Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Madness in Kintargo

Game Master Profession Smith 6 ranks

The dark shadow of the new Lord-Mayor Barzillai Thrune hangs over a series of mysterious disappearances in Kintargo during the time of the Glorious Reclamation in Cheliax.


1 to 50 of 560 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

HELL’S REBELS REBOOT/SIDE ADVENTURE

Disclaimer!:

What follows is my own personal creation, or interpretation, or possible turn of events to make a smooth(ish) narrative transition between where we left off in GM Paladin’s PbP game and where we begin in this one. If GM Paladin returns to again take up the mantle of our storyteller and referee, we may or may not see fit to integrate any of what takes place in this game into his game. So this may end up being nothing more than an ‘alternate reality exercise in What If?’ I can live with that. What follows is my version of the period of the Silver Ravens organization since GM Paladin’s hiatus…an attempt to explain the many tumultuous comings and goings that have happened in the days since the hunt for the invisible creature inside the Nest….

The fledgling rebellion of the new Silver Ravens is all but disbanded! A series of abysmal failures and departures from its roster of core officers has left it fractured and badly weakened. The run of misfortune began when, despite a decent plan, the friends failed to catch the invisible spy that had recently wreaked havoc inside the Nest. The Ravens’ officers had agreed to refine their plan and try again, but the second hunt never happened. Sabrina Sarini, pretty but capricious assistant to spymaster Davina Eradon, suddenly stormed out of Laria’s Long Roads Coffeehouse, despite having been promised by her father to another diabolist in eternal infernal wedlock. Her former bodyguard, Domitius, was the first to go after the wayward young woman but was soon followed by the other Ravens’ officers and some of their recruits.

Sabrina and several of her would-be rescuers have not been seen since, and there isn’t even a whisper on the streets of Kintargo as to their ultimate fates. Domitius has vanished, as has the capable Varisian mage Nicolae and two young recruits who accompanied him into the city streets in search of Sabrina. The blame for Sabrina’s brusque departure eventually fell mainly upon her ‘frenemy,’ the young noblewoman bard, Jessibel Aulamaxa, and (to a lesser degree) upon the secret worshiper of Cayden Cailean, Leora Scileana. Apparently word somehow got back to Sabrina that her two friends had snuck off to a tavern for a night of revelry and not asked her along. To make matters worse, Jessi and Leora double-dated that night with the Vashnarstill twins, a pair of decadent nobles (and identical twins), the elder of whom (Angus) Sabrina had dated last summer and discarded by fall. Faced with this ‘betrayal’ by two of her friends, Sabrina quit the Ravens in an angry huff.

Other incidents also contributed to the fracturing of the rebel faction. An important document that the displaced nobleman and scholar, Rexus Victocora, was studying and translating—a piece of parchment with a magical secret page cast upon it—vanished mysteriously around the same time as Sabrina’s exit. Only a day after that theft was discovered, a large and rather insistent contingent of dottari showed up at the coffeehouse, demanding access to the establishment’s basement. Although they didn’t find the secret door and passage leading down the Nest, Laria thought it best for the rebels to find another gathering spot for the short term at least, until the heat the dottari was applying cooled off.

The Silver Ravens decided to temporarily go their separate ways until a new headquarters could be established (or Laria allowed them to return to the Nest). Of the four remaining officers, three (Kiri Windfeather, Leora, and Davina) relocated to Eradon Manor in Villegre; Jessibel split her time between her family home in the Greens and a rented flat in Jarvis End within a block of the Kintargo Opera House Society, of which she was a new member. Rexus is currently staying at the home of a friend, the place he was at the night he lost his family and home on the Night of Ashes, and he’s still busily translating the remaining documents found underneath the Fair Fortune Livery. The Ravens’ teams (Turl’s Performers, the tengu Fushi Sisters, and Forvian’s Fighters) stayed intact but each went its separate way, awaiting orders from their leaders. The rank and file returned to their old lives, likewise biding time until the Silver Ravens would again arise from the ashes.

Yesterday morning, a message arrived via a silver raven figurine of wondrous power from Lydia Tivyr, a rebel and old friend based out of Songbird Hall, the local Temple of Shelyn, saying that she had a request and mission for her old friends, one that she’d need to explain and detail in person. Jessibel, who was checking in with her fellow officers at the time, told the others that she had Opera House Society business later in the day and could swing by the temple while she was on Argo Isle. Although she promised to return to Davina’s home with an update before nightfall, Jessi never showed. The teen girl was still occasionally less-than-dependable and had stayed at her flat near the Opera House Society headquarters when her business with them ran late (rather than risk getting caught on the streets after curfew), so her friends initially didn’t worry too much. When the bard didn’t show up the next morning, however, Davina fired off a message to Songbird Hall inquiring after Jessibel.

Lydia’s silver raven reply has just arrived at Eradon Manor. Written in Elven for security purposes, Davina is able to translate it and read it aloud to the others: J.A. arrived noon yesterday. Told of missing teens in Temple Hill, Redroof. Was to meet her musical friends, then return to you. Please visit ASAP. L.T.

It’s now an hour past noon.

Please post your actions below. If you have any concerns or suggestions about the admittedly kinda harsh temporary collapse of the Silver Ravens organization, feel free to bring them up in the Discussion tab. I'll try to add a few things to the Campaign Info tab over the next few days.


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

Dotting in


F Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 17, T 10, FF 13 | F+6, R+1, W+9 | Init +0 | Per +6 | Loot Sheet

Leora had been enjoying tinkering with Davina in her well-stocked alchemical workshop, but boredom and frustration were starting to set in. How were they supposed to reform the Silver Ravens and lead a rebellion if they couldn't even find a safe place to live?

Leora frowns as Davina finishes translating the note. Although she isn't happy to see the message about Jessi going missing, she is glad for the chance to do something.

"Aww, seriously? Jessi could be anywhere. She might still be asleep in a tavern, or the Dottari could have locked her up. Let's start with visiting Lydia, maybe that will give us some clue of where she went. What do you think?" She asks Davina and Kiri


female strix aerokineticist 2 | HP 21/21 (N/L 2) Burn 1 | AC 16; FF 12; TAC 13 | F +6, Ref +6, Will -1 | Init +5 | Low-Light visions, Darkvision 60 ft, Per +5 (+7 in dim light/darkness)

It was disappointing what became of the Ravens, the infighting and the apparent betrayal, it made Kiri realize just how stupid humans really were. They didn't see her bickering like that, she kept quiet and watchful in an attempt to try and catch the mysterious being but failed miserably. At least she'd spooked it, that was something. When Laria asked them to leave the coffee house she and her father took up Residence at Davina's manor and had been discussing what to do. The city was becoming too dangerous and they both knew it would be easy to steal enough from her to afford passage on a boat for some other city, someplace they could start off new. In the end she convinced Mallus to stay, at least a little longer, and see how things went. If they worked out they would stay and fight for their home, if it didn't, they would simply leave, like the free strix that they were. Of course they kept these deliberations to themselves, not letting their host know they might be robbing her soon because that just wasn't right.

Kiri had been on the roof looking out over the property, watching for trouble, when the raven came with the note. She took it from the silver bird and brought it downstairs to Davina to read, after all strix had no use for those letters. When the recitation was finished the strix woman cocked her head to one side and then the other, a rough equivalent of rolling her eyes, and said, "If Apprentice has gotten herself in a fix then she can get herself out of it." She paused, her thoughts moving along some path that only strix could know. Finally, after a long pause she tilted her head forward and her wings shifted slightly in what amounted to a shrug, "Of course I would not be a good Master if I didn't at least find out what happened to Apprentice." Her head twitched in a nod while her feathers ruffled, "Talking to Lydia seems the best place to start, let me get my things." With that she went to the room she shared with Mallus and put on her armor, her pack with it's gear, and her cloak, letting him know she'd be leaving to look for Apprentice, and met up with the other two women, ready to go."[/b] She pulled the hood forward and headed towards the door.


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Lydia greets you all warmly in the main chapel of Songbird Hall. Since there are no services ongoing and no one is present besides a fellow teenaged acolyte who’s distributing hymn books throughout the pews, the half-elf decides to conduct business then and there.

”Jessibel stopped by yesterday, no more than an hour after noon. I asked for her help in finding a missing priestess from the temple. This girl, Triella Winters, simply vanished six days ago. We thought maybe she’d been nabbed after curfew by some of Thrune’s Goons, but our sources inside the dottari claim that’s not the case. Recently we learned that several of her friends—an alchemist’s apprentice, junior baker, a brother and sister who work at their parents’ businesses, and a tavern worker—have all vanished over the past 8 days. Jessi agreed to have the Sil…, er, you folks…look into the matter. We’ve done a bit of looking for and asking around about Triella ourselves, but we’ve been stretched rather thin lately—Barzillai Thrune’s puppets at the Church of Asmodeus have been checking up on every little move the faithful of Shelyn make in recent days. Anyways, Jessi said she was going to stop at the Kintargo Opera House Society headquarters for some business and would be returning to the coffee house before dark. I hope nothing bad has happened to her.”

Kiri & Leora Only:

You notice that the other acolyte present has moved closer and seems to be trying to eavesdrop on your conversation.

Secret GM Rolls:

Davina Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Kiri Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Leora Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
WM: 1d100 ⇒ 62

Pushing ahead here. If Davina wants to post something from before the group departed, feel free.


female strix aerokineticist 2 | HP 21/21 (N/L 2) Burn 1 | AC 16; FF 12; TAC 13 | F +6, Ref +6, Will -1 | Init +5 | Low-Light visions, Darkvision 60 ft, Per +5 (+7 in dim light/darkness)

Kiri had listened intently to Lydia's words, her concern greater than she wanted to admit, and while she did she had shifted position slightly and her hood moved just enough that she could see the acolyte that crept closer. She decided that Leora and Davina could handle questions but she needed to handle this over curious acolyte. She stepped back so that a pillar would obscure the acolyte's view of her and then slipped into the shadowed areas before trying to slip up and the accolyte from behind, hopefully catching them off guard as she had a suspicion this person was up to no good.

Stealth add 2 if dim light: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

At the Manor
Davina was happy to have her friends in the manor with her. The loss of the members of the Raven's hurt. She felt responsible for them as a mother would.

Reading the note from Lydia aloud to the group, she starts to shake. I can't let anything happen to Jess. She's the same age as Kelyan. A young woman like that shouldn't be taking such risks. We've already lost so many. "Let's go talk to Lydia. We have to find her." Looking determined she puts on her armor picks up her weapon and heads out the door.

At the Temple
Davina entered the temple and walks to the alter to pray before speaking with Lydia. Please let us find her safe. We need your guidance.

After hearing what Lydia had to say she thinks for a moment. "We need to check with the Opera society to make sure she made it there, and when she left. That will give us a starting point."


F Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 17, T 10, FF 13 | F+6, R+1, W+9 | Init +0 | Per +6 | Loot Sheet

"Thrune's spies could be anywhere, " Leora agrees as Lydia describes the situation, and hoping that Davina and the priestess catch her hint to be careful about what they are saying, even here. She pointedly ignores Kiri sneaking away to deal with the eavesdropper, and hopes that they do too.

bluff to pass secret message: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Lowering her voice, Leora continues. "Good idea, Davina. Do Triella or any of her friends enjoy the opera? What does Triella look like?" She figures these questions are safe enough, in case they are overheard.

Seven missing in eight days... that's awful! The situation was a lot worse than Leora could have imagined. She hopes none of the other former members of the Ravens, like Dom and Sabrina, are safe, wherever they went.

GM, should we be concerned that you are using Barzillai Thrune as your avatar? ;)


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Songbird Hall

Lydia's description of Triella initially isn't very promising: 19 years old, brunette, average build and height, but then the half-elf drops a couple of things that might be of use in tracking the missing girl down. First, although she's a devotee of Shelyn, Triella's not a true priestess--she's an adept who knows the basics of magic, including a very useful healing spell. Also, the girl has a raven familiar named Blackfeather, which hasn't been seen or heard since Triella went missing. Lastly, Lydia tells you all that Triella and the apothecary apprentice, Gavin Brassvane, were often together discussing the working of magic and planning small-scale heroic ventures in and around the city. She's not certain, but Lydia claims the pair may have developed a romantic bond.

While Lydia agrees about checking with the Opera House Society, she makes another suggestion as well. ”The bakery’s only a block or so south of here. Maybe you folks could start your investigation there before walking to the Opera House Society building, or hooking by there on your way back. I tried to ask the owner, Ortis Denbard, about the disappearances but…well, Ortis is rather bigoted against non-humans and was rather brusque with me. He’ll love Kiri. The other businesses with missing apprentices are all in Redroof. While you speak with Mr. Denbard and the opera house people, I’ll make another quick map with the other businesses marked to aid in your investigation; I gave my previous one to Jessibel.”

Kira and Leora Only:

The young acolyte you've grown suspicious of may now feel the same way toward you: He's rather suddenly decided to do his hymn book organizing/distribution at the other end of the spacious chapel.

Secret GM Rolls:

Dannin Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Dannin Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


F Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 17, T 10, FF 13 | F+6, R+1, W+9 | Init +0 | Per +6 | Loot Sheet

Leora thanks Lydia for the detailed information. "By the way, what can you tell me about the young priest attendant over there arranging the books? He seems pretty interested in our conversation. Is he a friend of Triella's?" She hopes her guess is right. All they need is some other person spying on the few remaining Ravens.

After she is finished talking with Lydia, Leora asks Kiri (once Kiri is done with the snooping acolyte) and Davina "Opera House or Bakery first? Sounds like I might have to talk to this baker guy alone if we go there."

-Posted with Wayfinder


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

"I vote for the bakery first since it's closer. Knowing our Jess she went there before heading to the Opera Society. That baker doesn't know what he's in for when we get there. I'm sure he'll be happy to speak to us.", she laughs.

I have a trait that will let me pass for human with no disguise.


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Songbird Hall

Lydia throw a glance in the acolyte's direction and the young man immediately lowers his eyes guiltily.

"Dannin? He's harmless and totally trustworthy," Lydia tells Leora. "Although...he certainly looks guilty of something at the moment, doesn't he? Dannin! A moment of your time, please...."

It turns out that while young Dannin chats a bit with the missing Triella, he's not close to her and knows nothing of her disappearance. After some pressing by Lydia, he admits, however, that he found Jessibel 'kinda pretty' and watched when she left the temple yesterday.

"She headed south before turning east and heading toward Redroof," the embarrassed fellow admits.

Lydia curses under her breath. "The opera house society's headquarters is northwest in Jarvis End; Jessibel must've decided to do some investigating into the disappearances on her own. She could be anywhere! Perhaps if you ask about her while you inquire into the other missing young people you'll get a clue to her whereabouts."


female strix aerokineticist 2 | HP 21/21 (N/L 2) Burn 1 | AC 16; FF 12; TAC 13 | F +6, Ref +6, Will -1 | Init +5 | Low-Light visions, Darkvision 60 ft, Per +5 (+7 in dim light/darkness)

Kiri was aggravated at the fact the young acolyte noticed what she was up to. Deciding that causing trouble would not be in their best interests she slid the dagger back into it's sheathe before returning to her associates. When she heard what the young man was really doing Kiri looked at him sharply and asked in her piping voice, "If that was all, why were you getting close enough to eavesdrop?" She glared at him from one eye as she continued, "Do you know what we do to over curious hatchlings?" She sent a gust of wind against him, not hard enough to hurt him, but enough to push against him some, "They are thrown from the nest to live or die, this time it seems that you have caught the winds."


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

The corner of Davina's mouth kicks up in a small smile at Kiri's antics, "If you are going to eavesdrop young man, you might want to learn to be a little more subtle." She nods to Lydia. "Let's head in the direction that Jess went and see what we can find. Kiri would you like to lead the way or take the rear?"


female strix aerokineticist 2 | HP 21/21 (N/L 2) Burn 1 | AC 16; FF 12; TAC 13 | F +6, Ref +6, Will -1 | Init +5 | Low-Light visions, Darkvision 60 ft, Per +5 (+7 in dim light/darkness)

She cocked her head to one side and the strix woman responded, "I will let one of you lead the way for now, you know where we are going better than I do." She looked once more at the acolyte and said to him, "Don't worry, I'll let Apprentice know of your desire to mate with her when we find her." With that she made to move to the doorway so they could track down the wayward Apprentice.


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Songbird Hall

"The bakery's on the corner just across the street from where Jessibel turned east," Lydia says. Then she frowns and adds, "Oh, never mind! Stay here a minute or two and I'll make another quick copy of the map I gave Jessi. Dannin! Fetch me a quill, an inkwell, and a piece of parchment--that should give you enough time to stop blushing!"

A couple minutes later the young male apprentice returns with the writing materials and Lydia draws a decent map for you all. "Good luck," the half-elf says somberly. "Keep me updated."

Here's the Temple Hill/Redroof Map for the investigation. I'll ad this link in the Campaign Info tab as well.


F Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 17, T 10, FF 13 | F+6, R+1, W+9 | Init +0 | Per +6 | Loot Sheet

Leora grins at Kiri and Dannin. Thanking Lydia, Leora leads the way to the bakery as the priestess recommended. Although she believes Lydia that Dannin is on their side, Leora decides that she'd rather be cautious, especially with what's happened to the Silver Ravens lately. She takes a circuitous route to the Bakery, trying to make sure that they aren't being followed. Since she is frequently turning around to see if someone is behind them, it's probably pretty obvious to Kiri and Davina (and anyone following them) what she's doing.

stealth to take an indirect path?: 1d20 ⇒ 5
perception to see if anyone is following: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

GM, Leora would either go east or west a street or two and/or walk through the alleys to get to Kintargo's Best Breads. Not sure if the stealth check is necessary.


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

The Streets of Temple Hill

Leora's roundabout route to the bakery reveals nothing out of the ordinary; it appears that no one is following your group either.

The enticing scent of freshly-baked bread wafts from a shop a red sign with gold letters declares to be Kintargo’s Best Breads. A large hand-drawn cart rests just outside the front door. It, too, is emblazoned with the bakery’s name. As you approach, a pair of teenagers—one boy and one girl—exits the shop bearing large baskets covered with cloth. They load the baskets onto the cart as you near the front door.


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

"That smells wonderful. How are you today?" Davina asks the teenagers. "We're looking for a friend of ours. A pretty bard. Have you seen anyone like that?"


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Kintargo's Best Breads

The two teens greet Davina warmly and take pride in her complimenting the smell of the bread, claiming that they baked that batch themselves. When Davina asks about a pretty bard, the teens say that they get a decent amount of business from the priests and priestesses of Songbird Hall and their guests and devotees, but when Davina gives a more detailed description of Jessibel they both shake their heads. They are only part-time apprentices, however, and might've missed the bard's visit; they suggest your trio go inside and speak to the owner, Ortis Denbard.


female strix aerokineticist 2 | HP 21/21 (N/L 2) Burn 1 | AC 16; FF 12; TAC 13 | F +6, Ref +6, Will -1 | Init +5 | Low-Light visions, Darkvision 60 ft, Per +5 (+7 in dim light/darkness)

As they reached the bakery Kiri made it a point to stay unobtrusive and find a good spot to keep watch from. She spotted a shadowed alley and moved to it, slipping into the darkness to watch fro signs of any trouble that might be sneaking up on them.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Lol, talk about extremes when it comes to rolls, a nat 20 and then a nat 1


F Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 17, T 10, FF 13 | F+6, R+1, W+9 | Init +0 | Per +6 | Loot Sheet

"Thanks," Leora says to the teenagers as she and Davina go inside.
"Good afternoon, how are you today?" she asks the owner. "I'd like a half-dozen rolls, please." Some food will probably come in handy... I bet the people in Red Roof could use some bread, if that's where Jessi's trail leads us.

After he finishes getting the bread and Leora pays, she continues. "We're looking for a friend of ours who went missing. She's a young, pretty bard. We know she visited Songbird Hall yesterday, but we haven't seen her since."


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

Someone mentioned she was headed in this direction. So here we are in your wonderful smelling shop. Have you seen her? Davina gives a descriptive Jessica.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Kintargo's Best Breads

Kiri makes herself scarce but doesn't see anything alarming or even out of the usual.

Ortis Denbard proves to be a slightly potbellied, gray-haired man in his early 50s. His eyes are a bit on the suspicious side, and his demeanor is no-nonsense.

"She a friend of that troublemaker Winters girl?" the baker asks as he listens to Davina's description of Jessi. Then he shakes his head before gathering the rolls Leora ordered.

"She don't sound familiar," the man growls. His eyes turn momentarily optimistic as he adds, "I don't suppose my weepy little apprentice, Naomi, is hiding out at Songbird Hall, eh? I gave her a bit of grief about burning a batch of rolls two days ago and she hasn't been back to work since. She's about as sensitive as a pimple on the ass, if you get my drift. Still, I worry, ya know?"


F Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 17, T 10, FF 13 | F+6, R+1, W+9 | Init +0 | Per +6 | Loot Sheet

"Naomi? No, funny you mention her though. Our friend at Songbird Hall said she was worried because she thought some other people had gone missing, like Naomi and Triella Winters. In fact, let's see. She gave us a list. There's six people she knew of missing, plus our bard friend, which makes seven. If you know anything about any of this, it might help us find all of them." Leora tries to convince Ortis to share any information he has, hoping she has better luck than Lydia did.


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Ortis grows troubled when he hears just how many young people are missing in the neighborhood.

”Hmm, those might be the no-account friends she hangs out with—I know she chums with the Pinch gal at the very least. Hope they didn’t do anything stupid like running away…or sneaking out after curfew. Dammit—I bet that’s what happened: They got pinched by the dottari for breaking curfew and got locked up for a couple nights.”

The baker returns the money Leora paid for her rolls (saying that she and Davina will need to keep up their strength during the search) and asks her to keep him informed if she learns anything else. He also begrudgingly agrees to pay any fine or bail required if his apprentice indeed got picked up for breaking curfew.

Where to next? The two obvious choices would be NW to see if Jessi ever checked in at the Kintargo Opera House Society or east into Redroof where most of the places marked on Lydia's map are located.


F Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 17, T 10, FF 13 | F+6, R+1, W+9 | Init +0 | Per +6 | Loot Sheet

After she and Davina go outside, Leora looks around for Kiri but doesn't notice her until she comes out of her hiding place. She fills Kiri in on the conversation from the Bakery.

"My gut tells me Jessi went to Redroof and we should head there. But do you think it's worth stopping by the Opera House first?" Leora asks her friends.

-Posted with Wayfinder


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

Davina leans against the building and enjoys the sun for a moment, "I think we should double check with the Opera Society just in case she made it there. We know we'll be heading into Redroof at some point. It would be nice to know if we're also looking for Jess or just the other missing young people."


female strix aerokineticist 2 | HP 21/21 (N/L 2) Burn 1 | AC 16; FF 12; TAC 13 | F +6, Ref +6, Will -1 | Init +5 | Low-Light visions, Darkvision 60 ft, Per +5 (+7 in dim light/darkness)

Kiri nodded in agreement with the plan, a motion that caused her whole upper body to bob slightly, "Yes, Opera society first, then Redroof, they may know something that will help."


F Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 17, T 10, FF 13 | F+6, R+1, W+9 | Init +0 | Per +6 | Loot Sheet

Leora is glad she asked for her more level-headed friends' opinions before rushing off to Redroof. "Okay, the Opera Society it is!" She takes point in leading the group towards the Opera House, again trying to stay out of the main roads and watching for anyone following them.

stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 7
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Haha, yuck!


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Kintargo Opera House Society Headquarters (Jarvis End)

When your trio enters the new Kintargo Opera House Society headquarters, you’re greeted by a friendly but slightly suspicious woman at the front desk. When you ask about Jessibel, the lady frowns, asks you to wait in the lobby for a few minutes, and then vanishes into a back room. A few minutes later she returns in the company of two teenaged girls, whom Leora recognizes as Jenni and Kathie, the gals who helped do her hair and makeup on the night of the fateful Vashnarstill twins double-date.

”No, Jessi never showed up here yesterday,” Jenni informs the visitors. "We expected her to stop by but realize she's often busy with family matters or other affairs. She's not in any trouble, is she?"


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

Davina smiles kindly at the teens, "Not from us. We haven't seen her for a couple of days, and thought we'd check in here. We assumed she was busy with Society business. Do you have any idea where she might be?" They probably don't know anything, but it never hurts to ask. I don't want to worry the girls or scare them into not telling me what they know.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Kintargo Opera House Society Headquarters (Jarvis End)

"Hmm...my best guess would be that her mother or the Archbaroness herself needed Jess for some job or errand," Kathie says. "If you see her before we do, tell her she's missed around here!"

Where would you all like to go next?


F Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 17, T 10, FF 13 | F+6, R+1, W+9 | Init +0 | Per +6 | Loot Sheet

Assuming there are no more questions for Kathie and Jenni-

"It was good seeing you again! We'll tell Jessi to come back soon."

Following Davina and Kiri outside, Leora unfolds Lydia's map and asks "Welp, shall we head right to Redroof, or should we talk to any of the other places where people went missing? Depending on the route we take, we could stop at one of the places where someone went missing if you guys want to gather more info. " Leora's impulsive nature tells her to hurry up and find Jessi and the missing teens already, but if so many already were captured, maybe it is worth it to do their homework before diving headfirst into a dangerous situation.

Not sure where the Opera Society is on the map, but the R's are Redroof. It wouldn't be hard to hit up C, D, E, or F depending on where in Redroof we try to go.


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

Davina looks over Leora's shoulder as they examine the map, "Let's do some research. We don't know where to look other than Redroof. Any more information we can find will be helpful. Why don't we head to Infamous Footwear, and make our way south from there?"

Let's run north to south heading to C first.


female strix aerokineticist 2 | HP 21/21 (N/L 2) Burn 1 | AC 16; FF 12; TAC 13 | F +6, Ref +6, Will -1 | Init +5 | Low-Light visions, Darkvision 60 ft, Per +5 (+7 in dim light/darkness)

Kiri allowed the humans to do the talking, staying back in the shadows as much as possible and keeping watch for any trouble as they questioned the girls. As they looked at the map Kiri couldn't help but wonder what was really going on, why these people went missing, and where Apprentice was. "It seems that any place we know she's been is a good place to start, though we don't likely need to worry about anyplace after here, she obviously disappeared at some point between the last place and this one. Does any of her most likely route between there and here pass close to the Red Roof District?"


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Two votes for Infamous Footwear carries the day. Also, I've set up the current battlemap on Roll20 (linked both HERE and beneath my alias). Apparently I need you folks to join the game before I can assign tokens.

Kintargo's Redroof District (Not Far from Infamous Footwear)

As your group nears the footwear shop, a deep gruff voice suddenly calls out from behind, ”Oi! ‘Scuse me there! I’ve a question that praps ye might be able to answer.”

The speaker is a slightly unkempt dwarf whose braided hair and beard are rusty orange in color. He’s accompanied by a slightly smaller dwarf whose unbraided hair and beard are a rich brown. The speaker holds a strange tool or weapon in his hands: a length of chain attached to a heavy metal sphere. The fellow stares at your group intensely…especially at Kiri. He looks vaguely familiar.

The slight jangle of chain mail and the thump of heavy footsteps warn you of an ambush as four more dwarves—these ones wielding nets—begin to emerge from nearby alley mouths in an attempt to surround your group! The handful of common folk nearby look rather alarmed and prepare to make themselves scarce.

The leader suddenly snaps his ball-and-chain weapon outward, landing the heavy sphere part inches from the strix's feet, flashing a mirthless grin. “Twould be a shame for ye to be tendin’ a buncha bruises an’ broken bones for the next couple weeks,” he snarls at Kiri.

Kiri Only:

You realize the dwarf likely could've broken your foot if he'd wanted to: this is a dangerous foe!

You are shaken for 5 rounds. (The dwarf rolled a natural 20 on his Intimidate check to demoralize.)

Only Kiri (and a certain someone else) noticed that the two dwarves were up to something before he called out. I also took the liberty to start the dwarf thug's surprise round actions (moving out of the alleys) a bit out of initiative order so you'd know their general positions; each has 5 feet of movement left in the surprise round.

INITIATIVE ORDER (Surprise Round; bolded may act/post)
Dwarf Leader (already acted)
Kiri
T’chazzar
Leora
Davina
Dwarf Thugs

Secret GM Rolls:

Falbrand (Dwarf Leader) Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Dwarf Thug Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Davina Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kiri Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Leora Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
T’chazzar Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Davina Perception (to notice trailing dwarves): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Kiri Perception (to notice trailing dwarves): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Leora Perception (to notice trailing dwarves): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Davina Perception (to recognize Falbrand; distracted): 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 5 = 7
Kiri Perception (to recognize Falbrand; distracted): 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 5 = 3
Leora Perception (to recognize Falbrand; distracted): 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 5 = 1
Falbrand Disguise (take 10): 10 + 1 = 11
Falbrand Perception (to notice Leora wearing Kossrani’s armor; distracted): 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 5 = 14
Falbrand Intimidate (demoralize): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

EDIT: I still need Roll20 IDs for Davina and T'chazzar.


female strix aerokineticist 2 | HP 21/21 (N/L 2) Burn 1 | AC 16; FF 12; TAC 13 | F +6, Ref +6, Will -1 | Init +5 | Low-Light visions, Darkvision 60 ft, Per +5 (+7 in dim light/darkness)

Kiri barely realized what happened when the dwarves accosted them. She was so off guard that the steel ball slamming don right near her feet left her shaken as she knew the kind of damage blunt objects could do to her body. She quickly began formulating a plan and looked to the building beside her.

Before I do more I need to know how high the building beside me is and what kind of roof it has. It'll be fairly late before I can post again due to it being game night.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap
Kiri Windfeather wrote:


Before I do more I need to know how high the building beside me is and what kind of roof it has.

The three buildings to the immediate south of the party are narrow two-story brick houses; you can assume a front and back door and a few windows on each. They're 20 ft. tall, not including the sloping red tile roof (the line on each building is the roof's peak).

And one important bit of information I forgot to include previously:

Each of the dwarves emerging from the nearby alleys wields a rope net.


female strix aerokineticist 2 | HP 21/21 (N/L 2) Burn 1 | AC 16; FF 12; TAC 13 | F +6, Ref +6, Will -1 | Init +5 | Low-Light visions, Darkvision 60 ft, Per +5 (+7 in dim light/darkness)

Seeing what she was looking for the winds began to swirl in around her with crushing force as she leaped from the ground for the roof nearby.

Acrobatics with Air's Leap and 1 pt of burn (dc 25?): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 18
Air's leap and a point of burn basically quadruples the distance per point of my check. For simplifying the dc it's 1 pt per foot so 20 feet up is a dc of 20 +5 for the horizontal distance (only halved, not quartered for simplicity) makes the total check a 25 Gonna need a high check to make it but it is possible. I'm only guessing here so please tell me what I actually got, other than not enough.


Male Drow Paladin (Gray Paladin, Tempered Champion) 2 | 12/16 HP | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +6 | Darkness 0/1 | Lay on Hands 2/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: 1 Dex damage

A hooded figure rushes in from the west, at the dwarves. Someone just off the street wouldn't already have a sword and shield at the ready, so the newcomer must've known in advance that something was happening - but he clearly is no friend of the dwarves.

"Shouldn't have talked about your plans in the open earlier," he says as he moves to threaten one of the dwarves.

Surprise round, moving to close toward melee range - can't go far enough to get there in one move.


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

I've logged into Roll20.


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Kintargo's Redroof District (Not Far from Infamous Footwear)

"Yeah...I'm guessin' that's a strix," the redhead dwarf's companion drawls in amusement as Kiri hurtles skyward like a pheasant flushed out of some reeds. His smile dies on his lips, however, as the hooded stranger intervenes.

NOTES: Finished the dwarf thug's surprise round moves. The results of Kiri's leap are still (sorry, couldn't resist)...up in the air (but it doesn't appear that her leap will carry her entirely to the home's rooftop).

INITIATIVE ORDER (** ROUND ONE **; bolded may act/post)
Dwarf Leader (already acted)
Kiri
T’chazzar
Leora
Davina
Dwarf Thugs

The redhaired dwarf curses in Dwarven as his quarry soars skyward and then quickly reels in his steel sphere weapon while growling for his nearby comrade to "Deal with the hooded annoyance!" The leader takes a couple of steps east, readying his weapon should Kiri come back into range.


Male Drow Paladin (Gray Paladin, Tempered Champion) 2 | 12/16 HP | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +6 | Darkness 0/1 | Lay on Hands 2/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: 1 Dex damage

The newcomer steps up next to one of the dwarf thugs near the leader. Wordlessly, he lashes out with a functional, guard-handled backsword that has a dark gray iron blade, stabbing at the dwarf's hands and then his face.

Shortsword attack vs. Dwarf Thug: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Probably a miss.

Shortsword damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Kintargo's Redroof District (Not Far from Infamous Footwear)

The dark stranger's thrust barely clips the dwarf's shoulder, rebounding harmlessly off the chain shirt the bearded ambusher wears. The other dwarves are similarly armored, and the net-wielders also have stout warhammers dangling at their hips.


F Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 17, T 10, FF 13 | F+6, R+1, W+9 | Init +0 | Per +6 | Loot Sheet

Leora hadn't realized what was going on right away. Although she'd been careful to avoid large crowds on their way to Infamous Footwear, she'd fallen right into the dwarf's trap. Belatedly, she notices the stranger stepping in to help and decides that if he's fighting the dwarves, then he must be on their side.

"Hey! Stay alert, these guys are up to no good!" Leora smashes a vial, filling the alley with a peppermint spell and making her friends and the newcomer more energetic. Casting bless on the party, +1 to attacks and saves vs fear.

Finally, Leora sees that Kiri and the leader are in some sort of standoff, so she intercepts the nearest thug before he goes after Kiri or Davina.

bluff to disguise bless spell as alchemy, DC12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Using spellcraft allows someone to identify the spell normally, but the observer must beat the required spellcraft check by 10 to realize it is divine magic if Leora makes the check.

bless - 20 rounds remaining


Male Drow Paladin (Gray Paladin, Tempered Champion) 2 | 12/16 HP | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +6 | Darkness 0/1 | Lay on Hands 2/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: 1 Dex damage

The hooded stranger slashes and then stabs again at the dwarf, keeping constant pressure up.

Shortsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Shortsword damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


AC 17, touch 12, FF 15 | HP 17/18 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Per +6 | Int +2 Davina's Notes Aasimar Inspiration: 3/3 Panache 5/5 Investigator 1 (Infiltrator), Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade) Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13

Davina moves into position to flank with Leora. "Whatever did we do to you?" She attacks the the dwarf with her rapier.

Rapier: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Rapier Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Sigh


Lydia's Map | Roll20 Battlemap

Kintargo's Redroof District (Not Far from Infamous Footwear) *Round One cont'd.*

The dwarves don't even bat a hairy eyelash at Leora's I'm-Not-a-Cleric shenanigans, apparently not caring what particular sort of magic-wielder the woman is. When Davina punctuates her question with a well-placed stab with her rapier, the dwarf she's wounded replies, "Stabbed me in the shoulder with yer sissy li'l elf blade, fer starters!" Although the stout humanoid's trying to make light of the wound, his eyes betray the first glint of fear that maybe he and his mates have bitten off more than they can chew here.

Speaking of his mates...the net-wielders were all original eyeballing Kiri when they burst from the shadows. Now they seem to be considering whether or not to use the snares on the strix's dangerous companions.

Waiting on an action/saving throw from Kiri; also, T'chazzar already attacked once this round (unless I missed something), so he can save that attack for next round.


Male Drow Paladin (Gray Paladin, Tempered Champion) 2 | 12/16 HP | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +6 | Darkness 0/1 | Lay on Hands 2/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: 1 Dex damage

Sorry, my bad - I saw my name bolded on an initiative list and reacted reflexively. ;)

1 to 50 of 560 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Madness in Kintargo (GM Silversong) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.