Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

MSI Rookie Squad Two (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard

MAPS


401 to 450 of 877 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

No liking the path the conversation is heading Eudonius gently put his hand at his partner's shoulder in an attempt to placade her temper while keeping his other hand near his sword's hilt.

Let it go, let it go...Lets go back, I think we should talk.
He wisper to her.


Lord Millis moves back to loom over Lady Trace, his face expressionless. "You speak boldly, my Lady. One might wonder if you have over-valued the strength of that title here in the City. You speak too boldly, though I am intrigued. For now, however, listen to your partner. He is all that stands between you and a prison cell at this moment."


F Human Rog1

She turns back towards as he speaks,

"If you do not wish to help, then do not help. There is no reason for you to talk to me, regardless of my title, as though I was sent with wild stories of nonsense by people who know nothing of importance. There is no need for insults. I came to offer assistance, not threats."

She speaks calmly, without anger, then turns around and walks out calmly.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

As they walk away form Millis manor to meet the rest of the team at the antique shop Eudonius makes sure they are not been followed by constantly check for pursuers.
Perception: 20 + 3 = 23

Mi Lady, I would like to discuss something with you.
I am a strong believer of the powers of the intelect. If I see someone educated and well bred deliberaly acting stupid it is my opinion that they are doing so bacause that serves them some purpose.

As such, now, I consider Lord Millis among our list of suspects. While we dont have a motive yet he sure has the means to hire a shoanty mercenary and bride the employees of the city planners office. He may be trying to complete his enjoiner, whatever that is.

We should learn more about that noble...and to talk to Cpt Percival as soon as possible.


F Human Rog1

I didn't originally intend for him to be told about the enjoiner(GMs idea of dismissive was different) but it did confirm its existance at another location

"My experience has been that 'well bred and educated' around these parts usually end up short-sighted and over confident in their belief that no one can oppose them. That said I think he may be behind it but he could also just be another noble idiot like the others around here. We also confirmed that he has an enjoiner fragment which means that is no longer a mere possibility but now very likely."

"Lets meet with the others first if they have anything we can it at once instead of twice, and our they may find our confirmation of enjoiner fragments helpful." She sounds like she's making an excuse and looks possibly insulted.


Eudonius doesn't detect any signs of a pursuit.

With Lady Trace and Eudonius making their way to Rimblesnuffin's (and them being slightly ahead of you on the time line), we can return to the scene at the jeweller's. The gnome has just emerged from his back door.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

"Good evening sir, we're sorry do disturb you so late" Krojun says while producing his badge and showing it to the gnome, continuing: "As we said, we're with the city watch. Are you the owner of Rimblesnuffin's? And may we come in we have some information we would like to share with the owner."


The gnome nods. "I am Rimblesnuffin. Come in, come in." The gnome steps back, allowing you entrance into a small hallway. Stairs go up to the second floor, one door leads into a kitchen, and the other presumably the storefront.

"What is it you wish to tell me?"


Male Elf Rogue/1

Dublaine allowed the others to go first before entering himself. With one swift last look he entered in taking in the surroundings. When they found themselves at the store front, he positioned himself near the front, so he could peer out into the street continuing to keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

perception check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 opps


He's not taking you into the storefront just yet, but I'll keep that roll in mind for when he does ;)

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"Time is of the essence, so I'll cut to the chase," Grigory tells the tiny shopkeeper while glancing around the entryway. "We've been investigating some 'unusual' burglaries and we have reason to believe your shop will be targeted very soon, possibly even tonight."

"Have you ever heard of an 'enjoiner fragment,' Mr. Rimblesnuffin?" he asks.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

I'll make Diplomacy and Perception rolls now in hopes it will help streamline things. Here goes nothing...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


"An 'enjoiner fragment'?" Rimblesnuffin asks, unconsciously glancing over Grigory's shoulder towards the door to the shop.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

I debated including a Sense Motive check with my other rolls but decided to wait to see if it would be warranted... I guess now would be a good time for one.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"We've already come far enough in our investigation to feel confident that you not only know what an enjoiner fragment is, but also that you have one in your possession. We're also confident that our suspect is after it and won't hesitate to bring harm to you and your shop to get it."

"Our only motivation is to apprehend this individual and keep you, your shop and your inventory safe."


Rimblesnuffin nods. "Very well. It's in here." He takes out a keyring to unlock the door leading into the shop and leads you through. Dublaine immediately heads to a window, keeping to the side, and peering out into the gloom of night, though he sees nothing suspicious.

Rimblesnuffin, in the meantime, leads you to a glass display case near the north wall and unlocks it from behind. Reaching in, he pulls out a necklace on a little pedestal. On a chain of a bright, silvery metal, is a small, insignificant triangle of black gold. "The Harbuck Fragment," he says simply.

Dublaine sees two individuals approach the shop. Before he can call out an alarm, Lady Trace passes through a pool of lamp light, and he recognizes Eudonius as well.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

That was easy. Now we just need to get him to explain what it does and why our burglar wants the fragments and figure out what to do next.


Male Elf Rogue/1

Dublaine turned to the others, his eyes fixed on the fragment. It seemed quite mundane for all the fuss it was causing, but he knew appearances could deceive. "Lady Trace and Eudonius are here..."

He said indicating that perhaps Krojun could let them in, whilst he continued to keep a watch on the street outside.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

After seeing Dublaine's gesture he says: "Don't worry Mr. Rimblesnuffin, I'm just going to walk around back and get some of your colleagues, who just arrived."

He then walks around and out the back door to Lady trace and Eudonius. He waves them over and says as he leads them in: "I don't know how you did, but I think we might have caught a break, Mr. Rimblesnuffin still has his enjoiner fragment. We're talking to him just now."

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Grigory inspects the artifact as Lady Trace and Eudonius enter the shop with Krojun.

"Harbuck fragment?" he asks the shopkeeper. "It seems we've finally come to the right place to find out more about our burglar's target. Can you tell us more about the fragment, Sir?"


F Human Rog1

Lady Trace walks over and listens in to the shopkeepers reply, introduceing herself at an appropriate break in the talking.

Sorry but on phone as my internet is out right now, otherwise I might have said more.


"Why, of course! Fascinating bit of history, it is. Now, I'm a bit fuzzy on details like names and dates, but I can give you the important bits. Years ago, men from Cheliax came and conquered the Shoanti and Kellids who laid claim to these parts of Varisia. The Chelaxians were more advanced in armaments and military tactics, but the Shoanti had strength and numbers. Still, they were losing. A Shoanti conjuror, Tyval or something, created the enjoiner, the ghoulish enjoiner to impart certain aspects of ghouls (mainly their paralytic touch) to the creatures he summoned. With this device, he turned the tide in any battle he joined. His own people were starting to get suspicious - the Shoanti feel about things related to undead about the same as the local Pharasmin Cryptmistress - but a group of five adventuring heroes from Cheliax found and dispatched the wizard first, claiming the enjoiner as a prize. Not wanting the artifact to continue to exist, they discovered how to render it inert, keeping a fragment each. Now each of those five adventurers went on to settle in this area and start a noble House of Magnimar. Over the years, some of the fragments made it into circulation - sold off for one reason or another. The current Lord Harbuck has crushing gambling debts, I believe, so he sold it to me."

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"So the Harbuck fragment is here and safe, at least for the moment. Do you know who had each of the other four fragments originally? We're worried our burglar is trying to collect all the fragments and reassemble the enjoiner if that's possible. We believe the Hinter fragment and another have already been stolen."


"Hynter, Gush, Millis, Quintari, and Harbuck were the five original 'owners', meaning they were the five Chels who captured it from the Shoanti. The Gush family is no longer local to Magnimar, Quintari married into some other house (not sure which), Hynter is basically broke, while Lord Millis is one of the most powerful men in Magnimar. Despite what they'd have you believe, the noble Houses are neither invulnerable nor eternal."

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"Were the two of you able to learn anything at Lord Millis' estate?" Grigory asks Lady Trace and Eudonius.

"Would it even be possible to get the enjoiner to function again if all the fragments were assembled?"


"That I don't know. I learned about the history of the object when I bought this piece, not about it's magical functions, since I felt it very unlikely I would ever come into possession of the entire relic. Besides, what honest merchant could ever, in good conscience, deliberately sell such a thing to an individual wishing to restore it?"


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

After a couple of seconds Eudonius speak.
We learned that Lord Millis has quite a large state, is still in possession of his family's fragment...and... apparently does not give a warning from the Magnimar police much credit.
Or he is just an $&@.
the half orc mumbles to himself.


"Slanderous thoughts against the nobility of Magnimar? For shame friend!" Rimblesnuffin says with a humorous and mischievous smile.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Eudonius looks to the floor embarassed.


F Human Rog1

"This isn't how people talk about me is it?"

Sry still only phone.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

"Not yet, but we will if you act like that." Krojun says with a grin and adds: "Now what are we going to do with our new knowledge?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"In my opinion, we have a few options here. It all comes down to what Mr. Rimblesnuffin is most comfortable with, really... We can leave him to his own devices and simply survey the building from outside, we can take the Harbuck fragment and Mr. Rimblesnuffin back with us to MSI headquarters and wait there overnight, we can all stay inside the shop with the fragment and hope to surprise our burglar before he surprises us or we can go away and leave Mr. Rimblesnuffin alone entirely."

"My suggestion is that we take the fragment for safe keeping, get everyone out of the building and hide nearby to see if our suspect comes to us. I hate to risk leaving Mr. Rimblesnuffin or the fragment to stay inside this building tonight given the nature of the two previous burglaries."

"Mr. Rimblesnuffin, do you think any of your neighbors would be willing to let us use a rooftop or balcony as a vantage point to look out for our suspect?"

Or we could just smash the fragment to bits to prevent the entire enjoiner from ever being reassembled... :P


F Human Rog1

"Hope dearly that Lord Millis is the next target. For multiple reasons.

For now lets keep an eye on this fragment and be ready for when the thief goes for it."


Rimblesnuffin shakes his head. "Now I'm sure you folks mean well, but I don't get run off by thieves. If you say somebody is after this piece, then I will store it in my vault downstairs. It has several magical protections, and if any of it's defenses are triggered, security from Guards and Wards are here within five minutes. As for helpful neighbors, try the Copperhills across the street. They own the cafe and, like me, live above their shop."


F Human Rog1

"I would like to warn you however, that the thief is a summoner who has sufficient ability to summon an earth elemental to collapse the entire building including whatever room you sleep in, and that is exactly how he stole the other fragments and those were much larger buildings then yours."


Male Elf Rogue/1

Dublaine moved back into the middle of the room, to add to Lady Tracy's words Guards and Wards,we've herd of them. Wasn't it their man who we fished out from underneath, the remains of the building he was guarding!"

Dublaine said to the group before rounding on the diminutive Gnome, "No doubt the item might be safe, but can you say the same about yourself and your home. Perhaps you need to reconsider, an Earth Elemental would have no trouble tipping this building off the side of this bluff.

Leaving Rimblesnuffin to his thoughts, Dublaine moved back to the window.

would roll but see little point, my skills in that area are so bad. Either he is going to be stubborn about things and stay, or he'll come with us. On another note, I do wonder if we ought to split up and stake out both properties. No telling if tonight is the night though. Also not sure how we let one another know if anythings happens in two different locations - do we have any magical means of communication?

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Lord Mllis didn't seem to want our help... or maybe he just didn't want us snooping around his estate. I say we let him fend for himself tonight.

Maybe we can offer Rimblesnuffin some sort of collateral to let us take the fragment? I don't like his idea that he and the fragment stay inside because I don't know if we'll have any warning before the building collapses.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

This is your home and we understand if you want to stay and help to protect it. But before you dismiss Mr Reinholds suggestion I would only ask that you carefully consider the corse of action you want to undertake because it can represent a considerate amount of danger to your person sir.

We have reason to belive this shop is going to be one of the next targets of a strong summoner burgler. He has killed before and collapsed the buildings of his previous attacks to cover his tracks. You may have heard of that, those were the West Naos Market and the Irefoot Hall.
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Wether you decide to stay or not we ask you to grant us access to your store tonight so we can keep a watch hidden inside.

Turning to his companions. Maybe we can talk to the owners up front. Set a three man watch hidden inside the store and a two man watch hidden inside the cafe, or the other way around. That way we could flank the summoner as he tries to enter the shop if he shows up tonight. The body at the Irefoot Hall was not killed by the collapse! It was killed by constriction damage done probably by the snake eidolun, so he entered the market to retrive the enjoiner before collapsing it.

If you want him to leave the shop roll some diplomacy folks, you can consider my roll an aid another anyone.


"I never said I would stay!" Rimblesnuffin protests. "I'm not a fool. I just don't see the value in taking the thief's target from a secure place to an insecure place. If you want to watch my shop tonight, then I shall join you at the Copperhill's, but let's put my fragment in the basement vault first."

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

I rolled a 25 earlier for Diplomacy with Rimblesnuffin, Eudonius.

"It's your artifact, Mr. Rimblesnuffin, so I'm fine with respecting your wishes to lock it in the vault as long as the rest of my squadmates agree. My thought was taking the fragment out of the building might give us insight into whether our suspect is somehow drawn to the fragments themselves no matter where they are or merely targeting the locations where he thinks they'll be. Let's just hope your vault is as secure as it sounds."

"I'll head across the street to chat with the Copperhills. If anyone wants to accompany me in trying to talk them into letting us use their home for our investigation, they're more than welcome. Ideally I'd like to find a way to set someone up on top of their roof for a better view, although we'd need to figure out a safe way for them to get back down to ground level quickly should the need arise."


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

"I'll walk over with you." Krojun says.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3
Grigory Reinhold wrote:

I rolled a 25 earlier for Diplomacy with Rimblesnuffin, Eudonius.

Oh sorry, my bad. I wasnt sure that roll still applayed to the current subject of the conversation.

Eudonius will stay with the merchant to inspect his vault and security measures.


Male Elf Rogue/1
Grigory Reinhold wrote:
"I'll head across the street to chat with the Copperhills....I'd like to find a way to set someone up on top of their roof for a better view, although we'd need to figure out a safe way for them to get back down to ground level quickly should the need arise."

with a Dex of 18 and a Acrobatics skill of +7 I hope getting to and from the roof will be an area I can excel in ;-)

Dublaine sniffed dubiously, "The roof shouldn't prove to difficult..." he remarked with a knowing eye. "...lets hope the neighbours are accommodating?"


Grigory has to knock for several minutes at the cafe before he sees a light begin moving from one window to another, and then down to the bottom floor. A moment later, a man's face appears in one of the windows. Checking out your badges through the glass, the man comes to the door and opens it. A fireplace poker hangs limp from his hand.

"It's late, officers. I'm guessing you aren't looking for some pastries. What can I do for you?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"Sorry to bother you so late, but we've got a rather pressing situation. We've been investigating some pretty serious and highly-destructive burglaries in the city and we're worried your neighbor, Mr. Rimblesnuffin, may be targeted next."


"Rimble?" a woman's voice pipes up from behind the man. Mr. Copperhill gives an annoyed glance back as his wife shoves herself forward. "Oh dear, that's terrible. Come in, come in! How can we help?"

Peora Copperhill practically screams matronly motherhood as she bustles you inside and into chairs. She immediately heads to the kitchens to put on tea, and comes back with a plate of sweets while you wait for the water to boil. Meanwhile, Wilmer her husband, seats himself at another table and echoes his wife's earlier question.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Can someone stay outside or keep an eye out through the door/window while we're in here talking?

"Our first concern is protecting Mr. Rimblesnuffin himself. If he could take refuge here as a way of keeping him out of potential harm it would be most helpful." Grigory says, eyeing the layout of the building carefully in an attempt to discern the most advantageous positioning for his squadmates and keeping a keen eye out for anything that might make a long night of reconnaissance more comfortable.

"Our other request is that we may use your building as a vantage point to survey his shop. We'll attempt to keep our presence as minimally intrusive as we can, of course. I believe Officer Dublaine was actually thinking of positioning himself atop the roof if possible." He says, gesturing toward the elf.


Male Elf Rogue/1
Grigory Reinhold wrote:
Can someone stay outside or keep an eye out through the door/window while we're in here talking?

Sure boss, Dublaine is happy to take point, all the talking isn't his strong suit anyway, perception pt 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Oh brother critical fail!

Grigory Reinhold wrote:
"I believe Officer Dublaine was actually thinking of positioning himself atop the roof if possible."

Dublaine turned back to the small group, at the mention of his name, he waved a hand politely before going back to carefully studying the street for anything untoward.


Dublaine suddenly notices a ghostly elven face hovering just through the glass. He's about to call the alarm when he realizes its his own reflection.

No matter how he angles himself, he just can't keep the lamp light inside from washing out the starlight outside.


F Human Rog1

Lady Trace, noticing Dublaine's problem stands in between the light so as to cast her shadow on the glass so he can see through it, all the while listening to the conversation..

401 to 450 of 877 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.