Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Mazra’s Giantslayer Campaign

Game Master Mazra

Trunau is truly a town on the frontier. The frontier between the world of Humans, Elves, Dwarfs and the like and the world of Orcs and Giants. It will take a brave and hardy group of adventurers to defend Trunau and the region from what is about to come.

River Trail
Deep Forest near Shinnerman's Fortune
Treasure
XPs and Treasure Giantslayer Campaign


4,651 to 4,700 of 4,753 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

Leira will identify the magic cloak clasp in the shape of an arrow as a Brooch of Shielding.

It has never been used. It can absorb 101 points of Magic Missile damage.


Male
daily abilities:
(Channel 1/3 DC 13 / 4d6), (Acid Darts 7/8, d6+4), (Protection Ability 8/8, +2 saves)
Dwarf Cleric 7
Basic Info:
(HP 50/50), (AC18/17, T10, FF18/17 (With/Without Shield))+4 vs Giant Subtype, CMB 7, CMD 17, (Save F9, R4, W12, +4 vs Spell/SLA, +2 vs Poison), Init 0, (Perc 11, +2 vs stone)

I think we might want to be waiting a minute before we start chasing down them Ogres.

Haskyll walks up to the group that had been hurt by the blast.

channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) = 12
channel: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) = 14

He then pulls a stick out of his kit, and starts tapping Kaos with it.
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Ok, this should be our Hurts, and now let us be on our way, Kaos, can you ensure that one is not going to be getting up?
He states as he puts the wand in his pack.


hp 44/44 | AC 19 t. 15 ff. 14 | CMD 18 | F +4 R +11 W +7 (evasion) | Pool: 2/7 L1: 3/5 L2: 3/4 ext: 3/3 | Ini +5 Senses +13 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+5,Climb+7,Diplomacy+11,DisableD+23,Disguise+7,Escape+12 ,Heal-1,Intimidate+5,K.arcana+10,K.dungeon+7,K.local+8,K.nature+7,Linguist+ 7,SenseM+4,SleightH+9,Spellcraft+8,Stealth+15,Surv+0,Swim+5,UMD+5,Conc+10
Female Human Arcane trickster 1/Arcanist 4/Rogue 2 | GS Doc | -

Leira smiles as she strokes the clasp "Thanks for that. I will take care of it" she says apparently to the clasp.

After Haskyll finishes the healing she moves forward looking for the Ogre trails "Great! Thanks Haskyll, let's hunt down those ogres!"
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Grand Lodge

Hp 84 Fi2/Sor2/Barb1/DD2 AC 16 (20/24) touch13, flat-footed16(17/21), CMB +10; CMD +23 Human
Active affects:
Mage Armor +4/Sheild +4 AC
5 resistance fire Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +4, +8 init, +6 Perception

Thanks and yes I believe I can handle that. Kaos will take a quick look and feel of the new axe and decides it maybe just a little to big for the job. So he will put it down next to his pack and pull Gorum's Thorn out again. Then with a quick swing he will remove the things head then thrust the sword though it's eye. Just in case. He will clean off his weapon and secure the huge axe to his pack and head after Leira. Wait up do you know where you are going?
survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


As the Village people head back to Shimmerman's Fortune, rejoicing and singing, yet not the song YMCA, Leira easily finds the trail. It is a sad trail riddled with blood, bits of flesh, broken bones, and organs. About two miles from the dead Cyclops, and as the sun begins to set, Leira spots smoke rising. As she moves further through the forest she comes upon a trail, and shortly after she sees the fire. A large fire blazes atop a stone outcropping. Around the fire are four Ogres. And amongst the Ogres are six humans, tied with ropes. The humans look bad with tattered clothing, dirty, bloody and bruised. Another dead human is turning crispy over the raging fire.

The Ogres appear to be arguing. They do not notice Leira or any of the well armored Dwarves that is with the Rogue Arcanist. That alone is unusual.

Kaos' Iniative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Leira's Iniative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Anga's Iniative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Ulfgards's Iniative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Haskyll's Iniative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Ragnir's Iniative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Droja's Iniative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Ogre's Iniative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Leira 24 (AC19 44/44)
Anga 22 (AC13/21MA-G 45/45)
Ragnir 20 (AC22/26G 59/59)
Ulfgard 17 (AC19 87/87)
Ogres 16 (AC? ?/?)
Kaos 12 (AC20 (82/84)
Droja 8 (AC16 75/75)
Haskyll 5 (AC16 43/43)

The party can do as they please for now, since the Ogres are not paying attention to them. What do you do? Map up!

Trees, water, stones, are all Difficult Terrain.


Female half-orc oracle 7 AC16, HP(75), F5,R3,W7; Init.+0; Perc.+10

When Droja sees the Ogres, she will think out loud, as she often is prone to do, "Hmmm! I wonder what they are arguing about? Who will get the rump...maybe."


Male
daily abilities:
(Channel 1/3 DC 13 / 4d6), (Acid Darts 7/8, d6+4), (Protection Ability 8/8, +2 saves)
Dwarf Cleric 7
Basic Info:
(HP 50/50), (AC18/17, T10, FF18/17 (With/Without Shield))+4 vs Giant Subtype, CMB 7, CMD 17, (Save F9, R4, W12, +4 vs Spell/SLA, +2 vs Poison), Init 0, (Perc 11, +2 vs stone)

Well, I guess Torag will judge them, as they are treating those humans.

But here is what I am thinking, we move up, using the woods as cover until we get to a spot where we can get them all, including the humans inside our spells.
Once we open with that, One of us, using as much stealth as possible, gets to the surviving humans and cuts them loose.
While that is happening, the rest of us, will create as much noise and distraction as possible, by making them dead Ogres.
Or does anyone else have any ideas?

Haskyll grimaces as he sees what they are cooking, and grips his spear with his new Iron hand.

I will need a few minutes to prepare a remaining spell or two as well.

Grand Lodge

Hp 84 Fi2/Sor2/Barb1/DD2 AC 16 (20/24) touch13, flat-footed16(17/21), CMB +10; CMD +23 Human
Active affects:
Mage Armor +4/Sheild +4 AC
5 resistance fire Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +4, +8 init, +6 Perception

We need to act fast. How about we get to the tree line there Anga you put a hast on us and us close up fighters try to move in unnoticed. Then we can attack maybe even draw them away from the villagers so our fire chucker here can put some hurt on them. Or we can move into an ambush and see if we can lure them in with a summoned creature or I can even change to look like something they want.
Option 1 try to move in and attack
Option 2 lure and ambush
Option 3 ???


Male Dwarf
Spoiler:
HP 87/87 Ini+1 Sp30" Ac 19 T11 FF10 F10 R5 W 4 (+3MSSL/+4(2)Rage) Per+11
Ranger (Divine Tracker) 7

Ulfgard shrugs."Do we have the time?"
Pointing to the poor chaps the dwarf shrugs.


hp 44/44 | AC 19 t. 15 ff. 14 | CMD 18 | F +4 R +11 W +7 (evasion) | Pool: 2/7 L1: 3/5 L2: 3/4 ext: 3/3 | Ini +5 Senses +13 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+5,Climb+7,Diplomacy+11,DisableD+23,Disguise+7,Escape+12 ,Heal-1,Intimidate+5,K.arcana+10,K.dungeon+7,K.local+8,K.nature+7,Linguist+ 7,SenseM+4,SleightH+9,Spellcraft+8,Stealth+15,Surv+0,Swim+5,UMD+5,Conc+10
Female Human Arcane trickster 1/Arcanist 4/Rogue 2 | GS Doc | -

Leira nods to both Haskyll and Kaos "I like your plan Haskyll. Let me be your scout"

The girl casts message before moving into the trees, in the closest place to the villagers. Once she is close to the campsite, she also help herself with a vanish to make sure the Ogres do not see her at all.
Stealth: 1d20 + 15 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 20 = 36 Ouch!

The young trickster uses again dimensional slide to avoid the water trial.

She does listen the conversation for some seconds in order to make sure what is going on about with them. Leira knows Giant, Common, Varisian, Orc, Draconic and Dwarven
Perception (+1 vs traps): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Kaos, remember you can use the locket to borrow Leira's stealth!


A plan is conceived and Leira works to execute. Even though Leira has been more stealthy, the Ogres did not notice the Rogue Arcanist's approach.

Leira:
Leira overhears a portion of the argument. Three of the Ogres want to roast another one of the humans, "There will still be three left," one says. Another says, "No, there will be four." The fourth Ogre wants to use the remaining live humans, no matter whose count is correct, as a bargaining chip with someone named Gristlecrack.


Male
daily abilities:
(Channel 1/3 DC 13 / 4d6), (Acid Darts 7/8, d6+4), (Protection Ability 8/8, +2 saves)
Dwarf Cleric 7
Basic Info:
(HP 50/50), (AC18/17, T10, FF18/17 (With/Without Shield))+4 vs Giant Subtype, CMB 7, CMD 17, (Save F9, R4, W12, +4 vs Spell/SLA, +2 vs Poison), Init 0, (Perc 11, +2 vs stone)

Haskyll resquests about 15 minutes before we start, so that he can prepare a last few spells. Once ready, Haskyll moves to his position on the map.

As He will cast Prayer to start the dance off.

I moved up to where I could get all the humans in the group, and the Ogres, in my first spell, I am waiting on the rest of the group to get set up before I start.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hp 84 Fi2/Sor2/Barb1/DD2 AC 16 (20/24) touch13, flat-footed16(17/21), CMB +10; CMD +23 Human
Active affects:
Mage Armor +4/Sheild +4 AC
5 resistance fire Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +4, +8 init, +6 Perception

Kaos will get to the tree line next to Haskyll and cast Shield.Spell failure: 1d100 ⇒ 39 Wait here let me see if I can get them to come to us. When Leira gets to her round 2 spot Kaos will change into an average looking drunk villager. Then stumbles out into the cleaning making as much noise as he can. If that doesn't do it he will call out to the Ogres Hay you get away from my friends. Hic up.


Before Kaos' ploy, Droja would have moved up next to Haskyll.

The Ogres stop arguing and turn to Kaos.

"Baug, did you drop one of the humans?" One of the ogres says to another.

"I didn't drop any human," the one clearly named Baug responds.

Round One

Leira 24 (AC19 44/44)
Anga 22 (AC13/21MA-G 45/45)
Ragnir 20 (AC22/26G 59/59)
Ulfgard 17 (AC19 87/87)
Ogres 16 (AC? ?/?)
Kaos 12 (AC20 (82/84)
Droja 8 (AC16 75/75)
Haskyll 5 (AC16 43/43)

@Anga, Ragnir, and Ulfgard, you may set up closer to Kaos and Haskyll's position to start. Everyone is up, please go ahead your actions. I will wait to take the Ogres actions after Leira, Anga, Ragnir, and Uflgard take their Round One actions.


hp 44/44 | AC 19 t. 15 ff. 14 | CMD 18 | F +4 R +11 W +7 (evasion) | Pool: 2/7 L1: 3/5 L2: 3/4 ext: 3/3 | Ini +5 Senses +13 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+5,Climb+7,Diplomacy+11,DisableD+23,Disguise+7,Escape+12 ,Heal-1,Intimidate+5,K.arcana+10,K.dungeon+7,K.local+8,K.nature+7,Linguist+ 7,SenseM+4,SleightH+9,Spellcraft+8,Stealth+15,Surv+0,Swim+5,UMD+5,Conc+10
Female Human Arcane trickster 1/Arcanist 4/Rogue 2 | GS Doc | -

How are the prisoners binded? Ropes? Could they walk without cutting the ropes or their legs are also bind?
I will wait to see what others do on their initial two rounds, but Leira will probably move to her round 3 position.


Wizard 7 (evoker) HP 45/45 // AC 21 T 13 FF 18 (+4 vs giants) // init +2 // Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +6 (+2 vs spells, spellike effects) // perception +7 spellcraft +13
current active :
Force missiles per day 5/7

Before combat
Anga pulls out a scroll on sighting the orges and casts shield
we have ta be a bit careful here
Then she watches open mouthed as kaos walks over to the orges, doing his act.
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
She will hold her action (casting magic missile) until Kaos's plan has a chance to work.
magic missile: 4d4 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 1) + 7 = 18


Leira wrote:

How are the prisoners binded? Ropes? Could they walk without cutting the ropes or their legs are also bind?

I will wait to see what others do on their initial two rounds, but Leira will probably move to her round 3 position.

Leira will notice that the villagers are bound by ropes around the wrist. The same rope provides the Ogres a lead. Each Ogre had one or two villagers as its charge.

Also, Round One will start after Kaos' action. Leira would essentially be in her Round Four.


Male Dwarf
Spoiler:
HP 87/87 Ini+1 Sp30" Ac 19 T11 FF10 F10 R5 W 4 (+3MSSL/+4(2)Rage) Per+11
Ranger (Divine Tracker) 7

Ulfgard will cast Longstrider and move closer.


hp 44/44 | AC 19 t. 15 ff. 14 | CMD 18 | F +4 R +11 W +7 (evasion) | Pool: 2/7 L1: 3/5 L2: 3/4 ext: 3/3 | Ini +5 Senses +13 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+5,Climb+7,Diplomacy+11,DisableD+23,Disguise+7,Escape+12 ,Heal-1,Intimidate+5,K.arcana+10,K.dungeon+7,K.local+8,K.nature+7,Linguist+ 7,SenseM+4,SleightH+9,Spellcraft+8,Stealth+15,Surv+0,Swim+5,UMD+5,Conc+10
Female Human Arcane trickster 1/Arcanist 4/Rogue 2 | GS Doc | -

Leira profits Kaos distraction to sabotage the rope bindings of the closest prisoners. She makes strategic cuts so the ropes will fell with just a small effort from the prisoners or if the Ogres try to pull the rope.
Disable device (sabotage): 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27
Stealth: 1d20 + 15 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 20 = 44

She whispers to the closest prisoners' ears as she cuts the ropes "Run into the forest when I yell at you as a signal"

HP 44/44
Vanish: 4/5


Male
daily abilities:
(Channel 1/3 DC 13 / 4d6), (Acid Darts 7/8, d6+4), (Protection Ability 8/8, +2 saves)
Dwarf Cleric 7
Basic Info:
(HP 50/50), (AC18/17, T10, FF18/17 (With/Without Shield))+4 vs Giant Subtype, CMB 7, CMD 17, (Save F9, R4, W12, +4 vs Spell/SLA, +2 vs Poison), Init 0, (Perc 11, +2 vs stone)

Quietly muttering to himself, Haskyll waits until everyone is set.

Torag, let us judge these creatures in life as you judge them after death. Let not one of them who has hurt them and ours survive, so they may be judged.

He then brings up a prayer catching all of the party, and the humans in the area of effect.


Wizard 7 (evoker) HP 45/45 // AC 21 T 13 FF 18 (+4 vs giants) // init +2 // Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +6 (+2 vs spells, spellike effects) // perception +7 spellcraft +13
current active :
Force missiles per day 5/7

and the orges, they get a penalty undrr prayer

Grand Lodge

Hp 84 Fi2/Sor2/Barb1/DD2 AC 16 (20/24) touch13, flat-footed16(17/21), CMB +10; CMD +23 Human
Active affects:
Mage Armor +4/Sheild +4 AC
5 resistance fire Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +4, +8 init, +6 Perception

Kaos will start goating the ogres with what looks like a large tree branch.
Kaos will attack the first one to get within reach with Gorum's Thorn.


Moving on.

Round One

While Kaos provides a distraction, Leira vanishes and moves near a pair of the captives. She sabotages their binding to make them easier to break.  The Ogres don't notice Leira's actions.

Anga moves up and readies a Magic Missile.

Ragnir moves up and hold his actions to see what happens.

Ulfgard cast Longstrider and moves up.

As the Ogres continues their heated conversation, two Ogres move toward Kaos.  Still talking, when the second Ogre gets within reach of Kaos, it swipes at the puny human with its Greatclub. It barely strikes Kaos. But it was a powerful blow.

Ogre 2 Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 242d8 + 10 ⇒ (2, 7) + 10 = 19

Kaos takes 19 points of damage.

Giant:
"Baug, go get that human. Blork, go with him.  Blick, stay here," the first Ogre commands.

"Byth, I mean Captain, do I have to?" the Third Ogre Blick responds.

"Go!" The First Ogre yells back.

As the second and third Ogres go to collect the wayward human, the first and fourth Ogres continues their conversation.

"Can I go ahead and take a leg, Captain?" the Fourth Ogre ask to the First.

"No! Not until we collect all the cattle," the First one yells back.

The Fourth Ogre sulk.

When the Second Ogre gets near Kaos he sees Gorum's Thorn, "This human has a pig sticker." It takes a swipe at Kaos with its Greatclub.

Kaos continues to taunt the Ogres while readying for an attack.

Droja begins to weave a spell.

Haskyll says a Prayer.

Leira 24 (AC19 44/44)
Ulfgard 17 (AC19 87/87)
Ogres 16 (AC? ?/?)
Anga 22 (AC13/21MA-G 45/45) shifted
Ragnir 20 (AC22/26G 59/59) shifted
Kaos 12 (AC20/24SH (63/84)
Droja 8 (AC16 75/75)
Haskyll 5 (AC16 43/43)

Round Two

Grand Lodge

Hp 84 Fi2/Sor2/Barb1/DD2 AC 16 (20/24) touch13, flat-footed16(17/21), CMB +10; CMD +23 Human
Active affects:
Mage Armor +4/Sheild +4 AC
5 resistance fire Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +4, +8 init, +6 Perception

Kaos spits blood then meet the Ogres eye with a hateful glare. My turn. Kaos changes into his dragon form steps forward while pulling out Gorum's Thorn and attacks.
Gorum's Thorn: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 = 322d6 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 16 + 1 = 24
Possible Crit: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 192d6 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 16 + 1 = 24
Could someone do a knowledge nature check so we can get a look at there ac and hp. Please.

@GM:
If Kaos goes after the Ogres would he be able to do this the same round he was hit. Or would they move after him?


Male
Adjustments:
+4 CMD vs Bull Rush/Trip, +1 vs fear vs giants, +1 dmg when flanking, +1 Shield AC, +4 AC vs Giants
Dwarf Warpriest 7
Vitals:
HP 59/59, F:7/R:2/W:9, AC 22 (26 vs Giants) CMB +9 CMD 22 Init +0

Ragnir follows Kaos and call on Torag to help keep the big barbarian in the fight.

cure moderate: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 7) + 4 = 12


hp 44/44 | AC 19 t. 15 ff. 14 | CMD 18 | F +4 R +11 W +7 (evasion) | Pool: 2/7 L1: 3/5 L2: 3/4 ext: 3/3 | Ini +5 Senses +13 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+5,Climb+7,Diplomacy+11,DisableD+23,Disguise+7,Escape+12 ,Heal-1,Intimidate+5,K.arcana+10,K.dungeon+7,K.local+8,K.nature+7,Linguist+ 7,SenseM+4,SleightH+9,Spellcraft+8,Stealth+15,Surv+0,Swim+5,UMD+5,Conc+10
Female Human Arcane trickster 1/Arcanist 4/Rogue 2 | GS Doc | -

Leira casts again vanish, then moves next to the other woman. If the ogre tries to pass through her space, she let's him do it as if he was an ally.
Stealth: 1d20 + 15 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 20 = 48


All players who readied actions, can take their actions in Round One if applicable. This includes Anga's Magic Missile, and Kaos' five foot step and attack. I will apply results with the next recap.


Male
daily abilities:
(Channel 1/3 DC 13 / 4d6), (Acid Darts 7/8, d6+4), (Protection Ability 8/8, +2 saves)
Dwarf Cleric 7
Basic Info:
(HP 50/50), (AC18/17, T10, FF18/17 (With/Without Shield))+4 vs Giant Subtype, CMB 7, CMD 17, (Save F9, R4, W12, +4 vs Spell/SLA, +2 vs Poison), Init 0, (Perc 11, +2 vs stone)

As he is close enough, could I have snuck an attack in while he was distracted by Kaos ?


@Brandark - The second Ogre is no longer distracted by the time it moves, sees Kaos carrying a sword, and then attacks, so no AoO.

Anyway, Anga's Magic Missile and Kaos' attack will drop the second Ogre.

Grand Lodge

Hp 84 Fi2/Sor2/Barb1/DD2 AC 16 (20/24) touch13, flat-footed16(17/21), CMB +10; CMD +23 Human
Active affects:
Mage Armor +4/Sheild +4 AC
5 resistance fire Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +4, +8 init, +6 Perception

Thanks for the healing Ragnir.
round 2
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
After the first one drops. Kaos will graceful duck roll and leap to end up next to the trailing oger(L9) and attack.
Gorum's Thorn: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 = 282d6 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5) + 16 + 1 = 25


Male
Adjustments:
+4 CMD vs Bull Rush/Trip, +1 vs fear vs giants, +1 dmg when flanking, +1 Shield AC, +4 AC vs Giants
Dwarf Warpriest 7
Vitals:
HP 59/59, F:7/R:2/W:9, AC 22 (26 vs Giants) CMB +9 CMD 22 Init +0

Ragnir follows the odd human standing behind him still. Torag be protectin' this lad from harm. Be lendin' him the shield of the mountains! With the small prayer, Ragnir touches Kaos' back, and a brief flash of stone around Kaos seems to meld into him.

Shield of Faith (I added Torag flavoring ;) ) +3 AC for 7 minutes


Anga, Haskyll and Ulfgard can still take Round Two actions. Sorry for the confusion on the start of actions.


Male Dwarf
Spoiler:
HP 87/87 Ini+1 Sp30" Ac 19 T11 FF10 F10 R5 W 4 (+3MSSL/+4(2)Rage) Per+11
Ranger (Divine Tracker) 7

Ulfgard will use the first downed ogre as stepstone and attack the other.
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 302d6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 5) + 14 = 21


Male
daily abilities:
(Channel 1/3 DC 13 / 4d6), (Acid Darts 7/8, d6+4), (Protection Ability 8/8, +2 saves)
Dwarf Cleric 7
Basic Info:
(HP 50/50), (AC18/17, T10, FF18/17 (With/Without Shield))+4 vs Giant Subtype, CMB 7, CMD 17, (Save F9, R4, W12, +4 vs Spell/SLA, +2 vs Poison), Init 0, (Perc 11, +2 vs stone)

Moving up slightly along with Kaos and Ulfgard, Haskyll drives heartspit at the other standing Ogre.

attack: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 20
BAB,STR,Magic,Bane,Prayer
damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (6, 4) + 1 + 1 = 24
2H STR,Bane,Magic,Prayer

Let Torag judge these abominations as they have attacked house and hearth.
May they be brought down, and them treated in Phrasma's realm as they are treating those humans.

GM, no worries, I was just wondering if I might have been able to.


Male
Adjustments:
+4 CMD vs Bull Rush/Trip, +1 vs fear vs giants, +1 dmg when flanking, +1 Shield AC, +4 AC vs Giants
Dwarf Warpriest 7
Vitals:
HP 59/59, F:7/R:2/W:9, AC 22 (26 vs Giants) CMB +9 CMD 22 Init +0

Ragnir stays behind Kaos for the moment Aricht laddie, yer bein' tougher ta hit now 'at Torag's protectin ye. And don't ye be frettin' none either, 'ol Ragnir be havin' yer back.

Essentially holding action to either cast healing, or more buffs on Kaos, depending on what kind of a whoopin' he takes. ;)


Round Two

Anga hits the second Ogre with a Magic Missile .

Ragnir gives Kaos a little healing.

Kaos delivers a near critical strike against the second Ogre.

The second Ogre falls unconscious.

Round Three

Leira casts again Vanish, then moves next to one of the female captives.

Ulfgard climbs over the second Ogre to get to the third.

The third Ogre takes a swipe with its greatclub. Ulfgard ducks the blow as he advances. Then the Dwarf Ranger Barbarian clobbers the third Ogre with Agrimmosh.

Ogre 3 Greatclub AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 162d8 + 10 ⇒ (3, 4) + 10 = 17

Giant:
"Byth! Sorry, I mean Captain, this human hurts."

The third Ogre takes a step back and swings again Ulfgard. But between pain and surprise, it was unable to land a blow.

Ogre 3 Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 132d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 6) + 10 = 20

The first Ogre moves over the tied human female and Leira, whom it does not detect. This first Ogre draws a Greatsword. It also attacks Ulfgard. It slices into the Dwarf Ranger Barbarian.

Ogre 1 Greatsword: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 332d8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 6) + 12 = 19

@Ulfgard - Takes 19 points of damage, as a base.

@Leira - You can take an AoO, or a sneak attack on the first Ogre.

The fourth Ogre moves and engages to the left of the third Ogre.

Anga does something heroic.

Ragnir gives Kaos some additional shield protection.

@Ragnir - Sorry, but I am a little confused by the two post in the Round. Please clarify, and indicate what actions were taken in the second Round, and what Ragnir does in the third Round.

Kaos makes a nifty maneuver to avoid the Ogres reach, then lands a slice with Gorum's Thorn.

The third Ogre drops unconscious.

A Giant Bat appears behind the first Ogre. It attacks, but it is more of a nuisance.

Dire Bat Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Seeing the Dire Bat being ineffective, Droja tries to hold the sword wielding Ogre.

Ogre 1 Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The first Ogre barely resist being held.

Haskyll moves up an attacks one of the standing Ogres, but the tip of Heartspit is blocked by the Ogre's armor.

@Haskyll - I moved Haskyll onto the unconscious second Ogre. You can shift the token if you wish.

Leira 24 (AC19 44/44)
Ulfgard 17 (AC19 68/87)
Ogres 16 (AC21 ?,U,U,(?)/38(?))
Anga 22 (AC13/21MA-G 45/45) shifted
Ragnir 20 (AC22/26G 59/59) shifted
Kaos 12 (AC20/24SH (75/84)
Droja 8 (AC16 75/75)
Haskyll 5 (AC16 43/43)

Round Three

Grand Lodge

Hp 84 Fi2/Sor2/Barb1/DD2 AC 16 (20/24) touch13, flat-footed16(17/21), CMB +10; CMD +23 Human
Active affects:
Mage Armor +4/Sheild +4 AC
5 resistance fire Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +4, +8 init, +6 Perception

Yes come and meet your end on my blade. Kaos will turn on the Ogre to his right and disembowel him.
Gorum's Thorn: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 = 332d6 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 16 + 1 = 27
Gorum's Thorn: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 = 242d6 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 16 + 1 = 26
Total damage 53


Male
Adjustments:
+4 CMD vs Bull Rush/Trip, +1 vs fear vs giants, +1 dmg when flanking, +1 Shield AC, +4 AC vs Giants
Dwarf Warpriest 7
Vitals:
HP 59/59, F:7/R:2/W:9, AC 22 (26 vs Giants) CMB +9 CMD 22 Init +0

2nd round was casting shield, round 3 holding action to see if Kaos gets hit again. If he gets hit I'll heal him again, if not I'll cast Bull's str on him. So essentially holding my action till Initiative 15, directly after the ogres.


Wizard 7 (evoker) HP 45/45 // AC 21 T 13 FF 18 (+4 vs giants) // init +2 // Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +6 (+2 vs spells, spellike effects) // perception +7 spellcraft +13
current active :
Force missiles per day 5/7

sorry for the slow posting, Internet problems

Anga pulls out her wand of acid arrow, moving ten feet closer and targets the orge 1

acid arrow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 touch attack

damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8


Male Dwarf
Spoiler:
HP 87/87 Ini+1 Sp30" Ac 19 T11 FF10 F10 R5 W 4 (+3MSSL/+4(2)Rage) Per+11
Ranger (Divine Tracker) 7

Taking a five foot step closer, Ulfgard starts to attack in earnest.
"That was a good one, really. My turn!"
Agri: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 312d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 5) + 14 = 24
Shield: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 211d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Agri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 242d6 + 14 ⇒ (6, 2) + 14 = 22


hp 44/44 | AC 19 t. 15 ff. 14 | CMD 18 | F +4 R +11 W +7 (evasion) | Pool: 2/7 L1: 3/5 L2: 3/4 ext: 3/3 | Ini +5 Senses +13 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+5,Climb+7,Diplomacy+11,DisableD+23,Disguise+7,Escape+12 ,Heal-1,Intimidate+5,K.arcana+10,K.dungeon+7,K.local+8,K.nature+7,Linguist+ 7,SenseM+4,SleightH+9,Spellcraft+8,Stealth+15,Surv+0,Swim+5,UMD+5,Conc+10
Female Human Arcane trickster 1/Arcanist 4/Rogue 2 | GS Doc | -

Leira profits the opportunity to attempt a sneak attack on the Ogre.
AoO Hopeknife+invis: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8
Magical/Slashing damage+AS+sneak attack: 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + (2, 4) = 11

Surprised by the ogre movement she steps over the campfire and starts shouting in pain, her invisibility cover disappearing.

The deft girl ducks behind the Ogre and tries to teach him a lesson once more profiting the flank offered by the summoned bat. She uses her arcane magic to enhance the blade.
Hopeknife+flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
Magical/Slashing damage+AS+sneak attack: 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + (3, 4) = 12


Ragnir Brightaxe wrote:
2nd round was casting shield, round 3 holding action to see if Kaos gets hit again. If he gets hit I'll heal him again, if not I'll cast Bull's str on him. So essentially holding my action till Initiative 15, directly after the ogres.

That helps. Thanks.


Male
daily abilities:
(Channel 1/3 DC 13 / 4d6), (Acid Darts 7/8, d6+4), (Protection Ability 8/8, +2 saves)
Dwarf Cleric 7
Basic Info:
(HP 50/50), (AC18/17, T10, FF18/17 (With/Without Shield))+4 vs Giant Subtype, CMB 7, CMD 17, (Save F9, R4, W12, +4 vs Spell/SLA, +2 vs Poison), Init 0, (Perc 11, +2 vs stone)

Position looks good, and no worries on the movement.

Torag give us a sign that you intend for us to defeat these abominations to the good folk.

A warhammer appears beside the ogre and starts to lay the smackdown on it.

spirit weapon: 1d20 + 5 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 5 + 1 = 13
BAB,Wis Bonus,Prayer
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

He then gets ready to continue using heartspit when the option comes up.
AOO if one comes up.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 25
BAB, STR, Magic, Bane, Prayer
damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (5, 4) + 1 + 1 = 20
2HSTR, Bane, Magic, Prayer

Edit, Sigh, yet another low roll on the to hits. the D20's absolutely hate me. :(


Round Two

Anga pulls out a Wand and hits the first Ogre with a Acid Arrow.

As the Ogre passes over her, Leira takes an attack of opportunity. But slips a little on the rocks and missed.

BTW-I confirmed in the rules, you can't use your Sneak Attack ability with an AoO. Only your normal base attack is applicable with an AoO.

Round Three Previous post should have said Round One and Two

The Rouge Arcanist regains her composure, and moves to get a flanking attack against the first Ogre. She sticks the Ogre with her Hopeknife.

Ulfgard takes a steps and thumps, bashes, and clobbers the first Ogre. It reals from the blows, staggers and falls over unconscious.

Ogre 4 save vs Nail Armor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

When the fourth Ogre sees Haskyll's Nail Armor, it becomes enraged, takes a step and tries to bash the Dwarf standing on the second fallen Ogre.

Ogre 4 Greatclub + Rage: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 162d8 + 11 ⇒ (4, 6) + 11 = 21

The blow ironically glances off the Nail Armor causing no ill effects to Haskyll.

Ragnir observes to see where best he can contribute.

Kaos will turn on the Ogre to his right and disembowel him. This enraged fourth Ogre drops his Greatclub, grabs his sliced open belly, slumps to it knees, then falls over dead.

Droja's bat looks a little confused, then disappears.

Three of the four Ogres are alive but unconscious.

Many of the captives have been saved.

Victory!

What does the party do next?

Leira 24 (AC19 44/44)
Ulfgard 17 (AC19 68/87)
Ogres 16 (AC21 U,U,U,D/38)
Anga 22 (AC13/21MA-G 45/45) shifted
Ragnir 20 (AC22/26G 59/59) shifted
Kaos 12 (AC20/24SH (75/84)
Droja 8 (AC16 75/75)
Haskyll 5 (AC16 43/43)

Grand Lodge

Hp 84 Fi2/Sor2/Barb1/DD2 AC 16 (20/24) touch13, flat-footed16(17/21), CMB +10; CMD +23 Human
Active affects:
Mage Armor +4/Sheild +4 AC
5 resistance fire Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +4, +8 init, +6 Perception

Haskyll will you check on the villagers? Shall we keep one of the things alive for questioning? Or perhaps they will talk even after death? Kaos will cast detect magic and search the ogres and the camp site.
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


In addition to the over-sized Ogre junk, Kaos will find a large masterworks Greatsword, a gold censer with platinum inlay (400gp), a gold flute of exquisite quality (1000gp), a small intricately carved statuette of Torag (300gp), and a sack with the following, 6 cut and polished pieces of Jade (50gp each), 120cpcs, 90spcs, 84gpcs, 24ppcs.

The flute has a slight magic aura. Kaos will determine it was designed for someone that can actually play the flute (At least one rank in Perform-Wind Instruments). Anyone that has at least one rank in Perform-Wind Instrument gets an additional +5 on their Perform skill check when playing this flute.


Male Dwarf
Spoiler:
HP 87/87 Ini+1 Sp30" Ac 19 T11 FF10 F10 R5 W 4 (+3MSSL/+4(2)Rage) Per+11
Ranger (Divine Tracker) 7

Ulfgard will wipe the slime of his weapons and draws his hopeknife, freeing the villagers.
"Glad we made it!"


Male
Adjustments:
+4 CMD vs Bull Rush/Trip, +1 vs fear vs giants, +1 dmg when flanking, +1 Shield AC, +4 AC vs Giants
Dwarf Warpriest 7
Vitals:
HP 59/59, F:7/R:2/W:9, AC 22 (26 vs Giants) CMB +9 CMD 22 Init +0

Ragnir holds up from casting his spell, and gives a small grunt of satisfaction, "I shoulda kenned these things would be puttin' up very little fight." He turns his attention to the villagers, "Are ye folks aricht?"


The villagers let out cheers when the last Ogre falls. They are very grateful for their rescue. But they are in bad shape. One was walking on a broken leg. Two had broken ribs. Another a broken arm.

The one with the broken leg is a scrawny lass with well cropped hair. She had other internal injuries as well. She is a hardy young woman, and willed herself to stay alive. "I may be pretty hurt," she says. "The pain is keeping me alive. I thought as long as I feel the pain, then death has not taken me."


hp 44/44 | AC 19 t. 15 ff. 14 | CMD 18 | F +4 R +11 W +7 (evasion) | Pool: 2/7 L1: 3/5 L2: 3/4 ext: 3/3 | Ini +5 Senses +13 (+1 vs traps)
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+5,Climb+7,Diplomacy+11,DisableD+23,Disguise+7,Escape+12 ,Heal-1,Intimidate+5,K.arcana+10,K.dungeon+7,K.local+8,K.nature+7,Linguist+ 7,SenseM+4,SleightH+9,Spellcraft+8,Stealth+15,Surv+0,Swim+5,UMD+5,Conc+10
Female Human Arcane trickster 1/Arcanist 4/Rogue 2 | GS Doc | -

Leira observes the flute with curiosity "Actually I know a bit about flutes. I used to play for Sarah and my mother" she seems to sadden a bit on the thought of her mom.

"Do not worry, Haskyll here is the better doctor that has ever seen the face of the Hold of Belken" the girl smiles at the villager "Do you know where the ogres were taking you? We came to investigate the giants' attacks and would like to know where is their lair"

She turns to the party "Perhaps we can try to interrogate one of the surviving ogres"

4,651 to 4,700 of 4,753 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mazra’s Giantslayer Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.