Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Carrion Crown

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Carrion Crown AP.


51 to 100 of 3,027 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Silas looks off into the distance before stepping up before the gathered people. He dusts off some imaginary lint off his shoulder or was it dandruff. Who knows?

But begin his speech, he did.

"Friends, allow me to speak from a vantage point of which I have some authority. I would like to tell you of our friend, the Professor.”

“I think it is no more than three decades ago when I first met the Professor in the slums of Katheer, I believe. You would not believe it but the Professor then was a more worldly man. “

“His passion for life did have its disadvantage as it did attract the attention of an agent of darkness though at the time it wore the flesh of another.”

“Pardon me for the vagueness of my description but as I have been often told: Ignorance is Bliss.”

“Now, this other did try to seduce the Professor, to turn him to evil but when the Professor denied its advance it sought to end him. It was at this time that I entered the story, as I was waiting for this other to make its move. I recognized it, for long have I sought it but alas I merely ended its avatar and not the force behind it.”

“Thereafter, we started our long correspondence. He would often send me lore that may aid in my quest; whereas I would often send him leads to particular curios he was interested in. And over the course of a human generation, I grew to admire the man.”

“I was then in Minkai when I received the news of the Professor’s passing. But distance mattered not, so I am here.”

“In closing allow me to share, a little poem I borrowed from the minstrels in Minkai:”

In blossom today then scattered
Life is so much like a delicate flower
How can one expect the fragrance
To last forever


Female Changeling - Elfborn Cleric/1

After a moment of silence, Taelin steps forward for her turn. Taking a handful of earth, she considers the grave before speaking. "I do not know how I could properly express my thanks to the Professor other than to continue the journey he set me on."

"I met Professor Lorrimor after a lecture he gave on the Elven tradition of Seeking the Brightness. I myself was on that particular quest. We talked about the quest. When I mentioned certain particulars of my case, he realized that although I appear to be an Elf, I am in fact a Changeling."

"Over the last five years since that meeting, I've worked with him in many capacities. He has helped me to understand what it means to be a Changeling, and I have helped him to understand certain phenomena of a divine nature. Our association has been ... was one of comradeship and of friendship. I count him as one of my few friends, and I shall always grieve for his passing."

Standing still for a moment, Taelin stares down into the grave. A tear slides down her face as she whispers, "I'll miss you, Professor." She then tosses her handful of dirt into the grave, and picks up her violin from Sunny's back. She plays a short piece filled with loneliness and sorrow, then steps back to her place among the others.

Perform(strings): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Taldor

Back to the front page!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Actually, I just use the 'Focus' button to see all my games...

Kendra smiles sadly at each of you as you speak in turn.

"Thank you for your kind words. Does anyone else wish to speak?"

Taldor

I use that too but for some reason this game was not showing up this morning >.>

Terrick had been watching the others with great interest, as if trying to understand all the nuances of the burial ritual. Kendra's voice however snapped him back to reality. "Oh umm...I don't have any more words my lady..." He says quietly, hoping to not offend.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

The elf's golden long hair streams down from his head, before his eyes covering his face, as he looks down into the grave. Both his hands come up and slender fingers push back his locks behind pointed ears. He raises his face, a mournful smile on his lips. "If I may my lady Kendra, your father has been an inspirational and trusted teacher of all manner of things pertinent to this land. For none would have the breadth of knowledge that he has accrewed in his short lifetime. Though our first meeting was one of pure chance, when we both were furthering our studies at the Tombs of Yiondake. It was there as the moon waned in the sky, and dark clouds congregated overhead, that your father whilst finishing his studies disturbed some nameless soul, who had become trapped on this plane as a vengeful skeleton. Hearing the noise of conflagration, as he and the skeleton fought together, I came running hearing his shouts for help. as I came across your father, a sabre held high by the skeleton was about to descend and cut your father's body in two. In my despair, at seeing a threatened life and soul about to be taken, I found for the first time, somewhere in my being the will to make the skeleton, turn and go back to his resting place. Thus saving your father from further harm. It was the start of a friendship, which brought the University, where I learned from many great and wise men, but none more so than your father, Professor Lorrimor. I am forever indebted to his kindness and teaching, so please ask, and I will do to the best of my ability anything to honor his name and yours. "

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Once all have spoken, Father Grimburrow says a few more words, then sets the gravediggers to filling in the hole.

After the funeral is over, Kendra say her goodbyes to the other guests, then she invites you back to her home, that was so recently her father's, for a drink and to hear his last will and testament.

Walking through the town, your little group attracts stares, more curious than hostile although nobody seems particularly friendly. The Lorrimor residence is a modest home (area N on the Ravengro map) with crowded bookshelves in every room, and you are soon seated in a comfortable living room with a warm fire in the grate. Kendra has a full-bodied red wine that she offers to you all.

She's also prepared rooms for you, expecting you to at least stay overnight, and will heat water for anyone who wants to freshen up before taking their wine and hearing the will. The reading of the professor's will requires the presence of Councilman Vashian Hearthmount - the nearest thing the town has to a lawyer - but he has some other errands to run and won't be able to get there for about an hour.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

As Dillan enters the home he lowers his hood, one can almost see him flinch as it lowers past his ears; his ears however hidden under his hair.

"A bath would be lovely Kendra." Dillan smiles as he removes the rest of his cloak, revealing his Sword on his left hip and a crossbow on his right. "If its not too much of a bother perhaps a slight meal? The trip here was long on foot."

Dillan will go up to his room and place his belongings in there, however he will maintain his shortsword on him at all times.

Taldor

As they get ready to enter the house, Terrick fidgets a bit. "Umm do mind Nesser coming with me? I feel safer when he is around, Ms Kendra."


Silas takes out a little hanky in time to cover his nose as he sneezes. "I think I am catching a cold."

IRL, I have a cold right now. In summer.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

The immaculate elf bows his head slightly to Kendra as he says, "Thank you my Lady, it would be most pleasing to freshen up, I'm sure that I look a mess to you and your family right now. Your offer of wine is also gratifying, I will look forward to meeting you again once I have recovered a little from the travel and travails of the day."


Female Changeling - Elfborn Cleric/1

Taelin takes Sunny over to the side of the house and attaches her bridle to a fence post there before she goes inside. "Anything I might be able to do to help with that, Master Silas? I have some training in the healing arts." Depending on the response, Taelin sets about making tea or something to help with the cold. Then, turning to Kendra, "Thank you very much, Miss Kendra. If I could move some of my gear from Sunny's packs to my room, it would be appreciated. Do you know of any place in particular where I can stable her for the time being?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Your Nesser is welcome, Master Kelstone, does he have any specific needs? There's a stable out back with space for anyone's mounts - no need to leave them tied to the fence. I'll get the water on at once," and Kendra is soon bustling around seeing to everyone's needs.

Does anyone want to do anything before it is time to hear the will read?


Taelin wrote:
Taelin takes Sunny over to the side of the house and attaches her bridle to a fence post there before she goes inside. "Anything I might be able to do to help with that, Master Silas? I have some training in the healing arts." Depending on the response, Taelin sets about making tea or something to help with the cold.

"I would appreciate any help you can extend, Taelin."

Taldor

Terrick grins when he learns that Nesser is welcome. "Did you hear that Nesser? You actually get to stick with me for a change!" The large creature, still in its robe, lets out a chuckle. "For once yes Terrick. You smell by the way."

Terrick realizes then that he is in desperate need of a bath. "Ms Kendra, I would also like a bath. Nesser doesn't need to bath though."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan won't do much other than enjoy his bath, and return downstairs for some food. He won't start up any conversation unless when is started with him.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre eyes the strange creature that is owned by Terrick, "Unusual friend you have Master Terrick, you must tell me about him.", he says with a condescending look at the half-orc.

Taldor

Terrick grins sheepishly. "Nesser has been with me since I was six. He is my best and most trusted friend. He does look odd to others though, generally!" The half orc seems to be completely ignorant of Tre's tone of voice.

"What exactly did you want to know about him? You can just ask him yourself. Its up to him if he wants to answer."


Female Changeling - Elfborn Cleric/1

Taelin takes a moment to examine Silas and see what's wrong. If it's something she recognizes and knows how to treat, she'll set about working on dealing with it. Heal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Once she's done what she can for Silas, Taelin will move Sunny into the stables and get her settled, then move her gear from the packs into the room she'll be staying in. "Thank you, Miss Kendra. You are very kind to do all this for us on this occasion. Is there anything we can do for you?"


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24
Terrick Kelstone wrote:

Terrick grins sheepishly. "Nesser has been with me since I was six. He is my best and most trusted friend. He does look odd to others though, generally!" The half orc seems to be completely ignorant of Tre's tone of voice.

"What exactly did you want to know about him? You can just ask him yourself. Its up to him if he wants to answer."

The elf moves to the strange creature, "Nesser, if I may call you that, friend of Terrick Kelstone, excuse my ignorance, but you are a rare and wonderful being. Pray tell mewhat are you and where are you from? In all my times and studies, I have not seen a description of one such as you."

If Nesser answers his questions he will ask about his background, how he got here, how does he know Terrick, are there other like him, he will also ask Terrick about the magic of summoners, and Terrick's abilities. If this conversation goes on, Tre will offer information about himself, that he is able to cast arcane spells and is a student of magic, as wizards tend to be. He does not discuss his magical specialty or his relationship with his family.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Good interactions... carry on chatting! Plot can wait a bit :)


Nesser looks at the elf in front of him and cocks his cowled head to the side. "I am not sure what you would call me, but I come from the outer planes. Terrick says the technical term for me is an eidolon, but I have no idea what that means." He growls slightly, not angrily though, and continues. "I came to Terrick when he was a child. Its he who makes me look this way. From what we both learned during his training apparently he can make me look however he wants." Nesser continues to explain as best he can, with Terrick happily jumping in about how summoners work and what he can possibly do.

They will also ask similar questions of Tre, learning what they can about him. After Terrick gets bored however he will wander off to take a bath, leaving Tre with Nesser to continue speaking. He does this after explaining that he and Nesser can speak telepathically at almost any distance.


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre answers Nesser and Terrick, replying that have recently been learning more about magiks and the arcane at the university and have some small ability with spells. I have a small selection of spells in my spell book, but nothing so powerful as you 'Eidolon' summoning. No that truly is a clever magik.

Taldor

Terrick almost blushes and stammers a bit. "I don't really think its all that impressive. I mean, most of my training deals with summoning either Nesser, or a variety of basic planar beings. I can only have one of them summoned a time however. I also have a natural talent for conjuration magic. Apparently all summoners do." Terrick pauses for a moment and then begins to stare at a painting on the wall.

Nesser sighs, and then looks at Tre. "What he is trying to say is that you probably have more versatility or something like that. Least that is what I think he is getting at. Me and him are really a one trick pony...." Nesser then lets out a laugh and removes the hood, confident that Tre won't run off.

Once the hood is removed, Nesser's doglike face is exposed for all to see. Covered in coarse deep green fur, with a stone like black skin beneath, his mouth is full of razor sharp fangs that one would think would prevent such a being from even speaking. His red eyes glow, and in the center of his forehead is a glowing blue rune that is a match for the one on Terrick.

"Terrick keeps me alive, and I do the dirty work. That's how it works really."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Seeing the creature for the first time, Tre' truly appreciates the magics involved. "'Tis rare to see a summoned creature such as you, with so much power and strength. A powerful combination such as yourselves, let us hope we are allies at worst, and friends at best." With his clothes glistening in the lamp fires, the elf bows to Terrick and Nesser, "For we have next to know the wishes of Professor Lorrimor that he left as a legacy of his life and provide comfort to Kendra in her days of mourning."


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan comes downstairs refreshed from his bath, a fresh set of clothing on, his sword still at his hip and his cloak covering his body. His hair still hides his ears though. He moves to a chair more out-of-the-way then right next to everyone; the imagery clearly paints this one to be more comfortable skulking in shadows or hiding in crowds. He sits quietly enjoying the 'snack' plate Kendra has provided and listens to the conversations.


Female Changeling - Elfborn Cleric/1

Seeing that Kendra seems to be as content with the state of things as she can be given the occasion, Taelin retrieves her violin and brings it down and begins to pass the time improvising a song. Her piece is almost sad, but bounces away from that sadness with bits of lightheartedness, almost as if she's remembering old times. Perform(strings) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Oh, that's beautiful," says Kendra in response to Taelin's music.

Councilman Vashian Hearthmount arrives punctually. He looks around the room, frowning somewhat as he checks that everyone is present. You get the impression that he doesn't really approve of all these 'outsiders' being here. He produces a scroll case, shows that the professor's personal seal is unbroken, then breaks the wax and opens the case. As he does so, a small iron key falls out of the tube, clattering noisily onto the table. Undaunted by the key, the councilman begins to read, seemingly eager to be done with the business and to get back home.

"Hrm,hum," he clears his throat. "I, Petros Lorrimor, being of sound mind, do hereby commit to this parchment my last will and testament. Let it be known that, with the exception of the specific details below, I leave my home and personal belongings entire to my daughter Kendra. Use them or sell them as you see fit, my child.

"Yet beyond the bequeathing of my personal effects, this document must serve other needs. I have arranged for the reading of this document to be delayed until all principals can be in attendance, for I have more than mere inheritance to apportion. I have two final favors to ask.

"To my old friends, I hate to impose upon you all, but there are few others who are capable of appreciating the true significance of what it is I have to ask. As some of you know, I have devoted many of my studies to all manner of evil, that I might know the enemy and inform those better positioned to stand against it. For knowledge of one's enemy is the surest path to victory over its plans.

"And so, over the course of my lifetime, I have seen fit to acquire a significant collection of valuable but dangerous tomes, any one of which in the wrong circumstances could have led to an awkward legal situation. While the majority of these tomes remain safe under lock and key at the Lepidstadt University, I fear that a few I have borrowed remain in a trunk in my Ravengro home. While invaluable for my work in life, in death, I would prefer not to burden my daughter with the darker side of my profession, or worse still, the danger of possessing these tomes herself. As such, I am entrusting my chest of tomes to you, posthumously. I ask that you please deliver the collection to my colleagues at the University of Lepidstadt, who will put them to good use for the betterment of the cause.

"Yet before you leave for Lepidstadt, there is the matter of another favor — please delay your journey one month and spend that period of time here in Ravengro to ensure that my daughter is safe and sound. She has no one to count on now that I am gone, and if you would aid her in setting things in order for whatever she desires over the course of this month, you would have my eternal gratitude. From my savings, I have also willed to each of you a sum of one hundred platinum coins. For safekeeping, I have left these funds with Embreth Daramid, one of my most trusted friends in Lepidstadt — she has been instructed to issue this payment upon the safe delivery of the borrowed tomes no sooner than one month after the date of the reading of this will.

"I, Petros Lorrimor, hereby sign this will in Ravengro on this first day of Calistril, in the year 4710."


Female Changeling - Elfborn Cleric/1

Taelin sits back with her mind abuzz over the contents of the will. She leans forward and examines the key. "For as long as you require them, you have my services, Miss Kendra. I would wish to know more about this trunk, though, and of its contents. Do you know of it, Miss Kendra? Or perhaps you, Master Hearthmount?"


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan listens to the will as it is read, delivery some books, make sure his daughter is safe for a mere month. Sounds easy enough to repay my debt. He stands and moves over to Kendra, "I shall keep my word to your father, my skills are yours for a months time." Then returns to his seat.

Taldor

Terrick and Nesser share a glance, and possibly more though its hard to tell. "Well Ms Kendra, I can stay and help if you need me. It's not like I have pressing business elsewhere!" Terrick says with a grin. Hearing Taelin speak about the books causes Terrick to nod. "I too would like to see these books."


Silas shakes his head, "This is just like the Professor to saddle us with one last mission involving forbidden literature."

"But still, money is money."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre's eyes light up at the thought of the books, Surely there will be time to study these books a little in the next month before we take them to the University. How exciting! Despite his heart beating more quickly at the contents of the will, his outward appearance shows none of the thoughts rushing through his head.

After the reading is finished, and others have answered, slowly and deliberately, the elven diplomat speaks, in a voice that is clear and concise, yet controlled and quite quiet, "My lady Kendra, it will be an honor to serve you at your father's behest, I hope we do not disturb you any more than we have to and it is a trouble free month. I am yours to command." He bows his head to Kendra, before his eyes move up, looking around at the rest of the group, as he does he says, "We are destined to work together to do the Professor's will, his trusted friends are mine too. It is a privilege to know you and have our fates joined for his and Kendra's sake."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Once the will is read, Councilman Vashian looks to Kendra, who thanks him and dismisses him. He departs without further ado.

Putting on a brave face, Kendra turns to you all.

"Firstly, thank you all again for coming. I'll need at least a few weeks to decide if I want to sell my family home or remain here in Ravengro — in the meantime, as stipulated by the will, I'd like you to remain as well. Naturally, you may stay here - the house, as you've seen, is quite spacious. As for the chest, yes I know it well. Excuse me while I fetch it."

She's soon back. The chest itself is a relatively small object of oak and iron. She places it on the table beside the key.

"I... I wonder of one of you would be so kind... as to do the honours. I'm none too sure of what is within... my studies are of a somewhat different nature to my father's."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre' moves away from the box "Please excuse me, my Lady." and chants to himself, letting others get a closer view, before he can gain access to the wonders within.

Casts Detect Magic at the box.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Tre'duinne, the box does not detect as magic.


Female Changeling - Elfborn Cleric/1

"Well, shall we see if the key fits?" Taelin takes the key up and fits it into the lock. Perception on the chest: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

"Yes indeed, please open this legacy and let us be enlightened by its contents." the elf concurs with the female, a slight tremor of excitement in his voice.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan rests in his seat watching the others and eyeing the box from his distance. I wonder if that was one of the chests I 'safed' for the old man?

Taldor

Terrick and Nesser both look on in anticipation of the box opening.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Taelin advances on the box, key in hand, as everyone else watches. The key fits the lock perfectly, and within are several old tomes and one relatively new one. The newest tome sits on the top and bears the phrase "Read me now!" scratched into the leather cover.

OOC: Job interview tomorrow (Friday), not sure when I'll get online


Female Changeling - Elfborn Cleric/1

Taelin picks up the top book, examining it. "Any wish to do the honors, since I opened the box?"


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Good luck with the interview!


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

"If no one minds, then as a fellow scholar, I might be able to provide some insight to the contents, should there be a need to do that." as Tre'duinne picks up the book from inside the box. He looks around at the gathering and nods in agreement with himself, waiting momentarily for any objection. His heart beats a little faster as the thirst for knowledge is about to be quenched.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan nods at Tre' showing his approval of the elf reading the book, "Just read aloud its contents."


Silas braces his soul for what the book may contain. He recalls that there is a book of forbidden lore that could ensnare one's soul.

"You may wanna check that thing for wards though."


Male Elf Wizard (necromancy/undead)/4 HPs 24/24

Tre'duinne holds his excitement in check, hearing Silas' words, "You speak of caution, and it is warranted. I shall take precautions."

Once more with the Detect magic on the book, if it shows no sign of magic, and all are ready, he will open and read aloud.

Taldor

Terrick quietly waits for Tre to open the book, saying nothing.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Still nothing magical...

There's plenty in the Professor's journal, but here are the highlights:

Ten Years Ago:
The Whispering Way is more than just a cabal of necromancers. I see that now. Undeath is their fountain of youth. Uncovering their motivation does not place me at ease as I thought it might. Their desire to be eternal simply makes them more dangerous.

Two Months Ago:
It is as I had feared. The Way is interested in something here in Ravengro. But what could it be?

One Month Ago:
Whatever the Way seeks, I am now convinced their goal is connected to Harrowstone. In retrospect, I suppose it all makes sense — the stories they tell about the ruins in town are certainly chilling enough. It may be time to investigate the ruins, but with everyone in town already being so worked up about them, I’d rather not let the others know about my curiosity — there's plenty of folks hereabouts who already think I'm a demonologist or a witch or something. Ignorant fools.

Twenty Days Ago:
It is confirmed. The Way seems quite interested in something — no, strike that — someone who was held in Harrowstone. But who, specifically, is the Way after? I need a list of everyone who died the night of the fire. Everyone. The Temple of Pharasma must have such a list.

Eighteen Days Ago:
I see now just how ill prepared I was when I last set out for the Harrowstone. I am lucky to have returned at all. The ghosts, if indeed they were ghosts (for I did not find it prudent to investigate further) prevented me from transcribing the strange symbols I found etched along the foundation — hopefully on my next visit I will be more prepared. Thankfully, the necessary tools to defend against spirits are already here in Ravengro. I know that the church of Pharasma used to store them in a false crypt in the Restlands at the intersection between Eversleep and the Black Path. I am not certain if the current clergy even know of what their predecessors have hidden down below. If my luck holds, I should be able to slip in and out with a few borrowed items.

Seventeen Days Ago:
Tomorrow evening I return to the prison. It is imperative the Way does not finish. My caution has already cost me too much time. I am not sure what will happen if I am too late, but if my theory is right, the entire town could be at risk. I don't have time to update my will, so I'll leave this in the chest where it'll be sure to be found, should the worst come to pass.


Male Half-Elf Rogue/ 4

Dillan soaks in the information as Tre' reads it aloud. After a moment he speaks looking at the others, "Did he say ghosts?" The look on Dillans face is one of fear, "Just how are we to combat such a thing?" Dillan stands and moves forward peering into the chest, "So did he get anything from that crypt? Or did he fail to gain access?"

51 to 100 of 3,027 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.