Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

MUMMY'S MASK ADVENTURE PATH - GM JSCOT

Game Master Jeremy Packer

ROUND 2

  • 19 - CHUI NYEUSI
  • 18 - HESHSHARU
  • 14 - BAMBARA THE FIERCE
  • 14 - HARMINI WAKESTEP
  • 10 - ALEX TRAZA

Health & Conditions:
IN MARCHING ORDER
  • Chui Nyeusi – 19/19
  • Bambara The Fierce – 30/30
  • Alex Traza – 12/12
  • Harmini Wakestep – 18/18
  • Alabaster – 9/9

DAMAGED OPPONENTS
  • HESHSHARU - 0 damage

ROLL 20 Map


451 to 500 of 1,166 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Witch (Hex Channeler)

Initiative:
1d20 ⇒ 19

Dark Archive

As the party advances there is a sudden spray of dirt as a large beetle bursts from the wall. It appears to have been burrowing behind the walls. Then again around the corner, another spray comes in front of Wynrey.

Combat begins. Harmini, it is your turn.

GM Rolls:
  • 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
  • 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
  • 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
  • 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
  • 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
  • 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

Beetles! I want yummy, warmed-blooded mammals!

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Witch (Hex Channeler)

Harmini shouts at her familiar before moving to investigate.

ALABASTER! What is all that noise!?

Move action - move 15' up.

Oh dear...

Standard action (move action) - draw wand of cure light wounds.

Dark Archive

A gland on each of the head of the bettles glows with a warm red light. The bettle to the west, around the corner from Wynrey steps in to Wynrey and tries to bite her. The mandibles scrape her armor but otherwise leave her undamaged.

Beetle Bite:
  • Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
  • Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

These creatures are SMALL sized, just to be clear.

Chui:
Chui can smell there are more of these beetles coming from the west of his current position but it is unclear where they may appear.

Chui, it is your turn.


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

Five foot step up and full attack.

Attack:
Bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Attack:
Claw 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Attack:
Claw 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Hopefully, one, maybe two hits, and beetle bits will go flying.

Dark Archive

Chui steps up and lays into the bug. His bite fails to find it's purchase but both claws rip into it's shell and the bettle falls twitching on the floor while its blood and innards run out on the floor.

Elendra, your turn.


I think you guys got this situation under control
elendra delays

Dark Archive

Wynrey, your turn.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Elf Unbreakable Fighter/1

I attack the bug in front of me.

Katana slice: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Oh nice! Their antennas make great back scratchers.

Dark Archive

Wynrey, please roll damage.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Elf Unbreakable Fighter/1

I smart. Real smart.

delayed slice: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Dark Archive

Wynrey's katana slices into the beetle in front of him and like it's companion it slumps to the floor and begins to bleed.

Then suddenly from the end of the unfinished hall, another beetle bursts from the wall and charges at Harmini. It makes an attempt to bite her but she deftly steps aside.

Beetle Bite:
  • Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
  • Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The beetle at Chui's feet continues to bleed.

Beetle Stabilize:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

It will be Harmini's turn, unless Elendra wishes to step in now.

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Witch (Hex Channeler)

AAAH! There's more of these things over here! Come quickly!

Harmini retreats into the previous room and attempts to hide.

Full Round Action - Withdraw and stealth.

Stealth:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Dark Archive

Beetle (red) Stabilize:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

The beetle at Wynrey's feet continues to bleed then suddenly behind her a fourth beetle appears as it bursts from the floor. It strikes out at her with it's bite, tearing through her armor. Blood runs down her arm from the wound but she is far from out of the fight.

Beetle (green) Attack:
  • Bite - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
  • Damage - 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

It would be Chui's turn unless Elendra wishes to come out of hold.


elendra maintains delay until after chui

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Elf Unbreakable Fighter/1

It's just a scratch...four inches into my abdomen. Just remember what Candi said, "Pain is temporary, you need to ignore it until the fight is over then you can get healed. Flinch and you could die." Gotta keep fighting. Suck it up and fight Wynrey!


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

I think Candi would be more likely to say "Pain is for the other guys."

Time to pay the price for my Cruelty drawback

Can I take a five diagonal steep and then full attack from the square next to the green beetle?

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Elf Unbreakable Fighter/1

You're right, that is what Candi said. This will be addressed on my turn.

Dark Archive

Chui, go for it!


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

Chui steps up past the oozing beetle at his feet in order to attack the critter which just injured Wynrey.

Just one more tickle would have been fun

Attack:
Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6) = 8

Attack:
Claw 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (3) = 8

Attack:
Claw 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (2) = 7


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

FWIW, I'm on the train, 15 minutes north of Richmond right now

Dark Archive

Chui's teeth get a grip on the beetle but don't break it's hard shell. Still his claws both dig in, hitting extremely vital spots. The beelte twitches as it's blood and core covers Chui's hands and arms.

Elendra, your action.


elendra steps forward 5 feet, says a quick prayer before trying to imitate Chui.
please if you care about me at all let this work

2 Claws:

claw: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -11d4 ⇒ 1
claw: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (17) - 4 = 131d4 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Elendra's hands slash across the beetle's back but she lacks the power to crack it.

Wynrey, your turn. Assuming you are awake after yesterday.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Elf Unbreakable Fighter/1

I'm up I promise!

Wait, that's not right. What did she say again? Oh yes!

Pain is for my enemies!

Yeah...something like that

I spin around swing low, aiming for the bugs legs.

Spinning Slice Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Dark Archive

Wynrey charges back through the hidden passage and swings her sword low. The blade cleaves through the legs of the bug and catches part of it's side as it falls. Blood spills and covers her sword as she turns again.

No enemies standing, so unless necessary we can be out of combat.


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

Chui grins broadly as he finishes off those beetles which weren't fully dead.

Well that was violent, confusing, and jolly fun!

Can someone kiss Wynrey's boo-boo and make it all better?

And while that's going on, I'll take a little peek ahead.

Chui moves carefully up past the last beetle corpse until he can see down the hall to north.

I moved my icon on roll20, and I'll wait here until everyone is ready to move forward.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Elf Unbreakable Fighter/1

I lean against the wall and slump down slightly as the adrenaline wears off and throbbing pain pushes itself through my body.

Uugh, I'm really feeling it now. That a*@%~%~ chomped right through my chain shirt. Cheap piece of junk!

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Witch (Hex Channeler)

Once the sounds of combat cease, Harmini comes out of hiding and rejoins the group with Alabaster in tow.

Eww... What a mess... glad I was able to avoid them at least.

Are they all gone now? Oh my! Wynrey, my poor dear you look positively dreadful! Please allow me to help.

She activates her wand of cure light wounds and points it at Wynrey.

Wynrey:
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

Wynrey's wounds close quickly with the help of Harmini's magic. Under the damage in the armor now is shown smooth dark skin.

Chui:
Ahead of you is what appears to be another door, similar in size and design to the one you recently opened, except from this side it is plan to see. This appears to be a hidden hallway of some kind, but where it leads is still unknown. And with the beetles still, it seems unusually quiet.

Quiet meaning lack of background noise, not silence.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Elf Unbreakable Fighter/1

Thanks Harmini, you're a lifesaver. After we get out of here, do you want to go armor shopping later? You seem to have great taste.


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

Chui whispers back . . .

OK, everyone ready to go?

Once everyone is ready, I'll carefully move to the door and check it for traps and listen/smell for anyone/anything on the other side.

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Witch (Hex Channeler)

Harmini smiles and nods at Wynrey.

That sounds lovely.

Probably just lose a proper set of armor. I'm sure we can find a nice secondhand shop somewhere... I think she'd wander off without her head if it weren't attached.

Chui, at this point I think you can go exploring at your leisure without needing to check in. Please consider Harmini on auto-follow at the back of the group using whatever explore method chosen unless otherwise noted.

Dark Archive

Please see discussion for a note.

Dark Archive

Chui:
The door does not seem trapped and can easily be opened from this side. As for any other activity, as before it is quiet.

Chui moves up and checks the door, concentrating on detecting anything he can before cautiously opening the door.

Chui:
Beyond the door you see a hallway to the right and left. To the right it ends in double doors and to the left it turns after a short distance.

Moving ahead as there is nothing but hallway for the moment.


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

Chui gestures for the others to move up to the door that he just opened. When they're in position, he carefully checks the double doors to his right for traps and anything odd on the other side.

I've moved my icon on roll20

Dark Archive

Chui:
The doors do not seem trapped and there does not even seem to be a locking mechanism on it. You do pick up the scent of fresh water from behind those doors.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Elf Unbreakable Fighter/1

I'm right behind you.

I fiddle with my armor for a bit before giving up in disgust and begin to pay attention to the door about to be opened.


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

Chai glances over his shoulder at the elite team which has his back. As they appear to be in position, he then carefully cracks open one of the double doors and slips in as quietly as possible.

Dark Archive

Chui opens the door and reveals an additional, yet very short, corridor which ends in another double door. These doors look similar to the ones from within the hidden tunnel, and while they are locked they can easily be opened from this side.

Chui pauses for a moment and examines the door. Determining that the door itself isn't a danger, he opens the door revealing a grand chamber beyond.

The center of this large octagonal room is a raised square platform a few inches above the floor, with a stone pillar at each corner. A gold-trimmed sarcophagus sits in the center of the platform, flanked by two statues of humanoid beings with canine heads, each of which holds an ankh in one of its crossed arms. Stone double doors exit the room to the north and south.

Again, moved ahead. Didn't think we wanted to play out a 5x10 hall.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Elf Unbreakable Fighter/1

Wow guys look at that! A sarcophagus means we are getting somewhere . Once Chui is done looking through here for traps can Harmini scan the room with detect magic? I'm worried that Elendra's "Thief" brand might have some follow-up further in and this would be a prime spot to have that happen.

That thing just HAS to trigger something. The people who make these creepy old dungeon trap are real jerks.


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

Bit of a crazy day for me today, so I'm going to skip being clever and dive straight in

Chui begins to check for traps along a path from his present location to the northern edge of the central platform, taking 20 as he goes.

I've moved my icon on roll20.

Dark Archive

Chui:
As you approach the platform you notice it sits on some kind of pressure plate. Stepping on the platform will definitely set something in motion.

You found a trap. It is indicated on the map.


Catfolk Ninja Gigolo

I found a trap without injuring myself! Hey, I'm getting better at this

Hmm, it appears that our road to riches is paved with large floor traps. That whole platform appears to be a pressure place. Why don't you guys stay by the door with curing spells and wands handy while I try to disarm it.

Disable Device:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Witch (Hex Channeler)

Very Well.

Harmini moves forward and draw out her wand of cure light wounds. She waves her other hand and whispers a quiet incantation.

Casting Detect Magic into the room and concentrating for up to 3 rounds for full effect.

Dark Archive

GM Roll:
2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Chui begins working around the platform with his tools while Harmini steps up and casts a simple spell.

After about half a minute there are some clicks and pops, but nothing more.

Chui:
The trap is successfully disabled.

Harmini:
There is one unexpected aura coming from the sarcophagus. After further study it appears to be a moderate transmutation effect.

Give me a Spellcraft check to identify

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Witch (Hex Channeler)

Spellcraft:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Dark Archive

Harmini:
There is some kind of transmutation on the sarcophagus.

451 to 500 of 1,166 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MUMMY'S MASK ADVENTURE PATH - GM JSCOT Game Play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.