Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

MSI Rookie Squad Two (Inactive)

Game Master Nazard

MAPS


551 to 600 of 877 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

F Human Rog1

I thought I had gone to E9 just inside the doorway but oh well

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Lady Trace Tries to sneakily and suddenly have her sword against his throat, if successful in this she will the say "Release your summons and surrender or face the consequences." and she says it as persuasively as she can.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Elf Rogue/1
Grigory Reinhold wrote:
"Nicely done, Dublaine! But I heard someone inside as I was on my way down from the roof,"

[OOC:] sorry for being a bit keen, didn't meant to muddy the waters ;-)[/ooc]

Dublaine acknowledge Grigory's curt nod, grateful that he'd been able to make up for his past mistake. After sorting out his rapier, he bent down to take a look at Eudonius. Though no expert with healing, he wanted to make his companion comfortable as the others made for the shop.

ok happy to try and make Eudonius more comfortable or take whatever checks I can to help 1d20 ⇒ 12 not much help in healing? Otherwise I will be on standby to leap into the afray should one happen again.


Ah, yes you did. Very well, Lady Trace pushed past Grigory (who probably warned her that somebody was in there) and stepped inside. The man was yelling down an open trap door and ignored Trace. The man also ignores the blade at his throat.


F Human Rog1

Lady Trace will be wary that this may be an illusion but she goes for the slit throat anyway and then immediately takes defensive stance looking for where else an attack may come. If no attack is forthcoming she will peek down the trapdoor, while watching for ambush or traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


As Lady Trace pulls her dagger across the man's throat, there is no accompanying spurt of blood, and the man continues to shout unimpeded into the open trap door. With the mounting evidence, she can finally see through the illusion, just. It was clearly a well-crafted bit of magic.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Getting up from the floor while picking his blade and stretching his bruised joins Eudonius dismiss Dublaines worries.

I am fine, i am fine. Go help them, the gnome stored his piece of the enjoiner at his safe in the cellar, the entrance is through a trap door, go!

Are we still in combat rounds? Getting up and retreiving my sword would be my round 5th actions.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"Clever bit of illusion it seems," Grigory whispers to his comrades. "I wonder what he's shouting at down there."

I'll take a look down the trap door as well just in case I can help Lady Trace spot something...

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


A sudden flash of light and crackling sound of electricity come from the open trap door.

As the flash of light clears your vision, you realize that the sounds of rock on rock have doubled in frequency. Dust rains down from the ceiling, and you hear an ominous groan somewhere in the rafters above.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Walking in behind Grigory, Krojun looks at the two standing besides the illusion looking down in the basement and then upwards towards the ceiling. "Where is this noise coming from?" he half yells to be heard over the pounding. He raises the lantern to get a better view.

Aid another, perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Because of the positioning of the walls up hee, the only way to get a look at what's going on downstairs is either to lean over the edge and stick your head down, or actually go down the stairs into the cellar. Anybody care to exercise one of those options?


F Human Rog1

Lady Trace will hop down, stealthily.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Elf Rogue/1

Having acknowledged Eudonius as being ok, Dublaine followed the others, but not before grabbing his lantern and lighting it. On seeing and feeling the shaking he had to redouble his efforts. Moving forward into a shaking house, took all his courage.

ok not sure what help I can be in an already crowded situation, so am open to other suggestions, but otherwise, will grab my lantern, that I dropped earlier, light it and head to the door where the others are


Nice rolls, Lady Trace!

Trace hops down, using the floor above to swing herself wide of the stairs, plopping down almost silently on the dirt of the floor below. The glow of light from the open vault illuminates two small-sized earth elementals pounding away on the foundations of the east wall. They ignore you (or haven't noticed you yet), but given the amount of damage they've already done to the foundations, you doubt that they are illusions. As you watch, one of them rears a fist back and slams it into the foundation stones, but instead of the immediate crash you expect, the fist slides part way through the rock before crashing with the stone in the middle.


Map's Updated

Trace's map is for her only; everybody else can look at Krojun's.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Eudonius moves to the front of the store to prevent enemies from sneaking away that way. He uses two charges of his magic wand to heal himself, checks for anything out of the ordinarie on the surroundings and enter the store through its front entrance if nothing is found.

Wand of C.L.Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

HP: 06/11

Wand of C.L.Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

HP: 11/11

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Looking at krojun's map I noticed there is one more person on tht map who is not from our party, who is he?.... Also i did not entered the store yet, using hat map I should be in D5. One last question: Does the front of the store have a path to the back of it where the party is? If that is not the case I will change my actions.


You can walk around the store, if that's what you mean. If you mean through the store, yes, there is a doorway that leads into the storefront itself. It's locked, but the key is in the lock on this side. We're out of rounds for the time being (though I'm keeping track of round-equivalent time frames and are about to reenter with Lady Trace down below). If you don't want Eudonius inside yet, however, that's fine, I'll move him back out and around front. The front door is locked. The extra guy is the illusion of the man in plate mail.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Didn't the gnome gave us the key to the store?


Probably, and it would probably make sense that he gave it to Eudonius, since he was the one who spent the most time talking with him.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

So after checking the street Eudonius will open the front door of the shop and look inside with his half-orc eyes.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

If everything looks alright he will enter the store, lock the door behind him and move to meet the rest of the group near the trapdoor, if things are not as they were supposed to be...we will see.


Eudonius sees nothing of interest in store front?


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Hmm, is it a question or a typo?


Oops, typo.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Grigory watches Lady Trace drop stealthily into the basement and awaits an indication from her as to what to do next. Swapping his sap for his scimitar, he prepares to hop down the trapdoor to join her in combat should the need arise.

"Hope the roof doesn't come down on top of us," he whispers to his nearby comrades. "Maybe a few of us should head outside to search for whoever summoned that snake. I would think he's got to be nearby somewhere."

While the creaking and groaning of the building makes him uneasy enough to want to volunteer for the outside search duties, Grigory knows Eudonius' ability to see in the dark and Dublaine's stealth represent the team's best chance of finding and surprising the summoner.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

Ok, then let me know when i rejoin with the group at the trapdoor's entrance DM Nazard.


Male Elf Rogue/1
Grigory Reinhold wrote:
Grigory knows Eudonius' ability to see in the dark and Dublaine's stealth represent the team's best chance of finding and surprising the summoner.

Good point I had hoped we'd met them in the basement - but clearly not so.

Grigory made his way to the trap door, through which Lady Trace had gone and as Eudonius made his way to the group, clearly looking disappointed, Dubaline began to wonder where was the summoner. Looking to Eudonius, he whispered, "Did you see the summoner, I don't think they're here, so might the be scrying on the place or spying from some location outside? Do you think we ought to take a look?

Dublaine hated to leave, especially with the pounding going on below, but if the summoner could be found, might it bring the 'attack' to an end?

He waited whilst Eudonius considered his words.


F Human Rog1

On phone sorry for no formatting,

Lady Trace will attack one of them with the short sword, sneak attack if possible, then shout for the others to help.

Please roll for me.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"Krojun, hand me the lantern," Grigory whispers. "You follow me down and be ready to tackle anything that gets past. We don't want whatever's down there escaping."

Can Lady Trace give an indication as to what she can see down there? Hand signals to let us know there are two small enemies and where they are in relation to the trapdoor?


That's reasonable, and I can't see any reason why she wouldn't. She glances up, holding two fingers and pointing their locations, before she strikes and shouts for aid. If you want hand signals for sizes of enemies, you'll have to develop a signal language IC.

Lady Trace attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 As elementals, they are immune to sneak attack and critical hits.

Lady Trace plunges her short sword into where the thing's heart should be, but the hard rock deflects the attack, leaving her with just a sprinkling of dust and rock flakes which quickly vanish as her rewards. The elemental has now definitely seen her. Eye-like depressions in the rock creature appear and look at her, but it continues to pound on the foundations.

That was a surprise round. Eudonius will be opening the door from the store front to the back hall during this round, and it looks like Grigory is coming down the stairs with the lantern and Krojun is handing the lantern over during the surprise round. Dublaine may or may not be going outside to look for the summoner.

Maps Updated

Initiative:
Dublaine: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Eudonius: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Grigory: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Krojun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Trace: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Unknown: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Elementals 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

ROUND 1

Dublaine
Eudonius
Grigory
Trace
Unknown
Krojun
Elementals

Elemental stats:

AC/Touch/FF: 17/10/17
F/R/W: +6/-1/+3
HP Elemental 1: 15
HP Elemental 2: 17


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

After entering the back of the store Eudonius wisper an answer to Dublaine.
I checked the street in front and the front of the store, nobody. Summoning spells dont have a long range, he must still be nearby. I dont think he had enough time to crack open the safe downstairs but we should check it.

He tells to Krojun before he jumps downstairs.
The gnome's safe is in the cellar where you guys are going. If you can, send somebody to check if it was forced open. Be carefull, the summoner may be down there hidding.

Turning back to the elf.
Lets check the back, if we dont find anything we go upstairs. He entered this building through the back but he did not cross the front of it or we would have see him. There must be another path somewhere around there.

Before leaving Eudonius will also lock the door that connects the front of the store to the back of it and bring the key with him.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Grigory barrels down the stairs to the basement, scimitar drawn. As he turns to attack one of the elementals he notices the safe's door is slightly ajar. Seeing that the creatures haven't turned to attack Lady Trace, he kicks the door open to check the inside of the vault.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

At least based on my map it looks like the door has been opened... If it hasn't, I'll attack the elemental in M-35 instead.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Also, if the vault has been opened, I'll shout up to the others to let them know that.


The vault is open and empty of people. Shelves line the walls, all with various gems and half-finished jewelry.


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

Would you post their CMD, I'm going to need it for grapple attempts.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"The vault is open! Can't tell if the fragment is missing or not!"

Do I still have sufficient actions left this round to attack an elemental?


CMD is 15.

You can have actions left if you have movement left to get from where you are to the vault and back.

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

Round 1:
Moving in an 'L' from bottom of stairs to N-35 with a brief pause to peek into the vault and shout to his squadmates, Grigory unleashes an attack on one of the creatures (in M-35).

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

And accomplishes nothing.


Male Elf Rogue/1
Eudonius Lynch wrote:

Turning back to the elf.

Lets check the back, if we dont find anything we go upstairs. He entered this building through the back but he did not cross the front of it or we would have see him. There must be another path somewhere around there.

Dublaine nodded, lamp held high and sword drawn he followed Eudonius towards the back of the building. As they moved they heard Grigory's shouts that the safe was open, things were indeed happening swifter than they'd appreciated.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

#%*+
Curses the half orc under his breath as they exit to the back of the building. If the safe was open the summoner could be running away right now.

Do you know how to track footprints Dublaine? It may be worth a shot.

round 1:

Lock the connecting door inside the store and move (30ft) out of the building into the backyard.


Male Elf Rogue/1
Eudonius Lynch wrote:
Do you know how to track footprints Dublaine? It may be worth a shot.

Dublaine replied shaking his head as he whispered back, "No, sadly not. We'd need Grigory for that and he is otherwise engaged. So what do you think do we go try and find the summoner?"


F Human Rog1

"Grigory, you help me, everyone else go outside and find the summoner he may be invisible or using other powerful magic, but he does not need to be here for these things to stay and the illusion was to buy himself time, be careful."

Atk with short sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 2

She will keep an eye on the vault, just in case he is still in there under a spell. "Grig, shut that"


Male Human (Shoanti/Varisian) Fighter/1

A bit confused by the conflicting orders of Grigory and Trace, he decides that since he gave away the lantern, he might as well head down into the cellar and lend a hand.

Round 1:

Move action down the stairs into the cellar.

If that brings me within reach of one of the elemental Krojun will make a grapple attempt

Grapple: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10, which he fails.

If not he'll take another move action and move close to one


Dublaine and Eudonius head outside to look for the summoner.

Grigory, meanwhile, heads down, peeks into the vault, sees it empty of people, and moves on to whack at the elemental to no effect. Trace similarly has no effect on the elementals.

Krojun descends the stairs and attempts to grab one of the creatures, but finds the stone hard and unyielding, and is unable to get a good grip on the muscular rock.

The elementals add insult to...insult bu continuing to ignore you and pound away at the foundations. Small cracks, similar to those you saw at the other two sites, begin to spiderweb along the rocks, and they start to shift ever so slightly against the weight of the building above. Those outside hear a groaning sound from the building.

Sorry, no map at the moment, but not much of importance has changed with respect to the battle downstairs. All three of you can attack the elementals, and you can flank them too, if one of you is willing to allow yourselves to be flanked in return.

ROUND 2

Dublaine
Eudonius
Grigory
Trace
Unknown
Krojun
Elementals


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

On the back Eudonius desperatly looks for any sight of the summoner. Where the $&@¥ are you #%+€!

Backtracking the tread I realised you said you are using a diferent set of rules for stealth DM Nazard, could you post a link to then?


Stealth rules

Grand Lodge

M Human Urban Ranger 1

"If we're going to keep the building from coming down on top of us, we've got to stop these things!" Grigory shouts.

All three of us will get flanking bonuses if Lady Trace scoots forward to the space between the elementals and Krojun positions himself in the corner. I can't get one until after this round.

Do I get an attack of opportunity since I'm beside one of the elementals when it ignores us and strikes at the wall? If so:
AAO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Round 2:
Grigory hacks at the nearest elemental again, hoping for a better result.
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Elf Rogue/1

Dublaine took a moment to look around hoping that his superior vision might reveal something, that in their previous haste, they'd missed.

round 2:

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Argh we're all fairing badly at the hands of the dice.

Ok so taking the time to check around for the summoner, and if I spot nothing obvious then taking a look for what might be the best place to work from, given what we know so far.


Chirurgeon-Internal Alchemist lvl 1, HP 10/10, Bombs 0/3day, AC16/T12/F14, F +3, R +4, W +0, Init +2, Perc +6, HeroPoints 2/3

The half orc start to look around searching for clues or footprints the summoner could have left behind.

Round 2
Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Oh gods of the dice, why do you hate me?! Is it poissible to take 20 on this tests? How long it would take?


20 rounds! Not ideal.

You both see nothing. If the summoner is out here watching, a good vantage point would be ones like the party used: rooftops. However, while the rooftops give excellent hiding against people on the ground, they offer no cover from each other. Grigory and Dublaine would have had to be blind to not see him.


Male Elf Rogue/1

In which case Dublaine suggests that he ascends back onto the roof and take a look from there.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Ok forget that maybe, or just go through the house inside and onto the roof - I'd say the dice are making a monkey out of me, except that would be a good thing and this isn't.

And then when I do finally get there use perception, 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Perception.

551 to 600 of 877 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MSI Rookie Squad Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.