Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

MUMMY'S MASK ADVENTURE PATH - GM JSCOT

Game Master Jeremy Packer

ROUND 2

  • 12 - CHUI NYEUSI
  • 12 - BAMBARA THE FIERCE
  • 12 - ALEX TRAZA
  • 8 - GIANT BUG
  • 5 - HARMINI WAKESTEP

Health & Conditions:
IN MARCHING ORDER
  • Chui Nyeusi – 19/19
  • Bambara The Fierce – 30/30
  • Alex Traza – 12/12
  • Harmini Wakestep – 18/18
  • Alabaster – 9/9

DAMAGED OPPONENTS
  • Giant Bug - 23 damage

ROLL 20 Map


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,119 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

My great warrior, did I hear your rumbling call? Though I can only assume your pitch was off because of the needs you have.

Babzaki strides gracefully down the stairs, her light leather armor fit perfectly to her form. Hanging from her neck is the beautiful lapis and carnelian pendant given to her by Chui.

As you can see it looks as beautiful on. Perhaps I should thank you properly again, if you are heading home rather than to work?


Oh dear Bastet, leather armor and perfectly spaced little cat toes!

Heading home my dear, please lead the way

I suspect that I may be tad fatigued when I meet up with my colleagues in the morning. Ah well, all in a good cause.

About an hour later, a group of concerned local citizens begins composing a petition to the authorities expressing their annoyance about certain forms of noise pollution in the neighborhood.

Dark Archive

Toilday, 17 Pharast, 4714

The next morning the members of Perilous Forays Inc. LLC (trademark pending) gather outside the Tooth and Hookah. First stop is the Grand Mausoleum to re-register as a new group. The Pharasmins easily note the change and the group heads out. Next stop, supplies.

The group makes its way to the Sun Market to gather some final supplies. The bustle is surprisingly light, though the word on everyones lips is about the excavations. Supplies are easily found and soon the group is ready.

With fresh supplies and a new name, the group makes its way into the necropolis. Chui easily follows the map to the site they were assigned, the House of Pentheru. Once within sight of the estate, the group stops and gathers their wits in preparation.

Sandstone walls ten feet high enclose this estate, affording those who once lived inside some privacy. A two-story stone house is visible beyond the walls, adjoining the rear wall of the property. In the center of the estate’s southern wall stands a pair of tarnished bronze gates hanging partially open. A pair of statues flanks the gate. Dusty hieroglyphs are carved into the wall at eye level to the left of the gate.

The group has not officially approached the property at this point, though the map shows you right nest to it. We can proceed from here after we hear from Alex and Bambara on the discussion about any purchases they made. Good Luck!

EDIT: We are good. The crew can move ahead with the adventure.

Grand Lodge

F Aasimar Dragon Mystery Oracle

Well look at that! They left the gate open and everything. If only it was always this easy. Chui, do you want to have a quick look inside the gate?

While Chui is doing his thing I get out a giant bag of peanuts and begin munching.

Ugg, with the way this transformation burns through the food I eat its a wonder I survive the night with only one snack. You ready for this Bambara?


I nod my head and rustle my leaves a bit.
Bambara protect friends. Bambara ready for anything.
Bambara hope Alex got plenty food
Harmany know Bambara not weed? Bambara wanted show talent last night. Bambara sorry scare you.
after saying that I start to head onto the property behind Chui.


I'm still seeing the Tooth and Hookah map on roll20. Should I be seeing something else at this point, or are we going forward without a roll20 map for the moment?

Dark Archive

Chui Nyeusi wrote:
I'm still seeing the Tooth and Hookah map on roll20. Should I be seeing something else at this point, or are we going forward without a roll20 map for the moment?

Opps, the teleportation spell failed. Let's try again.


OK, it's all dark now. I don't see my avatar or anything else.

Dark Archive

One more try?


i am heading to work i am flying blind as far as map goes

Grand Lodge

F Aasimar Dragon Mystery Oracle

As the only person who can see the map, I boldly walk through the open gate and step in, looking around for anything interesting.

Ahh, must of had a rough night. I'll take this one and he can take over once things get more shade filled.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Dark Archive

Alex Traza wrote:

As the only person who can see the map, I boldly walk through the open gate and step in, looking around for anything interesting.

Ahh, must of had a rough night. I'll take this one and he can take over once things get more shade filled.

[dice=Perception]1d20+5

Hold on... Chui should be able to see it. Let's not jump the gun because of a technical glitch.

Grand Lodge

F Aasimar Dragon Mystery Oracle

OK, I'm back eating peanuts


Heading home from work after hour-long online meeting filled with salesperson gibberish, will be online a little later this evening.


Chui rubs the sleep out of his eyes and takes another swig from the flask of Mwangi coffee that he filled up back at the Tooth & Hookah.

OK, let's see how many forms of painful death I can find between here and the front door. Bambara, try to stay at least 15 feet behind me unless we're sure a door is clear. It's a blast radius thing.

Chui carefully moves through the front gate and up to the base of the stairs.

Taking 20 on Perception gives me a result of 26


ok chui bambara stay away
please keep my explore distance set at 15 ft from chui
I rustle wy way up to chui 15 ft away of course

Dark Archive

Dust and sand cover the ground of this small courtyard. To the east and west stand pairs of columns, once brightly painted and now bleached from the sun, which support stone archways leading to other section of the property. Tarnished bronze gates hang open under both arches. To the north, a small flight of steps leads up to a pair of ornate doors in the south wall of the house between another set of columns.

Everyone but Chui, give me PERCEPTION checks. And while we are at it, everyone give me initiative.


The necropolis, a party that never stops!

Initiative:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


it nice day to be with friends.what going on here?

requested rolls:
perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19
initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Grand Lodge

F Aasimar Dragon Mystery Oracle

Im keeping my Perception check

initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Witch (Hex Channeler)

Perception:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Initiative:
1d20 ⇒ 16

Dark Archive

Alex and Chui:
As Chui crosses the threshold of the gate you begin to hear what sounds like a mob approaching. Quickly the sound rises as though the mod is surrounding the estate, though there is no sign of anyone else in the area.

Chui, you may go. If possible you can make a Knowledge (religion) check to identify what is going on.


Can I guess it’s a haunt and yell that, evem if I don’t have knowledge (religion)?

Dark Archive

Chui Nyeusi wrote:
Can I guess it’s a haunt and yell that, evem if I don’t have knowledge (religion)?

Sure you would know it's a haunt but not much more than that.


Chui stops in his tracks and yells ...

Haunt!

I hate these things!

Assuming that I can take actions now

Move action - retrieve holy water from bandolier

Standard action - toss holy water into center of the courtyard

Attack:
holy water toss 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

5 ft. step back towards outer doors (moved my avatar on the map)

Dark Archive

Chui Nyeusi wrote:

Chui stops in his tracks and yells ...

Haunt!

I hate these things!

Assuming that I can take actions now

Move action - retrieve holy water from bandolier

Standard action - toss holy water into center of the courtyard

** spoiler omitted **

5 ft. step back towards outer doors (moved my avatar on the map)

Sorry, I should have been more clear on this. It is a surprise round, so only move or standard. Not both. The 5 ft. step still works.


Not a problem, I should have realized this myself.

Chui pulls out flask of holy water and takes a 5 ft. step.

Dark Archive

The sound of banging coming from the hanging gates is jarring and it sounds like an angry crowd gathering around you. Suddenly a woman's voice can be heard, it is loud and seems to originate from near Chui.

Eaqad albawabata! La tadeu lahum dakhil almajamae!

Ancient Osirian:
Hold the gates! Don't let them inside the compound!

Chui and Bambara, please give me a WILL save. It is a mind-affecting fear effect if that applies.


will save:
save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Will save:
1d20 ⇒ 16

Dark Archive

Bambara and Chui:
For a moment you feel a chill run down your back. Chui's hair raises briefly and Bambara's leaves rustle. You grit your teeth and resist the urge to run and eventually the feeling passes.

We can come down out of initiative as the immediate danger is over. Anyone may now give me a SPELLCRAFT check and/or a KNOWLEDGE (RELIGION) check.

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Witch (Hex Channeler)

Spellcraft:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Knowledge (Religion):
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Harmini will also take this opportunity to cast Mage Armor on herself.

Eerie... Lucky for us it was just harmless ghosts.

Grand Lodge

F Aasimar Dragon Mystery Oracle

We're not even in the door yet! Is everyone alright?

Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Dark Archive

Harmini:
The haunt appears to have an effect similar to a Cause Fear spell, but its seems both Bambara and Chui resisted the effect.

As for the haunt itself, you would know that it is not purged at this point but will be dormant for a while, most likely one day. From what you have observed and what you have learned this seems like the result of unquiet spirits left from the Plague of Madness. It would appear this house was attacked during that time.

If you were to guess how to put the spirits to rest, you would need to repair the gates and anoint it with some holy water. Otherwise the spirits will continue to haunt this site.

Alex:
Haunts are the result of unquiet dead, but are not fully and undead creature.


After the leaves stop and the urge subsides
Bambara no scared. We go forward now?
I wait for chui's lead before i continue

Dark Archive

For reference, North is up on the map. I didn't mess with this one.

Chui:
The doors to the north is closed but leads into the manor itself. The doors to the east and west hang ajar and seem to head into the courtyards of some kind.


I'm not sure I look good with my fur all fuzzy and sticking out. Haunts play havoc with a tom's grooming.

MROW, that gets the blood flowing.

Yep, I'm in favor of charging madly ahead, but first I'd like to hear from our two brainiacs.

Chui carefully moves back to the base of the steps and inspects the doors from a distance of 5 ft.


I would like to see what's on the other side of the partly ajar sets of doors to the east and west as I don't like leaving potential threats on our flanks or in our rear as we go forward.

I've got to go run some errands, so I'll be offline for a bit.

Grand Lodge

F Aasimar Dragon Mystery Oracle

Ok Chui, make sure those things are out of our rear.


Bambara help?
I start to follow chui but stay 15 ft behind him just in case

Dark Archive

Guys, I am glad we are excited to be into the crawl, but lets make sure people are getting a chance to post. Chui specifically asked for people to give input, let those people that can provide that input a chance to respond.


Back - I don't think either Alex nor Harmini have told us the results of their knowledge checks. That's primarily what I was waiting to hear. Once they've told us what they know, we can decide what we want to do with the now dormant haunt.

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Witch (Hex Channeler)

Harmini takes a few steps slowly inside.

Undead spirits linger here. "Hold the gates! Don't let them inside the compound" they cried. Obviously, helpless to prevent their own demise... Haunts are often the result of some great tragedy. I'd expect more jarring surprises as we venture further in.

She looks at the gate for several moments and touches it gently.

The permanent solution to quieting the malcontent souls would be by mending this gate...

She then looks to the others.

They seem very eager to rush into the face of danger. I hope they don't plan on injuring themselves too much. I'd rather spend my time gathering whatever knowledge this place has to offer.

Or not... Feel free to lead on at your leisure, Chui. The threat here has passed. For now.


That Traza is a funny, funny lady. I hope nobody puts a strong emtic in her food. Now, that would be funny.

I suggest we put the poor souls to rest (yadda, yadda) on our way out so as not to slow us down at this point.

Anyone got anything on the what the haunt was saying, some historical thing or another that might be important?

[b]Let's go to west first since it's the closest of the two sets of ajar doors.[b]

Chui carefully moves 5 ft. to the west (avatar moved) and Takes 20 with a Perception check (final result 26) at the doors.


didnt harmany say hold gates or somfin
I follow behind chui munching on some of my food

Grand Lodge

F Aasimar Dragon Mystery Oracle

I finish my bag of peanuts and pull out another. And I third to Harmini, who is next to me.

Oh, you need the gate mended and that will quiet the dead? I can try that.

I cast Mending and see if there is a noticeable effect on the old metal gate.

Grand Lodge

F Aasimar Dragon Mystery Oracle

Based on what you said about mending not working I'm just going to move on unless my mending triggers the curse on the gate.

After failing to fix the gate, I throw my hands up and step back.

Well, looks like I need something stronger to fix this with magic and fixing it the old-fashioned way will take a while. If this thing happens every time we get near the gate do we want to throw a knotted rope over the wall? Its not like the home owners will call the guards.

I watch the Ghoran heroically walk a ways behind Chui.

Did you scare those ghosts away Bambara? Did you scare them with your mighty sword?

Dark Archive

Chui:
The western side of the estate forms an L-shaped yard mostly given to sand, sun-dried earth, and the ancient husks of dead trees. Stone benches line the walls of the yard, and a large tiled pool sits in the southwest corner, dried and partially filled with sand.

As you scan around, you pick up the scent of some large bug. It appears to be hiding in the pool, though it is far too big to efficiently in such a shallow place.

GM Roll:
1d20 ⇒ 6


F***ing bugs! Why so few tasty warm-blooded mammals?

Bambara! Front and center! There is a very big bug in yon pool. Please go and attack it head-on while I slip around its flanks.

Grand Lodge

F Aasimar Dragon Mystery Oracle

Save some of those flanks for me.

Crunchy on the outside, gooey on the inside.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,119 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MUMMY'S MASK ADVENTURE PATH - GM JSCOT Game Play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.