Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Mazra’s Rise of the Runelords Campaign

Game Master Mazra

View of Fort Rannick
Fort Rannick Upper Level
Fort Rannick Second Level
Party Treasure.
XPs Tally Link with Treasure Found
Map Archive Folder


1 to 50 of 6,324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

It will not be long before you find yourself in a large but crowded open area. A massive shiny new stone Cathedral stands on its eastern side. It would singularly be the most impressive structure in the town, except for a towering edifice that dominates the skyline. You quickly find out from the locals that this massive mostly ruined structure is called “the Old Light.”

In the morning hours, an attractive middle age woman with short cropped hair, standing on a long raised platform begins to speak. Several of you had the pleasure to meet her as she worked the crowd.

"Welcome," she repeats several times before the crowd settles down. "Welcome to the annual Swallowtail Festival. I am Kendra Deverin. I am the Mayor of this humble little town," her friendly attitude and excitement proves contagious as she welcomes visitors and locals alike. She then offers a jokes about how even Larz Rovanky, managed to tear himself away from the tannery to attend. Many in the crowd laughed. Others looked bewildered. Mayor Deverin continued, “Before we begin the fun, food and games, several of our town’s most esteemed citizens would like to say a few word.”


A fit muscular Shoanti man begins to speak, “I am Sheriff Hemlock. I want everyone to be on their best behavior.” He continues on about how the guards are there to assist; and like the Sergeant at the town entrance, reminds those in attendance that there is plenty of room in the town jail. He reminds everyone to be safe around the evening’s bonfire, and finally he requests for a moment of silence to remember those who lost their lives in the fire that claimed the town’s previous church several years ago. This brought the crowds jubilant excitement to a dour mood.


Mayor Deverin speaks again, "Lonjiku Kaijitsu, was suppose to be next, but a sudden illness has prevented him from attending the ceremony. But please welcome our own resident troubadour Cyrdak Drokkus," the Mayors beams with her sweet infectious smile.


A middle-aged man in an outlandishly garish costume begins to bring the crowd’s mood back up with his rousing anecdotes. He delivers a not-completely-irreverent recap of the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He throws in a bit of self-promotion at the end, Cyrdak finishes, Please everyone! Stop by the Sandpoint Theater tomorrow evening and check out my new production of The Harpy’s Curse. The lead role of Avisera the harpy queen will be played by none other than the famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda! So come one come all for the time of your life.


Male
Abacuzar:
War Horse (Charger) (HP61/61),(AC25, T11, FF23), Save(F+8, R+7, W+3), (CMB 10, CMD 23), Init 2, Perc 5. Scent and Low Light Vision
Dwarf
daily use:
Challenge 2/2, Tactition 2/2
Cavalier 7
Main Info:
(HP55/55), (AC21/20, T11, FF20/19(With/Without Shield)) +4 vs Giant Subtype, Saves (F+8,R+5, W+4)(+4 vs Spell, SLA, and +2 vs Poison),(CMB 11, CMD 23), (Init 2, Perc+11-+2 vs stonework)

After the speeches, Brandark heads back to the inn. "Barkeep, an ale, and a good supper and a room please"

What will be the rate for a room, and a good meal. I know that stabling will be 3 cp/ day.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 17th Level

Finally, Mayor Deverin introduces Father Zantus, a handsome middle aged man with a well groomed beard and kind eyes steps up to give a short speech thanking everyone for coming before declaring the Swallowtail Festival underway.

At noon during the festivities, Father Zantus and his acolytes wheel a large covered wagon into the square, and after recounting the short parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child whom she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid, they pull aside the wagon’s cover, releasing the thousand children of Desna—a furious storm of swallowtail butterflies swarm into the air in a spiraling riot of color to a great cheer from the crowd. Throughout the rest of the day, children futilely chase butterflies, never quite quick enough to catch them.

Free samples of food from three local taverns, the Rusty Dragon, the White Deer and the Hagfish are set up at booths around the open area.

Also, several individuals are conducting games around the periphery of the Cathedral and open area.

Please feel free to participate in any of the games below, and/or visit the tavern booths. This is a good time to meet others, PCs and NPCs alike.

A Halfling Male is organizing a Sack Race.

Dexterity check to participate. NOTE: Please indicate which game you are participating in.

Sack Race:
A Dexterity Check of 17 to 19 will win a leg of the Sack Rack. The highest Check over 20 will be the grand Sack Race Champion.

An older Human Male surrounded by children with ill-fitting clothes is organizing a game of Hide and Seek.

Stealth versus the older Human’s Perception check.

Hide and Seek:
The highest Stealth Check over 18 will be the last contestant Found. If no Checks are over 18, then the older Human claims victory over the Hide and Seekers.

A large Half-Orc is challenging others to lift large well-worn dressed stones over their heads. He belittles one passerby by referring to him as a weakling Human not worthy to even touch these pieces from the Old Light.

Strength check.

Weight Lifting:
A Strength Check over 18 will out lift the Half-Orc.

A human female instructor is working with some teen age young people to balance themselves on a long elevated wooden beam.

Acrobatics check.

Balance Beam:

Check of 12 or less you fall off the beam to the collective snickers of the teens.

13 – 15 you manage to wobble across the beam.

16 - 18 you manage to walk the beam without a wobble. Several of the teens give you an approving nod.

19 - 20 Not only do you manage to walk the beam with a wobble, you manage a pirouette at the end. All of the teens gives you an approving nod.

21 - 22 you glide across the beam, with a pirouette in the middle and a backwards flip off the end. You wobble on your landing, but even the instructor gives you words of encouragement.

23 or higher you not only gracefully glide across the beam with multiple pirouettes along the way, you do a high arcing back flip off the beam. You stick the landing to the ovation of everyone including a few passerby's.


Brandark Plainswalker wrote:

After the speeches, Brandark heads back to the inn. "Barkeep, an ale, and a good supper and a room please"

What will be the rate for a room, and a good meal. I know that stabling will be 3 cp/ day.

The Mayor herself sees you leaving the square, and stops you to say, "Please enjoy the games and the local booths. I am sure there is good drink to be found right here."

All the innkeepers with their staff are at the festival. The inns will reopen tonight for guest.


Male
Abacuzar:
War Horse (Charger) (HP61/61),(AC25, T11, FF23), Save(F+8, R+7, W+3), (CMB 10, CMD 23), Init 2, Perc 5. Scent and Low Light Vision
Dwarf
daily use:
Challenge 2/2, Tactition 2/2
Cavalier 7
Main Info:
(HP55/55), (AC21/20, T11, FF20/19(With/Without Shield)) +4 vs Giant Subtype, Saves (F+8,R+5, W+4)(+4 vs Spell, SLA, and +2 vs Poison),(CMB 11, CMD 23), (Init 2, Perc+11-+2 vs stonework)

"I thank you for the consideration, and I will return, however, I must check on a place to stay for the evening, and provide grain for my horse Abacuzar"

when I return, I will attempt the weight lifting

strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

After attempting the weightlifting, Brandark wanders around the grounds.


Mayor Deverin offers a broad smile, "In that case, may I suggest either the booth to the Northeast manned by a Shoanti man. His name is GARRIDAN VISKALAI. He is the proprietor of the White Dear. Or the booth to the Southwest that is manned by AMEIKO KAIJITSU, the owner of the Rusty Dragon. Either of them I am sure can rent you a room if available. Again good sir, enjoy your stay."


INACTIVE - Re-Usable

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Kelvin walks up to the human female instructor. "I can show you how this is done" he says to her. Without removing any gear, he jumps onto the beam, and gracefully waltzes across it, jumping high into the air with a flip, and sticking the landing. At the applause of the children, he grins, "and that how one dances across a beam." He bows to the instructor and moves on into the crowd.

Flushed with excitement of doing such a fine job on the beam, he starts wondering around the crowd, then reality sets in and he thinks to himself, that was a fool thing. If those Ulfen men are anywhere near here, they might hear about the acrobatic elf and come looking. He then attempts to blend into the crowd and look around to see if anyone is paying close attention to him.


Male
Abacuzar:
War Horse (Charger) (HP61/61),(AC25, T11, FF23), Save(F+8, R+7, W+3), (CMB 10, CMD 23), Init 2, Perc 5. Scent and Low Light Vision
Dwarf
daily use:
Challenge 2/2, Tactition 2/2
Cavalier 7
Main Info:
(HP55/55), (AC21/20, T11, FF20/19(With/Without Shield)) +4 vs Giant Subtype, Saves (F+8,R+5, W+4)(+4 vs Spell, SLA, and +2 vs Poison),(CMB 11, CMD 23), (Init 2, Perc+11-+2 vs stonework)

"Miss, I thank you for the information."Brandark walks over to Ameiko. "Ameiko, I understand that you have rooms to let, what is the rate for a couple of days?"

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

gave myself a dc of 10 to spot the elf flipping around the beam

"Good day sir. I see you probably won the balance."

just the typical brusk dwarf

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 17th Level

As Kelvin bows and heads toward the crowd, the extremely lean and fit human female instructor says, "Please good sir, that was most impressive. Someone of your self-control and perfection must be favored of Irori. I am SABYL SORN, and am at your service. You would be welcome to meditate any time at the House of Blue Stones."

Kelvin need not make any rolls to seek the aid of SABYL SORM in the future. Please note that in your profile. It may come up at some point in the campaign. Plus I suffer from a serious CRS disorder sometimes.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 17th Level

Ameiko Kajitsu looks at the Dwarf, "We are all but full with the Festival." She turns around and quietly chats with an older Halfling Woman and returns, "We have one bed left in one of the common rooms. It is one Silver for the night, preferably not one of Cheliaxian mint. You know they put tin in their silver. By the way try this! Ameiko shoves a wooden bowl at Brandark and hands him a pair of sticks. The contents of the bowl is mainly noodles with pieces of vegetables and meat mixed in.


Male
Abacuzar:
War Horse (Charger) (HP61/61),(AC25, T11, FF23), Save(F+8, R+7, W+3), (CMB 10, CMD 23), Init 2, Perc 5. Scent and Low Light Vision
Dwarf
daily use:
Challenge 2/2, Tactition 2/2
Cavalier 7
Main Info:
(HP55/55), (AC21/20, T11, FF20/19(With/Without Shield)) +4 vs Giant Subtype, Saves (F+8,R+5, W+4)(+4 vs Spell, SLA, and +2 vs Poison),(CMB 11, CMD 23), (Init 2, Perc+11-+2 vs stonework)

"If ye have lockable space for gear, then I will take you up on that offer"Taking the bowl of food and taking a bite "Tis good"

"For room and a lockable area, I will offer 1 silver and 3 coppers per night"

The lockable area is for my lance, barding, saddle, and other equipment that I don't intend to carry around the festival. I left myself money in character creation just for this reason. :)


Female Human (Varisian) Cleric of Shelyn 2 (HP: 14/14; AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15; Saves F: +4, R: +1, W: +7; CMD: 15; Percep: +6)

Lyr walks from booth to booth watching the festivities. She smiles at each sight of a butterfly passing through the town and the children chasing them. She makes her way, smiling at the half-orc throwing out insults and challenges. Oh, I'll give it a try. She reaches for the weights, and begins contesting with the half-orc.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


female
CP:
Nothing atm
Elf Wizard (Diviner) 5, Cyphermage 2
Stats:
hp39/39 AC 13|T 12 |FF 11, F +3|R +4|W +5, Init +4, Per +14

Seeing the beam Elektra ponders for a moment if she should try the beam, trusting her elven reflexes, but after seeing Kevin dance across the beam she quickly lets that idea fall. After he bows gracefully she moves up to him and applauds in the elven manner.

elvish:

You danced across the beam as if the lady butterfly lay open a piece of moonlight and gave you her wings to praise her in motion! I am Elesskenefiatra, but for the human tongues just Elektra. With whom do I have to honor to speak?"

A little birdlike reptile appears behind her legs and looks at Kevin with big intelligent eyes.


Just beyond the square, and on the street to the east the half-orc has attracted a crowd. The well-worn stones have slots that allow them to fit together. A total of ten stones, five a piece sit in bright red wheelbarrows. A pair of shabbily dressed young teens attend each wheelbarrow.

A Dwarf (Brandark) lifts seven stones over his head, but does not match the eight stones of the Half-Orc. "Not bad for a little person," the half-orc nods.

A Human Female gives the well-worn stones a try. She lifts six, then seven, then eight and with almost all her effort nine stones. The half-orc struggles and fails to lift the nine stones.

"Gorvi impressed! You are stronger than the puny males in this town. Me like you," the overly fat, heavily tattooed half-orc gives Lyr a big toothy grin. Large blobs of drool drips off his tusk. "Maybe you come to my shack later and we have some fun," Gorvi gives Lyr a pat on the behind.

One of the teens standing near, seeing an apparent shock on Lyr's face says, "Just ignore him. He harasses all the women in this town."

The half-orc grunts back toward the teen, then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a well polished round stone, its a many layered agate. He hands the agate to Lyr. "You first to beat Gorvi this day. Take this," the half-orc manages a smile that is comical. You realize that though brutish, this half-orc is mostly harmless.


Female Human (Varisian) Cleric of Shelyn 2 (HP: 14/14; AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15; Saves F: +4, R: +1, W: +7; CMD: 15; Percep: +6)

Lyr flushes a bright red. Well thank you, she says as she takes the beautiful stone from Grovi. She grabs her things and moves to see what else the festival holds.

Lyr makes her way to the new cathedral, fingering the stone in her pocket. She stops in front of one of the men standing out front. Can we go inside? I would love to see what this amazing construction holds. She stares at the building as, marveling at its features as she waits for a response.


Male Human Shoanti
Roll adjustments:
PA -2/+4 hit/dmg, Furious Focus +2atk, Reckless Abandon +2 hit/-2 AC, Rage
Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7 (HP: 52/77 AC:18, 14, 15 Saves: F: +12, R:+10 W:+9 CMB:+8, CMD: 24/21 Init: +5 Perc: +12) rage 1/18 round rage up:91/91 hp

Garrath walks through the festival having to dodge a bit so that the weapons that seem to cover almost all the available space on his broad frame don't accidentally snag in a booth, or trip a patron. He wanders a bit wide eyed at all that's going on, smiling and partaking of the food and drink with great enthusiasm. He doesn't seem to be interested much in the games until he sees the hide and seek game that's beset by children. He wanders over to the game, but rather than hiding himself, he finds one of the children who seems a bit outmatched and giving them a wink, helps them hide to try and let them win the contest.

stealth to assist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male
Abacuzar:
War Horse (Charger) (HP61/61),(AC25, T11, FF23), Save(F+8, R+7, W+3), (CMB 10, CMD 23), Init 2, Perc 5. Scent and Low Light Vision
Dwarf
daily use:
Challenge 2/2, Tactition 2/2
Cavalier 7
Main Info:
(HP55/55), (AC21/20, T11, FF20/19(With/Without Shield)) +4 vs Giant Subtype, Saves (F+8,R+5, W+4)(+4 vs Spell, SLA, and +2 vs Poison),(CMB 11, CMD 23), (Init 2, Perc+11-+2 vs stonework)

Brandark, after loosing to the half orc, and wandering around, wanders back to Gorvi in time to see him lose to Lyr. "Mind if I give it a another go?"

Looks towards Lyr, "Congratulations Miss"


INACTIVE - Re-Usable
Brandark Plainswalker wrote:
"Good day sir. I see you probably won the balance."

Startled by the comment to him, Kelvin automatically reaches for his rapier, but he notices that it is not an Ulfen man, so he does not actually grab the rapier, and relaxes somewhat, for him that is.

Thinking quickly to himself, 'relax, you are far from Riddleport. They could not be here yet.'

"Thank you for the compliment, Master Dwarf. I have always been quick on my feet." he replies. "Are you here for the festival, or is there some other reason that you are in town?"

Elektra Stardancer wrote:
After he bows gracefully she moves up to him and applauds in the elven manner. ** spoiler **

Hearing his native language, the elf does not jump, but he looks at Elektra, while he is still standing there with the dwarf, and replies "Saúdos, Elesskenefiatra. Estou Kelvin Fleetwood. Si, sei un nome curto, con todo, que é o que os meus pais me agraciado con. Falemos na lingua común, polo tanto, o Anano Mestre aquí, pode entender"

Elvish:
"Greetings, Elesskenefiatra. I am Kelvin Fleetwood. Yes, I know a short name, however that is what my parents graced me with. Let us speak in the common tongue, so the Master Dwarf here, can understand us"
Then in the common tongue and addressing both Elektra and Brandark, "I am Kelvin, and who might you be Master Dwarf?"

From Google Translate, I used Galician for Elvish.
Couple of questions for the DM & Group;
1) "BOLD" for speaking ?
2) 'Italics' for thoughts ?
3) Do you want just a spoiler for non common language, or do you want the "language" and a spoiler?
Either way is fine with me, just kinda want to get us all in sync. My kids and grandkids all say that I am OCD.
@DM - Noted, and I suffer from the same thing also!!!


female
CP:
Nothing atm
Elf Wizard (Diviner) 5, Cyphermage 2
Stats:
hp39/39 AC 13|T 12 |FF 11, F +3|R +4|W +5, Init +4, Per +14

yep b for direct speech and i for thoughts. I would skip using other languages , only if you want to tell someone something secretly


Male
Abacuzar:
War Horse (Charger) (HP61/61),(AC25, T11, FF23), Save(F+8, R+7, W+3), (CMB 10, CMD 23), Init 2, Perc 5. Scent and Low Light Vision
Dwarf
daily use:
Challenge 2/2, Tactition 2/2
Cavalier 7
Main Info:
(HP55/55), (AC21/20, T11, FF20/19(With/Without Shield)) +4 vs Giant Subtype, Saves (F+8,R+5, W+4)(+4 vs Spell, SLA, and +2 vs Poison),(CMB 11, CMD 23), (Init 2, Perc+11-+2 vs stonework)
Kelvin Fleetwood wrote:


"Thank you for the compliment, Master Dwarf. I have always been quick on my feet." he replies. "Are you here for the festival, or is there some other reason that you are in town?"

"Aye, I have arrived to observe the festival, and to see if I can get a contract for some of my family wares"

Kelvin Fleetwood wrote:


Then in the common tounge and addressing both Elektra and Brandark, "I am Kelvin, and who might you be Master Dwarf?"

"My name is Brandark."

You see a 4'2" Bright red haired, and bearded dwarf, which has a scar running from the corner of his left eye and running into the hairline. The lower part of the left ear is missing.

At least he is plesant enough


female
CP:
Nothing atm
Elf Wizard (Diviner) 5, Cyphermage 2
Stats:
hp39/39 AC 13|T 12 |FF 11, F +3|R +4|W +5, Init +4, Per +14

"Well met master dwarf. I am surprised how beautiful this city is. One can see they have made great effort. I am curious about the new church, wich influences they have used."
You can see a elven girl, with honey coloured hair. You have the feeling she could be quite handsome, but she seems utterly unconcerned about her beuty. Everything is practical and her speech tells you that she is dedicted to learning as every word is quite precise, but a bit emotionless. She then kneels and gives a little lizard a treat.


Male
Abacuzar:
War Horse (Charger) (HP61/61),(AC25, T11, FF23), Save(F+8, R+7, W+3), (CMB 10, CMD 23), Init 2, Perc 5. Scent and Low Light Vision
Dwarf
daily use:
Challenge 2/2, Tactition 2/2
Cavalier 7
Main Info:
(HP55/55), (AC21/20, T11, FF20/19(With/Without Shield)) +4 vs Giant Subtype, Saves (F+8,R+5, W+4)(+4 vs Spell, SLA, and +2 vs Poison),(CMB 11, CMD 23), (Init 2, Perc+11-+2 vs stonework)

Brandark looks over at Elektra
"It is pretty enough, as human towns go, but is nothing compared to the sky cities."
yes, a bit predjudical about the dwarven cities.
"And you are?"

"As for the church, the only way to find out, will be to ask at the church."


female
CP:
Nothing atm
Elf Wizard (Diviner) 5, Cyphermage 2
Stats:
hp39/39 AC 13|T 12 |FF 11, F +3|R +4|W +5, Init +4, Per +14

A bit unsure Elektra introduces herself. "You can call me Elektra. I apologize deeply for being unable to speak the dwarven tongue, but my lecturers had some unfriendly words for members of your race. Wich I do not share of course. Well that was akward. I apologize. I mean, well yes. And I think we have a speech soon, and I think the church won´t run away. Of course churches never run, they are buildings. I mean we will have a chance to visit it later!" By now the elven girl has deep red ears of shame.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 4th - Stats: Init: +1 | Percep. +3| AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 40/40 | F+5; R+2; W+7 | SP 40 | CE 5/5 |+1Rapier +6 (1d6+6), 18-20x2); Sling +4 (1d4+3)
"Lyr" wrote:


Lyr makes her way to the new cathedral, fingering the stone in her pocket. She stops in front of one of the men standing out front. Can we go inside? I would love to see what this amazing construction holds. She stares at the building as, marveling at its features as she waits for a response.

As Lyr approaches the Sandpoint Cathedral, a young man, if you can call him that, of about 15 or 16, even he doesn’t actually know, greets the Human Female. He was one of Father Zantus’ helpers that had wheeled out the wagon full of Swallowtail butterflies. ”It would be my pleasure to show you around the Cathedral. I helped build it, “ he says with a pleased smile. ”I am Mazra of Sandpoint,” the young man continues. ”The Cathedral was built for followers of either Abadar, Desna, Erastil, Gozreh, Sarenrae, or Shelyn. By your raiment, you appear to follow Shelyn. I follow Cayden Cailean, but Father Zantus lets me stay here anyway. He says I am misguided, but in a good way,” Mazra smirks.

The young man will go on and explain about the core of the new cathedral; which is an open-air courtyard surrounding a set of seven standing stones, which themselves surround a circular stone altar. These stones served the Varisians for centuries as a place of worship; although they generally venerated Desna and various Empyreal Lords at these stones. No one really knows how old these stones haves been here,” Mazra explains. ” To the south, facing Sandpoint’s heart, are the shrines of civilization: Erastil and Abadar. To the west, offering a view of the Old Light and the sea beyond, are the shrines of Shelyn and Gozreh. And to the east, offering a view of the Sandpoint Boneyard and the rising sun, are the shrines of Sarenrae and Desna. Let me take you to the shrine devoted to Shelyn. “. Like most of the Cathedral, this area is very new. There is hardly a dust particle in Shelyn’s shrine.


Male
Abacuzar:
War Horse (Charger) (HP61/61),(AC25, T11, FF23), Save(F+8, R+7, W+3), (CMB 10, CMD 23), Init 2, Perc 5. Scent and Low Light Vision
Dwarf
daily use:
Challenge 2/2, Tactition 2/2
Cavalier 7
Main Info:
(HP55/55), (AC21/20, T11, FF20/19(With/Without Shield)) +4 vs Giant Subtype, Saves (F+8,R+5, W+4)(+4 vs Spell, SLA, and +2 vs Poison),(CMB 11, CMD 23), (Init 2, Perc+11-+2 vs stonework)

Brandark looks at Elektra "I didn't mean to embarrass you lass. Your instructors might have had bad words about my race, just the same as mine did about the elven race. I don't hold that against anyone."

Brandark then starts to grin
"As for the church, I agree, I have yet to see the stonework building that could run." "And I have no doubt they would be proud to show us their work on the church."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 17th Level
Garrath Tricks the Giants wrote:
He wanders over to the game, but rather than hiding himself, he finds one of the children who seems a bit outmatched and giving them a wink, helps them hide to try and let them win the contest.

An older man notices you working to help the boy. He approaches.

"You have a kind heart. Darus struggles competing with the other boys. My name is ILSOARI GANDETHUS, I run the Turandarok Academy. It is both a school for local children, and an orphanage for those less fortunate," the older man comments. "We are always looking for those good with children to help work one-on-one with the orphans and some of the town's other children too.


Brandark Plainswalker wrote:
Brandark, after loosing to the half orc, and wandering around, wanders back to Gorvi in time to see him lose to Lyr. "Mind if I give it a another go?"

"No Dwarf can lift more than Gorvi," the Half-Orc boasts. He motions to Brandark to try again.


Male
Abacuzar:
War Horse (Charger) (HP61/61),(AC25, T11, FF23), Save(F+8, R+7, W+3), (CMB 10, CMD 23), Init 2, Perc 5. Scent and Low Light Vision
Dwarf
daily use:
Challenge 2/2, Tactition 2/2
Cavalier 7
Main Info:
(HP55/55), (AC21/20, T11, FF20/19(With/Without Shield)) +4 vs Giant Subtype, Saves (F+8,R+5, W+4)(+4 vs Spell, SLA, and +2 vs Poison),(CMB 11, CMD 23), (Init 2, Perc+11-+2 vs stonework)

"We will see"
Brandark sets himself, and trys again.

strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

I see the RNG for this is after me.

The only equipment that I have on me, is my dagger, axe, sheild, and armour


Male Human Shoanti
Roll adjustments:
PA -2/+4 hit/dmg, Furious Focus +2atk, Reckless Abandon +2 hit/-2 AC, Rage
Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7 (HP: 52/77 AC:18, 14, 15 Saves: F: +12, R:+10 W:+9 CMB:+8, CMD: 24/21 Init: +5 Perc: +12) rage 1/18 round rage up:91/91 hp

Garrath looks at the man, "I am Garrath, in the tribes it is custom to help the young, for a time, until they are ready to become men." He smiles at Darus, "He is still young, and will learn, though lessons can be harsh. I would work with children, but lessons I teach will be mostly about how to survive on ones own in the wilds. Garrath clasps the man on the shoulder, "If you think the young ones will benefit from those lessons."


female
CP:
Nothing atm
Elf Wizard (Diviner) 5, Cyphermage 2
Stats:
hp39/39 AC 13|T 12 |FF 11, F +3|R +4|W +5, Init +4, Per +14

"Gorvi, tогда указывай что ты умеешь!"

Orcish for:
Gorvi, show what you can do.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 17th Level

Ilsoari will firmly clasp Garrath's other shoulder and look him in the eyes with a steady resolve, "That is exactly the kind of lessons these children need in these parts. Well met friend."


Gorvi notices the Elf Woman's comments in a tongue he has not heard in a long time. He is also not used to being cheered on particularly from one so beautiful. You see Gorvi has developed a bad reputation around town for harassing the ladies. Sheriff Hemlock has had to lock him up a couple of times for taking his flirtatious ways too far. Most of the women around town have learned to avoid him, with the exception of some at the Pixie's Kitten, who see him as a good paying customer. To Gorvi this is just the way you approach the opposite sex.

He has to think about the words for a moment.

"Симпатичная дама, приезжайте моей Шак сегодня вечером. Я хотел бы показать вам, что я могу это сделать," Gorvi's smile though oafish has an almost innocent quality.

Orcish:
Pretty lady, come to my shack tonight. I will show you what I can do.


Garrath smiles and nods once, "Then I will come show city boys how to live when they don't have food laid out for them!" He looks around the festival at the food stalls, "For now there is more to eat and drink, and I will have it all! He wraps an arm around Ilsoari's shoulders and gives a half slap on the back half headlock before moving off to another place to eat, "Well met indeed, friend Ilosari"


Female Human (Varisian) Cleric of Shelyn 2 (HP: 14/14; AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15; Saves F: +4, R: +1, W: +7; CMD: 15; Percep: +6)

Well met, Mazra. Lyr follows the boy through the Cathedral, listening with an intensity. It's amazing that you were able to keep some of the original works inside, she says, fingering one of the standing stones. Did you get to help design the Cathedral as well, or just build? She smiles broadly, I'm sure it was a wonderful experience either way.

As they enter Shelyn's shrine, she cannot help herself. She takes a quick look around, then begins to sing.

Perform (Sing): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

It's a beautiful melody about a man's long journey to see his family after years of work away from them. When it is over, she looks over at Mazra, cheeks going pink, I am sorry to burst out like that. I hope I didn't offend anyone. The beauty in this shrine . . . she shakes her head.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 4th - Stats: Init: +1 | Percep. +3| AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 40/40 | F+5; R+2; W+7 | SP 40 | CE 5/5 |+1Rapier +6 (1d6+6), 18-20x2); Sling +4 (1d4+3)

Mazra to Lyr before the shrine:

"No mi Lady, just helped to build...strong backs and all, Mazra shrugs. He is six foot, maybe a tad more, as strong as Lyr with dark complexion and very long dark brown hair, some of it braided.

After Lyr's Song:

"No offense mi Lady at all. That was a beautiful song. It warmed the heart, Mazra's eyes glistens. "May I escort you back to Festival?"


Ameiko's song

As one and all samples the fare offered by the local merchants, the Hagfish's Lobster Stew was good, the White Deer's peppercorn Venison was also good if a bit gamey; but it was the Rusty Dragon's curried Salmon and bowls of spicy chicken noodles that was the real hit of the festival.

As the sun begins to slide behind the the old light, casting a large shadow over the town, an exhausted Ameiko Kaijitsu begins to sing in Varisian, just something off the top if her head:

"Varisia, Varisia,
This is our home.
Tapestry of people,
Elf, Dwarf and Gnome

Human and all their kin
Half Orc and Halfling
Will make you grin."

Ameiko looks warmly at an older Halfling woman.

"All come to the Festival
To enjoy the sights
More like a Carnival
Where butterflies take fight

Good food to have
For one an for all
Games to be played
And nary a fall

So welcome to Sandpoint
Travelers from afar
The Rusty Dragon
Is ready with ale, beer or cigar."

I will treat Varisian as a common tongue too since the party is in Varisia. At the least, there will usually be someone nearby to translate.


female
CP:
Nothing atm
Elf Wizard (Diviner) 5, Cyphermage 2
Stats:
hp39/39 AC 13|T 12 |FF 11, F +3|R +4|W +5, Init +4, Per +14

@Govri "I feel um flattered. Um really. But, I well I am indisposed tonight. I think this young elf just invited me to a glas of wine to discuss friends and relations. Um yes!"
@Ameiko Clapping her hands in applause. "Very well. Yes indeed. That is what I call um advertising!"


Female Human (Varisian) Cleric of Shelyn 2 (HP: 14/14; AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15; Saves F: +4, R: +1, W: +7; CMD: 15; Percep: +6)

Of course. Lyr says to Mazra, Thank you for showing me this wonderful building. She takes a last glance at the shrine to Shelyn, then follows Mazra back to the festival.

Lyr wanders around the festival for some time until she begins hearing a song. It's a beautiful song in Varisian that carries across the town square. She follows the sound to its source. She ends up next to an elf with bright clothing and sits listening. Enthralled. At the end she claps loudly, appreciative of the spontaneous nature the song carried.

Elektra wrote:
"Very well. Yes indeed. That is what I call um advertising!"

Lyr looks confused for a moment. Then her face widens, realizing what the elf meant. Oh! I didn't even realize. I was so caught up. . . . That was excellent for how spontaneous it was. Don't you think?


female
CP:
Nothing atm
Elf Wizard (Diviner) 5, Cyphermage 2
Stats:
hp39/39 AC 13|T 12 |FF 11, F +3|R +4|W +5, Init +4, Per +14

"I think it was Valonias, the younger, who wrote. Beware of bards. Even impromptu performances are very hard rehearsed! But it was for sure excellent! You seem to be enthralled by a good performance. I know that feeling. Although I prefer books."


Female Human (Varisian) Cleric of Shelyn 2 (HP: 14/14; AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15; Saves F: +4, R: +1, W: +7; CMD: 15; Percep: +6)

Lyr laughs, it's a loud, joyous noise that makes several people look. Of course their rehearsed. Just a different type of rehearsal. She smiles broadly at the elf. I do indeed love a good performance. Books you say? I once tried the performance of books, I just don't have the hand for that art. She shakes her head, I prefer music. Lyr holds out her hand, Lyr. Cleric of Shelyn from Nybor.


female
CP:
Nothing atm
Elf Wizard (Diviner) 5, Cyphermage 2
Stats:
hp39/39 AC 13|T 12 |FF 11, F +3|R +4|W +5, Init +4, Per +14

Looking at the hand for a second Elektra carefully shakes it. "Well met. I am called Elektra, acolyte and Scholar of ancient times. Are you here for the festival? I have to admit, you humans have a nack for enjoying your short life. Wich is absolutly understandable. A. UM. You know what I mean." And again, Elektras ears show the colour of ripe tomatoes.


Shortly after Ameiko's song, you see Father Zantus with several acolytes, Mazra of Sandpoint included, wheel out a large cart full of kindling and logs for the bonfire. You hear him calling out to his helpers,"Bring it in out boys. It will not be long before we need to build the bonfire."


Female Human (Varisian) Cleric of Shelyn 2 (HP: 14/14; AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15; Saves F: +4, R: +1, W: +7; CMD: 15; Percep: +6)

Lyr smiles, shaking her head, Don't worry, I don't feel it's too short. And as you said, we have a nack for enjoying it. She cuts off as Father Zantus begins to prepare for the bonfire. Finallly she looks back at Elektra, Ancient times? How does someone become interested in that?


Male Human Shoanti
Roll adjustments:
PA -2/+4 hit/dmg, Furious Focus +2atk, Reckless Abandon +2 hit/-2 AC, Rage
Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7 (HP: 52/77 AC:18, 14, 15 Saves: F: +12, R:+10 W:+9 CMB:+8, CMD: 24/21 Init: +5 Perc: +12) rage 1/18 round rage up:91/91 hp

Garrath, looks over to see what new wonder is going to be set up at the festival now. He stands nearby where they're setting up the bonfire, with food clutched in one hand and a large jack of some kind of drink, which Garrath gives the impression he really doesn't care what kind, as long as it's wet in the other. He watches wide-eyed with a large grin.


female
CP:
Nothing atm
Elf Wizard (Diviner) 5, Cyphermage 2
Stats:
hp39/39 AC 13|T 12 |FF 11, F +3|R +4|W +5, Init +4, Per +14

"How can one not. First of all, the Thassilion empire was mighty in magic. And then suddenly it was gone. Why? How? We elves did miss a lot when we retreated to our refugee. And human magic and elven magic is soo diffrent. I mean of course if an elven mage casts a fireball and if a human mage casts a fireball the result is the same. Because many spells are so often copied and cemented in its way. But if you go to the essence of magic, oh I should stop. This is a lecture that will take too much time and too much concentration. And this is a moment of celebration. But we for sure can talk about it another year."


A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun’s setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman’s scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises— high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

Goblin:
Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!
Goblins race and goblins jump
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!
Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be goblins! You be food!

If you know Goblin, you know the song.


The starting position is fairly arbitrary. It is assumes you are milling around the square.

Pandemonium has struck. The crowd begins to panic and flee the town square away from the Goblins.

Consider a square with an NPC difficult terrain.

Roll for Initiative. Of course, I will do the rolls. Go ahead and take your actions. I will wait until all players have acted to post the results of the round, and start the next round.

Brandark Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Kelvin Fleetwood Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Lyr Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Elektra Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Garrath Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

You can move your own token. Remember the back button in the upper left should the map below get out of sync.

1 to 50 of 6,324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Burnt Offerings All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.