually was thinking he might be going to a better kept place. But looks can be decieving." Dillan yawns, "It may be best to wait for the others before investigating it."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"If you say so little man. We'll wait then."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

After about 10 minitues, Dillan, you hear the sound of someone snoring. This continues until you get bored and go back to rejoin Barret.

The rest of the night is uneventful. Who is at the Monument when the sun comes up?


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Not Dillan that's for sure!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

No, he's curled up fast asleep as dawn breaks :)


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Merian/Sorin were the planned party members, to be on guard in the morning. Given Dillan's discovery, it's up to them whether they really went there or not. I guess.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Sorin will have gone to the monument unless Dillan and Barret advise otherwise at the shift change.


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian likewise - she will have argued that the evidence is not conclusive, and assuming more than we actually know is dangerous.


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Barret will just repeat what Dillan told him and suggest they wait until everyone is up and able to track this person down.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

So, did you continue the watch rotation or just decide on an expedition to follow up on Dillan's discoveries come daylight?


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

I believe they (we) continued the watch rotation; then afterwards once the others wake we would be investigating the shack.


female human oracle of battle 4

What Dillan said.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

Exactly


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

Ditto

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Those lurking around the Monument when the sun comes up:
You find the letters VE scrawled in fresh blood at the base of the monument. A dead cat, its throat cut, lies on the ground, and the rest of its blood has been spread around. It's all rather messy...

Back at Kendra's house, smells of fresh coffee and frying bacon greet you just after dawn. Quick meal and then out?


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan wakes, still tired from the nights events, but he makes his way down stairs; greeted by the smell of coffee the rogue smiles.

"Ahh Ms. Kendra you are a goddess in your home." Dillan says as he gathers a cup of coffee gently sipping on the warm liquid allowing it to work its magic.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

As the light begins to come up, Sorin shakes his head and looks again at the additional letter on the monument and the dead cat. "Um...Merian, I know they had someone sneaking around, but do you remember them saying anything about this?"


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre's mind surfaces from his meditation to the sounds of talking downstairs and the smell of breakfast. After last night's fun and games, he happily makes himself presentable, before moving downstairs to meet Kendra and .... Dillan's voice, oh good. ... "Morning everyone, what a good morning it is, do you need any help Kendra, anything I can do?" He turns to see Dillian siting sipping his coffee, "how was the night for you Dillian?"


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan looks up from his mug, "Well we have a start. Someone visited the monument last night during the second shift." He sips some more of his coffee, "This sure is good Kendra." Then turns back to Tre', "I followed him to a shack by the river. He did something at the monument but we didn't see what it was."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

The smell of fried meat wakes Barret up from his slumber. He bounds down the stairs towards it. "Morning." Is all he says before chowing down. After a few minutes of people staring at him, he takes a break and speaks. "So what is the plan?"


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Merian, you wait here. I'll go get the others." Sorin strides quickly back through town to Kendra's house. He knocks briefly and then pushes through the door sighing at the smell of breakfast and the thought that for him, it will only be water and hard tack today. he enters the kitchen, "Looks like your visitor was busy. We've got a dead cat and the letters "VE" at the monument. Merian is still at the monument. Let's go."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

"VE?" The rogue looks up from his mug, "Kendra do you know of anyone with those initials?"


female human oracle of battle 4
Sorin Szekely wrote:
As the light begins to come up, Sorin shakes his head and looks again at the additional letter on the monument and the dead cat. "Um...Merian, I know they had someone sneaking around, but do you remember them saying anything about this?"

Merian shakes her head. "No. But this is the same thing that happened before, with cat's blood instead of rat's blood. And VE... that makes me think of Vesorianna. It's what was in my dream: someone is duplicating the Splatter Man's ritual, and I think it might be targeting the prison," she says, shaking her head.

"We need to find who did this and put a stop to it."

Sorin Szekely wrote:
"Merian, you wait here. I'll go get the others."

Merian nods. While Sorin is gone, she whispers a prayer and searches for magical traces around the statue, in case the ritual is more than just a dead madman's fetish. Casting detect magic and scanning the area. As the sun comes up, she waits for the first one of the townsfolk to find her and the desecrated monument and tries to figure out what she'll say when that happens.


Stats:
AC 15/12/13 HP 34/34 F+3 R+3 W+4 Init+2 Per+4

"Not initials. Its the Splatter Man spelling a name. Vesorianna's. C'mon, let's go."


Kellid Invulnerable Rager 4 (HP 45/45; AC:16, T:10, FF:14; Fort:+6 Ref:+3 Will:+1; Init+2; Perception+7) (Effects: None)

"You are probably right, Sorin. We should go now." Barret replies as he stands up while finishing the last of his bacon.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Slowly Tre gets himself ready, muttering as he does I've got to learn my spells, oh bother not enough time, but eventually following his friends to the monument. "And Dillan you said you followed the thing that might have done this last night. We'll need to find evidence before we confront him you know!"

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,960 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.