Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Master of the Fallen Fortress (Inactive)

Game Master Tanis Newlun

Terxu Rirkiss the renown collector has heard of a small aspiring group (you), and has asked you to go to forgotten fortress and retrieve some lost artifacts...


1 to 50 of 128 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

You all wake up to a strange clinking noise, it must be the strange engineered bell that Terxu installed into each of your guest rooms. As you get up and get dressed, you remember, todays the final day you have before you leave. Oh, yes Terxu also has stressed that this morning would be your briefing, so you all quickly are off to the other side of the estate, cutting through the courtyard to speed it up. You enter the dining room, each of you sit down.
The old man stands at the end of the table, dressed in seemingly un-extravagent clothing, or at least less than you would think he would be. He isn't very tall, probably about 5 feet each of you measure, he is completely bald well, except for ligh black hairs that are growing out of what seems every crevice in on his head. With a nod and a wink, he looks over all of you.
"Before we begin, I would like each of you to give your preferred name, what you offer to the group, a little bit of your backround but not all of it, we don't have that much time to spare, and any special ablilities you might have that would overly impress us." he smiles as he almost seems to recite the words.

Please be descriptive


Male Halfling Bard 1

The young looking halfling stands first and speaks with a quiet but lilting voice, "I believe I shall begin."

He sweeps his cloak back in a flourish and continues,"My name is Davik Smilebeard, I am a master manipulator of the mind. I can trick even the most cynical skeptics and turn them into believers. I have knowledge of a great many things. I come from a small town far from here, that I doubt any of you know. I trained with the best magician in the world along with a great scholar of his time, and now am here to assist in any way I can.

He reaches into his cloak and retrieves a coin and as he flashes it around he tosses it into the air. Perform: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

The coin seems to hang in the air for a moment, but then gently floats down to his hands. He smiles broadly and takes his seat again.


Male Dwarf lvl 5 cleric of Angradd

The surly dwarf stands with a grunt. "That's a good trick Davik but I'll take steel over mind tricks in the heat of a battle. Names Valak Steelspike, you can call me Valak. I am a priest in the Brotherhood of the Iron Lord. I understand there are battles to be fought and glory to be won in the name of Gorum. In the heat of battle it is best to stay out of my way. Gorum has blessed me with the ability to heal wounds should any of you find yourselves lacking in his guidance."


Male Half Elf Monk 1

The inexpressive half-elf slides back his chair and stands up.

I'm Zirkal, disciple of Sanjar. I seek inner peace and balance through physical and mental perfection to honor my late master's legacy.

He makes a small bow and sits down silently.


The young Varisian woman stands as she nods to the dwarf, "I too prefer cold steel in a battle over magic. My name is Feena Dawnstrider, but please call me Feena. I have traveled many places," she looks to the halfling,"and have buried many evil creatures and artifacts. I am here to make sure that no evil arises from the depths below. May we travel with justice and good intentions." She takes her seat again as she re-adjusts her armor


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Badang looks forlorn at the empty dining table and curses under his breath.

This Terxu is all business. Couldn't he at least prepare a small repast, considering this might be last time in a long while we'd be getting some hot food?

His mood not improved especially getting woken up by an impassioned bell like device which hardly remains a bell after Badang looked bleary eyed for a stop function and decided his axe would do just as same.

No, looking back at Terxu. He's just a bloke with money but no guts to seek the treasure he finds interesting.

WIth a sniff, Badang leans back and voices out in a gruffly obnoxious voice, addressing Terxu.

"You hired me because I'm handy probing round old ruins and have the brawn to do so with little support."

Looking around at the assembled crew,
"I've worked with crews like this before, the shorter the name the easier to remember and forget. You all can call me 'Bhad'. Not pig-face, that's the name for my axe.


Male Dwarf lvl 5 cleric of Angradd

Sizing up the half-orc with some disdain
Bah...a pig-face! Just my luck. Nothing worse than a half-orc with an attitude. Thinks Valak.
"At least the axe is pretty to look at." Grumbles Valak to no one in particular.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

"Now, now, no need to fight, especially in my presence," Terxu says as looks at the orc, then he stands up and begins to pace around as he proceeds, "To business though, your 'crew' if you will, will be traveling to the fallen fortress, which, for a long time was sealed, although, of late, it seems that not only has it been opened, somethings moved in, although I don't know what, (bluff check) by the by, there will be treasure, although nothing in particular, except for... Some information, supposedly a wizard, an ancient ancestor of mine named Roxkeu, I don't know much about him, and maybe you will come across something? Now, about the pay... I'll offer you 250 gold each, the proper worth of anything you find, and 200 gold, maybe more, for information on my ancestor, Any objections? If not, let us eat" Terxu yells the last part and raises his arms as he says it, at the same time, 6 striking women, all of different race, burst through the door, An elf, a half-elf, a human, a gnome, a dwarf, a halfing, all dressed in waitress attire, walk around the room and deliver piles of smoked sausage links, loaves of breads, various small pastries you can't name, eggs cooked almost every way you can think, hashbrowns and other potatoes, butters, more assorted meats, cheeses that are to extravagent to describe, and many strange colored sauces, "When we finish, you will leave," he yells happily and jeers.

If you have ranks in sense motive or bluff:
You notice that there is something he isn't telling you, something that may make the puzzle fit a bit more...


Feena skewers one of the sausage links and holds it up for inspection, "Tell me Terxu, why did you send me a letter and how did you know of me?" She turns to look at at Terxu, no expression on her face.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

"Ah, yes, you see, every five years or so, I send out about 100 men, to search the lands of able bodied people, your names showed up, so I picked the lot of you." Terxu says as he butters a piece of bread, then adds some cheese and meat.


Male Halfling Bard 1

Davik listens thoroughly to Terxu's tale, but narrows his eyes slightly.Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

However when money is mention his eyes light up. When the waitresses walk in he winks at the half elf and says, "How's it going cutie? Would you like some flowers?" Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Dwarf lvl 5 cleric of Angradd

The smell of the food awakens a hunger in Valak that he has not known in a long time! "Sounds like a good deal Terxu." Valak says as he reaches for a handful of sausages. "What kind of magic did this ancestor of yours practice?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

"Honestly, I do not have any information on him, that is exactly why I want you to go," Terxu says as he crams the sandwich in his mouth.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"Good to start something with a full belly. Though I have a feeling there's something you've omitted in your briefing. Why do so and risk failure if the crew you're sending is not mentally prepared."

Biting into a juicy steak Badang adds.

"Excellent food, by the way."

He continues wolfing the steak down before further asking.

"What sort of information are you looking for anyway? His spellbook? A heirloom?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

"Anything that you might think would help, and I was hoping you would like the food, but back to your question, what would I be hiding? Why do you think I would not prepare to the best of my ablility? It's preposterous that you would even bring up such a subject!" As Terxu says this he bangs his hand on the table, his face becoming flustered, he then calms down, wolfs down an egg, and awaits another question.

You know that something is up, although you don't have a clue what it might be.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

"Is that all you wish to ask me? If so, then now, you can go and gather supplies you need, and I may be able to assist with supplies also" You notice as Terxu talks, that he has eggs and a purple sauce smeared on his cheek. The fine waitress's quickly re-enter and clean the table to a sparkle, and remove all of the food. Terxu waves to the Elf, she walks over and cleans his face.

Now, if you have any supplies you would like to get, or anything you want to see if he has he'll give you, then go ahead and ask, if you do not, please say that on the discussion so that I will know what is going on, thanks!


Male Half Elf Monk 1

Unfazed by the discussion, Zirkal stands up to leave.

I need an advance for supplies.

He states with all his usual charm.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12 Diplomacy


Male Dwarf lvl 5 cleric of Angradd

"Do you have an armory we may get weapons from? Or an alchemist on site to get potions from?"

1d20 ⇒ 11 Diplomacy

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

"Zirkal, what would you specifically like? Valak, you charming you, you know where the armory is, help yourself, and you may find a potion of cure light wounds you can have..." Terxu says, he then quickly looks over his shoulder, to the wall "Oh no, they're here!" he yells as he quickly stands, turns around, and runs into the wall, knocking himself out.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

"What's here?" Badang turns around, mouth full.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Feena puts down her fork and turns toward the door, ready to jump if necessary.

Feena activates detect evil (sp) while she turns to the door.

Is it already time to act?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

With the commotion, the Elven maiden returns, she looks over to Terxu
"God, again? My master has been acting funny of late, this being one of his many strange, new, characteristics, anyway, it's best if you get going, as I'm sure he told you where any supplies that may help are, you can go retrieve them, but do not terry, he usually has.... Temper tantrums when he wakes... " She says as she cradles his head.

Nope, just a whacked up rich old man, imagine that...


Male Dwarf lvl 5 cleric of Angradd

Valak draws his sword as he abruptly rises, knocking over his chair. "Bah! I knew something wasn't right with this!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

"No, no... You have the wrong idea, it is quite alright, this is almost normal..." the maiden says to you as she motions away your sword.


Male Dwarf lvl 5 cleric of Angradd

Hesitantly sheathing his sword, Valak heads to the armory to check out the selection of light crossbows and hunt down a potion of cure light wounds or two.

1d20 ⇒ 16Spot or perception.


Feena stands calmly and walks over to Terxu. When she nears she kneels to check if he's breathing. Once comfirmed, she stands and turns towards the maiden, Tell me, did this start when the ruins were uncovered?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

"It started about one week after the tremors occured, he was fine until then, and now... He'll just feint, or he'll yell at an inanimate object, or something similar.. It's strange really," the elven woman says as her voice wavers off, she begins mumbling things, then bursts out crying, resting her head on the mans lap , she is obviously close to the man, besides the fact he is her 'master...


Male Halfling Bard 1

Oddly enough, the halfling has been quiet listening to the conversation. When their host jumps he hastily puts his hand to his belt as if feeling for a weapon. He then calmly resumes leaning against the wall. He then pipes up, "Hmm, most strange. However I have no doubt we will be able to help you find what you seek." He smiles a winning smile and fiddles with a deck of cards.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Bah! Simply put, your master is on the verge of senility, funny thing that. Happens to all short lived races. We grow old and then start acting like a child again.

Badang sits back and continues stuffing himself. He lets the Elven woman cry her heart, seeing the rest showing more care than he'll ever will.

Badang would later get up and starts choosing cheese, nuts, dried foods to make rations of sort. And all the intact liquor bottles available. So how much rations and rum that'll be?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

"Pease, you really, must be going..." The elven woman says through tears, "I think that whatever is in the fortress will help..." She says as she trails off.

Badang, I previously had the maidens put all of the food away, although if you would like some rations, I will say before it was put away you grabbed about 6 days worth...


Feena looks down to the elf woman as she rests both her hands, non threatening, on her pommel.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

You seem to know more than a typical hand maiden. Is there anything you are not telling us, or perhaps something he may have forgotten?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

"I'm no hand maiden, I'm his loyal advisor, although, I have no idea how he came across the information, or anything about that old tower for that matter... and he's refused to tell me anything..." The elf says as she twirls her hair with one hand, and looks into your eyes, searching for what looks to be, hope.
"Please, just go and do what he has asked you to..."


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Better get on and organized. I'll take a look see at the armory and pickup some tools.

Looking for some Thieves Tools..

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

Badang, as you pick your way through the armory, you come across a small leather casing, opening it you come across theives tools that are very rusty, and a few are missing, but if you take about one hour, you should be ably to repair them with a Disable Device check...


Feena bows to the elf, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I will father my things and await for the others.

Grabbing a backpack and stocking up on reasons from the kitchen and looking for a healers kit. Any healing wands would be awesome


Male Half Elf Monk 1

Pleased with a simple and sturdy quarterstaff that he finds standing against the wall, Zirkal rummages the room looking for any healing potion, or useful items.


Male Halfling Bard 1

Looking for any daggers or weighted weapons, or potentially rings/other baubles.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

None of you happen to come across anything but: 4 daggers, a healers kit, and a cat-o-nine-tails.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

The elven advisor reappears at the door, "You really should be going, he's just awoken, he's fine, he told me where the tower is, and he drew it on a map, it's only about three miles northwest of town, travel carefully, and may you have good luck..." she says with a grim smile. As she leaves, she sets down a parcel, with a simple brown paper wrapping, and a small grey string tied neetly around it. The small package is only about two feet by four feet, with the map she described placed on top it.


Male Halfling Bard 1

Davik grabs the parcel and map and glances at the rest of them before heading out the door.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

As you attempt to pick up the parcel, it will not leave the ground, although you can tell that it is magickly 'glued' to the ground...


Male Halfling Bard 1

Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 To know why the heck it's stuck to the ground...

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

You are positive that this is the ground

You aren't going to know more than what I've told you....


Male Dwarf lvl 5 cleric of Angradd

Mumbling something about weaker races, Valak steps up to the parcel and unties the ribbon and opens the parcel.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

The parcel easily opens and falls around what was inside, the contents is still stacked very neetly, with what looks to be three blood red cloaks, and one dark blue cloak...


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Magical perhaps? If it`s for show then I am definitely not wearing them.

Meanwhile Bhad takes a look at the rusty tools and gives it a good polish, seeing what he could salvage.

Disable device:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Feena kneels down to inspect the cloaks.


Male Dwarf lvl 5 cleric of Angradd

Valak kneels beside Feena and lays one hand on top of the contents.
With his other hand he grasps his holy symbol hanging around his neck and starts to pray for Gorum to bless him with the ability to detect if these are magical.

"Ohmrak thussa..."

1d20 ⇒ 13


Male Halfling Bard 1

"Ooh!" Davik's eyes grow wide at the cloaks. "Can I have the blue one?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf

You all know, these are magical, although of what sort, you can't figure...

1 to 50 of 128 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Master of the Fallen Fortress All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.