Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


MSI Rookie Squad Two (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard

MAPS


601 to 650 of 877 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

So Dublaine and Eudonius have gone topside. Grigory shuts the vault door, noticing the scorch marks from electricity as he does do, and attacks an elemental, with no success.

Trace is next.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Actually I was going to propose the opposite.

Turning to Dublaine, muscles tense with frustation, Eudonius grumbles.

F+¥£!!!
This is pointless, we are not gona find him. For all we know he could be invisible and running away with a good head start.

And I dont know how to climb!

We need to track where he went, we need Grigory's expertise.
You go and see if you can spot the summoner from the rooftops. I will join the others and speed up things over there so we can all look for the bastard sooner.

Round3
Eudonius run back to the cellar's entrance and go down.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Getting a firm grip on one of the elementals, Krojun wrestles
with it for a short time before finally getting a good grip

Round 2:

Grapple: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22


F Human Rog1

Lady Trace attacks the one that is hitting the still.

On phone, you can roll or I will later tonight.


Trace attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Trace's sword clatters off the rocks. The elemental continues to ignore her efforts.

Suddenly, the trap door swings shut!

I'll give Krojun a while to tell me if he wants to change his action.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"What the?" Grigory exclaims, startled slightly by the trap door slamming above them. "He's in here!" He shouts, hoping Eudonius and Dublaine somehow hear him.

Round3::
Grigory takes another swing at the elemental, then rushes up the stairs to try to open the trap door.
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Elf Rogue/1

Sorry I don't imagine I'll hear Grigory, unless the DM Rules otherwise as I was heading up to the roof? But Eudonius was outside and close by as was Krojun!


Krojun is in the cellar already. Just giving him till end of day to revise his action or not before I decide not.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Is at work pulling a double shift, I'll stand by the post and is off again in 20 hours


F Human Rog1

Can't wait for my wizard level

"Told you he was still here!"


Male Elf Rogue/1

Argh Dublaine is out of the action...going to find a invisible enemy whose actually with you not out here with me! Talk about misdirection. If there is any way to reverse direction to help, I see nothing for it other than to get on the roof again. Pointless though that is, I sadly only know this as a player not a PC. Anyway not sure why things are so quiet, hope all is well in real life


Things are well. Just getting slammed at the moment. Also hoping to get this finished this week before I go away for a week without ability to edit maps (though will still be able to post).


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Dublaine on your last IC post you said you would try the climb again from a window in the second floor after you failed the first try. The stairs to the second floor are inside the house right by the trap door. Chances are that you will pass by whatever is going on one round after me.

Cant wait to see what happens next.


Maps Updated

Okay. Those in the cellar can look at Krojun's, and Eudonius can look at his own. Dublaine, at this point, I have you failing to scramble up Grigory's rope, and you gave up your lantern, so you're back in the dark. There's nothing to see, so I didn't bother with a map from your view (since even you don't show up on it!). Next round, you will be heading inside, as per your stated action to climb the stairs. I put Eudonius just coming in through the door from the store front. Phew! I think that's everybody. Now, back to our battle scene, already in progress...

Down below, Krojun ignores the slamming trap door to grab one of the elementals. He finally succeeds in distracting one of the creatures for a while.

Meanwhile, Dublaine and Eudonius continue their search for the summoner. Dublaine scrambles at the rope to get a better view from the rooftop, but his lack of skill in climbing shows, and he can't even get off the ground. Eudonius quickly searches the storefront, and not finding him, opens the door to the back. He sees that the trapdoor has been closed.

ROUND 3

Dublaine
Eudonius
Grigory
Trace
Unknown
Krojun
Elementals


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

I searched the front immediatly after the combat with the eidolum. Then I went inside through the front of the store and locked both doors behind me. Me and Dublaine exit the building from the back door. I was looking for clues in the back, I have already done so in the front. When I re-enter the store building is through the back door. Which would put me around E9.


Yes, and while all that was going on, Lady Trace was hopping down into cellars and the like. I'm trying to compute basically in-round actions like Trace's with the out-of-round searching of Eudonius and Dublaine.

If you'd like him to have come back in through the back, that's fine, but there just hasn't been time to search for clues in the front, back, and store.

It doesn't change anything to say that Eudonius comes in the back door and sees the trap door has been closed, instead of the door at E7.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

It does, I have not search the top floor yet. That is why I locked the doors when I passed through the front. By staying in the back Eudonius keeps an eye on the only unobstructed exit of the building he is aware of. Nobody broke in through the front and there were people in the back all the time until now, if he has not escaped while we were fighting his Eidolun chances are he is still trapped inside. That is why I stayed in the back, so I could keep an eye on the back door.

I assumed the searching for clues used the normal perception skill checks. If it takes longer its alright, just let me know when I am back inside.


Male Elf Rogue/1

As somewhat chargrined Dublaine enters through the back door having retrieved his latern...
ready to enter back into initiative order or re roll to enter if need be...He see Eudonius looking about and notices that the trap door is shut.

"Eudonius are the others ok, why is the trap door shut?" Dublaine asked as he was about to head upstairs to get a better view.

Originally I had it mind that I was going across the street, back to the rook I was originally on. But since I didn't make it clear I am happy to stick with the current situation as it does benefit me better. But I am saying this in the interest of integrity so that if you want to reinterpret my actions then you know I am not trying to pull a fast one on you. Otherwise I am happy to let things stand as they are


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Round 3:

Continue Grapple: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 + 5 = 26
Move the elemental to J34, Me to J33


I just meant that, with ooc knowledge, it wasn't going to change any outcomes whether or not Eudonius went in through the front or the back. However, Dublaine heading for the cafe does make a difference, so I appreciate your honesty.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

My Round 3 action is posted already. I thought that Eudonius had searched the storefront and joined us at the trapdoor before the combat rounds began and that Dublaine and Eudonius used Round 1 to head outside through the back door, Round 2 to look around out there and were now using Round 3 to climb/head back in the back door. I assume the Unknown hid for Round 1, ran up and slammed the trapdoor shut in Round 2 and is now on Round 3... If that's the case then Eudonius should at least be unknowingly blocking our invisible Unknown from being able to escape out the back door.


No, because Lady Trace posted that she jumped down into the cellar without any indication that she was waiting for anything, so for better or worse, the positions stand.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Ok. Regardless, my action for Round 3 is posted above. I'll repost it now to make it easier to find as well:

"What the?" Grigory exclaims, startled slightly by the trap door slamming above them. "He's in here!" He shouts, hoping Eudonius and Dublaine somehow hear him.

Round3:
Grigory takes another swing at the elemental, then rushes up the stairs to try to open the trap door.
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Didn't spoiler it this time for fear of losing my good rolls


I saw the reminder earlier, but was on my phone so couldn't really deal with it.

Grigory lands a solid blow against the earth elemental, knocking several chunks of stone off it.

Trace is up.


F Human Rog1

Can't speak for RAW, but if I am listening to locate his square(which still leaves him with full concealment), he shouldn't get a bonus from invisibility, since it only blocks sight.

"He is getting away!" She runs up shoving the door aside and goes straight for the back door, watching the ground and corners, looking for things to be moved by the supposed invisible guy, while listening for his breathing and such.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

I should have had enough movement after hitting the elemental to get through the trapdoor if it's unlocked and I think one square beyond it upstairs. If he somehow locked it behind him we're in real trouble.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Be carefull with AoO guys.


F Human Rog1

Right, forgot about that, You could consider it a withdrawal action.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

They've been preoccupied with pounding away at the wall, so I wasn't too concerned with AoO. We'll find out if I should have been momentarily.


Sigh. I hate that most of my posting is from the phone. It's so easy to miss things on the tiny screen. Opening a door is a move action, so you can forgo your attack on the elemental to move and open the door, or you can attack and move up the stairs, preparing to open the trap door the next round. Which would you like?

And it can only be a withdrawal action if you only move. If you move and open a door, it's not a withdrawal, and the elemental could take an AoO, if it was so inclined. Same for attacking and moving.


F Human Rog1

I am not too worried about the aoo, they don't seem inclined.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

I'll take my attack since it actually did something, and move to the door.


Okay, I'm back. This battle already had some confusions in it before the week off, so I'm going to recap how things have gone to this point.[/ooc]

You heard pounding sounds and Dublaine had seen movement just before, so you assumed the robbery was going down right beneath you. You made your way to the back of the shop, where Eudonius was attacked and nearly hauled over the cliff by a serpentine eidolon. You eventually rid yourself of the creature and made your way into the shop itself. After ignoring an illusion of a Hellknight (presumably some sort of security system), Trace, Grigory, and Krojun entered the cellar through an open trap door. Once down there, you found two earth elementals pounding on the walls, and the vault door open. The elementals have been ignoring you so far, continuing to undermine the building's foundations. Krojun has successfully initiated and maintained a grapple on one of them, but the second is still attacking the foundations. You have managed some minor hits against that one. Then, the trap door suddenly closed above you, leading you to the conclusion that your quarry is here right now, under the cloak of invisiblity.

In the current round, Dublaine has headed towards the cafe, while Eudoniud, who had been searching other places for the perp, has just entered back into the building through the rear to see that the trap door is closed. Grigory landed a good hit against the elemental and then moved up to beneath the trap door. Then Lady Trace bolted for the trap door herself to open it, but as Grigory is in the way, and opening the door would be a move action, there's no way she can move, open the door, and get out of Grigory's space. Since she's obviously concerned with opening the door, the only way it can happen within the rules is if she drops prone, success or fail with opening the trap door, so I'll go with that approach.

Lady Trace Strength check: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Lady Trace dashes up, putting her shoulder to the trap door. Expecting only the weight of the door itself, she's thrown by an unexplained amount of extra resistance she wasn't expecting. Still, with the adrenaline currently coursing through her veins, she manages a good shove with her knees against the steps, and the trap door comes flying open. The force of the effort, however, drives Lady Trace herself to the rough wood of the cellar stairs.

Up above, Eudonius sees the trap door bounce slightly with Trace's first heave, then come flying open with her second. He hears the soft thud of a human body hitting the closed door to the storefront, though he sees no obvious source of the sound.

Overrun: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Suddenly, Eudonius hears the sound of pounding feet, and even as a strong shoulder slams into him, spinning him around, a bald man with tattooes materializes right in front of him. As the invisiblity continues to wear off, Eudonius catches a glimpse of a metal jewelry chain dangling from one fist. Eudonius catches himself on the wall to keep from going down and as he watches, the man leaps into the air, pushes off the railing around the back porch with a strong kick and sails through the air, onto the marble balustrade, where he immediately rolls off over the side and off the cliff itself!

Meanwhile, down below, Krojun succeeds in moving his captured elemental.

Elemental grapple check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
The earth elemental fails to break the grapple.
The other elemental continues to pound on the foundations.

MAPS UPDATED
ROUND 4
Dublaine
Eudonius
Grigory
Trace
Veristan
Krojun
Elementals


Male Elf Rogue/1

Nazard did you see my PM to you in reply to your PM to me? Its just that that contained my actions re the things going on outside.


Eudonius is up. Dublaine is running his part in this via PM for the time being.


F Human Rog1

Why didn't my page update? I'm so disappointed in the system :(


Sent Eudonius a PM. Only person left to check in after the hiatus is Krojun.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

On pure reflex the half orc bites the translucid shape's arm as it materialize in front of him trying to use the momentum of the shock to trip his opponent.
Trip Atk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
I give the guy an AoO back


AoO dagger attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Critical confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6

As Eudonius reaches out to trip the Shoanti, the man brings his dagger up into the alchemist. Shock floods his body along with the steel, and by the time he recovers, the man has pushed passed. Eudonius leans against a wall, holding his insides together, as he watches the summoner leap off the porch and over the cliff.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Round4
Eudonius follows the man to the porch while drawing his magic wand and shouting.

Dublaine! He is here!

What do I see over the porch? Where did he landed?


He hasn't landed, yet. His leap took him over the cliff. By the time Eudonius makes it to the edge, he sees the man gently floating down towards Lowcleft, having covered about thirty feet of slow, lazy free fall. It doesn't take a genius in spellcraft to realize that the man must have some sort of feather fall on board.


F Human Rog1

What would happen if I jumped on him?


And missed?


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

My exact same thoughts, both of them. Lol.


F Human Rog1

But I am referring to the spell on him. Would it fail? Would it still work? perhaps falling a bit faster than normal, or would it be unaffected? AKA would landing on him send us both plummeting?
Besides, I can use my whip to help land on him.


It would be like jumping onto a flutter board in the pool and keeping it underwater. You would need a grapple check to get a hold of him in the first place, then he would have four rounds to break the grapple at sixty foot intervals to send you flying, or make the concentration check to cast a spell or summon a critter.

Even if you manage to succeed all the way down, you're alone at the bottom of the cliff with a summoner capable of SMii.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Sorry, didn't realize I was up and still reeling from what just took place with the summoner. Not entirely sure what to do next to me honest. Did I actually see the summoner go over the side of the cliff?

"$%#&*!!!," Grigory curses. "Guess you were right about our invisible enemy," he mutters to Lady Trace. Though it would have been much more helpful if one of us had acted on your suspicions sooner.


F Human Rog1

Well, I never said she thought that far ahead. Is there water at the bottom (more then 15 ft deep)? If so use the following action (she will at worst dive into the water, she is trained in swimming after all), if not then she will watch from the top of the cliff.

She jumps right behind him trying to land on him and attack him with her short sword. (I am hoping he be flat-footed for not considering that she might do such a dangerous thing)
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Short sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d6 ⇒ 3
Return Grapple when he attempts to escape: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Fortunately for Lady Trace, there is nothing below but a warren of two and three storey slate-roofed buildings. Mikobar recedes into the night below.


F Human Rog1

Awww, did you see those rolls? That would have been awesome to do.

601 to 650 of 877 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.