Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Mbauers' Mummy's Mask

Game Master mbauers

Map of Wati

Current Combat Map

Loot Tracker

Royal Decree.


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,613 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

F Halfling Rogue (Unchained, Burgler)
stats:
Hp: 28/29, AC:21 (FF15, T17), Saves=F+4, R+11, W+4, Initiative+7, Perception+10 (+2 vs Traps, +2 when in Concealment), DD+14

@GM: Makes sense. Mirri will then try to Bluff/Sell the highest price item we have that no one else is trying to sell.

Bluff Check to Sell at Auction 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Aside from attempting to find a buyer for an item, Mirri otherwise hangs out with Marrna and Mad Dog. Like them, she doesn't seem to quite fit in at the gathering.


Gamer Please read the announcements!
Say'ri Al Bashere wrote:

"He is my familiar. I originally came across him during my time with the Watch. He was in the necropolis, injured, and being attacked by some minor undead. Lord Horus looks kindly on falcons, so it was my duty to intervene and I was able to put the undead to rest and save him." Say'ri strokes Akhentepi's feathers, finding the mixture of amusement and resignation from her ancestor quite amusing. "We bonded while he healed and, with Horus' grace, we have fought together ever since."

Hands that can show mercy or mete death--you are a woman of rare skill, Khammayid bows, and glides over to examine wares at other stalls.

Meanwhile, Ptemnib approaches. He is very regal, your bird. He looks like a true leader of men. Perhaps he was, in a past life. Right General? The priest winks. I'm afraid I have pressing matters to attend to, but good luck at the auction! He exits the auction house, and on the way you can see him tilt his head to the side and nodding, as though he is conversing with someone who isn't there.

Petra Gritstone wrote:


Petra does give Basif her name, and then somewhat uncertainly takes one of the little brown rocks, only to be pleasantly surprised that they are not rocks. "This is sweet outside but bitter inside," Petra says with a blink. "The coating is... 'chocolate'?"

She is silent a little bit in thought, because she is definitely not one of nature's storytellers, to deal in words of drama such as he suggests. She has copied many scrolls of Erekrus that tell of the deeds of the noblest pharaohs, but that is very far from being one to weave her own stories. But for Petra at least there has always been a solemn grandeur in those old historical accounts.

Seriously, Petra intones: "In the thirty-first year of the Ruby Prince Khemet the Third, the Forthbringer, a foreign woman came to Osirion from the barbarous lands of the north." (To Petra, anything north of the Inner Sea is barbarous; she has only the faintest conceptual grasping that nations such as Taldor and Irrisen are not exactly alike.) "This woman worshiped Nethys, but in her worship and hunger for secrets of her god she disdained the righteous law of Osirion as given by the Ruby Prince, who walks among us as one of the gods, and as represented...

Hmm, it didn't quote the whole thing. Anyway...

Basif's eyes widen at Petra's tale and he blinks once, twice, at its abrupt end. There is an uncomfortably long moment of silence broken by the man's burst of laughter.

Excellent! See? I knew you could do it! Here, I sell these in my shop. Have a few, if you like them, he hands over more of the chocolate 'rocks' with pride.

Later, the adventurers nod in satisfaction, examining Petra's weapons.

Mirri Massadeq wrote:

@GM: Makes sense. Mirri will then try to Bluff/Sell the highest price item we have that no one else is trying to sell.

Bluff Check to Sell at Auction 1d20+8

Aside from attempting to find a buyer for an item, Mirri otherwise hangs out with Marrna and Mad Dog. Like them, she doesn't seem to quite fit in at the gathering.

Perhaps it is the proximity of her uncouth companion or the rambunctious canine, but Mirri doesn't get much response from her attempts.

So the Arisetti lot, the weapons, the tablet, and the spellbook will all sell for full price. Everything else sells for 90% (art objects and stuff that usually sell for 100%) and 45% (stuff that usually sells for 50%). Let me know what purchases you'd like to make during the auction and we'll move along.


F Halfling Rogue (Unchained, Burgler)
stats:
Hp: 28/29, AC:21 (FF15, T17), Saves=F+4, R+11, W+4, Initiative+7, Perception+10 (+2 vs Traps, +2 when in Concealment), DD+14

Mirri shrugged while looking back at the others following her failed attempt to sell off items. She said nothing though, and her mood quickly picked up as scooped up another plate of food while playing with Marrna. Afterward she essentially ignored the rest of the auction gathering, while joking and story-telling with Mad Dog and Ibrahim.

After Say'ri has tallied the final wealth gains from the auction, I'll decide about Mirri purchases. Chances are she'll just hold onto her cash. I'd really like Boots of Stride/Spring, but don't have enough gold for that yet. Otherwise, I'm ready to move on.


Female Dwarf Inquisitor 4 HP 27/27 (0 NL) | AC 19 - T 13, FF 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (various modifiers apply) | CMD 16 | Perc. +10 | Init. +6 | L1 spells 4/4 | L2 spells 2/2 - Wand of CLW: 18 chrgs - 0 hero points

Just want to snag a scroll of remove fear right now; I think it's all I have the gold for due to my badass bow.

Petra nods in satisfaction at a good bargain struck over the weapons, and wanders back to the others, nibbling her chocolates. "Have you ever had these?" she asks Say'ri, Ibrahim, and Mirri earnestly. "They are bitter inside but I cannot stop eating them."


Gamer Please read the announcements!

I'm ready to move things along once you finalize sales and purchases. Just let me know what they all are.

Scarab Sages

Akhentepi:
HP 6/18 | AC16, F15, T13 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | CMD 14/17 | Perc +14 | +7/+7, d8+2
Say'ri:
Eldritch Guardian 4 HP 26/36 | AC18 (16: - shield), T12, FF16 (14 -Shield) | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 | CMD 19 | Perc +9 | Init +4

I still have no idea what the value of the spellbook is so I'm assuming its worth 275gp as per the preconstructed spellbook of a level 3 wizard. See discussion thread for final loot takes.


Gamer Please read the announcements!

As the auction winds down and the attendees mill about, paying for their purchases and gloating over their acquisitions, a frantic pounding comes from The Canny Jackal’s (middle) front door. As two servants move to open the door, Marrna stands at attention, growling menacingly in an uncharacteristic display of aggression.

Don't open the door! Get away from there! Marrn shouts, but his warning comes too late as the door bursts asunder, reduced to splinters, and a horde of zombies shamble in, hungry for the blood of the living. The exploding shards strike the servants, one male, one female, who fall to the floor, unconscious and dying.

The attendees (not pictured on the map) back away towards the podium.

Next up: Y'all
Mad Dog
Zaaahm Bey Zaaahm Bey Zaaaaam Bey-eh-ay-eh-ay-eh

Scarab Sages

Akhentepi:
HP 6/18 | AC16, F15, T13 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | CMD 14/17 | Perc +14 | +7/+7, d8+2
Say'ri:
Eldritch Guardian 4 HP 26/36 | AC18 (16: - shield), T12, FF16 (14 -Shield) | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 | CMD 19 | Perc +9 | Init +4

Say'ri and Akhentepi are already moving when the doors fall, some sixth sense of the General's alerting them both. The two of them charge into the doorway, Say'ri unslinging her shield to block the entrance as the two of them savage the first zombie to enter. (Akhentepi is flying above the male servant)

Say'ri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Akhen: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Dwarf Inquisitor 4 HP 27/27 (0 NL) | AC 19 - T 13, FF 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (various modifiers apply) | CMD 16 | Perc. +10 | Init. +6 | L1 spells 4/4 | L2 spells 2/2 - Wand of CLW: 18 chrgs - 0 hero points

Petra stands a moment, chocolate in hand, as the words come back to her... words of a curse... hordes of undead to plague the living...

Then she jolts into action, cocoa beans clattering to the floor as she unshoulders her bow and hurries forward.

Kn Religion, monster lore: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 (just in case they are anything but bog-standard zombies)

"Anubis, let me put these to rest," Petra whispers as she fits an arrow to her bow. "...and let there not be more of them."

swift action for judgment of destruction

Bow vs Purple (cover, PBS, coordinated shot): 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 4 = 21
Damage vs Purple, judgment, PBS, undead slayer: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

(Just a normal arrow, if DR's an issue)


F Halfling Rogue (Unchained, Burgler)
stats:
Hp: 28/29, AC:21 (FF15, T17), Saves=F+4, R+11, W+4, Initiative+7, Perception+10 (+2 vs Traps, +2 when in Concealment), DD+14

@GM: Looking at the map, there appear to be no other exits out of the room. Is that correct? If so, Mirri will just drop in the initiative for now as there is very little for her to do just yet.


Gamer Please read the announcements!

Can't update the map now, but yes they are regular zombies. DR 5/slashing

Say'ri swiftly cuts the head off the lead zombie while Akhentepi lands on another's shoulders, tearing out an eye. The remaining eye is promptly impaled by Petra's arrow, and the zombie crashes to the floor, driving the arrow all the way out the back of its skull.

Pink and purple are dead (again). Still to act, Ibrahim and possibly Mirri


Male Human (Garundi) Magus (Eldritch Scion) 4
stats:
HP: (27/27) AC 18 (FF 15, Touch 14) CMD 18, FS +6, RS +5, WS +5, Initiative: +3, Perception: +3/+1 (sight-based)

Ibrahim runs up and drags the unconscious woman out of the way of the oncoming horde.

"Quickly, someone get him out of there!" he shouts, pointing to the unconscious man.

Not sure if I provoke an AoO or not, but either way, its all good.


F Halfling Rogue (Unchained, Burgler)
stats:
Hp: 28/29, AC:21 (FF15, T17), Saves=F+4, R+11, W+4, Initiative+7, Perception+10 (+2 vs Traps, +2 when in Concealment), DD+14

Tiny as she is, Mirri looked helplessly back at Ibrahim as the man made a very reasonable and altruistic request. The helpless look went back to the door, where most of the large, capable warriors were clogged up close-quarters with the zombie mass. Holding her knife anxiously in her hand, Mirri waited on the balls of her feet for the right moment to act.

This battle just didn't set up well for Mirri. Just dropping in the initiative for now.


Gamer Please read the announcements!

No worries, Mirri, there's plenty more combat coming up very very soon!

Mad Dog totters over towards the breach (we'll say it's a two-square opening from the sundered door), somehow managing not to spill his beer as he stumbles forward. He grabs the unconscious servant by the collar and nonchalantly drags him to safety.

Marrna, guard the door. He whistles sharply twice, and nods toward the opening.

Marrna stalks forward, muscles tensing, but she stops at the breach. The first zombie through gets its leg ripped from its body. It falls awkwardly, and Marrna's massive jaws tear at the corpse's innards until it stops moving. Red is destroyed. Akhentepi is hovering above Marrna

As the zombies shambe forward, a few more come into view from around the corner. reusing colors of dead ones One of them Purple is shirtless, his exposed, purplish torso bloated like he's been submerged in water for days.

Two of the corpses crash into Say'ri, buffeting her past her shield and driving the breath from her 12 damage . A third smashes Marrna, who doesn't seem to feel it through her mess of matted fur.

Next up: Party

GM:

Blue vs Say'ri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Yellow vs Say'ri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Orange vs Marrna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Dwarf Inquisitor 4 HP 27/27 (0 NL) | AC 19 - T 13, FF 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (various modifiers apply) | CMD 16 | Perc. +10 | Init. +6 | L1 spells 4/4 | L2 spells 2/2 - Wand of CLW: 18 chrgs - 0 hero points

Petra scurries closer to two of the wounded-- Say'ri and the servant-- while snapping a wand into her palm and calling upon the goddess Pharasma and her blessings with, at this point, a sort of practiced staccato supplication.

Move- moved on map; swift-- draw wand of bless- standard: BLESS Y'ALL, and yes, I'll include Mad Dog and his doggo in the blessings, as well as any one else who is not a zombie and is within 50' of me.

"That body there was left in water," Petra observes with a frown. "Is this some... random raising?"

Scarab Sages

Akhentepi:
HP 6/18 | AC16, F15, T13 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | CMD 14/17 | Perc +14 | +7/+7, d8+2
Say'ri:
Eldritch Guardian 4 HP 26/36 | AC18 (16: - shield), T12, FF16 (14 -Shield) | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 | CMD 19 | Perc +9 | Init +4

Reeling from the impact of two bodies Say'ri strikes again. Akhentepi drives in from the flank.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Akhentepi 1: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 25 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Akhentepi 2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 29 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human (Garundi) Magus (Eldritch Scion) 4
stats:
HP: (27/27) AC 18 (FF 15, Touch 14) CMD 18, FS +6, RS +5, WS +5, Initiative: +3, Perception: +3/+1 (sight-based)

Content that the unconscious woman is out of harms way, Ibrahim shoulders next to Say'ri to reinforce the front line, smiling as he draws his blade.

"Our deals were so good, the dead have risen to come make a purchase, eh?"

Scimitar PA/Bless vs "Blue": 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 28

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 14

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Crit Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Gamer Please read the announcements!

Say'ri and the General, working in concert, tear another corpse asunder. Ibrahim quips about the state of the risen dead, and joins Say'ri, swinging his blade diagonally on an upward arch and carving another zombie asymmetrically.

Mad Dog calmly finishes his beer and hooks the tankard onto his belt. He steps next to Marrna, spits some of his beverage on the nearest zombie, and unslings his massive, gaudy club from his back.

His faithful pet savages another foe, crunching bone and shredding rotten flesh.

Orange, yellow, blue dead

A wave of undead rushes forward, one striking under Ibrahim's guard (10 damage) and another smashing Marrna in the jaw, who growls in fury.

Next up: Party

GM:

attack, PA, flank: 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 4 - 2 = 25

damage: 1d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 = 16

Teal vs Ibrahim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Green vs Say'ri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Red vs Marrna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Scarab Sages

Akhentepi:
HP 6/18 | AC16, F15, T13 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | CMD 14/17 | Perc +14 | +7/+7, d8+2
Say'ri:
Eldritch Guardian 4 HP 26/36 | AC18 (16: - shield), T12, FF16 (14 -Shield) | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 | CMD 19 | Perc +9 | Init +4

Say'ri stays firm in place, knowing that the choke point is the best place to hold the Zombies back. She and Akhentepi continue their grim work.

Say'ri: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Akhetepi: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 25 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Akhetepi: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 12 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


F Halfling Rogue (Unchained, Burgler)
stats:
Hp: 28/29, AC:21 (FF15, T17), Saves=F+4, R+11, W+4, Initiative+7, Perception+10 (+2 vs Traps, +2 when in Concealment), DD+14

Mirri's antsy-ness grows to become overwhelming. I gotta do SOMETHING, the thought practically screamed in her head. Glancing frantically at the flow of the battle, Say'ri and the General gave her hope for an opening. The halfling sprinted to just behind the human woman, and appeared poised to charge past the enemy line.

Double move to her current position on the map. Next round will attempt to use Acrobatics to get around the zombies for a flank.


Female Dwarf Inquisitor 4 HP 27/27 (0 NL) | AC 19 - T 13, FF 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (various modifiers apply) | CMD 16 | Perc. +10 | Init. +6 | L1 spells 4/4 | L2 spells 2/2 - Wand of CLW: 18 chrgs - 0 hero points

While aware of Ibrahim and Say'ri's injuries, and the wounded servants, Petra decides to loose another arrow, filled with her revulsion and hatred for the undead-- and Anubis's strong dictates against them. The living are yet on their feet, after all.

Arrow vs teal, PBS, Bless, coordinated shot, cover penalty: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 15
Damage (not slashing), PBS, judgment, undead slayer: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Male Human (Garundi) Magus (Eldritch Scion) 4
stats:
HP: (27/27) AC 18 (FF 15, Touch 14) CMD 18, FS +6, RS +5, WS +5, Initiative: +3, Perception: +3/+1 (sight-based)

Ibrahim's next attack is knocked off course as he is bludgeoned by the undead foe.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 11


Gamer Please read the announcements!

That actually hits, Lol


Male Human (Garundi) Magus (Eldritch Scion) 4
stats:
HP: (27/27) AC 18 (FF 15, Touch 14) CMD 18, FS +6, RS +5, WS +5, Initiative: +3, Perception: +3/+1 (sight-based)

Woops!

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Despite being hammered by his foe, Ibrahim strikes true!


Gamer Please read the announcements!

The front line of zombies is struck down by the heroes, Say'ri and her familiar working together with efficiency. Petra's arrow takes another high in the chest, opening up a strike under the ribs for Ibrahim, which he exploits.

Then, with a sharp whistle from Mad Dog, Marrna tears another zombie apart.

The halfling then lets out a howl and runs toward the remaining zombie, the bloated, water-logged one. The rhinestone-bedazzled club obliterates the zombie's head like a rotten pumpkin, showering the drunken halfling in noxious gore. He blinks a few time, spits, then walks back in with Marrna at his heels.

Combat over (for now...)

GM:

attack, PA, flank: 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 4 - 2 = 24

damage: 1d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 6 = 18

attack, PA, rage: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27

Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 6 = 13

Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Scarab Sages

Akhentepi:
HP 6/18 | AC16, F15, T13 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | CMD 14/17 | Perc +14 | +7/+7, d8+2
Say'ri:
Eldritch Guardian 4 HP 26/36 | AC18 (16: - shield), T12, FF16 (14 -Shield) | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 | CMD 19 | Perc +9 | Init +4

Everyone get inside - we need to barricade the doors, now!" Say'ri demands, pushing Ibrahim back into the door and glaring at Mad Dog as she picks up what remains of the doors and begins blocking the entry-way with them. "We need chairs, tables, anything that can block the doors! Mirri - check the people inside, we need anyone with weapons. Don't let them leave, or do anything stupid!"


F Halfling Rogue (Unchained, Burgler)
stats:
Hp: 28/29, AC:21 (FF15, T17), Saves=F+4, R+11, W+4, Initiative+7, Perception+10 (+2 vs Traps, +2 when in Concealment), DD+14

Body poised for a well-timed, heroic leap over the undead foes, Mirri watched with deeply mixed emotions as her allies brutally dispatched the last of the zombies. Oh man.... she started to say more but Say'ri's sharp orders cut her off with a wide-eyed look. 'Kay, got it! The halfling then darted back toward the huddle masses near the back of the building. Ya'll don't do nothin' stupid, o' try to leave! The command came across a bit more threatening than Mirri had intended, so she modulated her tone. Err...my friends are killin' a bunch of those zombies but mebbe there's more. Anybody gotta weapon an' know how ta use it? If ya do, come with me! Motioning anyone who volunteered forward, Mirri headed back toward her allies.

@GM: while near the back of the building, Mirri also kept an eye out for any other entrances or exits


Gamer Please read the announcements!

Go ahead and roll diplomacy and/or intimidate for that, Mirri.

Mad Dog answers Say'ri's side-eye with a laugh. What? Marrna hates the dead. I couldn't stop her from fighting if I tried. Good job, girl. Go fetch.

He points to a heavy wooden chair, and the dog starts to drag it towards the breach. The halfling, for his part, waddles over to the keg and refills his beer.

Meanwhile Namaru Meshoten peers out from her hiding place behind the NW sofa. We gotta get outta here! she yells, dashing for the door. Her grandmother reaches for her and misses, stands up and chases after her. Just as they cross the threshold, some of the scaffolding at the front of the building collapses on top of them. Most of the girl's body is covered in debris, with only her head visible. The elder Meshoten's leg is twisted under her at an awkard angle, also buried in wood and stone.

The girl whimpers quietly, well the grandmother tries to comfort her.
It's alright, child. We will be alright. Please, help us! she calls into the auction house.

The red area is all debris. As a full-round action, a character can remove an amount of rubble equal to one-half his or her heavy load (thus five times your heavy load per minute).

Please post your actions one round's worth at a time, as though we are in combat. Thanks!

Scarab Sages

Akhentepi:
HP 6/18 | AC16, F15, T13 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | CMD 14/17 | Perc +14 | +7/+7, d8+2
Say'ri:
Eldritch Guardian 4 HP 26/36 | AC18 (16: - shield), T12, FF16 (14 -Shield) | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 | CMD 19 | Perc +9 | Init +4

Say'ri utters some ferocious curses as the girl runs past her before sheathing her sword and shield. "We need help here!" She yells, starting on the older woman, who can be extracted more speedily. At least we have a barricade now the 'optimistic' part of her mind responds.

FRA: Dig! Dig! Akhentepi will help. We can shift about 200lbs between us.


Female Dwarf Inquisitor 4 HP 27/27 (0 NL) | AC 19 - T 13, FF 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (various modifiers apply) | CMD 16 | Perc. +10 | Init. +6 | L1 spells 4/4 | L2 spells 2/2 - Wand of CLW: 18 chrgs - 0 hero points

Petra shakes her head at the foolishness of the girl, and hurries to the fallen servants. "You breathe. These ones, not for much longer... and through no fault of their own," she says, with her usual tact in scolding a young girl.

Action to cast stabilize on one of the two servants who fell in the first wave.

As she quickly calls a fragment of divine power to hold off death, Petra looks around sharply for the Nethyn priests. "Intef Karam! The old warning... the legions of the dead and the damned.... I fear this thing may be coming true before us."


F Halfling Rogue (Unchained, Burgler)
stats:
Hp: 28/29, AC:21 (FF15, T17), Saves=F+4, R+11, W+4, Initiative+7, Perception+10 (+2 vs Traps, +2 when in Concealment), DD+14

Diplomacy Check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Though not one to persuade others, at least by use of the truth, the combination of the facts and Mirri's sincerity seemed to lead to a persuasive presentation.

As she finished talking, Mirri's head whipped around upon hearing the loud crash from the front. Err, and if ya can't fight but can lift stuff, come help! The Halfling then darted back towards the rest of the party, with whomever would follow in tow.

2nd Diplo check, if needed, to get able-bodied folks to clear rubble 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Male Human (Garundi) Magus (Eldritch Scion) 4
stats:
HP: (27/27) AC 18 (FF 15, Touch 14) CMD 18, FS +6, RS +5, WS +5, Initiative: +3, Perception: +3/+1 (sight-based)

Ibrahim sheathes his sword and hustles to the fallen debris. He speaks in a soft voice, trying to calm the child.

"It's going to be all right. My friends and I will have you out of here in no time. We can even make a game of it. I'll be I can get you out of there faster than Mad Dog can finish his beer. Just try to hold still."

Move action to sheathe, move action to get to the area. On my next turn I will take a full-round to clear debris. I'll focus on the girl first then the older lady.


Gamer Please read the announcements!

Remember we're in rounds now, so please only take one round of actions at a time. Say'ri, sheathing both weapons would take your whole turn, but I'll move you up 5 ft. Also, Ibrahim, you're increased carrying capacity from your Armbands would apply to this endeavor as well.

Khammayid Okhenti, Menya the Whip, and two of the Andoren explorers hurry forward behind Mirri, ready to help with the excavation. One of the explorers pulls a crowbar out of his bag. Intef hurries over to examine the injured servants.

Before you can dig properly, you see a swarm of creatures crawling towards the entrance to the auction house. As they get closer, you can see that they are disembodied hands, running swiftly on their fingers. They scatter and run towards different targets, skittering over the debris easily.

Up: Party!


Female Dwarf Inquisitor 4 HP 27/27 (0 NL) | AC 19 - T 13, FF 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (various modifiers apply) | CMD 16 | Perc. +10 | Init. +6 | L1 spells 4/4 | L2 spells 2/2 - Wand of CLW: 18 chrgs - 0 hero points

Kn Religion on the hands?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 (Making the assumption that they are undead here; defenses or DR/etc if they have any, special attacks?)

Petra assesses the new threat with narrowed eyes, and turns from the servant to the incoming... hands? She'll shout out stuff she knows based on the results of her knowledge check if there's anything to shout.

Taking a step back to the door, Petra sends an arrow flying out through the rubble towards one of the hands approaching the trapped child and grandmother.

vs Red - Cover penalties, PBS, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 25 Eyyy
Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Normal damage, PBS, undead: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Extra damage if the 17 confirms: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14

Scarab Sages

Akhentepi:
HP 6/18 | AC16, F15, T13 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | CMD 14/17 | Perc +14 | +7/+7, d8+2
Say'ri:
Eldritch Guardian 4 HP 26/36 | AC18 (16: - shield), T12, FF16 (14 -Shield) | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 | CMD 19 | Perc +9 | Init +4

"Keep them off us!" Say'ri yells. She bends down to get a good grip and then begins heaving on the rubble. Akhentepi soars over the rubble and comes swooping in on one of the hands

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Female Dwarf Inquisitor 4 HP 27/27 (0 NL) | AC 19 - T 13, FF 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (various modifiers apply) | CMD 16 | Perc. +10 | Init. +6 | L1 spells 4/4 | L2 spells 2/2 - Wand of CLW: 18 chrgs - 0 hero points

By my count there's at least 5 rounds of bless still remaining from the wand charge so don't forget your +1, gang!


F Halfling Rogue (Unchained, Burgler)
stats:
Hp: 28/29, AC:21 (FF15, T17), Saves=F+4, R+11, W+4, Initiative+7, Perception+10 (+2 vs Traps, +2 when in Concealment), DD+14

That came out pretty well! Mirri smiled internally for a moment as she trotted back up to the front of the building with her "recruits" in tow. Especially when trying to convince others to help with the debris, it almost seemed as if someone else was whispering thoughts in her ear. Was there another voice?

The thought was rudely throttled out of her head by the sight of disembodied hands, of all things, racing toward the party and helpless commoners trapped in the rubble. In the slums in which she grew up too often folks in such desperate straits were ignored. Perhaps it was her hatred for such behavior, coupled with an odd sense of bravery, that provoked the halfling's next action.

Her trot turning into a full sprint, Mirri vaulted over the two trapped women to land behind them and in the middle of the foes. HEY! STUPID HANDS! COME FIGHT ME!! Mirri yelled at the top of her lungs while waving her dagger threatening at the bizarre enemies. In truth she held back on any truly deadly strikes, instead focusing on warding off attacks she was certain would come.

Move action to current location on map, using Acrobatics to avoid AoO's. Then full defense as standard action.

Acrobatic Check 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


Male Human (Garundi) Magus (Eldritch Scion) 4
stats:
HP: (27/27) AC 18 (FF 15, Touch 14) CMD 18, FS +6, RS +5, WS +5, Initiative: +3, Perception: +3/+1 (sight-based)

Ibrahim ignores the creepy new foes and focuses on extricating the two victims. The cords wrapped around his arms flash brilliantly as he removes a massive chunk of debris.

FRA to remove 260 lbs of debris from the trapped peops


Gamer Please read the announcements!

Say'ri, sheathing a weapon or shield is a move action, so sheathing both takes your entire turn.

Petra's arrow sails through the gathered crowd and strikes through the center of one of the hands, pinning it to the ground inches away from the trapped girl. Red is dead

Say'ri stows her gear to help with the excavation and orders Akhentepi into action against the new threat. He dives, plucking a hand off the ground and ripping it to pieces. Just like catching a mouse. Yellow is dead.

Mirri vaults into the fray, and as she lands among them a realization comes to her: these hands are from the Pillar of Second Thoughts, a grisly display of severed hands from would-be thieves in the Sunburst Market.

One of the Andoran explorers digs some of the debris off the trapped girl, but most of her body is still buried. She cries softly, her breaths pained and faint. Ibrahim crouches down and lifts a massive pile of stone and wood, freeing Nam, and the girl crawls across the ruined door frame.

Khammayid watches Ibrahim with wonder, lifts the girl, and carries her to the priestess.

Menya stares at one of the hands, smaller than the rest, and his eyes grow wide. No, it can't be! He backs away in horror.

Mad Dog offers a patronizing look towards the smith. There there, I won't let 'em hurt ya. Here, lemme give you a hand. A ha ha ha! He stumbles forward and swings his weapon in a slow arc, hitting a hand and sending it flying several hundred feet away. Green is destroyed

Two of the hands jump on Mirri's shoulders, reaching for her throat, but she dodges nimbly.

Ibrahim drops the pile of debris and a hand crawls up onto his chest.

The small hand "sprints" forward quickly and leaps onto Menya, who falls over in terror.

Next up: Party

GM:

attack, PA: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 - 1 = 17

Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 6 - 1 = 16

orange vs Mirri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

orange grab: 1d20 ⇒ 1

purple vs Mirri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

purple grab: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Teal vs Ibrahim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Teal grab: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Blue vs Menya: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Blue grab: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Round: 7


Female Dwarf Inquisitor 4 HP 27/27 (0 NL) | AC 19 - T 13, FF 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (various modifiers apply) | CMD 16 | Perc. +10 | Init. +6 | L1 spells 4/4 | L2 spells 2/2 - Wand of CLW: 18 chrgs - 0 hero points

Saying nothing but nodding slightly at the freed child, Petra sidesteps a dozen or so feet, eyes darting between the hand swarming Mirri, the hand on Ibrahim, and the hand on the fallen man.

(I'd like to attack the one on Menya, but if it would have a ranged penalty for Menya's prone, I'll go for the one on Ibrahim)

Bless, PBS, vs blue preferentially, or teal: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 24
Damage, PBS, undead: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"Hands that crawl," she says shortly after watching her arrow hit its mark. "They will try to grab you by the throat to silence you."


F Halfling Rogue (Unchained, Burgler)
stats:
Hp: 28/29, AC:21 (FF15, T17), Saves=F+4, R+11, W+4, Initiative+7, Perception+10 (+2 vs Traps, +2 when in Concealment), DD+14

Mirri's complexion paled slightly, more so at the origin of the hands rather than the assault itself. She recalled the time her and her brother very nearly lost their hands after being caught burgling a house. Only Say'ri and Ben-Ali's intervention on her behalf, and her brother ratting out an accomplice, saved them from their hands joining the rest.

With a shudder, the Halfling tucked into a somersault roll to extract herself with the hands. She then lashed at one with her knife.

Acrobatics to move out of the hands' square, then standard action attack. I'm having a hard time moving Mirri's figure, I seem to always grab a hand or other parts of the map. But she'll move one square to the SW.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Damage, if hits 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Scarab Sages

Akhentepi:
HP 6/18 | AC16, F15, T13 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | CMD 14/17 | Perc +14 | +7/+7, d8+2
Say'ri:
Eldritch Guardian 4 HP 26/36 | AC18 (16: - shield), T12, FF16 (14 -Shield) | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 | CMD 19 | Perc +9 | Init +4

Say'ri continues heaving rubble, unable to move as much as Ibrahim, but still making a dent in the rubble. She whistles sharply, a falling note like a hawks cry and Akhentepi wheels around before swooping down onto the hand attacking Menya.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 +2 for flanking?
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human (Garundi) Magus (Eldritch Scion) 4
stats:
HP: (27/27) AC 18 (FF 15, Touch 14) CMD 18, FS +6, RS +5, WS +5, Initiative: +3, Perception: +3/+1 (sight-based)

Ibrahim shakes the hand from his chest and steps back, drawing his blade and slashing at his would-be strangler.

Scimitar PA, Bless: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 25

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Gamer Please read the announcements!

Mirri, it doesn't really matter here because they have the same stats, but in the future just let me know which one you're attacking. Thanks!

Mirri hops onto the residual debris and slashes a few fingers off one of the hands. Orange down 6 HP

Petra's arrow lodges into the hand and Menya screams bloody murder, but then he opens his eyes and sees that the arrow stopped short of his flesh. The hand crawls inexorably towards his throat, still, until Akhentepi tears it away violently. Blue destroyed

Ibrahim draws his blade and cuts one down as it leaps toward him, as the Andoran and Say'ri free the noble woman. She runs to the Nethysian priestess' side, pleading. Help her, please! I have money! The priestess intones a prayer, and the girl sucks in a large breath of air through her now-repaired lungs.

Thank you, you saved my Nam! She yells to Ibrahim and Say'ri, tears of joy streaming down her face.

The remaining hands "jump" towards Mirri, but she is too nimble. Mad Dog approaches Mirri awkwardly and looks at his club. I don't wanna brain, ya...

Mirri gets an AoO against one of the hands, then...

Party is up!

GM:

Orange vs Mirri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Orange grab: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Purple vs Mirri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Purple grab: 1d20 ⇒ 1

6 on Orange
Round 8


Female Dwarf Inquisitor 4 HP 27/27 (0 NL) | AC 19 - T 13, FF 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (various modifiers apply) | CMD 16 | Perc. +10 | Init. +6 | L1 spells 4/4 | L2 spells 2/2 - Wand of CLW: 18 chrgs - 0 hero points

Petra nods approvingly at the General's swift work dispatching the hand, and strides past to block more things coming through the doorway. At Menya she says, "Get over with the others, where it is safer."

Another arrow nocked, and loosed, at the things that plague Mirri. "Hold still for this shot, Mirri! I do not wish to hit your hand!"

Vs Orange, PBS, Bless, cover: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 22
Damage, PBS, undead: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Petra's dice have been hot this fight! Not that I'm complaining. GM, what action or check or anything would it be to know more about the collapse that buried the grandmother-and-child? I mean, presumably when we came into the Canny Jackal the front of it didn't look like the sort of safety hazard on the verge of collapse that would have made us go "wow, don't want to walk under that." So... it's making Petra wonder if there were sabotage, or a triggered trap, or something, above the doorway. If there's any roll she could make to assess that lemme know.


Gamer Please read the announcements!

Knowledge (Engineering)


Female Dwarf Inquisitor 4 HP 27/27 (0 NL) | AC 19 - T 13, FF 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (various modifiers apply) | CMD 16 | Perc. +10 | Init. +6 | L1 spells 4/4 | L2 spells 2/2 - Wand of CLW: 18 chrgs - 0 hero points

Alas, no points in that here, tricky with Int 8. ;) Dwarven stonecunning...? (I tease)

Scarab Sages

Akhentepi:
HP 6/18 | AC16, F15, T13 | F+4, R+5, W+2 | CMD 14/17 | Perc +14 | +7/+7, d8+2
Say'ri:
Eldritch Guardian 4 HP 26/36 | AC18 (16: - shield), T12, FF16 (14 -Shield) | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 | CMD 19 | Perc +9 | Init +4

Say'ri pulls back into the doorway, freeing her weapons again as she does so. "Mirri, pull back. We've got them all!" She yells towards the halfling, ready to cover her retreat.

Akhetepi alights on one of the window ledges high in the room, watching the doorway.

Say'ri pulls out her khopesh and shield, Akhentepi holds.


Gamer Please read the announcements!

Petra:
You're stonecunning Yeah! tells you that the press of zombies weakened the scaffolding at the entrance of the building, likely causing the collapse. It doesn't appear to be sabotage.

Petra blasts one of the hands off of Mirri, leaving only one remaining.

Still up: Mirri and Ibrahim


Male Human (Garundi) Magus (Eldritch Scion) 4
stats:
HP: (27/27) AC 18 (FF 15, Touch 14) CMD 18, FS +6, RS +5, WS +5, Initiative: +3, Perception: +3/+1 (sight-based)

Ibrahim moves up to assist Mirri

Ready action to attack the hand when Mirri steps out of its square:

Scimitar, Bless, PA, Flanking: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 - 1 + 2 = 20

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,613 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mbauers' Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.