Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

MSI Rookie Squad Two (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard

MAPS


651 to 700 of 877 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Lady Tracy Shannon wrote:
Awww, did you see those rolls? That would have been awesome to do.

And when he passed the fairly easy concentration check to cast grease on himself, increasing his CMD vs grapple by 20...?


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Having heard Eudonius shout, Krojun responds: "Do you have him?" all while struggling with the elemental. Thinking they might need him more he lets go of the elemental withdraws and continues to move up the stairs and towards the others.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Round 4:
Grigory dashes after the summoner to the edge of the cliff, looking over the edge dejectedly as their quarry floats down the escarpment toward the rooftops far below with fragment in hand.
"Anyone know the fastest way down there that doesn't involve getting ourselves killed by jumping?" he mutters.


There are only two ways down: the main road along the coast (the way everybody goes), or petitioning the army to let you use the the staircases of the Arvensoar. Either route means twenty minutes at least to get there, whereas he'll be there in twenty seconds.


F Human Rog1

Can't cast spells with somatic components while grappling, and three or four checks to be successful at casting it with still spell anyway. Dc 19 defensive casting, DC 14 conc grappling, possibly a DC 12 or higher conc due to the freewheeling nature of freefall, and another DC 13+ check if I get and hit with the AOO. (grease gives a +10, not +20 Raw anyway, your game can always be different)

I am thinking of just doing it anyway, it would be epic win or lose. I will flip coin.

Tails, I jump after him anyway.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

With his mouth wide open and face frozen in terror Eudonius is in shock as he sees the noblewomen jumps from the edge of the cliff.

...wait you fool!

I am not sure what a warren mean DM Nazard. Did you mean there is a part of the city on the botton of this 270ft. cliff? Also, we did not know the name of the guy was Mikobar until u posted it last page :P


Well for one, you can't stand from prone, move over thirty feet, jump off a cliff and attack with a weapon in one round. If you're actually going to do this, we need to check how long it takes you to get to the edge. Taking a blind leap off the porch is not going to allow you to land on the villain, and we'll have to figure out a range increment for tossing a human body off a cliff to make an attack roll to even hit the right cube. Also, trying to grapple with only one hand imposes a -4 penalty.

You're right about the casting somatic spells bit, though.

And seriously, this group got this far without learning his name? Whoops.


Ah, the whole point is moot. I just looked at the map again, and Trace has no way of seeing the summoner jump off the porch let alone the cliff. She couldn't even see him become visible and push passed Eudonius.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Who's got rope and how much of it?


Between the party members, you have 100 feet of rope. The cliff is 300 feet high in total.


F Human Rog1

I think I must have missed something somewhere, then. I don't remember being prone, and he made it in one round so I should be one round from the edge, though the attack might need to be next round,(unless I can charge downwards :) ).

As for visibility, I would hear the scuffle with Eudonis, and because it's actually happening at the same time, I should be able to see him as he jumps.
Perception to hear where he is running, just in case: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


I was trying to use my whip to help with the initial grapple attempt (it extends my reach so I have a wider attack zone)

Can't seem to find the kip up DC on the SRD, I don't remember if it was 20 or 25
Kip up: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Edit Though if he really has to get away you can always say I fail, don't like that but sometimes story integrity needs help. I guess it didn't matter about the kip up DC.


Male Elf Rogue/1

round4:

DM Nazard given that everyone is no outside, and we have been talking about what was going on outside and I was trying to shout to warn them, above the commotion, then surely the attackers and the party would be aware of one another. So gutted we got so close to the summoner and now so far. Guess we got to case the noble guys place now!


Sorry, Dublaine. I didn't realize you were shouting warnings as well. As Lady Trace and Grigory come out on the back porch, watching the summoner float away, they become away of Dublaine tearing around from the front, shouting warnings about an imminent attack by Varisians. He then dashes around the other corner, hopping over Grigory's alarm wire to draw them off.

Is that okay, Dublaine?


Male Elf Rogue/1
Nazard wrote:

Sorry, Dublaine. I didn't realize you were shouting warnings as well. As Lady Trace and Grigory come out on the back porch, watching the summoner float away, they become away of Dublaine tearing around from the front, shouting warnings about an imminent attack by Varisians. He then dashes around the other corner, hopping over Grigory's alarm wire to draw them off.

Is that okay, Dublaine?

Yes, sorry I wasn't clearer ;-)

Dublaine had already withdrawn his weapon making ready to aid the party and foil their oncoming ambushers. But he was mindful also of the woman he'd seen earlier, was she their boss? Some mage to give additional assistance or an innocent bystander? In any case he wanted to make sure he didn't let her, if she remained, out of his sight.

Feel free to roll for init if we are starting over again or roll me in where you feel its appropriate. Thanks


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

To Lady trace from the previous page:

Nazard wrote:


...Then Lady Trace bolted for the trap door herself to open it, but as Grigory is in the way, and opening the door would be a move action, there's no way she can move, open the door, and get out of Grigory's space. Since she's obviously concerned with opening the door, the only way it can happen within the rules is if she drops prone, success or fail with opening the trap door, so I'll go with that approach.

Lady Trace Strength check: 1d20

Lady Trace dashes up, putting her shoulder to the trap door. Expecting only the...

DMNazard you did not answer my question. Just to confirm....Is there a part of the city at the botton of this cliff?

Also I have ranged attacks to try on the summoner so it would be best if we keep the combat rounds going...


Oh combat rounds are still going. This combat is not over by any means. And yes, the city of District of Lowcleft is right below you. It's the arts district of Magnimar, and is set up like any typical college/student ghetto, but without the college.

If you want to fire a ranged weapon at the summoner, by all means.

ROUND 5
Varisians
Dublaine
Eudonius
Grigory
Trace
Summoner
Krojun
Elementals

I'll get the maps done in a couple hours.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Round 5:
Grigory places the lantern on the cliffside wall, sheaths his scimitar and draws his bow, leveling an arrow on the summoner as he floats down the cliff face.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Maps Updated

Everybody but Dublaine can use Eudonius' (since Grigory still has his lantern), while only Dublaine can use his (obviously).


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

With a swift movement Eudonius retrives a cylindrical object from one of his pockets and tosses it a the retreating summoner. It explodes on impact with a loud noise in a small ball of fire.
Touch Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Fire Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Seeing Grigory and Trace he asks:
Did you guys defeated the elementals inside?

I may still use my move action depending on the answer to my question? And did I hear Dublaines warnings?.


Taking into account the range penalty, that hits AC 12. Fortunately, that's enough to hit the summoner, and not somebody's house! :)

Yes, you heard his warnings, and for the expediency of posting, you can probably assume Grigory and Trace won't lie to you and claim the elementals were defeated. Plus, you can still hear them pounding (two of them instead of just one). Even though their damage to the stones only happens on their "turn", assume they're pounding repeatedly throughout each round.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"Fortunately, that's enough to hit the summoner, and not somebody's house! :)" Hahahahaha, that would have been bad.

Looks like my arrow will also hit!


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Looking at the botton of the cliff and the retreating summoner Eudonius curses.
Bastard!
He then turns to Grigory.
There are a lot of houses down there and its night time, people are inside sleeping. If this build crumbles it will take the side of the cliff with it and flatten a whole block of the city. I am going back inside to deal with those elementals. Than he moves back inside the house.
Move action 30ft. inside the house to the entrance of the cellar's trapdoor.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Round 5:

Krojun turns around and follows Eudonius.

Confused by first the shouting and then Eudonius hurrying by him in the opposite direction, Krojun decides that he should follow him and protect him from the elements.


Okay. Eudonius drops a bomb on the summoner (literally), which scorches the man, then turns and heads back towards the cellar. Grigory takes a moment to shoot an arrow into the man as well, before the summoner drifts out of range of his lantern light. Trace, if you have a ranged option, feel free to try it. He's currently 60 feet below you and about to pass out of lantern light.

Eudonius, after having posed the question about the AoO from the invisible overrun to the messageboards, I got a (single)* reply that made sense to me, and articulated what I was thinking when I initially resisted the idea. The overrun ended the invisibility, but only after the maneuver was completed. Attacks of opportunity are trigger when a qualifying action is first started (like why prone guys provoke for standing while they are still prone, and can't be retripped). Therefore, at the point he provoked the AoO, he was invisible with total concealment, which negates AoOs. Therefore, you never got the chance to bite him, which means he never had the chance to gut you for 6 points of damage, so please have those hit points back.

*:
[snark]Apparently, if you want more than one reply in a rules forum question, you have to either have the words "monk" or "is this evil" in the title!![/snark]

ROUND 5
Varisians
Dublaine
Eudonius
Grigory
Trace
Summoner
Krojun
Elementals


F Human Rog1

She rushes to the cliff and sees the summoner floating away, she quietly jumps after him, with her whip ready to guide her to him and her sword ready to impale him.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

That will mess things up a bit because if that is the case my actions would have been completely diferent. I wasted a standard action on that round drawing my healing wand. If I was not hurt I would have just attacked the summoner with one of my bombs insted of grabibing the wand. Can I roll this attack then?


Trace, what are your traits? I can't find them on your sheet.

Sure, Eudonius, have at him.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Grigory stares in shock as Lady Trace hurls herself from the 300-foot precipice after the summoner.
Been nice knowing you, he thinks.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

As the sumoner jumps the porch Eudonius tosses one of his bombs on him but misses hitting the porch insted in a flash of flame.
Touch Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Fire Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


F Human Rog1

I took the alertness feat instead, had no idea what traits were at the time.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

This summoner's got to be pretty low on HP after Eudonius and I both hit him for good damage. Unless you want to lose his feather-fall benefits, I'd refrain from doing more damage to him until you're within a survivable fall of the rooftops at the bottom of the cliff.


F Human Rog1

Feather fall won't end when he dies, unfortunately neither will any of his summons (not sure about his eidolin though)

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Did not know that about feather fall. Don't know much about any magic in this game, to be honest. I'm pretty sure if we had killed the summoner or rendered him unconscious, the eidolon would be sent back to its plane. Don't need to worry about it in this case, obviously.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

He is at least 3rd lvl so he has some HP to spare...Btw good luck Trace, I think you will end up turned into pizza down below but I am hoping to be wrong and cheering for you.


Okay. Thanks for your patience all. I was just dealing with end-of-summer and starting a new job. Back to the action...

Lady Trace, attempting a grapple with only one hand imposes a -4 penalty, which is something you probably want to avoid, and while I can see the whip helping guide you into the correct "square" to initiate the grapple, it's not going to help you hold on. If you want to try stabbing him as well, that's going to leave you no free hands to maintain the grapple, so to give you the best chance at surviving this, we'll say that she uses the whip to pull herself onto him, and then gets a death grasp on his shirt collar while she lets the whip fall away.

The summoner looks quite shocked indeed to see Lady Trace come barreling out of the late night gloom and gives an oof as she lands on him.

Concentration check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Out of nowhere, two eagles, eyes glowing red with a fiendish light, swoop down and rake and peck at Trace.
Eagle 1 (talon 1): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12; damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Eagle 1 (talon 2): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10; damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Eagle 1 (bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11; damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

One talon fails to hurt her, but the other and its bite, fueled by some other-worldly power, rips into her, and her vision fades to black.
Eagle 2 (unknown stuff)

Krojun turns and follows Eudonius back towards the cellar, and easily passes him (as he hadn't gone all the way to the marble railing). Down below, the elementals continue to pound on the foundations. One of the windows above you shatters suddenly and broken glass chases the summoner and Lady Trace down to Lowcleft.

ROUND 6

Dublaine:

The three Varisians move up to G3, I3, and I5, rapiers pointing at him. "Don't be a fool or a hero," one of them snarls. "Come with us, and you probably won't die. Madame Pietra wants a word."

ROUND 6
Varisians
Dublaine
Eudonius
Grigory
Trace
Summoner
Krojun
Elementals

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Dublaine should be at the back of Rimblesnuffin's at the start of Round 6: "As Lady Trace and Grigory come out on the back porch, watching the summoner float away, they become away of Dublaine tearing around from the front, shouting warnings about an imminent attack by Varisians. He then dashes around the other corner, hopping over Grigory's alarm wire to draw them off."


He's where I put him.


F Human Rog1

I was expecting to get an attack at least, though I now think I may have been mistaken about 2 things there (I thought you got AOOs on who you are grappling with and that the grappling would have been part of my attack) but it seems not so.
I will have to remember that, grapple with an enemy so I don't need to cast defensively (which has higher DC), oh, make it touch spells that obviously auto hit since I'm already touching the enemy, cool new character concept.

and I was hopeing to get him FF too


Male Elf Rogue/1
Nazard wrote:

ROUND 6

The three Varisians move up to G3, I3, and I5, rapiers pointing at him. "Don't be a fool or a hero," one of them snarls. "Come with us, and you probably won't die. Madame Pietra wants a word."

round6:

Ok just to explain my actions then do the dialogue to make sure its clear. I'll talk whilst backing away from the men, staying within the coloumn I'm currently on so that it takes my to the top corner of the building where I hope I get seen or heard by the others. I'm basically looking to bolster my position.

Dublaine looked uncertain, he backed away, trying to appear as if he was afraid. "Look I...I don't want no trouble. I'm new to this job and I besides who is this Lady, Pietra?

The tremor in his voice, Dublaine hoped was just enough to make what he had to say sounded more genuine. All the while he moved carefully as if his fear was giving him all the reason he needed to back away, like a coward might.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Round 6:
Hearing Dublaine's shouts, Grigory leaves the lantern behind and stealthily peers around the southeast corner of Rimblesnuffin's, nocking a blunted arrow and firing it at the nearest Varisian in hopes of rendering one of Dublaine's assailants unconscious.
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Attack (nonlethal): 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 4 = 4
Damage (nonlethal): 1d6 ⇒ 3


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Round 6:

At the trapdoor the doctor draws another object from his pocket, a type of potion. He drinks it and moves 5ft down into the basement.

Drink infusion of the shield spell and moves 5 ft.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Round 6:

If possible Krojun will move down and attack an elemental.

If not, he'll move closer.

Longsword attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Longsword damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Dublaine starts inching his way northward. The Varisian that's partially blocking his way, places the tip of his rapier against the elf, making it quite clear that if he continues, he's going to be impaled (Dublaine will suffer an AoO if he wishes to continue but if he survives it, he will be in a much better tactical position).

Eudonius buffs himself and prepares to re-engage the elementals below.

Dublaine feels a whoosh of an arrow, as Grigory fires wildly at the Varisians. The Varisian in I5 curses and turns from Dublaine towards Grigory, though he can't see the man at this point.

Krojun heads downstairs and fails to connect with an elemental, who continue to ignore his ineffective attacks and pummel the foundations stones, several of which have developed spider web cracks along their exteriors.

The Varisian in I5 presses himself against the wall of the shop and inches his way into the darkness, ending up in H9.

Dublaine, let me know if you're planning on accepting that AoO from the Varisians, or staying put. It'll affect what the other two do next.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Oops, I just realized I forgot to include my +2 bonus to damage on the summoner due to favored enemy status vs. humans. I was thinking it was just +2 to attack rolls, but it applies to damage also.

Round 7:
Grigory quietly stashes his bow, unsheathing his sap and hoping it will have better luck finding its mark. He can hear the Varisian's breath from just around the corner before he takes a 5-foot step, avoiding his own tripwire, and swings for his foe's head.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage (nonlethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Elf Rogue/1
Nazard wrote:
Dublaine, let me know if you're planning on accepting that AoO from the Varisians, or staying put. It'll affect what the other two do next.

Not sure with my rolls, but here goes nothing...

Accepting the disadvantage of moving with the Varsian pressing his advantage, Dublaine faked a moment of madness. "Snakes and summoners I can't take anymore!" He shouted as if he was snapping.

Then throwing his hands out he span around and away from the man suddenly leaping back to try and get further away aiming toward where he last saw his friends.


That sounds like using Acrobatics to avoid the AoO, which is perfectly fine to do.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Despite his best efforts, Dublaine is not able to tumble around the Varisian's rapier point.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

But the Varisian misses and Dublaine makes it safely out of the Varisian vice. The man quickly follows, however, and stabs at him again.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 and again misses the lithe elf.

I need a Fortitude save from Dublaine.

Eudonius is up. Sorry about lack of maps lately, folks. I run three games on these boards and as luck would have it, all three are currently embroiled in combat, spreading my map time pretty thin. Eudonius will be able to move and attack this round no trouble.


Male Elf Rogue/1

[ooc[Wow three games, don't envy you Nazard.[/ooc]

Fortitude save for Dublaine coming up 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

lets hope this isn't a bad one.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

I have a question. I dont know the sumoner class that well and I know that archetypes can make things even more confuse but when he cast another summon monster (like the eagle) doesnt one of his previous ones disappear?

Eudonius get down into the basement moving into a flanking position with Krojun and attacking the elemental. His sword draw sparks from the elemental's hardened rocky hide but does not seem to do much damage.

Atk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

#%€¥! M' gona need a bigger sword!


F Human Rog1

Just three?! I am in 7 games right now, though with my new temp job I will probably slow down a bit for the next month or so but will still be posting


Male Elf Rogue/1

All of a sudden Dublaine starts to thrash about. He shouts at the top of his voice as he seeks to control his rising panic.

"Help, I can't see. Help!" As the more rational reasoned and trained part of his brain kicked in, he realised if the Varsians wanted him dead, he probably would be dead already. Having done what he can to alert the others he gave up the pretence of trying to play it smart and realised he was likely to cause himself more harm than help with no means to see. So he relaxed held out his hands and decided that, for now, resistance was futile.

651 to 700 of 877 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.