Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

MSI Rookie Squad Two (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard

MAPS


351 to 400 of 877 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

F Human Rog1

Warning on my phone, no formatting.

"Yes, you can head by him and I can see about getting an audience with Lord Millis this evening, then we can get together for the meeting at the manor. In the meantime Grigory and Dublaine can check the shop since merchants are not so picky about etiqutte and rank. Also I get the idea that the summoner 'might' only have the rune on his head when his summon is active but I could not confirm that so do not dicount the shoanti as the possible summoner. Any other questions?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"It's a shame you headed to the library when you did or we could have had you research the 'enjoiner' or 'enjoiner fragment' that Kinman was missing from his inventory. Right now all we can figure is that if the summoner wants it, it must have some kind of power that benefits summoners. If you know any more about what it might be, feel free to fill us in." Grigory mentions, hopeful it may ring a bell, but not expectant it will.

"It would be pretty convenient if Dr. Lynch was finished with the autopsy when we get back. Maybe he'll have some more useful tidbits of information for us."

"And who was that girl, Lady Trace? A classmate? I trust you didn't divulge any information to her that might inadvertently put her in harm's way." Grigory says, only slightly suspicious of Lady Trace's unexpected research assistant.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

It would probably be easier if you guys arrive when i am about to finish the autopsy, before i left to meet Lady Trace. So we all get together. By the way, what did my autopsy revealed Dm Nazard?


F Human Rog1

"A classmate and friend. No I didn't more then she needed to know to help me. She is training with a geometer right know so I thought she could help."
K Arcana about the enjoiner: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

My character's suspicious by nature (drawback for being able to make Sense Motive a class skill and get an extra +1 bonus to it) so nobody should take it too personally when he invariably seems to distrust your character at some point.

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

Unfortunately, despite all the time it took, the autopsy didn't reveal anything you didn't already know, though it did confirm what before was mere supposition. The night watchman died from grevious crushing injuries inflicted by some sort of constrictor, either a snake, tentacle, or soft rope, though combined with the puncture marks that look very much like those caused by the fangs of a very large snake, the former seems the likliest. The snake would be "medium sized", whatever that translates into game terminology for length and weight. Eudonius is also quite certain that the man was bitten first, then killed, and then dragged and covered in debris, given the lack of bruising beyond those cause by the constriction. He's also fairly certain that the man didn't get a chance to put up a fight of any kind, assuming he didn't see the snake before the attack. His death would have been swift: painful, but swift.

So Krojun is heading to his Shoanti shaman, while Lady Trace is heading to Lord Millis to arrange an audience? Who's going with whom?


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

"Would anyone like to see some Shoanti culture?" Krojun asks before heading to see his shaman

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

If Eudonius is done with the autopsy, that means it's around 5:30 in the evening... I think someone or several of us need to get to Rimblesnuffins ASAP in the hopes they haven't closed for the night. Maybe we can stop at West Naos market on the way and ask the antiques dealer there if they had an enjoiner fragment, just to be sure we're not assuming too much.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

I was suppose to meet Lady Trace at the West Naos Market. We can all meet there and then go to the other two shops. Grigory is right, its almost night time.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

I think we all came back to headquarters as you were finishing the autopsy.

Once back at MSI headquarters, Grigory fills Dr. Lynch and Lady Trace in on all the specifics of the group's interesting experience at the City Planners' Office. He catalogs and places the 40 gold pieces seized from Rumblemountain's clerk into the evidence locker -- Do we have an evidence locker? -- before offering his suggestions for the rest of the evening.

"We probably only have a few more hours of daylight left, so we'll need to prioritize. We'll probably want to get to Rimblesnuffins as quickly as we can, hopefully the owners will still be there. I'd like to go through all the proper diplomatic channels to arrange a meeting with Lord Millis, but I'm afraid we might not have time to spare on etiquette and decorum if we want to accomplish everything before nightfall, especially if we plan on trying to position ourselves to keep watch over one or both of the two buildings tonight."

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

Given the timing, it makes the most sense to say you met back up at MSI.


Male Elf Rogue/1
Grigory Reinhold wrote:


"We probably only have a few more hours of daylight left, so we'll need to prioritize. "

Dublaine nodded, Grigory's summery made sense, "Ok so Lady Trace you and the good Doctor might be best suited to making nice with Lord Millis, especially given the urgency. I'll tag alone with Grigory to Rimblesnuffins. I think since both sites are potential targets neither should have only one of us! What does everyone think?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"That sounds like a plan. I hate to keep splitting up like this but we don't have much of a choice. Maybe once we get set up there we can devise a convenient way to transfer information between the two locations. We'll have to figure out what we're going to do with the enjoiner fragment or fragments if we're able to talk their owners into giving them to us for safe-keeping as well..."


F Human Rog1

"The lord probably has security that would benefit from advanced warning.

It's the merchant shop that will likely be hit next saving the difficult job for last.

We are a new unit so the perp probably does not have plans for us, only the normal guard. Unless he has heard of us investigating, which is possible."


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

"Good ideas all around, I'll put off talking to my shaman and head out with the group going to the shop." Krojun adds.

Before heading out Krojun will get his longsword

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

That reminds me... I should double-check my inventory before we leave.


Male Elf Rogue/1

Ok folks having to take my main pc into the shop for repairs, I will try and keep up, but if I miss anything just NPC me for now. Hopefully I'll be ok, but just wanted to give a heads up

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

So Lady Trace and Dr. Eudonius make their way to the illustrious Alabaster District, seeking an audience with Lord Millis. Surrounded by a stone-and-wrought-iron fence and modest grounds, Lord Stafford’s Manor is the epitome of a well-to-do Lord’s manor in the Alabaster District. Two storeys high of pale marble and large windows, and winged by covered verandas, the home oozes wealth and privilege. A short driveway with a roundabout at the end offers easy access for carriages and a small stable peeks out around the corner.

How does Lady Trace wish to present herself to the guards at the door: an MSI investigator, as Lady Trace, daughter of a country lord, or both?

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

The rest of you make your way to Rimblesnuffin's, a modest house in Vista, perched literally on the edge of the Great Escarpment itself. This two-storey 25-foot-square building has walls of plain, if nice, stone, looking for most purposes like a sturdy cottage, but for the thick iron grates in front of all the windows and the iron-bound thick oak door in the front. Three shallow curved stone steps lead up to the front entrance; both the height of the risers and the lowness of the door’s lock suggest an occupant of less than average height. A carved wooden sign swings from a hanger above the door, depicting a spectacled gnomish man holding up a gemstone, as if to appraise (or perhaps, sell) it.

The front door is locked, and a sign reads closed, though it would appear that this building serves as a residence as well as a place of business.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Is it possible to walk around Rimblesnuffin's and does the entrance appear to lead into a shop or a private home?

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

Walking around Rimblesnuffin's requires you at one point to almost brush by the stone balustrade that prevents the three hundred foot fall to Lowcleft below. The front door leads into the shop, whilst the back door would seem to lead into the residence.


F Human Rog1

I will present myself as both Lady Tracy Shannon, Daughter of Baron(Gary Gygax as reference, Least of median rank nobles, petty nobles holding far less then a town) Shannon of Marbleton, and MSI detective.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

"I think we should walk around an see if anyone is home in the residence." Krojun says.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"Agreed. Hope someone's home. This narrow walkway might give us a nice advantage if our summoner isn't expecting us... We might even be able to rig up an alarm of some sort. My hope is that Lord Millis has his own guards and we can concentrate most of our efforts here tonight. With any luck, Lady Trace and Dr. Lynch will talk him into handing over the enjoiner fragment -- assuming he has one. It would be quite a kick in the pants to find out this summoner wasn't after enjoiner fragments at all."

I picked up my shortbow, both types of arrows (regular and blunt) and scimitar before we left. I left my silver dagger and wooden stake at MSI HQ. Also, from a strategic standpoint, are there other buildings around Rimblesnuffin's that have roofs/windows/balconies that offer a view of both the front door to the shop and the path along the edge of the cliff?

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Oh, and should we all roll Perception while we're walking around outside Rimblesnuffin's, just in case?

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Ouch. That's helpful.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Upon arriving at Lord Stafford’s manor with Lady Trace I will present myself as Dr. Eudonius Lynch, of the Magnimar Special Investigations Bureau.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Walking around Rimblesnuffin's Krojun looks around most focused on the path ahead occasionally noticing the drop. He shutters This is one of the things I am never getting use to. Why do people live so close to an edge.

He answers Grigory: "If they're, lets hope they help us understand more about this whole thing."

Aiding perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Elf Rogue/1
Krojun Hora wrote:

He answers Grigory: "If they're, lets hope they help us understand more about this whole thing."

Aiding perception 1d20+1

ok am back, hopefully normal service now resumed

Dublaine took time to look over the place, though an elf by nature, most of his orphaned life he'd lived in a city and was quiet used to outlandish buildings. People seemed to live where it suited them, he had to wonder what kind of person would choose to live up so high.

ok perception check coming up, 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

Rimblesnuffin's is at the end of a row of buildings, all of which butt right up against the cliffside. Many of the buildings are simple middle-class shops, though a few also seem to have residences above them, like Rimblesnuffin's and a cafe across the street. The buildings here are all two storeys tall, so any of their roofs would make excellent vantage points.

Walking around the building, you see a light in one of the upstairs windows.

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

Lady Trace and Eudonius present themselves to the guards outside Millis Manor. After checking over your credentials, one of them heads inside. While you wait, you notice a good deal of activity going on, men and women in various trades uniforms mill about, loading and unloading boxes and crates. Several women are creating some elaborate decoration pieces on the front entryway. Five minutes later, a stern-yet-slightly-frazzled looking elderly gentleman in butler's livery arrives.

Knowledge: Nobility DC 10:
This man is probably Lord Millis' personal butler and valet. He would be the de facto head of all the household staff.

"Good evening, Lady Shannon. I am Mar Bannock. Lord Millis is currently indisposed and has no time for visitors. How may I be of assistance to the City Watch?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

At least Dublaine's eyes were open when we were making our perception checks.

Looks like we might be in luck," Grigory declares, looking up at the lighted window as he knocks on the door.

"If we can figure a way to get up onto the roof of one of these other buildings we should be able to see anyone approaching and hopefully get the jump on them. I've also got a bell and some string we could rig up across this narrow walkway as an alarm of sorts."

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

At Grigory's knock, a small face appears at the lighted window, looking down at you. A moment later, the window opens and a small crossbow makes an appearance. "What do you want? I'm closed!" a high-pitched voice calls down.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"We're with the Magnimar Special Investigations Unit of the City Watch," Grigory announces, holding up his MSI badge and eyeing the crossbow warily. "We're investigating a string of burglaries and have reason to believe your shop is one of the next targets. For your security and safety we'd like to ask a few questions and keep an eye on your shop from outside overnight if that's all right."


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

"We need you to put the crossbow down and talk to us for your own safety." Krojun adds.

Aiding diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Elf Rogue/1

Whilst the others talked to the occupier, Dublaine continued to look about the street. He wanted to make sure they weren't the only ones taking an interest in the premises.

Perception if needed to keep an eye out for anyone suspicious or our Shoanti1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

I can only hope we're all saving up our high rolls for combat.


F Human Rog1

K Nobility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
"Good evening Mr. Bannock. I have reason to believe that Lord Millis in possession of something of importance to the criminal responsible for several collapses of recent. I am here to discuss this item and possibly to catch the criminal trying to steal it. Therefore, I insist on seeing Lord Millis at his earliest convenience."


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Belive me good man, it is in the lord's best interest to talk to us. The MSI would not disturbe his lordship lightly.

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

"Why certainly, Inspectors. Lord Millis would be happy to talk with you, at his earliest convenience, as you say, which happens to be the day after tomorrow. If you would like to leave the details of this threat, I will inform him tonight, and he may wish to send for you sooner."

Sense Motive DC 20:
There was a short pause before the word "threat", suggesting a bit of patronizing disbelief.


F Human Rog1

"I have proof that Lord Millis is a target, and days from now would be to late."

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

"Therefore, I suggest you have his lord find his convenience before tonight. Perhaps you should go ask him right now and be sure to let him know about my proof."

edit; missed the spoiler sorry
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
well that sucked


Male Elf Rogue/1

Nazard, did we get any response from Rimblesnuffin to Krojun's request for him to come down and talk?

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

Sorry guys. This isn't really a slow down - you all found the important clues so efficiently and quickly that I just wasn't ready! You aren't supposed to be at this point for another 24 hours of game time. I'm in the middle of a small rewrite based on feedback I got from the other group about the whole Rimblesnuffin affair, and I don't want to get too far until I'm sure how I want things to play out. Plus, I've been keeping things here a bit slower in case Trace and Eudonius decide to make their way to you.

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

Rimblesnuffin glances down at the proferred badge, thinks for a moment, then withdraws the crossbow. "I'll be right down."

A few moments later, the backdoor opens and a gnome in a nightgown appears. Rimblesnuffin, short even for a gnome, seems the quintessential absent-minded professor, his blue hair running wild in many directions, and his spectacles pinching the end of his bulbous nose, through which he constantly peers at everything in sight.

"Now what's this about?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

If you want to hold up the action at Rimblesnuffin's and focus on just what's going on at Lord Millis' that's fine with me. It will probably keep things less confusing if we're not interrupting the flow of each others' dialogue anyway.


Male Elf Rogue/1

I agree with Grigory, lets see how things play out with Lord Millis is fine with me to. But whatever suits

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

"Proof?" Bannock echoes, skeptically. He pauses to study Lady Trace intently. After a moment, he relents. "Very well. I will speak with his Lordship immediately. He may be able to spare you five minutes of his time to see this 'proof'."

Bannock heads back inside and returns several minutes later with his employer. Lord Stafford is a man of middle age with streaks of gray at his temples, dressed in fine velvets and beringed with many fine gemstones. He holds himself up high with a regal bearing, peering down his nose at everything. His accent is cultured, if clipped and brisk, though his movements are languid and stately.

"Bannock tells me you have proof of a grave and imminent threat to myself and my family. I am quite doubtful, knowing the source, but I would be remiss to not hear you out. I promise you, however, that if this turns out to be a farce, things will go very badly for you, country Lord's daughter or no. You may still leave, and we'll think nothing more of this."


F Human Rog1

"Lord Millis, I am sure you have heard of some recent collapses in the city. The criminal responsible is stealing parts of a rare artifact and then magically collapsing the buildings to hide their tracks. The individual has stolen several blueprints from the city planners office, all places that are likely to have such artifacts, including your mansion. With those prints he can collapse your house rather simply and to most it would appear an accident. He can also use the prints to more easily find what he seeks, and possibly circumvent some of your security."

She is watching to see if she has his attention, if so,
"Have you heard of an Enjoiner?"

If he seems dismissive she will not mention it.

Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

Lord Millis looks incredulous more than dismissive. "Stolen plans? Collapsed buildings? I must admit that is far more creative than I was expecting! Fantastical, in fact, so much so, that I'm almost inclined to believe you. I won't bother asking how you know of my enjoiner fragment. Very impressive. Now you can report to Percival that you've fulfilled your task, and the message has been received and given all the consideration it deserves. Now please, leave, before I have you arrested."

With that, Lord Millis turns on his heel and heads back inside.


F Human Rog1

"I have not fulfilled my task, sir. My task is to catch the criminal, no other task has been given me. Captain Percival can drown before I act simply as a messenger. When it has been taken from you, we can have a real talk." She speaks loud enough for him to hear but remains calm.

351 to 400 of 877 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.